Speaker 1: Rich Man poor Man from Adam Carolla. It's one more thing Armstrong Andy, get to that in just a second. Now we are recording this podcast Wednesday morning, the tenth of June. Donald Trump just said, well, today's Wednesday, Wednesday in Iran. Donald Trump just said we are going to be hitting a ran very hard on Wednesday. Why would he say that? Why would he announce that before it happens?
Speaker 2: Final last ditch, come to the table play.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Okay, well, we'll have that on the next Armstrong in Getty show. I do not understand. So I came across this the other day. I don't think i'd ever heard it before. So Adam Corolla comedian now podcaster, and he's famous for being a conservative, so he's a funny guy conservative. It's interesting that him and Jimmy Kimmel were such buddies back in the day. They were young. Probably didn't talk politics much back then, and he's still friends. Jerry Seinfeld was on Corolla's podcast and said, your rich Man poor Man routine is one of the top five comedy bits of all time, and Adam Krohl said, wow, thanks for the compliment. He said, no, seriously, he said, I quote that to people more than any other comedy bit I've ever heard from Jerry Seinfeld, and I was unfamiliar with it and kind of grabbed clips of it. I'm just going to read you some of it. The concept is just pretty funny. I kind of feel bad about, you know, you hearing this material and kind of ruining it if you ever go see Adam Carolla. On the other hand, Adam Corolla urinated while we were interviewing him.
Speaker 2: So that's a good point.
Speaker 1: We had him on the air. He takes a weird break. There's a weird sound. We find out later. He talks out on his podcast and I was on with the two radio guys. I had to take a link, so I just took a link while.
Speaker 2: Time sank, and I got some on my shirt. As I recall, that's how much he cares about us. So I will tell you his comedy routine. But it's kind of a any concept. It's the idea that the very rich and the very poor share a lot of things. It's those of us in between that don't. Some examples wearing pajamas all day, the idle rich and the unemployed poor both never change out of them. Working class middle has to get up and put on clothes and go to work, always having your dog with you everywhere, which is pretty funny. No kleenex. Rich man has a monogrammed handkerchief, poor man uses his shirt sleeve. The rest of us use cleanexes. I thought this was really good. The very rich or the very poor do this eating unusual animals. Either it's a delicacy at five star restaurants or something you shot yourself or found on a road. Wow, a car that's rarely or never driven. Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 1: That's so good. Yeah, you got the car, you just have never got around to get it fixed because you're broke, or you I got the sixty two Porsch that you'd.
Speaker 2: Drive once a year, So nineteen forty five blue toa maker. It's got eleven original miles on it.
Speaker 1: Not knowing how much things cost, the rich don't care. The poor just don't pay any attention or buying a lot of stuff. So I thought this was a really good one. Are affected by minimum wage changes, that's true. The change of the minimum wage has had no effect on me since I was eighteen years old, other than burger prices. Yeah, but if you're super rich, you have the company you run and employees and all that. But and if you're poor and obviously making minimum wage. The super rich and the super Bowl both drive a brand of car that no longer exists, whether it's a classic Dusenberg like Jay Leno or a seventy four AMC Matador.
Speaker 2: Wow. Adam is one of the most amazing common nations of intelligent but not really like quote unquote educated that I've ever run into.
Speaker 1: Is absolutely brilliant. Neither the super rich into the super poor have ever eaten that out back steakhouse. I have, but they haven't spend Thanksgiving it a soup kitchen. That's pretty good. Rich like Floyd Mayweather or whoever helping out at a food kitchen, you know, and they show you on the Thanksgiving Day parade or something, or obviously the poor getting a meal on a first name basis with a judge. You're either rich and live in the same neighborhood, or you're poor and you're going to court all the time. Wow, that is so good, I know. That's why Seinfeld calls this one of his top five comedy routines He's ever heard. Use a ladder on wheels, either your mahogany one and your big library at your estate, or are you working at home depot helping customers getting stuff down off showf Wow. Used to live on a plantation. That's a pretty obvious one. This is my favorite one of all. I'll end with this one. Know the going rate for copper? Oh, that is so good trading shares and copper.
Speaker 2: Or yanking it out of bacon homes and street lamps.
Speaker 1: Ah, that is funny.
Speaker 2: Well done, Adam.
Speaker 1: Sorry Adam for stealing your comedy routine for which you made no money here. On the other hand, you urinated while you were while we were on the air.
Speaker 2: With this.
Speaker 1: You couldn't even hold your urine. He had the pee. What do you want out of them? It's not that old old my pee for us either, he wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Yes, Michael, something that rich people and poor people have in common, don't you think?
Speaker 1: Just go ahead and whiz by one of Adam's many entertaining books.
Speaker 2: There you go. Now we're even.
Speaker 1: Well. I guess that's it.