Speaker 1: Welcome in friends. This is leading off.
Speaker 2: I am Chris Welsh and joining me today is the wonkiest of the penguins. It's the wonky Penguin On Twitter, Kelly Kirby making her debut.
Speaker 1: Kelly, how are you?
Speaker 3: I am doing quite well? How are you?
Speaker 2: I apologize that, like all the years that you've been watching, it's like, oh, there's Joe, and there's Dan Harris and everybody, and then your first one it's with the Welsh. But I am very happy to be doing the first show with you. And oh, I don't know, maybe the most ridiculous day of the entire baseball season for you to come on as far as news goes, because we've got the MLB trade deadline, which built up went for down just a tiny bit. We had the return of the greatest picture in the land, and things have not changed.
Speaker 1: There's no more run support.
Speaker 2: But who would have thought that all of that could be overshadowed by really really sad news last night, the passing of absolute icon baseball icon, Vin Scully. Kelly, and I know I think you even tweeted out a tributor to about just your experience ninety four years old, sixty seven years between the Brooklyn and Los Angeles Dodgers. Absolutely, just it's such shocking because of the age, but just the scope of what was going on yesterday, that we ended that day of baseball with the passing of an icon.
Speaker 3: That's true. I'm here representing the Central time zone and for many, many years I would stay up as long as I could to watch a Dodgers game when he was calling it because he just has he just was perfect. He had a perfect voice. He more than any other broadcaster ever, was able to use silence so masterfully, like he would call the what happened, and then he would just kind of let you be, let you listen to it, and he was just brilliant. So I really appreciated him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I had a I started to pose the question though it's not really necessary, but it's like, you know, this was the baseball's version version of like John Madden and losing John Madden.
Speaker 1: In football, and you know, you could ask, like which.
Speaker 2: One is more iconic, and maybe John Madden in like, you know, the even I mean, they both just you know, had a grand scope of outside of the game Madden to the video games and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: But I mean the the Icon of Icons. I pulled up this. I thought this would be interesting.
Speaker 2: It is ten amazing facts about Vin Scully's career. I would just burn through real quick for everybody, kind of in celebration of him. This article is a little bit old, but these aren't really going to change. So here are ten facts for you about Vin Scully's career. Did you know he was the youngest who ever broadcast a World Series game? Imagine this twenty two years old. Can you imagine twenty two years old like to play nineteen fifty five at twenty two years old.
Speaker 1: There's no chance. There's no chance I was doing any of.
Speaker 3: This stuff, not at all at twenty two. No, that would have been impossible.
Speaker 2: Number nine he gets he got a salute from the umpires before every single game. I thought it was an interesting one. He got his big break broadcasting a college football game. It was a Maryland football game. Which actually is going to come up, I believe in a trivia question I have. I almost gave it away by giving you a little bit more. He's called nineteen no hitters. Nineteen no hitters. The first one was Boston Braves pitcher Vern Bickford, and the last one, how perfect. Clayton Kershaw twenty fourteen, very interesting. The last couple this is just like a random one. They said he can make a grocery list sound amazing where I think they have a video of him reading off some like that. He was once a seventies daytime star. He hosted a variety I did not know this daytime variety show called The Vin Scully Show on CBS, which had skit, celebrity interviews, stand up comedy, and even singing. If only Vin Scully was singing on there, that would have been great. He could have been the original voice of Monday Night Football because apparently in nineteen seventy ABC the executives were wanted to give the job to Scully, but they ended up going in a different direction and he had I think he passed on it as well. He once played college baseball against a former president.
Speaker 1: That would be President George H. W. Bush.
Speaker 2: He was a center fielder in Fordham back in nineteen forty seven. He once I think this is the famous one I saw, and well, actually I'm going to tell you the other one real quick. His favorite player was actually a giant in Willie Mays. And then the one I saw going around Twitter yesterday. Kelly was that he had once raised Jackie Robinson on ice skates.
Speaker 1: Sure sure it.
Speaker 3: All sounds like Vin Scully type things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it does.
Speaker 2: Probably a lot of memories out there for a lot of people in in experience over time of getting to hear you know, your childhood grew up with you know, Vin Scully, And I mean there's only so many iconic, you know, personalities in baseball that are doing commentary. We don't have it the same way. But very sad you don't need to keep going through it. But ninety four years old Vin Scully taking kind of over the top of the news because it's a big deal. But we did have the return of Jacob de gram who was right back in form. Kelly went five innings, allowed three hits, one earned run, struck out six, did not hit the props. Someone pointed out, I was all over the Welsh game or the Mets game. The Welsh was, and I was, and boy did that look like old school Mets Kelly. It's full over in my mind. No run support. He got pulled early, but he was hitting one O two. Your thoughts on the return of Jacob de Grom, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I think he looked good, and I was actually almost, i don't know, bolstered by the idea that it was kind of a normal outing, Like it wasn't, you know, fourteen strikeouts and five innings and so it kind of looked like, yep, he was back. And then to watch the bullpen kind of just you know, like you said, I'm like, here comes classic to your own, like the Mets played right into it for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was super disappointed too, because I mean, you guys know, I was aggressive on really anything with him. Yesterday they had a B squad out there that was embarrassing. The minute to Grom got out, they got lit up for whatever reason, and you expect maybe to hold back a little bit, but that they went fifty nine pitches on to Grom. That was super disappointing. But you know, I'll go down with the ship on that one. Every day he looked phenomenal. If for anyone watching fastball sitting around, you know, anywhere from one o two to ninety nine, his slider looked phenomenal. He had a pinpoint strikeout just whether he was putting it on the corners or.
Speaker 1: Below, and he looked great. He just looked right back.
Speaker 2: Into form, which I think is the really big plus here. Something the monitor will be when are they going to unleash to Gram And it's probably going to be a few starts here, but de gram right back into form and it was a huge, huge bright point to yesterday. Now, the trades, I don't even know how we begin with this, because.
Speaker 1: There were a litany of them we talked.
Speaker 2: Luckily we were able to talk about Wan Soto's trade yesterday on the show because I think it happened like ten minutes before we went live. We definitely were missing some big moves. Let me start with that. Who was the biggest surprise in your mind that didn't get moved? We had no Pablo Lopez, we had no Carlos for Don, We had no Ian Happ, no Wilson can Trast and no JD Martinez probably the biggest five that did not get moved. Which one kind of held you back the most? Did you think was going to get traded that didn't?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm a Cubs fan, so I'm going to just say that the two of that, I sat on the Fantasy Pros news desk and I just kept refreshing Twitter and just waiting for it, and it got to be about like four thirty pm my time, and I was at a different job and I'm just sitting there, going, We're going to trade though, right, Like I mean, it just kind of when it didn't happen, I thought, okay, so what are we doing? What's the plan here? So yeah, that was the one that was just totally surprising to me.
Speaker 2: We were doing a live stream on our twitchet TV slash in this League and we ran a poll like after the first hour, it was like, all right, who's the next big guy to get traded? And the poll was like unanimous. Wilson controllers everyone was like, oh, yeah, Wire is totally getting traded. That was the biggest shock to me because that's a guy that's on two months and he's a free agent. But I think what it ultimately came down to was the compensation they can get if he signs elsewhere and get a pick versus what teams were willing to give up, which I'm still surprised no one stepped up the Mets. Obviously, they said the ask was high, and the Mets didn't really do anything.
Speaker 1: We did have a couple big moves.
Speaker 2: I think We had a lot of like fine moves, but a couple big ones. This one came after the trade deadline had passed, but obviously it came in before wit Merrifield going to the Blue Jays in a nothing trade. Mexicus Dill Shaman, Taylor, Siamont Taylor had a decent mind League season. But whit Mayfield goes from the Royals. The obvious insanity of all of it is, Okay, he's not vaccinated in Toronto and whatever that's going to be besides all that, not at that point, and nonsense, him going into that lineup.
Speaker 1: Though, he's a huge boost.
Speaker 2: And we ran a poll as well, like who was the biggest trade impact?
Speaker 1: But all of them, and I think Wit came in.
Speaker 2: Number two because we were also including, you know, days before. If WIT's hitting two and you've got him sandwich between George Springer and some version of Vladimiric Garero, Alejandro Kirk and all that, the run opportunities are huge.
Speaker 1: They love to run. He's going to continue to do that.
Speaker 2: How big of a boost do you think whit Mayfield going to Toronto, assuming he plays all the games, is Kelly Well?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think for both fantasy and real life. It's a huge boost. Springer's like dealing with the elbow injury again, so he'll probably kind of take his place for a little bit, but the amount of running that they do, and also I think Maryfield getting motivated is kind of a big deal as well, Like I feel like he plays a little bit harder when he's motivated, but being able to just kind of stand on base and then trot around whin Vladier Kirk homers in his counting stats are going to go up. It really should be. That was actually the biggest one from a fantasy impact that I think he's the one that will have the biggest change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from yesterday, I think that is true from the totality. You know what actually ran away with it on our polling was Trey Mancini. Trey Man scene actually ran away of everybody's and I think you actually put it in the chat yesterday of the implied homers that he would have had in Houston. So, you know, it's a big one with Maryfield, especially if that team gets going again. Toronto, I don't think made the big impactful moves. I think they kind of swung and miss figuratively in the trade market of you know, some guys that they wanted to get, but this does bolster their offense. Another big one, Tyler Moley goes to the Minnesota Twins. They needed some help, especially if you're going to be at the top end of this division.
Speaker 1: They got I think.
Speaker 2: Their clothes and Jorge Lopez, which I really like. That trade Maley was a good one. They traded Spencer Steer, Christian and Karnashiel and Strand and Steven Ajar. I have been saying watch Spencer Steer because I think he's a sneaky ad as someone.
Speaker 1: The Reds could bring up.
Speaker 2: Now he's hit twenty homers Sugg a little bit tiny bit in Triple A, but twenty four years old in Triple A. Twenty bombs had made a lot of early season contact and right now, like what is it, Donovan Solano is at third base, so I think they can move Kyle Farmer over to third. Steer could finish out the years a shortstop to really see what they have with him. He could have some fantasy impact. But Molly to the Twins is such a huge, huge boost that you now, just like Luis Castillo, you have run support, you have a better def you have. Really everything is better there. So I would say probably from a pitching standpoint, that's got to be one of the top ones, at least on trade deadline day is improving.
Speaker 3: I think anytime you take anyone out of great American ballparks from a pitching standpoint, they have to get an automatic boost, and Minnesota had. Minnesota's ballpark can play both ways depending on what's going on, but for the most part it plays like a pitcher's park. And for the Twins, you know, I live in Minnesota, and every year when the regular season's done and the Yankees sit in the playoffs, I mean, we just kind of were like, look, good season. Let's not even bother. So it's nice to have at least one picture that we can you know, kind of be like, yeah, let's do that before we start, you know, praying for Dylan Bundy to just like good Dylan Bundy.
Speaker 1: Everyone shaking hands like good job, good job.
Speaker 3: We did literally like yeah, he was like what good try good good season.
Speaker 1: So next year we'll get them next year.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: There were some other I'm gonna rottle off some of the hitting ones and you tell me which one you like.
Speaker 1: The most.
Speaker 2: Harrison Bader went to the Yankees. Brandon Drury leaves the Reds in a full full time role to presume full time role, but it could be a little platoony with the Padres. Joey gallow goes to the Dodgers. You had Eric Costmer was kind of the big shocker. Eric Cosmer turned down going to the Nationals yesterday and that did not anything. He ended up getting moved in a Red Sox trade. So between Eric Hosmer, Joey Gallo, Brandon Drury, Harrison Vader, which move did you like the most from a fantasy perspective.
Speaker 3: Well, I know that Mayer's most excited about Hosmer. He made that quite clear on Twitter. But I would say the one that makes me actually the most excited, weirdly is Gallo to the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Really, I feel like.
Speaker 3: He can't get worse, and I feel like New York was crushing him.
Speaker 2: And you know what, Gallo, you test him, You can he get get worse?
Speaker 1: You test him?
Speaker 3: I know, I mean, you know it's like you that interview that he gave just really like I thought, yeah, let's just get him out of here. And the Dodgers certainly can use, you know. I mean, if just don't put him in Belager back back, I think that would be right.
Speaker 2: Here's what I'm voting for for the Earth. It is tune in baseball. If you get Muncie, Gallo and Bellinger back to back, please do that. And I am here for I will live stream that if I can get those, So it might be the most exciting thing you could have in the entire baseball season, that you could have an immaculate inning that you should tune in for an immaculate inning.
Speaker 3: That is.
Speaker 1: I don't get the trade. I hated it, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: It's a good thing, I guess for Gallo, I just didn't understand it overall. Like the Brandon Drury one, It's probably not a big fantasy boost, but I think it's one of I guess, if you look at from a boost perspective, Gallows actually probably is the best because he's got a probably a better opportunity for some playing time there where Drury didn't really help himself. But I still feel like he is the best asset across all of those all those hitters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's just kind of the reverse Molly to me, where I'm like, you're taking him out of that ballpark, and I think he because I'm not sure what his splits were. I looked at but at home I was he was like a perennial home run call for me, especially if he left he was on the mountain, but on the road, I was kind of like, I don't know. And also, you know with the padres, but now they can really go right, left, right left, I mean right down the road.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you get versus every single lefty like he's the most against all day long on the pictures, just kind of cleaning it up here. David Robertson went to the Phillies, which that looks like that could be a closer situation. Rice, like Glacias, for anybody that paid really high on him, goes to the Braves, which is a little dicey because you know, Kellen Jansen's not healthy, but when he's healthy, you assume he has the gig.
Speaker 1: So he's a little bit of a big question.
Speaker 2: Mark Anthony Bass was in another trade between Robertson.
Speaker 1: Here's a question.
Speaker 2: Who's more valuable the rest of the season, David Robertson or Rice Galacias.
Speaker 3: I mean in fantasy I think because Robertson is probably going to step into the closure role. And I think someone I saw on Twitter said that Jansen was going to retain the closure role in Atlanta. So Robertson, But I yeah, again, I feel like Phillies closers have some sort of weird curse sometimes all the way back to like Mitch Williams. But yeah, so I would go with Robertson in a saves Holds league. I would way rather have I Glaciers.
Speaker 2: One percent well, because he doesn't really lose any value. If anything, he goes to a better opportunity to save hold league.
Speaker 1: You could argue rys Iglesias improved.
Speaker 2: Exponentially his value leaving the Angels and going to a team like Atlanta.
Speaker 1: I could completely agree with that.
Speaker 2: But that's what's so funny about this is like David Robertson goes into like a clear role.
Speaker 1: This is a funny thing.
Speaker 2: I just thinking about Full Metal had put in Gallo and Bellinger could be the downfall.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers to think about this.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, within the last forty eight hours, the Padres traded for Josh Aderjuan So and Josh bell and the Dodgers brought in Cody Joey Gallo, Cody Bellinger too. I could say the same thing. They're the same player, so really interesting perspective. If the Padres don't.
Speaker 1: Win, it's going to be embarrassing.
Speaker 2: On the injury front, there's a whole bunch. Drake Scouoble ended up landing on the IL after that left arm fatigue that we were given. Probably gonna play him really easy the rest of the year. Justin Turner going on the ten day IL retroactive to July thirtieth. John Gray was placed on the fifteen day or with an oblique injury.
Speaker 1: You talked about it, Kelly talked about it.
Speaker 2: George Springer was out again last night, hasn't played since Saturday. Always nagging injuries. Abby so Garcia's got a hamstring. Byron Buckston did not play day to day with knee issues out of Monday and Tuesday, and David Bednar did not get a save opportunity, which had everybody freaking out for like, you know, twenty minutes on Twitter, but he was dealing with some back issues. So, Kelly, do you have a Byron bucks in comment? You need to get off your chest? Do you need to get out Byron bucks You can't do it in the chat. You can't ras me you know about Byron buctions. Do you need to get something off your chest?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean I the trade deadline in one of my more intense leagues was over on the weekend and I benefited from a Buxton for a Rose Arena trade because a couple of picks came with it. But the whole time as I received Buxton, I thought, oh, no, like it's just a I feel so I feel so bad for him, but I also can making jokes. You quiet acquired him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so now you're on the train. Okay, so breaking news. The Walke Penguin officially team Byron Buckston. Just want everyone to know. So anytime he does anything, make sure to tweet the Wonky Penguin to let to let Kelly know.
Speaker 3: Here another breaking news. Now that he's on my team, he won't play the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: So okay, he'll be perpetuity, He'll never get done. Yeah, here's a fun fact that you actually put on the sheet here.
Speaker 1: Wan Soto has a career OPS of one to sixty.
Speaker 2: Only four players have had a higher OPS through their age twenty three season.
Speaker 1: It's almost a trivia thing.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to do it because we have another good piece of trivia, Ted Williams, Tykab, Mike Trout and Albert pool Hooles.
Speaker 1: That is quite a group to be added to.
Speaker 2: And just remind you, I don't you know, we've never we talked about the impact and the biggest trade that we've ever seen. We've never seen a guy at this age with this type of success in their career be tray like this, which makes it so unique.
Speaker 1: And the path that he's.
Speaker 2: Going on younger than probably I think usually you see the number like half of the guys that were just drafted the MLB Draft. I mean, he's still in that range. Another thing is that game you play. I always played this where it's like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I'm just young enough. You know, I'm still young.
Speaker 2: Enough like your thirties, like I can still play or something like that, Like Wan Soto is gonna be in that forever where it's like he's still in the same class of guys in the minor league. So that's a very very interesting one. Here is a trivia question and Kelly gets to see it. You guys don't so I talk to you guys about the fun facts of Vin Scully, and this one.
Speaker 1: Popped up here.
Speaker 2: Vin Scully's first professional radio assignment, as I mentioned, was a college football game played at which major league ballpark? So it was Maryland versus Boston University in nineteen forty nine. Any guesses at which major league ballpark the college football.
Speaker 1: Game he announced was.
Speaker 2: I thought this was a really, really fun, interesting one. Anybody in the chat wants drop that in. We can go and we can give you credit if you can get this, because there's no chance.
Speaker 1: I would have got that.
Speaker 2: This Ariza Giza, Actually the Yankee Stadium is incorrect. There's probably only so many that you guys can guess. We'll go through some stat heroes. Kevin Gosman eight innings, one hit, ten strikeouts. Muh, Kevin Gosman even more double muh muh. Spencer's Strider six and two thirds, one and run, three hits, thirteen strikeouts.
Speaker 1: Kelly.
Speaker 2: I have been a Spencer Strider guy for quite some time. I've talked on here about how I got a tongue lashing on the dumb Twitter about me asking even asking the question. By the way, Spencer Striter or Aaron Ashby and just all the people losing their minds about it. Usually when you do something wrong, everyone lets you know, Wonky thank you very much yesterday reminding me about Fran Morays. Nobody likes to tell you when you do things right. I am starting to get a couple more trickling in about how I've been on Spencer Strider.
Speaker 1: Is Spencer Striter.
Speaker 2: Moving into an elite territory for you? Or do you think even you know this is like a Dynasty versus Redraft question. I know there's a question on this year versus maybe innings that are gonna come down, but do you think he is an lead option this year? And how elite in a longer dynasty format?
Speaker 3: I love him? So you actually kind of talked me into him in a couple of different leagues, mostly Redraft. Yeah, I know you're you're my hero now, but yeah, he I hesitate to call him elite just because I've seen him do some weird stuff, but at that kne rate, yeah, I mean, I think, what do you think? Top?
Speaker 1: Oh? Am?
Speaker 2: I redraft my Redraft ranks. I'm updating this Friday. I think they'll be released and I moved him up another bump I actually trade it from. I gave up one of the bigger hauls that I've get up in quite some time in a dynasty league the other day, where I gave up a couple big prospects and a first round pick, I gave up Josh Young. I know it's go'da be crazy for Josh Young and James Wood and a first rounder and a sixteen teamer, but I believe in him and I needed some more starting pitching, and I feel really good about, as you know, just acquiring him yesterday.
Speaker 1: He has got this is what I want to look at. He doesn't.
Speaker 2: He's still not under the qualifications, which is super annoying here, but under k per nine on the season, if you open it up a little bit, he is the number one k per nine in all of baseball with eighty or more innings with a thirteen point seven to six k p nine. Above show Heyo Tani, above Dylan CEA's, above Christian Javier and above Shane McClanahan.
Speaker 1: That's the territory. Yeah, it's top twenty. It's top twenty right now.
Speaker 2: The worry you have is that he's going to be uh, you know, limited on his innings at this point, he and like you said, it's a little no pun intended wonky as well in game where it's like, you know, command can go all over the board.
Speaker 1: That's why I've.
Speaker 2: Been comping him to like Shane McClanahan, light like it reminds me of the same thing. McClanahan had some command issues early on and really got it. Gram Ashcraft eight and one third, three strikeouts, Corey Abbott five innings, three strikeouts. On the hitter front, Jorge Matteo had two bombs with five homers. All of the late late rounders are cheering. Hassan Kim, looking like he's going to become a utility player, goes four for five. Marshall Lazuna Trent Grisham both had a couple of bombs. Mookie Betts homer, going three for five, Carson Kelly had a homer. Jershan Profar was five for six with two RBIs Eloy perfect three for three, Jake Crona worp one homer, two RBI. If we're going back to the question, Darryl, that's right. It was in Boston Finway Park nineteen forty nine, Maryland versus Boston University. Vin Scully's first ever professional radio assignment, and it wasn't baseball, but it was at Finway, So good job for Darryl hitting out.
Speaker 3: Wasn't it also super cold that day? He I think they put him up on like he was outdoors, like just sitting kind of on the side, and it was He's from what I remember, he just said it was like ridiculously cold, ridiculously Wendy so boss it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's a weird stereotype. Like I when I think of like nineteen forty nine, it's always cold. In my mind, it doesn't matter where in the country, it's just cold. Like if if someone says, hey, that day in nineteen forty nine, doesn't matter the country, the state, the city, it's cold. To me, it's super cold. People are wearing jackets. There's there's you know, just depressive lifestyle. I just you know, maybe maybe prohibition is still coming.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just anything like post sixties. I'm like, it's super cold there. So yeah, I would think it's unbearable. On stat Zero's Corey kannebl five earned runs, couldn't get out of a full inning. Brad Keller. Brad Keller, Actually there's a trade rumor going on. He didn't and he gave up eight earned runs five and two thirds. Alex would got lit up six earned. Spencer Howard. There's a Spencer Howard. What I bet him against next week? Last week he was the Spencer Strider and then he finally got lit up.
Speaker 1: He gave up six earned runs and four innings.
Speaker 2: That strikeout prop he was the number one on betting pros did not work out. Logan Gilbert got lit up a little bit six earned. Jamison tie on five earned runs, though he did hit the.
Speaker 1: Strikeout mark I believe.
Speaker 2: I think it was five and a half or four and a half yesterday and he got six even though he got beat up a little bit on the hitters front. Charlie Blackman oh for five with three k's, India had three. Solano, who I just mentioned why you should look at Spencer Steer had four strikeouts yesterday going oh for five.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Melndez, Nelson, Cruz, Alec Bohm, Candelario, Jadie Martinez and Andrew ben and Tendi all three strikeout games, which is no bueno.
Speaker 1: No bueno, guys.
Speaker 2: We have an updated home run leader board.
Speaker 1: Walk wou'd you have yesterday?
Speaker 3: I had rowdy twelves yesterday.
Speaker 1: No rowdy, I didn't get mine.
Speaker 3: Oh no, he got he got one.
Speaker 2: Oh you did get one. See what a beautiful thing we have you on. I wish we could get you on the board. But look this race right here, Die Blam and night King North are coming for High Cubby. High Cubby has been if I you can tell me, Kelly, I don't recall. I don't think high Cubby's had a homer in quite some time. But maybe I'm wrong about that because maybe they jumped up. But dee Blom and Knight King are right on the tail. Mike Mayor at thirty five, my boy Delgado down there at thirty three, and yesterday fifteen correct calls. Last night on the top board, Deeblam had Mooki, Night King had Paul Goldschmidt, Mike Mayor had Mooki, and then a whole bunch of other gold Schmid's actually got everybody else on the board.
Speaker 1: And that is quite the market. Do you know where you're at, Kelly, I.
Speaker 3: Am one above you, which thanks said, I'm yeah, I'm not sure. I got two in the first week, and then I think I took all of may off, so everyone ran away, and I was kind of just still sitting there thinking should I just start calling Judge? You know, it got ugly for a while.
Speaker 2: I think the same thing. I like you said that You're like, yeah, against you. It makes me sad, But I kind of have the same thing.
Speaker 1: Like you know, for the.
Speaker 2: First three months or two months I was on here, I was only on here three days a week, and I wasn't really calling them on the other ones. But you know, I just it hasn't necessarily been my thing. But you guys are running away with it and doing fantastic. But I would still point out Aaron Judge in real life baseball has more home run calls than us who have been calling it Monday through Friday. Who can get three homers in a day? And Aaron Judge is still beating us. All friends want to remind you guys to go and check out our sponsor bet MGM.
Speaker 1: Go and check them out today.
Speaker 2: Use a promo code leading off, whether it's on the app or on the website. When you do, you are going to get a one thousand dollars risk free first bet. You can go, put it on an awesome prop you can do whatever you want with it a game call, use promo code leading off over a bet MGM, and that's why we come over here and we give you some bets.
Speaker 1: Maybe you could do checking it out.
Speaker 2: I've got your top total base and your top strikeout prop for the Bettingpros dot Com prop cheat sheet if you want to check it out. And I apologize, Donnie, I still have not got the crown. It's actually my kids first day at school. It's the perfect day to have gotten it because my daughter can't be mad that I grabbed the tiara. I apologize, Kelly. I know you said it was a must. I completely forgot. Everybody is on me about the Tiara.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I had to take my kids to school so early this morning.
Speaker 2: I will bring it out next show that I'm on with Wonky. I promise you I will have the Tiara. But Wonky, we've got the top two total This is the top total base in top strikeout option for Betting Pros prop cheat sheet, the number check it option. Jalen beaks at on DraftKings at one and a half I think is the over. That's all they have again, there's a projected four four to five I think, so it's a great marker, and Kyle Schwarber the total base king here it is at half, but it's minus one fifty five. That's actually the best juice that you can find, either one of those. You're into Beaks on the strikeout or Kyle Schwarber at just one total base today, So.
Speaker 3: Beaks, it's just going to be an opener. Yarborough's coming in I think inning two or three, so the one and a half is you know, it looks good though up against Toronto, I think that he can get that. But yeah, I swear we're over no problem. And that's one and.
Speaker 1: That's where the projection is.
Speaker 2: And I will tell you guys, today total bases are wild. They're in the top thirty projected on the prop sheet. There was not one that I saw that was plus money, or maybe there was only one. It's a crazy market today, so I'm being careful. The one I did find I thought was the best in my mind was Rafael Devers, which is at minus one oh five, so almost even money. Up against the Astros. You've got and you've got a left you got a right hander. For Rafael Devers, this is his money spot, hitting three thirty three against righty. So I love Ralph field Devers at almost even money over on FanDuel and the other one you know, fool me once. But Freddy Peralta, I know he's returning his strikeout numbers at six and a half, but it's it's plus one twenty six against Pittsburgh. So I can't help myself on that one. I do worry about the how late he can go into games, but I feel like he'll go a little bit further than Jacob de Grom.
Speaker 1: Real quick DFS stuff.
Speaker 2: I just want to point out some of the big dogs. Al Kintara on FanDuel eleven point two today, Peralta's ten point five. Maybe a good play matchup wise is Joe Ryan at eight point four and implied implied run totals if you want to stack some players guys over five. Cleveland Mets and San Diego Mets the highest implied run total today. And I know it didn't work out yesterday, but I'm gonna go right back to it because, like I said, I can't help myself and Kelly, I'm going with pe Alonzo on the home run call today. I almost went mart I went back to the Marte total basis yesterday I ended up not doing it, but I am going pied Alonzo on my home run call today. I cannot help myself. And if it happens again and the Mets are gonna met me, I don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: Where are you going?
Speaker 3: Look? You know, I try to find people who are interesting. I try to find people that are kind of not chalky. But I can't see Juan Soto not homering off of cool Chad in San Diego like I. If he plays, I think he's going yard at least once. So yeah, because they have to pitch to him. Now, what an amazing what an amazing turn of events?
Speaker 2: Lineup protection is It's quite a thing. It's absolutely quite a thing. And I still have I don't know who Mayor has Do you know who Mayor's call is? He's not putting on the sheet anymore.
Speaker 3: So, Oh, I saw it, but I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Okay, who cares about it? And it's just Mayor whatever, It's just Mayor, No big deal. Kelly, You're off the hot seat. You did it. You did awesome.
Speaker 2: The Wonky Penguin on Twitter, what's uh you? What stuff do you have going on? Over at Fantasy pros that people should check out.
Speaker 3: First of all, shout out to Pans and Cracker Jacks. You are my people. I love you, and also high Mom and Dad because I think they're in the chat ready to defend me and I'm like, they're friends. It's fine over on Fantasy Pros. I mean, I'm like, Mom, you're not gonna have to find anyone. But anyway, on Fantasy Pros right now. I wrote a streamers article last weekend, but I would really like if you just ignore it because I had Brad Keller in last night, but tonight I do, but today I have Brady Singer and I'm a little obsessed with him. Otherwise, Yeah, you know, we've just got a ton of the amount of content that comes out every day on fantas Pros and cutting pros is amazing. So I get to kind of have my hands in it, and it's awesome, and.
Speaker 1: I want to give a hat tip to you. I've said it to you off air, you know.
Speaker 2: I know it's been a transition and I everybody's dealing with it a little bit.
Speaker 1: You know, I gotta say it's actually pretty good.
Speaker 2: I've got no real negativity, and I think a lot of people have hung out. But I know it's difficult for everybody to go from like Joe all the last year hosting all of this year and then you're kind of thrown in with me, and I know that can be jarring for a lot of people.
Speaker 1: But for the most part, I.
Speaker 2: Think I've I've seen all good stuff, everybody hanging out, and I'm super happy about that that hopefully I'm making the transition easier and still fun and not as weird.
Speaker 1: And Kelly is a big part of that. She has been a.
Speaker 2: Huge, huge help to putting together the show sheets on the back end, which I was not expecting, and I was a pleasant surprise on Monday and it's been a present, pleasant prize the whole way through. So I just want to publicly thank you for the great job that you do on the back end of putting some of this stuff together.
Speaker 1: So thank you very much.
Speaker 2: And friends, that is it. You're going to get to see more of Kelly in the near future. Here, the Wonky Penguin, the Welsh. It is leading off. Oh my god, a lot of news. Maybe tomorrow will be a little bit cooler. Oh guess who's on the podcast tomorrow? Nick Pollock picture list guys, tune in leading off, We're right here.
Speaker 1: Bye bye, So you