Speaker 1: What's that at the bed? It's spooky and Joki, I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, I said, Tyros dresses. Hey boo, it's me Roz dras Fales. We are back with a new episode. I'll be honest with you, and this might be a little confident of me to say, but this episode today, I promise you, I'm going to file this in my top five favorite episodes that we've had yet. It is truly incredible because I'm joined by Bonnie McKee, who is I think our first pop star we've had on this show. She is an incredibly I'm in awe of Bonnie McKee and if you don't know who she is, she is a incredibly successful songwriter. She writes tons of songs for Katie Perry. I mean she literally wrote California Girls Teenage Dream Last Friday Night, part of Me, Wide Awake, Roar. But she's also I mean she wrote hold It Against Me by Britney Spears. She wrote a couple of songs with Kasha, who I absolutely love, and so many people. So she's so rad And you know, one thing that I think about all the time is this pattern that I've seen with pop stars and ghosts. It seems like so many female pop stars have experienced ghosts, and we talk about that little bit, and actually we talk about my favorite pop star ghost story, which is Kesha's ghost story, which is we may have talked about on the show before. Kesha claims to have had sex with a ghost and she wrote a song about it. And who wrote that song with her, Bonnie McKee. So we get into that. But I was looking up other pop stars that have had ghost experiences, and I mean so many of them. We're talking Demi Lovado, Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus. But I found this one interesting from Ariana Grande. So this was on People dot com, she says. Of course. The singer told Complex when asked if she believed in ghosts and aliens in twenty thirteen, I've had a ghost demon experience, she continued. We were in Kansas City a few weeks ago and went to this haunted castle and we're so excited. The next night we wanted to go to Stole Cemetery, which is known as one of the seven gates to Hell on Earth. I felt this sick, overwhelming feeling of negativity over the whole car, and we smelled sulfur, which is the sign of a demon, and there was a fly in the car randomly, which is another sign of a demon. I was like, this is scary, let's leave. I rolled down the window before we left and said, we apologize. We didn't mean to disrupt your peace. Then I took a picture and there were three super distinct faces in the picture. They were faces of text book demons. Well, if you guys don't know about Stole Cemetery, I would love for you to go listen back to one of our early episodes with Kyle Ayers who went to Stole Cemetery in Stole, Kansas, which is another terrifying episode. So go check that out because that's one of those places that a part of me wants to go to. But at the same time, I'm not trying to deal with sulfur and fly smell around me. Now, a future pop star that may or may not have had a paranormal experience last week is none other than your girl ros dressfuls Now. I'm not sure if this is paranormal or not. I'll let you guys decide, but something really strange happened. Okay, so it's kind of a long story, but basically, I found myself staying in an airbnb for a couple of days and I just had a little bit of a lone time to you know, ride and work on some creative stuff. And on night two, I was staying in this Airbnb and at about five as the smoke detector went off like so loud it made me jump out of my bed. I did not smell any smoke, but the detector was going off. I could not get it to turn off. I finally pressed the right button and it turned off, and it was kind of, you know, it was shocking, but whatever, not that big of a deal. Well then I wake up the next morning and I get a message from a listener named Laura. Hi, Laura, thanks for sharing your experience. Laura tells me that they've been having some ghostly experiences in their home with animals kind of acting strange and various little technical things going on around the house. And then that night before the smoke detector goes off give or take around the same time that the smoke detec went off in my room. What is up with that? It's like we synced it up. I don't know how. I don't know, is that a paranormal thing. Is it just a coincidence. I'm not sure, but it was very strange. And when I woke up the next day and read that, I was completely gagged. So thank you Laura for sending me that. All right, let's talk to the one and only Bonnie McKee on with the show. Oh my god, Hi Bonnie, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm so good? How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm great. You know, it's nice to just like take a break from the news and you know, just think about spooky things, like spooky things that are not actually happening right this very minute.
Speaker 2: You know, I know exactly what you mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, you know, I have a lot of I have a couple of mutual friends that have told me that you have ghost stories, and I'm a fan of yours, and I couldn't believe it, and now I want to hear all of them. And there's you know, there's this thing pop stars seem to ghost seem to love pop stars, And I don't know why that is. Why is that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think that being a creative, you know, you're more open to kind of other worldly things. I feel like I'm always channeling something else. From a different plane, you know. So I'm a little bit of a ghost magnet.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean if you I google, like, who are like celebrities that have ghos? Stars? And it's always like literally every single pop star. I think every pop star has had a ghost story, like Ariana Grande, Miley, Cyrus, Lady Gug like all of them. Yeah, I mean even Kesha, who you've worked with.
Speaker 2: I wrote a song with Kesha about having sex with a ghost.
Speaker 1: Yes, supernatural, that's right. So how did that happen? Did she come to you and she's like Bonnie I have Yeah, she.
Speaker 2: Told me the ghost, she had a sexual experience with the ghost, and then I helped her capture that story and we made it into a bop.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, did she like go into detail?
Speaker 2: I yes, I think that she's told the story a bunch on like Conan and stuff. But yeah, she I mean she told me the same thing. It's not an act of being. Apparently something creeped into her bedroom at night and she felt the weight of the spirit on or something. I don't remember. It's a long time ago, but that shit is real. That it is real.
Speaker 1: Wow, So what's happened to you? Supernaturally.
Speaker 2: Well, where do I start?
Speaker 1: Do you have that many stories?
Speaker 2: I do. I have a good amount of them.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's start with the first one. What was the first thing in your life that has happened supernaturally one?
Speaker 2: I mean I always felt like I was kind of tuned in a little bit psychic with people my life, but so my whole childhood I had a bit of like the sixth sense kind of thing going on. But the first time that I saw something, I was in San Antonio because I feel like all the ghosts live.
Speaker 1: In South I hear so much about San Antonio ghosts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's haunted AF So I was there on tour with the Seattle Girls Choir long ago. I was like fourteen years old, and there was like a competitive choir thing we were there doing or something, and all the girls wanted to go to like the jazz fest on the riverbed or whatever, and I was like over it because I was like a raver and I was like, look, I'm just trying to watch Red Shoe Diaries in my hotel room. So I stayed behind, I was by myself, and it was just the TV was on. And first of all, let me just say the hotel that we were staying at was budget because you know, we were just a bunch of high school girls and choir chaperones and stuff, so it's not like they had us at the Ritz, right. So, like one of the girls unfolded the couch bed and there was like broken glass and a syringe in it. You know, it was no, it was CD.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh wow. Okay.
Speaker 2: So I was sitting by myself watching The Red Shoe Diaries and it was just the TV light on and there was like, uh, there were French doors that kind of divided the room. It was like a little sweet and I saw something out of the corner of my eye and I looked over and there on the shitty carpet, I saw a girl on all fours looking up. Yeah, she was looking up at me on all fours and it was just a few flashes and I just went completely cold. The hair on the back of my neck stood up. And I mean, logically, you know, your whole life people say ghost aren't real and lah dah dah, but it's like and so you don't believe it at first because you're just like, I know what my eyes just saw, but I logically know that can't be real, right, Yeah, like what do you do when your eyes there's something right before your eyes? And so I freaked out. I ran and I went to one of the chaperone's rooms and was like hysterically crying. Nobody believed me, and that was that was the first thing I saw. I mean, I was all always a black sheep and the girl's choir. Let's just be honest. But so no one ever believed me. But I saw that shit, and there's that's That's all I have to say about that.
Speaker 1: That is so spooky. How do you sleep in a room when that's happened? Were able to?
Speaker 2: You know, I was. I had other girls that were staying with me, so we were, you know, sharing bed and whatever. And then the middle of the night, there was like a light started flashing and we heard a voice that was like caution, caution, and all of a sudden, the fire alarm went off and so everyone had to exit. And of course when I heard the voice, I jumped out of bed and was like, she's back. But then we all had to file out and they were and no one ever figured out why the smoke alarm went off. What like nobody pulled the fire alarm. It was just like always some bullshit going down.
Speaker 1: So, oh my god, I can't even imagine working there. It's probably constant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's terrifying. So that was the first ghost I ever saw. Okay, and then if you're interested in hearing anymore, would you?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, are you kidding me? I want to hear everything?
Speaker 2: Okay. My next ghost also took place in the South. I was in Atlanta and I was on a radio tour and we were staying at this hotel that was like one hundred years old. I guess they threw like the Down with the Wind premiere party there or something that was their claimed fame.
Speaker 1: Wait, what's a radio tour?
Speaker 2: Uh, it's where you go around promoting your songs from different radio stations.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, yep.
Speaker 2: Really early and singing on the radio at seven am. It sucks.
Speaker 1: And that is it with like some guy that's like, hey, we're here live.
Speaker 2: Yes, what it is? Yeah, it's it's.
Speaker 1: The worst at like six am.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So we got to the hotel. I was there with my assistant, who I who had just been hired to like chaperone me on the road basically because I was only like seventeen or eighteen, and we went into the hotel. I was staying in my room. I didn't know my assistant very well. She had her own room, but I was so freaked out that night I just had the hebegeebis that I called her embarrassed and was like, can I stay in your room? I just I don't know, I feel unsettled. I don't know why. And she was like, oh fine, So I slept in her room. The next morning, I went back down in my room to do my vocal warm ups and get ready to go to the radio, and I had my headphones in. I was doing my warm ups and I heard a knock on the door, so it took up my headphones. Go open the door, nobody's there. I'm like, huh, that's weird. Now in this hotel room, there was a closet to the left that had it was like a walk in closet that had accordion doors inside on each side, where once I was a closet and once I was like a washer dryer. Right, So I had noticed that one of the accordion doors had been left open, and I was like, oh, that's weird that the housekeeping didn't close it, you know, it's just whatever. So then I was like, that's weird. There's nobody here. So I put my headphones in, I start warming up again, and then I hear a loud crash and I'm like, what the hell was that? And I knew I just felt something. And I go and I'm like, looking around, what was that noise? And I see that the according door that had been opened had slammed itself shut so hard that the other side had opened itself. And I was like, okay, I'm leaving. I'm leaving. I marched downstairs. I told my assistant. She's like, you're crazy. I went to the front desk and was like, I need a new room. My room is haunted. And they were like they usually don't start acting up until after six. And I was like, okay, so this is the thing that nobody told me about. So I went did my radio show. I came back and I told my assistant. I was like, you have to come with me to my room to help me pack. I'm not going back in there by myself. And she's like, there's nothing to worry about. You're just imagining things. So she goes back in my room and like packing my stuff up, and then we hear like a loud, ripping noise and she's like. I was like, I've told you something's weird. And we look in bathroom and the shower curtain had just like ripped itself open. She was like, Okay, let's get the talk out of here. I was like, thank you. See I'm not imagining things. So that place was like that was like probably the most like kind of angry feeling one Yeah, where like didn't want me there, you know what I mean, slamming things and you know, ripping shower curtains. It was.
Speaker 1: It was intense. Oh my god, that is insane. But so you are actually scared of this stuff, Like you're not like you haven't gotten used to it at this point or you're not like, Okay, different.
Speaker 2: Things have different feelings, and you know, I like, I picked up a demon in San Diego once and what do you wait?
Speaker 1: What you say that all casual ps. I'm in San Diego right now as we're recording.
Speaker 2: This look out. I went to this like expensive resort thing. Was like when I got my first check after being broke, I was like, I'm gonna treat myself. I'm gonna go to this place. It's called the Golden Door, right, So I go. It's like a women's retreat where you get a massage every day and there's like meditation and stuff like that. So I went and I got some reiki healing. But it was the last. First of all, we all live in like different little bungalows. Everyone has her own bungalow. So it was the last treatment of the day. It was like nine pm. So this lady comes in to do reiki treatment on me. She lays me down, She's not even touching me, but she's like manipulating my energy or whatever. And then all of a sudden, I just went completely cold. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I started like hyperventilating, and I opened my eyes and I saw like a black, shadowy, swoopy thing happening, and was like what the fuck? And but I couldn't talk. I was like completely frozen. And she was just like could see me like freaking out and with my eyes open and like not being able to breathe and stuff, and she was just like, okay, I just hang in there, like got me through it. Finally like it went away, and then I sat up and was like what the fuck was that? And she was like, you just have to ignore them. And I was like ignore what and she was like the demons. I was like, what are you talking about? This is reiki healing, like what? And she's like, oh well, I forgot to mention like I'm I'm a medium, like I'm a channeler. I was like, well, that might be some information I might want to have if you're going to be met with my energy, you know. And so I was like, oh, well, what do I do? And she's like all right, well, good night, eat, my shift's over. I'm like cool, and I'm just like in this bungalow by myself and it was like pouring down rain outside. This is really weird. I don't even know if this scounts a ghost. I don't know what it is. But there was like a little table and chair set up saying by the window, and I just felt like something was just sitting there staring at me. Like I just felt like I was being watched. I felt like I was not alone. It felt sinister. I called my mom, who's into like woo woo shit. I was like, Mom, I don't know what to do, and she's like get your crystals, like send it light, right. So then I hear a knock on the door. Now they're knock on the door, y'all, and I'm like, it's like midnight, like what. So I opened the door and there's this random little blonde girl standing there crying in the rain, and I'm like, what's up? And she's like, I didn't know where else to go. You seemed like the only person that would understand. I'm like, what, this is like a full movie. So I'm like, I guess, come in. Like she's standing in the pouring rain, so I'm like, come in. So she comes in and I like make her some tea. She just starts babbling about how her husband's trying to kill her, how maybe she needs to get to him first, and she's looking for a hit man, all this weird, and I was just like okay. And then she like gestures to the chair that I felt like something was sitting there, and she said, and when the devil's just sitting right there, you just gotta laugh.
Speaker 1: I was like, what, this was not a guest, right? She was just like some I guess she was a guess.
Speaker 2: So I was like okay, And also like I had never seen her before at this place, like and you know, we we have like the breakfast hall where you see all the other women you're in like yoga classes together and stuff. I was like, I've never seen this girl. I don't know who she is. I don't know why she's talking about the devil. After I just had this weird, spooky experience. But then I just like grabbed my crystals and I was like cinder light, cinder light. And then she eventually kind of like calmed down, but I couldn't get rid of her. She was there for like an hour, just like psychobabble. And then the next day I finally got rid of her and I went down to breakfast and I was like, guys, this chick came to my room. What the hell? They're like, Oh, yeah, she hasn't left her room at all. She's really weird, like we don't know like who she is, what she's doing. I was like, what did she pick my room to come to in the middle of the night, in the boring.
Speaker 1: Because what did she say? You're the only one that would understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like, well, how do you know? Like you don't know anything about me? Like why am I the one you chose, Like, so anyway, that was really strange. And then I just felt like the whole time I was for the rest of this retreat, like there was just something after me, Like I just felt like this dark presence. And then I came back to LA and I saw it again. It showed up in my doorway at my bedroom. Yes, this swoopy thing, and I was like something followed me, something is now attached to me, and I don't know what to do. So it took me a couple of years of like going to different kind of witch doctors and witches and you know, energy people, and then I finally got some black candles, did a little spell thing and like the candle cracked. It was like a whole thing. And then and then it finally went away. But it took me a while, Like how long.
Speaker 1: Do you think that was a part of your life?
Speaker 2: A couple of years? No, it was a couple of years, And it was a couple of bad years, Like it was like a dark, weird time where I just felt I didn't feel like myself. I was super depressed, like my self worth was in the gutter. I was in a shitty relationship, I couldn't. I just couldn't see the light. It just felt like it completely took me over.
Speaker 1: And then once you did this candle ceremony, they stopped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I felt I felt better. I felt better.
Speaker 1: Wow. But so was the woman that was doing the reiki. She was I mean, I would assume she was trying. She was removing that from you, right, but not really like what was she doing?
Speaker 2: But like I was, I'm particularly susceptible to things like that. I don't know. Maybe it was something that was just already around and she like opened up my energy to it and it attached to me. So I don't know, I don't know. But then like the because she worked there, she was like a messusse or whatever, a reiki person, and so like every day I would go to her and be like what do I do? Like can you get rid of it? She's like, no, no, I'm sure it's fine. I was like, you knew exactly what I was talking about when I sat up and was like, what the hell was that? And you by name? And she was just like, yeah, I don't know, You'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Like did you write a bad YELP review? Because I would I should have. Do you not stay here you will get a demon. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But at least that woman that knocked on your door, she was you believe that she was a human living lady.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean it just seemed to me almost like something was in her, like she was just like her eyes were super dilated black and she was just talking crazy, and I was like, is she possessed?
Speaker 1: Like what is this?
Speaker 2: How did she find me? The timing is weird. After this lady just left and this swoopy thing disappeared.
Speaker 1: So hold up a second. Okay, my first thought because you said I believe, you said a girl knocked on your door, and then you said husband. So I was thinking like a child at first, and I was going to ask you if she had black eyes, because do you know about the black eyed kids? No good scare you, but uh, this is something that comes up in a lot of paranormal talks that there's this. Uh it's sort of a legend, but there are credible accounts of these children that are known as the black eyed children, and basically they have black eyes and they knock on your door and they ask to be let in, and then they say if you let them in, they I mean no one really knows. I guess I don't know, but they're We've talked about it before. There's there's quite a bit to read that I could send you, but basically, no one knows if they're aliens or if they're if they're got I feel really best like putting this on you.
Speaker 2: I do know it's good because I'm just like, I never really could explain like who she was, why she came to me. What I mean, she was maybe twenty, She wasn't a.
Speaker 1: Child, but it sounds like you talked people that were there and they're like, oh, we know who she is. So like it's not like she was.
Speaker 2: No, she wasn't like a mystery woman, but she just I had never seen her, and I don't know why she would pick my room and say that I was the one she needed to talk to. You know. H really weird.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, So your mom is like into this kind of stuff too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my mom is into chancedental meditation. She's That's like that was kind of like our religion growing up in the house, Like we never went to church or anything, but we always were like into meditating and mantras and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: So oh, that's great spiritual.
Speaker 2: You know, she always she had tarot cards and a crystal skull and that kind of stuff. So yeah, she's like all about energy stuff. So she's someone I can always call if I'm like something where it's going on.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that. So did you you bring crystals with you places when you?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah always?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh that's great. So wait, what are these other stories?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I was fini what a dream guest.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've got stories for days. I was in Nashville once again. The South is where they all live. I was in Nashville and what were you doing there? I My old manager had their management company building or whatever it was on Writer's Row. There's a whole street of old Southern mansions that they converted into publishing houses, and so they turned the attic into like an apartment so that writers can come and stay there and whatever. So I was staying there for like two weeks, and on the weekends I'd be there by myself, and a night I'd be there by myself. It was this huge Southern mansion that was like four stories High'd have to go up these four huge epic stairways to get to the attic and every time I walk up the stairs, I'd feel like I was being followed, and I end up like running upstairs and closing the door. So then things started happening where like I was brushing my teeth in the bathroom and then just the shower turned itself on, and I was like, that's weird. Maybe it's like a plumbing thing because I'm turning the same cap, but it was all like newly remodeled and nice. It's like that's weird. And then like the TVs would turn on randomly because there was like it was a huge house, all these different bedrooms, and I would hear talking downstairs and be like what the hell? And I go downstairs and the TV would be on and I'd hear like sweeping in the hallway. And then at night, like it was like that heavy southern humid air, you know, and I'd be real hot at night and muggy, and I'd be trying to sleep in the attic big mistake, and I would feel like there was just something standing over me, staring at me, and I would just like hide under the covers and just be like please go away. And then and then my mom came to visit, and we I told her because she's a photographer, and I was like, can you like take some pictures and see if catching things. She didn't, but she was like in on. I was like, something's weird and uh. And that night, in the middle of the night, the alarm went off and there was like a million entrances to this house. But so the police came out to turn off the alarm whatever. And the door that had set off the alarm is this random door that's like under a stair wade that's completely covered with ivy from the outside, so you can't even see that there's a door there. And so I was like, that's weird. And so they turned the police turned it off whatever, and then twenty minutes later went off again, and I was like my mom was like, let's get out of here, like this is this is weird. And then come to find out, I told my publishers. I was like, I know this sounds crazy, but like something's weird here, Like the TV's are turning on, the shower, like someone moved my guitar from like the bed to the piano bed, like something is weird. They're like, oh, yeah, that's how we How is the ghost that lives here. I was like, what, so they knew about it? And like, how we was a friendly ghost? I mean, to be fair, it was it was always more like mischievous. It didn't feel particularly threatening, but it was like a present and like there would be days would go where I would be like hanging out in the attic playing music or whatever. I wouldn't feel anything, and all of sudden I wouldeel like something just walked in, you know, yeah, and then wow. Now my publisher had lived in that house when they first got the building, and he said that he always put his slippers by his bed so that when you wake up the morning, he put his feet and slippers. And then he woke up on morning and his slippers had been turned around towards the bed. So it was all like a little weird creepy things like that.
Speaker 1: Now do you think do you think that someone should tell people that before they stay in the house.
Speaker 2: I think so. I mean I think like I had heard little thing where they're like, oh, how wee like and I was like really talking about like I didn't know what I was. And then I was like, oh, how he's a ghost? Got it?
Speaker 1: Do you have other stories?
Speaker 2: Well, i've recently I feel like I may have a little something in the house that I'm in right now. Really yeah, and it's not I don't know, it's not like it's not bad, it's just still. Look. I call it the toast ghost because it started out like I live alone, right so or I was before quarantine and now I have somebody here to keep in the company. But I lived alone and I'm the only person that uses the toaster, and I always put it all the way on low because I like it to just be very lightly toasted, no big deal. And I like three or four times I would put my toast in, I'd go do the dishes or whatever, waiting for a toast, and then it would just start smoking and it would be turned all the way up and it would be completely blackened, like goss toast. And I was like, what, this is so weird. And I like, I have a housekeeper that comes every once in a while, and I was like, did you turn like did you clean the toaster and maybe and she's like no, no, I didn't touch it. I was like okay. And then recently and then my friend was here in the kitchen. It all seems to revolve around the kitchen, but now it's been spreading throughout the house. She was doing something in the kitchen. She said that a pen from the living room project dialed into the kitchen just flew in the kitchen and she was like, uh, like that's not the dog doing something, you know, like a pen flew into the room. And like she told me that I hadn't told her about the toast ghost, and she told me about the pen thing, and I was like, that's really weird because there's a there's a toaster ghost. And then and then like a screw came out of the cabinet randomly, that like a screw that you'd have to screw up, like it would have to screw all the way up in order to fall out, and it was out, and like the cabinet was just like hanging off, and I was like, that's weird because it's all painted it, like the screws are painted over, you know. Weird. And then recently, just in the past week, my heat was turned up to like eighty three degrees. I was like, why is it so hot in here? What is going on? And now the heat keeps setting itself to eighty degrees and obviously it's been hot, so it's not like I like preprogrammed it by accident to go to eighty degrees for everybody coast.
Speaker 1: Ghost is trying to toast you.
Speaker 2: I know. I'm saying, like it's turning up the heat, so I don't know what that's about. And then a bunch of my my gear, like my musical gear, stuff like my compressors and stuff was just all randomly turned off. My microphon, everything was turned off. I usually lived on so I can just I don't have to do a whole setup every time I work, and everything was turned off. And I asked my boyfriend that I'm quarantining with. I was like, did you turn off my gear? And he's like, no, obviously there's been nobody else here, like we've been in lockdown.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, yeah, have you ever seen the video? It's like a I want to say, maybe the eighties or early nineties, a news report of a woman with a haunted toaster.
Speaker 2: What No, I'm not the only one.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Bonnie, it's iconic. I feel like I need to send it to you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: It's so funny. This woman she okay, first, she's trying to make the toast and demonstrating on the air that this huge flame comes out of it. And then she has a piece of toast that I believe says Satan lives carved into it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And then it ends with the the reporters like, so why do you keep it? And she's like, well, it makes good toast.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I'm with you on that, though I don't want to. I call it captain crunch toast. If it's like too long, I need just like a light.
Speaker 2: To scratch up the top of my mouth exactlyms everywhere. I just want like a lightly toasted, nice little raisin bread.
Speaker 1: You know, exactly. Wait, but how long have you been at this place?
Speaker 2: Oh? About two years?
Speaker 1: And did the toasting when? Did that start?
Speaker 2: About a year in?
Speaker 1: So what do you think that is? Do you think that there?
Speaker 2: I don't know, because it started I all started having the same time. There was a toast, There was a pen, there was a screw with cabinet, and I was talking to my friend that the pen projectile of at and like we had just a friend of ours, an acquaintance really we hadn't seen in years, had just passed away, and I was like, that's weird, Like we're definitely not the first people that this person would visit if someone had passed away, you know, and that was the only thing we could think. I was just like, I don't really know. But I also, you know, I do a lot of spell stuff. I'm a bit of a I'm a bit of a witch. Yeah, but I mean I'm doing you know, it's all just like you know, manifestation and positive thinking stuff and whatever. But I might have to I don't know, but I don't really mind this one. It doesn't I don't feel anything. It's a thing. I don't feel a particular energy. And I've never felt afraid. I've never seen anything. It's just weird things happening like that, where I'm like, maybe this is just you know. When I was in the fifth grade, I had to do an end is a year paper on a subject of my choice. So I chose because I was fascinated by ghosts and Poulter guys and things like that. I wanted to research poultry guys, so I started researching Poulter guys. I went to the library because that's what you did in the nineties, and I started reading up on it, and basically the theory that I chose to write about was that Poulter guys are not necessarily spirits, it's just accidental telekinesis where it's like a lot of things happen with like adolescent girls in the home, where there's like a lot of emotional stuff happening, and you know that it's our own energy moving things around, right, which made a lot of sense to me. Like there's a story about a woman who just got a phone call that her husband had been in a car accident, and she reached to grab her purse and it jumped away from her, you know where it's like when we're in this heighten emotional state, then like I think you can kind of move things accidentally. People start to get freaked out, and the more afraid you get, the more energy you're building, and the more shit starts happening, you know, right. I thought that was kind of an interesting theories and like maybe it's just me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's usually I think centered around one person. Yeah, adolescent girls or adolescents, it's usually a lot of those cases. But yeah, I mean it could be something from your energy. Interesting. Do you know if if there's like any kind of history. Do you know the history of the place that you live in?
Speaker 2: It's like a mid century was built in the fifties. Nothing that I know of. I know there's been a lot of like weird just you know, building and staff where they've changed the walls around and whatever, but nothing that I know of.
Speaker 1: No, it will keep me outdated, probably just me.
Speaker 2: I'm probably just being being a poultized, you know me.
Speaker 1: Do you want to hear some ghost voices?
Speaker 2: Yes? I do.
Speaker 1: Now have you ever heard a ghost voice in all of your I.
Speaker 2: Think that after my grandmother passed, I heard her call my name once. That's different, it's weird. Everyone in my family had that experience where it was like early in the morning and I heard a woman's voice call my name and I thought that it was my roommate at the time or whatever. And I got up and she was fast asleep, and I was like huh. And then I talked to my mom and she's like, oh, yeah, Grandma like called my name. I was like, huh, it's unlike a young woman's voice, so I figured it was probably her younger self. Like when you die, you probably don't want to stay an old lady.
Speaker 1: You know right, Wow.
Speaker 2: That's the only voice I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: Well have you are you familiar with the term EVP?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, it is time to EVP or ev plicse Okay. This is a game we play on the show where basically I go to YouTube and you know, there's all kinds of paranormal investigators, amateur professional. They they go on these ghosts ons and they find these ghost voices and then I like to have my guests listen to them and tell me what you think the ghost is saying or what the ghost hunter thinks it's saying. And sometimes it's an EVP, sometimes it's an ev Polase, Okay, let's hear it. Okay, I got two of them. The first one is from on YouTube. Their name is EVP Field Processor and this was at the Meeks me E e Ks meeks a State, which is in Hayward, California, a big mansion up north. Okay, what do you hear? The ghost sang, Bonnie. Okay. It's a lot of background noise and a faint voice. Could you even hear a voice?
Speaker 2: Vaguely?
Speaker 1: Let me try it again.
Speaker 2: Ah. It sounded like the beginning of a daft punk song.
Speaker 1: To me exactly. Let me play it one word time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds like electronic music to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's some guesses. Uh, some options. Is it a I've got a mouth on me? Maybe it's like, you know, some sassy ghosts. It's like, so you know, uh, is it B that's a loud party? Is it C help me out mommy? Or D what's up Bonnie? Time here it.
Speaker 2: Is I got a mouth on me.
Speaker 1: It's actually helped me out mommy, is what they believe. Hail played it one more time now that you know that, it.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a robot to me, doesn't you know?
Speaker 1: I mean sometimes it's hard because there's so much background noise.
Speaker 2: Where it's like how may how mommy? You know what I mean? Like it sounds like it sounds like death punk. I'm pretty sure that that's a death punk ghost Get Lucky.
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna say that's an EVP. It sounds like you're leaning toward ev Please maybe another one. This is from the same group on YouTube, and this was at the Saugus train station, which is in Santa Clarita. And you're gonna hear a woman like an actual paranolman invest together woman. She kind of cuts off the ghost voice because she says okay, but you hear a really creepy voice before she says okay, so it's really quick here it is. What's it saying?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Ooh mm hmmm, I'll do it again.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't like that. That just gives me chills.
Speaker 1: That one, I know. I don't like that one at all.
Speaker 2: Let me hear it again. I can't understand what it's saying, but it sounds like hissing, something like something mad. It sounds like sounds like let me hear it. It sounded like black cat kind on. We heard again? Okay, I don't know what are their guesses of what it's saying.
Speaker 1: Okay? Is it a bush light, you know like Annheuser bush bush light?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Is it be flash light? Is it c push play or d It's just like a creepy demon growling.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Here's another. Let me play it again.
Speaker 2: Okay, push play?
Speaker 1: Oh God, that.
Speaker 2: Just gave me chills.
Speaker 1: Well, they think it's flash light. H I can kind of hear it. I'll do it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I hear that. Yeah, that's that sounds like a real one to me because it gives me chills, you know.
Speaker 1: Noah, especially if you're like recording and then all of a sudden you like later hear that and you didn't hear it in the moment. That's terrifying. Would you go go hunting?
Speaker 2: You know what? I'm just like, I'm so sensitive to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah that I you know.
Speaker 2: I don't allow ouiji birds in my house because I'm just like I don't want the trouble, you know. Yea, although, like I went on like a road trip to the South and was like stated a bunch of haunted hotels supposedly and didn't have shit, so I was a little disappointed. So like, yes, I do want to like seek it out, like I'm I'm curious and it excites me. But as far as like being bringing things into my house, I try to stay away from that. But I might go on a little ghost hunting adventure.
Speaker 1: All over come with me?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm down.
Speaker 1: Well that's about it. But what's going on with you? Tell us where people can find you. I see that you are part of this fun quibi show.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I was. I'm Friensis Darren Chris, who is a very talented everything. He's writes amazing songs. He can sing, he can act, he's funny, he's amazing.
Speaker 1: I'm always at tramp Stab Granny's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that place. Yeah, so he asked me to come on and guess star on the show. So I got to play the pop star, like the dumb dumb pop star that they write a song for. And yeah, so that comes out on Quibi on the first. So you have to deal with the app and I think it'll be totally worth it because all the people involved in the content that's being created is like super high quality. It's all of like the biggest directors, like the director that did my episode, it did the she directed Clueless and a bunch of other stuff. You know, it's like really high quality, like little pieces of content where they're short episodes, they're like fifteen minutes or something. And you know, people are watching bullshit on the internet all day long, so it's like you might as well watch some quality content, you know, totally so check out Quick Chew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then where do people find you?
Speaker 2: You can find me on Instagram. It's just at Bondie key and Twitter and YouTube is just just money, Just Bondy McKey, Spotify, go listen to my songs.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Bonnie. Oh my god, what an episode guys. That was fun and I am so excited to be recording some more episodes coming up. Make sure you are subscribed. Hey, do me a big favor and give the show five stars on Apple Podcasts. And if you have a ghost story, you could write it in a five star review, or you could just you know, write a nice five star review. And it'd be nice if you could tell your friends about the show too. I am on Instagram at roz dress Falles. I have a Facebook page. Also, we have our Facebook group ghosted by Roz dress Fales, where you can join and tell us some ghost stories in there as well. I would love to do a listener episode soon, so if you have a ghost story, please send me an email at ghosted by Oz at gmail dot com and make sure you write in the subject line listener episode. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Okay.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: Star Bans a podcast network