Speaker 1: Hi, everybody. Welcome to another edition of Packers Unscripted from Packers dot Com. I am Mike Spofford, joined as always by my partner in crime, Weston hod Koitz. We're coming to you here from our studios at Lambeufield. Wes here to talk about Packer's Family Night. It took place on Saturday evening inside Lambellfield. More than sixty thousand fans was the official attendance. And I'll just start with this. I've covered a lot of family nights over the years, been to more than my share, and they all start to run together after a while. Unfortunately, the ones that we usually remember are for bad reasons, like when Brian Beloga tours ACL or when Mason and Crosby had a horrible night and we all thought he was going to be replaced as the Packers kicker.
Speaker 2: Was the same night?
Speaker 1: Was it? That? Was that that same night?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was thinking they were with back to best seat. That's what I mean by it all runs together. I thought those were back to back years. Actually those were on the same night. Okay, Well, anyway, My point is we usually don't remember family nights for good reasons or really exciting things. But I'm gonna remember this one because of that young man who was in front of those sixty thousand fans and was catching those punts like nobody's business man. What a night, what a what an event, what an activity, and a lifetime memory for that young football player from Wapawon, Wisconsin, just down the road.
Speaker 2: I was doing my little walk down to the locker room with Rob Dumovsky match Schneidman after the practice and what was that after the game, and we were kind of like, so what happened tonight? Like what was the big storyline? And we all agreed it was that young dude from upon, like we should have him at the podium because sometimes like when there's a big game that guys have Aaron Jones, you know, four touchdowns or Shan Gary three sacks, they'll go to the podium in addition to the quarterback and the head coach. We should have had that dude fucking there too. Get a little stepping stool he can get up on the podium.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, boy.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, though, have you ever seen, especially in a family night practice, a sideline come alive the way that the Packers did. Jordan Love running out there.
Speaker 1: Those guys were fired up.
Speaker 2: Man, everybody was just so geeked for this kid. And you know, watching Rich Bisaccia, who can be kind of a stoic, cerebral serious man, just come on glued for him and everybody. Once the kid had the two, everybody wanted him to get the third one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, nobody wanted that third hit the ground like yeah, it was, it was, it was. It was impressive. I give him a lot of credit. He had he had those first two, he shoved him over into his left arm, had him cradled there, and then he managed to pin the third one kind of on his chest and against the other footballs like right in the you know, the same moment. Man. He couldn't have drawn it up anybody.
Speaker 2: No, it was fun. And to hear the crowd, you know, over more than sixty thousand people in attendance respond to that and just get that type of ovation. I mean, that's a memory that's gonna last a lifetime for him. But by and large, I thought it brought a lot of energy to lambeau Field as well on one of the most fun nights of the year.
Speaker 1: Well as far as the actual Packers players are concerned, I thought we kind of go through family, just back and forth talking about who we thought stood out here and there, starting with the offensive side of the ball. For me, I thought Jordan Love got off to a fast start in that practice. I thought early on in the eleven on elevens things were really clicking, especially with regard to play action passes. He was finding some throwing lanes and having his way with the defense a little bit. That started to shift later on, as we'll talk about I knew you wrote about Romeo Dobbs. He was very impressive once again continuing a very strong training camp, and I'll let you expand on that as well. But another guy that actually we didn't really write or talk too much about it when we did our three things and the stories we wrote and whatnot, But I thought Sean Clifford had a pretty solid night. Not to say that everything went perfect or that he was lighting things up or whatnot, but there were moments in that practice where I felt like Sean Clifford was was, I guess, I would say, more in command of the offense and everything that was going out there. Then maybe we had seen in some places earlier in camp or during the spring, and I thought it was. I thought it was a really nice step forward for him with the preseason now where we're expecting him to play quite a bit. The preseason now is right around the cour.
Speaker 2: Well, and there is a big difference when you're taking on that number two defense as opposed to having you know, Rashaun Gary breathing down your neck, you know, quite a bit just because he is Rashaun Gary. And I feel like since Sean went back, you know, with that number two unit here over the past week and a half, you've seen a difference in him, particularly in those two minute periods. He was not without flaw. In the final drive of practice on Saturday, almost got picked by Robert Rochelle, but he survived that and led the offense down to accomplish what they needed to accomplish, which was getting into field goal range. And again I think he was five to nine on that series, fifty two yards maybe somewhere around there, and got him in the position that they wanted to get into, although they did push back the kicks to try a longer attempt when Andras Carlson and Greg Joseph did go on the field. So this quarterback battle in seeing how it all plays out. I always tell people don't rush to conclusions and what you see, and that goes for whether it's Jordan Love, Sean Clifford, or Michael Pratt, because this death as a marathon, and if you are not even at the preseason games yet, you really have not learned a whole lot other than just seeing maybe some of the adverse moments that guys have gone through and how they respond to it. So Clifford is a guy that has been here, I thought, put together a tremendous training camp, a tremendous offseason to run away with that number two job last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And while I think Michael Pratt has done some good things, seeing Clifford still run with the twos and Pratt with the threes shows you just how much of a difference there can be as opposed to, you know, having a full year in the system and understanding exactly what Matt Lafluur is looking for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think as this training camp moves forward now, the from what we've heard anyway from Matt Lafleur, it sounds like the installation phase of the playbook is pretty much done. So now you're going to get into reviewing things there's going to be even more of the situational stuff in some respects. You know, they'll be doing some preparing for the preseason games, particularly with those reserve units. And I'll be interested to see the steps forward that these backup quarterbacks takes. As that you know, the basic installs of the offense are done, I think that can start to free up the mind a little bit, maybe not quite so much thinking and just reacting and playing football out there. And I'm eager to see what those young guys do, because the talent with both of those quarterbacks is evident. It's it's just about continuing to progress, to gain, to gain the command, to gain the command of the offense, both sort of physically and mentally well.
Speaker 2: And the way I like in it too is it's almost like you got the undergraduate degree with everything.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Both of those guys played a huge number of snaps, a huge number of games in college, basically full starters their entire time they were in college.
Speaker 1: Both had forty plus college start Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Once you finally transition over to the National Football League, now you're in the graduate school. I mean, now you're starting to learn the ins and outs of an NFL offense and how quickly things speed up. And you know, Sean Clifford is such a gamer. I've always I felt like that's what makes him a really good prospect as a backup quarterback because he can enter into that chaos and he can find production, he can find success. How does Michael Pratt respond to those moments? Both of those guys. I don't know how much we're going to see Jordan Love this preseason. I'm sure that's the question that is going to be asked day in and day out this week. But by and large, the preseason is going to belong to Sean Clifford, with getting some Michael pract you know, sprinkled in there as well. So that's where this test comes. And if you go back and look at what Jordan Love did when he was shadowing you know, Aaron Rodgers for those three years, at least two years that he had the preseason with it, he had to make the most of those chances. And now this will be Clifford's opportunity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't know if there's another player on the offensive side of the ball for the Packers that looks more ready for Week one right now than Romeo Dobbs. That guy looks like he could go out and you know, like he did in the Dallas playoff game, you know, nine catches for one hundred and fifty yards or whatever. He looks like he'd go out and do that tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so many people have tried to draw comparisons with him a lot of times two Packers receivers. I didn't cover the beginning of Jordan Nelson's time with the Packers. I didn't cover full on as a full time writer. You know, Randall cobbs first few seasons. But what strikes me about Dobbs and why I don't think there's a great comp for him, is that he came in as a rookie fourth round pick two years ago and looked like a legitimate NFL receiver from day one. I'm not saying he did everything perfect, but just how calm and cool and collected he was, and how he handled that adversity year one when both him and Christian Watson were sort of thrown out there with all the other injuries and things that happened with this receiving court. And since then he has just continued to expand his resume. But the number one thing when people ask me about Romeo Dobbs or all these different receivers, that just jumps out of the page about him is how proficient he is in the red zone. It shouldn't be that easy, Michael. You will have thousand yard receivers in the National Football League that'll have one or two touchdown catches an entire season. Yeah, because that's just not a part of their game. Romeo Dobbs, whether it was on that goal line fade that he caught over Keshawn Nixon, whether it was on the slant that he ran before that, the guy has just an unquantifiable ability to find space, and even when he doesn't, he gets his hands on footballs and finds touchdowns. When you talk about what you want in a National Football League receiver, the way he carries himself, the way he runs routes, the way his hands have been since the day he walked in the building. I don't know what it equates to. I don't know what the numbers are gonna look like. But when number eighty seven is on the field for the Green Bay Packers, you feel really good about their offensive chances.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Romeo Dobbs is He's practically the definition of a receiver who attacks the football. He doesn't catch the football, he attacks it and and that's the thing that stands out about him that is so impressive. Hard at this point, you know, we're two weeks into training camp, really hard to get a sense of where things are with the Packers running game. Obviously, we've talked before about in earlier episodes on the show about some of the shuffling going on in the offensive line. The good news there, it sounds like Zach Tom will be back in eleven on eleven drills this week, according to Matt le Floor when he was asked about that after the family night workout. So, getting Zach Tom back as you're starting right tackle, hopefully that can help to stabilize some things. And when we get into the preseason games, you know, I know the starters, if they're gonna play, they're not gonna play a whole bunch. But it's really not until the preseason games that we get an idea of where the Packers are with their running game, because then it's finally the live tackling and and you know things are are for real. It's so hard to tell. It just does it just doesn't feel like this Packers ground game has has gotten itself established like where where it wants to be and and Josh Jacobs has missed some practices. That's certainly a factor there as well. But that's gonna be something I'll be keeping my eye on as as we get closer to the to the preseason games. Here. On the defensive side of the ball, we've already mentioned his name, Rashaun Gary. There hasn't been a backup right tackle on this Packers offensive line that can block him. I mean, let's just be honest. They've all they've been rotating different guys in Zach Tom's absence, and they've all had their trouble with Rashaan Gary. So that's the other matchup to watch here moving forward is now that Zach Tom will be back at right tackle. You know, how how does he do against Rashaun Gary. I thought in the defensive back field a few guys really stood out to me in terms of their play on Saturday night. I thought Eric Stokes had a defent night at corner. I thought Javon Bullard really showed some aggression attacking the ball from the defensive side of things, breaking up a couple of passes and I'll give another tip of the cap to uh to Kylan King, the rookie seventh round pick out of Penn State. I was watching, I know, you had your binoculars on and you were watching the offensive defensive line one on ones that were way at one end of the field. I was watching the pass catcher, pass defender one on ones that were in the that were in the other end zone. And Kaylan King he goes out there, he's he's he's a slot guy for a couple of one on one reps. Now, slot cornerback one on one in the end zone, You've got no chance. I mean, you know, when you're an outside corner, okay, you take inside leverage, you make the guy run the fade, and then you try to defend the fade. Right, Well, if you're in the slot and it's a one on one in the end zone and there's nobody else out there, there's nothing you can I mean, it is it is way too easy for these quarterbacks and receivers to hook up for a touchdown. And King gave up a couple of touchdowns on his first couple of reps, and it looked like, you know things just you know, he wasn't quite into it. Well. Then by the end of that drill he did get a pass breakup on I believe it was his third rep and the one on ones in the end zone. And as I've as I, you know, I said with caylen King when he got the interception of Jordan Love earlier in training camp, when that young guy makes a play, then suddenly, like you know, his game starts to rise, his game goes to another level. And I thought we saw him really getting after it in the eleven on eleven and I thought it was, you know, kind of his pass breakup at the end of the one on ones that that sparked him a little bit. And and again for a young guy crowded position room trying to make his way see where he fits, you know, earn a place on this roster and on this team, I thought he had another He acquitted himself pretty well for the first time under the lights at Lambo.
Speaker 2: To expand this out to the entire secondary, I feel like the Packers have gotten what they wanted out of this draft class in terms of being able to push the guys that have already been on this roster, looking specifically at safety first, Matt Lafleur talking last week about the camp that Anthony Johnson Junior has put together as a guy that's trying to sort of defend a potential starting position in the secondary after being there for most of the off season program. The thing that I get a kick out of is that whenever time they put in Bullard like they did on Saturday Night, or they have Evan Williams in there, it just seems like whoever the safety has been, I've walked away from that practice going yeah, that could be the guy, and then the next guy comes in and does something good. They all offer something different. What's gonna help Williams and Bullard is the fact that they have that versatility to play the slot. I think we very easily could see either of them in the dime at some point as well, absolutely, just based on what their credentials are and their ability to move down. But looking at cornerback, it's such a unique position because that was the one that Green Bay didn't address. They drafted three safeties before they drafted a cornerback. They waited until day three, fourth the last pick I believe it was to draft King and this guy, Mike. It happens all the time in the league. You see it. Guys like Micah Hyde. They don't run the world's fastest forty time, and everybody kind of puts them in a box. But it's how do they play the game? Do they play at that speed or do they play faster? What has impressed me about King is just how quickly he plays, And you are one hundred percent right when the confidence is there, when the snowball starts building, this guy gets faster and faster and more confident and triggers even quicker. And when he's made plays, that's when he's doing it. He's triggering, and I could see why. That's why the Packers feel like that could potentially be a good spot for him in the slot, because it's allowing him to use his body more and it's allowing him to use those deductive skills to go out there and do it. Preseason is gonna be a huge challenge. That's gonna be the next step for him. The joint practice with Denver. I can't wait to watch it. But for the Green Bay Packers to invest the resources that they did in the draft in that safety and secondary, in cornerback, the secondary, I love everything I've seen because all these guys, I've looked at them and said to myself, that's what you want to see in terms of being able to rise the standard in that room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to. There's you know, we always talk about the short memory and things like that at cornerback, and that's something that anybody who plays that position you have to learn. You have to have that mentality. There's also a fearlessness you have to have to play that position. You can't be you can't be afraid that you're gonna get flagged for past interference or some kind of contact. It's gonna happen. I mean, nobody's gonna go through a season or even a month, you know, flag free. At that position, you have to have the fearlessness. And we saw that. We saw sort of that level of fearlessness early on last year with Carrington Valentine as a seventh rounder when he got thrown into the mix because of the injuries and he was playing in games like more than we ever expected. I'm seeing a little bit of that, you know already with with Cale and King, and I'm eager to see, you know, kind of where he goes and where he takes it from here. I got to take care of some sponsor business here Wes before I forget serious. XMNFL Radio delivers hard hitting analysis and up to the minute NFL news that true football fanatics need twenty four to seven, three sixty five and had cousin subs. We have something for everyone like our Wisconsin cheese curds, mac and cheese, golden fries and creamy shakes, all paired with your favorite sub or sub and a bowl Cousin Subs. Fifty plus years of better for as shift gears touring their topic, any anybody, anything else on the defensive side of the ball from Family Night that you want to point out.
Speaker 2: If I can just mention quickly, it veers more into the offensive side of things because I was watching those one on ones and hearing and seeing Caleb Jones talk about it. This is the first time Caleb Jones, the huge left tackle prospect, tackle prospect the Packers have been developing the past two years, he was able to get in there with the number ones a little bit in this practice, and he was talking to Paul Brettel about this in the locker room afterwards, and the challenge of trying to block Overshawn Gary and acknowledging that he got him on a play, and then there was a play where he got him too.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: On the other side of things, I'm telling you, man, when it comes down to it, the way that Rashaun Gary plays his position and the way he practices, there might be better outside linebackers and pass rushers in the National Football League than Gary. You're not going to get anybody that goes harder at you in a practice than he does. That is the ultimate litmus test for I think these tackles and these guys that are competing for that swing tackle role, which is now you look at Caleb Jones being back from the hamstring, He's in that. Kadem Telford has gotten a lot of number one reps camp, and then certainly Andre Dillard is the veteran, and then Luke Tanuda I thought had a really good family night as well. He looked good on some of the right guard stuff he was doing. In addition to later in the practice working at tackle, You're not going to see a stiffer test than Rashaun Gary. But I'll close on this when spinging it back to the defense, what Green Bay has done on the defensive line, Michael it is so gosh darn deep, and they're so healthy right now at that position. Yeah, knock on wood Yeah, but you look at last year like I was sitting there and I've had this conversation with eight people already about Jonathan Ford, the seventh round pick from two years ago. The fact that he hasn't been able to get up on the fifty three. Well, I don't think it's for a lack of talent. I think it's because of how healthy the Packers have been there. When you have a TJ. Slayton that's made the strides that they've been looking for. When you have a DeVante Wyatt that took a ginormous jump last year, going from a very rotational player to a guy that had five and a half sacks. Kolby Wooden has put on weight and looks more dynamic and has been playing a little bit of defensive end as well. In Carl Bradford has been a revelation. Brooks, Carl Brooks, excuse me, God bless you. Carl Bradford.
Speaker 1: Carl Bradford, Yes, former Packer, former Packer draft pick hasn't been around for a while.
Speaker 2: It's been about ten years. But Carl Brooks in four sacks last year and looks even more confident this year. When you talk about the shift, yeah, a lot of that is Jeff Affley, but a lot of it is having almost like a college football team now that is getting older and more experienced and more confident what's being asked of them. And as they build that experience, Mike, it just makes them even more dangerous.
Speaker 1: I want to throw this out at you because this is something I've been wondering about and we haven't had a chance to talk about it on the sideline yet, so I'm kind of putting you on the spot. But you and I have both been impressed with Carl Brooks and what he's done since he arrived here. And what I've been trying to figure out, and maybe I'm maybe I'm splitting hairs and it's all semantics or whatever, but what I've been trying to figure out is did that guy last until the sixth round because he was playing at Bowling Green, Or did he last until the sixth round because he doesn't have You know that he doesn't have that physical look to him of a defensive lineman, of a typical NFL defensive lineman. You don't look at that guy and say, oh, he's he's a classic NFL D lineman. He looks different from a physical standpoint, but you but then you watch him play. You watch him play and it's and it's like it the you know whatever the I don't want to say the word limitations because that's not right. The the atypical look to his physical attributes. Uh, it doesn't matter because because the guy has proven he can play. So I'm just wondering, did you know when I think about all the stuff that goes on, you know, in the pre draft process and and you know, the when you look at like, you know, the combine and they do the weigh in and like all this kind of stuff, did a whole bunch of NFL scouts look at him and just go, well, he doesn't doesn't have any physic attributes that excite me. So I'm gonna, you know, put him down the list. Or was it because of the bowling green in the school that he came from or some combination of the two. I just wonder, because he since the day he got here, he's impressed me as a young man who has figured out how to hold his own in the NFL and I don't think we're anywhere close to seeing how good he might be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's a great question you ask. I mean, first and foremost, I understand the kickoff is changing this year, but when was the last time you've ever seen a defensive lineman as an up blocker on a kickoff? I mean, that's where they were lining them up when they were starting practice, as one of the guys right behind the initial line. It shows you with his athleticism mixed with his size, there's some interesting intangibles there. Yeah, he was. He busted through some definitions with how he played edge rusher in college, and I'm sure that equated too. Well, he's too big to be a stand up linebacker in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's it. Maybe just maybe there were a bunch of scouts that just did think he fit right or something that he just you know, be But I give I give, I give the Packers credit. They they they found this guy. I certainly wasn't really even aware of him, you know, come going into that that draft last year, and uh, and I think he's I think he's gonna he can be a really really big part of things, not only this year, but just as his career progress.
Speaker 2: And if one thing of you know, over a decade covering the National Football League has taught me and watching the evolution of defensive football, you know, from the from the Mike Daniels to the to the Ryan Picketts to to a guy like TJ. Slayton now is at the end of the day, it comes down to can you move the man that's in front of you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Can you get the leverage, can you get the pad level? Can you do everything there is to check all those boxes to win? I think some body types like Kenny Clark really lend themselves to it. Six foot three, just tough as nails, three hundred and fifteen pounds, is gonna put his feet in the dirt. You're gonna have a hard time pushing him back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then you got guys like you know Brooks and like Kobe Wooden that do things a little bit differently but also find ways to be disruptive. And I think that's really exciting and in credit to you know, this is a new generation. Jason Riverovich has taken this room under his wing between the defensive ends and the defensive tackles, and these guys have taken to it it's not just rhetoric. It's not just you know, platitudes in the locker room when they talk about the buy in and when Jeff Athley talks about the buy in, I think you've seen it in these first ten practices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, last thing before we go, big night for the kickers on family. They got a lot of work, you know, multiple periods where they were out there with multiple kicks. Would have been fun to see one, if not both of them make the fifty seven yard or right at the end. They were really challenged with a long kick because previous to that they had both nailed kicks from fifty five yards and Anders Carlson's actually from fifty five was good by a long shot, like he absolutely drilled out one. Unfortunately both guys missed from fifty seven. But uh, but pretty decent night for both kickers. When I you know, when I get asked you know who's who's winning the kicking competition, all that I will say is statistically Greg Joseph is ahead. He has missed fewer field goals than Anders Carlson. But I don't like to pretend to know, you know, what the evaluations are behind the scenes, So I will just I will just say statistically Joseph has the lead. But but I thought both of those guys performed pretty well. And uh, and you know, we'll see what We'll see what unfolds in the preseason.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you this, Mike, we again, it's ten practices. We have not played a preseason game yet. Things can change. Uh. I think it is an absolute tragedy that Greg Joseph just isn't already a kicker in this league. I'm this guy the way he's performed for two weeks, two and a half weeks in indigen impress the offseason program, that this guy is an NFL kicker. Yeah, and it's not just well he boots the ball far or anything is he explained last week and you were a part of that scrum. His mentality. This is a guy that has been through the wars. He has one jobs, he has lost jobs, he has been an unrestricted free agent, had to sit there for a month waiting for another opportunity. I don't get how it led to this where it was like for green Bay, standpoint fantastic for them. This has been a great addition And I formally believe I'm writing this in the Insider Inbox this week that Andras Carlson and Greg Joseph both have what it takes to kick in the National Football League. That I agree, it's just a question of which guy's doing it for this team, right, I agree. But that being said, I think it has been the perfect foil. That's not the right connotation to the word I want to use to talk about that because it's been a very respectful battle between those two. But it's been the perfect competition and the guy I think to push honors in what you were looking for in this because as you said, both guys had good nights. The practices haven't been with the exception of maybe one well one guy went six for six and another went two for six and it was very decided. No, it was both of these guys more often than not, one six for six, ones five for six. And and to be honest with you, that last kick at the end of the night, Mike, they had already been on like eight or nine full operation. Oh, I know that that's the thing. It was.
Speaker 1: That was a That was a long night for those guys. They got a lot of work and uh and yeah, to be to be challenged with a fifty seven yarder at the end of a long practice like that. That was that was tough duty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it didn't surprise me that that they both ended up missing. But I think the competition has been really good. And but like I've told people, and I said it an insider inbox last week, I saw Georgio Tabaccio get out to a commanding lead over Mason Crosby in twenty thirteen at that family night, Mason one of his worst nights of his career. Yeah, couldn't make anything. And then within two weeks Mason had made the corrections, Georgio was out. It's even happen that fast, and it's all about as Greg Joseph has talked about, the next kick is the most important one, and that's kind of where it is before we go. Oh, because you're usually the one that always throws to my story, I want to make sure I throw to yours on Daniel Wheelan, You're not bregadocious enough to bring it up on your own, So I will some incredible information in that piece that I've found very illuminating. In addition to the fact that he put on the weight, as you wrote about, he's up to bout two thirty six from where he was at a two sixteen. But you know what really impresses me about this dude. He does not have any on roster direct competition, but yet he has not rested on his laurels whatsoever as a holder, as a punter, all aspects of the job. This guy got a taste of success last year in both the XFL and the NFL, and he has continually pushed himself. I've just been so impressed by that mindset, because that is a thing where when you don't have anybody directly competing against you, you could easily take the foot off the gas and say this is my gig.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I wrote the story in the spring on Greg Joseph one of the first times we got a change to talk to him, and sort of the theme of that story was his approach of the me versus me where he sort of just blocks everything else out. Daniel Wheelan is taking the me versus me approach without any competition around him, but that's how he's he's working to push himself. I don't like to jump the gun, as you know, but I will say I'll put it this way. I would not be surprised if Daniel Wheelan is a long term punter in Green Bay. He looks to me, this is just year two. He's only had one actual season of NFL games under his belt. He looks to me like he's got what it takes to last a long time in this league. And I think he might last a long time for the Packers. We will have to see impressive young man though.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you what, Mike, I covered a lot of punters in Green Bay, especially since Tim Mastey, you know, was released six seven years ago now, and God bless Jacob Shum He's one of my all time favorites. Ultimately, good guy. But you look at how Wheelan is built compared to some of these punters in the league. He has the physical look. I mean, dude, he looks like he could be a tight end. Honestly. Yeah, I get it's impressive to watch, and I think that gets translated into how he performs at the point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think my favorite line that he when I when I talked to him last week for the story that's now on Packers dot com talking about his his approach and kind of what he's after this year, and he said, hey, yeah, it's it's not all. It's not all about hitting the A plus ball. You're gonna hit those. You're gonna hit your A ball plenty of times. But it's how good is your B plus ball? And if you if your B plus ball keeps getting better and better, which he feels his is with the with the added size, the added strength, and just the experience and everything that he's gained. When your B plus ball keeps getting better, that's when you know you're in a pretty good spot. And I think he's he's definitely getting there.
Speaker 2: Sure looks like it all right.
Speaker 1: Well, with's that, we'll call it a rap on this edition of Packers Unscript. You're sure to follow well. All of our coverage of the team training camp continues to roll along. We'll have it all for you on Packers dot com. For Wes, I'm Miike. Thank you for tuning in. Everybody. We will see you next time.