Speaker 1: Welcome back to Good Mom's Bad Choices. I'm Erica and I'm Mela. Happy Wednesday. Happy Wednesday, bitches.
Speaker 2: We're back in your city. Ho.
Speaker 3: I am very happy to be here, you guys. We are mid tour. We're at the very mid mark of our tour and we're in at l shouty. I feel so good when I'm here, and also like it always brings me back to my holidays. I'm like, oh God, good thing. I couldn't stay here too long. I'd be too much of a hope. But when I get back, I get energized.
Speaker 1: Well, you're here with your your boyfriend is also a host, so you guys can hoe together?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're working on it. We're working on finding the balance and our wholeness together. I know it's a struggle. You know, it could be a hoe independently and then you try to hoe together. And there's some logistics. There's some hoo logistics that takes some time to you know, calibrate. So you know, we're working on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got it.
Speaker 3: Monogamous host, how are you feeling. I know we've yeah, we've we've been traveling a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm tired, but I'm energized. The tour has been going really well. I've been selling out all of our shows. I feel really blessed and grateful that we've been able to do that. So I'm happy. My nick has been, you know, traveling with me. I literally kidnapped him. We'll talk about that later. Literally, okay, fine. I booked his flight in his sleep to Atlanta. He was laying next to me and we were drunk the night before, and he told me in his drunkness he would come. So I held him to that and we went to bed. I woke up in the morning and at his beautiful sweet face, and I was like, I think he does want to come to Atlanta, And I said, let me book this shit, and so I booked the flight for that same day. I woke up and I said, hey, don't be mad, and he was like what.
Speaker 2: I No.
Speaker 3: She had sex with him first, and then she said don't be mad, and he said to what. She said, You're not going back to where you live. You're coming with me because I bought you a ticket. Then you left, Tilly, but willingly got on the plane. So now we're on a world tour, double dating. Yeah. I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I'm tired of just being the fucking fourth wheel. I did it in Coasta, Rica. It's the third I can't whatever third wheel. I can't do it anymore. I'm tired of us. I love you, but you don't know what it feels like. Okay, okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You get to go back to your room and get fucked. I don't.
Speaker 1: I go back to my room and masturbaateed or go to sleep. It's the fucking depression.
Speaker 3: Every time I might be hugging him to much, I'm like, let me give him some space, so doesn't get triggered. Dace like, don't be too affectionate. Erica is gonna get mad. She's gonna feel left out. I'm happy he's here. Yeah, we've been. We we need help shit, honestly, like we have very special boyfriends because if you come into our cipher and you're not useful or helpful, then you can't stay. We need muscles and organization and shit like that. So can you like help or else? What the fuck is the point? So thank you guys, we love you.
Speaker 1: I love you anyway. I'm really excited because we have a special guest that I feel you know, we talk about manifesting, we talk about just like our like DM sliding skills. This is a true manifestation of our DM sliding skills. And I've been like following this beautiful woman for a long time, listening to her music. And then I looked in my DMS because I went to Afropunk and she was performing on stage and I made my nigga. I was like, oh my god, baby Mother's here.
Speaker 2: Well here she is.
Speaker 1: But I was like, she's here. We have to we have to watch her. I'm like, she has to hope she performs my favorite song. And we were just sitting there. I was like waiting and waiting, and I was like yes. I was like, let me a message her and see what she's up to. Where does she live anyway. I would like to welcome Brittany aka baby Mother aka bomb ass Rapper aka mother of four which which just style icon okay, overall creative to the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for coming, you know, agreeing to be our friend and perform at our show. I just posted you and someone was like, oh my god, it's so cool. You guys are her friend. I was like yeah, we just made her be our friend two weeks ago. Thanks, we're pretty excited.
Speaker 2: Friends.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, you know, I'm a number one stalker. So I was like, let me just message her. And then she messaged me back quickly, and I was like, oh my god, she meant what she checks her DMS like she does it herself.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know what I was.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I thought, but immediately I called you me.
Speaker 3: I was like, bitch, she answered, and then I was like, I wonder where she lives. I was like if she what if she lives in Atlanta? And then she she'll perform at our show. And she's like, oh my god. And then she called me back, She's like, she.
Speaker 2: Lives in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: I was like, it's time to wish our ship at we did a spell basically now you're here. The spell was us talking about it. And you need I mean, most of the time, that's all you need. Honestly, people underestimate the power of your words. Like literally, what you speak is our spells. So be intentional with them and say, hey, you're you gonna be my friend and you're gonna come on my show and you're gonna perform and then boila, you're my best friend.
Speaker 1: I just like when I when I first found you, I don't think it was on Apple or Spotify one of the one of the places. It was your name that drew me to you because I'm a baby mama and I was like, who is baby mother?
Speaker 2: And I think, just like our.
Speaker 1: Show, like people will gravitate towards our name, good mom's bad choices. Like it's just it's just straight to the point. You're like, Okay, I like this bitch, what's she talking about over here?
Speaker 4: It's so crazy because like when I first started, that name is what pushed a lot of people away from me, and I used to bothered by it, but to hear it on the flip side, it's just like that's what I wanted in the first place, So I shouldn't care about who the name doesn't resonate with.
Speaker 2: You see those people that wear those anyway.
Speaker 1: They are And your people, the people that are supposed to be your people, will come, you know, they'll come, and then other niggas WI will fall back, and we need that.
Speaker 3: There's always gonna be someone like you can have an idea or a birth something and there's always gonna be a hater or someone who doesn't like it. I think that's for the biggest lesson in this too. Hell of people were like, this is not a good idea.
Speaker 4: I feel more comfortable when people don't like my shit, though, because because usually when it's like something that everybody likes is probably either very bad or like, yeah, it's just never be it'd be overhyped, like when the mask is really Gravitate Toys.
Speaker 2: It it's just like that, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: It can feel I feel like maybe it can feel probably scary, because it's like, Okay, how do I, like, how do I maintain this this thing?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: And then you become like a like a prop whether you want to or not, Like you become some sort of symbol of something that you probably wasn't even trying to be in the first place.
Speaker 2: It was just trying to me right.
Speaker 1: You get hell to the standard of like everything you were perfect in the beginning, What the fuck is happening now? It's like, I'd rather be imperfect at the top so that when I am perfect, they're like surprised and you're like, oh.
Speaker 3: Shit, the majority doesn't really know shit. Like the majority of people don't have style. The majority of people don't have taste, so you're right. It's like it's it's like, you know, have to.
Speaker 4: Be told what to like in the first place. It's like I'm not praised.
Speaker 3: It's okay, Well none of our best friends at all. Just tell us more about yourself so we could be more best friends. Like how did you get started? Like tell us how you came to be an artist, baby mother, Like what has been your journey?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: I feel like I've always been an artist. I just was raised by our own people or the right people. It doesn't with the right people, it doesn't make sense. My mom's a can paint and draw that my mom's an artist and my dad's a barber. So I just feel like they would kind of like, you know, connect more with like the artists inside me. But no, they just want me to be very, very smart and that see, that's all they wanted, want me to be smart. They didn't care about anything that I wanted to do artistically. I've always drawn, I've always wanted to do fashion design, like I've always written poetry and so like those were like my things. But what got nurtured the most was just like school school, school, school, school, school, Like, I was in gifted classes pretty early, which is whird. You separate kids from other kids because they're quote unquote too smart, which doesn't even make sense. Like, so that's like my beginning years. It's just like I wanted to do art, but I kind of like had to suppressed because of my parents. So you get older and you get older and you stop giving the funk about what your parents talking about. And since I didn't have that outlet or anything to do sexpress myself, I start.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, that is an art form in itself.
Speaker 4: And so I'm like and so I'm like, from twelve to seventeen, I'm fucking like for no reason. And then seventeen, I have kids, and my life trans around. So when I started trying to do all these different things to like incorporate what I.
Speaker 2: Like to do with still please with my parents.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to school for cosmotogy, going to school for fashion design, going to all these schools for for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sh that I already fucking know. And then and then I go and then I fucking started entered corporate America. You know what I'm saying. That always sucks. That ship I can't even imagine in corporate America.
Speaker 1: Was supposed to picture I want.
Speaker 2: I want that show you.
Speaker 4: Because I pulled up pictures, I'm just like like literally the like, oh my god, it's kind of scared. Looking at normy pictures of me is so freaking scared because I'm just like, who the fuck was that?
Speaker 1: Like, I need to If you guys are not checking us out on YouTube, please check us out on YouTube, because baby mother is, she got bunny ears on, she got changed, she got a little school girl off, and her nails is popping. I don't see one ounce of corporate America posibilities here.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was definitely that I used to work at a call center.
Speaker 4: Man, I was a car center girl, and then I did like a couple like retail management, like for every twenty one.
Speaker 2: I was a manager for every twenty one.
Speaker 4: But then like the abuse and stuff at home, so I kind of just had to like leave, and I was homeless, and I was pregnant with my babies, like my baby twins.
Speaker 2: It was homeless, pregnant, and that.
Speaker 4: Shit changed my life because it's just like damn, that shit showed me that I can do a lot of shit. On my own, you know what I'm saying, Like being raised with my father. My father's Muslim, so it's just like once you be mad, code depending on him, and you know, he just wants you to second stick all day and make sure the dishes is clean.
Speaker 2: And I was not. That's not what I wanted to do with my life.
Speaker 4: But shawing being homeless for that, extending the period of time with two little ones and pregnant, I just bout stuff a little bit. And so when I got back on my feet a little big, it was my grandmother got really sick and I came to stay with her, so that become my feet a little bit. And that's when I just said, freaking. I had made a couple of songs before, like when I was when I was doing the corporate American Ship, I had made a couple of songs. People was fucking with it. Hella heavy, but it didn't, it didn't, it didn't steak.
Speaker 2: I didn't care that much.
Speaker 4: But once I had my little twins, I was just like, I'm gonna see what happens. And then that's when I decided to change my name. But that used to be Cindy Caush like.
Speaker 3: Cindy w Hoo from the Branch.
Speaker 1: I love I Also I heard you had a group called Money Over Niggas.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: I also loved high school. That was in high school, it's home seeing me and my cousin. I used to write poetry, and poetry just kind of turned into like rapping, and I would write songs for me and my cousins and we would just like wrap them sits in class. It never did too much. It was just me and my little cousins in school board for real.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Money Over.
Speaker 3: Niggas, get that tattoo.
Speaker 2: I tattoos so bad. I wanted to suspect.
Speaker 4: We used to draw it on our hands and we used to be like, oh look can I still do it?
Speaker 2: I'm old and many other niggas.
Speaker 3: Let's go on a tattoo after this, guys where thewist said, I'm pretty sure there's a tattoo of a tattoo shop summer.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty shit, but yeah, yeah, and that's and then I dropped my first tape, and then I got my first book. It off my first tape and I don't even know like we should just and it's always been like really low key, like underground stuff and I appreciate that aspect of it, because whenever I try to cross over into like big people world, mainstream world, it gets.
Speaker 2: Too, it gets too. I don't like it. I don't. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't understand what type of time the people be on. I don't understand what they be wanting from me. I don't stand what they want me to do, and the stuff that I do understand, I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 2: So it's a whole other language.
Speaker 4: Yes, Like I just want to do what the fuck I'm doing right now, Like I can get bigger like this, I don't have to.
Speaker 2: Ribe to the status quo.
Speaker 1: You know what, your longevity, You're gonna have more longevity that way.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: I believe that I want to go back to your childhood because I know from my researches you grew up in a pretty religious households it on both.
Speaker 2: Sides, on both sides. Like your mother.
Speaker 1: She is a Christian, right, Yes.
Speaker 2: That woman.
Speaker 4: You would think she she knew Jesus personally. Sh she does. That's crazy that she thinks she do, but she doesn't because the things that she she treats me weird for It's like Jesus would never like, did you really read that book or do you just use that book to position yourself above other people?
Speaker 2: My mom was like she was weird.
Speaker 4: I don't blame my mom for a lot of stuff that I went through as a child, because I feel like I feel like that generation of women just had to They just was doing what they knew how to do, and unfortunately it was a lot of like.
Speaker 2: Men centered behavior.
Speaker 4: Everything was about like this man.
Speaker 3: Yes, like like Jesus or just like other men, the men like her her man.
Speaker 2: But in the name of Jesus.
Speaker 1: Certain one carry is how your mother and father even came to be together, because theydad.
Speaker 4: Can be together in high school. My dad didn't become a Muslim until I was like five. And it's so goofy, Like everything about them is so goofy. I hope they watched this because y'all are goofy. Like that's so goofy to me. Nothing that they do makes any sense. Like my dad is like hell is strict. He tries to like pasture himself up to be like this great gentleman. He's like a really well known barber in my city, Like he's one of the biggest barbers where I'm from. But it's just like nobody knows they beats women. Well if they do, they don't care, but nobody knows, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And then my mom.
Speaker 4: Tries to act like this really holy entity, but she's just come back too, and it's just like I don't get it. But I'm the oldest and everything I do, it doesn't matter what I do. It's the end of the world on both sides.
Speaker 2: Like I got our.
Speaker 4: Brother, been in jail, said all that stuff, but I'm a problem. My my mom got mad kids and they all do all kind of different ship.
Speaker 2: But what I'm doing is the words.
Speaker 4: But I think my mom is more scared of me to anything because she thinks I worship the devil.
Speaker 2: And that's what That's where we clashed a lot. It's religion.
Speaker 4: Is like me and her will be doing good and then she'll bring up religion and then we'll be on the fence again. And the last time I talked to my mom, I was in the hospital and I got out of the hospital and.
Speaker 2: I made a joke. I made a joke.
Speaker 4: I used an Instagram filter and it had like you can put your face looking like Jesus is holding you and I'm fussing it and I was like I rose again, fuck Jesus.
Speaker 2: Jesus.
Speaker 4: Thing got shot on me and she blew my phone up like winning on me, and I went in on her because I'm tired of that ship, like I'm tired of I'm tired of that Like so, yeah, I haven't talked.
Speaker 2: To my mom since then.
Speaker 3: And where did she get that you worship the devil? You think just anything against Jesus, like a lot of people, is the devil because I.
Speaker 4: Talk about the devil a lot of my music with the Giggis. I don't even believe in the devil. That was not real to me. So growing up Christian the way that I did, I just noticed very early on how people would demonize my mom because she was a single parent, you know what I'm saying, So like I called myself the Devil's daughter, and no, because I think my mom is the devil, because that is how the world sees black women with children and like and even like little black girls, like we don't even get a chance to prove who we are with automatically demonize, you know what I'm saying, Like that is the metaphor and my mom, being an artist, I would think she will understand it. She don't care. She don't care. She don't care, and I've tried to explain it to her, but she don't care. It's just metaphorical to me. But to her, I worship say, you no help that I always talking about six and she too.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure that's part of it.
Speaker 3: So well, welcome to the club. I know. I asked, I asked you before we started, if you consider yourself a witch, and she said yes, you know, like six months, me and Erica or like we will privately beat witches. But she's like, don't say it on the show. She's like, you know, people are sensitive about the word witch.
Speaker 2: And then they really are.
Speaker 3: They really are. But it's like specifically like black people too, Like I think people who underestimate how much slavery is like in doctrine, in our cellularly, so like any mention, like anything against religion seems just like so terrible. But I think it's because like there was once upon a time for practicing our our native indigenous whatever like it was, it was punishable by death. So now if you talk against it, it feels like so terrible. I mean even making jokes because me and Erica water signs were dark and we make jokes. But yeah, I think that religion for a lot of people is like a cloak to them to their true selves. So you could be do evil shit and be an evil person, but in the name of Jesus, you know what I'm saying, Like, bitch, you ain't for nobody, right, So that's interesting that those parents produced.
Speaker 4: When when you when you when you're being raised on two sides of the spectrum. Because my dad is not like a like a holy Muslim from like wherever Muslims come from. I'm saying, he's a black man in America that's mad at white people and so he listens to Farkun and all and stuff like that. And it's just like my mom literally went a custody battle with me because she brought a coloring book to the custody hearing that my dad brought me that had poems about like the black man, the man that's black on the inside, one on the inside, the Oreo.
Speaker 2: Cookie, and they're like not the coloring yes, coloring book.
Speaker 4: It was like like when you're in like this this FOI this this this this islam or whatever that they have like all of this like propaganda loa ki and it's just like, you know, white people are whatever, but come on now, like a whole coloring book.
Speaker 2: For their kids.
Speaker 4: That's like build like building this hate early against white people. You know what I'm saying, Like t shae kids to be aware, but like this is violence, Like yeah, you're you know what I'm saying. It's like if if it was the other way around, it would be considered isis you know what I'm saying. So it's just like yeah, yeah, that shit was weird. But then and then you and then you go on the other side. You're raised by these people who are like fake kind, but then you see the Hey, it's like it makes you kind of like run away from both of them shits, and it makes you just want to more kind of like connect with who you are and what you believe in because there are some things in Christianity that I agree with, and there's some things in the Muslim religion that I agree with.
Speaker 2: But it's not the end.
Speaker 3: I'll be all.
Speaker 2: I feel like relationship be personalized.
Speaker 3: You know, absolutely, we're all different people. Yeah, I like what you said about like why you called yourself the Devil's daughter, and how people demonize like single black moms specifically, and like probably even growing up in the church, you still feel the shade and you see it like yeah, like it's so crazy when you're a single black mom and no one says that shit about the black dad, like it's just a stereotype and the energy that goes with that, like something must be wrong with you. And how you interpreted that like as a child, and how you felt that shit growing up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would see people like I would literally see people coming with my mom's face and be in our face like oh and literally the meaning my mom will hurt her bag, Like I see that. She'd like, my mom don't see it. She's too busy trying to people please, Like I see that shit. I see how people look at you. I see how people offer you things out of like pity, not like because they respect you because you're doing your thing.
Speaker 2: Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like if I see a single mom and and she going through something, and it's like if I can't help and I want to help, it's not because I feel bad for her, It's because like, damn, like I know how this shit is.
Speaker 2: This shit sucks, bro, Like, here you go.
Speaker 4: It's never that you're You're always beneath people, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And the more kids you have, the rest. My mom had five, So it's like, yeah.
Speaker 4: Everybody makes you feel like whatever you're going through, like if you have, if you haven't, man, you should be grateful because nobody's gonna want to beat you anyway. So be grateful for what you have, take what you can get, like please, it's it's it's just it's just a lot of time that I watched my mom go through they kind of like made me kind of want to be the woman and not even just my mom, but like my dad's wife, like the woman that my dad meet is just like no, no, no, I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't do it.
Speaker 4: I can't put myself through it, and I can't let my daughters watch me go through the shit that my parents went through.
Speaker 2: Can't.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess basically when you ran away too or like I guess going back to when you said your creativity ended up being in the form of fucking. I mean, I think a lot of people when they feel repressed and they feel like especially as around that age like around twelve eleven relieven. It's like you start really understanding, like you start understanding your body more. You start boys start giving you attention, and if you don't have any sort of guidance anybody having conversations.
Speaker 2: With you, you run towards that shit. I know.
Speaker 1: I was very promiscy was at a young age because no one was having these conversations and I was getting validation and attention from boys early, so I was like fuck it.
Speaker 2: And they were definitely having those conversations with you. If you didn't know nothing. The best little boys at school teach you. I know, I teach you that.
Speaker 1: It won't teach you what you want. Let me show you how to suck a dig real quick.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah, Like let make sure how I like you more. I'll let me see it. All the girls is the good the cool girls.
Speaker 2: Are doing right, yeah right, if you like me, you're gonna do this.
Speaker 3: And then in some ways it kind of like for me, I think because same I jumped in quick. I was like this seems fun, you know, and and like fuck but my parents said this is fun, but it seems like I think for a long time. I had this epiphany recently because like I said, literally truly, like I was holding in Atlanta, not like whatever, but I was in college. I came straight from high school and moved to Atlanta like around the corner, and I was so disconnected but doing it all the time, and I just felt, you know what, my mind was like I have control over this, like I'm doing because I want to do it, but I was.
Speaker 4: Like not connected to the Yeah, I was, so I've been thinking about like during those times I was having six Like what the fuck was there for? Like I thought, I was like I wasted so much of my body. Yeah, like for what when was I doing that for? I don't even remember. I remember the situation, but I don't remember what it feels like it It wasn't special, nothing was nothing was fun about it.
Speaker 2: It was just I was just doing it, just literally just doing it, just to do it.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of I think a lot of us go through that ship and it's just it's about it's probably about in the moment validation and then it's so fleeting that you don't even remember the feeling after it's done.
Speaker 4: Also because like it be like it be about the validation, but you don't get validated you get degraded.
Speaker 3: Like a little bit of you gets taken away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like you just chopping down more and more and more to the point where then they get to a point where you feel like you you absolutely feel like you have to do it because everybody knows that you don't already fuck this person, this person, this person, So now you have to fuck.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna get anything if you don't do that, like.
Speaker 3: Or like just subconsciously, you just feel like you should like you should like you, like I don't know, like doing somebody a favor, like he did take me home.
Speaker 4: Don't know that, And they will and they will make you feel like like boys are so predatory, and nobody talks about especially high school boys. I can think of so many situations that I've been in where biggas put me in positions where I had to do something.
Speaker 2: That I didn't want to do. It's right, somebody talks about that. Nobody talks about that.
Speaker 4: It's just boys being boys with everybody talks about these little girls being hosts, but nobody talks about how predatory high school boys can be.
Speaker 1: Bro It's true, and it's true, and if they do paint them as that boys will be boys and you have to.
Speaker 3: Be careful and actually, why don't you put yourself in that position and wear that skirt exactly. But it's like who's the mother of these boys?
Speaker 4: You know, they not knowing most of the time, and be like the girl probably just like one boy, and then she has to do everything, you know.
Speaker 2: What the whole crew.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, Like it's just it's just really shady, like really weird stuff that goes on. And I try to make sure that my son is not that type of boy Jesus Christ, because that's that is scary. And I can imagine, like especially now, like what little girls feel like they have to do, because it's a completely different time.
Speaker 2: It's so crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean, all these little girls are looking grown growner and growner and friends.
Speaker 4: Like males, and it's just like I'm not I'm not pressed about it, Like, girl, go ahead with your lex friend. Like I wish you could wear lace princes in school if we had lax friends back thing we got made front of you in a wig. So I'm glad that weigs are more acceptable now. And I like that the girls get to get cute and like feel themselves whatever, like let's they ship.
Speaker 2: But I just think about like.
Speaker 4: These little boys and like the music that we listen to now, and like how it's just it's scary having kids, man, it really is.
Speaker 1: And you had so you had twins. Well, first of all, you have two sets of twins with me. We were talking about before this. I was like, but you got a unicorn unicorny has some such magical gene inside of you. Yeah, but you had your first set when you were sixteen seventeen or seventeen seventeen.
Speaker 3: And the first set were boys or girls, A boy and a girl. Oh boy? Yeah, okay, yeah, that's so special.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 1: Like what was that like, especially like well especially you said you were were you still living with your father at the time or you were I was.
Speaker 2: Still living with my dad. My baby dad was grown as fuck.
Speaker 4: I would say, it's like twenty one, I'm seventeen, and so I was scared.
Speaker 2: But I also didn't have any feelings. It's like I didn't care.
Speaker 4: Like from from like age twelve to like after I had my kids. Bro. Like I was also on like ADHD medication. So it's just like I just didn't have feelings, right, Like, yeah, I just didn't. I didn't care about nothing. So it's just like to see you have a twins. She was like, oh shit, like that's that's crazy. But I don't think I remember like feeling any type of way my whole pregnancy. I know, I hit my pregnancy until I couldn't anymore. But other than that, other than me, it's scared I was gonna get caught, Like I didn't care until they got here.
Speaker 2: Were you hiding your pregnancy? Yeah? I hit it until I couldn't anymore.
Speaker 1: Like you said, oh shit, yeah, how what was?
Speaker 2: I was like, twins is pretty hard.
Speaker 4: I was like four or five months, and my dad just kept asking me, like when.
Speaker 2: The last time you had your period? When the last time you had ad I just got.
Speaker 3: Off my bloating, so the fuck you don't know my body? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just had to finally give it up, Like did you know you were having twins?
Speaker 4: I didn't know I was having twins until I went until I actually told my dad. But what was the kicker was like I had just got my drop at Pope's. I was working at Pope's and I was on the cashier citay and I kept passing out.
Speaker 2: Like passing out.
Speaker 4: Yes, I kept fainting, and it was when I it was when I went to the bathroom and I just, you know how like the bathroom floors be like ice cold, dirty as hell. I lay on there freaking nasty ass Pope's bedroom floor, That's how like it was just so much. I was just felt like I was so hot, and so I went home and my dad was like, where is room you And I just had to go ahead and be like, I think I'm pregnant.
Speaker 1: Mm So then did he kick you out of the house?
Speaker 4: My dad never kicked me out. I left because my dad used to jump on me, so he never kicked me out. My dad would let me see. My dad would let me stay and argue with me as much as I want to as long as I'm there, but he let me stay. I stayed with him up until I had the babies, and then after that I want to live with a unt of mine. And then after that I went back to live with my dad, and that's when I was homeless.
Speaker 2: And then after I was homeless, I went to live with my grandma. Well how was that with two young children? Being homeless? Like, how did you? How'd you do it? Well?
Speaker 4: First, I stayed in a shelter. I stayed in a shelter, and in the shelter you have to leave like at seven am every morning. I would go drop my kids off at the school around the corner from the shelter, and then I would just go to either my grandma's house or I would go to the library and stay at the library all day. And that's where I started learning about witchcraft and stuff like. That's how I started learning about myself and more things. And it was the most trauma was had, Like I don't I can't believe I made it through days Like that's like anything I go through, I just be like, at least I ain't right there no more, because that was I don't know how I got through that shit every day, Like.
Speaker 2: You know what mother I think.
Speaker 1: I think mother energy will do that. You know, you see you have two children that are kind of counting on you, and you're like, shit, I'm gonna I'm gonna get through this some way somehow. I always say, like single motherhood is as often like painted as this, very like sad, and it can be really lonely and it's it's difficult, but can also teach you like wow, I am motherfucking superwoman. I can do this shit and I will.
Speaker 4: Right and and and yeah, cause it would be like I was getting like, you know, you get like the welfare checks. So it's like, you got two kids, you want eighty five in Tennessee, you want eighty five a month, And.
Speaker 3: I'm just supposed to do what I gonna do with that?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I was making that shit shake in some kind of way. I was keeping my hair done like nothing else, Like I was gonna braik my own hair, like keep some little braids, and that was a cheap little haird cheap little tending out of hair to go get some brained hair. I was gonna keep my hair done, and my kids was gonna look like they had some sense, you know, Like I don't know. I made that shit work. And after I had Chloe and Tyler, I got I started over. I started over, got to stay with my grandma. Still was trying to figure it out, but I just was like, fuck it, I'm finna see what this rep should do.
Speaker 2: And it did. It did a lie and it's been doing ever since.
Speaker 4: And I'm not even like it's I still be on some hard time shait with these shit because I do everything myself.
Speaker 2: Maybe you right feet what I was going through before.
Speaker 3: It's crazy how conflict and struggle will like essentially make you fucking fearless, you know, once you've been through some shit, especially as a mom, like we get shit done and like even if it's hard, even if it hurts, even if it's fucked up, like we're gonna strap up the boots and drop the kids off and do the hair and button it up and figure it out. Like you know what, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna find a spell for this shit. Like whatever it has to be downe, you're gonna pray, like like a praying mother in a hard time. Is like really some unstoppable shit because once you've been in a place like that, like no matter where you go, like you're a fucking rock star now, you know, but like you have no fear. Nobody could tell you shit like you if you come and like triumph over your mom and your dad telling you you're not this or you can't do this, and you say fuck that, and you still be yourself and you still do what you want to do, and then you get over it and constantly get over the hurdles. It's really like shit can stop me now. But because I could, I could be there, and I know I can get back.
Speaker 4: Up right right, And I've been at the bottom twice, Like even just recently, I was telling y'all, like I lost my crib my shop, like.
Speaker 2: That was that was in it.
Speaker 4: We was hotel hopping, like living at the hotels. And I went on tour in Europe and I said, I'm coming back to Atlanta. I want to stay in Atlanta for a week. I wanna find a fucking house. And I found the house. So it's just like it be scary, but it would never be scary as it's the first time, Like I could go through it again, and I know I would be able to bring myself up out of it.
Speaker 2: And that's the other thing that keep me.
Speaker 4: From knocking myself off, you know, because I could have been going a long time ago.
Speaker 2: You got kids.
Speaker 3: It's not it's not quite that easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's depending on it's not that simple.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and I'm seeing you kind of rise to the occasion each and every time is really important. I mean, I'm sure that they struggled in their own right, in their own ways and stuff however, like they have seen her mother like come and rise to the occasion each time, like when they as they grow and as they become adults, like they carry that with them. Yeah, and what are your kids and what are your kids into? Are they into?
Speaker 4: Like my oldest sons, he's a rapper okay okay? And then my oldest daughter she she she's fighting meself. She's she's gay. So that's that's her personality right now. I'm ana listen, like that's her entire personality right now.
Speaker 2: That's her full time job. I'm gay.
Speaker 3: That's all I know what I want to be when I grew up.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 4: But she also likes she likes photography and my cameras and stuff, so she's gotten into that. And then like my baby girl, she can draw her she likes to draw. And my baby boy that's he's full time gamer.
Speaker 1: Like, so you had two sets of twins and they both are boys and girls.
Speaker 3: Yes, Wow, amazing. And I asked her this before, so I'm just gonna tell you about I'm sure you're wondering. Twins do not running her fan or those baby daddy's family. So she's truly a witch unicorn mother. I went twins.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I don't take this offensively, but I literally when I got pregnant, because everyone kept asking me if I was having twins because I was so big, and I was like, twins is the devil's work. I was like, I was like, yo, if I get twins, I'm gonna die. I'm gonna give one of these motherfuckers away.
Speaker 4: I feel like, I feel like you think that because it is a lie. Like I'm not gonna like it's not.
Speaker 2: Like two babies on each titty.
Speaker 4: But see, it was different with each said because my older said it would be like, okay, we would be hungry, but the other one wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Be hungry for like a couple of hours. So you got a little breaks in tweens. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I don't know if that's always the case for everyone.
Speaker 4: God no, with my baby twins, like you don't talk about the devils were First of all, they're scorpios.
Speaker 2: They were bad to day before Halloween.
Speaker 4: They are like, both of them are insane.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna scorpy out. They drive me insane.
Speaker 4: It was just but like even when it was in my stomach, like the things that they would do, like my son literally was laying the way he was supposed. She was on one of my nerves in my legs. So sometimes I would get up in the middle nights if to use the bedthroom, my legs would be completely numb, like they've always they've terrorized me since they came to this world with you four years. So, yeah, they were the twins that I had to either like pump and make sure I had somebody to help me, onebody feed her and I would just besf or I would just have to be like this, and yeah, they Yeah, they were.
Speaker 2: That is a lot. It'll be a lot. It's a lot, but it's but you get used to it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you just gotta get you just do it.
Speaker 2: I know when you.
Speaker 3: Got practiced the second time and you find out you're having twins, were like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: I cussed out the nurse because because she thought it was funny, Like, no, she didn't think it was funny at first. Well afterwards, she thought it was funny at first. When I came in there, she was like, wouldn't it be so funny if you had twins again? And I was like, no, wish she would not be funny, And she put me up on the thing and she was her jaw dropped like she was.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god, I put this so apologizing.
Speaker 4: I was just like, brun, I was so upsetting in my baby dad. It's like that motherfucker. It's just he's a mania. He's alcoholic, and he's just so crazy. I was so scared to tell her because I was like, he was already met that I was pregnant. You shouldn't have get right, I was pregnant. I was like, it's these niggas I call up.
Speaker 2: Was like, you ruined my life.
Speaker 3: You're not even my life.
Speaker 4: It was just like I feel like I couldn't even be mad because I kind of felt the same a little bit like damn. You know that is a bit much like two sets and Swiss is crazy. We hear those my babies. Those are my baby.
Speaker 1: But guys, you are spreading the seeds.
Speaker 3: You're spreading the seeds, baby mother seed. We need more of.
Speaker 2: Yourself one day.
Speaker 1: So we have a game on our show that we like to play with guests and it's called Trigger.
Speaker 3: The Witch Thinking.
Speaker 2: The game is scary.
Speaker 1: Basically, I say a word and you say the first thing that comes to mind. Okay, Okay, don't overthink it. All right, here we go, mm hmm spit or swallow swallow.
Speaker 3: Answer the question.
Speaker 4: Swallow Swallow's cute?
Speaker 1: That little masturbating while your kids at home, I'm gonna do yeah, right, Hello, fingering ass or looking ass okay, pegging I'm female rappers.
Speaker 2: Awesome, awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was generic, okay, engineering, I will say that's how I feel about it right now.
Speaker 2: It's giving very generic.
Speaker 1: H they're here, they are here there.
Speaker 2: Religion.
Speaker 1: Unnecessary, non monogamy.
Speaker 2: If that's what you're into, that's cool. I'm not in today. I want my man to myself.
Speaker 1: Big virgo energy.
Speaker 2: Mushrooms cute. I love mushroom childhood.
Speaker 1: Damn damn damn l s D. I love her toxic trait. I'm very stingy motherhood. Yeah, motherhood is fine. It's duality. Think about passion, like, what's your passion?
Speaker 2: Music, in arts, in love, those are my passions.
Speaker 1: Love, language, buying me shoes, Oh, gifts.
Speaker 2: I guess your boyfriends in here?
Speaker 3: You hear that?
Speaker 2: I know, I know she needs some more shoes. Pet peeve, oh man. Stupid ask questions. I hate stupid questions.
Speaker 3: You feel like one, say you could google.
Speaker 2: Yes, more kids, I want more kids. Yes, you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Get some twins, bitch, maybe you're fucking around and get some triplets. Oh wow, biggest regret, I don't think I have.
Speaker 4: Gee, but they're not that, they're not that series. Like my biggest for grad is. My biggest regret is being friends with the light Skin Beach.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, that's probably the worst thing I ever didn't want life. Can you laugh?
Speaker 3: Right, she's not talking about you. And she was a Scorpio too, not her. You know what. I was friends with the light skin Scorpio bitch that wasn't healed. And that bitch was a terrible bitch.
Speaker 2: Terrible bitches.
Speaker 4: She just she just wasn't ready to be my friend and I was, and I was kind of like I was kind of in a different place. We shouldn't have been friends. That was my biggest regret. That was evil, very evil person, very dark person. Yeah, that's my biggest.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna pray for her in the name of all Scorpio bitches.
Speaker 1: Scorpio I would like to apologize on behalf of her.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm happy you still like friends after that. You know, some pictures they have one they picked one up friend. They're like pitches, You're like open and near friends.
Speaker 4: I want to find my friends, bro, I want friends. I want itches to like pull up and do shit with. I'll be at the crib with my kids like and my boyfriend like. I want friends. I will never turn down the idea of like a new friend.
Speaker 1: Okay, Wow, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Favorite position.
Speaker 2: I think I just like it from the bank. Bro, that's my that's my straight.
Speaker 1: For celebrity girl crush.
Speaker 2: It's a lot to do my celebrity girl crush for real, for real. I won't even know. I can't think of went off the top of my head. Okay, I'm so good.
Speaker 3: Do you like girls?
Speaker 4: I love girls. I love girls, but I can't think of one on the top of my head. Who could I give it to? Because I feel like I'm on the spot. Could I give it to?
Speaker 3: I give it to?
Speaker 2: I don't even know, man, I don't know. I can't. I can't come up with that. What about marriage?
Speaker 1: What do you feel about marriage?
Speaker 2: I want to get married? You do? Okay?
Speaker 1: Favorite drug?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm gonna have to say it's gonna be a time between coke and kademene.
Speaker 1: Coke and academy.
Speaker 3: I've never academy one time with my white friends.
Speaker 1: That's what you do you do, I mean, you don't really do around black people.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you got the k like no, and you know, I know I'm from La, so I'm like and I always said, like, I'm never gonna do keademine. It's for a horse, and I'm like a small puppy like that would work.
Speaker 2: It's so nice.
Speaker 3: It was pretty chill. I would only feel comfortable enough to do with my white friends. But it was I was like, this is screovy. I guess I feel a little drunk.
Speaker 4: It's one of those things that like for me, it's like it's helpful, is the resourceful.
Speaker 3: It's also like the opposite of cocaine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it like it makes you feel good and you put your like my brain don't shut up, so put my thoughts in folders and it allows me to get shit done and like think clearly.
Speaker 2: So that's all I like kidding, Oh, thoughts in folders.
Speaker 3: I like that because my thoughts are not enfolders.
Speaker 2: But definitely that's what happened.
Speaker 3: Do you know your your other signs like you're rising and your moon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm Capricorn risings Moon.
Speaker 1: I know there's some water in there, that's why you need them folders.
Speaker 2: That's not Capricorn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 3: So all summers on our show, we uh we asked our guests to have an affirmation? Do you have an affirmation? Man?
Speaker 4: You know this is this is that before I came away, was trying to think of one. And yeah, oh I'm not good with the affirmation thing. That's something that I'm still working on personally. Like I started doing this thing where I get up in the morning and listen to like this YouTube lady tell me all this ship about myself and and it'd be like and it helps, Like it helped me get my my juices fluing, but like to come up with them on mind own, I don't know what to tell myself to.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe I do.
Speaker 4: I write music all the time that could be considered affirmation.
Speaker 3: Absolutely poetry. Give a lyric that we could use to affirmation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we could. We could use I'm gonna get money regardless.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get money regardless.
Speaker 2: Ye I like I like that affirmation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna get money regardless, no matter way.
Speaker 2: So yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, being like being in the music industry, I know, like as you said, like you know, being like mainstream, it can feel like really isolating and all that. Like how have you like maintained like I guess, like I'm sure you've been pressured to kind of like try to put yourself in certain boxes and things of that nature.
Speaker 2: How do you.
Speaker 1: Maintain like your I guess, like autonomy over who the fuck you are all the time, without like with without feeling pressure to kind of lean into that.
Speaker 4: Well, it's cause I'm a virgo, and if I feel like somebody's trying to control me, I automatically be like on some rebellious shit. I'm I like, I just that's what I meant when I say, like when I ask be female revers' is like everything's so generic because it's just like like it's just like everything is being put into like this box and I and it's no shade. Like I think everybody that's out right now is doing really well. I like, I like a lot of the music that's out right now, But I just feel like everybody tries to like you can't you have to be like super polished, like you have to be like this super like direct aesthetic or nobody gets it, you know what I'm saying, You have to be able to be marketed to other people. And then like trying to play this game for a long time, Like I really just was trying to play it at first, and I was trying to fall into line and I was trying to but then you realize, like it's it. It kills you on the inside. It's like I would rather just people not fuck with me and I just get by in this shit then have to like like.
Speaker 2: Cookie C I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It just it's just starting stuff about like the music industry that really like makes me uncomfortable, and I don't I don't like having to deal with the people that's in it because they're arrogant, they're fucking rude, they fucking think they fucking talk down to you, even though you're the artist, Like you're the reason why I'm here, I'm the reason why you're here, but you think you're above me.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 4: I don't like having to socialize with people that I'm not familiar with, like just because we do the same thing, like just because we make music the me you know what, I'm saying when in the beginning, like I can't, I want to work with everybody, but I didn't know how weird it was like you work with somebody, and now everybody think y'all are best friends, and now you have to deal with all this, Like people want to never ask you questions about you.
Speaker 2: They ask you questions about this artists because she's they might be bigger than you. So now your whole interview is about other people.
Speaker 4: Like it just I think I'm just like I'm too, I want to be an individual.
Speaker 1: I mean, I agree, I think a lot of especially I mean it's always been for women in general that are artists, like they have to especially like when it comes to like even like their body image, like having to fit into these certain modes. Like I think about just like the female rappers that are out, it's all about like body. Yeah, like you gotta like look and you gotta have this. They gotta like have the booty, you gotta like have.
Speaker 3: Eybody looks very much the same.
Speaker 2: The weave that.
Speaker 1: Goes past the ankles is the new look too, although it looks pretty fly.
Speaker 2: I mean I kind of like that. I was like I kind of like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wish that I had a lace front artist and it.
Speaker 4: And like, but like as a fucking mother, First of all, I don't yeah, I don't have the funds.
Speaker 2: For all that, I got the funds.
Speaker 1: But also I'm like I feel like a lot of these women too, like they're not they're not mothers. Some of them are like, you know, look at Cardi B and shouldn't like that. But like there's this unrealistic expectation of what like we're supposed to look like, and it's like, no, bro, like this is what I this is me and this is what.
Speaker 2: Works, right.
Speaker 4: And then and then you get in these spaces and these and these people are like, well, we like you for you, and then they bring you in like okay, so we want to give you some money because we like you. And then they say, but you gotta change this, you gotta change.
Speaker 3: Like stipulation to that.
Speaker 2: It's like, I don't. I don't like that.
Speaker 4: I don't like they and I would really just do this ship myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: Also the image is like essentially temporary, right, like you know, like there was a time where thick eyebrows are in then skinny ass eyebrows. Everybody plucked them out, and then they're like, that's not anymore. Everybody tattoo the tattooed them back on and ship everybody like fat asses, and it likes like now everybody's Kim's white again. Now everybody taking their ass out, and it's like, you know what I'm saying, it's like, who the fuck can keep up with that? You might as well be what the fuck you look like and accept that, and then like we all have daughters, you know what I'm saying. So if I go like pump a bunch of shit in myself or pump it out, whatever you do, it's cool, but it's like to make sure it's to please you and to be in your own aesthetic or you even fucking know what that looks like, because then you're just like chasing the chasing the whatever, the trend, and that's forever, every ever changing. People don't know what the fuck they like.
Speaker 1: I think like I think about like I was thinking about, like Doja Cat, how she like shaved her head off and her hair off and like, you know, took her eyebrows off and nigas we're ripping. I was like, because no, because she kind of did fall she kind of like shifted her image and was like very commercial and like historically that's not really her vibe anyway, Like if you follow her from before, like she's a weird.
Speaker 2: Though, and that's that's why.
Speaker 4: That's why I be tripping out of people like getting mad at her for being her said, because I'm just like she's always been kind of strange.
Speaker 1: She had but she she she tricked, No, she tricked people to get in the door.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, I feel like I don't even think that's true because the song that got her like O was the movie and that was the weirdest song of mos.
Speaker 4: I'm just like those a kid has always been like hello, quirky, Like that's her vibe.
Speaker 2: I got like, will people be expecting? But she did?
Speaker 4: She did, She did a few pop songs, and I feel like it's because she can, like she can't step into that bag and she can't play that game.
Speaker 2: It was like but this, but this, but you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They don't want women to be multi layered, multi dimensional, like we have to once we present ourselves in a certain way, we have to stick to that. And I was like when people were tripping about her, her her. I was like, oh, she looked kind of cool, cool her eye, her eyebrows and ship. It was like, I was like, more of this, you know, because as women like we do, like we are held at this standard where we cannot change, we cannot shift, and if we do, we're tripping.
Speaker 2: Like something's wrong, Brittany, like we're going, Brittany.
Speaker 4: Right, everything has to be like for them for niggas eyes and she right.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Sometimes I won't like alien.
Speaker 3: I don't even like niggas that much.
Speaker 2: They are Niggas have horrible.
Speaker 4: Taste, horrible, and they.
Speaker 1: Admit it like the like they will. They say, you know, like we we really only we can fuck a whole. You know, how to compartmentalize. It's not emotional like you can find one quality about one quality like in a woman, Oh she got a fat ass fucking or she's cute face, she got a nice mouth, I'm gonna put my dick in there, So where's women? I mean, we could do that too, but more more times than not, there has to be a little bit something else, a little bit more of someone else. And that's why women be tripping, and that's why we be killing niggas. And that's that, and that leads me, and that leads me to our next what a Segways transition?
Speaker 2: Do you like that transition?
Speaker 3: Wow? I didn't see that coming like that. That was very smooth.
Speaker 1: Say this is this is why I'm Oprah.
Speaker 3: You know it is October and you know we're awesome witchy bitches. First of all Erica and my favorite holiday is Halloween. Like even me and my kid we're planning Halloween costumes like no, sorry, my spit planning fucking Halloween costumes and goddamn May and I like Luna, we have eight months.
Speaker 2: We don't have to buy it right now.
Speaker 3: Barry already has her holoweencaust I know, and Luna's piss because I got her yet I'm not just chill. We're gonna get it. But we've been talking about how we're like I want to do some creepy ship for Halloween, like I want to like I want to like maybe we should learn about a serial killer woman and a daughter and let's like, let's talk about it, let's get drunk and talk about it.
Speaker 2: We'ven't really are we going to get drunk? Are we gonna get drunk? Is that a question?
Speaker 3: What hello, we didn't bring anything to get drunk.
Speaker 2: Erica like right now, oh, right now, Oh, we can get what's you're doing after?
Speaker 3: Come on, it's only noons.
Speaker 2: I thought you about on Halloween. I was like, absolutely, I know.
Speaker 3: We should have got I should. I meant to bring you tequila and listen. I looked at your page and I was like, damn, she's a witch. I could tell. Then I was like, damn, she likes tequila like us. I was like, bring tequila to the recording and then we're always late, so that didn't happen.
Speaker 2: But it's fine. We can get Sequila after this.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we really wanted to do a story about a killer, and in Erica's deep Google research, she found out that she discovered that you have a female serial killer lineage, and we were both very intrigued and also like, damn, we're really are witches, because not only did we manifest you at our live show, performing and being your friend, and you just happen to have serial killer woman. Yeah, the chances of that. Yes.
Speaker 4: I only found out about this when my my actual grandmother was dying or whatever and I was talking to her and she was just telling.
Speaker 2: Me about all this different stuff. And she was telling me.
Speaker 4: That about where my middle name came from and Christine, and she told me about one of my elder grandmothers she used to murder. She used to murder abusive men basically or whatever. But she never really expanded on that detail because she was saying it like she was like like she was saying like it's not a good thing. Like she was mentioning like my music and my witchcraft and stuff like that, and she was like, and this is like the spirit of this and this and this. She was a real Christian woman too, and she was like that's when she told me about it, But she wasn't.
Speaker 2: She wouldn't.
Speaker 4: She didn't want to give much details. So it's just like I don't know much. I don't know a lot at all.
Speaker 1: She don't know if she got convicted.
Speaker 2: It was like a family secret. Everybody was new. She didn't tell me, Like don't pat Christine off right, she didn't.
Speaker 4: Tell me, And of course, like my mom isn't gonna talk to me about it at all. So it's just like I'm gonna have to like really dig deep and try to figure that out and try to see if I can find that and yeah, I don't even know what time period that was, but I want to find that out. I ended up making an entire album based upon that story, but I had to leak it because people was playing in my mother fucking face and they were they were playing with me, with me, like trying to trying to make money out of my music without my permission, you know what I'm saying. So I just leaked it and then it got copyrighted, but it's still available on the Inn or whatever. But what it was, it was I brought up my three most like pivotal relationships, like with men, the ones that like made and broke me, you know what I'm saying, And I killed them off like I started. Yeah, I started off with like each one was like when you first meet I mean, like him where you fucked up at and where you killed him.
Speaker 2: And it was like that, but did you kill him different different ways.
Speaker 4: I had a song called Decapitate, Yeah, it was different ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was different one.
Speaker 3: I know that sounds very healing, y'all need to.
Speaker 2: Kill it was? It was so healing. We liked in the studio for like we met Elm in three days.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: The studio off like hello, like shrooms and ship like really just got like real like in there and we did that ship and just for me to have to waste because my fuckers thought that she was just like property, like you know what I'm saying, Like no, like y'all saw me cry, like y'all not just want to throw this shit out there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, without my permission, But does seem very healing. That seems like like a creative therapy in ways like it was. Sometimes I think we forget that we can finish the story if we want to, yes, and whatever way we want to, Yeah, and then that kid essentially heal how you like, change the story right?
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly what is that album called? It's called Christine Christine. I love that. Listen Christine.
Speaker 1: I don't know her her life details, but doesn't sound like she was a bad woman.
Speaker 4: Now it does sound like she was a bad woman for me either, but I would I'm definitely I just got my ancestry and shit, dang like I'm definitely trying to you gave.
Speaker 2: I was like, bro, I've.
Speaker 4: Done so many speeding in cups and piecing and cups. They can have it whatever they want to do with it. At this point, global warming, you know whatever. But yeah, I feel that I'm Nigerian and then like I just I just really want to like get back into like Diggins's figure out where I come from, because I feel like it's probably it has to be interesting, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Of course it's all interesting.
Speaker 3: I just had a thought about like you coming from religious parents and you like being you the exploratory, spiritual, I'm going to do it my own way. I'm like, that's probably like the manifestation of that. I think when women like are, like a lot of us have been repressed, repressed through religion and reformed and reform and like you said, your mom's an artist, but now she's confused.
Speaker 2: She's definitely confused, you know.
Speaker 3: Like I think I think like women like us, like you are the manifestation and of that of that uh like repression, because at some point that she has to come out and it may come out in your seat and and then like here you are, and it's just like it's not you're no longer going to be like you're breaking the cycle and you're gonna do what you want to do, and it comes out this way and you're expressive and you're putting your music out there and your art out there for everybody else to feel. So yes, you know, I know you said you didn't feel like you're identified with your parents. It's probably like you're the like the birth of their repression.
Speaker 4: Probably you are absolutely right, You are absolutely right, because that repression runs very deep.
Speaker 2: Like I can see it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Look, my dad us one of those people who's like, you've been that cry, but it would.
Speaker 3: Because he probably wants to cry.
Speaker 2: You will literally whoop be for crying, like you know.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I definitely believe that that that could definitely be a thing for sure, for shit.
Speaker 3: And now you have the freedom to express yourself, whether that be in tears and music and your apothecary, like you can literally be expressive and vulnerable and not serve men or whatever like you know, I mean, lily, Yeah, and without the attachment of feeling guilt or shame about it. And that's some powerful lass ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And yeah, rewriting your story for your children too, like they're not going to, like you guarantee that they're not going to walk that past that maybe everyone else in your family has had to walk.
Speaker 2: Right, you know, they definitely are very free people.
Speaker 3: How do they feel about their mom being a fucking rock star that like my mom's ship.
Speaker 2: We having fun.
Speaker 4: They like like we was fucking eight year olds at the club and shit, Like they get to come to my shows sometimes they be on stage like it's fun, we have fun. Yeah, I'm taking them to Mons with me this weekend.
Speaker 3: For your birthday party.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: You know Holladay wearing Halloween costumes today. I'm just like, yeah, they be ready early, they'd be so ready.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I've been telling my kay, I'm like, you doesn't have to be Halloween for us to wear a costume.
Speaker 4: True, it doesn't, it doesn't, but they just get geared up for it because it's like that's their birthday too. So they be home with the Octobers like Halloween.
Speaker 1: She going on, Yes, the vibes are high, the witchy vibes are high.
Speaker 3: The spirits are high, right, Like, I feel like the spirits very high in octob Bird. This is the time October ancestors are coming to.
Speaker 2: You're in early November. With that's I needed.
Speaker 1: I swear to God, I'm going to Mexico and I'm going to experience a deal a little more Thos. I thought it was going to be this year. It's not going to be this year.
Speaker 2: I also want to do New Orleans for Halloween.
Speaker 4: I want to do New Orleans for Halloween. Low key, but I was just, I was just I won't.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I did. I went to Voodoo Fest one.
Speaker 3: You're in New Orleans and is that around Halloween?
Speaker 2: How was it? It was amazing.
Speaker 1: But even when we went a few weeks or not a few weeks ago or.
Speaker 2: You yeah, wait, I did. I was when we came.
Speaker 1: When we went there, I could feel the energy in New Orleans. You feel there.
Speaker 4: No, New Orleans is one of those places and not sill. Hawaii is one of those places. Yeah, it's Hawaii. Like I had a mental breakdown in Hawaii because that's you can you can feel that like energy brew It's it's it's some real.
Speaker 2: Power for there. Like I don't know what it is, but I can't.
Speaker 4: Should that should humbled me, like this should brought me made me feel very smile being that the own way.
Speaker 3: I think everybody's really afraid to delve in the darkness. You know, everybody's like it's devil shit, you know, like like don't look at it doesn't exist, you know, even as talking about like murder and death and ancestors and spirits and like our witchiness and like spells and shit, people are so fucking scary. But mostly it's a reflection of people are scared of themselves and the darkness and themselves, yeah, and are afraid to address like the dark shit, Like have I healed this? This is where I come from? This is the dark shit my parents has gone through? Have I adopted this? What are my toxic traits?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: People will not are unwilling to sit with it or even like that you could have you you are and have adopted like all the energy and of all the people that came before you, all their pain. And if you don't address it and you don't sit with it, however way you do it, I don't know how the Christians do it. Whatever they suppress it and tell you like to get down on your knees and like it's devil shit. But it's very important to delve into the darkness and like in a way that is not necessarily like it's not all scary, it's necessary.
Speaker 2: Right, It's very necessary.
Speaker 4: I feel like the only reason that I was able to learn that is because I started dropping ascy like it really like broke my brain like made a new one.
Speaker 2: Or something because your rebirth to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's so crazy, And it's just like the stuff that I the stuff that I feel, the stuff that I go through. Sometimes I don't even be understanding how people can't. But it's because I because I feel like I think they just shut off certain parts of their brain, like you know what I'm saying, Like I feel like it's necessary to open that part up in order to be like a whole human because everybody just be living half day life, trying to trying to preciate down act like they not this, act like they're not they like kill the part of you there cringes.
Speaker 2: I saw it on the internet, like don't.
Speaker 3: Care, like crazy cringe and want to avoid it like open that door. Yeah, I dive in bitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's the name of the episode killing.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I think I love that. I love that too too.
Speaker 3: I mean it's true.
Speaker 2: That bar you need write that in a rap. I don't want.
Speaker 3: That was my tweet, tweeting is property public property?
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I had an acid experience and I felt like all the female all the women's pain from before me And I don't know how I knew.
Speaker 2: It was that, but I did.
Speaker 3: Immediately, I was like, and it came out of me, like out of my mouth, like I screamed it out, and then I fucking burst it into cosmic universal energy. And then afterwards I felt like so relieved, but I was like, what the fuck was that? But she is a motherfucker, But in a good way. I really did feel like a release and a rebirth, and something opened up in my brain that I could access that part of me that I hadn't been able to access before. So like, I'm not recommending that everybody do acid. How about her acid finds you? That's usually why when you should do it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Now, I mean, I think for all all all the different drugs are now. I think we're in a place now where they're becoming a little bit more normalized, especially mushrooms. Mushrooms for now are like cute for people. But I was watching this What was.
Speaker 2: The show I was?
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: I started watching it, but then I fell asleep because I always fell asleep watching TV.
Speaker 2: But it was some show.
Speaker 1: Where like these this guy or these different people were taking drugs in in like in hospitals essentially to like like one person was like taking like multiple doses of LSD.
Speaker 2: Yeah, therapy.
Speaker 4: I've been seeing that lately. They've been doing like the Kademy therapy. Academy therapy. It was like LSD therapy.
Speaker 2: I can see how that shit could be helpful. And I'm oh, now, y'all niggas wrong. Now it works.
Speaker 1: Huh now it works.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's drugs is becoming a little bit less troble. But the way black you right, especially coke, like I know they.
Speaker 3: Will you will be Whitney Houston. Yeah. Yes, I was with some fellow white podcasters shout out to uh sex talk with my mom, and I was saying something like, oh, I did cocaine. I canna talk about it on the show. I was like no, They're like, why you talk about everything else. I was like, bitch, I'm black. They were like, it's like, yeah, it's different for us.
Speaker 2: Karen, her name is actually Karen.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, Karen, I we could talk about smoking weed, and that's pushing the envelope. I'm like, here, I am talking about it now. I've gotten braver in five years.
Speaker 4: But I'll talk about it in my music because it's so cares like everybody want to be the only thing that I that I will say is like.
Speaker 2: It could become Remember remember evil light skinned bitch friend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that bitch once we filled out, that's shed as on your knee. This bitch is a cocaine.
Speaker 2: She's probably a cocaine. She's not, she's not.
Speaker 4: Just like, you didn't have no problem with it, you know what I'm saying. You did everything else with me, But coca is where everybody draws, especially black people, and I blame like the crack Jimmy, what it did to our people.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: But so way, you know how many fucking functional corporate cocaine I'll be tripping because I'm just like every rich white person I know does.
Speaker 1: Cookinem we're from so it's daughter's teachers probably doing coke to get through today.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I don't know how she would do it. But I mean, we're from LA, so it's very casual where we're from. But I realized that it's not casual for everybody. So I'm always like, has a discretion except today because I'm with baby mother, soide.
Speaker 4: No, no, Sometimes I will pull that shit out and I think it's just hit a little bump and people be like I was just like, I'm sorry, I didn't realize.
Speaker 3: I don't really feel like that's real. I feel like that's very rare. I feel like mostly most people do cocaine.
Speaker 4: I think most people do cocaine too. I think most people just are scared to talk about it because they think they're going to get changed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then and then might and I might get judge right now, it's only very rare. It's very rare occasion when I would like to party.
Speaker 1: Everything we say here is for entertainment purposes. Are you entertained?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? We ask our guests if they have a.
Speaker 2: Story?
Speaker 1: Four story time.
Speaker 3: Stories?
Speaker 2: I have one, I think. Okay.
Speaker 4: So one time I was in uh Baltimore with my boyfriend and he had an album live stream type of situation.
Speaker 2: We're here Richmond. It was getting right baby, and we had like a we.
Speaker 4: Had like a he was doing like this live stream situation or whatever. But before we live streaming, we're getting drunk, like we're taking shots at tequila, like straight out the bottom or whatever. And so we had a rental car and it's I'm funny because like for him to do this loud stream. He had to wear like this full on Dicky's jumpsuit with like with this record, like he's in he's in costume basically, and so like he was like I gotta get ready to go on, but I was like, no, come on, let's go to the cars.
Speaker 2: Go to the car.
Speaker 4: And so, like the car was right in front of the venue, in front of the record shops. I'm trying to fuck him in his car, like right in front of the venue. So he drives around to like the whole other side and we like had like this food blown out like quikie in the car while anybody's looking for him, like where the fuck freak guy, like where he at supposed to be in there doing his job and I'm fucking in the backseat.
Speaker 2: It was a fucking rental car. So yeah, that was a cute huh. It was the first seat.
Speaker 3: Hell, she was drunk, clearly she had a lot of shots. He back up, correcting her it.
Speaker 4: Was the vaccine. It was a vaccine. Yeah, we was very drunk. His friends was like the car was a rocking yeah, because he had just moved to he had just moved to where I was at. So this was like his first time his friends for some seeing them since he and they was like they was.
Speaker 3: Like no, no, they know me.
Speaker 2: But they were just like, what have you done? He's so different.
Speaker 3: I put that witch pussy on him, That's what I did.
Speaker 2: I think it was just drunk like they was like, what have you done? It was like, now, y'all never seen him drunk before?
Speaker 3: Did you make it to the live stream?
Speaker 2: He made it. He did a great job too, of course he did perfect. Yes, yeah, he did great.
Speaker 1: Activated So we asked maybe mother to pull a card at the top of the show. We actually have a new deck. Thank you Dutch, our fellow tribe member. Shout out to our ladies and Discord. If you haven't joined our discord. We have a lot of women over there. It's an amazing community where women are literally talking all fucking day long. Like the amount of alerts I get on my phone and.
Speaker 3: The amount of Angel number alerts I get, Like, I'm like, everybody in our Discord is a witch. Like it's it's one eleven. Sometimes I'm like it's three thirty. It's like a different time, and somewhere else I'm like, wow, the witches are together, Okay, in community we have we might need like a community, like a community manifestation, like everybody at one eleven Pacific standard time, let's all put an energy towards this, because then that will definitely come true.
Speaker 2: But Dutch came to like, no.
Speaker 3: But we're a cult of freedom. This is the good Mom's call. Is the cult of.
Speaker 1: We won't ask you to know weird shit. Okay, well we will, but not know, like we'll be.
Speaker 3: Weirdship for your healing and your freedom. You do whatever you want to do is the weird ship. Can you imagine the world that we live in that doing whatever you want to do is weird? Yeah, to be you, it's crazy, it's like revolutionary. Do whatever the fuck you want to be a woman, say how you feel. Don't subscribe to niggas. Anyway, we went on a tangent about our cult. Yeah, at the Margarita room, a gifted US African goddess rising oracle deck and usual, let me use taro for tarot time. But I'm gonna try a little something different. So what did you pull?
Speaker 2: My dear? And it's like pleasure, It's.
Speaker 3: It's like, isn't this the time till you have on.
Speaker 2: Your forehead conda that this minds us from sailor moon.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 2: Okay, very similar, similar for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, tan It goddess of pleasure, which is aka freedom, you guys. This is also a part of the cult Tunisia Temple Conjurors element Air. TANet was the goddess of the stars in ancient Carthage. And I hope I'm saying this right today. All the way over in Abiza, they still have pleasure filled full moon midnight table dancing parties in her name. I think we shall have one tonight. You are thirsty for more pleasure. You can't thrive when life feels dry. You're made of laughter and stardust, not sawdust.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 3: Pleasure is your birthright, a gift from the universe. Embodiment. How much juicy pleasure can you stand? Turn up the pleasure principle. You secretly feel that you don't deserve it. But pleasure is a healing and manifesting force. Laughing, loving and orgasmic joy is holy good Dick, hold your hands over your reproductive area and say, aloud, I deserve pleasure. I deserve the goddess. Declaration for this card is it feels good to feel good.
Speaker 2: It feels good to feel good.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Tanna is in our cult, you guys, symbolism.
Speaker 1: She's the leader of the cult.
Speaker 3: We don't worship any mine except Tanne, ourselves, the pussy Woomboni and Tannate. I think I want to get drunk on to the tattoo shop. You have two tattoos to get money over money? Okay, Well, our best friend Agenda is fool you guys, all right, Wow a busy day. Honestly, thank you so much for joining us. Go what happed?
Speaker 2: This was so fun.
Speaker 3: Literally a part of our tribe. You don't even know you're part of the cults. I'm here and baby mother, when fucking Erica saw you on Spotify, she knew.
Speaker 2: I did it.
Speaker 1: I was like, you need to listen to this song.
Speaker 3: She literally told me. She's like, you can't give.
Speaker 1: No pussy to one nigga who I used to get a pussy because that pussy gonna be everybody be. I was like, the fuck is that so fun? The fucking true? I was like, fuck, nigga did that to me?
Speaker 3: It's the theme. It's it's the cult theme. So now we have a leader, a theme. We're getting far everybody can join discord. If you want to go to church, we're gonna get you.
Speaker 2: In there link in episode description.
Speaker 3: Thank you everyone listening. I hope this episode has been witchy and you're enjoying Occulate October. This is the closing. I help you make sure you do your own spell this month and this evening, and make sure you uh check us out on Instagram We're fine, Good Mom's Underscore Bad Choices or on YouTube Good Mom's Bad Choices. You can find me at Mila with an h underscore map and Erica at watch Erica on Instagram, and Baby Mother, where can they find you? And tell us where we can find your APO apothecary.
Speaker 4: Path carry is closed until further notice, but it'll be back. But my social media mostly all of them I feel like is baby Mother, b B Y m U, T h A. I'm on all music streaming sites, but my newer music I keep it on band camp, Babymother do band camp dot com.
Speaker 2: But on Twitter? Could you be active on Twitter? I thought I saw like Mother Mother lificent that's the that's the that's like the tag. Okay, I'm Twitter Twitter.
Speaker 4: Slo mother' Lefferson is actually my latest projecting. It's on band camp, so.
Speaker 2: I love that. I love that.
Speaker 3: Well, let's go get drunk, but just let's go get.
Speaker 1: Drunk and Happy Halloween, Halloween, Happy Halloween.
Speaker 2: Thank you'll, thank you, thank you, Bye God next time. H m h.
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: That