Speaker 1: It is victory Monday, October sixteenth.
Speaker 2: This is Jaguars Happy Hours. Jaguars Happy Hours presented by Jet Home Loans.
Speaker 3: And now I'm gonna apologize for this early a guy who.
Speaker 2: Reallyves it's so darned hot in New Orleans lately, because well there's just no breeze.
Speaker 4: Jay P.
Speaker 5: Checkridge not a great one there.
Speaker 6: Welcome in its Jaguars Happy Hour and the first hour is presented by Jet Home Loans. I'm JP Shadwick at the Hundai studios at the middle of Electric Center. We're on ten TENCXL, Jaguars dot Com and Jaguars YouTube.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 6: After a Jaguars victory thirty seven twenty over the Indianapolis Colts, the Jaguars sweep their division rivals and now control the division at four and too at least a game ahead of the Texans.
Speaker 5: The defense playing big again. Four takeaways.
Speaker 6: We're going to Trevor Lawrence knee injury update kind of from the head coach. We'll keep it real in the second hour, of course, and fanatics fan questions. Let's start today with head coach Doug Peterson this afternoon asked about the status of Trevor Lawrence and that left knee.
Speaker 4: I showed Trevor, you have talked for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that is that's out.
Speaker 4: Of my pretty well, are you strangling amidst or anything like that or bone bruis or what?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's out out of my jurisdiction.
Speaker 4: May not play Thursday day to day.
Speaker 5: There you have it.
Speaker 6: Uh, that was the laugh of Tony Boselli, who was sitting besides Paul jo.
Speaker 2: I can't help it. That was the greatest, greatest Doug Peterson answer ever.
Speaker 5: I've loved it out of my jurisdiction.
Speaker 2: I mean, that was beautiful. First of all, he handled it perfectly. I don't think he could have answered it better. My favorite is my favorite is you have to ask Fergie who who's the head trainer who will never have access to the media.
Speaker 5: That Missus prescottis today?
Speaker 4: Why doesn't he just answer the damn question? No you don't.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't answer either because it's Thursday night, short week. You answer only what you have to answer because guess what sansor got to figure it out. Why I'd give them any information earlier than you have to. I love it. I think it's awesome. I would have said I literally if I if I scripted myself, I could not say it better than Doug Peterson just did that.
Speaker 5: That was awesome.
Speaker 4: A lot of my jurisdiction. But I'm the head coach of the football team and I have to plan for a game on Thursday. But I don't know if my quarterback is going to be available to me. Are you kidding me? Give me a break. It's absurd. Did they was anybody in that room laughing? I didn't hear anybody laughing.
Speaker 2: Come on, I laughed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you laughed because it was you know how absurd? Well, how was it absurd? Pete? First of all, well, okay, just say he's day to day. He might get some work today. We don't know the extent of it. It is nothing major, because why if it's anything major, didn't they say later on, he's gonna get half the reps or something, or do some work today.
Speaker 5: Well guess what they said. They might split if they have to tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they might split the No, No, it's day to day, Pete. I know because as a former beat writer, you can't take that hat off for a second and appreciate how beautiful of a press conference answer that was.
Speaker 4: By the way, it's absurd. If anybody who knows anything about the league knows Tom knew if you had a hangnail, Yes, he knows. He knows exactly the extent of that injury.
Speaker 6: By the way, not long after that, Adam Schefter of ESPN tweeted an injury update. Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence has what a league source described as a knee sprain That is not a significant thing, but as uncertain. Whether Lawrence can play Thursday United New Orleans and the Jaguars would determine as the week progresses.
Speaker 5: The back up with CJ Beth that's tweet.
Speaker 4: It didn't look like it was anything bad. But here's what I'd say about that. Doug should worry less about what he says to the media in that situation and about the stupid play call in that situation.
Speaker 2: I think stupid is a little ball off to Okay, I mean, am I allowed to finish my sentence before you just yell? I never I never interrupted you.
Speaker 5: This is after a win, by the way, that this is happening. Just for the record, it's true.
Speaker 2: It's also team it's beautiful place franchise quarterback. I understand that, but I'm like yeah, running it up the middle, fine, running a bootleg? Fine?
Speaker 5: Like whatever?
Speaker 2: Like I mean okay, Like, would it have been my first choice?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Am I gonna kill Doug and press for doing it? No?
Speaker 4: Yes, Well, first of all, Albus time was left when he did.
Speaker 5: That, uh three minutes change? Like three?
Speaker 4: Hey, you could make the case he shouldn't be in the game.
Speaker 6: Come on, it's two score games, two store game.
Speaker 2: That's still you can get if you if you missed the field goal there, Okay, don't just think seriously.
Speaker 5: I mean, he had made two already, but he is.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you missed the field goal, they get good field position. They go score on kid, score again on?
Speaker 4: Did give me the play by play for that got twenty?
Speaker 2: It was like the twenty they were pretty deep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, honestly, I mean to your point, so.
Speaker 4: They'll get great field position if you missed the field goal.
Speaker 6: If they if they handed off kicked field goal, it's seventeen point game, right, which is what it turned out to be.
Speaker 5: After the field goal.
Speaker 4: That was an'd be two and a half minutes left in the game and the game's over.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and like if they drive three times and beat you without timeouts, then tip your hat and then get on your defensive coordinator.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's a bad call. There's no defending that call in any way, shape, form or fast. It's just a bad football call. It's a bad football this. Okay, it might be a little stupid, might be a little harsh. Brain dead is probably the better one when you just it's a bad it's a bad decision. You don't put your quarterback into any sort of peril in a game where you don't need to.
Speaker 6: They were a third and seven at the Nby sixteen yard line with three ten to play.
Speaker 4: Turning hand the ball and how many time outs?
Speaker 5: Actually it was third nine just for the record, but it was third and seven on the play by play, thank you wrong?
Speaker 4: And how many timeouts that Indy had left? One? Two.
Speaker 5: I don't know if they had any. I think I think they were done.
Speaker 4: It just gives it more credibility, Tony. I know you, and I know how you think ahead in situations. There's not a chance in hell you would not have turned and hand the ball off and then kicked your field going gone home.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to kill Doug impressed for that call.
Speaker 5: They were a hundred and Doug said today.
Speaker 6: He was again looking at it a day later, one hundred percent behind the decision that the quarterback we could have taken a shorter sack, He could have gone down earlier. He can just fall down, you know, and then live to fight another day.
Speaker 5: That was what he said.
Speaker 4: Or he could have just like been not involved in a play by handing the ball, often to one of the running backs, preferably the backup running back in that situation.
Speaker 2: You know two things that I'm gonna get off this topic because it's dumb. It's not the topic of the day. Well, okay, it's not dumb dumb from this standpoint. Pete thinks it's a bad call. I think it's a fine call. What I called it, I probably would handed it off. But whatever. Okay, So it is what it is. The big story is it will Trevor be healthy enough to play on Thursday night. That's the big story.
Speaker 4: And then it becomes an even bigger story to make the call if he can't.
Speaker 2: Pete the calls in the past, but but you can.
Speaker 4: We're here today, we're talking about the game today.
Speaker 2: And we've it's very clear your position of it being stupid, bring dead whatever.
Speaker 4: Other adjective.
Speaker 2: You want my position, My position is test you would agree with me. My position is I probably would have run it. I'm fine with the call.
Speaker 4: Though, Tony, do you think that was a good call.
Speaker 2: I'm fine. I'm fine with it. I'm fine with it. And so that's like when I say, you're right, JP, it's a it was not a dumb topic. It's something we had to address, but now it's dumb to continue it because we know where now the story is. Will he play?
Speaker 4: Then it becomes even bigger.
Speaker 5: It's a bigger story. It's certainly not a dumb story. Then I say this, he will play, and I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think there'll be any issue at all with that.
Speaker 4: Mee, I don't. I'm with you, Tony. I think you'll play. But again, you should have been put in that position. But Tony, you've been around knee injuries. You've had some. I know you had some when you had the private plane they sent you private plane for you up in witsconsin and had a knee injury back then. When you saw that, give me. Because you've been around a league a long time, you can usually gauge what did you think that was? What it didn't look like was anything major.
Speaker 2: When I saw it live, I thought he banged his knee on the turf, And then I saw it in slow motion. It doesn't really hit it. He kind of it's a slight twist, so I think he, I mean tweaked, maybe the m CL a little bit, just tweet I mean just maybe just sprained it over in general, like like especially as I get older, like you ever go like play. I remember I played pickleball like a year ago for the first time, and after like two days of like cutting back and forth, my knee was like swollen. I'm like, oh my gosh, pickleball.
Speaker 5: You're not supposed to move.
Speaker 4: There's no So what did did Sead send a limo to your house to take you to No?
Speaker 2: No, did that anything.
Speaker 5: I iced it.
Speaker 2: But my point is that's what it looked like. But now the human body is funny. I mean, you we have seen much more monocuous plays, and the injury must becomes much worse than anyone ever imagined.
Speaker 4: And he was kind of walking around like there's no problem with it. Here's here's spirits didn't seem like he was worried.
Speaker 2: Here's the most telling thing why he's gonna be fine, and why. Frankly, I think Doug's press conference was very telling because he was almost mocking the question, and I don't think he would have if it was something serious. And this is the other reason I don't think it's serious is because after the game, he was standing on the sidelines as they were taking a knee, no one around him, and then he proceeded to go walk out and high five and hug everyone for five minutes like every other player, and then he proceeded to do an interview with CBS. Then he proceeded to walk in casually into the locker room and go do his press conference like any other game. If it was something serious, he's doing none of that.
Speaker 4: I remember. I remember when Mark hurt his knee. They were like vigils all over town. Remember it was like.
Speaker 2: Well that was I think that was a little bit more serious, because there was.
Speaker 4: It was. It was. But but yeah, I'm with you, Tony, I don't I don't think it's serious. It didn't look like it was. He didn't act like it was. What I didn't understand was he said it was bruised after the game because.
Speaker 2: He went down weird. I can't and I want to see, like the TV copying slow mode, did his knee bang the turf? I don't remember when it was live. That's what it looked like like he went on hard on his knee and then he did.
Speaker 4: If he banged the knee and he bruised it, then that's not a big deal. But if you have just you have lick him a damage like or a sprain, you wouldn't have a bruise.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean you could twist it where you have a bone, a slight bone bruise on the tibia plateau. I've had that too.
Speaker 4: That he does hit it, I think you look at it right here, watch.
Speaker 2: I don't think it ever hits.
Speaker 5: I think it just that was just kind of a weird twist. And where's he running anyway?
Speaker 2: I don't know. He should throw the ball.
Speaker 4: That's my next bit running to the bench after they kicked the field goal.
Speaker 2: Which just goes to my next This offense only had two hundred and thirty three yards, Yes.
Speaker 5: Yow, they had a bunch of short fields.
Speaker 2: Now with that said, I will never talk bad about an offense that got the ball and turnovers and scored and had thirty seven points. So at the end of the day, they did their job. Forget about the yards yards are I'd rather have a lot of points and a few yards and a lot of yards and few points because I've been on the side where you have a bunch of yards and not very many points and that doesn't work out well. Two things I was I was thinking about watching the tape today and kind of thinking through where this offense is after six games.
Speaker 4: One is.
Speaker 2: My biggest issue with Trevor Lawrence. Biggest issue. He's too damn competitive at times. He tries to do too much. Sometimes you just got to say it's not there and either take a sack or throw it away. And that dude is so competitive he thinks he's in it. And I mean, and we were very fortunate early that game because he has a like a naked or something and it's a throwback he's trying to throw. He has pressure and he like just like lunges to the right with his head not even looking and just tries to sling it as he's getting hit to save the sack. And it almost was intercepted. It was like a yard short of a defensive end intercepting it. I goes uh quit he pay. And then we saw it in Buffalo where like he is trying after the bat snap, trying to find a way to get and almost fumbles it. And then another this where he got hurt. I'm not blaming him for getting hurt. The situational football plays over like they got it. They read it either throw it to the throw it into the crowd, throw it into the crowd, or fall outside the pocket or fall out. People always use like I think everyone would agree that Tom Brady was one of the most competitive people that ever played the game. Peyton Manning one of the most competitive people ever played the game. Go watch them play. When they knew it was over and they there's nowhere to go, they would fall down.
Speaker 4: You know, that's a good point that you make about the competitiveness, because I think the competitiveness sometimes shows up on his throws. And I'll give you an example yesterday, and you watch the tape, they had a third and three or third and four I think it was, and he tried to hit that sideline shot to Ridley. Yep, I think that's a play. He had Tank Bigsby in the middle of the field for what would have been a just check it down and he's gonna run for twelve yards in the first down. Now that's where the competitiveness because he could fit. That was an unreal throat to Ridley on the sideline.
Speaker 2: Oh, the dude is so talented. I mean, it is scary how talent he is.
Speaker 4: And so that's the little thing. That's the little thing, Tony take that check see And sometimes we've been critical of him earlier in the year where he's taken the checkdown and passed on the on the big throw. So somewhere in between is where he's gonna get to and then it's all gonna click.
Speaker 2: Well and Pete like, I'm less worried about him trying to make that throw to your point, I mean, there was an easy pick up first down to Tank. Okay, I can live with that. Where I get worried because it leads to mistakes is his competitive like trying to extend plays. And he's a franchise quarterback. He is a stud I love him, and I love the competitive nature he needs to learn in certain situations.
Speaker 5: Was there one in the end zone yesterday too? Like it was reminiscent of the home sneak, which, by the way, if Evan doesn't tip it.
Speaker 2: I think it's a touchdown.
Speaker 4: And that's the other thing they should do, like a reel of cutups of Josh Allen to show how you you you if you push it too far, you're gonna end up being it's gonna be a p for you.
Speaker 2: And so that's so that's my and if that's my big criticism of our quarterback, that's okay. I could live with that because he's a I mean, he is so fun to watch. The second thing, we'll talk about this more because I know we're up against it is they need to figure out who else can run the ball besides Etn. He leads the league in attempts and he's one of the main pass catchers too in this offense. And I worry about over seventeen games him being fresh ready to go for the stretch and for the playoffs, they're gonna have to figure out whether it's de Arnest Johnson or Tank Bisbee. Well, I want to talk about the running back position because we have one heck of a one here, but boy, he's carrying a big load right now.
Speaker 5: Tony will come back and we will do just that. Okay, we'll talk about the running back gameuries. He's expertise, well time, well execute. Thank you, thanks very competitive of you, very competitive, trying to make a play.
Speaker 2: Me and Trevor.
Speaker 6: Jags fans won customized Jag Warris furniture for your home. Check out zip cheer dot com and browse all customizable options Zip Chair furniture for fans.
Speaker 5: We are off and running.
Speaker 6: It's Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loans.
Speaker 5: I am disappointed in that.
Speaker 8: I feel like we kind of had some drives where we were had a little role in our in our offense. So I think that's obviously you never want that to happen. But it's also tough in that in that position, you know we can do a better job situationally, like we need first downs, we still need to move the ball, we need to get points. But when you got that big of a lead, you're you're trying to possess the ball, trying to keep it out of their hands, just trying. It's so you're playing. It's like a balancing act of you know, do you stay, how aggressive do you stay? All those things? And I think that's something where.
Speaker 4: We need to be better executing.
Speaker 5: We were really bad on first down in.
Speaker 8: The firth in the fourth quarter, so put us in second and long, and then they can kind of do whatever they want. They can they can drop out, play zone coverage that make you throw underneath, they can pressure you, puts you in a tougher position. So I think we've got to be better on first down in those situations. And then, you know, I'm never going to be too disappointed in a win, though it's hard to win this league, especially division games, and this is as a that's a good team. You know, they're two and one in the division coming into the day, so it's a big win for us.
Speaker 6: That's the quarterback, of course. Trevor Lawrence after the game yesterday at Jaguars win over the Indianapolis Colts, Welcome back. It's Jaguars Happy Hour on Victory Monday, presented by Jet Home Loans. In the first hour on ten ten Xcel Am, Jaguars dot Com, Jaguars YouTube JP Shadwick, Tony Buselli, Pete Prisco, We've gone through the quarterback part of the offense. There are ten other guys on the field as well, and a lot of them are banged up right now. Yesterday going into the game, Walker little. I was out of the game, did not play. Zay Jones was not available.
Speaker 2: And I don't think either of them will be available for Thursday night if I was a betting.
Speaker 5: Man, Okay, that's for entertainment purposes only, of course, and then well I don't gamble, but no, well that's illegal. So still in Bushwood. Yeah, and never slice, never sle.
Speaker 6: So I mean, they're banged up a little bit coming into the game, and then Sheriff gets hurt in the game with an ankle issue.
Speaker 2: What did Doug say anything about him today besides.
Speaker 5: Day to day, day to day. We're all day to day as for he didn't say that. That was only about the quarterback.
Speaker 6: So they're dinged up a little bit anyway, going in on offense. I know you wanted to talk a little bit about the running game, but it starts up front, right. You got a lot of moving parts up there, guys.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, to be clear, the running game, and I want to let's start there because I think this is it kind of goes in line with your injury questions and being beat up more than anything. And Travis is healthy, which is great, yeah, and playing I mean, gosh.
Speaker 5: He's good.
Speaker 2: He is so good.
Speaker 5: One hundred and thirteen carries, leads the league.
Speaker 2: He's let me just start. And I know, Pete and I when he was drafted, said why would you draft running back in the first round? And blah blah blah, and not that I'm four drafting running backs early, but set that aside. He is now one of the most important players on this team and one of the best players in this team. And I did not see this based on the first training camp. Obviously, got hurt his in his rookie year and had a great year last year. He's better this year. I mean he is. He is the exact back that you that you have talked about for years in this in this era of the NFL. Space back, speed, catch the ball, the backfield. I mean he is. He's dynamic when he gets the ball in his hands.
Speaker 4: You know, Tony, I'd love to talk running backs, but that's out of my jurisdiction. It's pretty good, no, Look, you know, I love the airback. That's what I call him, the airback, the spaceback, the airback. And and he you know what. The other thing too. Somebody said to me the other day, he's not that big, but he's big from the waist down. He's big in terms of his legs or he can get you know, he's.
Speaker 2: Tough, he runs tough, he's physical.
Speaker 4: And here's one thing I'll want to say, Okay, I'm giving Doug crap. I want to give Doug and Press some credit. I don't like taking a quarterback and sticking him to the side. You know that. That's it's It bothers me a great deal. The design of that play was fantastic, okay, because they had the action going to the left as if that was going to be a run to the left, and then they pulled guys and came late. The offensive lineman got out and led him through the thing. I thought the design of all the action, all the action was going that way, and they brought him back to you look at it, it's all going that way. Then the loop, the loops, the tight end back around Ingram gets the center out and off he goes. The design of that play was fantastic. So you know, I don't like the quarterback lining up left in the wide receiver position. I never do, no matter who it is. But I give him a plus for the design of that well.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a great timing too, because it was sudden change, and so I think they caught the Colts by surprise. I mean, they haven't done any wildcat all year. They come out sudden change and they pop this until I thought it was huge. But my bigger, my biggest concern is not that we have a great running back. That's a good problem to have. I mean, and we have a great running back. We have a bell cow. We have a guy that like you better game plan for Travis Etn because he is that type of player. I worry about the number of carrot touches because he has one hundred and thirteen or eighteen one thirteen. How many catches does he have? He's got twenty something catches. It's it is, I got it right here.
Speaker 9: In.
Speaker 6: Twenty one catches. It's fourth on the team. So twenty one catches, so twenty four targets. By the way, twenty one catches.
Speaker 2: So that's one thirty four, right, one hundred and thirty four, and they've played six games. So that's uh, one thirty four divided by six people, that's twenty two. If times that by seventeen, that's three hundred and seventy nine, three hundred and eighty if you round up, because three seventy nine point six six three hundred and eighty touches on the year, that is a ton.
Speaker 4: And it used to be oh, well that's fine, but not anymore.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's too many. Especially, I mean, like you need this guy down the stretch and he's not built like Derrick Henry. I mean, I agree with.
Speaker 4: You drafted one in the third round. You should be able to get some.
Speaker 2: Well that's my point. They have to get either Tank Bigsby or de Ernest Johnson going, and they have to be able to trust him enough to get those guys carries to take some of the load off of ETN.
Speaker 4: What was his carry yesterday? He how many Biggsby get yesterday?
Speaker 5: Bigsby had three carries for two yards yesterday ETN eighteen for fifty five a lot of that though the bulk of the yardage was in the first half. They were sure.
Speaker 4: There was another there was another to what was that one?
Speaker 2: De Ernest Johnson?
Speaker 4: That was that one? I think there was nobody there when he took the But but yeah, it's not a great day. They have to get those guys, have to get more work.
Speaker 2: They got to get more work because I mean, you want etiana his best down the stretch because he's such an important part of this team and you want him to be able to when when the games matter, which they matter now, but like December, you're trying to win a division, trying to get a home field, you know, a playoff game, everything else like that, and then you get into the playoffs and then you want everyone rolling. I mean, that's where you give him thirty five touches a game, and you need it. You need in games like and like here's like a perfect example. You had a big lead going into half and coming out of half and that game was really never in question if you I mean in the second half that those are the situations I would have liked to see and dug and press say, okay, let's limit Etn's touches the second half. Let's like we have a freebie here, we have a Thursday night game coming up. Let's rest them. Let's run Tank and the earnest and get them a bunch of touches.
Speaker 4: Well, when he played before he was sacked, he got a touch to play before Trevor Larns was sacked and got hurt, Etn got the touch before that.
Speaker 2: That's my point. I would not have had him in there in the second album.
Speaker 4: Neither one of them should have been in there, and that's.
Speaker 2: No but Pete, I would even have limited it more. And I don't know how many touches yet in the second half.
Speaker 6: As a team, they had twelve rushes in the second half.
Speaker 4: Let me correct myself. They had the ball at the nineteen, they went ETN for seven, penalty for the false start, then ETN for one, then the sack for the injury. Neither one of them should have been in the game at that spot.
Speaker 5: ETN in the second half had seven carries for three yards.
Speaker 2: And how many catches do you know?
Speaker 6: ETN in the first half did not have any catches in the second half and for the game.
Speaker 5: He had three.
Speaker 2: So that's ten touches in the second half. I could argue that he having two to three would have been plenty. Like I don't think that game is any different based on he only had three yards rushing. Anyways, is if you go run, Dearness, you are you have a three possession lead. Go run, Dearness, go run Tank. Be good for Tank to get reps. I mean, I'm being hyper critical here, no doubt about it. But it's more looking at.
Speaker 4: The long view. Yeah, look at the big picture.
Speaker 2: Travis is getting a bunch of touches right now. How do you limit those because in big moments, you're gonna need him against the Sayings. It's a good defense. It's a good football team, not great offensively, but good defense, so you're gonna need him. Steelers another great defense. You know that's gonna be physical. And then you got to buy. Then you have the forty nine Ers, the most maybe the most physical team in the NFL, so you have like, you have three physical games coming up now. Buy is built in there. That's nice and you gotta and you.
Speaker 4: Kind of get the mini by after this.
Speaker 2: Week, right absolutely. But my whole point is, you have a running back who is a stud and I think you and he's leading the NFL and attempts and my guess is probably one of the top guys on total touches as well. So how do you You have to find moments during the season where either you have a big lead and you limit or like the game's over whatever. But you got to find those times and I think Tank and the earnest are gonna have to step up and get more carries.
Speaker 4: I would agree. I agree with you they want I mean, you drafted one of those guys in the third round with the idea he's going to help take some of those carries away. And and I think the ernest has showed a little pop when he goes into the game. So I mean, yeah, but they shouldn't. They should get ten to twelve thirteen touches between the two of them.
Speaker 2: Well, it depends on the flow of the game too, Peter g Yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, like yesterday they weren't getting them, but normally they should.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yesterday, give them ten total and take the second half the second half, like, give them majority of the touches the second.
Speaker 5: Half, putting ahead. We got to get into defense. They had a day yesterday, a.
Speaker 2: Great day, and we probably should spend because I kind of waylaid the segment of talking about the injuries because that's gonna be a big story Thursday.
Speaker 5: We've got a lot of time to get to that.
Speaker 2: We had a lot of stuff to cover.
Speaker 5: JP.
Speaker 6: There's a lot happening for this four and two football team. First place in the AFC South. We'll get to the division rankings, and yeah, the Power rankings the all important AFC South Power.
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you who's one. It's the team with the best record.
Speaker 5: That's not a great tease.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling you.
Speaker 6: Sign up your furry friend for the Jaguars Official Four Legged Fan Club for Pets, presented by Forever Vets Animal Hospital. Your petwal receive access to exclusive merchandise, events and sweepstakes throughout the twenty twenty three season. Visit Jaguars dot com Slash Promotions Slash four Legged Fan Club to sign up today. And it's Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loans.
Speaker 4: That's our identity.
Speaker 3: Everybody comes from a turnover background. When you look at guys college careers and stuff.
Speaker 5: We got guys that.
Speaker 3: Fly around your foyer, Devin and they said they both got turnover background.
Speaker 5: So that's who we are.
Speaker 3: And then so Joshy and it started in their two ps and of Pockey's worried about that, Andy throws balls up that we could end us up.
Speaker 6: Andre Cisco one of four takeaways to the Jaguars defense yesterday and welcome back. It's Jaguars Happy Hour JP. Shadrick, Pete Prisco, Tony Boselli were at the Hyundai studios at the middle of Electric Center. Tony and I are Pete Stefani, South Florida. We're on ten to nextl am Jaguars dot Com Jaguars YouTube. That's Andre Cisco part of a defense now well, that leaves the league in takeaways fifteen of them for the season, eight interceptions, seven fumble recoveries. The Jets and the Bills are tied per second, and then three other teams are tied for fourth with eleven. Jets and Bills each have thirteen takeaways. So the Jaguars are getting it done in the takeaway game. And then a lot of big reason why, Pete, is they're third in the league against the run, and then that sets up throwing the football, and they've been fortunate enough and playing well enough to get their hands on some footballs this year in the back end and then force some takeaways on the fumbles as well.
Speaker 4: They've overachieved. I think if you look at it in the big picture, and we talked a little bit about what Mike Colboll has done a nice job with that group, but what are they fifteenth in scoring defense, which, again, before the season, if we said they could get to ten remember that Tony, they get to the ten to twelve range, that they'd have a legitimate chance to even win the whole thing. So I think they've done a great job. I'll be honest with you, I'm a little prized at how well they've played. But we the other part of the equation is this. We talked about guys taking the next step. Tyson Campbell has taken the next step. Andre Cisco certainly has taken the next step. There were some really good things shown out there, by the way, yesterday from Devin Lloyd. For the first time, I thought in a long time, you know, Trayvon Walker as two and a half sacks. You know, he's played good football. He's just not a great pass rusher. But you had that all up and I think that's why you're seeing the growth of that defense. And Lucan was out. I watched the tape this morning. I thought a Luacon was outstanding.
Speaker 5: On Sunday, fifteen tackles, ten solos.
Speaker 2: He's good every week. Every week he's good. Pete, I like how you said it. Guys improving, and I think the defense is there's a couple of things that jump out of me at watching you know, Josh Allen, I mean seven sacks now forced fumbley should.
Speaker 4: Should be tied for the league league because he took that one away.
Speaker 2: From should have nine and he had pressure several times pushing the guy back in the lap.
Speaker 5: Is he a game wrecker yet.
Speaker 2: He's he's proceeding towards that like, like for me personally, game wreckers are the guys.
Speaker 5: You lose sleep over the night before Crosby game wrecker.
Speaker 2: You know Aaron Donald that is, you know, Chris Jones, Chris Jones, TJ Von Miller, nymore. But but I don't know. I don't know if I put Josh in that category yet. But he's trending and he is like really really good and is a like he's the guy that can rush the passer right now, I think this.
Speaker 4: Is the best he's played at any point in his career.
Speaker 5: But yeah, he looks great even down the stretch last year.
Speaker 2: Yes, I thought Trayvon had Ice Russia is yesterday, and he should have because the rookie he's playing against his shouldn't be out there right now. I mean he's I think he has a chance to be a good player, but he's young, only played a couple of games. And it's a little light, you know, well, a little light as far as being able to sit down power and Trayvon did what he supposed to have, got pushed, did a good job.
Speaker 4: You know what else Trayvon does. Tony he plays hard and like chases down plays.
Speaker 2: Oh no, he's a He's a really good football player, Pete.
Speaker 4: He chased down a run. I think it was a run player or passed and the quick screen to the outside and made a play on it. He's he plays hard. He recovered that fumble last week at the end of the game where he plays hard.
Speaker 2: I think Cisco's a heck of a safety. Heck of a safety obviously. Tyson, he was good last year. Ray Shawn had a really good game. He's all over the place making tackles. We talked about Loukh. I agree with Pete. I thought it was Devin Lloyd's best NFL game, best game he's played around the ball. If he didn't he.
Speaker 4: Look fast to the first time you looked at it and you go, he's fast.
Speaker 2: If he didn't have a cast on his hand, he would have had two picks because he has good hands and he's proven that in the past. With all that said, the best thing this defense does, because I mean I'm leaving guys at Roy Robins Harris and great.
Speaker 4: Roy Robertson Harris beats up on Quentin Nelson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every time he did it again.
Speaker 4: I don't get sometimes he must be like that. You know, you have that one kid in school. He must be that one kid in school. No matter when they play, he's gonna just gonna beat him up. Because Quentin Nelson's usually he's not as good as he used to be, but Roy Robertson Harris pushes him into the backfield. He was good.
Speaker 2: I thought thought of costs. He was good yesterday. I mean, so the whole unit. But that's not the best thing to do. Like Josh being on you know, whether you want to say, is a game record And now he's right. I mean, he's good, he's playing great football. He's making himself a lot of money. And I hope he continues. I hope he gets eighteen sacks and just breaks the bank and so. But the best thing is none of those things, Sono Lucan, I can't wait. The best thing is is this group plays great team defense, and that's why they get their hands on so many balls, and they are in the last three weeks they have been a great tackling team. Go look at the yards after catch, they're minimal. They come up, they're playing more zone. I give Calledwell all the credit in the world. He understands what his guys can do where they excel. They're looking at the quarterback a lot, and they come up and they tackle, guys are stopped where they catch the ball. And and you play defense, good team defense, good communication, and you tackle well, you're gonna be a good defense. Now you might not be top five. Don't need to be top five to win it all. You don't need to be top five to get into the playoffs. And make noise. If you're a solid defense who comes up and tackles, communicates, plays a good team. Get your hands on the ball, no big plays over the top, keeps limited the splash plays. You're gonna be. You're gonna be in every game. And that's what this team has done five of the six games against the Texans. Against the Texans, they just didn't communicate, they didn't tackle. They were bad everywhere.
Speaker 4: We could say this, Tony with certainty. The defense has played better than what we expected. While the offense has played a little bit worse than I expected.
Speaker 2: I would say, yeah, I think that's fair. I would I would say it a little different. I said to me, the defense is overachieved based on what I was projecting, and the offense has underachieved based on what I was expecting, because I expected this to be high flying, just breaking the scoreboard type of offense, and they're not there yet.
Speaker 5: They were looking at.
Speaker 4: Thirty and two games in large part because of the defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have no, no, no, And I'm not saying it's not a good offense. It's not the offense I thought it was gonna be.
Speaker 4: It's not. No, it's not. I thought it would be a high flying, aerial attack with Trevors throwing two or three touchdown passes and lighting it up. And it hasn't been that at all. And and maybe, you know, I think that has a chance to come. If that gets to that point and this defense is playing like this, they're gonna be a deep playoff team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll say this. If they they've played three straight games where they've played really good, complimentary team football like they you know, they played some really good like yes, special teams. Offense does their job. Defense. Defense could stops offense, responds so and so forth. If they would have played like that in the two games they lost, they they beat both those teams by no. I mean, I'm not saying it easy, but they beat both those teams and they're undefeated. I mean that's to Pete's point. If they continue to play this type of defense and just approve a little bit on offense, just a little, it's one of the best teams in the AFC.
Speaker 4: You know, Dwayne Smoot actually did some I was.
Speaker 2: Gonna get to that, Peete.
Speaker 6: And by the way, that Pete, it's Dewan Smoot, Dwan Smooth, not Dwayne Want.
Speaker 2: He's only been he's only been here six years. Pete, thanks for getting that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: That's embarrassing.
Speaker 4: No, Dwan Smoot, How did he play? I was thinking about game record. That's why I got me all worked out.
Speaker 2: I thought Dwan played well and he's gonna only get better. He was not back to the level he was before he got hurt last year where he's playing really good football. But he played good. He had a nice tackle for a loss.
Speaker 4: They didn't put him inside much though, a.
Speaker 2: Little bit, but here's what he does, Pete. If you watch him, he played thirty two steps. Yes, yeah, he did a good job. He played more than I thought he was going to. He finds a way to get on the edge of guys, and I think it's it was it was a little bit late at times. First came back, I mean trying to feel his way through it. I mean, coming after a major injury like an achilles. I think that's only going to get better because that's what he did so well last year. He's always on the edge. And because he's not like an elite athlete as far as professional athletes, I mean every day people. He's elite, sure, but it's not like he's like super like off the charts strong or off the charts quick or off the charts fast, mass up front, not a huge man. But he is one of those guys and I played against a lot of these guys where he's just slippery. He's always on the edge and he's always like you just feel like you can't square him up exactly all the time.
Speaker 4: How big is he?
Speaker 2: What's he listed at Let's see the official he's not taller than six to three. I promise you that no.
Speaker 4: He's got to be sixty two or six.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he wasn't on the flip card because he was elevated before the game.
Speaker 4: Hang on, I bet he's six to two and two six.
Speaker 2: I bet you they haven't met six to three.
Speaker 5: Well, let's see here the official what's the official guesses here?
Speaker 2: I got I got six three two six.
Speaker 5: What are you saying?
Speaker 4: Pete seventy five?
Speaker 5: He is officially six three two seventy five on Jaguars dot com.
Speaker 4: Okay, what was He's built like Hugh Douglas. He's a little taller, but remember this is a square, squatty guy.
Speaker 2: Hugh Douglas was bigger as far as legs and where you're end.
Speaker 4: Yeah, remember Hugh.
Speaker 2: Douglas, like not a huge everybody, but this bottom half was like, yeah, he looked like he was a three hundred and fifty pounds man. I mean just powerful.
Speaker 4: But I know the guy, the kind of guys you're talking about. That the guy you look at him and you go, boy, he's a sneaky off the edge and you don't you don't know why?
Speaker 2: You know who you know who was like that former Jag Paul Spicer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Spice, like he just like like.
Speaker 2: I remember practicing Spice only practiced against them, and like you look at him, he's like, oh gosh, this is not easy. But like he was always on the edge and you're always having to work and he's never stopping. He's always fighting your hands and he's grabbing a shoulder and he's like he's just like it's like and that's what he right wants. Move reminds me of that. I mean, he's just a good football player.
Speaker 4: By the way, do you think he's only gonna get better? Didn't Chase on have a sack yesterday?
Speaker 5: He did? Yes, he did.
Speaker 4: Look at look at he did. He actually chased him down. He looked like he was fast on that play.
Speaker 2: Well, Chase on his fast No.
Speaker 4: I know, but I mean he played fast, like a past in a straight line.
Speaker 2: He is fast.
Speaker 4: He's like, like, why are you going like.
Speaker 2: This that I was not doing that. My point is, if you watch Chase on special teams, he's fast.
Speaker 4: I know he's I don't think he's rushing the past.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's a fast change of direction guy, or flip your hips or bend the corner or past rush move guy.
Speaker 4: Was Abdullah inactive yesterday yes, yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: No, but Chase On again another slid, like like on your fifty three man roster. Like everyone's the only reason Chase On gets so much criticism because he was a first round pick.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 2: If you like you took, if you wiped away where he was drafted, you're like, yeah, part of our fifty three man. It's he's a good, good football boy.
Speaker 6: We've got to go to break. We'll come back in a moment. AFC South Overview from yesterday. If you're looking for the way late, gosh we late. Oh I mean I've been waving this piece of paper for like three minutes.
Speaker 2: You are so late. You are doing a terrible job of leading this show.
Speaker 5: You stop talking so I can read this commercial.
Speaker 6: If you're looking for the MVP of the truck game, then look no further than Ford f one fifty. Loaded with impressive capability and designed to dominate, workplay and everything in between. This truck makes tough look easy. Your local Ford dealer, proud partner of the Jacksonville Jaguars Little Chippy. Today it's Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loans.
Speaker 5: Now I get paid to play football, I do it.
Speaker 2: Take my body and play football at SOUST.
Speaker 4: Well, I got to continue.
Speaker 5: To keep doing what I've been.
Speaker 9: Doing, and I mean as a running back, as the guy you want that, you know you want that. I feel like this is why I hit a game to get those touches. So I just gotta just lock in and just continue who I've been doing to stay healthy.
Speaker 4: That's the biggest thing.
Speaker 6: It's Travis et in Junior after the game yesterday. Quit taking those touches away from them.
Speaker 5: Tony.
Speaker 2: He wants them.
Speaker 6: He's ready, He's built for he says Jaguars Happy Hour.
Speaker 2: First of all, you name a player or running back who's said something different.
Speaker 6: Ever, I'm just telling you. I mean, if you start turning down carries, you might not get him back.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The only thing that would be more surprising is a receiver said he's not open right hey.
Speaker 6: On Tuesday, October twenty fourth, from five to six, that's coming up next week, head to the publics at Etown Exchange and meet Jaguars players for a special appearance. That's eleven zero two five Etown Parkway and Jacksonville. That's down near nine B just below two ninety five. On Tuesday, October twenty four, five to six pm. Members of the Jaguars will be there. AFC South Ravens over the Titans. Yesterday twenty four sixteen, the Texans beat the Saints twenty to thirteen. We know what the Jaguars did to the Colts. So now the Jaguars are four and two. They're in first place in the AFC South Houston at India three and three, two and two in the division, Houston three and three, one and one in the Division, Tennessee two and four zero to one in the division. Those are the rankings. Do the power rankings on Jaguars happy, I will reflect those. Pete, We'll start with you.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think it's it's pretty pretty straightforward. I would think Jacksonville, Texans, Colts, Titans, and that's the Colts with Minshew.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's quarterback play play well yesterday.
Speaker 4: No, I mean he's like he didn't have at least four more passes, big Dolf. He was terrible.
Speaker 5: Thirty three of fifty five passing three twenty nine touchdown, three picks for Minshew.
Speaker 4: About two hundred. That was garbage time.
Speaker 2: I don't remember him being that bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you were hopeful.
Speaker 6: I just remember whenever he tried to push it down the field. He didn't have the arm to do that.
Speaker 4: There are people around the league that actually believe that guy should be starting quarterback in the NFL. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Well he's gonna be starting for a while there.
Speaker 4: It might be starting all year.
Speaker 5: Is it really that bad there, mister s talk.
Speaker 4: Richardson could be gone for the year.
Speaker 5: Wow, Tony Power rankings please quickly.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go, uh Jags, Texans, Colts. I actually, actually I'm gonna change it. I'm gonna go Jags, Texans, Titans, Colt with Minshew, Colts are.
Speaker 5: The last in the because of Minshew.
Speaker 4: I don't know the The Titans are pretty bad and their quarterbacks hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good point. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go Colts Titans. I forgot about the injury.
Speaker 5: Yes, a shifting division quarterback thing.
Speaker 4: The offensive line of the Tennessee Titans is so bad it's unbelievable. They are so bad.
Speaker 5: How bad are they?
Speaker 4: I mean the center is about two hundred and seventy five pounds and can't play. They benched the left tackle. He stinks. They have all kinds of issues. If the Jaguars can't win against the Titans this year, then they may I'm talking about sweeping them. They may never sweep.
Speaker 2: We swept them last year, like I told you we would.
Speaker 4: Did you get both games? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I locked it. Then we'd sweep them.
Speaker 4: We did double lock last double lock.
Speaker 5: Double lock is back. We'll see, We'll see.
Speaker 2: We have to play with this one.
Speaker 6: We've got another hour to figure it out. The second hour of Jaguars Happy Hour is coming up. We'll keep it real the fanatics, fan questions, and much more. This is Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Jet Home Loans.
Speaker 7: You know, you still want to have the element of surprise going into the game, things that maybe haven't shown on tape. But listen, you're also going into a place where, regardless if it's a Thursday night or a Sunday or a Monday night or a Sunday night game, you're going into a place it's extremely loud, and so communication is hard, and snap counts are hard, and so the more you can simplify motions and shifts and you know, just line up in stagnant formations, you know can help you. But at the same time, you still want to, you know, put your guys in positions to you know, have successful matchups or at least you know, have some success.
Speaker 5: On the field.
Speaker 6: That's the head coach Doug Peterson earlier today and welcome back. It's the second hour of Jaguars Happy Hour, presented by mister Chubby's Wings j P Shadrick, Tony Vasselli, Pete Prisco. After a Jaguars win yesterday over the Colts thirty seven to twenty third straight victory for the Jags, the defense led the way again four takeaways, including three interceptions, and now the Jaguars lead the league in takeaways with fifteen. The Jags offense only gained two hundred and thirty three total yards, but they had short fields and scored seventeen points off those four takeaways. ETN added two more rushing scores early, but was quiet in the second half of the game, and the Trevor Lawrence knee injury scared the heck out of everybody at three or four in the fourth quarter. He rolled left in the third down with sacked twisted the left knee, and the head coach, of course today said he's day today and now it's a short week. Onto the Caesars Super du the new Orleans for Thursday night football against the three and three New Orleans Saints. This hour presented by mister Chubby's Wings and tonight they have brought us some Chubby style.
Speaker 5: Wings and some case that he is with. I think chicken and mushrooms.
Speaker 2: What kind of flavor are the wings?
Speaker 5: They are a secret seasoning, secret season Chubby season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kind of like, kind of like secret injury for the quarterback.
Speaker 2: It's not his jurisdiction, Pete.
Speaker 5: We're all day today, We're all day to day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, listen, Thursday night in New Orleans is tough.
Speaker 6: Let's get in a little more into this injury stuff. We talked about the quarterback earlier in the first hour. Obviously, there's a number of players that are on this list, and they have put out an injury report today.
Speaker 2: Let's go through it.
Speaker 6: The Jaguars conducted a walk through today officially it was closed to the media, But this injury report is an estimation as if the team held a full practice.
Speaker 5: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Yes? Ready?
Speaker 6: Full today? Devon Hamilton defensive tackle with a back injury. We'll see how he put it.
Speaker 4: Sounds like he's pretty he sounds like he's pretty close.
Speaker 6: He talked to the media in the locker room last week, so yes, it does kind of feel that way. The rest of the players did not practice today. Tyson Campbell with a hamstring injury, and Doug Peterson said today he might not go Thursday.
Speaker 4: I will.
Speaker 2: There's no chance he's playing. I mean I watched the tape this morning. He clearly grabs a hamstring as he's running as teams right, Yeah, it was a punt stafe. I mean defense every league, every team across the league has a defense out there in punt safe and he was just running, not even full speed and he grabs that hamstring. So I short week, like, it's not worth the risk because if he tried to push it in a short week and you'd make it worse. Now you're out four to six.
Speaker 4: Like they signed a corner. They signed a corner today too. Yeah, that's he's not going to play.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's out. Okay, you have ruled him out, Coach Baselia, it's.
Speaker 2: Not my juristic. Didn't play very well mon Terrek Brown.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, that second year out of Arkansas. All right.
Speaker 6: One other well, the rest are on offense. Jay Jones did not practice today knee injury.
Speaker 5: I'd be surprised if he goes Walker Little did not practice today. Be shocked if he goes knee injury.
Speaker 6: Brandon Sheriff ankle injury in the game, left the game, did not practice today.
Speaker 2: He is a tough dude. I bet you he tries. It'll be interesting to see if they let him. Is that the same ankle that he heard in unclear unclear piece?
Speaker 4: Is that Indy the last time he played Indye?
Speaker 5: Is that when that happened pretty early?
Speaker 2: I think yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: And then of course Trevor Lawrence with a knee injury, did not practice today.
Speaker 2: I think he plays.
Speaker 5: Day to day.
Speaker 2: We're all day to day. I'm just saying I think I know nothing. It's out of my jurisdiction to quote the head coach, which I love that press conference. A big fan of that press con.
Speaker 5: Let's hear that again. By the way, we heard from Doug Peterson, you.
Speaker 2: Know, playing that because it's great, it's great radio.
Speaker 6: Doug Peterson asked today in his press conference about the status of Trevor Lawrence this week and that left knee.
Speaker 7: Yah, all right, show Trevor, you haven't talked for you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's out of my.
Speaker 4: Strangling a mins or anything like that, or bone bruise or what.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's out out of my jurisdiction.
Speaker 4: Is there a sense that may not play Thursday? He's day to day.
Speaker 6: God bless Mike Dorocco, just giving it a go there and getting nothing.
Speaker 4: Out of it.
Speaker 2: Hey, just so everywhere, hold on, Peter, hold on. He just to everyone listening, and then I'll let you go. Pete ferg is the head athletic trainer for the Jaguars.
Speaker 4: Just go ahead, Okay, somebody in that rooms are gone. Time out. Doug. You're the head coach of this football team, and that's out of your jurisdiction. I mean it looks foolish to say that. He looks foolish saying that. Just say, you don't know. We haven't had that, we haven't got all the information yet. I mean, it's out of my jurisdiction. The entire buildings in your jurisdiction.
Speaker 5: That's it. You good, Pete well Tony's.
Speaker 4: He's getting so quiet over there because he knows some rock. No.
Speaker 2: I disagree with you. I love the answer. I'm not changing my position.
Speaker 4: You don't. You just don't want to say it. How could greater repercussions.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, I mean, obviously we've gone through the whole scenario, the play call and everything that went into it.
Speaker 5: That's happened. Now the question is moving ahead. If he doesn't go. CJ. Bethard is the quarterback, what does he have twelve starts?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that they aren't winning with CJ.
Speaker 5: Betherd. Why not Pete? There's some other backups in the league that won yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know who won yesterday. PJ. Walker won against the forty nine ers Because their defense is giving up the least amount of yards since nineteen seventy in five games. That defense is nasty. Jacksonvill's defense is better. It ain't nasty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Browns defense is really good, really good.
Speaker 4: Think about that, the least amount of yards since nineteen seventy.
Speaker 2: Who were they on the point, because that's more important.
Speaker 4: I gotta look, Yeah, there really yards.
Speaker 5: You're probably not getting pointed.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 4: If Jacksonville's defense were able to play to that level, then you could win with CJ. Bether So we'll see.
Speaker 6: We'll see what happens at the quarterback spot. The Jaguars running back Travis etn leads the league and carries. We talked through that tonight and Tony.
Speaker 4: You didn't talk about the offensive line yet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what so there's injuries there? How did Hants play at right guard when he came in?
Speaker 4: Let me see what ton if Tony agrees with me. I thought both tackles played really well in protection. Now they're exactly they're not exactly playing Mathison Freeny. I thought Shatley was a little bit better this week than he's been not. I mean, Fortner had a couple of plays where you go, God, what are you doing? And Sheriff when he was in there played okay, but then once he went out of Hants was okay. Would you agree, Tony?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought he. I thought he came in and did a good job.
Speaker 4: What'd you think of the tackles. I didn't think they were good in the run game, but they were pretty solid in pass protection.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I thought protection was not an issue from either tackle at all. And I thought I thought the interior three did a better job of handling those two big defensive tackles in the past they.
Speaker 4: Did in the in Week one, they destroyed them. Now Buckner is getting trapped on one plane and blew on up that was Stuart. Yeah was that Sue. Oh Stuart was good. Yeah, he just he blew the play up. But for the most part they were those two were wrecking the game in Week one for a while. Yeah, and they did not and they didn't do that.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't think so. Our run game still was not great. I think that, you know, I think that Colts is a team's a pretty good defense.
Speaker 4: Pete.
Speaker 2: Those two young corners they have especially good, especially in that second rounder, the juju. Brent's good French from Kansas State. Yeah, he's a good player.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: They're they lacked the dynamic pass rusher, that's the from the edge, that's the problem.
Speaker 2: But they're solid.
Speaker 4: They got the linebackers, can all fly here.
Speaker 2: Franklin is a stud.
Speaker 4: They can fly. Speed played good yesterday.
Speaker 2: Speeds can he can fly. They're good. They're I mean, that's not I mean, that's a that's I mean, they gave it thirty to seven points. But you know, they're putting terrible situations. So we were not great offensively as far as running the ball. I mean, you look at the numbers. Second half especially, Yeah, second half, we could not get it going. I was a little surprised, Like if I was gonna be critical of anything, I know Pete can't get off the last play the only thing going back. I thought it was weird watching it live and then watching the tape again. They're up twenty one six at half time?
Speaker 5: Is that right?
Speaker 2: They get it right?
Speaker 5: It seems right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they hey, field, that's right, twenty one correct. So we get the ball coming out and we throw it, we go throw, throw, throw punt like up.
Speaker 5: Twenty one six, Yeah, incomplete short.
Speaker 2: Right, Maybe it's me just as the offensive lineman like, come out, like, let's run the ball a little bit complete, because they ran the ball decent in the first half.
Speaker 5: And complete deep right to Kirk.
Speaker 2: It just seemed very clunky in the second half.
Speaker 4: It Yeah, it wasn't. There's it's hard to get into a rhythm when you're getting point blank stuff scoring and then I don't really have to drive the football.
Speaker 2: Like because JP has JP do you have the yards by half? Like I'd be curious of the two thirty three what they have in the first half compared to the second half.
Speaker 6: Give me just a moment, Tony, I can get that. The crack research staff here can do that for you. The first half total yardage for the Jacksonville Jaguars one seventy two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so one seventy two of two thirty three. That's an easy Matt twenty eight. That's fifty three. That's fifty one now sixty one yards in the second half, compared to one to seventy four in the front in the first half. Seventy two seventy two in the first half. Sorry, and so they's almost.
Speaker 4: It's almost like you got that lead and then it was like they went three and out. Then when did they get the ball back again in the second half. It was by that time, it.
Speaker 2: Was they got it back pretty quick. The defense got off right.
Speaker 5: It was more of.
Speaker 2: I definitely felt it calling the game, or at least my sense was, there was a lull there in the second half, especially on the offensive side.
Speaker 5: And they said as much.
Speaker 2: I think the quarterback said, yeah, just like it was like kind of like going through the motions almost, you know.
Speaker 4: I will say this about the offense. The roocky tight end looked like he was making some plays. He made some plays.
Speaker 2: We had to cut touchdown pass. He struggled. Uh, he had the bad penalty at the end.
Speaker 4: His blocking hasn't been as good as I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Some of his blocking is very good.
Speaker 4: He had yeah, but he had been mauling guys in the preseason and once it went for real, that was the end of that.
Speaker 2: Well, he had a couple of good molds, but he Uh. The part of their game plan was the wham, which is like a trap play for those listening, kind of misdirection trap. They were gonna wham using Strange on on uh Groverer Stewart. No, they wanted to when they went on. They wanted to grow. They wanted to wham grower Stewart. That was their plan and did not work very well because Grover Stewart literally blew up Strange.
Speaker 5: Grover is like a huge guy.
Speaker 2: Well it's a good point. I mean it's a good I mean, you have to do a better job. It didn't get a sack yes up the field. Now I blame that on Trevor, because Trevor shar if he's just stays in the pocket, steps up, I think he can get he doesn't get sacked. He tried to get outside and Buckner got him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, like Grover Stewart six four three fourteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and who's ninety three for them, because he's the other.
Speaker 5: Guy we tried to win Johnson six nine, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's another guy that didn't. The WAM didn't work.
Speaker 5: Bretton Strange as six four, two fifty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was just it was he's gotta go again. He's gonna get he's gotta get lowered.
Speaker 4: He hasn't been as good blocking as he was early in the prese when in the preseason I thought he was going to be one of those all time maulers. And he still might end up being that. But he's he's willing. I mean, he doesn't and you're right, Tony, there's sometimes you watch him to go, wow, we just cleaned out that whole side over there. But the fact that he caught the ball and had a little juice that that's that was a good sign.
Speaker 2: I think Brent Strange gonna be a good player, like I think like I like her tight ends.
Speaker 4: Every time I see certain things happening around the league and I think about Josh Oliver could have been block He's one of the better blocking tight ends in the league. They ran them off well and Quincy Williams playing some of the best linebacks.
Speaker 2: He cows. He good.
Speaker 5: He got run off too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then they drafted four different guys to try and replace him.
Speaker 2: Quincy Williams is really good. Pete isn't he. I haven't seen a bunch of them.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable, how much better he's become.
Speaker 2: I watched like the end of that uh because the CBS cut to them, or maybe it was Fox. I can't remember which game I was watching. It cut to the end of the Eagles Jets game, and that dude flies around.
Speaker 4: It's it's amazing he's got and he's much more. Remember used to get lost all the time in champ lost.
Speaker 2: I think he was on you know, on the middle of the woods with no compass, but they gave up on him.
Speaker 5: All right, let's come back. We're gonna keep it real when we come back.
Speaker 2: We have not been doing that yet.
Speaker 5: No, not yet. And it's about injuries. Okay, s do it? You seem excited?
Speaker 6: Pr I Production is the official event production company. The Jaggs has everything you need to bring your next idea to life. Visit pr Productions dot com. It's Jaguars Happy Hour presented by mister Chubby's Wings.
Speaker 3: I started with our film studies you know that was that was a fromation based you know, asformation.
Speaker 2: They wanted to make it seem like it was running from the film study.
Speaker 5: That we had on them.
Speaker 4: Guys. You know, I took a shot and you know comand the right call.
Speaker 6: Josh Allen on the Sack Fumble yesterday, Welcome back. It is Jaguars Happy Hour, JP Shadwick, Tony Bisselli and Jacksonville Pete.
Speaker 5: Prisk down in South Florida.
Speaker 6: Get ready for the tailgate with Tony benefiting the Bisselli Foundation is coming up Sunday, yes November nineteenth, at Metropolitan Park ahead of the Titans Jaguars game ten am to twelve thirty.
Speaker 5: Aren't you busy in that time?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I'm gonna be out there until about eleven.
Speaker 5: Live music, Q and A.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm gonna do a hit from out there.
Speaker 6: Oh great, Q and A with you Yes, KNA So Jaguars Legends you Legends to be named to be named later. All inclusive ticket options are available, zood, drink music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get ready to go beat the you know what out of the Titans.
Speaker 6: You can visit Bisselli Foundation dot com for more and that should be fun. Be a party it will be a party, There's no doubt about that. There is a code you can use for fifty dollars off.
Speaker 5: The code is.
Speaker 2: Don't give that out. All the money goes to the foundation. I was told I could, Okay, go ahead do it. Fifty dollars off. Have used the code Tony fifty Tony five zero.
Speaker 4: OK. You're getting some legends, that's the thing, h Tony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Pete, you want to come up for it.
Speaker 4: I would love to, but I gotta work that day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not really working. We know.
Speaker 4: That would be fun. I'd love to see the old guys man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll be a good time. It'd be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to it. All the money goes to the foundation, which is we have a teacher fellowship program working with teachers right here on the First Coast, three year fellowship program, and then we do mentoring for young men in juvenile delink. In juvenile delink, no juvenile detention center, sorry, juvenile detention centers. Who are they're in it or just getting out?
Speaker 5: Very nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so'll be good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's awesome, very nice.
Speaker 5: You guys have been doing that for a long time too.
Speaker 2: The Foundations are in nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 5: That's a long time, so hard that would qualify you were a young man then, Tony, I was twenty three years of age.
Speaker 4: You were twenty three and nineteen eighty five. Nineteen yeah, twenty three, Yeah, yeah, I was thirty five. It was a long time ago.
Speaker 5: I will tell you fifty Now I will tell you how old I was.
Speaker 2: How old were you, curiosity?
Speaker 5: I would have been fourteen? Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're just starting to get that little twinkle in your eye looking at the girls in your class.
Speaker 2: WHOA, I'm not touching. I'm not touching that one time for keeping it real.
Speaker 6: Presented by Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi, you open up a winner today, Real Ingredients Award winning line by Robert Mondavi. It has to do with the Jaguars injuries and your concern level. Let's use the def con system as a gauge today. Deaf Con five is not really concerned. Def Con four is above that, deaf Con three is okay, we're getting ready for something. Deaf Con two is we're one step away. And then def Con one was we're in it and we got to make some moves and do some things.
Speaker 2: This is the injuries.
Speaker 5: This is the injuries.
Speaker 6: With all the injuries right now for the Jaguars, deaf con level of concern for you, five is lowest.
Speaker 5: One is the most concerned.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming that Trevor's fine, because if Trevor's not fine, it's death come one.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, so I'm assuming he's fine, and I'm gonna put it at deaf com four.
Speaker 5: Not too concerned, not too.
Speaker 4: Concerned, No, because Little will be back.
Speaker 5: Everyone on that list is coming back, right, not done for the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, it's it's a four. It's definitely a four. If Trevor's missing time.
Speaker 2: It's a one or two.
Speaker 4: It's a one or two, particularly with the game's coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Now, I mean if it's a one, in theory, you're making moves to get somebody in to fill some.
Speaker 4: Of the You're not gonna make a move for quarterback.
Speaker 5: No, not that, but the other positions.
Speaker 2: Right when I think of death come one, it's like, yeah, maybe go get somebody. You only have two weeks to do that because the trade led deadline's over thirty First, I'm thinking more in the context of, like, yeah, pretty much what we were hoping for this year is not gonna happen.
Speaker 4: So if but if you go into Trevor's like a deaf Con four, I mean, uh right, right now, Jay Jones is a deaf Con five, You're not. He'll be back Walker Little, Walker Little will be back in a couple of weeks. Sheriff will be back.
Speaker 1: So none of them are that concerning the collection, Yeah, but I mean the collection right, The collection for this week is a little bit more concerning.
Speaker 2: Maybe it gets to a three, but the reality is the longest injury on that list is most likely Tyson Campbell's the hamstring because soft tissue. That's the one. Like, if you read all those injuries again, assuming Trevor's fine, which I believe he is, all those injuries like, the most concerning the unknown is Tyson because soft tissue. Hammy's in a position like corner. You just don't know those things.
Speaker 4: How do they play that this week? Because who starts on.
Speaker 6: This we'll save that. We've got a fanatics fan question or about that. We'll get to that coming up in just a little bit. Teas that's that's the teas. We don't ruin the surprise that, by the way, was keeping it real. Presented by Woodbridge by Robert Mundabi. You open up a winner today, Real Ingredients Award winning wine by Robert Mundavi. Excually the injuries, if they for some reason get Devon Hamilt's in the back, what would that do for the defensive line?
Speaker 2: A depth? I mean, I mean if he gets back to the level that he was in the preseason. I mean in camp he was their best defensive lineman.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, it gives more than just depth. It gives them another power player in there.
Speaker 5: Already pretty good against the run, and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you get a big body like that and he I think then they could be really good against it, really special against the run. If you get him back in there and he's playing like he was before the injury, and you have Ponticasi who's healthy it looks like fine league member because he was banged up all last year. And then Roy Robertson Harris, you should play every game like he has Quentin Nelson across from him, and those linebackers start running the way, even the way Lloyd's running right now because he played fast on Sunday. Yeah, all of a sudden, you have the makings of a triangle in there that's gonna make it hard to run the football.
Speaker 2: Well, it already is hard to run the football, but I mean even you know what I mean? Really yeah, even more difficult. Yeah. Yeah, they're doing a good job against the run so far.
Speaker 6: It's time to check Yes to see country music legend George Straight with Chris Stapleton and Little Big Town May eleventh, twenty twenty four at EverBank Stadium. Get your tickets ahead of the general public. Venue pre sale starts Tuesday, October seventeenth. That's tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Wow, when is the concert?
Speaker 6: May eleventh, twenty twenty four. Okay, check yeah at EverBank Stadium dot com. You get your special pre sale code, Tony, will you have a box for the Do you get that.
Speaker 5: With the gold jacket?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 5: How does that work? What is the normal protocol?
Speaker 2: It does not come with the gold jacket that I know of. I would welcome it if it did, because I'm a big country music fan. As you know. I'll be making some phone calls just some of the some people I know, remember your boy, Yes, I will.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Never forget Pete, you want to come up for it. Pete doesn't even like country.
Speaker 5: Pete's not even listening. He gave up. But now he's saying questions.
Speaker 6: Next is Jaguars Happy Hour presented by Mister Chubby's Wings.
Speaker 7: Part on us, part on players, right, I mean, we put our players in situations where we have to understand the situation. So, you know, we had talked about taking the short sack in a situation like that, if you don't feel like you can get outside, you just you go down. And you know, so part of that's on the player, and then we can coach that better, we can emphasize that more. But the play call, I'm one hundred percent you know behind the play call. It's it's something that a lot of teams do in situations like that to get the quarterback on the edge.
Speaker 5: You know, they're they're.
Speaker 7: Defensively there, they're pinching gaps and their edge pressures, and it's a good way of getting your quarterback on the perimeter to get the first down and pretty much ice the game at that point. But and then again, as coaches too, we can instruct our quarterback better, coach him better and understand that if you can't get outside, just just go down.
Speaker 6: That's the head coach Doug Peterson today on the play call late in the game, Trevor Lawrence dinged his knee up on that play. Jaguars got to win yesterday over the Colts, though, and Jaguars Happy Hour continues. The second Hour is presented by Mister Chubby's Wings, JP Shadwick. Tony Boselli here in Jacksonville at the mill Or Electric Center. Yes, we are here in person. It's great to see you, Tony. Pete Prisco is down in South Florida. It's also great to see you virtually.
Speaker 5: Pete.
Speaker 2: You're looking good. Pete. Hey, Pete, I got so We hotly debated this in the first hour, and you and I disagree. You think it was I think I'm gonna quote you stupid brain dead call to quote Pete Prisco. You're right, You're right, Yeah, I don't. That's exactly what you said. I was okay with it, Pete. Would you been okay with it? If the play was called and as soon as Trevor saw those guys come on the field just fell down, took.
Speaker 4: A knee, there's no reason to call.
Speaker 2: You didn't answer the question, Pete.
Speaker 4: Would you.
Speaker 2: You would? It would have never come up, and you would never have said that's a bad call. If you had taken a knee and falling down. Ever, and if it would have worked, you would have been like, that's genius. Winter Vassally on this debate, he can't answer JP.
Speaker 4: Designed, what Tody? What's the end side?
Speaker 2: Who won?
Speaker 5: Go ahead?
Speaker 4: But the end game of that of that play working. Tell me you just said if it works.
Speaker 2: First hour, first down, first down, first down, take me to milk the clock, melt the clock.
Speaker 5: They said, to milk the clock, melt the clock.
Speaker 2: Because here's the thing, you don't know, what if?
Speaker 4: What if with three minutes left and they have no timeouts, they're up to what if?
Speaker 2: What if they what if they?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: What's the would not if they make it? It's not one hundred percent you're gonna make it. What if it gets blocked? What if it gets blocked? What if it gets blocked? What if it gets blocked? We've already had one block this year.
Speaker 4: Your your defense of that call is ridiculous. And the fact is I could see your face that you're not you don't even believe I believe it.
Speaker 2: I believe it. You can't see you obviously are blind.
Speaker 5: I gotta tell you, I'm I would we.
Speaker 4: Should be able to put a poll up for the fans on Twitter and say who do you who do you agree with? Pete or Tony? I guarantee you every single one of them would agree with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they're all reacting to him getting hurt, not the play call.
Speaker 4: Well, the play calls the reason he got that's not.
Speaker 2: Don just said it. If they did a better job of coaching and reminding him, and if he did a better job of understanding the situation.
Speaker 4: What is that situation? What if he twisted to go out and he pulled and he tore his knee up?
Speaker 2: Because what if he trips on the blade of grass, go to the sideline and hurts himself. Stope, you're ridiculous.
Speaker 4: And eat n Like you said, shouldn't have been in there taking handoffs either.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. Who would you.
Speaker 4: Agree at seventeen points in two and a half minutes left and no timeouts at the game's over.
Speaker 2: Yes, but they at that point, it was at that point it was a fourteen point game, wasn't seventeen.
Speaker 4: But if you hand off, they run, run the clock, kick your field goal the game zone.
Speaker 2: What if they block it, turn for a touchdown.
Speaker 4: And you're up fourteen point?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: No, you're up seven at that point, they block it, return it.
Speaker 4: Okay, in any way, shape or form, is any one of those scenarios worse than your quarterback getting his knee twisted?
Speaker 2: There's thee is the quarterback twisting if he takes a knee?
Speaker 5: He got him on that one. If he takes a knee, no stumbled.
Speaker 2: I'm responding what Doug said. If they did a better job.
Speaker 4: Is them blocking the field goal and returning it for a touchdown worse than the quarterback at his knee twisted and maybe not playing on Thursday night? And I will say this, you can't answer that question.
Speaker 2: I can't. I did answer. I'm answering. I'm what Doug said. I'm with Doug on this. Doug said they should have done a better job as coaches to coach him up better. If there's rushes in your face, fall down, coach him up to hand the ball off.
Speaker 6: I mean, there's more of a chance of them blocking a fifty one yard field goal attempt than there is a what thirty four yard attempt it would have been.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's just play the worst. The worst case scenario is they don't get the first down by running the ball. He goes out, he kicks the field goal, they block it and return it is Is that worse than the quarterback franchise quarterback having his knee twisted and maybe not playing on Thursday?
Speaker 2: But you're missing my point. I'm responding to what Doug Peterson.
Speaker 4: Said, should have been an attorney because I abuse the witness.
Speaker 2: That's not true. You're you're not abusing anyone. You're just like.
Speaker 4: My question.
Speaker 2: I did answer your question.
Speaker 4: Is his is the worst case scenario in that game?
Speaker 2: Your question isn't relevant to my point. Maybe if you watched more law shows, you'd be there'd be an objection and you'd be thrown out of court for introducing you're introducing evidence that it's not relevant to the conversation.
Speaker 5: Do they still show Matt Locke, by the way, worst.
Speaker 4: Scenario of all of it is he misses time because they called that play.
Speaker 2: That's the worst right now? Who's that the lawyer on my cousin, Vinnie. No, Yeah, that's what you look like. That's how you are.
Speaker 4: No, I'm the greatest abusing you. I'm announcing you m worst case scenarios. He doesn't play on Thursday, worst of all, or or if it was worse and he missed three to four weeks.
Speaker 6: Vincent Gambinius, who you're thinking of? That was his real name, and my cousin Vinny.
Speaker 5: Joe played the part Joe. He had like three different names. That's a great.
Speaker 4: He's getting off on the beat, abused them, Pete.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say this one last time.
Speaker 5: This is it.
Speaker 2: This is the final, final thing. All I'm saying your question is not relevant. My point was that would I agree with what Doug said if it was executed better and coached better where if the rushers come at the field he fell down, it would have been about a five yard six yard loss and we wouldn't be talking about this and they would have kicked the field goal.
Speaker 4: Can I have the final word?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay please? If the play isn't called, you don't have to put him in a spot where he has to make the damn decision. And the other part of that is, I go back to the worst case scenario is he's gonna miss time. The worst case scenario is your scenario is they block the field goal, return it and make it a seven point game. Oh boy, is that worse than the quarterback having his kneet messed up.
Speaker 6: No, I win the two uts, may or may not play on Thursday Night Football. Let's get to the Fanatics fan questions. Jaguars fans gear up at fanatics dot com with all latest jag styles. Shop now and get today's special offer. Fanatics dot Com officially licensed everything. We put the cat signal out on X today. Here's the best we've come up with. Maybe at duvall Gator etn leads the league and carries I'm worried they're running him too much and they use him up before the playoffs start. Would you like to see Johnson or Biggs may get more, carries him as fresh as possible.
Speaker 2: Yes, we already talked about this. Yes, we're an agreed. Great question from one all Gator, very astute of understanding the game. In the situation, I would agree one hundred percent with them.
Speaker 5: Yes, calling the playoffs already.
Speaker 6: Oh we're going come on that next next question that Britt Jagg. What percentage does Trevor Lawrence need to be at for him to play? And if he's not close to one hundred, do you risk him on a short week behind a beat up offensive line.
Speaker 2: Nobody's one hundred percent in this league at this time. If Trevor, if he's cleared medically, he plays it. It's as simple. It's as simple aside, don't give me this all percentages? And is he fifty eighty ninety?
Speaker 4: Who knows?
Speaker 2: How do you measure that?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: I don't understand what that can play.
Speaker 4: You play, if you're medically cleared, you play.
Speaker 5: I'm about eighty one point three.
Speaker 4: You're Sean Watson and get cleared and don't play.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting story right there. That's a whole nother show that. That's our personal podcast. We could I could unload on this scene, but I'm gonna leave it alone. Keep going. We have better things to talk about.
Speaker 6: It's great, uh at totally, Chad. If Campbell is out on Thursday, who do you put opposite of Darius Williams? Do you put Herndon outside and start Johnson at Nickel corner? Or put Johnson outside Antonio Johnson rookie safety?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't betray You're not gonna put on Antonio Johnson out there.
Speaker 4: I would not.
Speaker 2: I would. I would put Trey Herndon out there and then kick Herndon back into Nickel and maybe I'm on Terra during Nick during Nicol or one scenario. If they're comfortable with Antonio Johnson playing corner, I mean, excuse me Nickel after being out as long as he was in the fact that he is a rookie, and Nichols a tough position, and Tray's a heck of a blitzer and does so many good things in the run. If they're confident, then maybe with Tray outside and Johnson inside. But I would probably go start with Trey, Darius Williams and you know, in regular personnel, go to Nickel, kick Trey down and bring Monty, Eric Brown.
Speaker 4: And and and Brown. In fairness to him, he was thrown into it on side, but he didn't play very well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I I can't disagree with that, Pete, but I think that's what I would do. You know, Antonio, there's no other options I not that I know of. Antonio Johnson is not gonna. I would not play him outside corner.
Speaker 4: No, heck no, he's not. He's not an outside No.
Speaker 2: Now, if you have confidence, do you roll him in there on some Nickel? Possibly, but Trey's really good at nickel. Why do you want to weaken that spot?
Speaker 4: Weren't they thinking about using him as a nickel when he if he had been healthy to start the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if he, but he didn't win the job. And Trey is playing well in this style of defense.
Speaker 4: And what are the options if they could go to uh.
Speaker 5: I mean you bring in another safety, a winger, Daniel Thomas.
Speaker 2: Somebody has to play corner.
Speaker 5: And none of those guys are playing though big nickel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no, I mean Antonio Johonathan No.
Speaker 5: So Johnson is probably the option.
Speaker 2: But that's why I if it was me and these guys, I mean, listen, my call will know this personnel way better than I do just watching. And because I always worry about weakening two positions, here's another because if you have I mean, Trey's playing good, Nicholas a great bleacher, good in the run defense.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing against the Saints. You could put Antonio Johnson on Michael Thomas. You I don't the other guys like Shah, those little quick guys that give him some problems.
Speaker 2: But Pete, they're playing. They're playing, and I don't know the exact percentage. I bet you they're playing seventy five eighty percent zone. You're not putting on anybody.
Speaker 6: By the way, the Jags did sign a corner back to the practice squad today, Amani I believe is how you say?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was he was with the Giants practice squad.
Speaker 6: The Jags also have Von Campbell in the practice squad at corner. They've got Eric Hallett, the second a rookie at corner on the practice squad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who's the other active corner beside that they have.
Speaker 6: It's oh, they put on oh, they put they put one on a reserve list. Christian Braswell's Yeah, he got dinged up.
Speaker 4: But and he might have been an option to play, but not anymore. No, but yeah, that's a problem. Hey, yeah, I mean, look if Brown and fairness to him, he got thrown in there, he probably you know what I mean. It's a little different scenario when you know you're actually gonna start the game.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 2: I'm on the record. Herndon starts outside, monterk Brown comes in, and Nickel to the outside. Carter and kicked down Herndon.
Speaker 5: Nickel. Let the record reflect. Are we still in the courtroom? Yeah, sounds like you need to type it out.
Speaker 4: He was on trial. He took the stand in his own defense, and now he's going to jail.
Speaker 2: For about I rest my case, your honor.
Speaker 6: Next question at Reno Hide Tower twenty one. Bigger need o line depth or pass rush depth?
Speaker 2: No boy for what the trade deadline.
Speaker 5: I think in general they.
Speaker 4: All want they all want the Neil Hunter.
Speaker 2: I know you never can have enough pass rushers on your team, but.
Speaker 5: Neil Hunters tied for the league leading sacks, by the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean the Vikings they lose again this week. I mean the season's over, they played it.
Speaker 4: They played the Niners this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the season's over and they can't franchise them. And the Neil Hunter is gonna go somewhere else. So why not get some trade back up you give up for him? Uh? Fourth fifth is rental?
Speaker 4: Get it?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I mean anything more pete than you have to you have to have plans to sign them.
Speaker 4: Right, I went for a rental, I'd give up. I'd give up a four for them.
Speaker 2: That's what I just said, four, four or five.
Speaker 4: I just don't think the Vikings would take that. I think they get a better offer somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean somebody probably would give them maybe a two or three, knowing that they're going to try to sign him to a long term deal.
Speaker 4: I mean, can you imagine if you traded away to sadly here and got a fourth folour.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it's gonna happen either to your point, but I don't I'd be surprised if the Jags go and trade a second or third for Daniel Hunter because you're basically sending the message that we're gonna we need to sign them. And this is the risk beat and you know this. You trade a high pick, first second rounder, maybe a third, but first or second for sure for a player during the season who's contracts up. Guess who has all the leverage at that point.
Speaker 5: Hmm, you got that right, and it ain't the team.
Speaker 4: Well here here's the other thing. Here's the other thing. You talk about a third or a second. If the third goes for Ridley, right, if he reaches his numbers and if they sign him to an extension, it goes to that becomes their second second.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 4: So there's a problem with trade knows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's all kinds. That's why I don't think it probably happens.
Speaker 4: But unless unless you want to trade a twenty twenty five pick for him, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But second again, it depends are you planning on signing him?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean I would think, yeah, you can't sign him in Josh Allen, that's for sure. No. One.
Speaker 6: Last question at Selo's underscore Santana. I think this is really the Carlos Santana. No, I don't know if it is. Can we beat the Saints even if Little Sheriff, Campbell's a Jones and Lawrence.
Speaker 4: Are all out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, anything can happen on the football field that.
Speaker 4: Their offense isn't very Like Tony said, their car looks like he's struggling.
Speaker 2: Well, let's just be clear. Little's not playing, Campbell's not. I don't think it's gonna play. I mean my guess is Little Campbell and Zay are not gonna play. I think Sheriff gives a go. Question is will they let him? Will they let him? Tough guy? Not that those other guys aren't tough, just different injuries. And I think Lawrence is going so I don't think it. But if Lawrence, I mean, if Lawrence doesn't play, it's an uphill battle. Nothing in CJ bether but he's the backup for a reason, and it changes how you can play now can c J? Can CJ get you through a game? Yes, but it's it's a much it's a much steeper hill to climb with him at quarterback than Trevor.
Speaker 4: Hey one, you didn't get to this question. This really happened, This didn't happen? What is the collective Jaguars happy? Our response on being called out directly by the announcers calling Josh Allen game record during the TV broadcast? Did that happen?
Speaker 2: I don't watch.
Speaker 4: I didn't hear it either. Did they call us out or they call well.
Speaker 5: They I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: That'd be great if we made national.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just our big break. Spirou and Arch got us.
Speaker 4: Josh is playing great football, He's playing outstanding football. He's making a boatload of money. Happy for him.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm the biggest take.
Speaker 4: I'll take three for motivating him.
Speaker 5: It's a discount.
Speaker 2: We played a clip earlier and if you're just joining us, you might have missed it where they interviewed Josh Allen and he was talking about his sat his sack. It was a first down sack. They were in run personnel run you know, you know basically first down and what Josh had said. And I knew this. I know this about Josh have talking to him and everything else. He is a voracious film studier, and he said through his film study and obviously with coaches and on his own and everything else, he knew that the tip was in that personnel grouping in that formation that they throw the ball and so on first down, where typically you're kind of playing running, you know, playing the run, reacting to the past. He put a full pass rush move, got the edge, bent the corner, put a great speed rip rush and got the sack fumbled. And so what I like about hearing that, and I knew it about him is it's not just about it being a great athlete. He is learning and he's becoming a he's been a true pro. So I don't want to say it's all of a sudden, but that just gives you a little bit of an insight, a little behind the scenes look that this guy is spending a lot of time on the mental side of the game of understanding what they're presenting to them to him and how can he take advantage of that. And I just loved that clip. I loved how he talked about it, and that's the type of guys you want your team.
Speaker 4: It's important to what else, you know what else. He's having his best year, he's playing his best football. It just goes to show you how important those OTAs are to be a good football player. He wasn't around at all, was he.
Speaker 2: Let's not talk about that right now.
Speaker 6: Kick off the second half of the season at the Bank when the Jaguars take on the San Francisco forty nine Ers Sunday, November twelve. Kickoff set for one o'clock PM for now at least, and tickets are going fast. Secure your seats, go to Jaguars dot com slash tickets, see you there at the Bank, by the way. Week ten, Sunday Night Football. Just for the record, but the record reflex Sunday Night Football is Jets at Raiders that week. He'll turn Tony's.
Speaker 5: Back on real quick. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that game gets flexed the Niners Jacks. No, I think they flex out. Yeah, And I think it's either us in the Niners or I think it's Chargers Detroit.
Speaker 6: Very interesting. A few weeks away. A lot of football left between now and then. We'll go around in the NFL and close it out when we come back as Jaguars Happy Hour presented by mister Chubbies Wings.
Speaker 5: Welcome back.
Speaker 6: It is Jaguars Happy Hour presented by mister Chubbies Wings from the Hyundai Studios at the Miller Electric Center, JP Shatterick, Tony Bisselli and Pete Prisco after a Jaguars win three in a row, four and two Jaguars the three and three Saints this Thursday at the Superdome in New Orleans. For ten years, dream Finders Homes has been proud to call themselves the official homebuilder of the Jags. Visit dreamfindershomes dot com for all the available inventory and go Jags. Let's take a look around the National Football League. Some highlights yesterday Commanders over the Falcons twenty four to sixteen. I just saw Pete a video of Arthur Smith like putting his hands on his head after a play.
Speaker 5: What happened? What was the deal with that?
Speaker 2: It was a pick? It was the Rider interception at the end that.
Speaker 4: They had the illegal procedure penalty on the goal line on a short yard of situation, they would have ted, could have had to tie the game. I think that's what it was.
Speaker 5: No good, not good at all.
Speaker 4: No, it was a delay of game, is what it was. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: That's even worse. Yes, well they're equally bad.
Speaker 6: I suppose Vikings over the Bears nineteen to three. Badgeant play in the game. He played at D two in West Virginia last year.
Speaker 4: At Shepherd at Shepherd College. Who is he? Tyler Badge and he played at Shepherd College. He's a rookie. He came in because Fields might have a broken thumb.
Speaker 6: Wow, I mean that was like one of the first times I've never heard of that guy playing quarterback in the NFL.
Speaker 5: I've never heard of him.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of him either.
Speaker 5: So he's a rookie, very rare.
Speaker 6: Bengals over the Seahawks seventeen to thirteen thirteen.
Speaker 4: The Seahawks couldn't They were in the red zone about eighteen thousand times and couldn't score.
Speaker 2: So that's the second win of the season. So the Bengals are what two and four now, Oh, they're three and three, three and three, they're right back in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Joe Burrow's healthy again, and yeah, they get a bye this week and then they're back to ready to go.
Speaker 6: Yeap Browns over the Niners, and a field goal pushed to the right by a foot at the end missed it.
Speaker 5: Brown's win.
Speaker 4: Well, they have a rookie kicker and they could have kept it Vetter, and they decided to keep the rookie and he missed it. They didn't play very well. They have a lot of injuries to you talk about injuries. Trent Williams hurt, Christian McCaffrey hurt, Deebos Deebo, Samuel hurt.
Speaker 2: Was Trent got hurt in the game because I know he started a videound.
Speaker 5: Miles Garrett got.
Speaker 4: Hurt that he got hurt again?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 2: What's Trent's injury? He's my favorite offensive lineman foot.
Speaker 5: I think it was Miles Garrett that actually lifted him and threw him.
Speaker 2: He did not.
Speaker 5: I watched the play. What happened. It wasn't like Uggie White, No, it was he.
Speaker 2: Was like trying to jumps at him and run block him, and and uh, Miles Garrett, he's a great player. I mean, I'm gonna go back and watch that tape because I want to watch them go against each other until Tran gets hurt. He uses his body to push him kind of moves them and then I mean it looks but like, no, it's Williams a great player. Trent Williams a great player. And by the way, Miles great Garrett's a great player. And I'm gonna go watch that tape because i want to see the two of them go at it. And I'm disappointed here Trank got hurt because I think he's my favorite offensive lineman that in the league that's not a Jaguar.
Speaker 6: Dolphins over the Panthers forty two twenty one. Panthers had a fourteen to nothing lead that evat orated a hurry and Tyreek's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: They're bad and they don't have a first round pick.
Speaker 2: They don't have a first round pick next year.
Speaker 4: No, they traded to Chicago for uh.
Speaker 5: That's right, to move up and yeah, to get Bryce Young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Chicago's gonna have probably two top five picks next year.
Speaker 4: They might have the two, one and two if things work out.
Speaker 6: You imagine Raiders over the Patriots twenty one seventeen. Rams beat the Cardinals twenty six. Hey, can we go back Raiders?
Speaker 2: Patriots?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 2: Pete Is Bell checked the head coach at the end of the after this year in New England, Well, he.
Speaker 4: Might not be the general manager because that team's bad. They have no talent on the team.
Speaker 2: They're not talented. And I just think about it more from a standpoint, is he's like seventeen games, fifteen games something like that behind breaking the all time win record that Don Jula has.
Speaker 4: I don't. He's one went away from three hundred. Every week we go in there, somebody says, hey, he's one went away from getting the three hundred. He can't get it.
Speaker 6: Rams over the Cardinals twenty six to nine. Jets beat the Eagles their first loss of the season.
Speaker 2: Twenty good football game, at least the end of it. It was fun to watch.
Speaker 4: Lions don't play very well.
Speaker 6: No Lions beat the Bucks twenty to six. They've got five wins now and the Bills and the Giants, well, the Giants at the goal line twice, once before halftime and once at the end.
Speaker 5: Couldn't score.
Speaker 2: Well if they just kicked the field goal at the end of the half and run the or you know, if Tyrod Taylor doesn't check to a run and just either get a touchdown or throwing complete and kick the field goal. All they need at the end of the game is the field goal.
Speaker 4: They played good on defense last night.
Speaker 2: We sure did very well. And the in the Bills offense. Pete not humming right.
Speaker 4: Now, No it's not.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's the jet lag Mabe.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: They blamed everything. They have seriously blamed everything they possibly can. I mean, it is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're they're not playing well and off at two gets two straight games. They still had three hundred something yards against Jacksonville, but a lot of it came late.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was all late Monday night football.
Speaker 6: It's a road home game for the three and two Dallas Cowboys, who will try to get off the deck after a blowout loss last week. They visited so Far Stadium when the two and two LA Chargers, who won back to back games before their Week five by who you got tonight in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: I'm going Chargers. I think they're gonna to go. They're gonna to go silent count because it'd be more Cowboy fans than Charger fans. But I think I'm not buying what the Cowboys are selling.
Speaker 4: I'm going with the Cowboys. I think they write things here here's my belief. When you play the Chargers, if you've blocked them, you eat them. They're last in the league in past defense. They give up ten point four yards per completion. They're terrible against the pass, and I think the Cowboys are good enough up front Tony to block them.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I've seen very little both of them, so mine was a complete stab in the dark.
Speaker 6: I'd go with Pete on this one. Wow, you agree. Finally, it took the last two minutes of the show for you guys to I'm gonna go. I mean I would lock this week.
Speaker 4: By the way, do lock until we under see what's up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'd be irresponsible to use the lock right now.
Speaker 5: Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 6: That's a Pete Prisco, Tony Biselli, Joe Fortunato, Brent Reaver, Andrea Curry, Eric Guaringa, Kelli Jones, William P's, Katewaki, the whole crew.
Speaker 5: They're all eating mister Chubby's wings tonight.
Speaker 2: Save some for us.
Speaker 5: I'm JP Shaddwick. Thanks for listening. As Jaguars Happy Hour