Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shady. I am Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 1: What's up? What's up? This is Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us once again.
Speaker 2: Yes, Robin Dixon in the house. What is this a body suit? No, it's like a shirt.
Speaker 1: It's like a shirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you because I sound like the little rib Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just a shirt that you know, tuckson. I'll send you the link. Yes, please is it? Is it?
Speaker 2: Sheen?
Speaker 1: No? Thank god? No, I told you i'd send all that ship back.
Speaker 2: Yes, good o your money back.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good question.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know, because they probably have a non non send back to us in their finally they do.
Speaker 1: So I know. I got the confirmation that they got my return and they did say that there was one item that I sent back that was non returnable or final sale. But they were like, but in this instance, well we will waive it. Yeah, we'll take it. You know that in hopes of you being a customer and blah blah blah, like they did me a solid. But I'm like thanks, but yeah, no, Rob said yeah, and then I knew that I had two items that were final sale, so I still have them. But yeah, they're like straight polyester, so I would I would like to donate them to somebody.
Speaker 2: Give it to when Corey has a girlfriend, give it to her. Right there we go both. Anyway, do you have a shady moment?
Speaker 1: Nothing like super shady. I do want to say this, this is so funny. Mine. So we recently got into juicing. Oh, yes, yes, let's discuss. Yes, we bought a juicer. Yep, it's you.
Speaker 2: Should talk them. Wout have given you mine? But go ahead, Oh, because you don't use it.
Speaker 1: I haven't used it.
Speaker 2: I was all into juicing and then I fell off, but go ahead.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this one is all right. So it's crazy, all right. So I already have a juicer that I purchased a long time ago. It might have even been a wedding gift. I don't know. It was one of those. It was like a it was I don't know, it's popular. It was expensive and I never used it because everyone says, oh, it's they're just so hard to clean and blah blah blah they are. So I never used it. So it's just been like sitting in my pantry forever. So then, of course Instagram a couple things recently, like Wan is like all into his health and he gets influenced on Instagram when he sees something when people are like, oh, don't eat this, don't eat that, don't do this, don't do that. So he saw this juicer, he was like, Okay, let's buy this juicer. And I was like a little hesitant because I'm like, we already have one, we never use it, blah blah blah. So it came. It's by a company called Kooving's k U v I n G S if anyone is interested. It was like six ninety nine dollars what yes, but it's amazing like sis and then let me rewind. I bought one before on Amazon was smaller. It was probably like eighty something bucks. Right, it's you like when you pay a lot of when you pay good money for something, like like there's a reason why. Okay, yeah, of course, so however, go ahead, I know. So, I mean, so the machine is amazing and beautiful and it works really well and the cleanup is really easy, but like I might put in like six apples, ten carrots like a whole bunch of shit, and you literally get like two ounces of juice and you get nothing. You get so crazy. Hairs pairs give you good shoh they do. Okay, that's good to know, so we'll add that. But I'm like, this is insane the amount of fruit that you actually a fruit or vegetables or whatever that you have to put in this machine to get a decent amount of juice out.
Speaker 2: And then where are you getting your fiber now?
Speaker 1: And then that too, so I mean you would So my mindset, it's not that juicing is replacing food. It's more so we don't want to purchase and I drink water in the house, so I really only drink water for the most part. So this is more so for my kids and for wand so that they're not drinking like store bought fruit juice because no wonder, when you look on the label and it says ten percent, it's really okay, you buy strawberry lemonade or whatever, and it's really only like ten percent real fruit juice and the rest is all like added flavor, artificial stuff. Well, no wonder, because you can't get a whole bunch of real fruit juice out of out of.
Speaker 2: And you see what goes into the cost of it, right, So yeah, no you can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's crazy. So I like the juice not to replace food, and so I get my fiber.
Speaker 2: Where's the shady moment here?
Speaker 1: The shade of the shady moment is like how much food? How much little juice?
Speaker 2: No, the shady moment is your eight thousand dollars juicer six ninety nine. Yes, that six hundred and ninety nine dollars, seven hundred dollars for a juice.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: I don't give a damn it really it is. I really don't get it's quiet.
Speaker 1: You just like throw everything in the tie and it just now's its thing.
Speaker 2: Are we gonna talk about wine rocking around the house screaming?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So that so wine is like I'm not eating food anymore.
Speaker 2: No, that's not how he said it.
Speaker 1: He said, I'm not eating food anymore.
Speaker 3: So I was like, oh my god, Win, are you okay? Are your pants getting too big? Like are you gaining weight? Like what's going on? Because you are now angry? Right, and so he was like, I'm just not doing it. So then he said.
Speaker 2: He he's been doing research, been doing research hour hour and a half doing food research. And he's like all the food eating, I ain't eating shit, right, but this is gonna be good.
Speaker 1: No, it's good for you. But he used the juicer yesterday and put like spinach and like it's still you get nothing. I'm like, I don't know what you're going to do this if you're not eating.
Speaker 2: Be walking around hungry. Okay, that's gonna be.
Speaker 1: But no, these damn juice like the juicing situation. It's nice, it's lovely. Now you know why it's so expensive when you go to those juice bars do like Parade Pure yeah, Pure Raw. I don't know all of them. Like I go to one in full Ton, Maple called Sunset Raw and we actually filmed there. But now you know, oh really yeah, sorry.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 1: No, they're great. They'll go there.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, they just won't make your stuff like I ordered. And then I left to go there. There's a bakery next door. To go to the bakery and they wouldn't make it until I was there, So it's physically in the building.
Speaker 1: Oh that's interesting. That was weird. Yeah, yeah, I wonder why that's be a reason. But generation, but now you know why this stuff costs so much? Yes, but totally need so much, so many fruits and vegetables just to make a significant amount of juice. Yeah, and as soon as I make it, like the kit I mean, it's crushed between the three of them. Yeah, it's good though, like juicing apples. I like to juice pink ladies with carrots. Yes, it's really good, it's amazing. Yeah, it will juice like oranges with pineapple oranges. Yes, that's great, really good. Or some pears in yeah I need okay, so I'll do the pears. But yeah, if anyone has any recipes and stuff to send, or anymore tips on like how to get more juice out of my juicing, because we are going to use my bad under in ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Dollars from now and to the end of time. And I hope and pray that shit don't break, because you know, if it breaks, to get the part, it's a warranty.
Speaker 1: Okay, Robin, it's good. All right.
Speaker 2: Let me take you about my shady moment. So, okay, my friend Ashley dar but your friend too, invited me to a capital's game. Okay, it was their season opener. Yeah, so this is not too long ago. I wasn't really prepared, like I think the last time I had got to Capitol's game was like maybe twenty twenty five years ago.
Speaker 1: I've never been to a hockey game never. Actually the only time I've only experienced wawan played with the Toronto Raptors, and it was like we were just in the building and the the hockey team was playing, yeah, but we were It was just like passing through. So I've never experienced. It was the thing, please like sold out.
Speaker 2: So you're you know, and you and this is good for you because you walk into the Capital Center, yeah, and you're good. But once you walk into like where they play, it's freezing, right, had no clue. And mind you, everybody's walking around with a sweatshirt on, a hoodie on, and I'm like, oh, I was like cute, little my little shirt, my little tak to. I was very cute. So as she looks at me, she was like, oh, I think you're gonna be cold. You need to buy something.
Speaker 1: I said for what?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Mind you?
Speaker 2: She had a hoodie like tied around her neck, okay, and long sleeve, and I still didn't get it.
Speaker 1: She was prepared.
Speaker 2: She was highly prepared because the guy she was married to had season tickets. Okay, okay, So I went to a little gift shop, a little hoodie. This is not a shady moment. So so I get in there and everybody's like going wild.
Speaker 1: They're going nuts.
Speaker 2: They're like screaming at the players. The players are fighting. It's a borderline line like a housewife reunion going on. It's like grabbing helmets, doing on the floor. The drama of it all because you can't really hurt w.
Speaker 1: Yes, you can't really hurt yourself.
Speaker 2: You have your pad, those pads right, yes, But it's the drama of it and and the crowd's getting into it. So then behind us was I don't know if they were two guys and they were big, burly men, and they were like, grab the dick and twist. Grat yes, grab the dick. And I was like, so other people started saying, I think that's like a saying grab the dick and twist. I never heard of that. Grab this dicken.
Speaker 1: Twisted, Oh my god, And they like, what's that? Jack twus the dude twere Yes, I've never hilarious, but that is hilarious.
Speaker 2: Mind you you can't grab a hockey players.
Speaker 1: Gosh, you can't even yeah, because they have.
Speaker 2: All all that equipment on listen. It was the same in my section grabbed the dick and twist. They weren't this is actually he's not really a shady moment.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was I guess it could have been shady. It was hilarious and I absolutely love those guys. And then like towards the end, they were like, they're they're playing Jersey and so the capital, our team, who's our team?
Speaker 1: Washington? What's the Washington Capital? What is there? What's there?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, that's right, the capitals, the Capital. I'm so crazy their capitals. They were playing Jersey and so then they were like.
Speaker 1: Nothing good God out of Jersey. No, they're good, and so.
Speaker 2: Here go Ashley jud and I was like, actually shut up. So then the guys were like, these are like, you know, you can kind of suss out whether or not a guy watches Bravo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in my mind, I'm like, this guy, do not watch Bravo. Then they started screaming.
Speaker 2: I was like, you know, and then and then I think one of them said something by reasonably shady.
Speaker 1: So was that's so funny. Yes, So then.
Speaker 2: I was like grab the dicka twist.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the dickat twist.
Speaker 2: Great time twist.
Speaker 1: That is also yes.
Speaker 2: Thing.
Speaker 1: I've never been a hockey game, but I am always impressed how they're able to just like full on fistfight, like oh yeah, but like they drag out.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like the Reunion. They know the fans need.
Speaker 1: It highs like entertainment. It's like, yeah, its like but.
Speaker 2: Then, but you know there is skill here because the goal is much smaller than like a lacrosse goal or just from my view, you know, don't don't don't quote me here, people, but like it's it's short, and it's it's the shorter or smaller, like way smaller than the soccer goal, and the goalie has on padding has on. It looks like a robot all the other not a robot what those people call matrix. Not the matrix, but like the power Rangers, looks like a Power Ranger, no x men equipment transformer looks like a trans transformer. And so you're thinking that I was telling yourselves, like there's no way a puck could get in because like they've got the thing covered with all their transformer equipment on. She's like, you'll be surprised, and they got it in every time.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, this is amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah splits yeah. And then then you know if the other team score, because there's like there's like lingo that I didn't know anything about. So when the other team scores, they have to like announce the person is that scored, and then the whole crowd at the same time is like who cares? Who cares? I'm like, oh my god, I got to get into all the linga. So I have no cares and grabs.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so funny. Okay, I like grab your dicking kiss. I want to use that like my kids, especially Corey that too. But but Corey thinks I'm his like buddy, and so he like just like wrestle and rough house and sometimes like you know, play tackle me no no, yes, yea, and you should not wrestling with him anymore. First of all, he's bigger than you.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm like Corey, I'm your mom.
Speaker 2: I'm like headline.
Speaker 1: I mean, he he will like not a headline, but he'll like tackle me like like like a wow, onto the bed. Okay, that's like yes, he'll jump like. I'll be in my bed. This reminds me of this Instagram video I gotta find. It's this lady and she does this video of what being a mom to teenage boys is like. And the boys are all like in the face, you know, just doing all these movements around you and throwing the throwing the ball at your head. That that is my life. So I'll be in the bed and Corey will just pound take off running from my door. Jump, yes, just like jump on top of my bed, tell him yelling this little buddy, it's so crazy. No, yeah, but so I can't. You can only grab one friends.
Speaker 2: You want to? Yeah. I don't know if he's gonna like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, moving on, probably not.
Speaker 2: I want to tell you all about two shows that I've been watching.
Speaker 1: I know you've watched Monsters. I know you have. I have not, Oh you haven't.
Speaker 2: The reason why I haven't watched it is because Ashley, once again I was spending a lot of time with Ashley, told me their story and because I didn't really know that they were getting abused.
Speaker 1: And I remember like vaguely when it all happened, when it was like news and I remember it was you know, yes they killed their parents, but there was like yeah, there was, but their parents were horrible.
Speaker 2: So this is the Menindez brothers and they were I can't remember the who the father worked for, but they're like uber rich and they killed their parents horrifically like shot them up or something. But they were being totally sexually abused by both parents, mother and father, like he would like what do you call it, ejaculate in their mouth what like he was doing It was like wild like that, like horrible. So and they've been in jail like thirty five years. Yeah, let him out right, like enough? Yeah, and from what I understand, they're like the model jail citizens.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, what is what is?
Speaker 2: And even if you murder is what twenty five years life?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Like if you get life, yeah, that's like twenty something. Yeah maybe because it was two people, so they probably have two light sentences.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, I think it's time. Yeah. I remember I saw like Kim Kardashian did the whole thing, like they need to come out. But no, I have not seen Monster.
Speaker 1: Yeah I haven't either.
Speaker 2: I will watch the Old Man. I've talked about this. Wait, is there a new season season two is out. It is, yes, and I got into it. I watched maybe like two or three episodes the other night. So good, okay, which streaming?
Speaker 1: What is that on? Again?
Speaker 2: That's on Hulu because it's on fex so Hulu. So Old Man season two?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: If you didn't watch season one, definitely watched season one.
Speaker 1: It's intriguing. Yeah, I did watch he'son one, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: And then How to Die Alone? Oh that's on Hulu as well. Okay, so do you and this might be good? Okay, so Old Man, you gotta watch that with wand because he would like all that, yeah, I think he did want him up bank bank. So Insecure with Isa Ray remember the one of her girlfriends with like the curly hair, who was kind of like the crazy one that would like say crazy stuff. You don't remember, I didn't really wantch okay, well Wan did, yes, okay. So anyway, she has her own show and it's like has episodes or whatever, and it's funny how to Dialog.
Speaker 1: And it's oh so that's a comedy.
Speaker 2: It's funny, yes, okay, yeah on Hulu all right, Yes, I enjoyed that, all right?
Speaker 1: Cool? And then I noticed, and I need to watch it because I think The Lincoln Lawyer comes back out. Yeah, Season three of The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix comes back out.
Speaker 2: Okay, we love him. Yes, I can't remember his name, but he's like a cutie pie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't remember his name either. Okay, but I'm going to watch that too, Okay, so old man Lincoln Lawyer. Yes, how to dialg di Longue?
Speaker 2: Okay. So we want to read something because we love y'all. When we say y'all are fans, because we have one or two fans. Okay, So this is from Jen lan Khan Lan Kan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lit's send Lan Khan Jen.
Speaker 4: It says, hey, y'all, my fiance Tommy and I got married on the twenty sixth of October and just want to see if I can get a shot out so I can play it on the DJ stand at the wedding.
Speaker 2: Ooops, so we didn't make it. Okay, we're a little late. We're a little late, but Jen, we love you and we wish you and Tommy the best, and you can you can take this clip and like send it to you all your friends. Right, Oh little late, Yes, we a little late, but we love y'all and we congratulations.
Speaker 1: Yes, still want to send love and congrat.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we wish nothing but the best for your one hundred years of being wedding bliss.
Speaker 1: Absolutely remain best friends totally. Everything else will fall into place. Yes, Oh my gosh, it's so funny. And we have some ask us anything I think right, but I think that the a lot of these we have answered.
Speaker 2: Like, for instance, if y'all could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it? Haven't we answered the superpower?
Speaker 1: I don't think so we haven't. Yeah, because I'm I don't know my answer? Well, so what is yours? Then?
Speaker 2: Oh damn, we didn't answer it? Okay, that was the time. Okay, So I think my superpower would be well, two things, okay. One, I can see in the dark.
Speaker 1: That would be your superpower. That's not my superpower.
Speaker 2: I just want y'all.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay.
Speaker 2: Like sometimes because I was watching this thing and with Kat Williams and somebody asked him what is his superpower? So he said he's clairvoyant. Okay, Okay, I can see in the dark. That's not a superpower, can't. I don't. I know, it's not superpower. Okay, now let's get to my super power. I mean I was just telling you all about myself, like I can see in the dark real Okay, but yes, yeah, so my superpower would be that I could, oh yeah, like read somebody's mind.
Speaker 1: M Do I want to read your mind?
Speaker 2: Thow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean not mine, but someone else's. It sounds good.
Speaker 2: But do I really want to know what you're thinking? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, I say no, No, I don't want that, Like I don't want to I don't want to know like the future, what the future holds, like, I don't want to know any of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I do have a little bit of clairvoyance about me. You do a little bit, just a tad okay, not a lot. I don't anybody get exact.
Speaker 1: Like you can think of something, something comes to your mind and then like how to say, it happens y or like that happened to me recently. It was a random person. I was like driving and I thought about this random person. Yeah, and I was like, oh, I need to call so and so. And then the next day they call you.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, so you need to tap into that rob and you have you have the gift the people call it the gift really, yes, okay, yeah, but you have to own it. You gotta be like, I got the gift. Okay, you gotta say it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got the gift. Yes, I got the gift. Yes, you got the gift. Robin yees.
Speaker 2: So like like my mother has some of that. Cal has some of that too. Really, Cal can tell you about a person and they've had a conversation with him. He's had a conversation with somebody. Like one time, there's a there's a random man that just walked into your house. Do you know who that is?
Speaker 1: Into my house?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just walked into his said he has dreads, he's he took a shoe hit there you Omahamed okay, hi Muhammat good okay, No, no worries, no worries. So we're a Robin's house and it was a random man that just walked okay. So Robin's office where our studio is near the front door, a random man walked past and what Robin did not even see it?
Speaker 1: No, I did not. I'm looking at you.
Speaker 2: And I see this, I mean, mind you. He's got on the baseball hat, he's got he's holding his shoes. So he knows, taking shoes off and sneak into the house. Right, do you know Mohammad? Yes, okay, because Mohammad came through.
Speaker 1: It wants a friend from years ago?
Speaker 2: Okay. Does Mohammad eat food? Because why is not eating these days? I wonder if they're going to have like lunch.
Speaker 1: They're going to juice together, so that'd be a hot day. You know, it's crazy. Muhammad actually got one into juicing.
Speaker 2: Oh, we'll good, okay, so maybe he brought it. He didn't bring any fruits. I saw he was empty handed. Okay, moving on, What is your superpower?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Oh oh oh oh? Maybe I can remember everything I read.
Speaker 1: That'd be a good superpower.
Speaker 2: That would be Yes, that would be everything I read I remember and can tell you back.
Speaker 1: Okay. I would like to fly in the sky, yes, like a bird.
Speaker 2: Yes, I like that.
Speaker 1: I like to be able to fly, just fly anywhere, just get to like just zoom around like. Okay, that's what I would like to be able to do.
Speaker 2: I like that. And then that way that alleviates planes, did you allevilates a lot of stuff?
Speaker 1: Did you used to? So when I was a kid, I used to run really fast and try to fly, but it never.
Speaker 2: What kind of childhood did you have? That was your childhood?
Speaker 1: Was disturbing? Okay, I literally would just run, take off, running, and then expect to like fly.
Speaker 2: Into the your parents, I actually know your parents if they have sense.
Speaker 1: But you don't what I tried, you know. I mean, if you don't try, you don't know.
Speaker 2: Like so okay, but you didn't want to ask, or you didn't think, like there's something called gravity. They didn't teach you that in school.
Speaker 1: Maybe, but maybe I just thought if I ran fast enough, I would take off.
Speaker 2: Listen, We're gonna give you a superpower. Your ass gonna be flying.
Speaker 1: I want to fly, or clearly I want to fly.
Speaker 2: Geez, this is a mess. Robin is up hilarious, Oh my gosh. Okay, moving on, we had it. Okay, So I want to read about the UPS drivers. Yes, okay, this is from Alyssa. Okay, okay, So Alyssa says, hey, ladies, following up on the ups Guide conversation from a few episodes ago, my husband is a UPS driver, and yes he's sexy and he has great legs ha ha ha. But seriously, I wanted to mention that they are not allowed to enter anyone's home. They are instructed to only step one foot in someone's doorway to avoid any false allegations or misconduct.
Speaker 1: Ye, so anyone needing.
Speaker 2: Help taking a package upstairs to their bedroom, we need to call a moving company, not ups. Love you both, keep up the great work and thanks for the laughs.
Speaker 1: Alyssa, yes, she said, do not think about it. My husband is not coming in your house.
Speaker 2: But Alyssa doesn't understand that. This is what he told her. This may or may not be in the handbook. Okay, Alyssa, this is what your husband told you, and he should tell you that.
Speaker 1: And there's is there anything in the handbook that says I can't go in the back of the truck for a quick little break?
Speaker 2: Okay, Robin just thought this thing through. She said, you can't come in my house, but I go in the back of your truck.
Speaker 1: Could I get truck? Can I go retrieve my package from the back of your truck?
Speaker 2: This is getting goodd This is hot and heavy. Alyssa, girl, you better get Robin because Robin is coming for your man. Does she leave his name? No, she does not leave his name. I think that my house it's up to their discretion. Okay, there probably is a rule saying that they can't come.
Speaker 1: Sure, I'm sure how that I can't go in their truck?
Speaker 2: You could probably go in the truck.
Speaker 1: I doubt it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Oh you think the.
Speaker 2: Truck has like cameras, probably n spy, no robin camera, so that that he doesn't get fired, right.
Speaker 1: So that he's like not stealing people's packages. There we go.
Speaker 2: It probably does have cameras, so you probably can't go. So your best bet is to just leave the door open and see if he walks in. Put two feet in front of the doorway. See what happens. Ups, man, we coming for you. I'm coming for mine. So I got a new one or whether I mean you know, because hey, switch up the rotator whatever. He wasn't cute. Oh no, well he was just kind of short. I mean he was cute ish, but he was just kind of I did not want to have on. I didn't want to do him. Really, the other one doable?
Speaker 1: Okay, we need him back. Yes, Hey, okay, bye, I don't know where you're going.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, So so I'm gonna give y'all a update of what's happening at Robin's house, So why is now leaving? He said goodbye to Robin and he's Robin's like, I don't know where he's going.
Speaker 1: He's going with Mohammed.
Speaker 2: Mohammad just came.
Speaker 1: Where are they going?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I know where he's going.
Speaker 2: Okay, because he told you this morning you were best well practice. He's going to him and Muhammad to going to a basketball practice, okay. And they're not gonna eat going to juice, right.
Speaker 1: I promise you he's going to eat pizza later tonight. I promise you, promise, but we won't tell anyone. He's gonna be like I'm angry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, now my Jesus gonna scream tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I'm not at any day ever.
Speaker 2: That is That is like from one spectrum to the other.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yes, And that's what happens when you try to like do an extreme situation like extreme diet, then you just totally like lose it and binge and do the other and do what you're not supposed to do.
Speaker 2: Yes, totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's going to come home with like a bag of Chick fil A later. I know it. Those fries are good though, Yes, I had some yesterday, Okay, well, let's give out some more love to one of our listeners. She wrote in her subject is class action lawsuit. Oh Jesus, but the email doesn't mention it, so I don't I don't know. This is the email. Hey ladies, my name is Shanerica. It rhymes with America, Yes it does. She said in May. On May seventeenth, twenty twenty two, I suffered two strokes behind COVID. This left me blind and unable to walk. I've listened to every episode up until May. I stopped because I couldn't talk for a while. I just celebrated my thirtieth birthday. I thank God that I'm still alive. I like to say thank you for keeping my spirit up every Monday. You give me something to look forward to every Monday during my dialysis. Stay true to yourself. Please read on air Love all the way from Texas.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I.
Speaker 1: Wanted to show Shanerka some love and I am so sorry for everything that you have endured totally, but we thank you for listening to reasonably Shady and I'm grateful that we can brighten your day. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just wait a minute, so she said she this all happened from COVID.
Speaker 1: I think she had COVID and then two strokes, So I don't know if it's because of COVID or just on top of this.
Speaker 2: It's so terrible.
Speaker 1: Thirty years old. Thirty, that's else can say that? So young?
Speaker 2: And can we flash back to COVID? Oh my god, do you remember that shit?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That was horrible.
Speaker 1: It was really bad. I mean it's you know, it's funny. When we were going through COVID, I was like, one day we're going to look back and be like, damn, I can't believe we went through that shit. And so now it's like you look back and I'm like, I can't believe we went through that. Yeah, I really can't believe.
Speaker 2: That was our lad People were dying left and right. Yes, it's just a disaster. Yes, Oh my god, that was so bad.
Speaker 1: It was. And it was like when we were going through it, it's like, how are we getting out of this?
Speaker 2: Yes? So I remember talking to one of my girlfriends who was like very much connected to like the CDC. Yeah, and she said it was gonna take us ten years. Oh well it didn't take us ten years. No, it didn't, thank god.
Speaker 1: So that like shout out to our government, our president and in the government by time because they got us out of it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, totally. Okay. So this is from dorn Hi ladies. Hey love your podcasts and one of my faves that I look forward to every week. My husband and I are going to d C in a few weeks.
Speaker 1: Would love to.
Speaker 2: Hear about your favorite places to visit, restaurants, shopping, neighborhoods. Can't wait to say I was in Potomac, home of my favorite Real Housewives.
Speaker 1: Much love, Nicole.
Speaker 2: Oh this is Nicole. I'm sorry, Nicole dorn So Hei, Nicole.
Speaker 1: He Nichole. Welcome to the area.
Speaker 2: The area, okay, But if you're coming to DC, you have to go the I'm sorry, you have to go to the African American Museum.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was gonna say that for sure. And I don't know if you're white or black, whatever you are, like, it's still a great experience. I remember going, Oh, I gotta take my kids. I still haven't done that, but I remember when I went. You know, you expect it's the African American Museum. You expect to see mostly black people in there. Yeah, and so there's a white lady in there. And she was just like crying like the whole time. And so, I mean, so it is very somber, especially the beginning of it, but it's so enlightening. It's so it's it's there's just so many emotions surrounded with it or that you know that you'll experience. But the good thing is like it gets to like a joyful, joyous kind of place.
Speaker 2: And you take an elevator downs and at the bottom, yeah.
Speaker 1: And then you work your way up. By the time you get to the top.
Speaker 2: We did good to go, we're good.
Speaker 1: We've got fonce and Oprah. Yes we don't we get to the top.
Speaker 2: We do it shady shout out everything.
Speaker 1: But we didn't. We didn't get wet. But but yeah, when you start at the bottom, it's like you're in the slave trade.
Speaker 2: Yes, who yeah, I can't.
Speaker 1: Can't you imagine? Oh yes, go to go to the African American History Museum. I would say, like, what restaurant would you say to go to? I think like Fiola Mare maybe, because it's like, you know, right down there in Georgetown, in Georgetown on the water, it's beautiful, it's expensive, but you know, great seafood, great service, great food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's a good that's a great spot. And just like you're let's see what is like.
Speaker 1: A decent visit the wharf the restaurants.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, all down there. Yeah, so they have like Philippe chow Is down there. They got all of what's my man the Ramsey, all his stuff is down there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's a good place to visit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh good Italian sorry rpm RPM for good Italian. I haven't been there in a while.
Speaker 2: I'm lying. I was there recently, So if you want to actually visit Potomac, you can and come to the village. It's very small, yes, but there's a oh and you saw it on this season episode one of Real Housewives Potomac tally Ho is a diner and I am not a diner girl.
Speaker 1: Their food is good.
Speaker 2: There's nothing that I've gotten there that I don't like. And it's actually Karen Hugre's spot, yes, and and I trashed her for it. I was like, oh my god, you're taking me to a dine. This is so on grandam of you. But the food is so amazing and it's like a homegrown little diner. So check that out. Okay, tell him I sent you okay, not Karen, Right, and let's see I just anything if you're if you are, where would you go for like a little lounge or hangout? Oh?
Speaker 1: Seven stories?
Speaker 2: Did we go there? We did go there? Did but like down not seven stories? I take that back, so like but down in that era. Anthem is down there.
Speaker 1: But we don't know, like we need to know more about her. Yeah, you know, I don't know where to see them from. Okay, social nicole.
Speaker 2: We're done, I think, yes.
Speaker 1: So just and then definitely, of course you have the other tourists touristy stuff you can do. You have all the monuments and the all of the Smithsonian museums. But just make sure if you do a Smithsonian Museum tour that you include the African American History Museum.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they're all free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're all free.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which most cities don't do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what else in DC? Like what else can we say?
Speaker 2: Just come up with robins else she's here. I don't live in DC, but oh that's true. Okay, never mind, we're done. All right, we got we got one more. We have a is the reasonably or it's a shady okay?
Speaker 1: Okay, so this one she says hi, girly pops.
Speaker 2: Okay, can we just talk about my loomy lip really quickly? So this is not on this They did not pay me to do this.
Speaker 1: But okay, so.
Speaker 2: This is a loomy lip stick lip gloss Okay, we I they sent me like five of these. When I open it up, guys, the top part has a light in it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if you're in the.
Speaker 2: Club which I go to all the time all the time, I could put my lip gloss on.
Speaker 1: You're in, but you're in bed by eight o'clock. I know the club, I know the time. Make it makes sense, right.
Speaker 2: But y'all know I have a mirror on the back of my phone, so I can pick up my mirror, put my little lip gloss on, and I can see what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Because of the light, I want to see it in the dark. We have to we have to, like go in the bathroom, turn the lights off so I can see see this in action.
Speaker 2: Just trust me.
Speaker 1: How does the light stay? I don't know. Is there a battery? Do you need to charge this thing?
Speaker 2: No? Nothing, I don't know, but I'm here for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cute loomy lip.
Speaker 2: I wish I would have thought about it. So have you tried it in the dark yet?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's everything or even like sometimes restaurants are dark. I take this if I can't read the menu and I light up the menu. Listen, I am ingenious, ingenue, ingenuitive, I'm that word.
Speaker 1: You're not that, I'm all those words. Okay, Yeah, I want to see it. I want to see it in action. Yeah, get your life. Yes, all right, So Blake, Tiffany or Blake. Okay, Blake, Blake says hi, girly pops Blake here day one watcher listener of rtop and reasonably shady, obsessed with you both. I want to know if this is reasonable or shady.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Speaking of COVID. During the height of COVID, my partner and I were leaving Target after shopping and noticed a cart that was just sitting in the parking lot. The cart was empty except a large package of toilet paper. We were already driving away, but I screamed in my partner to slam on the brakes and jump out of the car and ran across the parking lot to get this toilet paper, because remember, toilet paper was like, yeah, high demand wull supply. I grabbed that thing like my life depended on it and booked back to the car before anyone could say or see anything. I did feel a little guilty, but as you all know, that issue was hard to come by and expensive. Yes, anyway, let me know y'all thoughts. Love you both by e. So was that reasonable or shady? No?
Speaker 2: It was you are a criminal, It wasn't.
Speaker 1: It wasn't either. So no, But I don't think that's stuffed because it probably was paid for and someone paid for it. But somebody did and they forgot.
Speaker 2: It, and they forgot it, right.
Speaker 1: So you think they were gonna come they were gonna realize they forgot their toilet paper and come all the way back to Target thinking that it was still gonna be there. No, by the time they realized they forgot their toilet paper and came back, it was gonna be gone anyway.
Speaker 2: Right by the woman who stole it, and or.
Speaker 1: The other people who might steal it, or the people who work at the store who just put it back on the shelves. And then they make double as of the toilet paper that they sold twice.
Speaker 2: It's not reasonable shady, that's a crime.
Speaker 1: You're a thief. I think it's criminal. I think it's very reasonab. Okay, let me tell you what smart. No.
Speaker 2: I was coming out of Whole Foods one day.
Speaker 1: So if you saw a twenty dollars bill on the ground, you wouldn't take it.
Speaker 2: I was coming out of Whole Foods one day in Baltimore, and I was putting my clothes. I mean, my package is in the car, and I left my purse in the cart and I drove off, and I was like, holy shit. So I doubled back, skirt around the corner, skirt around the corner, got there and there was a guy standing next to the cart. He was about to take it. So I got I put the car in park, jumped out, grabbed my purse, gave him a look up and down, up and down, and then I got back up and down. Yes, yes, up, And then I got back in the car and I drove off. Okay, had I been what's the lady name Blake, had I been Blake or had he been Blake, I'd have been sure.
Speaker 1: He would have taken your purse.
Speaker 2: He'd have taken my person. And it was a Chanel purse at that Oh yes, see now that I still have to this see okay, if.
Speaker 1: But that's different. It's we turn on toilet paper and we're talking like someone's purse with all of their like belonging. So for me, if I saw toilet paper and it's clear that like the person forgot it, they probably left it on the bottom of the thing of the cart. They forgot it, I'm I'm probably gonna take it in COVID when then like tolet.
Speaker 2: People car to come by, Okay, right, but today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'll just yeah, yeah, I'll just leave it.
Speaker 2: Corey would or Carter because Carter we're gonna talk about sweet Green.
Speaker 1: What we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: We're because leave Carter out of this car. Okay, Corey might wind my okay, got it? Yeah, okay, Robert, you're in the ghetaway car.
Speaker 1: They're throwing a toilet paper into your take it off and we're taking off. I think I would like. I think I would like, hmm, there's some toilet paper there. Somebody left it. I mean they're probably gonna forget. They're not gonna come back. I mean, okay, all they're going to the store. All the store is gonna do is put it back on the shelf. Let me take it right, But if it was your purse, Oh my god, somebody left their purse, my purse. Let me. Oh, let me grab this purse and see if I can find their identification and figure out how to get it to them. Or oh my god, they left the purse. Let me walk it into the store to the like the security piece. Yes, yes, yes, the loss prevention people whatever. I scurried around at that corner and I got my pursepect But I just do. I believe in karma. I really do toilet paper.
Speaker 2: So then one day I'm not gonna be able to wipe my butt. I'm gonna be at a restaurant. But day okay, I'm gonna be at a restaurant. I think I have toilet paper. At the airport, I think toilet paper's there, and then I it like put the little sheet down, I sit down and there's nothing to wipe me. That's gonna happen. That's called karma, really, So you're.
Speaker 1: Just gonna let the store sell the toilet paper twice.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna go home and just in mind my business. I'm a good mind my business. So even though everybody thinks I'm in everybody's business. I'm not.
Speaker 1: Only when you're paid to do something. That's when I paid to do so I do it well. I do it so well. But like, I think that was reasonable. I'm kind of mad at you for that. And you know, if ever in that scenario again, I don't think there's anything.
Speaker 2: Wrong with that, Blake, you're wrong for that. And so if and oh you know what, I want Blake to write us back, okay, and let us know whether or not she got toilet paper karma, okay, because she probably did something.
Speaker 1: Probably had the house. Some didn't even realize it, didn't even realize it was connected to the COVID toilet paper fest.
Speaker 2: So so do some hard thinking, Blake before you get to typing, and let us know. Okay, Okay, is that fair?
Speaker 1: Sure? Okay, Yeah, I'd love to know.
Speaker 2: All right, we are, we out here, We got more.
Speaker 1: We could just do one more, just a little fact check. Honestly, I think we need to start a new segment called fact check, called shady fact check.
Speaker 2: But thanks thanks for fact checking us. Yes, Carly's gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Carly's gone, and even mccrley was here. We still I can't tell me messages we would get that's not what happened. So here's a fact check. Okay, we were talking about Beyonce not being nominated for the Country Music Awards, and I said that Taylor Swift won the Grammy over Beyonce. So Todd McMurray writes, Hey, ladies, on your most most recent podcast, you mentioned how Renaissance lost to Taylor Swift. It was actually Harry Styles, not Taylor. I don't even remember that, but I remember. I guess that's not what you said. That's not what we said.
Speaker 2: I said she lost against toyonce a long time ago. Taylor beat Beyonce.
Speaker 1: No no, no, I said, you said, we said we thought Renaissance should have won a Grammy, okay, right, and I and I said, and you were like, who won the Grammy? And I said Taylor Swift? Oh okay, So I was wrong. It was actually Harry Styles. I know this because I remember how entertaining his album was. He talked about doing cocaine, eating a female body part, and walking through fire for it all. It was crazy. I too wanted Renaissance to in, but Harry's House was good. To listen to the album. If you ever get a chance. So anyway, that was a fact check. I stand corrected. If that's thanks for that fact check. And I actually enjoyed that.
Speaker 2: Because I didn't know Harry was talking about eating women's body part right and doing coke and listen, that's a whole lot. What body part did he eat?
Speaker 1: And how did it taste right? Did he put ketch up on it?
Speaker 2: Go? Put it on?
Speaker 1: Put the did you put ketch up on it? Salt and pepa?
Speaker 2: All Right, we gotta go, guys. We love y'all so much. Don't ever forget to live your life. Either reasonable or sures or bold bide. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the ieheart Radio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen
Speaker 2: To your favorite shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady