Speaker 1: Don't answer the phone.
Speaker 2: Elvis Duran, the Elvis Duran phone tap.
Speaker 3: What a great email. This was my co worker. Darren has been called in for jury duty several times in the past year. How many can relate with him? Somehow, some way he has managed to dodge phone calls and letters from the city because he really doesn't want to serve jury duty. Please phone tap him, pretending you're from the courthouse trying to set a date for him to appear, and watch him try and weasel and wiggle out of doing this jury duty stuff. And this comes to us from Karen anyway, So Scary is going to start the call as a representative from the courthouse, which is very believable. Karen will be listening in on the other line as we phone tap Darren.
Speaker 1: Let's listen it.
Speaker 4: Hello, may speak to Darren please. Yeah, this is Harvey Maths with the Bergen County Courthouse.
Speaker 1: How are you doing all right? You pretty good? We wanted to recruit you for jury duty and we wanted to set up a date right now real quick.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm in the middle of work right now.
Speaker 4: No, Well that's impossible because I had called your work and somebody over there gave me this number. All right, okay, So how could you be at work right now?
Speaker 2: One that's under your business?
Speaker 1: Did I catch you in a lie? Is that it?
Speaker 2: No? You did not?
Speaker 1: Then where are you working right now?
Speaker 2: I'm on the road for work. If you don't mind, I.
Speaker 1: Never said I minded. Now here's the deal, mister.
Speaker 2: The deal is call me on the landline, not my cell phone. Stop wasting my time. I'm working right now.
Speaker 4: Hello, mister Harvey Mathisbergen County Courthouse.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: I'm working right now. Don't bother me at work.
Speaker 1: Okay, we need to set up a date today.
Speaker 2: Be a letter in the mail and I will answer the forum. Do it the right way.
Speaker 4: We've sent you letters in the mail already, sir, and we're going to get a court officer over there. If we cannot come to an agreement today on when you're going to be serving, well, you're.
Speaker 2: Not sending me letters because if you send me letters, you would get answers to letter.
Speaker 1: We sent you several letters, and you thought you could duck out on jury duty.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think I can duck out on it.
Speaker 1: Let's call a spade a spade, sir.
Speaker 2: Good, then gout it be down that I refuse to go. All right, I have had enough.
Speaker 1: You cannot refuse jury duty, sir.
Speaker 2: Actually, I can refuse anything I wanted. Last time I checked this with a free country, isn't it? Is this a free country?
Speaker 1: Have you ever checked the fine print in our constitution?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 4: We can subpoena you to serve and you're failing to comply with this.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna pay me my salary in fault because I don't get paid to go to jury duty.
Speaker 1: We don't have to pay your salary, sir.
Speaker 2: Then we're gonna pay me for the time off.
Speaker 1: You will be paid six dollars and fifty cents an hour.
Speaker 2: And that's not enough to feed my family. I'm the only income in my family. So you are telling my daughter she can't eat.
Speaker 1: Okay, now I'm not saying that.
Speaker 2: Whenever you are, you're telling me. If I have to appear, my daughter can't eat.
Speaker 1: It is your calling. This is what we do. Everyone has to do this at one.
Speaker 2: I don't believe in your system. I have seen nothing but injustice come out of the court system.
Speaker 1: This is a government system that doesn't work. It works fine, okay, now it doesn't that's your opinion.
Speaker 2: You're right, because everybody right now guilty.
Speaker 1: Everybody who's guilty.
Speaker 2: Anybody that I go off against is guilty because that's the way I'm going to find them.
Speaker 1: You mean you're going to be prejudiced.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you better believe it.
Speaker 1: We'll put you on a triple murder.
Speaker 2: Trial and they're guilty.
Speaker 1: I'll see to it.
Speaker 2: You don't see it or nothing. The conversation is done, you know, with me and the like you're supposed to.
Speaker 1: I already did.
Speaker 2: Was you know you did not?
Speaker 1: Yes? I did.
Speaker 2: Where's your sign documentation?
Speaker 1: I sent you several private several prove it, several prive it? Yeah, okayve it, I move it.
Speaker 4: I'm going to have a court officer there on Monday morning, sir, they can kiss my ass.
Speaker 2: The government.
Speaker 1: We're taking you away in cuffs.
Speaker 2: That sounds great. I love it. I love you know why? I like being handcuffed.
Speaker 1: You like being handcuffed?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sure, per consider this one. I will sue your ass.
Speaker 1: You can't sue so we're a government agency.
Speaker 2: Yes I can. I could do whatever I want. It's a free country.
Speaker 1: If you start saving to feed your family today, you'll be fine.
Speaker 2: You don't know what my income is.
Speaker 1: What is your income? Sir?
Speaker 2: You don't have a right to ask me that.
Speaker 1: Yes I do. I just did.
Speaker 2: I holler I'm talking to my boss. Yeah, okay, Bobby Tom, I can't talk right now. He's busy right now, we're on a job. He has to go. How would I say, okay, we're coming to get you.
Speaker 3: He's such a little bit.
Speaker 2: Not interested.
Speaker 4: Despite what freedom you might think you have, you don't have a choice.
Speaker 2: What does it take to tell you I'm trying to do my job here and you're interrupting my job.
Speaker 1: You don't know who you're messing with.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do, an.
Speaker 1: You're right, I am a moron. This is scary Jones from Elvis Durant in the Morning Show. You've been phone tapped.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great.
Speaker 1: Karen over at the office wanted to play this on you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna kill you, Karen, Elvis.
Speaker 1: Duran's phone tap. This phone tab was pre recorded with permission granted by all participas the
Speaker 2: Elvis Duran phone tap only on Elvis Duran in the Morning Show