Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Drive. I'm gay Lallie. He is the Matt Williamson and Steeler fans you can get up with the latest Sideline apparel, hats or jerseys of your favorite players, authentic memorabilia, custom items, and exclusives you can only find directly from the team at one of the official Steelers Pro shops. They're located at Eclasher Stadium, Grove City Premium Outlets, or Tanger Outlets, or you can visit online at shop dot Steelers dot com. It is now time for the Fantasy Football Focus here to kick off our number two this week and Mat we're starting to get the news here about who's in and who is out this week. Kyron Williams will not play.
Speaker 2: I think there's no chance, right yeah, Like that game is going to be Carson Wentz versus Sam Darnold. Yeah, which is kind of fun in its own right. Their pedigree, dudes, it's better than Jeff Triscoll. You know who's starting for the Brown.
Speaker 1: Or Tyler Huntley? Right right? Yeah? Bye, I got a pro bowler, Tyler Huntley. Bowl will be announced tonight, by the way, it really yeah. Uh, Darnell Mooney mispractice on Wednesday. He's dealing with a concussion. For the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 2: It seems like they're playing hard though. Yeah, I mean they're not just throwing it in.
Speaker 1: I would guess he probably right.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Cooper Cup will not playing Week eighteen against the.
Speaker 2: Shut everybody down, I mean Donald's not gonna play.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Keenan Allen with the heel, did not practice on Wednesday. They've just shut him down.
Speaker 2: I wonder if his last game, Yeah, it could be. I mean, new coach, massive cap hit. I don't know.
Speaker 1: He'd be a guy that can still he can still go help a team.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying he should be a Steeler, but you throw him at the slot here with Theonta George, I mean every team show.
Speaker 1: I mean there'll be a market for Keenan Allen eight year Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean his game doesn't fall off a cliff.
Speaker 1: He's got the old man basketball game, big time left handed spin.
Speaker 2: Move, oh yeah, throwing the Chiefs. Oh, there's a lot of spots he could be helpful.
Speaker 1: Zay Jones with the knee and hamstring limited Wednesday's practice for Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: I don't know did he play last week? I didn't pay attention. I know he's been I don't believe that he did, Okay, I mean they need all systems go of course. Yeah, he was ruled out Sunday.
Speaker 1: Okay, Devonte Smith did not practice on Wednesday. He's dealing with an ankle.
Speaker 2: They can still win the division, right, Yeah, they.
Speaker 1: Would need to win and Dallas would need to lose.
Speaker 2: But Dallas is playing Washington.
Speaker 1: They're playing the Giants. Yeah right, I know.
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying, if you're Philly, would you risk one of your best players.
Speaker 1: Washington beat the Cowboys last year.
Speaker 2: Last year, Okay, I think Washington's cashed it in though, And I don't know. I guess you played. I guess you play this one like Europe.
Speaker 1: One more game for Ron Rivera. I go out there and win one for the.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at more of an Eagles perspective, though. Do you treat this like a playoff game if you're the Eagles or do you kind of I.
Speaker 1: Think you try to win it. I mean, I think if you're healthy, you play. Okay, Josh Jacobs will push to play in Week eight team for the Raiders. I think he just wants to. I mean, this might be a.
Speaker 2: Very competitive damn back nausey, you know. I mean, those guys don't go down without a fight.
Speaker 1: And they're playing the Broncos and it's a I mean again, one of those rivalry games. That's why the NFL sets it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, like both those teams are going to play the guy. Yeah, I mean Peyton's trying to build a culture. Raiders coaches trying to do the same. Slash keep his job. Could that be Jacob's last game?
Speaker 1: Does the winner of that game finished with a five hundred above five hundred? Are they both eight and eight?
Speaker 2: I don't know that off top of my head. I mean they're the two three in that division.
Speaker 1: I know they're second and third. I don't know if that changes with the outcome of this game or not, because that would means something. Yeah, that means a little something to those days.
Speaker 2: First, you know, if your Peyton, my first year didn't go great, but we ended up with the winning record.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if if Denver wins, Denver finishes at eight or nine and eight, so they would have a winning record. If the Raiders win, they finished tied, and I believe the Raiders would finish ahead of the Broncos in the division standing, so they would be second at eight and nine.
Speaker 2: So they they have seven wins right now.
Speaker 1: The Raider, Yeah, there's seven to nine. They can't get over five hundred. Yeah, gotcha, but they would finish second in the division.
Speaker 2: But I think both teams are playing hard. Yeah, to a point. I don't if Jacobs is back next year.
Speaker 1: Though, No, I don't think he is.
Speaker 2: I don't think he is.
Speaker 1: I don't think he is. Uh. Noah Brown with a back injury, did not practice on Wednesday for the Texans.
Speaker 2: That's significantce big, no tact el. I mean, it's that is a playoff game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Elijah Mitchell did not practice on Wednesday for the forty nine Ers.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey won't play.
Speaker 1: He's dealing with an illness. If neither one of those guys go, then you it's Mason Jordan Mason, Jordan Mason.
Speaker 2: Like, if you're still doing DFS, if you care, I mean, I'm sure Trent Williams won't be blocking for you, but Aaron Donald won't be on the other side, right, Yeah, Like sometimes it turns into like preseason at DFS. I mean, this is a fantasy segment. If ever there's a bunch of backups out there, and he was playing a run the bar. Yeah, one guy getting the ball again.
Speaker 1: The Rams could have this, and Rams and forty nine ers, they could really have that. We just we just want to Hey, we're both gonna run the ball forty times in this game and get the heck out of here.
Speaker 2: Oh. I bet mcveay and Shanahan shake and be like, I'm not gonna even throw challenge flags. You know, let's just get out of here. Maybe we'll see in the playoffs. Best of luck, you know, pads On, you know.
Speaker 1: Devin a chan H, that guy I toe and ribs was limited on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: So that's so in the fancy world though, I'm very interested in that. Yeah, that's a big game. And he got a lot of touches without moster and did some.
Speaker 1: He actually did some damage, like he was running well. They just got so far behind that, you know, like every time they gave the ball to a chin, He's ripping off twenty yard runs against the against the Ravens.
Speaker 2: Under reported thing as I threw this on Twitter. Ravens run defense over the last month and a half or so been good. It has not been good, and they struggled with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Raheem Moster did not practice on Wednesday, and he's.
Speaker 2: Dealing Just interesting from an NFL perspective. Yeah, you'd love to have all your waddle and Mostard And I mean this is close to a playoff game for them. I mean they're in. How do you handle that if you're the head coach of the Dolphins, Like you'd really like to win, but not in the case of boy, I'm gonna limp into Week one of the pre the postseason.
Speaker 1: I think for them, the home field is big. That second seed is huge because that gets them two home games. And then again Forallas they would be they're seven and one right now at home. For them to win and be the two seed, they'd be eight and one at home.
Speaker 2: Maybe it means more to them, And that lumped Allison with that too, Like, I don't want to be the wild card and even go to the Tampa or whatever, even though you're favored.
Speaker 1: We're good at home. Yeah, we know what this is like at home. We know the weather is going to be great in Miami. We're gonna be able to throw the ball. Yeah, Yeah, we don't want to have to go to Kansas City or Buffalo City, Yeah, Baltimore.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's until we have to if it happened or yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Zach Moss was a full participant in Wednesday's practice for the Colts.
Speaker 2: Taylor's been the belcow them out. Maybe him in you know, it's a super important game.
Speaker 1: Jamar Chase with the shoulder, was limited in practice on Wednesday for the Bengals. I think he plays.
Speaker 2: I think he does too.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm sure we'll talk about the Browns a little. They're resting everybody as they should. I mean, they're I mean, they're gonna play Driscoll. They are going to go on the road next week, so regardless, no matter what. So I'm sure they're gonna take the quick road trip to since he high tail get a shower, high tail it out of there and are already thinking about the wild card game. But since he seems to be taking the different approach, you know.
Speaker 1: They Yeah, I think they want to win this and they could finish the entire division would then finish above five hundred. The other reason, I think, since he wants to win this. They're winless in the division this year. No, really, you can't get shut out in your own division. Like, I don't know if Higgins will play, but you know, Browning's got a lot to prove. And you know, I mean, I bet you play Hendrickson and you're not going to just shut everybody down. Yeah, Hendrickson wants to play because he wants to get the sack sack title. Yeah title. I think Chase just wants to set the tone. Yeah, you know, no Higgins, so I don't think he plays. He's gonna be a free agent.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he doesn't want to. I must say he doesn't want to, but there's not a lot to gain by it.
Speaker 1: Alvin Kamara did not practice something for the Saints, big, big one because they need to win.
Speaker 2: They need to win, and he's super important and he's fighting something pretty serious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's an ankle issue for Alvin Kamara. So that's worth keeping an eye on.
Speaker 2: I think there's a real good chance he doesn't play.
Speaker 1: He can't do you then pivot to Jamal Williams. He had nineteen carries for fifty eight yards and four catches for thirteen yards.
Speaker 2: Are they playing Atlanta?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I couldn't remember which division game.
Speaker 1: And that again another big rivalry game. Those two they don't like each other at all.
Speaker 2: I mean people up here don't might say that the North don't understand that. That is, those two cities have a rivalry.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, of course we'll be Sam Darnold will start for the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: Atlanta's not eliminated either, right.
Speaker 1: I think they they need a lot of a lot, a lot of hell.
Speaker 2: I don't think they can win the division they would have they would get into.
Speaker 1: They would need like Seattle and Green Bay and a bunch of those teams to lose. Packers wide receiver for his job though, Yeah right, yeah, if they lose, I think they that would finish off the season with four out of five I lost.
Speaker 2: I think he's gone no matter what. But that would seal it.
Speaker 1: Probably Jayden reed with a rib injury, practiced on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: That's important.
Speaker 1: He's been kind of all nicked up too.
Speaker 2: Yes, smaller collar guy, rookie year playing seventeen eighteen games.
Speaker 1: You know, little guys take take big hits now if.
Speaker 2: It's on there. But it sounds like Watson might actually play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, he practiced today with that hamstring injury. He hasn't practiced in forever forever. Really frustrated, like his entire career.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know, he just might be one of those tightly wound track guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you were watching the broadcast when they played the Vikings, but I guess Lafloor went out of his way to tell the commentators one of our biggest goals this offseason is to figure out Watson's hamstrings. I mean, it's just something, are right.
Speaker 1: Nick Mullins will get the start in Week eighteen against the Lions for the Vikings, so they're back to Mullins.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: It's like they don't have a quarterback. A quarterback.
Speaker 2: I just feel like they're just rolling the dice and whoever pops up, that's who we're going with. Because he knows deep down none of them can get it done. They can't need a million things that happen to get into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Cowboys play Deuce Vaughan on injured reserve. Okay, the other guy was hurt. No, they're running backs. That's one of their issues this year. It is because they can they don't have a bellcow running back.
Speaker 2: I think they're one team that could draft a back high. Yeah, you know, like it doesn't look like there's a first round back in this draft. But they could be a day to, you know, go get somebody decent, type of type of team. Maybe Josh Shacobs ends up or something like that.
Speaker 1: They really need one. They do. It's not Pollard, No, no, he's not in their run down guy. Uh. Sam Howe will get to start Sunday against the Cowboys for Washington.
Speaker 2: I mean, what's interesting about them is it's a two horse race between them and New England for the second pick, right, And I think if they both lose, Washington gets it, which which probably as a quarterback, and how would be the backup and that adds up. But I think this set's one.
Speaker 1: And then Brissette would be on the open market again.
Speaker 2: And I'd be very interested if I were a lot of teams.
Speaker 1: And Yeah, Giants running back Sakuon Barkley reiterated his desire to return to the Giants next seat next season, but keep his options open.
Speaker 2: That all seems to be real because like the way his contract stuff played out, he could have been a bigger problem for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know he's from Jersey. I mean I kind of believe him. I don't often believe players when they say things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, will Levis said he's hopeful to play on Sunday against the Jaguars. I don't know if that happens, though.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure what you have to gain. I mean, Tannehill has been named the starter. Is that true?
Speaker 1: I thought Tannehill was getting the starting ret and.
Speaker 2: I kind of assumed that. But you could have Willis as the two or I would think if Levis is playing, though, he would start. Yeah, I think I just sit them.
Speaker 1: I think I would too. I think I think you've seen enough and this is and this is probably Tannehill's last game as a a Titan. I think I just let him go out there and right off into the sunset.
Speaker 2: A win with Henry and the new era is coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, we don't want to get the kid beaten up going into the off season behind this offensive behind That would be my thinking with this, like, yeah, let's just put the two veterans out there and let them go out and and we saw enough of Levis this year that if we're good with him going into the off season as our starter. We just don't want them to have to get a surgery.
Speaker 2: What this is a little off topic, but I just mentioned that two three drafts spot. If you're in New England, let's say and May and Williams are gone, they go first two picks. I would consider something along the lines of like signing Brissett or Tannehill, draft Marvin Harrison junior three and then try to get back in the first round for like Pennix or somebody like that, you know, as opposed to have to take a quarterback of three even if there isn't one there. You know, like New England's not great. If they Tannehel this year, they'd have won two more games.
Speaker 1: Who's there? You know? Who's the GM, who's the Yeah, that's it's what you don't know.
Speaker 2: I bet it's not the people there now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you. Josh Allen with the neck injury, insists that he's he's good to go. Yeah, said he is good to go. So he took a big hit with the with the uh two of both aren't Yeah. The Bills were trying to run out the clock and they had him running the ball against the Patriots and he took a big hit. Does he not run as much in this game because of that neck issue? I don't think it matters.
Speaker 2: I think you can second guess him running at the end of that game. But I think this is a playoff game for them. He's going to run every time if he has to. It's just the nature who he is, and that's scary. Yeah, I mean it's scary.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Mike McDaniel said, Jaylen Waddle with the ankle injury, has a chance to play on Sunday.
Speaker 2: That sounds like gamesmanship to me. See, I don't know. I mean they had a.
Speaker 1: Walk through on Wednesday and Wattle participated in it.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so that would be massive. Yeah, I mean they're a lot different with the two of them.
Speaker 1: I mean I could see them running him out there as a decoy.
Speaker 2: That's what say.
Speaker 1: I even said decoy there.
Speaker 2: I mean like he might dress, maybe he's gets shot or whatever and is phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Amari Cooper did not practice on Wednesday for the Browns. They're not going to play him.
Speaker 2: I'm also not gonna play Miles Garrett, which influences the Defensive Player of the Year conversation. I would think. I don't think Nick Bosa is going to you know.
Speaker 1: Like Zach Wilson remains in the NFL's concussion protocol and will be inactive in Week eighteen against the Patriots for the Jets.
Speaker 2: I think that rivals Steelers Patriots.
Speaker 1: For lowest over under the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like twenty eight or twenty nine.
Speaker 1: That's actually it's just lower. The Steelers were not that the Steelers, I know, they're like a point or two away. The Steelers were thirty or thirty. Okay, that would be the lowest.
Speaker 2: I get it. I don't see a lot of poids, but I think Patriots Steelers would go over either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Baker Mayfield did not practice on Wednesday. He's got a rib issue.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's game changing, seismic situation there. Yeah, it would be trash guy. Assume they win, they're in. Yeah, I assume he'll do everything.
Speaker 1: I mean, I would think that. I would think he plays. I've seen him play through some stuff that he probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's free agent at the end of the year, and you guys get his team in and competitiveness is not an issue with him.
Speaker 1: But but I've also seen him play badly when he's banged dump.
Speaker 2: Or then halfway through the first quarter you get the helmet in the ribs and here comes Trask.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Cole Komet did not practice on Wednesday with a knee issue.
Speaker 2: Kind of like mooney, do you rush those guys back? I mean, like, yeah, you want to establish something.
Speaker 1: But it's a knee issue for him. The Giants are going to start Tyrod Taylor on.
Speaker 2: That right man. Yeah, I mean the whole the veto things will laugh about that. In two years.
Speaker 1: Trevor Lawrence with the shoulder injury injury was limited today.
Speaker 2: That's I guess what.
Speaker 1: He is limited all last week too, and then they shut him down. I know there's no guarantees.
Speaker 2: No guarantee you I assume that's the designation would get today though he's on the field. But what do you do?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, you know, do you know if it's a throw and shoulder or not?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I have no it is. Yeah. The Jaguars also opened the twenty one day practice window for Christian Kirk. That was a core muscle injury for him.
Speaker 2: That's a playoff thing. He's not gonna play this week, but if they could have him in the playoffs, Yeah, it doesn't hurt to open the window.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, you gotta if you're gonna have him for the playoffs, you want to do you gotta get him he basically ramped up for the first week, and then you have them available the second week. They got to win this week to make that happen, they could use them. That looks like it's pretty much it.
Speaker 2: And then there's just a bunch of teams. They're just gonna sit people and sit people. Yeah, I mean that's yeah, the nature of the beast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just what's gonna happen?
Speaker 2: Of course, like the Lions of anything to play form. Can they get the two three? I think he's such a weird coach. That's why I wonder if he's just gonna.
Speaker 1: I think they want to win. I think they want to They got the they're playing the Vikingskings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I mean it's for fantasy stuff. Some of these teams like Jamir Gibbs might play a half and then if you're having your DFS lineup, yeah, you know, it burns you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So when we do DFS, I would almost like to pick from like.
Speaker 1: The teams that needed teams, Yeah, the teams that really need it. Yeah, we're going to be playing for something. That's who you want to stick with.
Speaker 2: So Tom Pelsaro put this out on Monday. There's twenty teams that can win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Still, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not saying that they have a legit chance, but mathematically there's twenty teams right now that can win the super Bowl. It's like, and that's the most has ever been going into the final.
Speaker 1: What's the league one of this? Paul Dagliaboo's looking at this and wherever he's at right now and smiling loving it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's the most ever going into the final game this season.
Speaker 1: Ye still eligible. He is Matt Williamson. I am Dale, Lolly. You're listening to the drive here on Steelers Nation Radio. We're gonna take a break. We'll be back with more right after. This Cat's regular season challenge each week answers Steelers trivia and make game day picks for a chance to win signed helmets, jerseys, footballs, or even a trip to the twenty twenty four NFL Draft. Log into the Steelers mobile app now for a chance to play at this week's prize. He is the Matt Williamson. I am Dale, Lolly. You're listening to the drive here on Steelers Nation Radio, and Matt looking here. In an article on cbssports Dot com It's written by Tyler Sullivan. He looks at fifteen top head coaching candidates world more time, less than a week away from Black Black Monday, Black Monday.
Speaker 2: Not to mention there could be I mean like Belichick' son cound get fired on Black Monday. But there could also be some movement with some other guys. Well, I know Schefter and some of those guys. I think there could be eight new head coaches. It's quarter league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it depends on how you look at some of this too, like teams with new head coaches, but guys who have been coaches somewhere else right.
Speaker 2: Right right, or even like the Raiders might keep their interim guys, you know, right.
Speaker 1: So here here are the fifteen guys he looks at as potential name on there. The number one guys, Bill Belichick.
Speaker 2: Ah, it's a little presumptuous, but sure. I mean if he wants to coach somewhere, he will.
Speaker 1: I mean they've had three the three of the last four seasons for them have been losing seasons. This is the whole thing with the Mike Tomlin situation a few weeks ago. Belichick's now had three losing season seasons yeah, and this one is by far the worst. Like they've got twelve losses for the first time. Yeah, they really are. Yeah, it's it's right they've bottomed out.
Speaker 2: If I had to put a chip down, I would say he's not the Patriots head coach next year, but he is someone else's.
Speaker 1: There'll be somebody's coach. He should be first on how that works out. Yeah, well, you know, either it's a trade. I don't think they want to fire Bill Belichick.
Speaker 2: I don't think those words will ever happen. No, but he'll either step down or mutual or trade or something will be worked out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can see him end up in Washington, Carolina. I mean, imagine working with Tapper.
Speaker 1: Oh, he didn't help himself this passion.
Speaker 2: No, No, he got fined by the way.
Speaker 1: He got fined three hundred grand. Yeah. I thought it'd be more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we thought inflation would be more than fifty grand from flipping somebody off, but the same neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think, really I've said this since the offseason last year. We were at the owners meetings. I brought this up. I think the way this goes down is that they you know, Robert Kraft goes in and says, Bill, we love you as a head coach, we don't like you as a GM. You can't do that anymore.
Speaker 2: We're going to bring some higher a GM and Bill's going to say, all right, thanks, I'm leaving.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we'll see if that is exactly what happens. Number two on this list is Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson.
Speaker 2: I think he's going to get a job.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean he's a great coordinator. Is he a great head coach? They're on the same thing.
Speaker 1: He's thirty seven years old and nobody had heard of him four years.
Speaker 2: Ago, exactly exactly. But I love what he does with that team.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Number three is a guy who's coached in the NFL before. His current position is the head coach in the University of Michigan. Is him Harbaugh? I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot poll.
Speaker 2: Well, I have mixed feelings. I think he's a winner. I think he's a lunatic.
Speaker 1: That's the part that I would I wouldn't touch. So you're going to deal with some crazy there if you going to bring all kinds of crazy. But John john is the same one.
Speaker 2: Oh, no doubt about it. Yeah, I mean I know several people that have met him, have been around him, and he's just hard to be around, you know, and he wears out as welcome to some degree, but he wins and he's unbelievably intense. So he hired It's last name is need Donne. I think is an agent, Tom Brady's agent. He has a lot of head coaches in the NFL. Most people think he's going to move the league. And there's been a lot of Raiders talk. There's been a lot of Chargers talk. Maybe goes back to the Bears. I think he's done at Michigan.
Speaker 1: I don't think the Bears move on.
Speaker 2: I don't think they change.
Speaker 1: I don't think they change.
Speaker 2: He just used to be a Bear, and yeah, you know that's why that names I think floating around.
Speaker 1: Number four on this list, and I hit maybe his star is following a little bit here. Philadelphia Eagles offensive coordinator Brian Johnson.
Speaker 2: I don't think he remember.
Speaker 1: He's a first year guy. I don't think he's head coach.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know why his name's on there, to be honest, the offense got worse. Yeah, I mean it was really good.
Speaker 1: If we were talking a month ago, people say, oh, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean Eagles get hired, I get in the park, but.
Speaker 1: Not that one.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: No, there's a few names on here I do not agree with.
Speaker 2: That's that Raven's defensive coordinator should be and that's that's.
Speaker 1: First on that list. Number five Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn. He would be a retread as a head coach.
Speaker 2: Done a lot of good things with that defense, and what I give him credit for is he's one of those Pete Carroll Legion to Boom disciples, but decided playing cover three in Russian four is what the league's all about. I'm going to change or a lot of those guys haven't. Yeah, Micah Partson's helps, it doesn't hurt.
Speaker 1: Number six on this list, and I don't agree with this one either. Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator lou Onnararumo. What in the hell has he done this year that says, oh, that guy needs to be my head coach.
Speaker 2: I think they're one of the worst defenses in the league, absolute city players, right, and he did some tremendous things, especially against.
Speaker 1: Twenty one to twenty two right, Right, that's you know.
Speaker 2: I heard he's not actually the best interview either, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean this is a guy who's been around for a long time and he's been a good defensive coordinator. I'm not taking that this year is not the year for that though.
Speaker 2: No, his stock definitely went down, Yeah, I mean dramatically absolutely.
Speaker 1: Now the next guy on here is somebody that I would be interested in, and that is Houston Texans offensive coordinator Bobby Slowick. He's a Pittsburgh guy.
Speaker 3: Oh is he?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirty six years old. It comes off of that Shanahan coaching tree.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: He's done good stuff with with Stroud this year. My question is he's only been a coordinator for a year.
Speaker 2: So he also worked a pro football focus for a while. Like he's done some things, some weird different coaching paths. You know, I think he's a year away.
Speaker 1: I think I think I would wait and see it too. Another year. Can you do this is a second time?
Speaker 2: You know how this works too? Like he'll probably interview with three teams, learn how to interview. Yeah, have another good year with a good young quarterback, and then he's at the top of this list next year. Yeah, I assuming all goes well.
Speaker 1: Number eight on here is Patriots inside linebackers coach Jared Mayo.
Speaker 2: He could get bumped.
Speaker 3: He could.
Speaker 2: I know that people would talk very highly of him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if he doesn't get the head coaching job with the Patriots one thing that I guess he could go somewhere else.
Speaker 2: I guess he could, but he seems like he'd have more stock in the Patriot world. Yeah. I do think owners now are gonna be a little hesitant take defensive guys, young defensive guys. They want to hire offensive dudes.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're gonna seems to be the quickest way, although I mean it works in Houston.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: It's all about finding the right guy. I don't care if he's an offensive defensive I don't care if he's a special teams guy. John Harbor was a special teams coach. I'm he the right man to lead your franchise.
Speaker 2: But the logic is, okay, well that Ryan's then hires Slowik and then he's gone in a year, you know, But that doesn't mean it's not the right thing for the organization. I mean, and I've heard coordinating offensive coordinators.
Speaker 1: I've heard a lot of that, you know, and I get it.
Speaker 2: I might break a tie that way, but probably not.
Speaker 1: I want I want to I want the dynamic guy who commands the room.
Speaker 2: No, I think people look for the wrong thing.
Speaker 1: Because the problem with hiring a lot of these offensive guys, the thing that got them the job in the first place is them calling plays. Oftentimes those guys continue to call plays and it hurts them as a head coach.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's hard to do all that.
Speaker 1: He can't do it all right.
Speaker 2: Like the Lions offense coordinator. We talked about tremendous work as an offensive coordinator, designer of offense, getting the ball in the hands of the right people, play calling innovations. But if he does that for Carolina next year means he's not doing something else, you know that a head coach needs to do. Maybe he's the best head coach in the history of the world. I don't know, but he might his head on offensive coordinator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you better have a patient owner. Number nine on this list Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator Brian Flores.
Speaker 2: I think that's very I think he should get a job.
Speaker 1: I mean, he did a lot with the little this year. He did a lot with the little I don't say that just because I know him, having you know, been around him last year when you know, when he spent the time in Pittsburgh. But he is a guy who carries himself like a head coach. Yeah. Yeah, and he was and he was and he understands it. I think he probably learned some things. I don't think that that Dolphins situation that he was hired into was a great one.
Speaker 2: No, No, And I hope he's not blackballed by the openers or any of that nonsense.
Speaker 1: And he won with the Dolphins in a situation where they were trying to lose.
Speaker 2: No, I think he's in one of the best thirty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, number ten, And we're going to go back down this road again, Eric b Enemy.
Speaker 2: He's talked about a guy stock dropping from a year ago. What's it on himself? Why would I say that was successful?
Speaker 1: I continue to hear people talk about the enemy, like he actually drew up the offense in Kansas City, right.
Speaker 2: Right, right?
Speaker 1: At what point did he do that?
Speaker 2: He didn't? He didn't.
Speaker 1: He he led this, He led the offensive staff there. Andy Reid called the place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I mean this quarterback took an immense amount of sacks, and that was partially on him. You know, if the Steelers move on from their offensive coordinator and he's out there and they interview him, I'd say, great, that's fine. But if I'm you're going to replace Bill Belichick in New Orton, I don't know that he's the guy that can do it. Don't feel any better about it now, did he.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's had you know, twenty interviews over the last four years. Maybe he's he might be one of the best coordinators in the league. Maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 2: This year didn't show it.
Speaker 1: It didn't know, it didn't know. He was hamstrung a little bit by the quarterback situation, there's no doubt about that. But some of that was also partially on him for treating Sam Howe. I mean, didn't like he had Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, he didn't overcome it.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't, right, Yeah. Number eleven Raven's defensive coordinator Mike McDonald.
Speaker 2: I think he should be like fourth or fifth, yeah, I mean, but.
Speaker 1: He could fall into that situation though. Again, he's a thirty six year old guy.
Speaker 2: Who reminds me of the Lion's offense.
Speaker 1: One year is his second year as a coordinator.
Speaker 2: No, he would He bounced back and forth between the hardbar brothers.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so I mean he's done good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He reminds me of the Lions OC.
Speaker 1: Number twelve on here Titans head coach Mike Vrabel.
Speaker 2: Do you just keep hearing rumblings?
Speaker 1: I know he wasn't happy with the GM for trading away AJJ. Brown, but it's not the same GM anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't think he had any idle notes. Did he have any say in hiring the new GM.
Speaker 1: I don't think that he did.
Speaker 2: I bet not. Yeah, And is it just him and ownership of kind of run its course? Maybe?
Speaker 1: Maybe? I think he's a good head coach.
Speaker 2: He could be my guy, yeah anytime. I mean, Craft should look at him if they're thinking about doing Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Just swap coaches.
Speaker 2: Here you go.
Speaker 1: At number thirteen. Boy, I don't know how this guy gets a job after this season. Their defense wasn't the problem. But yeah, Carolina Panthers defensive coordinator here Evarro.
Speaker 2: He was a super hot name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and didn't help himself at all this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's a wrong job. It's an unwinnable situation. Tepper went and got an all star coaching staff and paid them whatever they wanted and fired half of them. And now, yeah, I mean it's a toxic environment. So who knows. He may not even be mean back. I mean he might be someone else's defensive courter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they didn't make him the head coach there to even take an look right.
Speaker 2: Or right at the interim. Yeah, there was an opportunity there.
Speaker 1: Number fourteen Miami Dolphins offensive coordinator Frank Smith.
Speaker 2: I've heard that name thrown around as maybe the Steelers next guy. I know nothing about him except.
Speaker 1: For that, well, he's the offensive coordinator. He couldn't be the Steelers next guy because they're not going to move on from him.
Speaker 2: I think there was some stippy. I thought he was a quarterback coach.
Speaker 1: They list him here as the offensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: Because he's not the play caller.
Speaker 1: That's fine, But he's got the title of offensive coordinator. That would be a sideways. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought there was some NFL rule about if you're not the play caller, you can become the play caller and still be Maybe maybe, but I'm not there's something foggy about it.
Speaker 1: I don't see that happening. Here's the thing, and I talked about this a couple of weeks ago when you watched what the Ravens did to the forty nine Ers. Oh yeah, I don't know that. I'm interested in somebody to coordinate the Steelers offense from the Kyle Shanahan coaching tree because I don't know that it consistently beats what Baltimore's.
Speaker 2: Got, and Baltimore's built for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that. That would be my main concern here is can we now if it's somebody from the Rams coaching tree. I thought that they played the Ravens very well. I would look at something like that. I would look, you know, maybe that Houston coaching staff and say, okay, let's let's go that direction.
Speaker 2: But it hasn't happened with Tua and Party this year. But historically, all the Kyle Shanahan guys get their quarterbacks killed, killed, killed. They don't keep extra guys in protection. They think a lot of hits. I understand it, But I don't think the Rooney is won a finesse offense here.
Speaker 1: No, that's the other thing. That's that's a very finesse offices.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's the stuff, and so is really so is San Francisco's to a large Yeah, without question. I mean there's not Drowne Betts on that team. No Lodge year, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the final one, uh Seattle Seahawks offensive coordinator Shane Waldron.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean I've heard good things. I think they I don't know. I don't have a lot to comment on that. I mean they're their skill guys are really good. I think their line is really bad. So it's kind of hard to say what his value is.
Speaker 1: He comes from the McVeagh coaching trees, so again, that will be the one that I would look at.
Speaker 2: I think he's coach of the year.
Speaker 1: I would look at somebody somebody who's worked with McVeigh to me, is much more preferable to think they go in to Shanahan.
Speaker 2: Right. They're they're more physical, they're more ground first. You know, they've been a little friendly er to quarterback. I don't know if i'd say that, but interesting, Yeah, I mean, uh, I hear what you're saying. I don't know a ton about him. I mean I would be shocked if he's a head coach.
Speaker 1: I mean he'll probably get an interview or two here or there. Yeah, because they do have a good offense.
Speaker 2: I mean I can't see Carol like stepping down this year at his age. Maybe he does and they handed to him, but it could happen. That could happen.
Speaker 1: He still was energetic as is he's always been. I'm watching him in the warm ups last week and he's out there pumping fists, running around like the But some day it's gonna happen at some point. Yeah, I think Belichick's actually older than him. I think I pretty sure, like six months or something like that. It's close.
Speaker 2: But Carol's much older than people realize. But yeah, I mean just by much older than the acts. Yeah, like he's deep into a seven. Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean like the energizer Bunny though. Uh yeah, I don't. I don't know who I would add to that. Beyond that list, I think there's probably some guys out there.
Speaker 2: There's some It's always a hard conversation really comment on assistant coaches. I mean, you don't you don't really know what they do in the scenes during the week, all that kind of stuff too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know, does Jim Schwartz get an interview this year from.
Speaker 2: What he's bad. Yeah, yeah, I mean I could see that maybe someone in that building. Yeah, I think Schwartz could be in the in the mix.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's done good things with that defense this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not a bad call at all. Trying to just scan in the league what teams would be who you want to pillage from, I don't know. I mean I'm not I'm not having an easy time finding.
Speaker 1: No, it's not like it's not like, well again, there's no dominant teams. Yeah.
Speaker 2: San Francisco has been so pillaged lately too. They don't all their guys are new. I don't think Baltimore is. I don't think Monkin's ready to be a head coach after that year coordinating, you know, being at Georgia the year before that. I'm just thinking the best.
Speaker 1: I can't think, I mean, other than Harbaugh, there's no college coach is ready to, Oh, let's go get this guy and yeah, see what he can doing back. Yeah, you're right, right, not that I would know of.
Speaker 2: So that's one of the problems with coaching changes is Okay, we're firing our guy, but that doesn't mean, like last offseason, I was harp on this there were sixteen offensive play callers changed, and the whole world want of Matt Canaday one of them. Well, it doesn't mean there's seventeen good candidates right there. I mean all the there's three big fish in the in the whole pond. You know. It doesn't mean that a lot of guys get bumped just because there's somebody different. That's not necessarily the right move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, are you're right? You know, change for just for the sake of change is not right.
Speaker 2: I just want someone different. I mean rarely as it get to that point. Yeah, and you better go get a.
Speaker 1: Good This is like a marriage. You're not just you know, you gotta think about it. Right. So anyways, we're going to get to another break. He is the Matt Williamson. I am Dale Lelly. You're listening to the drive here on Steelers Nation Radio. When we come back, we'll hear from Steelers defensive coordinator Tara Austin. See what he has to say about this upcoming game against the Baltimore Ravens, where quite frankly, he might know more about the Ravens in some cases than he does his own defense. No, I'm sure there's so many new guys in there. I asked that question exactly.
Speaker 2: It's like this thing.
Speaker 1: So we'll hear that when we return on the Drive right after this. Welcome back to the Drive. I am Dale Lalli. He is the Matt Williamson and Matt. With the Ravens having so many question marks this week with their offense, I thought it would be interesting to hear from the Steelers defensive coordinator Tarot Austin. Oh, yeah, today, just to see how they're approaching this thing defensively.
Speaker 2: M I mean, they know Lamar is not playing, but.
Speaker 1: Still at the time he did this interview, okay, so that wasn't announced until later in the afternoon. Now they know that.
Speaker 2: Now they know that, but I'm sure that he's not shocked by it either, yea, whether he reveal that or not. But even with Monkin, there are a unique offense with some unique challenges.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let's hear what Tarrell Austin had to say today when he spoke with the media. Tarall, how do you how do you prep this week not knowing exactly who's going to be in.
Speaker 3: There for them?
Speaker 4: I think we, you know, we prep for the system, and we prep thinking they're going to play their guys. I mean that's how you have to do. You have to approach everything, uh, and then we go from there. Is that what they did last year when when they did play Huntly? Was it exactly the same or did they cater some things to him?
Speaker 3: I think they run their offense. It's different.
Speaker 4: They have, you know, the new coordinator this year, but at the time, they run the stuff that they practiced and some of the things you've seen, and so we're we'll anticipate the same. I think that's the offense they've been running all year, and I don't think they would change it for familiarity with.
Speaker 3: These guys.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we have a lot of familiarity. Yeah, with Huntley himself. Yeah, we've been in the stadium with him, so we know he's a quality player.
Speaker 3: Obviously, you know what kind of season Lamar's having.
Speaker 4: So no matter who's behind center for them, we're gonna have our workoutff ars.
Speaker 1: Speaking of familiarity, do you now have a more so with your guys?
Speaker 3: I mean you've you've got some guys were getting there a lot of moving pieces. We're getting there.
Speaker 4: So, uh, you know the biggest thing I like about our guys is you know, we have some guys doing some uh some new things, some new guys in there, and they're they're just working their tail off to try to get better and help us win a game.
Speaker 3: And then we've been doing that and so uh we'll just continue to try to get better.
Speaker 4: I got f you know, we kind of you're You're right, we have a little bit uh better idea of of who they are and what they can do, and and so we try to tailor.
Speaker 3: Some things to that as well what other use in uh say and likely uh or enforce the season getting better and better.
Speaker 4: You're talking about two young guys, a second year guy and a and a rookie that just uh really are coming into their own and and really making some splash plays, explosive plays.
Speaker 3: And uh there that's a it's gonna be a challenge for us. Is that Ben's talking over me? Is that? Who doesn't how do you know I'm not I'm not gonna say anything. I'm staying out of this this.
Speaker 4: Why can you or do you call the game differently when the offense is uh scoring points of the create.
Speaker 3: A little more room for care if you.
Speaker 4: Won't when the offensive played, No, I think you know we we call the game. I I try to call the game the the the same way as always, which is to try to not let these guys score.
Speaker 3: So obviously, I I.
Speaker 4: It's you know, uh, when our offense is formed when we're not playing as.
Speaker 3: Well or doing some things as well, that really helps it. That really helps. But uh, as far as.
Speaker 4: How I call the game, I'm gonna I'm gonna call it the way I the way I see it, the way I think it's best for us to try to to succeed. Tara, what is pet tea forts your group not just on the field, but more specifically maybe in the room. Well, I think uh uh uh veteran leadership. Uh, things that that only time give you. And he's seen a lot of things that that some guys maybe haven't seen.
Speaker 3: And he's experienced a.
Speaker 4: Lot of situations some guys haven't had.
Speaker 3: And I think that's important. Uh. He he gives that to the room. Uh. He does some other things.
Speaker 4: In terms of meeting to run have some meetings on his own where he has guys in there and they're they're working together through things as players only And that's good.
Speaker 3: I mean, you you have to have that type of leadership. Joe was like that.
Speaker 4: When when you have that type in there, Uh, no matter what happens with your group, no matter who's there or not.
Speaker 3: There, Uh, it it keeps him together.
Speaker 4: You're pretty deliberate in how you brought along Joey this summer and even the first month of the season.
Speaker 3: Holler, can you handle himself? Since he's been a show to.
Speaker 1: This historic Uh.
Speaker 4: I think he's he's done well and the the the good thing is, uh, he's done well, but he's got so much.
Speaker 3: Room for improvement. He could be so much.
Speaker 4: Of a better player, and he's got a lot of things that you know was obviously we want him to continue to improve this year.
Speaker 3: But as we've worked into the off season, Uh, he.
Speaker 4: He's got a lot of room to jump and improve and and you've got to push him that way.
Speaker 3: So it's it's been good and uh we were deliberate and I think it it worked out well for him. What are those areas that you uh think he could improve? Just like every player.
Speaker 4: I I don't wanna get in specifics right now.
Speaker 3: That'll that'll be stuff for the off season. Can you can that be a hard way? You used to where a T shirt did said I wasn't hired for like disposition. James Harrison didn't need a T shirt? Yeah yeah to TJ sed did you have that kind of ad you on JP right now?
Speaker 2: What's but he but he SE's he's seems to be a fun guy too as And but what's he like in a in that regard as a leader?
Speaker 3: And what's he like a coach?
Speaker 4: Oh, he's outstanding obviously. You know he's a great player. He wants to be great, He want.
Speaker 3: To be coached. Uh, he does.
Speaker 4: He he can be a little bit surly, and that's fine. I mean where we know that you need that edge, uh if you wanna compete at a high level in this business.
Speaker 3: Uh. But he's he's good to be around.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: And and and we all, like we all do, we all have our days where we're not real pleasant to be around. But he's he moves on to the next day. He helps his other teammates.
Speaker 3: Uh. You know what's really neat is when you see him sitting in the back. He sits next to Alex. He helps all the guys in there. They all talk about different things in what they see. He and Larry because they work on the same side a lot. They always talk about things.
Speaker 4: So it's, uh, he he's a he's an outstanding, you know, outstanding player layer we all know that. But he's also I think he's a really good teammate.
Speaker 3: Does Joey agree that he has areas he's with him? Well, you gotta ask Joey that. But when it got when it got a young guy who's he's talented, he's got confidence in himself, and he has success or he can if he as a coach, do you have to kind of almost like let him enjoy.
Speaker 1: The s the successes that he has, but also try to like, you know, work, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean that's product, that's our job.
Speaker 4: I mean the bottom line is he's gonna have some but he knows and we know there's lots of things on.
Speaker 3: Tape that that can be a lot better.
Speaker 4: And uh and I think if you're not always improving in this league, you're gonna you're gonna fall back and people are gonna catch.
Speaker 3: Up to you and pass it.
Speaker 4: So he better work and he better do those things to to get better and not feel like he's he's made it, because if you feel like you've made it this league.
Speaker 3: That's when you get swallowed up, Carol. Carol, he asked to cover these top guys, right, he does? Has he ever asked so far? And you said, no, I don't think so. I don't think.
Speaker 1: So what does that allow you defensively, you guys to do? I mean, obviously when he goes side to side, everybody else's jobs change as well. Is there does that limit what you can do with the other guys or does that make it easier on the other guys.
Speaker 4: No, it doesn't limit because I think we have a pretty smart group and so when you get put in different positions, they're able to handle that. And I think really what it does is it allows us to get best matchups across the board, and uh hopefully helps us.
Speaker 3: And so that's that's really why we do it.
Speaker 4: And it hasn't it hasn't hurt us where uh, you know, we're just terrible. I mean, we we haven't done you know, it's not We've blown some things and we've had some some some deep passes on us and which we all wanna get better at. But I think overall, in the big scheme of things, uh, the guys are playing well together and we just you know, some some things that we have to get better, but tho those come with more practice.
Speaker 3: And what ways have you seen Betton growing as well? In as reviere?
Speaker 4: Oh, he's he's really just you just see him understanding the game a little more.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: He's big, he's strong.
Speaker 4: Uh And I think really the big thing for him is, uh, he's gotten better because as the season has gone on, he starts to understand blocking schemes.
Speaker 3: A little better.
Speaker 4: And when guys that are really talented kind of understand what's coming at you, Uh, then they have an opportunity uh to defeat it.
Speaker 3: And and he's starting to get to that. Well, if that was crossing farm teams won this year. Do you guys know, I love him.
Speaker 4: Let's draft a few more cause they're they're they've all been pretty good.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, obviously we know about TJ and her Big is doing well and Milk is a guy that you know, kind of under the radar. But I'll tell you what, Milk's really developed into a valuable back up for us. A plays give us some solid minutes in there. And so the Wisconsin farm Tum's doing great.
Speaker 3: What Michael Tollman was asked about, Uh, why the Speris have had a.
Speaker 1: Little more success than others against Jackson with his responsibles to supposed to be respect him and what regard What ways can you show respect towards Lamar.
Speaker 3: That his game to do theirs?
Speaker 4: Well, I think we we show respect for the simple fact that he's uh, you know, he's a multi dimensional talent.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: He can run, he can throw, uh, he can make plays out of nothing, he can stay within the script, so he can do it.
Speaker 3: Also, we respect that part.
Speaker 4: Of him, and so consequently, when we put game plans together, they've got to be really complex complete, uh to take care of all those things. If you just try to treat him as a one dimensional guy that he.
Speaker 3: Can only do this or only do that, that's when you run into trouble. Has Todd Mondkin's office sort of showed that same respect to him in in sort of ways, I think. So.
Speaker 4: I think he's really taken to this new oper and and the and the freedom it gives him. Uh in terms of throwing the ball uh down the field, it wasn't it's not as run heavy as it has been, but he still gets his runs and he still does the things uh that he's really good at as well. So he you know you kind of all of a sudden, it's not just hey, it's run, it's it's past, it's run, it's everything. And uh and and you can see from our first game to this game. Uh, I think the amount of growth in the offense they both have. You can see they're kind of familiar with each other, the OC and the and the QB and they're on the same page.
Speaker 3: And uh it it shows. I mean, obviously he was spectacular last week. You just apply that to who's ever played at this boy.
Speaker 4: At this point you have to, because I think that's that is the offense. That is the way they want to run their offense. And it's been successful for him. And I think, hurry, if if he plays, if he happens to be the guy iner center, I think he's completely capable.
Speaker 3: Of running it.
Speaker 1: How do you approach a galley Alex, he's getting a ton of pressure, but maybe not finishing on sacks and embracing that messaging to him, all of that regalts kind of SPUs.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think Alex is a pro.
Speaker 4: He understands sometimes that the sacks are there sometimes or not.
Speaker 3: We know how valuable he is. Uh.
Speaker 4: I mean, the guy can get sacks, but he's gotten interceptions for us, He's done multiple things for us, and and and his value. He knows his value and and uh, he is not underrated in our room. And and and I think he's got enough character and and and and hard to stick with it and understand that. Hey, sometimes they just go, you know, they come in bunches, and and and didn't get him as much as he would have liked.
Speaker 3: But he's really done a good job.
Speaker 1: If Altamore turn Huntly and Russ Jackson, how much different do they do with Huntley of their.
Speaker 3: Prepared to Jackson?
Speaker 2: Or how do you prepare for that good.
Speaker 4: At I I don't think they'll do anything different. I think they run their offense. I think company's very capable of running the offense, uh the way the way it is. I mean, obviously you know Lamar's dynamic uh oh and and and does all those things at a extremely high level. And Huntley will do him at a at a really good level as well. And so I don't think there'll be any any change out there.
Speaker 3: Anybody ask you about four are you good? Yes? You wanna come in here and do with you?
Speaker 1: I just make shirt and he.
Speaker 3: Guy brought up a few times, so it was Brooke. I don't know, all right, thanks everybody.
Speaker 1: That was Steeler's defensive coordinator Terrell Austin earlier today with the media, heard me asking several of those questions there, just kind of interested in how they were going to approach this game. And again they've played Huntley, this will be the fourth time he started against them.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: They've played Lamar six times.
Speaker 2: They played Lamar great and it's this is so much familiarity, you know, I mean, no matter who the quarterback is. I know one thing that we're going to talk about on a video tomorrow is hitting the quarterback always seems a premium with the Steeler defense when they play the Ravens, you know, just getting as many big bodies hitting in Lamar or Huntley as possible, and I think that's a big key to the game. So I'm sure they'll have some backup linemen in there too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I would think so. So Yeah, good stuff from him, and well, good stuff from you today, Matt. But that's glad to do it for our show. We would like to thank our guest Bob Labriola for stopping by that was good. And for my partner Matt Williamson, for Justin Miller here keeping us on the air. I am dale Llly. We thank you for listening to this edition of the Drive on Steelers Nation Radio