Speaker 1: Welcome to Pod meets Tworld, a podcast from two guys who had never seen an episode of Dancing with the Stars but took it on and walked away experts. So now we turn to Traders, another show I've never seen, but Will is convinced that he could win. We are Will Fredell and Ryder Strong, two best friends, one a TV expert, one a TV skeptic, both dance scholars, join us as we step into a castle full of lies, alliances, and over the top wardrobe choices. This is Pod meets Tworld Trading Places. How's it going, Will.
Speaker 2: It's going well righter?
Speaker 1: How are you? I'm good? We are so deep into Traders because these three episodes drop right in a row. Yeah, I feel like I've already seen a whole season of a reality show.
Speaker 3: They suck in, They suck in, and it's a little especially after three, it's a little exhausting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's well, there's a lot of characters. I mean, I feel like, as much as we've already talked for two hours about the first two episodes, we still haven't covered Like we've mostly focused on four people right a whole.
Speaker 3: But I think that's normal with with with a lot of I think with a lot of reality shows. Well, I mean you watched Survivor. Is it the same kind of thing. Do you start with twenty some people and you go from there or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well Survivor has, like, you know, tribes, so there's a distinct sense of like, oh, well this there's three tribes to begin with you or two at least sometimes there's three, but you get a sense of those tribal personalities and whether they're succeeding or not together as a group. So it's more about like which group dynamic do you identify and I think is cool or interesting or whatever, Whereas in this case, you know, besides when they got on those boats in the first episode, there hasn't been really a reason to group together.
Speaker 3: It's really all for one and one. Yeah, no, it's not even one for all. It's just all for one, right, no, one for It's a solo.
Speaker 2: Thing, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But you do you finished three episodes of this and like, I didn't trust anything my wife was saying to me, I didn't trust my mail person.
Speaker 2: I just I was like, what do you mean by that? What does that mean?
Speaker 1: When you said the letters for me?
Speaker 2: Did you kill me?
Speaker 1: Did you?
Speaker 2: Did you? Actually?
Speaker 3: What does that mean? Sir and or madam? Yes, I don't trust anybody, don't trust them. No.
Speaker 1: I yeah, That's why I couldn't handle this. I would be like my wheels would be spinning in my head. I would have so much discomfort. I would just be like, get me out of here.
Speaker 3: So is this another one where if they called you and said we want you to be on Traders you say no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, Yeah, I mean way quicker than I mean. I would consider it way more than I would Dance with the Stars.
Speaker 3: What if, like Johnny, We're and Tara Lepinsky and I'm gonna let our audience decide which one of us is Johnny and which one of us is Tara? What about if they invited us both to go on together?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Yeah, I do. Would I would do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it's the fact that my personality would probably like I just I would stick out. I feel like I would either be way too.
Speaker 2: Quiet and like on my own and.
Speaker 1: Annoying to people in that regard, or just you know, like what's up with that guy? And I'd get voted off because I was being too shy and quiet or.
Speaker 2: The like switch would be flipped.
Speaker 1: In my brain and I'd be like, oh, I can beat this.
Speaker 2: I could.
Speaker 1: And then I would be way too aggressive and way too pretentious, and they would vote me out just for being obnoxious, and I would make it all about me, you know, like they I kind of yeah, yeah, I think I would. I think i'd be Michael Rapp, which maybe means I should start voting for him and really thinking like yeah, because I do kind of feel for him.
Speaker 2: I know he's messed it up.
Speaker 1: But he can't help himself.
Speaker 2: He can't just can't help He absolutely can't.
Speaker 3: And we know for a fact by this point that he's a faithful Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's just he's he's just very aggressive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a different style of playing the I'm gonna I'm gonna yell at you until you either vote me off or I win.
Speaker 2: That's just that's it. Yeah, very straight.
Speaker 1: So I'm actually really I'm I'm pretty damn good at poker, Okay, but it's because I don't have any strategy. I just never bluff wow, Okay, So I don't play until I have a really good hand and then I but everyone assumes I'm bluffing and so I c do you know what I mean? Like, it's a different It's just like I've just learned how to play, and I just never bluff. But if you assume that I might be bluffing because I bet big, I'm like, I'm all in and you're like, what how could you be all in when you only have? But I'm like reading the table and I'm like, no, that's I think I have the best hand. Of course, I do get burned every once in a while, but in general, I've done very well well by just sort of not bluffing because I just get so uncomfortable with the idea. I don't want to get caught in that position.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't play poker, but I'm pretty damn good at candy Crush, and I don't know if that would help me in any way in this game. No, no, but I can lie and I can play Candy Crush. I'd really just go to Scotland for the food because it looked like their spreads pretty great.
Speaker 1: See if we both got into this and you ended up being a trader and I trusted.
Speaker 2: You, ah, you would imagine that by the end I would be.
Speaker 1: Emotionally I would be in so much therapy. I'd be like, no, I will and I had a code, like there was a sense of we would have liked. I would be so devastated because.
Speaker 2: Where I just lied to you the whole time.
Speaker 1: Well, you'd have to write before through your job, and I would fall for it because I would just be like, I love you. You would never lie to me?
Speaker 2: What if could you lie to me?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: You know I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I just be like, Will, I'm totally a trader, Just please don't vote for me, and I won't kill you.
Speaker 3: And I'll be like, all right, that's fair, Yeah, exactly. But see that's a fair A line. I wonder I can say that. That's what I'm wondering.
Speaker 2: Can you do that, because that's a fair that's.
Speaker 1: A fair on camera? Like I am a trader?
Speaker 3: No, not that I know, except for when they have to ask. Like last season, one of them asked another one to join them as traders. So they came up and they said, I'm a trader, do you want to join me? And it's like if they said no, then I think they murdered. But so there's no way. Okay, So if you and I were on it, and you were a trader, right, there's no way.
Speaker 1: There's no benefit for me like you coming to me and saying, I'm a trader, but let's keep it secret and let's play the game because I can't win if you're still around.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: I also wouldn't be able to tell you who the other traders were where. It's like, let's vote. I mean, I guess I could have if the strategy is the trader or the trader. That's what I'm saying is you and I then just vote off all the rest of the traders, and then we get to the finals, and then we just agree to with the money.
Speaker 1: I mean, that totally goes against the rules of the game, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Isn't the game just to lie, cheat and steal until you win?
Speaker 1: This is bound to happen at some point, Why wouldn't it. This is why Terry Lipinsk and Johnny Weir are telling it. There you must be a rule that's if you're a trader, you can't reveal that to anybody faithful other faithful that there may be a rule, maybe because it'd be too good. Then there'd be like double crossings on double crosses. Do you know what I mean, but that wouldn't they love that show? They would love that as the show. Yeah, but if there really ruins the integrity of the game, like why this is You're still stabbing, You're still backstabbing and lying and cheating and stealing.
Speaker 3: We're just doing it with a different alliance, right, one faithful trader get together to take out everybody else.
Speaker 1: But then there's no way that faithful benefits in the end because.
Speaker 2: Unless you decide to split the money.
Speaker 3: Because at the end, if there's one trader left, that person gets all the money, all the money, all the money. So if you go in kind of saying, dude, we'll make it to the end, I win all the money.
Speaker 1: And give you after the fact, you'll just give me a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I give you a half.
Speaker 1: It seems like it should be illegal.
Speaker 3: It does, but I wonder if it is. I mean, that's the question, right. They might love it, I mean, because that's really it's great drama, great just where it's the trader forming his own alliance with a faithful that's a friend, a group of taking.
Speaker 1: Why isn't a trader do that with a group of like you could?
Speaker 2: You totally could, So.
Speaker 1: That's never happened where a trader's gone to Faithful and been like, hey, guys, I know who the other traders are. Let's boast them out.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I also wonder if you can just flat out, because if that's the case, if you are allowed to tell people, I wonder why nobody's been to the Roundtable and just been like just flat out live and like Michael told me he was a trader.
Speaker 2: He told me flat out he was a trader. So either believe him or believe me. But I'm telling you at breakfast it wasn't a slip. He told me flat out, I am a trader, and I'd love to start an alliance with you for us to take everybody out. Why couldn't you do that?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, there's got to be a rule about this.
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, I would.
Speaker 3: I would guess there would be too, because it'd be too easy to use it to your advantage.
Speaker 2: All right, but who knows?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Continuing into episode three, where we learn at the round Table that Rob c was was murdered Smart murdered in plain sight?
Speaker 2: Smart?
Speaker 1: Wait, this is it the round table that's a breakfast? None?
Speaker 2: Is that breakfast that we find?
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry, I said at the round table was at breakfast, rob c was murdered in plain sight. I love how Alan comming just like the rows there withs to the ground, some kind of quip and then it's like, looks like he's not a survivor. Now is this is this where the melted candle outfit made its appearance?
Speaker 3: Because the next I think or I don't know what it is, but it's just like a giant yellow It's like somebody it's brilliant. It's somebody took genius discussed, yes, amazing, disgusting, genius, brilliant. It's like they took a big bird suit and melted it down in all the plastic and then just made that an outfit.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, brilliant.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, yeah, so this is this is I wrote down big bird outfit.
Speaker 2: This is it?
Speaker 1: Man, he's he was. It was like, what's happening? And then in the next scene during the roundtable, I was looking at it. I was like, oh, it's like it's melted wax. It looked like vomit. Yeah, the literal vomit. Yes, miss great no, missp misstep. He did.
Speaker 2: What I said to Sue was like it just looks like he's wearing a melted candle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was no and there's no logic too, there was no like even I don't know.
Speaker 2: He's big in a yellow. He's wearing a lot of yellow this season.
Speaker 3: By the way, just going back to what we're talking about about you and I going on the show together, an interesting season would be having best friends on the show, like pairs.
Speaker 1: And you know, another thought I had, what about doing a show with just completely nobody's, like, just normal everyday people. Well, no, they're doing it in reality, they're doing that. Didn't you see the ads?
Speaker 3: No, oh no, there's ads in between here that are saying, we're you know, on NBC this year just regular people sign up or doing Traders with just regular people this year.
Speaker 1: That is brilliant. That makes me so happy.
Speaker 2: That's how they did it in the UK apparently.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's great because I think that the celebrity factor is definitely playing into this, yes, in a way that like changes the game, you know, or just makes it a very specific style of game. I would I think I would rather watch normal people. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yes, season one had celebs and normal and normal people. Okay, I think it shouldn't be a combo. No should either. Celebs are normally and I think they should continue with both because I want to be on one. But they also I think seeing normal people. And then you get people that are like game strategists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy was in the military, this woman did this, that she was an astronaut, like super smart. You get people like on Survivor who lie about their professions because they're like they'll be like lawyers, Like lawyers on Survivor never admit that they're lawyer. They're always like, I'm a plumber and really yeah, because they get targeted otherwise because if you were, like, I'm a game strategy, they would do like they happened in this Like so what people you could lie about that You could be like, oh, I'm you know, this person from the South and mehile, you're like a NASA scientist.
Speaker 3: Smart, No, you're the guy who invented the game secret Nazi exactly that guy, because you'd never admit that.
Speaker 1: So at this point in the episode, Rapaport was just going nuts on Jam Jam. This is where he started this whole trash talker thing. I'm like, dude, at breakfast, yes, at breakfast, Like there's no reason talking trash over question Jamjam is not giving it back. He's just kind of rolling his eyes, and I was like, dude, let it go.
Speaker 3: Man. He made Rapport look like even more of a douche by just not really engaging, and everybody else was like, god, dude, just shut up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those nuts all right?
Speaker 1: Then they went to uh some pow wows or well, well, first we had the roundtable, I guess, let me see.
Speaker 3: No, that's an at breakfast, he told them. Alan Cumming told them there was going to be a round table and a banishment.
Speaker 1: Right, and then thout the castle. And this is where Tiffany and Michael went into that secret room, which is the coolest thing.
Speaker 2: Does everybody know about this like this? It's been in other seasons as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The second room.
Speaker 1: Uh, and this is where Tiffany started to like really pop for me as a player, because she's doing this thing where she's going to keep Michael close.
Speaker 2: Trader yeah, which I mean it's kind of a.
Speaker 1: Good strategy maybe, but it also like makes her look bad because no one's liking him, right, so I feel like she's limiting her social options. She's you know, playing strategy, But I don't know, and then this is where Donna started. Everyone just started saying they were going to go for Donna, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, why come on, she's bat picking on her, She's not picking on Earth. It was necessary, and this is also when the producers knew, They absolutely knew she was going to go. So it was like, so you think they adjusted the one hundred percent absolutely one hundred percent, because if she was flying so under the radar, they would have kept the Secret Trader a secret for five episodes, six episodes.
Speaker 2: So to do it in the beginning of the episode three.
Speaker 1: I was so bummed, all right, So then we went to the roundtable, and you know, Donna tried to defend herself.
Speaker 2: She didn't.
Speaker 1: She just kept saying like, I'm I'm just tongue tied because I'm such a fan of all I'm a fan, right, Yeah, she was trying that and it wasn't really working. Yeah. I would say between her choices as the Secret Trader and this moment, she really did not play very well. I agree, I agree, unfortunately, but I mean she was picked for her, you know, identity, you know, for the fact that she would be the last person anyone would suspect and they clearly wanted to pick her right off the bat.
Speaker 2: So sweet too, she just seems so nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Michael and jam Jam went at it. My god, and then everyone but Michael voted for Donna and.
Speaker 3: This I was like, if you if you're a trader, clap your hands.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh god, if you stopped, Like, oh dude.
Speaker 1: But seriously, at this point, I was very upset with the show. I was like, yeah, well, I just thought it was like a bunch of celebrities picking on a more like a non like she's not a performative on camera personality. Everyone else is to some degree, and they're all like I just felt like they were pouncing on somebody because they could. And I was like, man, they're gonna get screwed. But I was so wrong. I was so wrong because she was a trader.
Speaker 2: So were you shocked when she was like a trader? Shocked? Absolutely shocked?
Speaker 1: Just I mean, man, I just I would have walked right into that trap. I would have been I would have been defending.
Speaker 2: Her, Donna. Let me tell you all the secrets I know.
Speaker 1: I would have probably lectured everybody about how obnoxious they're being, how ageous they're being I would have been the Donna defender.
Speaker 2: I had no instincts that she was.
Speaker 1: The trader, and I just felt like they were picking on her because she wasn't like a slick TV personality.
Speaker 3: No, I think it was Vanessa. What's the name of the woman you like from Survivor, Natalie Natalie. Natalie was the one who's.
Speaker 2: Like, you're you're a perfect, perfect, you know, secret trader.
Speaker 1: And she was saying that, and I was like, but that's not that's not fair, Like, don't hold that against her. But they were right.
Speaker 3: Was wearing the Seinfeld outfit, I think, or they literally make fun of that. It's like she's just wearing a Broada jacket, that's what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she likes showing a lot of skins, shows a lot of skin throught. Yeah, she's she's the Bruno open open everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But they were right again, it's yeah, no Donna.
Speaker 1: It was really uh really cool that they were right. I was way wrong. Donna's banished yep. And then they went to the mission which gets even cooler and more wicker man ish with cages yeah, and like carts with cages and then bringing them to the marsh and making them run around and find skulls.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is where I fell twice in love with Johnny Weir.
Speaker 1: With Johnny who just I My favorite was when Eric is like, you're an Olympic.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're an Olympic, like you, so you have to run the challenge? Was you had to run down?
Speaker 3: Well, we should say whoever's he says, first of all, you got a partner up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they don't want to be the odd man out right, And which is where Ron got screwed. And I agreed, unfair because I'm I'm like the only person who was Like Ron was defending Donna, which totally made sense in my mind. He was pointing out Porsche, which also totally made sense, and like, is everyone forgetting that most of them voted for Porsche too? So like Ron presenting the information that he had the evidence against Porschia doesn't make him more likely A trader doesn't make it, you know, I don't think.
Speaker 3: Like he was, Well, it depends so some what because what the traders want to do is they want to get all the faithfuls out right.
Speaker 2: So in this case, you're a trader.
Speaker 3: But if you're a trader, you could manufacture I heard her say this or this is the evidence I'm bringing.
Speaker 1: Then you get everyone to vote her out and then it's like, oh, so it's like he was on Donna's side. They're thinking, so she turned out to be a trader, right, because they don't know that she's a secret.
Speaker 2: Trader, right, they just know she's a trader.
Speaker 1: See. That's what's messing me up in my head because I'm like, if you know that she's the secret trader when she gets called out, the person who was defending her couldn't possibly also be a trader because they wouldn't know. But in this case, they're assuming because he defended her.
Speaker 3: Hmm, that's yeah, that's anybody. And it's like, wow, he really wanted to get her out here, and.
Speaker 2: It's like she's nice.
Speaker 3: Feel I feel for because I think he's a funny, nice guy, a funny nice guy.
Speaker 2: But it seems like anything that puts the spotlight on you.
Speaker 1: Is not a good thing, and just keep your mouth shut, yes, keep your mouth shut, yes, which is why I think Mark is.
Speaker 2: Doing very well, kind of flying under the radar so far. Kristin Gish, Yeah, Kristin Gish is the same way.
Speaker 3: So there's yeah, there's but then you so the challenge is you.
Speaker 2: Have to go down there.
Speaker 3: There's you decide which one of them is going to be in the cage, which one's going to stay out. And then once you're in there knowing what the challenge is, right, and then you find it out.
Speaker 1: But at this point you probably know it's something slightly physical, right, Yeah, they're all kind of physical, but.
Speaker 3: You also don't They're like, you got to decide how much you trust your partner and who gets in the cage and who doesn't get in the cage.
Speaker 1: Because the idea there is that if you if your partner wanted to screw you, they would just leave you in there.
Speaker 2: Well, think about it.
Speaker 3: If you're a trader and you partner up with somebody that you want to get out, it would be a great way to I can't find the skulls and now you're up for murder, and then you.
Speaker 2: Can put yourself.
Speaker 1: None of the traders did that.
Speaker 2: No, but you easily could have.
Speaker 3: That's why it's like, you better trust your partner because if I want to screw you over, I'm a trader and you're a faithful and I'm yelling from the swamp rider, I can't find the tenth good skull where meanwhile, I see it right over there. Now you're up for murder and then I can we can kill you off.
Speaker 1: Didn't come up, but that actually is a good reason to think that, like Johnny would be a trader exactly. Eric didn't actually bring it, like they nobody really brought that up.
Speaker 3: I think almost anybody else but Johnny they would have thought was a trader. I think Johnny they were just kind of like, he doesn't want to run around the marsh and.
Speaker 1: Grab He's sitting there and he's like, these challenges have been specifically hard for me. Uh one water two marsh, that's what they're called. Challenge is dumb ass. If it was easy, if it was like figure skating, yeah, go every Okay, well I really you know, I thought we would just be getting brunch and that would be our What are you talking about? It's gonna be it's a challenge, challenging this. Yes, I couldn't believe he said that. It was just like, you know, why are we just sitting on comfortable chairs and talk them all the time. It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: But I love that, dude, you're your Olympic yes athlete. It was truly.
Speaker 1: He showed up after ten minutes and had not even like, no, come on.
Speaker 3: About four minutes in you heard of me went off Kit. It was just like and then, so you got to find the skulls. You've got to bring them back.
Speaker 2: And then I was like, Okay, this isn't that hard. And then I saw them start to stack them, and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, it's really challenged.
Speaker 3: This could be really difficult because you've got to stack these things on top of each other.
Speaker 1: And they all had these different strategies. Like some people were like reverse, Who wasn't that just did a perfect like all the same direction.
Speaker 2: I forget it.
Speaker 1: But it was like, damn, I can't believe that worked.
Speaker 2: Was perfect.
Speaker 1: It was perfect.
Speaker 3: And so if you get out of the cage, you're fine. If you stuck, you're stuck in the cage, you're up for murder.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Colton was was flailing at this one too, and.
Speaker 3: He's just play yeah again, what's what's going on in a bachelor?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: My god, I love that.
Speaker 1: Carol. Caroline was like, what's going on? You can't do it was the wrong part.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but that's interesting.
Speaker 1: None of them people that were stuck in the cage brought up the thing that you brought up, which is very a really good point that you could be looking at your partner and saying, are they tanking this intentionally?
Speaker 2: That didn't coactly, that didn't come up, and think about this challenge. How easy that would be my brain.
Speaker 1: Doesn't I would be the one in the cage going like, oh, poor John didn't do it. I would never think they're a trader and they're screwing me intentionally, which you kind of have to think, like.
Speaker 4: Of course, and think about how easy it would be such a sucker to blow it because of course just trip or not even that I'm covering yourself in mud when nobody's looking, and come back about it.
Speaker 3: Not even that, think about Colton, I got all ten as fast as possible, and I still just go.
Speaker 2: Six in and I dropped it. I can get it, I can get it.
Speaker 1: But Carolin didn't even suspicion, like she never said anything. Nope.
Speaker 2: And that's the genius of playing as a trader. You run there, you get the skulls as fast as possible.
Speaker 3: Then you just can't stack them, like there's so many ways to screw your opponent, and then there's poor Ron just sitting there by himself who had no partner.
Speaker 1: But now Rob did help Mora. So he's a trader, yes, to throw off of somebody else like, obviously, I'm not a trader.
Speaker 2: We kicked a butt.
Speaker 1: See I'm so I'm so straightforward. I just thought everyone's just gonna play the game, like I never thought that you could tank a challenge.
Speaker 2: Sure, you get exactly what you have to do.
Speaker 3: Of course, My god, you're gonna be awesome about the new The new reality show trusts everybody exactly, which is it's just people hanging out.
Speaker 2: And money to people. Just take it. I don't want to have any problems. Just take my money.
Speaker 1: Oh do you want to beat me up? Okay? I trust you, Okay, I trust.
Speaker 2: So who do we have? And the pairs were what Derinda, Lisa.
Speaker 1: Mirenda and Lisa uh and Lisa did even though she's a trader, she was on the shortlist for murder.
Speaker 2: Yep, so she got stuck in her case.
Speaker 1: Derenda did nothing.
Speaker 3: Which as a trader is brilliant. You want to be in that cage?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 1: Yes, Natalie and Monette. Monette got Natalie out. Colton and Caroline Colton fumbled, like we said, Michael and Tiffany.
Speaker 3: Tiffany got Michael cage, and he also, I thought, got big brownie points by saying to her and everybody else heard it, do you want me to go in the cage. I'll go in the cage. I trust you. Like so it's like, okay, yeah, I'm a fath faithful. I'm a faithful, Yeah.
Speaker 1: A faithful I am right, Maura. But also, isn't that what you would do if you're a trader, because you know that even if they don't make it, you're not going to get murdered.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I mean it would depend.
Speaker 3: I think if if you were seriously fighting against your strength, like if, for instance, rob Arr was like, no, I'm going to go in the cage and Maura, you're going to run down there, grab the things and stack them physically, that wouldn't make as much sense as him running down there and doing all the physical stuff while she sits in the cage. She even said that she's like, does anything physical a tankish debt?
Speaker 2: And so it was like whatever it was, whatever it was, whatever she said.
Speaker 1: It's the tease that I love. Its thanks to you, du want.
Speaker 2: That's what she was saying the whole time, what d duunt uh?
Speaker 3: So yeah, but I mean it would it wouldn't have made as much sense for rob Ar to not be the one running around doing the physical stuff, where even she said, like you're doing everything physical, so yes, and then you.
Speaker 1: Goes against what Michael did. That's what I mean, like, because he is more.
Speaker 2: I guess it's true. To god, You're right, there's so.
Speaker 1: Many levels he actually if he was a trader, that's the perfect move to try and like be like, no, I'm willing to prove to you.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's true too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know. Tiffany's kind of, you know, getting played by Michael. I think she's just But.
Speaker 2: That's the thing that nobody's playing anybody. They're both. This game is so infuriating that you're like, am I playing him? Or is he playing me?
Speaker 1: Or at the end of the day, you're both in the same team.
Speaker 2: Rob and more Rob.
Speaker 1: Rob got Moura out of there. Yep. Candace and Tara, uh this one what happened here?
Speaker 3: Canad Candace was stuck in the can. Can got out, Candace got out right. Johnny couldn't even.
Speaker 1: Fire completely screwed Johnny literally couldn't even find the skulls.
Speaker 2: Mark and Christen.
Speaker 1: This was heartbreaking because Mark was so close, so close, didn't make it.
Speaker 3: Nope, they're my favorite pair by the way of just of people playing they're my They're the pair that I think I would have the most fun hanging out with in a social setting would be these two.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. I just think both very cool people.
Speaker 3: Yes, those are the people you want to drink wine with and hang out with at night. Are those two people in the castle that would be my that would be my team right there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, jam Jam and Steven jam Jam got out.
Speaker 2: Yep, So Jim Jim was the first one to get out, I think. And then and then.
Speaker 3: Didn't even stand a chance because he dared to point out actual evidence that he had, even though it turned out to be wrong, it was actual evidence. He's never going to speak again. He's never going to speak again exactly.
Speaker 1: So then after the challenge, they explain they're going to get tied to a tree and murdered face to face, face to face, which I didn't quite understand what that meant. Uh, And I still like, are they gonna because they're not going to get to see who the traders are unless they're murdered. Correct.
Speaker 3: I think once you're murdered, you pull off the mask and you go, I just murdered you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So brutal. It's so brutal, brutal yet fabulous.
Speaker 1: It's it's entertaining, for sure. It's a lot of twists and turns. Yes, all right. The traders got together in the turret and I was at this point, I was like, is she still is stuck in her cage? I guess they took her at the back of the hotel and then brought her out and then took everyone from the hotel to tie them to trees. Ye, my god, production on this so interesting, so interesting. We have no idea what was discussed, any predictions who they're going to murder.
Speaker 2: So wait, okay, so the people that are that are tied to the tree are.
Speaker 1: Lisa, who is not who is not who is a trader? So that's not gonna happen, right Eric, Ron obviously who else is left?
Speaker 3: Oh that's right, I remember, I think it's going to be.
Speaker 2: It's so tough.
Speaker 3: I think Kristen's safe. I don't think there's any reason to kill her. I think Ron now see, here's the other thing though, they could They could kill two birds with one stone here. Because Ron is on the short list for being vote, everyone wants to banish him. He's gonna there's a real good chance he's going to be banished, exactly. So kill somebody other than him and then banish him the next day and you get two people out.
Speaker 1: I have the exact same thought. Yeah, I would say it's a waste to kill Ro except the only thing well no, yeah, nose. I was going to say, if because a lot of Ron has a lot of enemies already. Yeah, no, no, they're going to vote Ron out, right, So so you throw somebody off, you throw everybody off by killing somebody of innocent and seemingly so has anybody because Eric, it's gotta be Eric, then right, it's gonna be maybe maybe it will be Kristin.
Speaker 2: Because it's such a it's just doesn't doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 1: Not really, I don't think so, right, Eric and Kristin would just be like oh.
Speaker 2: Shit, yeah, like why did they kill them?
Speaker 1: Right? But eliminates people.
Speaker 2: And then the next day you vote run out and you get two out right away.
Speaker 1: Right, Because if everyone assumes that Ron is a trader, then him surviving only further helps make him look like a trader.
Speaker 3: Right right right, Like you were in the cage by yourself, no one wanted to partner with you, and you're still here.
Speaker 2: You're a trader, dude, voting you out?
Speaker 3: And then the faithfuls are the traders, got two faithfuls out.
Speaker 2: Right back to back. Aw, that's the only movie. I agree. I agree. So poor Eric and Kristen are just going to be Eric or Kristen.
Speaker 1: And I think.
Speaker 3: I think it's going to be Oh god, then I think it's going to be Kristin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Kristen might be going.
Speaker 3: One thing we should talk about every episode is who do you think at this point is going to win the whole thing? Like, who do you think at this point You've got all your money down on somebody who right now for you, is going to win the show?
Speaker 2: Well, if it's.
Speaker 1: A trader, only one trader makes if there's a trader left correct, right?
Speaker 3: What if there's more than one trader kit, more than one trader make it to the end? Do they split the money?
Speaker 2: Yes? So yeah, they okay, so split the money.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think Cannas is gonna get caught. I think she's still playing to her even know they've been doing well. I think I think they got really lucky with the Donna thing, and I don't think that Cannas is actually going to be able to play it. Rob is doing really well.
Speaker 2: I think so too, but I think they're going to get him to really Yeah. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: My money right now is that Rob will actually make it the longest of the traders, and I can see the really good shot at winning. But if we're talking faithful's winning, I think the faithfuls at the end could be. I'm still believing. I'm a believer in Natalie. I believe she's not going to piss people off. I think Natalie and in a weird way. Yeah, yeah, I think going to Natalie and Colton have a really good show.
Speaker 2: And Colton's playing so well. I agree.
Speaker 1: And And how how many faithfuls are at the end? You always make the last season? Okay, yeah, there's a certain point they have to cut it off and say.
Speaker 3: And then and then the way they end it is all of the people there around a bonfire have to agree to end, meaning they have to be like I think everybody here right now is a.
Speaker 1: Faith is absolutely a faithful and.
Speaker 3: I believe it enough to where I'm going all in and we're going to split the money.
Speaker 1: WUK in a weird way. If Michael Rapperport doesn't annoy the crap at every everybody because he is so committed, and if he can convince people and they can just be able to separate personality from what he's actually saying, he has a good shot because he's so like, he's so like, no, man, I'm gonna do you know, He's like so passionate that if he can convince, like the way he's got Tiffany, you know, on his side, even though she doesn't actually believe it, I feel like he might have a shot because he's so erratic that the traders might not want the traders might want to keep him around, do you know what I mean for a while, because you kill him off, you lose your voice of like attention and people. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I also think, and here's a hot take, I think there's a chance that Derinda.
Speaker 2: Makes it to the end too this year.
Speaker 3: Hm.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I feel like some people like her and she's flying under the radar, and I feel like she's got a shot.
Speaker 1: All right, but I think we're both in agreement, Natalie and or Colton. For sure, I'm team Natalie, you got Colton? Okay, see how this plays out?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, that's it for this episode of Pod meets Twirled. Once again, alliances were tested, trust misplaced, and we're left with a cliffhanger. Join us next time as we continue our journey through season four of Traders, a show in which, as Shakespeare said in his Scottish play, fair is foul and
Speaker 2: Foul is fair