Speaker 1: You start to dive into the Seahawks, how much similarities are There are a lot of similarities from what you faced last year with the Ravens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, i'd say so the scheme is pretty similar, and and how they call the plays and stuff looks similar. Obviously, the personnel and everything is different, and so we just got to know, you know, obviously which guys look out for in certain situations. But yeah, the scheme is very similar on that game.
Speaker 1: Against the Ravens, know the way you wanted it to. So how do you how do you just look back.
Speaker 2: On that game? Yeah, I mean, I mean we've watched it a bunch, just in terms of like what we're trying to do, what their scheme was against our offense and our scheme, and so watching it obviously watching how the game went and the decisions that I made and stuff, and obviously like learning from it. But uh, more than anything, just when I do get in those situations again, like handling, handling everything in the right way in terms of get to my answer and you know, taking what the defense gives me and and those kinds of things. So it's it's been really good watching. But at the same time, like I said, we're playing a whole new personnel and the Seahawks, and and so it should be a little bit different in that regard just playing different players. But when it comes to the scheme versus scheme, it was good to watch the game last year against Baltimore and uh so it was good.
Speaker 3: On the last interception against the Cardinals, looks like you were waiting for Auk an out route and then kid underneath. I So you as you're walking out the look at the video board. Can you do you in that moment see it it? Can you look like obviously work thrilled and kind of grimaced when you move to the video board, Do you see like a crap?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean, uh I got hit And so I'm like, all right, where how did that happen? With you know, our protection that we had on and stuff, And we had two guys come to the side of where our protection was set and one guy was free. And so that's all me in terms of getting the ball out and not holding on to it. So in that situation when I was walking off looking at the video board, I was like, man, that I miss a guy or that I just try to get to Ayuk the whole time and not see what was going on with the bullets and stuff. So in that moment, that's what I was thinking about and wish I would have executed it differently.
Speaker 4: The stats suggest that you're holding onto the ball longer than any other quarterback, and obviously you're scrambled or you know, producing that number, But does it feel different than twenty two or twenty three as far as you know, just snap to release time for you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like there's just been some plays where I'm scrambling and stuff just because like what the defense is doing in terms of dropping eight and giving us some different looks in that regard. So for me, it's more been about keeping a play alive and and uh it's been good. And there's also been some plays obviously where you know, we've had you know, minus ten or whatever from trying to scramble around and stuff. So uh, there's I think those kinds of players that pop up, so that maybe how that's affected the stats with that. But for me, I still go about my progressions and everything just like I have the last couple of years with our offense and our system. You know, I'm not going into a game going all right, I'm gonna hold on the ball longer here and try to make something happen. It's how can I how can I be efficient, help out the O line, get the ball out of my hands and do my job. So but the teams that we play, the schemes that we've played, I guess they've done some of that where they're dropping more back in the zone and making me go through my progression and turns out I'm holding on the ball.
Speaker 5: So that's that Brocket, is your play action is down this year from what's been in the past. Is that a function of that when teams are dropping more you don't want to turn your back as you need that extra time to go through progressions or what are you kind of attribute?
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's the case. I would say, you know, you've got to be running the ball really, really well and then setting up certain plays and stuff. And where we're at, I think we're running the ball really well, but I think within schemes and trying to win with certain plays drawn up for us, it's just been drop back plays and we trusting the guys to just be able to drop back and allow me to go through a progression and rip it to them. So you know, we're not going into a game saying they're going to drop back a lot, So we're not we're gonna stay away from the play Action pass. We still have plays dialed up in the play Action world, but we just haven't had opportunities to run them in the right situations or whatnot. But again, we're trusting Kyle within all the play calls with that regard and and so that's just sort of just how the flow of the game has gone and the play calls have gone.
Speaker 5: So sure, last year you guys were the number one team in the league and red zone touchdown percentage. This year it's been more of a struggle. What does the film show?
Speaker 3: How would you evaluate what you guys have done in.
Speaker 1: The red zone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we've had some opportunities, and I think that's an area for me to be better for sure. Trust the plays, trust the concepts, trust my guys, and and being willing to go down there and rip it. I mean, like I said when I talk to you guys last time after the game, you know, the window get tighter and the timing of it is is quicker and faster. So for me, it's about getting back into a rhythm down there and give my guys a chance. So that's probably the biggest thing that I've seen on film.
Speaker 5: Both said that you need to get back to complimentary football.
Speaker 6: What does that mean to you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, it's a it's a team sport. So for four quarters. You know, when the defense, when the defense gets to stop. For us as an offense, it's like, all right, let's pick it up and and go put points on the board, and and vice versa. When we're rolling, defense get to stop, special teams do their thing. Uh, that's complimentary football. That's how you win in this league. And uh, you know, if defense is getting all these stops and the offense is cold, I mean, I mean that's pretty obvious to everybody that it's gonna be tough to get into a rhythm and pull away from a team and then you allow a team to stay in the game and and those kinds of things. But the last couple of years, when we've won pretty well, it's been about complimentary football. Defense gets stops and turnovers, offense puts up points on the board, and we pull away. So we both believe in that, and everyone here knows that's the truth.
Speaker 4: You can this type of game Galvani based on a little bit of a slow start and knowing what that it looks like with a couple of part home games after this as well.
Speaker 2: In this kind of game, rally guy, Yeah, I mean, I think every game for us is extremely important. Obviously, you get through the end of the season, it's like where you're at wins and losses and all kind of stuff going to the playoffs. So I mean everything matters. But for us man, all that matters right now is Seattle Thursday night. Uh, getting back into the win column and and uh, you know, just picking up our momentum. Man that I think the season is so much about momentum and and uh obviously staying healthy and getting ready for the next game. But for us man, it's one game at a time. We're not looking too far ahead in the future. And uh, whoever we get up on our schedule for the for the next game, that's who we got. But we're not looking too far into it and we just gotta win.
Speaker 3: Scrambling and extending plays is larger then this season, sweet, But when you do have the one, you know where you're around for ten seconds and get sacked, is it a reminder of like, oh gosh, maybe I can take this go too far with this, or is it just like, Okay, if I do this, you know, twelve times I can get sacked. Months that's just the way it goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think it depends on the situation that we're in, within the game and being smart with the ball, putting my team in my offense and in the best situation possible. If I can make something happen with my legs and and move the chains or get a positive gain, great, let's go. But at the same time, knowing that you know that's not gonna be the case every time I'm scrambling around like it's backyard football, I gotta be smart, make a couple of guys miss, maybe throw the ball away, being willing to play with third manageable rather than you know, trying to make up for it after a ten yard loss with a crazy scramble. So it definitely depends on the situation. But also knowing that I have confident and some belief in my legs as well to make some plays in the right scenario. So find balance your confidence level.
Speaker 6: Though you've gone in there twice once, but of them last year on Thanksgiving night, that you're able to go in that environment and come out with a win. How does that help you comfort and confidence wise about Obviously it's not the major emphasis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know, for us, it's sort of just a good reminder of you're going into a hostile environment where they're going to be on you every time we step out onto the field. Got a great defense, great players that we're going against in a great team, and so every chance and opportunity you get, man, you got to be on top of it. And if you can and execute and play team football, some good things can come from it. And it feels good when you're able to walk out knowing that you guys did your job really well. And so obviously we've learned that as a team the last couple of years, but this is a new year. It's a new team for both sides, and and uh, you know, it's got to go in and execute and be dialed in every moment. So that's r