Speaker 1: The game in the night you were talking about how when you had some guys out that it was up to you to get people in the right place and sort of take charge of the situation. And Devo was out and you guys that were missing. Now that they've been out for practice all weekend, you've had these guys practicing in these spots. Is are you do you expect things to go smooth?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think you know, I've on their part. You know, those guys will be ready, you know, just with the reps that they've gotten going in with the operational stuff and uh yeah, as simple as that, they'll they'll be ready. And even if you know, Debo and Christian are going and stuff, you know, great for us, it'll be awesome. But if they're not, all the other guys been preparing great, you know, JP, Ray, Ray, Ronnie Bell, those guys. They look great. So we'll be ready to roll for whatever comes in week three.
Speaker 1: With the Giants, you saw plenty of ports from that to this team.
Speaker 3: Even more so, what what's your kind of impressions of.
Speaker 1: Maybe some of the stuff that they run and the way that they.
Speaker 3: Can challenge you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, obviously they love to you know, bring the whole house and all the zero looks that they got and then being able to bluff out of that and stuff.
Speaker 3: So they do a really good job with it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: You know on film it may look like, oh man, there's some space and stuff, but you know, they they do a good job with you know, bracketing stuff and and you sort of just anticipating what teams are going to try to do, and.
Speaker 3: So they're really well coached. They do it well.
Speaker 2: And then I think all the players are really smart and they know what they're what they're trying to do within the scheme. So for us, it's like, man, we gotta be ready for obviously having answers with zero and pressure and stuff, but you know, at the same time, like we just gotta be smart for myself.
Speaker 3: I gotta be smart with the ball.
Speaker 2: You know. That's what they're trying to do is pressure the quarterback, get the quarterback to make you know, some mistakes and stuff. So and they've done that within you know, the games that they've played, and they've done that to a lot of the quarterbacks, getting them to you know, some strip sacks and a lot kinds of stuff.
Speaker 3: So it's a good challenge for Miami. You talk from Miami last year, similar.
Speaker 2: Miami, Yeah, yeah, similar scheme for sure. It's slightly different, but you know comes from you know the floor as you know, thought process and stuff, and so we just last year going into that game, it's all right, gotta be ready for zero, but you know, they probably won't do it as much. And then once I got thrown in, they did it a lot. So I think it was a good experience for myself and then for all the other guys to be ready for those kinds of looks and looking for the ball quick and getting the ball out of my hands. But at the same time, you know, I could this is all a different game, you know, different players and stuff that we're going against. And like I said, these players like they they know the system and they'd look comfortable in it, and so they're smart and so not the same Miami wasn't Miami was, but it's a little different, just different players.
Speaker 1: Like for you, as far as how much that lost lingers, how much you just turn the page and move forward and and just your whatever excitement level as far as just getting.
Speaker 2: Back out there, yeah, I mean, yeah, it sucks initially for the first couple of days, especially when we had an extra day off, It's like, you feel the guys in the locker room wanted to go and practice and get ready to move on. And so our first day, first day of practice yesterday, guys were moving. It's like, man, it feels good. Let's go, let's move on, get ready for this next game. So it felt good in that regard. It's not like college, where you know you lose a game, and you know every game in college is so huge and crucial, and it is in the NFL, but like one game can determine, you know, your season in college. It feels like with this it's like, all right, we lost, but man, we have a lot to look forward to.
Speaker 3: We got to move on quickly. You know.
Speaker 2: We got a good team ahead of us. So spirit's been good and we just got to keep it going.
Speaker 3: Comes to you processing pretty and post staff.
Speaker 1: What's the different challenge between facing zone coverage.
Speaker 3: And man and man coverage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd say, you know a man and man coverage. As a quarterback, I think it's a little nicer just because you know where your answers are supposed to be. Zone coverage, it could be a little bit, you know, more of a tricky you know, just area just because you got a progression, you know, you got to move on from guys, and guys could be dropping underneath guys. Man, it's like, all right, you know, one guy's covering this guy and I have a chance when he breaks and knowing that no one is gonna undercut it or whatever. So that's the biggest difference. But you know, like this team is is good because you know they'll show a whole everyone coming and then they bluff out and it's like, man, I gotta know what side of the field they have to be on and and be right. Whereas any other game it's almost like, you know, you go through a whole progression. This game, it's like you gotta be on the right side, you know. So that's where we're at with it.
Speaker 1: More do they play more zone than you would expect for a team that's as.
Speaker 4: Much as they do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like, you know, their base defense for sure, But man, do they love you know, playing in that realm of bringing pressure and then hoping, you know, we get the quarterback or get guys to mess up and then you know, uh, force the ball to be turned over. So I feel like that's more of what they like to do. But at the same time, it doesn't we can't just go into a game saying they're going to do this, this or that. You know, they've had a week to prepare and switch things up, so you never know.
Speaker 4: So I'm sure.
Speaker 1: You guys went to Kittle a lot and you had a lot of success going to Kittle. This year he hasn't gotten as much action. Is it more product of what defenses are doing or the array of weapons that you guys have to choose from. Is there a reason that George is not as involved in.
Speaker 2: Your mind, man, I think you know, just the scheme of things, you know, that's sort of just how we've drawn things up.
Speaker 3: That's how really the games have gone.
Speaker 2: Where you know, other guys have popped open and stuff, and George's had helped out, you know, with protection, and you know, he's done such a good job of doing that role, you know, being in protection and checking out on the flat and stuff like that. And then when his opportunities come we take advantage of it. But man, that's just sort of just how how it's gone so far. We still have a whole you know, basically, second half of the season coming up, where it's like, man, George can definitely get involved.
Speaker 3: He can get involved at any one in the game.
Speaker 2: So that's just sort of how it's gone. It's not like we go into the game going, Georgie, You're not gonna get the ball. It's gonna be this, this and this guy. It's just you know how it's gone.
Speaker 3: You know. But obviously he's a threat.
Speaker 2: Everyone does like to scheme him up and try to stop George as best as possible.
Speaker 3: But that's how it's been.
Speaker 1: Years since he traded for Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 5: Today, in what ways has he changed the team dynamic?
Speaker 3: Made you feel even more confidence, especially for your quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been huge for us, you know, just having like a running back that can go out of the backfield and do all the things that a receiver can do. Run routes from the backfield, line up as a receiver and slot and do stuff on the outside. You know, he's he's a Swiss Army knife man. He does everything for us that we ask and he does it really well and he's smart. So obviously it's it's really nice to have him since we got him and stuff being able to you know, start to utilize the back out of the backfield and things like that. It's just another guy that the defense has to account for in the past game, so that's huge. And then obviously when he runs the ball and his toughness and everything, it's on another level.
Speaker 3: So very thankful to have him.
Speaker 5: When you went to Minnesota last year for the joint practices, proc come a long way since then, So what was your mindset going in there to prove to the coaches that you deserved a roster spot just to start with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was, you know, still more of a camp mindset. You know, yes, we're competing against the Vikings and all that, but man, I was just trying to do the little things right, make the right decisions, be consistent, you know, trying to earn the coaches and my and my teammates trusts.
Speaker 3: That's where I was at with that, you know.
Speaker 2: It was it was a good experience to go out there and play against some really good players on the Vikings. But you know, a year now later, it's like, all right, this is the regular season. This is a real football game, not just practices and whatnot. So you know that they got some good players I remember, you know, going against a couple of them in practice and whatnot. But this is different. So I think I'm at another point and obviously my career being a starter and all that not camp mode kind of mindset.
Speaker 3: So that's where we're at. We're trying to win.
Speaker 2: Straight.
Speaker 4: But when you before you became a Strugger last year, you would be in the offensive meetings and you would note like kind of the body language of guys who maybe didn't get much action in the previous game, and you've noted that no one was acting ticked off or that suggests like, hey, why did they get the ball? I mean, is it I guess hopefully we've got the story straight. But if so, was that just something you did naturally? Was it just something you were curious about or you talk about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I was just curious, you know, as a rookie, you know, I got all this, all these guys in a room with you know, just uh some stardom really, you know, George Kittle, Deebo, Samuel Brandon Nyuk and just you know, you go into a game and it's almost like, all right, George got you know a lot of receptions and touchdowns this game you know, how's DEBO gonna act or how's b A gonna act. So I would just sort of be like, this is crazy, you know, it's fascinating to me. So I sort of just looked at looked at guys, saw their body language, how they come into meetings, how they leave, and and how they were acting at practice and all kind of stuff. But like I said before, this team's on a on a mission. Man, they don't you know, Ba gets so happy when Deba is a great game. Deeba's such a great energy and attitude and Die goes crazy, and same with George and all the other guys and Christians. So like, man, it's a special group. Obviously we're trying to do the whole thing and you know, not just try to you know, rack up fantasy points anything like that. Like guys are wanting the best for other guys and win, So that's what all we care about. So they