Speaker 1: The volume. The eighty two game preseason is in the books, and it is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell, Casino w and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issueans See DKG dot co slash b ball for eligibility and depositive restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: The playoffs are upun us the best place to watch right there in person. Game Time is an authorized ticket marketplace for playoff basketball, which makes getting playoff tickets even easier and faster. Prices on game Time app actually go down closer it gets to tip off with killer last minute deals, all in prices, views from your seat, the lords price guarantee game Time. Take it the guests work out of buying tickets. Save even more when you choose a section and let game time. Choose to see the lower price guaranteed or game Time will credit one and ten percent of the difference. Take the guests work out of buying playoff basketball tickets with game Time. Download the game Time app. Creat an account. Use code Nightcap twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again. Creat an account Redeem code Nightcap night Cap for twenty dollars off. Download game Time Today, last minute tickets, lowest price guaranteed. Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap I am your favorite. Shannon Sharp, He's your favorite, Number eighty five, Route Runner, Extraordinary, Bingos, Ring of Fame, Honoree Pro Bowler, All Pro all the Way from Liberty City. He's Chad O, Jo Sinko, Risotto Johnson. Please make sure you hit that like button. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button so we can grow and so these videos will be like and YouTube will help us out and you'll get an opportunity and those are not subscribed, we'll get an opportunity to see these videos. But please make sure you hit that like button, subscribe button, so you would get a notification every time Nightcap is on and when we're about to go on.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for selling out. Shay By Laportier.
Speaker 1: We're only taking pre orders only, but we will be able to fulfill all back orders. So if you have a back order you order, say in March or April, we're gonna be able to fulfill that order very very soon and moving forward, we will not have this issue again. So thank you kindly for your patients and we're really really appreciate you helping us grow.
Speaker 2: Shape By Laportier.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you follow our social media My social media company on all this platform, that's Shayshape Media and my clothing company that's eighty four spelled out. The link to night Chat Nightcap Merch is pinned at the top of the chat. We also have a Shopify store pin below video, so you'll see all the items that we have that's available and you'll be able to see them and so thank you very much. Quantities are limited and they're selling out fast. And what we're doing we're offering free one hundred dollars shipping on all orders over one hundred dollars a more. That's free shipping on all orders one hundred dollars a more. And to show our chation to you guys, because you've been so great to us, we created an additional twenty percent off. Just use the code unk So additional twenty percent off use the cold Thank you guys. Oh you're let's jump right into it tonight. The Pacers one twenty six to one ten JB. Jaylen Brown drops forty points as the Celtics taker two nothing lead and Tyrese Haliburton exited the game was being reported as a sore hamstring. Remember he did miss time in the regular season. I think he missed at least ten games with that sore ham string. If he is not able to return, it was already going to be a daunting task even with him in the lineup. With him out of the lineup, I don't see how they stand much of a chance. But hey, that's why we play the game. But the Celtics aren't controlling this series. They hold Servant home after a very tough Game one victory, they come out and they cruise one twenty six to one.
Speaker 4: Ten.
Speaker 1: Jalen Brown has forty points. I think Jason Tatum had twenty three points. Dereck Wright had twenty three points as they take or to nothing lead. Oo, what'd you take.
Speaker 2: From the game?
Speaker 5: I mean, listen, for one, the Pacers they were down two to the Knicks, they were down to o two to the Knicks, and they were able to prevail and come back. Obviously, Halliburton being injured is not going to make it easy. Like you did say, it is a daunting task even with him available. Pascal Siakam had a phenomenal game. The supporting cast did what they could. But I think the Celtics are a little bit too much, a little bit too much for the Pacers. I'm hoping Halliburton can get back. A hamstring injury is something you don't play with. That's something that you do not play with. I'm not sure if he'll be able to make it back to this series, but even if he is, the way it's looking and the way it's headed, it's looking like a gentleman's sweep. I hope the Pacers can steal a game and make it an interesting series. But as far as what I've seen so far from the Celtics, looks like they're going to be in the finals.
Speaker 1: This is why you win the game you're supposed to win in The Pacers supposed to win Game one, but they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. And look, I understand that. Look all Boston did was whole servant home. But there's the difference between Boston and the Knicks. The Knicks were already down two guys. They're already down Jeorceh Ramda. They went down Mitchell Robinson and remember og Annoby want their best wing defender, one of their best wing defender, and the score. He goes down, Bogdanovinch, he goes down. There ain't nobody down but Porzingos they still got JT, they still got JB, they still have Derrick White.
Speaker 5: And you know what's funny, they're in control of the series right now. Porzingis was supposed to come back Game four, there's really no need for Borzenis to come back. They might as well just let him rest and heal all the way up to one hundred percent until they get to the finals. There's no need even risk it.
Speaker 4: There's no point.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing on Yoe, Let's try to make this a quick series. Let's go take care of our business. Go ahead and make this thing affoord nothing sweet. Let them guy battle it out in the West. And so now we'll get seven, eight, nine, ten days a rest. So Presingers is fully healthy because he unlocks this entire offense, because he's.
Speaker 2: Able to what he's able to do.
Speaker 1: He has a post game, he unlocks JB, he unlocks JT, and so yes, he would be a much needed asset, and he gives them size because without him in the lineup. Yeah, I mean, look, you're going against Minnesota, You're definitely gonna need Prezingers because you go seven to Rudy Gobert, you go seven, butt Cat, you go six. Ten, six eleven Nazrid, So you're gonna definitely need him. And even if you go even if you face the Mavericks, you go probably six to eleven. Lively, you probably go six nine six ten Gafford, so PJ.
Speaker 2: Washington.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna need somebody to battle those guys on the board. So you're definitely gonna need Presingers because he's your he's your best rim protector, and he's a guy can also score your twenty points if need too.
Speaker 5: Another thing, if it is a gentleman's sweep, do you think it affects momentum the chemistry of the team if they have that many days off before they play in the finals.
Speaker 4: I'd rather have I know, I know, I know how it works for football.
Speaker 5: You know, when you're off and you have a bye week and you come back, sometimes you're a little sluggish. Sometimes you're little sluggish and it takes time to get that momentum going. As opposed that they have right now is take is having a four old sweep? Will it do the Celtics more harm than good?
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing. A gentleman sweep is five to one. I mean, for one, a sweep is four Oh, so they're boring headed towards a regular sweep or they're listing Lively. They say Lively seven to one. So you're definitely gonna need Presingers because Presingers goes seven to three. You do have Al Horford, but Al was about sixteen. But you need as many guy as you possibly can to battle on the glass. Right. But here's the thing, Oh Joe, Yeah, you'd probably like to like get maybe like two or three days of rest, but considering that prezingers, you need him to be at his best. You want to make him as healthy as you possibly can. The last thing you want to have happened, you bring it back. He reinjureds that calf in Game one, and now he's going for the rest of the series. I believe if we give him what he gonna probably be off somewhere between two weeks in seventeen days. I think that's probably that'll probably be a good enough opportunity for that calf to healed up, heal up, and to keep him healthy. But the Celtics did a great job tonight. And now I'm not trying to start in the controversy, but I don't think I'm breaking news. Jaylen Brown has been the best player for the Celtics in these playoffs. Yeah, as simple as that. Yeah, JB had a great game Game one, and we understand that, but he has not been terribly efficient in the process of getting the numbers that he's getting. Jalen Brown has been their most consistent player throughout these playoffs. If you go back and look at games in the first round series, the second round series, and now this one, well an opportunity to advance, Jalen Brown has been their best player. I'm not saying he is their best player, but I'm saying he's played the best.
Speaker 5: Okay, I was getting ready, I was getting ready to ask you. So I have a question about the maths. I don't mean to switch topics like this, but between Jason Tatum and Jaylen Brown, and Jason Tatum the better player, he's just not shooting as efficient and Jaylen Brown is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think who's the better of the two? Well, I think me personally, I think Jason Tatum is the better of the two. But two things can be true. One can be the better player, but the other can be playing better. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: That's confusing to give me, give me, give give it to me in football analogy. Use use use football, use football term the football players, and I'll get a better understanding.
Speaker 1: Someone can might be the best receiver, but he didn't play better in that game. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Okay, now not now you make Now you make a sense to me.
Speaker 2: That's and so that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Sometimes a guy can be the best player, but that doesn't mean he played the best. I believe Jason Tatum is the best player on the Celtics, but j but Jaln Brown has been playing.
Speaker 4: That term in the series, in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: In the playoffs, Jason Tatum was a first team All NBA selection JB. Although I think he should have made one of those three teams, he was not. So that's just that's that's my thought press process of it. It's not it's really not that uh. And like I said, I think and I like what the Celtics did is that they tried to.
Speaker 2: Get the ball to JB.
Speaker 1: J T Lake to try to get him going. You see, he got a couple of and ones, but he still shot nine to twenty from the floor.
Speaker 2: M hm. And so he he he's a better player.
Speaker 1: He's a more efficient player than what he's shown John, And and look, I'm good with it if we can get by with Jason Tatum not playing his A game and get to the NBA Finals. But we know in the finals, we're gonna need to be on him to be on his best behavior in order for us to be one of the teams, either the mav or the Timberwolf. Because the thing that the difference is between the two teams Kyrie and Luca, they can go get your sixty to seventy between the two of them, and then you get PJ chipping in, and you get Tim Hardaway.
Speaker 2: He live to do. You never know what you're gonna get from him. And plus now you go and and Cat.
Speaker 1: They also even Jade McDaniels has been playing really well as of late. So they're gonna need they're gonna need Jason Tatum to build his best behavior.
Speaker 5: And so yeah, go ahead going into the next game, the third game, I mean from a coaching standpoint, a coach's decision. I'm not I'm not saying I'm a coach or I'm not really familiar with the game of basketball to that extent, But if I was a coach going as the Game three, I would have the entire offense run through Jason Tatum just to get him going, just to get that confidence. And I mean it should already be there obviously for just to get him going so a numbers can be where they should be.
Speaker 4: Or does it not work like that?
Speaker 1: Because I don't want to mess up everybody else, I'm gonna run my offense. He's gonna still get the same opportunity. He's still getting the opportunity. The thing is, O Joe is to make a mis league. The ball goes in or doesn't, and more time than not for Jason Tatum this year, the ball is going in more times than not. For whatever reason, he's struggling shooting the ball, especially from the perimeter. Now that's not to say he can't get it going, because when you're a great player, it could just flip like that and the next thing you know, he run a streak of thirty point games off with an and being an efficient at an efficient clip.
Speaker 2: But right now, I don't change up anything. This is what we do. We run. Look, they're very good ISO players. That's what they do. They can ISO jab can go one on one back, you down shoot over the top of you.
Speaker 1: We know what JT is. He's another guy. But they shoot you three a lot ojo. They swing the ball, they shoot the three big al get threes up. Derek White gets threes up.
Speaker 2: So do JT. So to JB.
Speaker 1: Preacher to come in off the bench. Howser comes in gunning. So that's what they are. Their team that likes to get up a lot of threes. Hopefully they make a lot of threes, put a lot of pressure on you, and when the threes a go, they can shoot you out the building. But when they don't, they continually take them and the team can blow them out of the building. So I don't think that's an earth shadowing news. But the Celtics look really good last tonight in a one twenty six one t Jalen Brown dropped forty points if the Celtics taking a two zero league. Now it's time for our first say with the night. It's called a.
Speaker 2: News cap news cave. JB.
Speaker 1: Bicker Staff is out as the Cleveland Cavaliers head coach, despite the franchise's first birth in the Eastern Conference semifinals in six seasons.
Speaker 2: Basically since Lebron left.
Speaker 1: The Calves dismissed their head coach JB. Bickerstaff this morning. Bicker Staff won ninety nine regular season games in the past two seasons, but the franchise hopes to land a coach that will take them take Cleveland even deeper into the Eastern co Conference. You look at his ten year od Lenny Wilkins has the most. He has three hundred and sixteen wins in seven seasons. Mike Brown has three hundred and five wins in six season. Bill Fitch, excuse me, had three hundred and four wins in nine seasons, Mike Purtello two forty eight and six, and JB. Vickers Staff had one hundred and seventy victories in five seasons.
Speaker 4: I'm confused, Okay, I'm confused. Okay, Okay.
Speaker 5: Your franchise had your first Eastern Conference Eastern Conference simmis in six seasons. So this to me, obviously this would be the best season that they've had since he's been there.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: Then you got to take injuries into account. The Big three Mobley Mitchell Allen only played twenty eight games together. Okay, So ownership, GM and those upstairs already know. Okay, if we got this far and we had injuries, why not running back again? But the same coach who got us to this point with the injuries as well? Why bringing an entirely different coach? Are you trying to pease someone else? Is there a certain player maybe by the name of Donovan Mitchell maybe that might not have gotten along with the coach. Are you trying to a pease him by bringing somebody new? Or are you really saying, you know what, let's scratch it, let's bring somebody else in new. And that's like I'm not saying I'm trying to use a comparison. Excuse me if I'm wrong, But that's like letting Mark Jackson go and bringing in mister Kerr to take over for a team that already has potential, especially when the Big three come back.
Speaker 2: But the question, am I off kilter here?
Speaker 1: You're not off kuilter, But the question is does the front office, does management, does ownership?
Speaker 2: Do they believe it's the same thing? You remember Tampa?
Speaker 1: They got Gruden out of, they got Tony dunj out of their Gruden comes in, where's the super Bowl? Mark Jackson, Lee, Steve Kirk comes in, they win the championship. It's hard to argue with the results. When you get the results that you wanted.
Speaker 5: You know what, when you have certain teams, right, and excuse me, Chad, y'all stay with me when I say this. Now, when you have certain teams and you have certain personnel, you have a certain set of players. You know, my grandma could have coached the goddamn Warriors and they would have win. They would have won the goddamn Championship. My grandma could have coached the goddamn Buccaneers when Gruden left and they would have won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: If that's the case, why didn't the coach went to have Kobe and Shaq went at the Lakers? If it's that easy, I know I did.
Speaker 5: I didn't say it's easy. I didn't say it's easy. But the players that you have makes it that much easier to get there. YEA coaches, coach, coaches coaches, but the players play, players get coaches fired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who won with Michael lin Scotti? Who won with Shaq and Kobe?
Speaker 2: Phil? So if that easy? So everybody should be able to do it, right, Ah, it's not.
Speaker 1: Sometimes sometimes it's a word here, or it's a scheme there. I mean, it's hard to say coach Dungee had those same players. I think the only thing he changed was the quarterback. Now, if coach Dungeon had had a Brad Johnson as a quarterback, could he have won? Maybe it's hard to say, because Oho, you know, from year to year we've seen teams right there at the NFC Championship get right there to the Super Bowl. Look at Philly, Philly within the Super Bowl brought down.
Speaker 2: To the same team back.
Speaker 4: M hm.
Speaker 2: You never know, you never know. It's a I think it's a gut for ownership.
Speaker 1: It's a gut feel that says, I think we need somebody to get us over the hump that can take us further than what we've gone.
Speaker 2: And you know, you make the decision.
Speaker 1: It's hard to argue with the decision that the Bus family made when they brought Phil in to coach Shaq and Kobe. It's hard to argue with the decision that they made when coach Gruden replaced coach Dungeon. It's hard to argue. And I know, look, I won't mark Jackson to get a job back.
Speaker 2: Help. Maybe he should go, he should go interview for the Lakers job. But it's hard to argue that.
Speaker 1: In a sist you're span go to State one four championships step with a two time league MVP, and one of those times he's the only unanimous MVP in NBA history. So with that being said, it's kind of hard when you get the results that you were hoping for all along.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I just I'm just I hate to say that. I'm trying to figure out how to conduct the words to make it make sense. But at times coaching does matter. I'm not saying that coaching does matter. When we have certain players that play together as a unit and instructured environment, they make a coaching job extremely easy where he doesn't have to do much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the biggest thing with coaches is that you have to man especially with basketball coaches, you have to men egos and your star players. You have to be able to however you mesh those, whether it's meditation, whether you say it's okay from that.
Speaker 2: But it's a lot it's a lot.
Speaker 1: More difficult to manage egos on an NBA than say, because you can have two great players, the likelihood of you having the equivalent of Patrick Mahomes at another position is not likely. What's the likely you have the equivalent of Patrick Mahomes at another position on the team, even if you even on the defensive.
Speaker 2: Side, it's not the same. So even if you say Aaron Donald and.
Speaker 1: Matthew Stafford are the same there on the opposite side, see basketball, were out there.
Speaker 2: At the exact same time. We need to be able to communicate.
Speaker 1: We need to whatever our differences are, we need to be able to sit that aside while we on the court do what we need to do. And then, hey, we saw that cartoon when the when the dog trying to kill each other. Hey, Sam, how you doing back? They punching the clock, see you tomorrow. But when they come back on the job, you're chasing each other again.
Speaker 2: And so you think.
Speaker 4: You think players have have calls within the team, that's real. Yes, on the same team.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh boy, they show keep that under wraps because I ain't really hurting. No, I ain't never heard no issues like that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, of course it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because when you get hold on, when you get too when you get two guys buying, well, it's my team, No, it's my team. Well I think I deserve I'm tired of being in the shadow. I want to move to the front.
Speaker 5: You know how you move to the front by your play. Do your play put you in front. You ain't got to do nothing else. There's no reason they're arguing with the person next to you.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 5: If you want to be the man, if it's your team, being in your team, it means it's when you show up night in, the night out.
Speaker 4: That's how you make it your team.
Speaker 5: How efficient you are, how good you are to your position, how easy and how better you make your teammates around you.
Speaker 2: It's well documented that shacking Kobe beefed.
Speaker 1: There's a reason why mister Buss got rially moved on from Shack and moved Kobe to the four. That's documented. I'm not breaking news. I'm not interrupting anybody's normally scheduled programming.
Speaker 2: You know that you've heard it.
Speaker 4: You know it.
Speaker 2: I know you didn't want to say it, but it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 2: And that's why.
Speaker 1: That's why, Because that's why Kareem and Kareem and Magic made it. Magic say Cap what you want. It was never a situation where I'm the best, so I need to be the front. No what you want, Cap, We can win more together when we can't apart.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, how can nobody have had that conversation with Kobe and Shack during that time? How many more?
Speaker 5: How many I'm curious how many more championships will they have have if Kobe and Shack stay together?
Speaker 1: Read it all depends. Everything is contingent on Shack and how serious he was gonna take it. His body is starting to take had started to break down a little bit. He had started a miss game during the season. That urt Kobe. You See, here's the thing. When you ain't great player, mediocrity and people not working as hard as you, it'll annoy you. And if you're mediocre and you're not working hard, greatness annoys you. Right, So there's two things that play here. That's why people are like, everybody couldn't play with Mike for Jordan, No, No, because Mike had a level. Mike had a standard. It's like Tom, You played.
Speaker 4: With Tom, you know how demanding he was, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: So imagine so he's demanding of fifty three. Imagine what it's like when it's twelve and y'all confine, y'all fly on the same little small play that's not a small plane, but it's a nice side flank. But you fly on this plane all the time. You sit there in meetings together all the time. You're right there on the bench together all the time. You know, when we are on the sideline on Joe defense on one bench, offense on the other beach offense standing on one side, defense standing on the other side. So and you know, you got wide receivers, got a meeting room, got a meeting room. Linebackers got a meeting room. D line old life quarterbacks, wide receivers were right there.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: And I know people in the chat like talking about, oh yeah Q Kobe and Kobe and Shack feuded. But as long as I played in the NFL, and I thinking about the team in general, I'm I'm I'm picturing my locker room year and the year out, and I'm trying to figure out. I can't think of it one instance. Now, maybe it's happening on other teams, maybe it's happened when you were playing, But everybody got along. There were no issues, especially personal issues. Everything was left at the door. It was it was left on the outside. So I'm like, god, damn, but what is that to argue about because I think about the game of basketball, it's only five motherfuckers on the court. And if it's five on the court, I'm sure that's everybody got the same end goal. Everybody had the same end goal. So how you can beef and but heads when everybody had the same.
Speaker 2: Way Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones. But he is, so he is.
Speaker 4: That's that's personal.
Speaker 2: That's personal. That's ego.
Speaker 4: Jerry is allowing ego to get in the way.
Speaker 2: That's ego with both.
Speaker 1: I'm willing to break this thing up to be number one, Tom and Coach Belichick.
Speaker 4: Why that's tough. It is, that's tough. That's that's that that listen.
Speaker 5: That's making it a lot more complicated than it should be when the end goal should be the end goal at at the end of the day, at the end of the day, Listen, we're gonna set our difference to the side, whatever it may be. If you have any issues with me, let's talk about it, communicate. But at the end of the day, that trophy, at the end of the day is we'll be playing.
Speaker 2: For That's it.
Speaker 1: It ain't that simple because because more time than not, people would whether whether would rather lose their way than win someone else's. That's why coaches say, I'm gonna do it. If I'm gonna go down, I'm gonna go down doing it my weight. When players says, if I'm gonna fail, I'm gonna they're doing it my way.
Speaker 2: You did things your way.
Speaker 1: Nobody could tell you, Oh Joe, I need you to eat regular, I need you to eat this, this kind of nutritional food. You did it your way, right, So why would it be different for anybody else?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but see that's that's that's a little different. I knew it worked for my k I knew it worked for my body work for them.
Speaker 4: I I don't like that comparison by nutrition. In my diety.
Speaker 2: It happens, man, it happened, and.
Speaker 1: Takes a specially Listen, you know what I wish this Kyrie that's playing alongside Luca had he been that and he grown, We grow, we mature. He's so at peace, he got kids, now, he has a wife. Now that Kyrie with Lebron and Cleveland, Oh they can win multiple championships. Oh they win two three, absolutely, absolutely unquestioned. Because the thing was he didn't want to be second. He didn't want to be below Lebron.
Speaker 4: Wait, they had the same thing too.
Speaker 2: The man traded him. They got he got traded after they went to the NBA Finals. Oh, Jo, come on that.
Speaker 4: I thought that was a money issue. To get this money. It was time for him to get paid.
Speaker 1: They could pay him more in Cleveland than they could in Boston because he was there. They can offer the fifth year. The team that you're with can always pay you more money than if you get traded because they can give you something another team can't, which is the fifth year.
Speaker 5: Hey, but I got I got a holler at Kyrie. He should have stayed no, no, But but he had to grow. He had to grow into this Kyrie. He had to mature into this Kyrie. Everybody grows and mature at different levels. There's some people you see there, like Kobe Cope was seventeen, automatically knew what he wanted and he took chart of that path.
Speaker 1: Some guys that take a little longer. Sometimes you know, you have to go out there and you bump your own head before you realize. I had a really good situation, And Kyrie's like, you know what, I had a really good situation. He's like, I got a great situation. Now I'm nothing to fumble this one. But that's Kyrie that's played right alongside Luca. He was sensational. Go back and look at him in the finals when they won in twenty sixteen. Go back and look at when they lost in twenty seventeen. Look at his numbers. Yep, people like surprise. I'm not surprised he's been doing this. Yeah, he's as skilled as we have. He's skilled beyond skill. He can shoot the three, he got the mid range, his handles, either hand can pat the Rocky has it on the string. You Finally he's gonna make ninety percent of his shots. But he had to grow into this man that we see today. Charles bark Charles Barker said the morales sucks as inside the NBA remains in limbo for t and Tuck is displeased with the situation, and he inside the NBA teammates find themselves in sweating whether or not the NBA will keep Turner Brothers Discovery parent company TNT as a partner, as it's down to the y media wized negotiations. These people I work with, they screw this thing up. Clearly, we don't have zero idea, what's going to happen? And I don't feel good. I'm not going to lie.
Speaker 5: I mean it shouldn't listen. Uh, this is a no brainer to me. I enjoy watching TNT. I enjoy Shack. I enjoy the banter between Shaq, Charles Kenny and Ernie.
Speaker 4: I enjoy it. That's golden with This is reminiscent for me.
Speaker 2: Chat. Y'all stay with me.
Speaker 5: When you watch Martin and you see the cast of Martin, Pam, Gina, Cole, Martin and Tommy Yees that you can't replace that. I don't care who you substitute and who you put in. You can't substitute the chemistry that they have Nightcap. There is no chem street like Uncleanocho. You can't substitute that. You can have others that have a Nightcap.
Speaker 2: You can.
Speaker 5: You can take me out and put somebody else. You could, you could, You could take you out and put somebody else. It just won't make sense, it won't fit. I don't understand what's going over at tn T.
Speaker 4: It's a great show.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question, don't Joe, what did what did Martin? Them? Come on? They came on Fox? Right?
Speaker 4: You know, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I'm not Let's just say we're gonna say I think it came on Fox.
Speaker 1: But let's just say, for the sake of argument, that came on Fox, and CB asked offered them more money Martin's production company more money to produce the show.
Speaker 2: Is he staying or going?
Speaker 4: Okay? Okay, he's going, Okay, Okay, now I understanding.
Speaker 1: Okay, if y'all want to stay to get there, say Chuck. If y'all want to stay together, stay together. But y'all ain't gonna have no basketball. Did you see what NBC paid, You see what ESPN is about to pay. It's about dollars. Now, if if if NBC wants to bring that on, if somebody else wants to take that on, Okay, I'm breaking it.
Speaker 4: Up, Okay, then okay, okay, that that that makes sense.
Speaker 5: So if NBC, whatever it is is going to is going to buy the rights, then I'm sure the whole group would be going. It would only make sense because you're not going to be able to replicate or replace.
Speaker 2: It, replicate it. That's NBC's call.
Speaker 4: But the higher up to NBC would would it would make sense like common sense? If if it's about business at the end of the day. And at the end of the day, it's all about dollars. It's all about dollars. You want to make a splash, you keep the golden nugget, you keep it together.
Speaker 2: That's the cash cow.
Speaker 1: No, the cash cow is the programming, which is the NBA games. That's the cash cow. There's a reason why it wasn't included in that package. Let's not forget Listen O Joe. So let me ask you a question. Do people turn in to watch the game to hear Troy and Joe Buck. Do they turn in to watch Romo and Nance or they turn in to watch Patrick Mahomes go against Joe Burrow And you could call the game and they still me And you can call the Dallas Cowboy game and they still gonna do thirty million, right, So and I get it.
Speaker 2: I love it. I think that's that's one of the best studio.
Speaker 1: Shows that's ever been put together because they play so well off of each other. Everybody has strengths and weaknesses, and everybody can play to the strength and stay away from the weaknesses.
Speaker 2: Chunk picks on, Chuck picks on, Shot Shot picks on.
Speaker 1: Chuck, and Kenny is in between, and the greatest traffic car that's ever been created. Kenny is Ernie excuse me, Ernie Johnson. So this works great together. I'm not saying they.
Speaker 2: I agree with you.
Speaker 1: I agree with you that somebody should take this show, and whoever has the right. I don't think it'll be ESPN, but NBC or Amazon or whomever else have the right, that should be the studio show.
Speaker 5: You know, it's funny when I think about it, is people are gonna tune in to watch the game, regardless, that was the package. People are gonna tune in and watch the game regardless. But you know what else they're gonna tune in the watch. They're gonna tune in the watch Chuck. Yes, oh, they definitely. They definitely tune in to watch that. Matter of fact, when it's halftime, people won't even get up from they god damn se just to see what the boys finna talk about. Because you never know what you're gonna get. That's what I like about it. That's what I like about Washington TNT show. You never know what you're gonna get. The feeling of the unknown and unexpected is why people watch and you can't get that anywhere else unless you're watching us.
Speaker 1: Look, unlook, Charles Barkley, everybody that gets in this space, like in the media, especially now, that looks like you and I, we ordaint to Charles Barkley because he's not journalistically trained. He didn't go to try to get this annunciation. He mispronounced words and he plays along with it.
Speaker 2: So we owe a huge debt of gratitude to Charles Barkley. Yeah. Look, look, the show is amazing.
Speaker 1: They're the reason why that studio show wins Emmy after Emmy. There's a reason why Chuck wins Emmy after Emmy. But at the end of the day, the NBA sold the rights to basketball. They don't sell the right to the studio shows. They sold the rights to.
Speaker 4: Yes, Yeah, and I got I got you that.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I just listen.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, I'm picturing myself in a position of power, as in a position of power to make that call. Obviously, maybe the person that it has the money that's sitting up top might not have the same view as I do, but it just to me, it just makes sense. Some things don't some things do Some things Ray Charles could even see and breaking them up. If there's a package where you just bought howvery much it was the show NBA Games on your platform, guess who might have come with me them?
Speaker 4: God damn folk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I understand. I understand what you get once they're on that TV.
Speaker 1: Oh, their studio show is unbelievable, and everybody tries to replicate it. But it's hard to replicate something that has that kind of chemistry. They've got such a big lead on everybody else. That's what makes them so great. It's kind of like what PTI did with Tony and Mike Welbond because there were colleagues at the Washington Post. They know each other, they play well off each other, and there's a reason why they've been going twenty plus years and it seems like just yesterday. It's hard to replicate chemistry. It's hard, yeah, and so you either have it or you don't. Some people can can can instantaneous, and some people it might take you a year or two to like fill somebody out. Now, obviously they had a better opportunity because they worked together.
Speaker 2: You know, we're working at the Washington Post.
Speaker 1: I mean people are like, well, you know, how well did you know what Joe, I said, I knew of it, and I said, you know, I interviewed him one time. I said, but we brought across each other. But it's not like we have the relationship that we have now, right, I said. But the thing that when I wanted to put something together, I said, I need somebody that doesn't take himself too serious, understands the game.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna have to in order for the show to grow. We just can't talk football. I knew we were gonna have to tell some stories.
Speaker 1: I just didn't know how we're gonna be able to get to the stories, to be able to tell, Yeah, there's stuff that happened in the locker room, and you can say, well, an, I remember this time when I was in the locker room and this happened, and I can say that, But we talk about so much more than just sports, and so I'm gonna need somebody that that can not can not take himself ferious, that can take a joke, that can joke, and he understands that at the end of the day, this is entertainment.
Speaker 2: That's what this is. This is entertainment.
Speaker 1: We're gonna try to be as knowledgeable as an informative as we possibly can.
Speaker 5: And I'm getting better better with my knowledge on basketball. I'm getting better, but I'm getting there. And here, hey, listen, they oh, they've been killing me today on Twitter. By boy, they've been killing me on to day on Twitter about the w NBA stuff. So, I mean, you and Gil had a conversation and brought up some stuff that I wasn't knowledge about.
Speaker 1: Bird and magic. Let let bird and magice. Let Caitlin Clark and Andreelies. Let them get so of the club, Let them get Look whatever you might think, Look whatever you might think.
Speaker 2: Of this new crop.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, more people started talking about the w NBA this year than at any point in time in the history of the w NBA. They're thinking about ESPN is thinking about doing possibly doing a studio show w NBA today, just like the NBA today, just like NFL line. So whatever you think of these young ladies, I'm just gonna sit back and I get it.
Speaker 2: It's hard. It's just nature. That's kind of what happened.
Speaker 1: You remember, Ohoe, when they went to a pay scale for the rookies because the bets got so upset that guys coming in that had never thrown an NFL football except on their pro date, was making just as much money. Sam Bradford became the highest player in the NFL as a rookie. Yeah, and the players like okay, which played right into the played right into the hands of the owners because guess what they said. You know what, guys, We thank you guys, because this will give us an opportunity to keep more veteran players because we don't have to play these rookies this large sum of money. We put them on the pay scale. Blah blah blah. What day they did to the band? So Joe telling people at home what they did to the bands?
Speaker 2: Cut them? Yeah, cut them? Yeah, yeah, they moved on without them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all bo band because they told you, oh, this is gonna allow us to keep more bets on the team. Where you go with hold on? You tell me the occupation? How were the occupations? You know that you say, you know, the most you can make is this amount of.
Speaker 4: Money, right, Ain't too many of them now? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I get, but I'm saying, had you had they said, okay, we're gonna keep veterans, and you know, oh, you know, God us in his tenth year, because sometimes you need veteran presence in the locker room, right.
Speaker 2: Everything.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you just can't quantify the importance of a voice. Everything can't be measured in play, right, Like what you deep provided for the heat, you couldn't quantify it, right. But he kept the locker room, he kept the heat culture. He made sure everybody understood why they were there and what they needed to do while they were there. Yeah, and so that's that's the thing that I'm just saying, Look, just be happy the mere fact that we're talking about the w NBA as much as we do. Yeah, we weren't gonna be talking. We weren't talking about no w NBA. Nobody was talking about w NBA.
Speaker 5: Listen, I mean listen. They were getting on me. They were cussing me out, and I'm like, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa time out, time out, time out?
Speaker 2: On Tuesday?
Speaker 4: Was it Tuesday Tuesday or Thursday?
Speaker 2: Thursday? Was my first game?
Speaker 5: That was my first experience, and it was awesome. Yes, so I chimed in on my personal experience. You and Gil are a little bit more knowledgeable about the w NBA and how the long it's been around and how the logistics of it works. I don't know that, so I didn't chime in. So somebody they were coming at me on Twitter saying, well, I'm complicit because I didn't engage in a conversation. I knew nothing about I didn't know anything about it. All I can talk about is, holy shit, mis Renee Montgomery invited me to a game in the adminsphere was awesome as opposed to what I've always heard on Twitter. I said, y'all lied to me on Twitter and told me the w NBA wasn't good and it wasn't exciting, and it was the opposite of what I experienced. That was it, And now now what's gonna happen now is I'm making my way. I'm going to Indiana game, which is not too far from Cincinnati. I'm going to a Chicago game. I'm gonna make my way to Vegas. I'm gonna start buying jerseys and wearing jerseys. So while I'm learning and getting better at learning, not just the NBA. Now, I'm finna actually integrate WNBA into it too. So we're gonna have w NBA nightcap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and we talk about it. We talk about Caitlin Clark. We talk about angelies. We've talked about Cameron Brink and Rikilla Jackson and Cardoza just came back.
Speaker 2: I think she just came back. You're dealing with a Shoda injury.
Speaker 1: But no matter what they think, people are talking more about the w NBA this year than they have of at any other point in.
Speaker 2: Time in the w n b a history. It's facts.
Speaker 1: Now. If you don't want to give this, you this young class, uh Clark and Reeves and these young girls. If y'all don't want to give them, okay, fine, but the windfall is going to come, and it's gonna be a large part because of those young ladies.
Speaker 2: And that's all.
Speaker 1: I don't care where the money coming from. I don't, right, I mean in the NFL. You do you think, uh you think Borough cares like man man? These games gonna be streamed on Netflix, these games on Amazon.
Speaker 2: It's straight the streaming platforms.
Speaker 4: All I know.
Speaker 1: Direct the positive here. I get that alert, go y. Not what I care about the reasons.
Speaker 2: Unimportant to me.
Speaker 5: It matter and listen you you've been You've been to w NBA game before. I have not listen the Atlanta Dream the Atlanta Dream and that atmosphere that had an opportunity.
Speaker 4: Listen, they said they set a precedent.
Speaker 5: So now when I travel and go to the other days w n B a game, I'm expecting the atmosphere to be like it was in Atlanta, because that ship was amazing. Not only that, the game was good. I don't want to pronounce her name wrong. She played for the Dallas Wings. But a comparison to me, man, she was out that she was at that bitch looking like Kyrie Irving. She was I don't know how to pronounce her last name in the right way. Yeap, Oh my goodness. Listen, but they got a young one. They got a is it Lisa See I'm bound.
Speaker 2: For the Dream? Great miss Great ms Gray was nice.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 5: Miss Aria Powells was nice. They got she played the five. I I can't remember what number you wore. She played the fire for the Dream. Oh my goodness, man out there looking like a chem Elijah one down in the block, Hey calling for the man stop playing. Then the crowd O j.
Speaker 2: O joe. See this is where you need to get messed up at. That's Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Go to a go to a Falcons game, it's crunk, just like that you go to you go to a w NBA game in Atlanta, it's trunk, just like that, go to the go to the soccer game, it is crump.
Speaker 2: Just like everybody gonna be crunk. Then you know how they do it in the a You.
Speaker 1: Okay, because who in the stand what they look like exactly exactly, and so you got to have it crunk that that thing with.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Daniel Jones wasn't happy about the Giants considering drafted a quarterback in round one. When asked about the club looking at the potential replacement, Johnes said, I mean it wasn't fired up about it. His injury history and the on field struggles for much of his five year career led the Giant, who picked number six over on the twenty twenty four draft, to take deep dives into rookie quarterbacks coming out. At the end of the day, they drafted play making wide receivers from elite neighbors. The reality is is that he's entering the make up break season despite just signing a four year, one hundred and sixty million dollar contract extension last offseason.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and that's exactly what it is. It's a make of the break a year. They paid to that money they lets say kwan walk. So now the onus of the team is on you. How far the team goes is on you. I'm not saying you're Patrick Mahomes, but you're going to have to be very Patrick mahomish this year. So when the pieces are missing and allowing other people to walk, you have to pick up You got to pick up that offensively.
Speaker 4: You have to pick it up. As a quarterback, yeah, you have to.
Speaker 5: And if they did bring a quarter back in, listen, Drew Locke gonna push you for that job.
Speaker 2: Now he should.
Speaker 4: Drew Locke is going to push you for that job.
Speaker 5: I don't care if they paid your three hundred million, because if you get to get if you if you start off on four or you start off on five, guests who.
Speaker 4: Finished check into the ball game? Yeah, luck guess who finish check into the ball game? Okay, and they get they get you got you got Malague, Neighbors, You got to use it.
Speaker 2: You got to use it.
Speaker 4: You bet you You're better using the best way you can.
Speaker 5: And I'm hoping mylie Neighbors comes in like a Jamar Chase or like a Justin Jefferson, where there is no learning curve. He hits the ground running right away because of it, because of the atmosphere he comes from, because of the environment he comes from. He should be ready to play. He should be ready to play right and it should be nothing to him.
Speaker 2: Look at the quarterbacks at each other about with throwing to those.
Speaker 4: Guys, jayde Dames, No Joe Burrow.
Speaker 1: Joe Burrow and first c first Cousins with throwing to with throwing to Justin Jefferson in Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right, that's right. Oh shit, Okay, I see what you're saying. Hey, but wait a minute.
Speaker 5: If there is a weakness in Daniel Jones, you know a superstar receiver can hide those weaknesses if you if you're that guy, you know that who thought he was that? If Malik Neighbors is what I think he is and what I've seen, he can hide those weaknesses.
Speaker 2: Well, he gonna have to play better. Oh, Joe, hes gonna have to play better than what I seen.
Speaker 1: Myleaku Neighbor was way Why to call that bet off because he's like, hold on, they ain't driving no quarterback man.
Speaker 2: I got Danny Nicholas throwing to me. Man, I'm out of the bed in the NFL.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't won't know it, hey, but listen from a receiver standpoint, I'm thinking about my mentality, mylik neighbors mentality is probably the same way.
Speaker 4: Just get the ball, and.
Speaker 2: Who would your quarterback before Carson?
Speaker 5: John Kittnam and I went crazy with John Kittennam what I went. I went dummy with Kidnap, you know, And I ain't care. Listen, the Sisters of the North could have been my quarterback. I'm finna get jiggy, I'm finna be open. Just put the ball and just put the ball in the vicinity. Just put it in the area.
Speaker 2: Bepen.
Speaker 1: Have you watched him play? Who you watched Danny? You watched him play Daniel Jones play?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a good dual threat quarterback. He's a good dude threat quarterback.
Speaker 2: I mean, you say, put it in your vicinity? You know, uh uh Noork is in the vicinity of the medalans. It's in jerk. You know what I'm saying. You say, put it in thecinity. Lord Manhattan is in the vicinity, right, Yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Know you know what I mean. Listen.
Speaker 5: I think when when certain quarterbacks that aren't elite, yeah, and you get special talent, elite talent receiver that have that factor, they raise your level of play and they make you look better than what you actually are.
Speaker 4: And I think that's what Malik Neighbors can be for Daniel Jones.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully Dolphins ave lied it a little better.
Speaker 1: But the thing is that really helps young quarter They're only a handful of quarterbacks that's come into the league. It didn't have a running game, a running back that could take some of that pressure off you, pressure off of me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, I mean we'll see. I think they signed they signed a running back. I don't I forget who they signed in free agency. So it's gonna be very interesting to see how this thing works out. You know, I know the Giants fan of getting very very frustrated with the quarterback play.
Speaker 2: And you know they had Eli and Eli.
Speaker 1: You know they Eli Eli was perfect for New York because nothing bothered him. It might have been bothered him all along, It might have drove him crazy, but you couldn't tell. You never know. He didn't show no emotions on the field, didn't show any motion on the sideline. Now, he he might have got home and yelled into his pillow. But all I've said is that when he's on the field, and then Daniel Jones is just is. I'm not saying that bothers him, but I just like, Look, I understand quarterbacks is like, but I love competition. They signed Devin Singletary okay in free agency, but you know, for the quarterback, you know, and people like with sure to make the play. Look, if he can't beat me out for the job, I don't give it. Damn how good he is. Yeah, if the guy can't beat the quarterback out for the job, he doesn't get to.
Speaker 2: Play, right. I like it.
Speaker 5: And listen, listen quarterbacks that get upset about players being drafted.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I enjoy competition.
Speaker 5: Now, if you're in your if you if you're in your thirties and your thirty something and they bringing somebody young, you already know how the business works. They're trying to they're trying to work your way out. They're gonna they're gonna work you out. It happens, though, it happens to everybody. But if I'm young, I'm you know, twenty twenty three, and you talk about drafting somebody. Oh that's fine, come on, yeah, bring bring that, bring.
Speaker 2: That in here.
Speaker 4: That's only gonna raise my level of play and make me work.
Speaker 1: It was like your college yo, yo. You know they're bringing the receivers every year. I say, well, he must be gonna play the ads because he ain't gonna never play. He ain't gonna ever see the fielding. See unless we got big, he ain't coming to here. Yeah, so hey, they draft ted, won't you.
Speaker 2: He could.
Speaker 1: He couldn't beat me out, not get hurt. I'm gonna make sure he's ready to play if I got hurt. But as far as coming in and beating me out for the job, oh no, that could never happen.
Speaker 2: Not on his best day.
Speaker 4: The volume