Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with all States Savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Is nobody gonna congratulate me? Is that really gonna happen? I expected not for you not congratulate me. But none of the producers, none of the guys in LA are gonna say anything my new chain. Oh, I mean, I know, they're not acting like they didn't notice it. What a flexer? I mean, look at the I mean, I mean the upgrade from the one that used to be here to this one. It can't be. We would tell them to zoom in, but they don't even need to. Yeah. I was with it when we got that in, trying to tell him, oh, don't you, dame Welcome in to episode nine of What's Right with Nick Wright, the podcast, the YouTube show, follow us, subscribe, rate, review, do all those things. Also, by the way, check Out just dropped the first installment of our special edition fifty Greatest Players of Last fifty Years, Episode one, which talks about the guys who were too old to make the list, the honorable mention guys and players fifty and forty nine Bernard King and Karl and Anthony. Those are all available right now on the YouTube feed on wherever you get your podcast. So check all of that out there. But today is a regular show, and as we always regularly do, we'd start with what we're not getting into today. So what did not make the show today is Deebo Samuels unfollowing the forty nine ers. I just don't care about these unfollowing Instagram stories, Luca's injury. It might show up in the show just a bit. And did Demanse actually learn what a green jacket is? Demonse? Right now, you, before we even get to anything, I will give you a thousand dollars cash right now if you can tell me who won the Masters yesterday. Oh crap, Oh, that's a loss for you. Buddy good thing. You don't do sports for a living now. So the answer to the question is Scotty Cheffler. Scottie Barnes plays small forward for the Raptors. He did not win the Masters this weekend. What are we talking about today?
Speaker 3: It looks like WoDES knew that Vogel was fired before Vogel did. Yep, Lebron gets another coach fired. Does this fix anything?
Speaker 2: Okay? First on that Lebron gets another coach fired. There have been five coaches that have been fired either while or right after coaching Lebron. James Paul Silas, who was blow five hundred except for when he got to coach Lebron. Mike Brown, who was blow five hundred except for when he got to coach Lebron and Lebron took him to a finals. David Blatt, who never coached in America before he coached Lebron and won't coach in America since then. Lebron took him to a finals. Luke Walton, who's terrible, was bad before Lebron got there, was bad with the Kings. And now Frank Vogel, who won fifty one percent of his games before he got to coach.
Speaker 3: Lebron and then one of the kind of crazy how bog gets fired when Lebron picked his teammates.
Speaker 2: Okay, feel like they should fire Lebron. Well, okay, what they should do is fire Rob Blinkett, the guy who actually picked the players and the GM. I agree with you there almost Listen. Does it fix anything? It doesn't fix a lot. But here's why Vogel had to go. You can't have the most disappointing year in the history of your franchise and not fire a bunch of people. That's first of all. Second of all, you look at this year's coach of the Year is probably gonna be Taylor Janet to Memphis, but other candidates are Manti Williams, Jason Kidd, and tylu What do those three guys all have in common? They are all people the Lakers could have hired to be their head coach, all people Lebron wanted them to hire after they got rid of Luke Walton, and yet they chose Frank Vogel. So those guys are clearly helping teams. Vogel. This Slakers team was a mess. I get all that, but they also had I think the second most blown double digit leads of any team in basketball. That's got to be partially on the coaching. But the point that you asked about, I don't even know if you were making it, But it's the more important point, which is the fact that this leaks while he's at the press conference, just shows another piece of evidence of how mismanaged and poorly run the Lakers are from top to bottom. That Woje's thumbs out this tweet and vogelast to answerport before anyone actually talks to him. That's just terrible management top to bottom within the Lakers. All Right, what's next?
Speaker 3: Joel Embiid won the scoring title. Yeah, he's the first center to win it in check. Yeah, so how big of a deal is this?
Speaker 2: All right? So I think it actually is a pretty big deal for a number of reasons. One is Embid. He's not only the first center to win it since Shack, but Embiid won it in the fewest minutes per game any scoring champ has ever had. So I've got the numbers in front of me. Thanks for our guy, Dustin. Embiid was thirty three point eight minutes per game. That the only player to average thirty four minutes per game when the scoring title was Steph Curry last year, the fewest minutes per game any big has ever averaged when the scoring title was Shack at thirty seven minutes per game. So you could argue that Embiid had in modern NBA history, was the most successful on a per minute basis scoring big we've seen fifty years. So I do think that's meaningful. I also think it's meaningful that Embiid was available for way more than the minimum required games because Lebron was going to win this thing, but you got to play.
Speaker 3: You've got a question, Yeah, should Lebron have gone for the scoring title to salvage one of his worst seasons ever?
Speaker 2: So that's actually an interesting question. I like that you kind of throw in your little Lebron and needle one of his worst seasons. Every day he just average thirty eight and six is terrible. Lebron. You're you're nineteen and the next most points anyone's ever averaged in year nineteen was fifteen and Lebron average thirty. However, this is one of those with the Lebron haters out there, the people that have Lebron James derangement syndrome, where it's a Calvin Ball thing where it's heads you lose, tails I win. No matter what Lebron did, they were going to kill him for. And if Lebron had played in the final two games, because you have to play fifty eight games to be able to win the scoring title, and then played fifty six, and if he had played in the final two games and scored thirty in each game, he'd have won the scoring title. People would have rushed him for that. You know that, and I know that. But what I am curious about is this, are the people who loudly and angrily argue that Lebron James was sacrificing wins, that Lebron James was putting his team in a bad position to it not doing what it took to win because he was so obsessed with the scoring title. Are those people going to come on television and apologize for being as dead ass wrong about anything that anyone's ever been about in sports. When Lebron had a chance to win the scoring title, but because his team was eliminated from playoff contention, he just didn't play. Yes, of course his ankle was hurt, but if they were in playoff contention, he would have played, and I had to listen for the last two months that Lebron cares more about the scoring title than about playoffs. And yet once playoffs were out of the question and the scoring title was still there to be had, Lebron set will those people apologize? No, of course they won't. All right, what's next? Okay?
Speaker 3: And bid winning the scoring titles certainly helps his MVP case. Yep, who gets your vote? And how does all this impact your top fifty list?
Speaker 2: Okay? So I had so the Top fifty list episode we just released. One of the honorable mentions just missed was Nikola Jokisch and I recorded that about a month ago. Jokic is going to win MVP. And if I'm being totally honest, even though I don't think he should have won last year and I don't think he should have win this year, it Nash shouldn't have won the two he won, but he's on the top fifty years. Jokic, when he wins this MVP is going to have a strong case that he has done enough, even though he's only had four great seasons, if two of them are MVP years, done enough that he should crack the top fifty. But the list was compiled beforehand, it would I'd have to kick Bernard King out of it. I don't love that. Indeed, even if he were to win, it does not crack the top fifty. And then there's Yannis, who could win it. I don't think he will. Yannis is already firmly in the top twenty, whether he wins it or not. I think for Yiannis at this point, it's more about what he does in the postseason, which he already has a Finals MVP. So yeah, it would matter. And I wish that I had this information before we started unveiling the list, but such is life. I started this thing two years ago. At some point, you got to unveil it now. Who would get my vote? I've made the case for the last couple of months for Luca. Luca's team ended with fifty two wins. Luca's team had the fifth best record in all of the NBA. He has no All Star teammates. But I'm not even so much so adamant that Luca has to win it. I just think it's a four person race Luka, jokicch Embiid and Giannis. I think, done to my head, I would go with Yannis. When it's this close, He's clearly the best defender of the four. Because Embiid's defense took a bit of a step back this year with his added workload on offense, I think he clearly is on the best team of the four. My vote, my ballot would have gone Giannis, Luca, Embiid, Jokic, with Devin Booker being five. All Right, what's next? Should look like?
Speaker 3: The Bucks take their final game to avoid Brooklyn in round one. Yep, Brooklyn, by the way, might get Ben Simmons back. I don't believe that, but sure are you okay with the defending champs taking for playoff position?
Speaker 2: So I'm okay with it under these circumstances, and then I'm going to fix the circumstances. The circumstances are the NBA doesn't want to do the obvious thing to remove all tanking for playoff position, which we'll get into in a moment, and because they are the defending champs, and because last year people forget two years ago. Giannis wins MVP, the Bucks play Miami, They go down three to zero to Miami and end up losing in five. Giannis doesn't even play Game five because he got hurt in Game four the very next year. Last season, the Bucks have the opportunity at the end of the year to avoid Miami in the first round. Instead, they go all out ensuring they get Miami in the first round, not trying to duck anybody. They end up sweeping Miami. They then up beating Brooklyn, beat Atlanta, then win four straight after palling two O to Phoenix. Win the title when you are already the champs and you went through a grueling one hundred game championship run the previous year, if you want to make your road as easy as possible, and as much as it was about potentially avoiding Brooklyn, it's also about getting Chicago Chicago that the last fifty games has been a sub five hundred team Chicago, which is as drawing dead as any sixth seed has ever been drawing coming into a postseason. I'm okay with the Bucks because they've proven they're not scared of anybody trying to make it so their road back to the finals is as quick and as easy as possible. I'm also okay with it because the NBA could fix it like this, but they refuse to. Once again, NBA I beg of you, especially with the play in now making it extra weird about a team being the seven of the eight seed that's way better better than the seven or eight seed. Typically would be allowing a team that gets hot or a team like the Clippers if they get Kwhi back the Clippers or six to one since they get Paul George. All of that, Let teams draft their playoff opponent. Phoenix has been the best team in the league by a mile all year. It is absolutely possible the Clippers lose their first play in game and then crush either the spurs of the Pelicans in the second playing game and a Clippers team that has been red hot since they got Paul George is your round one opponent. And then Memphis, which was not as good as the Clip as the Phoenix this year, gets the far easier Round one opponent in Minnesota. Like that absolutely could happen. Let the Suns pick their playoff opponent. What if another example, what if Kawhi they announced Kwhi's coming back. Then either it's a reward to play the Clippers, of course not. And in the East, the final day of the regular season was supposed to be awesome all thirty teams played. They staggered the games, so the games that matter would be happening simultaneously. But teams weren't trying to win. They were instead trying to lose. Except for in certain circumstances, it was a terrible day. There was almost no interesting basketball. And so if you were incentivized as far as you are going to get to pick whatever your favorite matchup is. So in the East, the Heat they get to pick whoever they want to play. And then the two seed Milwaukee would have been this advice to play for it, they didn't get to pick. Like, just let the one, two, and three seed draft their playoff opponents of the five through eight seeds and do it that way. That makes the regular season more important because teams clearly don't care so much about a homepoort advantage. They care more about who they're going to play. It's an easy fix. I don't know why they wouldn't do it. I know we technically don't have bonus time, but I want to get to bonus time anyway, because you have another question for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we now know some of the playoff matchups. Yeah, you said a few weeks ago you had the Buzz versus the MAVs and the finals. Yeah, did the way the bracket did, the way that the brackets fail change your opinion?
Speaker 2: All right? Nothing changed my opinion about the East. I think the Bucks win every series in five or less. I think they will sweep the Bulls. Then in round two, I think they will beat Boston in five, and in round three they're going to beat either Miami or Philly in five. I think the Bucks are going to cruise out West. I still am riding with the MAVs, but I wanted the MAVs to get the three seed to avoid Phoenix in round two. They got the four seeds, and I reserve the right to totally abandon that pick. If Luca is going to miss serious time, because the one thing that did happen on Sunday night was Luca tweaked this calf. As of recording, we don't have news on this, and I don't think we're really gonna have news on it for days. Anyway, Luke is out any amount of time, they are drawing dead to win any game without They don't have another top seventy, top sixty player on the ROSP. So if Luca, if the cavstrains are scary. If Lucas missed two weeks, they're dead. But if not, I think that they will annihilate Utah in round one. Play an epics series with Phoenix in round two where Luca is the best player. Ended up going to the NBA Finals. So I'm still going Fox over MAVs as my finals pick. Will be right back.
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Robliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, dun Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: I actually knew that the person that won the Master's name was Scotty. I thought it was risky that someone might feed you the answer plate.
Speaker 3: So like if I said Scotty, like that should count beam me Up Scotty.
Speaker 2: Maybe they have something to do with Nicki Minaj's album cover, Beam Me Up Scotty is from Star Trek.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean I just figured, you know, beat me Up Scotty, like Scotty's hitting the ball.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think. I don't think Nicki Minaj named her album anything to do with the number one golfer in the world, Scotty Scheffler.
Speaker 3: I could be wrong. Maybe she's a big golf fan. It honestly makes it's definitely from Star Trek. Now that I go and I look at the album cover, it's like futuristic, but it kind of it makes sense.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right, if you're ready, let's just get going before we get to this or that. Welcome back in. By the way, what's right with nick right? Podcast? What are we starting? This segment with my friends? Started with some Tom Brady.
Speaker 3: Okay, he was reportedly almost minority owner of the Dolphins. Yeah, he would have retired to play for them, but the Brian's Flora's lawsuit blew it up.
Speaker 2: Yep. So now what do you make of the entire Brady retirements? On it? All? Right? I now, thankfully it makes some sense. I am a guy that gets very frustrated when things don't make sense, and Brady's sham retirement never made a lick of sense. It's why I said, Okay, he was just fake retiring to get to San Francisco, and I was mostly right. I just had the coast wrong. It wasn't San Francisco, was Miami. He was fake retiring so he could get to the Dolphins. And then when the Flora's lawsuit happens and the Dolphins thing becomes untenable, then he says, Okay, I will come back to Tampa, but only under certain conditions, and it would appear one of those conditions was Bruce Arians being out as the head coach. And by the way, Bruce Arians it didn't interview this past I think it was Friday, and he was talking about guys getting credit. He was like, listen, when it comes to the offense, I get too more much credit. Tom gets way too much credit. Byron left, which he deserves the credit. So he's kind of getting Byron elect to which credit. But he's also kind of taking a shot at Tom. That relationship seemed to not be great, but now we get it. This entire retirement was always in often it was and by the way, I just I understand that at times people think, a nick you bring things back to Lebron too. Well, okay, that's probably a fair criticism, but it isn't fair to say that if there's any athlete, current active athlete in the world that should be judged by the same harsh goat esque standard as Lebron, it's Tom Brady. Is that fair? Okay? I'm just curious, guys, how do you think it would be covered if in two days Lebron James announces his retirement, If the day after he starts kind of himming and hawing but saying no, I want to spend time with Bryce and Bronni and Savannah in my family. And in six weeks he unretires and the next day the Lakers fire Polenka and they're like, no, it had nothing to do with it, just total coincidence. And then it came out that it was because he was trying to buy the Cavs and go play for them, but it fell apart, so it wasn't ut to you think it might be a subject of major ridicule and scorn for Lebron. Lebron got more criticism for sending out an April Fool's tweet that he was done for the year. Then Brady has gotten for a sham retirement, followed by coach fired power play, followed by it reportedly he was trying to get to Miami a different team, and I'm just curious how all of this lands with the Bucks. The Bucks were like, oh, yeah, we're all in it. Where Tommy's back when they find out his whole plan was to go buy another team so he could play for them, Like, it just feels like this should be a big story. Okay, all right, Speaking of the Flora's lawsuit, We're staying there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Speaking of the Flora's lawsuit, Steve Wilkes and Ray Horton joined the lawsuit against the NFL.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: They say the NFL set up sham interviews with minority candidates. The lawsuit was enough to blow up the Brady to Miami. Yeah, does all this prove the laws?
Speaker 2: Is je prove the loss? It is legit. We're gonna keep going that. I already believed the lawsuit because I think Brian Floor is a man of massive integrity and his story. Unlike Brady's retirement, the story always made sense, Like it's like, yep, did I think Dolphins were tanking? Yep? Do I think that teams regularly interview minority candidates when they have no intent of hiring them. Absolutely, And by the way, the other piece of news that came out was actually a news from a couple of years ago. Mike Malarkey a couple of years ago was on a podcast and was asked about opening question about the biggest regret of his coaching career, and he said, well, in twenty sixteen, I took part of a sham interview process. I knew I had the Titans job, but they hadn't complied with the Rooney rule, so they interviewed minority candidates that I knew weren't getting the job. That podcast was that two years ago. Nobody noticed it until right now. Now. That's part of the Floors lawsuits. I just think it is such a stinging indictment of some people that run NFL teams that they are so certain there is no possible chance that there might be a black or minority person qualified to run their team that, even when they know they have to spend the time, money, and energy required to do an interview they won't even do it in good faith. It's like, we we have to do this, but I know there's no chance that the end result is I actually think this person and should be able to run my team. So I would rather break the rules, waste their time, insult my own and their own dignity, rather than just go into it with like, hey, maybe this black guy is qualified for the job. It's so embarrassing for all parties involved. But yes, of course Flores's lawsuit has massive legitimacy, and I applaud Steve Wilkes and Ray Horton for putting their names to it, even though it probably drastically hurts their future NFL job prospects. Okay, let's try to have some fun before the end of the segment. Let's play a game. This game is called this for that demonse, what's the first one pick a breakout start of the playoffs? Yeah, Job or Tatum. So this one's tough because I think Jaw's better than Tatum. But I think Jaw's already broken out. I think Jaw is already considered other than Luca, the best young player in basketball. Tatum has a real opportunity if the Nets win to Tuesday night. If the Nets win Tuesday night, they're the sevenths. They are. And by the way, if the Nets don't win Tuesday night, Cyborg for our answer this Thursday night, you and I are going to Berkas because if they don't win Tuesday, assuming the Hall, if the Nets lose Tuesday and the Hawks win Thursday, then it's Nets Hawks winner goes is the eight seed. Loser goes home. And Trey Young has a chance to become an all time New York City sports buility. He shent the Knicks home last year and they had the f Tray Young chance. If he sends the next home this year, that would be an unbelievable sporting event to be at. So we'll go to that game if that happens. But let's assume the next win on Tuesday, then they're the seventh seed. They're playing the Celfies. I My answer is Tatum because Tatum has a chance to win a series against Apex Kevin Durant. That's a hell of a thing, man, Giannis did it like, who are who's are the last people to beat Apex Kevin Durant, A healthy Kevin Durant, No matter the teammates in a playoff series. Johannest did it right, he never lost a series when he was with Golden State healthy. So the Steph did it in twenty sixteen, and Lebron did it obviously in twenty twelve, and I think Duncan did it like those. I think is the list of guys over the last decade that have beaten a healthy Kevin Durant a playoff series. So my answers Tatum and I think Celtics would do it. Celtics are better coach, more death, better defense. I think Celtics would win that series. All right, what's next? Exciting? Tiger committed to the British Open? Yeah, you're over it? Or will pretend he can win? Yeah?
Speaker 3: By the way, Yeah, what color jacket do you win for winning the British Open.
Speaker 2: You don't win a jacket for winning the British Open. You win a green. You win the claret jug. The clart jug is that like a hydroflask, like a I don't know what a hyder flask is, buddy, but it it's a gorgeous silver jug with inscripted The names of the winners are inscripted on it. You don't it's you thought they want a different color jacket for each major. I mean I thought it might have been like like a blue one or something. No, it's not a blue one. The green jacket associated with the Masters, but I mean it's not. But you win a jug like that, it's a trophy. Okay, nothing, Let me show you a hydroplast Claire. I'm gonna show you what the cleric jug looks like, so you can jug. Okay, hold on, you tell me that's this is right? Here is in a gorgeous trophy. Let's let me show you this thing. Let me see if I'm zoom in on this sucker. Look at that. Yeah, it's nice, right, it's ancient. It's the oldest golf tournament in the world. They're playing at Saint Andrew's. Old Tom Morris do you know the two greatest golfers ever at one point were Old Tom Morris and young Tom Morris, father and son. That's true story playing St. Andrew's for one hundred and sixty years. That's why Tigers playing in it. If that is the answer is, it's not pretending he can win. He can win. Did Tiger have a rough weekend? He did? Did Tiger? You know shoot closer to eighty on both Saturday and Sunday. He did, But he made the weekend, didn't he? Did he do something Bryson de Shambo didn't do? Yeah? Sure did did Was he ever gonna catch Scotty Scheffler, who was just a man on a mission this week? No? So it's no pretending. I'm not pretending he can win. He can win. He's won at Saint Andrews before, maybe the most historically important golf course in the world. And I can't believe you thought for winning major championships it was always just a different color jacket. That. That's all the trophies in golf were jackets. All right, what's next? Hey man?
Speaker 3: CJ McCollums tweeted he wouldn't be playing much Sunday. Yeah, and fans shouldn't bet on him. Yeah, CJ is heroic or going to be in trouble.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't think he's going to be in trouble. He shouldn't be in trouble. He can't embrace gambling sports leagues. And then CJ McCollums a hero there, let me show you some of them. I was like, you know I'm in that that Uh well, how do I put it. Don't say the name of this chat, Okay, but I'm in a let's call it a consortium of like minded individual and we gamble together, okay, and we gamble. Just drawing one of these bricks. I had to pay off one of my master's bets. That's how I was going to win the forty k that for Tiger to win, I had to pay off that bet, but I also got to collect my winning bet about Tiger making the cut. Uh read read what I texted the group at let me see at two forty four yesterday. Just read the top of that this one right there. What does it say.
Speaker 3: If any of y'all have fan duel, don't know, you might be able.
Speaker 2: To draft kings or draft kits. That's what DraftKings.
Speaker 3: You might be able to hammer all the CJ unders for another ninety seconds or so.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I saw the CJ tweet right when he tweeted it, and I was like, Hey, I'm not in a position right now where I can bet it. All My money's tied up in other things. But I told him so Yeah, CJ McCollum, great job, buddy. So yeah, No, it's heroic and anybody By the way, I have no sympathy for gambling proprietors that are slow on the draw. I once one time in college, I'm gonna tell a quick story, and we're gonna go a little over time. We're already at zero. Sorry, we'll get in the last thing. I'm gona tell a quick story. This is not I don't know saturree to limitations. I feel like this passed. It's been almost twenty years. I'm not gonna look great in the story I'm tellry right now. But I had a bookie in college who I realized. I one time text him trying to bet the second half of a college basketball and he text me back like twenty minutes later, and he was like, uh, just saw this. You still want to bet? But he wasn't like even like paying attention. I was like, how could you let me make a bet on a second half bet when the second half is now halfway over and you're giving me the option? And I realized this bookie had a bad drinking problem, and almost every night he was out drinking. So I would bet second half college basketball games. Into the half, I would get a good line on it, get an angle and I and it paid for a lot of my junior year of college. He then surely that after stopped being a bookie, probably because he's a bad bookie. But the point is you have a bookies out there and betting proprietors. I had access to the CJ. We'll call them tweet So did you. That's on inside info. You got to be quick on the trigger there, all right, what's next?
Speaker 3: The USFL is using chips in football to measure first downs? Yeah, instead of chains. Yeah, the NFL should use it or stay.
Speaker 2: In the past. I think they should use it, and I'm I think it's an obviously good idea because there are some It's less about the chain measurement and more to me about sometimes you're watching the game and you just notice you're like, okay, well the referee screwed that up immediately, like he spotted that a yard short of the first down. I think it matters. My real question is I want to watch how this is done, because it's less about it's very easy to figure out exactly where the football is. We have to figure out exactly where the football is when the player is down. So how are they going to sync up the technology of Okay, the football right at this moment was right here. I want to see how they do it. If they can do it seamlessly, and I'm sure they've thought about this, then it's an obvious improvement and the NFL should go to it. We'll be right back, all right, Welcome back in final segment of today's show. Few quick reminders. One is, please like, rate, and subscribe, review on all your st podcast platforms and on YouTube. And check out our series that just started earlier this week, the fifty Greatest Players of the last fifty years in the NBA. That's going to be a weekly special edition series. We just released episode one of that, which has players fifty to forty nine. Spoiler alert it's Bernard King and Permelo Anthony. But we also discuss the rules of the list, the honorable mentions to the list. I throw in some Reggie Miller slander because he wasn't even an honorable mention of the honorable mentions. So all of that on the exact same feeds that you're seeing or listening to this on. But as we always do final segment, they don't tell me what we're talking about. Demanse and the producers do it together. Demanse, what are we doing?
Speaker 3: You came to me last night randomly simmy drunk, I think and drunk.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The words he send like.
Speaker 3: Explain things a little bit slower when you've had a few drinks, you know.
Speaker 2: But okay, accusing me of drinking on the work.
Speaker 3: And you demanded I remind you to discuss baseball headphones.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, thank you, good job, buddy. I forgot about that. Baseball headphones. So here's what I knew if you said that to me would spur this. Okay, so news came out this week after this terrible owner and league induced lockout, the commissioner in Major League Baseball, Rob Manfred, sent every player a pair of posts headphones. Okay, so let's do this math quickly. And you're gonna think this is gonna be hard math to do, but it's not. There's thirty teams, twenty five players a team. So what's thirty times twenty five? That's easy. What's three times twenty five is seventy five? Correct? Add the zero seven to fifty okay, seven hundred fifty total players. Let's say the headphones worth a thousand bucks each, which they're not, so then to be seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars. They're half that. They're five hundred bucks each at most of what's half of seven hundred thousand, three hundred and seven five thousand dollars. That's a good way to do quick math, America. You're welcome, so b it is a total at most the nicest most headphones, with the most expensive shipping and packaging all of it. It's three hundred and seventy five grand totally. Hey, sorry, we squeezed you out of you know, hundreds of millions of dollars at the negotiating table. And this the reason I want to talk about it is, and this is a lesson for everyone. There are times when giving a gift is more insulting than not giving anything at all, if the gift in and of itself is insulting. So you've got you were invited to a wedding and you didn't go, and you're like, ah, we should send a gift. Maybe, But if you're going to send the cheapest item that's left on their registry, you're going to send the Spatula six pack. Skip it entirely. There are I'll give you an example for me. I one time was I think far and away not I think I know the most valuable and important and profitable employee at the radio station in kans City. And one day I was working on my birthday. Boss calls me into his office. After he's like, hey, Nick, happy birthday. I'm like, oh, thanks, and he's like, hey, this is just you know, this is from the company. Thank you. It was like, oh, that's super nice of you guys. Wow. Thanks. I went home and I opened the envelope and it was twenty five dollars in credit to Dave and Busters. And I was like, okay, First of all, I know for a fact they're a sponsor, so you have a drawer full of these. Second of all, it's twenty five bucks. Man, give me not act like you forgot it, Like, don't give me twenty five Dave and Busters bucks as a birthday present? Open? Yeah, I did. I waited untill I got home. I'm like, oh, man, finally this hard work is paying off. They're finally respecting me around here. And it was twenty five Dave and Busters Bucks. It's like, okay, you know what does That's what Honestly, I was like, you know what, I'm out and if I'm a Major League Baseball player, and I had to worry about am I getting paid this year? And what they send me are headphones that undoubtedly Bo's gave them because they're a sponsor of the league. I think i'd rather have gotten that's today's