Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, are you ready? Shit? So about that hit the fair? Welcome to on sanction Thursdays are wrestling with Friday. What's up? Everybody?
Speaker 2: Welcome to unsanctioned Thursday with Me is mister Jeff Dye who was at WrestleMania. I'm Freddy Prince Junior. Let's start the show. Today's show is shorter because Thursday. If you're new to the show, Thursdays is a shorter episode. There's no real rules, so if we get sidetracked, we just kind of stay sidetracked. So hopefully we'll stay on topic.
Speaker 1: But we holden to nobody ha ha.
Speaker 2: Except the people. The people are the reason the show exists, so we're beholden to you. But since you have no means of reaching us except our Instagram, I guess we're not beholding to you either, so ha Again. Anyway, WrestleMania Happened. Night one is over. If you missed that episode, it's the Wednesday one.
Speaker 1: Go back check it out. This is night too.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get right to it. The Undisputed WWE Championship John Cena versus Cody Rhoades. I'm gonna start by saying this the right dude one, the right dude one. The way they got there to me was a little weird. I didn't they brought in Travis Scott, and I didn't understand that interference. And once he grabbed the ref and pulled him out, that's a DQ. So once the ref comes too from his concussion, he goes, oh, this fool pulled me out, that's the DQ, and the match should have been over. So that confused me a little bit, and I didn't think it was necessary because I thought the story they were telling in there was pretty friggin good, and the commentators got it and they were putting it over in the story was yo, this guy used to beat up on Cody all the time, like Cody could never whip his ass. And it's big dog little dog syndrome. Like once the little dog owned the big dog when he was a puppy. When all of a sudden, the big dog is bigger than the one that used to bully him, he can't bully back, like he still gets bullied by the little dog. That was kind of the story. Commentary was putting through a dog analogy. Yeah, and I got a lot of them, and so I thought all that was cool, and then the Travis Scott thing happened, and I was just like, I don't I didn't need any I didn't need any of that. So that was weird to me, But I still thought the match was solid. Besides all that, the Tug Awards, why do you say that it's the right guy won? Why do you say that? Story wise? I think if Cody won, first of all, there's no farewell tour for John Cena after that because it would just be a failure of a tour and he wouldn't have made good on his promise. But I think there wouldn't have been a story for Cody going forward. They hadn't prepped anybody, they hadn't gotten anything ready. This gives Cody another hill to climb because they're going to wrestle again at SummerSlam, and Cody's going to win the title back and get it back because he's he's the new John Cena, so he's getting it back. John Cena would lose to Randy Orton, but they had to give John, I think, the nod over Rick Flair and give him that seventeenth one. I think John deserved that. I think John just was the champion of the company when it was a thankless job to have when it was the PG era, and his matches would have to be on before the last hour because kids would go to bed, and not everybody wanted that job, and John took it and ran with it and became Captain America. And I think because of all those things that he'd done for the company, and story wise, I think it's the right thing for Cody's character. That's why I thought it was the right thing. I didn't want him to win. I wanted the good guy to win because I like Cody, but I think story wise the right guy won. But again I didn't get the end thing, and the togal war they did with the belt looked really weird to me. Well deep breath, oh, deep breath oh.
Speaker 1: I think that this is the biggest WrestleMania fail in the history of WrestleMania in my opinion, Why No Rock? Why I would have liked the Why No Rock? What are we doing? Why did he even put himself in the story weeks ago or months ago? If he's not, if we don't get this big payoffs, he's not, he like he could no appearance, don't care. And also you're in the story. So now you're it makes no sense that you're not in the story. I don't care that Travis Scott's there. I don't know if you like We like his clothes and you like his Oh he's so hip and cool. Travis Scott. He actually punched Cody Rhoades. Did you see that he really hit him that one time? I don't care. I want the Rock, that's the goat, that's the final boss. The Travis Scott is just like seeing me at WrestleMania or Fluffy Guy or Michael Chay or George Kittle. He's he shouldn't even be in there for in my opinion, So no Rock, I think, is the biggest failure of this story that I've that I've ever seen. Also, I didn't like if John John Cena's whole shtick is kind of like you, wrestling fans don't deserve me. You've never deserved me or appreciate the way he should. So I'm not going to give you a new entrance song. I'm not going to give you a new costume and gimmick. And his whole thing is he doesn't even sell anything. Even his facial expressions are just a no sell, right, if that's the if that's what we're running with, then why does he walk to the ring for eight minutes with like why even have an entrance? Treat him like a job or just he'll make him wait in the ring. But when when the you know, when the match starts, he's already in there, and then then he could go, hey, you know, but we could save some time, maybe get somebody in that locker room. They're not using a match because I don't know why, I've got to watch him walk to the ninety million mile ramp. If there's no new music, there's just a black screen. So that was where the match itself. Some great spots, and I liked it and I was fine with it, but very very very underwhelming for a main event of a night two WrestleMania and no Rock, I think makes it the biggest stinker I've ever seen in a story.
Speaker 2: Jumping back to yesterday, we loved well. I loved Dominic Mysterio before all of you, before all of you, before me.
Speaker 1: I tried.
Speaker 2: I tried to tell y'all that he was a good dude, that he was the good guy in all this, that those evil women were playing games and tricks on him, and now.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows Jeff.
Speaker 2: Now everybody sees it, and everybody in Las Vegas, all sixty thousand of them, if those were the real numbers. Jeff said that yesterday, I wanted to say it today. Now they all saw it, and they started cheering for Dominic Mysterio. They love him. Finn Balor's gonna have beef. You gotta just deal with the beef. You gotta deal with the Finn. You gotta just deal with it because now he's super super over and instead of booing when he talks, they're going to start cheering. And I don't know if he's gonna know what to fucking do. It's gonna be telling insane.
Speaker 1: I've never been bad about my history. I've never rewrote history, and I've always been a real good keeper of history. And I was the biggest Dominick Mysterio hater ever. I was like, this guy's terrible body, terrible look. He doesn't even look like he could grow facial hair. He looks like he's never been in a gym. I hated what he was wearing. The whole thing was terrible to me. And he's a star and the even his action figure looks cool because there's just so many things about him that are great. Alex, I'd like you to put a side by side of that first Dominique we got when he turned on his dad to now that is talking about movie to your voice. And he also found his voice quick, which was amazing. So anyways, I am a Bandwagon Dominic fan, but I am I am a true fan.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's no bandwagon. The train's still at the station. Anybody who wants to I haven't taken left the station yet. I've got plenty of room on this train. Everyone can jump on with us. I'll put a sweet Mysterio mustache on the front of the train. On the caboose, I got a nice long drapery going down the back. I've dressed all the cars the same way he dresses for his matches. The Mysterio rain is ready, man, and we're taking anybody who wants to jump on and welcome. This isn't I'm not like a Star Wars gatekeeper fan. You you didn't like the first three, so you're not allowed to like any other thing ever. Nah, jump on board. Everybody's welcome, man. Yeah, because Dominick's a kind man. I try to lead by by example, and he made the example. He's made me a nicer man. Before Dominick, I was kind.
Speaker 1: Of a prick. That's not true at all, none of that. You don't know. Also, I was gonna say, like, you know, if you were a wrestler, Freddy, would you wear the strap or the title or as the people who like to get yelled at by Vince McMahon call it a belt. Would you wear it over your shoulder when you come out? If you're the champ, would you wear it? What would be? What? What? How would you hold the belt?
Speaker 2: I would be a shoulder guy because I'm not a body guy. Like if I was super jacked right, like big, big fucking chest, big fucking lats, big ass shoulders, like everything upper body big. Even if I had chicken legs, I still would be buff up top. Then I would rock it around the waist.
Speaker 1: But I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm more like lean, so I gotta be an over the shoulder guy. Like Alexa Blizz did that cool shit where she'd like put.
Speaker 1: It on like the side behind her head and.
Speaker 2: Over this like that. I was like, that looks cool, but not for you.
Speaker 1: We used to wear it like over their face kind of like he would wear.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I think that Eel Sky I think has done that too, and it looked cool.
Speaker 1: But I've seen a dude do it too.
Speaker 2: I don't remember, but yeah, dude, So I'd probably just be an over the shoulder. Guy, I'm not creative enough to do something cool with it.
Speaker 1: Well, what's crazy is I was The reason I bring it up is because I'd be aware it. Guy, I don't know why. I just like it. You're super could pull it off a long course, I probably like it. But the I was. What I was gonna say is like, there is no new way to do it. Everyone's done it in some sort of way, is what I used to think. Dominic, how he wears that shirt in between his legs, you know, how like he has kind of I don't know if that's what if that's a Latino thing or I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Is cool ass Dominic mystioh.
Speaker 1: I mean he pulls it off, but whatever that is that he's kind of got like that a shirt kind of draping on the sides and in the middle of what he of what he's wearing. When he got the belt, he was kind of holding the belt down there and I was like, oh, he found a new way to do the thing with the title. I was like this, this guy isn't amazing, Like Dominique continues to impress me.
Speaker 2: He's the ship, bro, here's the ship. What else should we talk about? There was some other good man, I mean, we can talk EO Bianca Rhea with EO retaining, which I think surprised everyone.
Speaker 1: That shocked me. I was I would have lost all my money on that. I would have thought, no way, she holds it.
Speaker 2: So I thought. I thought Bianca was going to win and she was going to pin EO. And then when they introduced EO first, I had this weird flashback to the Rick Flair retirement WrestleMania, where the the fight for the championship was Sena versus Orton versus Triple H, and the whole story leading up to it was Triple H and Sena and Randy Orton was this afterthought, and I had this weird flashback of the promos between these women and el Sky was kind of always an afterthought and being like pushed aside, pushed aside, pushed aside, and I was like, I wonder if they're gonna do the Randy Orton thing, and I was like, Noah, they're not going to do it, and I dismissed it.
Speaker 1: I didn't call this match. I was wrong.
Speaker 2: I picked Bianca and then the matches going on, matches going on, all of a sudden, she hits her fitt.
Speaker 1: I was like, holy shit, they did the Randy Orton thing.
Speaker 2: And then he came out Monday Night Ron and I was like, were you expecting someone else? I wonder if she's going to do that something similar to that on this Monday Night Raw if she does the Japanese equivalent to were you expecting someone else?
Speaker 1: Because that would be gangster if she did.
Speaker 2: But those chicks are badass Bianca Belle Air. This was one of her best matches ever, like the personality she showed in the ring, whether she was playing heal or face, and she kind of had to do both in the match, which was weird because the crowd was like, you know, boo, we like Rha, and then they were like, no, you're actually so awesome. We like you too, just as much like they couldn't really, they couldn't really pick who their favorite was. But I like, I like wrestling when it's good man and those chicks kicked ass. They just they just kicked ass. They're all so different too, they all have a totally different style. But Bianca might be the baddest motherfucker out there.
Speaker 1: Like, she just loved this match. She's confused though, that they had the exact same finish as the three way match with penta bron breaker and.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah that was a four way Finn and dom Yeah.
Speaker 1: Am I missing this up? There was the same finish. What was the other three way match off the top rope for the pin?
Speaker 2: I think it might have been the four way. Yeah, it was the four way because Dominic came off the top rope and got the pin on Finn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was the same finish. And I remember going, I think I just saw that.
Speaker 2: Like we already saw that's that's interesting. I just kind of I think you're right. I think you might be right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that but I was shocked that she won, but fine with it after I gave it some thought, because I'm like, well, Ria didn't really earn her way into this match, and Biancabella is a star and has been the champ for a long time, and we can keep this good story going. It's like, let's just leave the leave the title on Eosky and you know this, let's just continue things as as as we are already headed, which is not what I usually think for WrestleMania. I usually think of WrestleMania as like this is the end of all the stories, so that maybe that's why I was surprised, but it was, it was. It was a great match, and I love the high flying. I love she did a ton of really great luchador esque high flying, which I appreciated.
Speaker 2: Jeff, are you going to be anywhere this weekend?
Speaker 1: Can the people find you this weekend? I will be in Arizona at a stand up live. Get tickets or go to jeffdi dot com you can get tickets for that or any of the other places I'm gonna be. I'm gonna be in Nashville soon, in Miami soon, Port Charlotte, Florida soon. So check me out and.
Speaker 2: Rate this WrestleMania out of all the WrestleManias you've seen or gone to, as far as like like one to ten me not like you don't have to say this is the third the third greatest role that's too hard, but like one to tenant, what did you think.
Speaker 1: So I've always been a real extreme guy where I give like if I like something, I'm like ten. It's I'm not like port Nooy, where like I can have the best pizza in the world and give it a six point five. If I like a thing, it's a ten, and if I and if I didn't like it, I give it a one. That's usually how I grate it. But for this I will say that WrestleMania was an eight because there was little parts of disappointment, but I still really really enjoyed it and had a good time, so still an eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the crust was crispy, the sauce was.
Speaker 1: He's a one bite, one bite, and then he just keeps nibbling. You're like, those are bites.
Speaker 2: The first ten bites count as one bite, all right, that's just pizza.
Speaker 1: That's pizza rules right there. The same with nachos.
Speaker 2: That's why you can have one bite of nachos not gain weight even though it's ten.
Speaker 1: Every wife, no, one bite is just really one bite.
Speaker 2: Of your food is usually how it works. And you're like, no, I ordered the steak. You didn't want the steak. You wanted the fish, and now half my steak is fucking gone, and I don't want to eat half your fish because I didn't want to taste that. Every dude out there knows how I feel on behalf of Jeff Die.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty friends you. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: You guys. Make sure you subscribe, give us ratings, all that stuff, Give us the love, find us on social media.
Speaker 1: We love you, guys, poos