Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. It's our one.
Speaker 2: On this Tuesday, Dan and the Dan Nets Dan Patrick Show. How about them Jets? E t s, Bill's hold off the Jets, a lot of penalties. Bill's now four and two Jets two and four? What a Super Bowl pick? There's still time though. By the way, I did check the over under. I'm going to ask you guys that over under for wins for the Jets this year. That's coming up eight seven seven three DP Show email address DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle on dpshow. Good morning those watching on Peacock. Thank you for downloading the app and our great radio affiliates around the country. Stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the show, and this first hour brought to you by tire rack dot com. The Way Tire Buying should be the official tire expert of The Dan Patrick Show. Go to tirerac dot com.
Speaker 3: I'm slash Dan.
Speaker 2: The Tired Decision Guide is where you start. See the full lineup of general tires, special offers, free road hazard protection, mobile tire installation.
Speaker 3: Tirerac dot com. The Way tire buying.
Speaker 2: Should be poll question, play of the day, stat of the day, all of that forthcoming. Gangzoh here, Minister of humor. Also Seaton, Marv Paulie, yours truly in the back room, guys. The over under for the Jets total wins this year after last night's loss, Todd, I'm going to start with you seven and a half. Seaton, I'm gonna go to you. Eight and a half is the correct answer there. But the Jets do have better odds to make the playoffs than the following teams Bears, Dolphins, Cowboys, just some of the teams that they have better odds. They don't have better odds than the Bengals though, or the Commanders. They should have won the game. Simple should have won the game. And you know, you can come up with different explanations. You can talk about the penalties, a couple of miss kicks. Buffalo also had a couple of miss kicks. You had a Hail Mary that you connected on. You know, you just didn't perform in the red zone. And give credit to Josh Allen because you're not throwing interceptions. This is a six game run that he has not thrown an interception and that's always been the big bugboo for him is turnovers. Buffalo goes to New York and gets the win, and once again, you know, at the end of the season, these are the wins that get you home field advantage. These are the ones that maybe you host a couple of first you know, in second round games. But for the Jets and Aaron Rodgers, you know, what are you gonna do? Well, here's Aaron Rodgers talking about all the chances.
Speaker 4: What cerebo in the red zone? Miss two field goals, didn't convert on a you know, two minute drive with plenty of chances, had the momentum, had good drives, moved them all up and down the field. So disappointing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, once again in the red zone, that's Aaron Rodgers. This is on Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 3: Make plays.
Speaker 2: I know that there was an interception where Mike Williams maybe went one way and he was supposed to go the other way. Those things do happen.
Speaker 3: But you get a.
Speaker 2: Running game going, he throws for almost three hundred yards, you got couple of receivers with quite a few catch.
Speaker 3: I mean, you had everything there. You got to win those games.
Speaker 2: But here they are instead of three and three, tied for first place. Now you lose a game to Buffalo, you lose the tiebreaker they have. You know, this is basically a two win situation for Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Last night you beat the Jets.
Speaker 2: You beat the Jets in New York, and now you've got to win in the division as well. You can't be losing divisional games, you and that's not a good division.
Speaker 3: And Buffalo is not.
Speaker 2: A great team, but they've been pretty resilient. And after the firing, I thought, okay, now you're going to see the Jets. They're going to put up thirty four points and probably should have, but Buffalo got the win, and Buffalo is the class of the division. So Jets are now two and four. They got Pittsburgh on Sunday night. Coming up next week Baseball, the Mets beat the Dodgers seven to three, tied it a game apiece. The Yankees over the Guardians five to two, as they take game one.
Speaker 3: What's poll question today? Seton?
Speaker 5: I think we're going to start with the Jets panic meter.
Speaker 6: Okay, their panic meter right now is at full blown chaos. Oh crap, could be worse? Or now we're good? Okay, if you're the Jets right now? How much are you panicking?
Speaker 3: Season?
Speaker 2: Let me let me have the options again, full blown chaos, oh crap, could be worse, or no, we're good.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go oh crap.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna go oh crap, crap.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's a full blown panic yet. But can you get into the postseason with nine wins? That that would be my question. There's a lot of competition in the AFC. Can you get in with nine wins? And I don't know if you can. I mean, right now, the over under eight and a half. So let's say, best case scenario, they get to nine. I thought they were gonna get to eleven, but that is a long shot, a pipe dreamed for them. So eight and a half, I'd say, oh crap right now, Oh crap.
Speaker 5: Which is pretty bad.
Speaker 3: Oh crap? Is it is? Yeah? It's like crap, it's oh crap, crap, Oh crap? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yes, Is there an option just lighter than nah, we're good? Because that seems too positive?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 7: If I'm a Jets fan, I hate that loss, but I feel okay. I think the offense improved, They've got some they've got the Patriots coming up. They've got the Colts, they've got the Dolphins twice, and the Jaguars. There's like six wins out there that are tailor made for them to pull off.
Speaker 6: Is the final option? Something along the lines of like, no, we still got some wins in us with.
Speaker 7: The high pitched voice, which means I'm kind of lying. No, be okay, means I'm lying.
Speaker 3: Yet we can win a couple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but see, you know you compound that by the loss with Denver, like you had, you lost to Denver at home, and now you lose to Buffalo at home. It's not going to get any easier when you go on the road. It's not like, boy, we got to get out of here. The fans are on us. I mean you you could have been in first place if you win that game. You're three and three. Now all of a sudden, you can go, okay, we're starting It's like we're starting over.
Speaker 3: We're three and three. All we have to do is be better than Buffalo this year. That's it. Dolphins don't even know if they're getting two a back.
Speaker 2: The Patriots, you know, they're they're waiting for next season. But you only have to beat Buffalo. That's it, and you couldn't do it, and you had opportunities. So when somebody says, oh, they missed two field goals, so did Buffalo. You just didn't perform in the red zone. And you can't have a standalone game where all you're doing is throwing penalties. Here's Rogers on all of the penalties.
Speaker 3: He was talking a little bit.
Speaker 4: About penalties today. Yeah, it seemed a little ridiculous. Yeah, some of them seemed really bad, including the rough in the pass around me, And that's not rough in the passer. That's what play. So I cast the ball if we're going to call those things. And I thought the one on Kin Long was not rough in the passer either.
Speaker 2: So he is saying that the roughing the passer call where he was the passer getting roughed, was not a roughing the passer called. Four penalties were picked up, so they were twenty two in all, should have been twenty six.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's sarcast the ball?
Speaker 6: He said, he said, in that thing, He's like, hey, if you're gonna call it like that, we might as well start playing sarcasta ball.
Speaker 5: What is sarcasta ball?
Speaker 3: Play it again? Marvin.
Speaker 5: He was talking a little bit about patal Days tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it seemed a little ridiculous. Yeah, some of them seemed really bad, including the rough in the past around me. That's not rough in the passer. I was about to play sarcasta ball, if we're going to call those things, and I thought the one on Kin Long was not rough in the passer either.
Speaker 3: Hmm. Do you have the definition of sarcasta ball?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I just found it. It's from South Park. There was an episode in eight season eight of South Park where they play a game called sarcasta ball. That's because of fear of injury in the school system, they play a different type of football. Okay, and so you give hugs instead of tackling people. Yeah, you use a balloon instead of a ball so no one could get their fingers hurt.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 5: It's our cast a ball.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, that's that's funny, good reference. Yeah, all right, Aaron, Right, all right, I'm gonna give him bloop on that one. Blop blop.
Speaker 6: Okay, doesn't surprise me that that could be a new pole question too? Or you surprised Aaron Rodgers is a seth Park fan, not at all for me. Yeah, I'm not surprised by that one bit.
Speaker 2: No, but that was that was an interesting reference there. But I'm watching once again, I'm waiting, I'm waiting, I'm waiting. They're running the football, they got opportunities, and then it just never happened. They stall out in the red zone. So I don't know why I'm surprised. I guess because Aaron Rodgers was supposed to be the difference. When you have that quarterback, you win these games. When when you don't score a touchdown at home against Denver, I put that on the quarterback, not play calling on the quarterback.
Speaker 3: And then this game you're at home and.
Speaker 2: You have to win those games. Because you're one of the great quarterbacks of all time. You have to win these games. It's what you were brought in for. Okay, we got some skilled position guys. We bolstered the offensive line, got a couple of running backs. Maybe you could use another wide receiver, but your defense is good. You're in a bad division.
Speaker 3: Let's go. Let's go out there and win eleven games. But it's the Jets.
Speaker 2: Somehow, someway, it doesn't matter, interchangeable parts. It's just well, maybe it's the owner, Woody Johnson. I like that Bill Belichick took a shot at Woody Johnson on the Manning Cast last night.
Speaker 5: That's kind of what it's been there at the Jets.
Speaker 2: You know, barely won over thirty percent in the last ten years, so you know the owner being the owner.
Speaker 5: Just ready fire Aim.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna read between the lines.
Speaker 2: I don't think Bill Belichick's going to co coach the Jets anytime soon. Ready fire him. That's all he needed. That's it, just one line, nine seconds.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: He's pretty much said not coaching the Jets. And we did have some people who have come on to say there is no way he'll coach the Jets, and it's because of that owner. Well, there's a couple of things. I would not coach the Jets if I'm Belichick or Mike Rabel because of Aaron Rodgers' situation.
Speaker 3: If he was.
Speaker 2: Playing at a high level, maybe didn't have the injury, maybe he wanted to play another year.
Speaker 3: You don't want to.
Speaker 2: Take over that team and be held hostage by Aaron Rodgers and his situation. And so I would say I'll pass if I'm one of those marquee coaches with the Jets. I mean, the Jets are going to have to really entertain somebody and probably overpay for like Ben Johnson, the offensive coordinator with the Lions who's never been a head coach. But I can't imagine Mike Rabel or certainly Ill Belichick would walk into that situation. What if we said to the referees, you only get X number of penalties to throw the only like let's say you had like bullets, you know, in your holster. So let's say I'm going to give the officials sixteen penalties that they can call through the course of a game. Now, I'm kind of being facetious here, but it just felt like there were And Troy Aikman was great and he was very honest with saying, no, that's not a penalty, Like they are just moments. And I think because of gambling, the officials are on high alert that just throw a flag like you just don't want to miss something. And then somebody say the game was decided because you didn't throw a flag. Meanwhile, the Hail Mary, you could have thrown a flag, you know, in a couple of people there. When's the last time you remember pass interference on a hail Mary. It feels like, hey, everybody, he's in for the jump ball. Whatever happens happens, and then you know, Rogers is able to connect, and that to me so much momentum. You go into halftime and then you don't bring momentum out. But what if we just said, hey, guys, you know, make sure Brad doesn't throw too many penalty flags here. Today you only got sixteen of them, because it feels like there are moments where you go really like there's a holding away from the touchdown and you're gonna call the hold away and then you don't need to do it. It didn't affect the play, and the flow is terrible. Every time there's a long run or there's a you know, a long pass, I always go flag like automatically. I just think that there's going to be a flag on any type of long touchdown.
Speaker 3: But flag, Oh no, wow, that's a surprise. All right. So we have the Jets poll question. What else do we have today? Seaton?
Speaker 6: Uh, well, I'm gonna save this one for next segment, Dan, But oh, we have a Twitter suggested poll question most optimistic two and fourteen dot that's going to be next segment.
Speaker 3: Next segment. Okay, so not this segment.
Speaker 5: Next segond that would be the one following.
Speaker 3: This this one.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, then why don't we end this segment to get ready for next segment. You're listening to the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: In ninety eight career starts, Josh Allen has never lost three consecutive games since nineteen fifty. The only quarterback with a longer such streak to begin his career. Marvin you want to guess, Ben Roethlisberger.
Speaker 7: All right, Paul Russell, Wilson, Todd.
Speaker 5: Dan Marino, Seaton, the Goat, Tom Brady, Patrick, Mahomes overrated?
Speaker 7: What heard of them?
Speaker 2: Mahomes went one and one career starts before losing three consecutive games. So Josh Allen taking care of the football, and I thought that that was a really huge win for Greg McDermott or Sean McDermott. I thought it was a really important win for him, the head coach of the Buffalo Bills. But you're watching him, you know as far as turnovers go, and you know that's really the key.
Speaker 3: You start to look.
Speaker 2: Now, you said two fumbles lost, but last year he had six interceptions.
Speaker 3: Through the first six games.
Speaker 2: Previous year four, previous year three, previous year four. Twenty nineteen he had seven interceptions first six games, and then twenty eighteen he had five interceptions. Taking care of the football, that's really been the key because they've been under manned with their defense, but to pick up a win and to do so on the road. The other news was Aiden Hutchinson. He is out we thought for the rest of the season, but I guess there is the possibility that he could play if the Lions would get to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Here's Dan Campbell, the Lions head coach.
Speaker 8: It hurts to lose somebody like him, not only the player, but the person that's in that locker room, the leader that he is, you know. But that being said, we move forward, and let me say this, it's four to six months. I would never count hutch out ever, So yeah, probably you know, long road, but would never count him out. And I would say, if anybody can make it back, it'd be him.
Speaker 2: I hated hearing that. I hated hearing that because I wouldn't want to put more pressure on Aiden Hutchinson.
Speaker 3: Like, hey, you're going to get back.
Speaker 2: I mean this is probably six months on four to six months, and even if it's four months, that's pushing it now. I know you've had heroic moments there, but I just rehab and I don't know if is it a clean break in the tibia, but just to put added pressure on trying to come back and then.
Speaker 3: Just get healthy, worry about next season.
Speaker 2: Don't be thinking about trying to play if you get back for the Super Bowl. I know that Lions fans were reaching out to JJ Watt to see if maybe he would want to come out of retirement, and he's like, nope, nope. I woke up this morning and I had some coffee and I took a walk with my my wife and my son. I'm good and he should be no need to come out of retirement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, paung.
Speaker 7: He could still do all those things and play for the lionsd No, you take a nice walk?
Speaker 3: No, no, yeah, Mark, he.
Speaker 9: Could be like Roger Clemens with the Astros.
Speaker 3: Oh, just pitch the home games.
Speaker 10: Just do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait until the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but they did that. They're trying to coax him out. The Raiders said that Max Crosby is untouchable, and uh so you're starting to see. I haven't heard anything about Miles Garrett and the Browns. If the Lions reach out, I mean I would at least reach out. I don't know if Hassan Reddick is going to come back with the Jets or maybe the Lions. I would not be interested in him. It's already a mess there. He wanted out of Philadelphia, then the contract they thought they had agreed to, now you're holding out. I don't want a guy who is, you know, put leaving eight hundred thousand dollars on the table, you know for every game that he's going to miss, and then he's going to want to make that up and the contract you got to give him. And no, not interested. But if I could, I would at least kick the tires on the Browns with Miles Garrett, just to say, hey, what about the possibility? What could we offer you? They have draft picks, maybe a first and a second for Miles Garrett. Take him off your hands. At his price tag, I think he's twenty million dollars, great price, tag put him in there.
Speaker 3: You got one chance.
Speaker 2: These windows close rapidly for these teams trying to win a Super Bowl. I definitely I'd make an offer.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I think the Raiders said, you know, even for two first round picks. Now this is reported, we would not give up Max Crosby. All right, I get it, but the Browns, as bad as that situation is, I'd at least ask we'll get some phone calls here, teams under five hundred mid October, the level of concern or seaton do you want to come up with the different teams, and then we can decide if they have a chance.
Speaker 6: We're doing specifically two and four teams two and four suggested on the Twitter machine. All right, most optimistic two and fourteen. Let's start with the Bengals.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's see they have the Ravens. They've got the Steelers twice, the Eagles, the Chargers, Cowboys, Broncos, Browns twice, Titans and Raiders.
Speaker 5: That's not the worst schedule.
Speaker 2: I would still be optimistic. I'd be optimistic with them. I mean the problem is, the Ravens might be the best team in the AFC, and the Steelers are still carving out wins. Now you do have the Browns, but I mean it'll be difficult, but could they get to ten wins?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And then there's teams in there too that you're not really sure what you're going to get, like which Eagles are going to show up, which Cowboys are going to show up?
Speaker 2: Which, well, I think we've seen the Cowboys. Now they're going to get Lawrence and Michael Parsons back. And the defense has to be better. It can't be worse. The question is is the offense. I mean that was kind of lost in that loss to the Lions, that the offense didn't do anything. That was what was surprising there. The defense they're banged up and they got manhandled, but the offense didn't do anything. Who else do you have in their seaton?
Speaker 5: Let's go to the Raiders at two and four.
Speaker 6: They've got let's see the Chiefs twice, Falcons, Buccaneers.
Speaker 5: No, I don't have any hope for Yeah, they got a tough skinning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I look they're just non threatening, no non threatening. And you get some of these fan bases that travel and they want to go to Vegas and later in the year you're going to want to go to Vegas and it feels like it's a home game. It was, you know, for the Steelers. So when you get that, you've lost a home field advantage. You don't have your quarterback, your wide receiver once out, and you know you're in the same division. The Chargers are good, Denver's better than we thought. Then you got the Kansas City chief. So no, I wouldn't hold out much hope. Yeah, Pauline, I.
Speaker 7: Think if you're a smart Raiders fan, you think of this season as let's get a bunch of losses and get a quarterback in the top six of the draft next year season, because what do you want to win seven games and start next year with the same type of lineup? This is a this is a draft year for the Steelers.
Speaker 2: Now, is Tom Brady going to be involved in the Raiders draft as a minority owner? I'm assuming he's allowed to do that. If he's going to be approved as a minority owner, is he going to be in the war room there? How involved is he going to be? But yeah, I can see Deon sanders Son playing for the Raiders next year and the Raiders select Chaudeur sanders out of Colorado, Uh, Lucas and Texas. Hey Luke, what's on your mind today? Hey Dan, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 11: I've got a technical question, or like a broadcasting related question. Uh, and I thought i'd call our resident broadcasting experts. So I've watched football for a long time and I've kind of noticed this. But my wife and I were watching and flipping back and forth, particularly the NFL games on Sunday between the two main broadcasters. I don't know if you want me to say names of the networks or not, but I know she instantly noticed there's a different sound to the game.
Speaker 12: And what I mean is like.
Speaker 11: The mix of the audio of like the crowd of the game of the broadcasters, and then like we were noticing, like there's a little bit of a different look to it. I mean, so my question is, is there like a mindset for different broadcasts to have a different kind of audio or sound mix?
Speaker 13: Is that?
Speaker 11: I mean, it's just just kind of like a presep that's evolved over time. Is that a thought process that goes in the planning of broadcasts.
Speaker 2: I'm going to guess it does. I don't know the strategy behind it, but I think you want to have your look to something, you want to have your sound to something. I don't think that everybody. I don't know if the NFL says, hey, we want a universal sound or a universal look, I think you want to let the networks. I mean, this is why Sunday Night Football is so great, because they really set the temperature for everybody and how to broadcast a game, how it's supposed to look, how it's supposed to sound, flow of the game, how you cover it. So I would say, yes, you want to give the networks the opportunity to have their look and sound to a game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Pauline Marvin and I both worked a long, long time ago on Cruise that's set up for games when I was younger in Westwood. The setup for the sound of football games is sometimes way harder than the setup of cameras. She goes first, the audio goes first, and that is some of the most complex things and things that go haywire. Sundnight Football on NBC hasn't mastered. Their sound is always almost spotless. There are other networks that are a little newer in the game that their audio mixes don't balance out too well and don't have enough bass or don't have enough voice for the people. So marvinds is too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Amazon's still trying to figure out their sound and their look. But you know, these other networks have had decades and most of your people who are there in the truck with cameras, directors, cameraman, sound men, they've been doing this for a long long time, and there is a certain quality that you're looking for, yes, Marv.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you definitely want a mixture. So I carry a big it's called the parab mic, and so they have these big, big mics that I carry, and it is to get the sound of the players. You want as kind of background noise to hear it during the game, and you want a mixture of maybe a little bit of crowd noise the play. I play guys in the way I do a lot of stuff with NBC, and the way they do it is perfect because they've had so much practice at it, they've done it for such a long time.
Speaker 2: But this is a circular. Yes, it's like a cone or something that you're putting your pointing towards the field.
Speaker 9: Ye, you're pointing at the players to hear them. And the stuff you do here is wild, But yes, you do want that sound for sure.
Speaker 3: Matt in Tampa, Hey Matt, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 14: Hey, one of guys hooball as well. I was just laughing out loud when I heard the sarcast ball thing. As a south Park fan. It's a great episode, and whether you like the South Park guys or not football fans, you gotta watch it. It starts with the kids, but then it skills over into the NFL. They make fun of Goodell, he's a talking robot. They even make fun of Jim Rome at the end.
Speaker 11: It's hilarious.
Speaker 14: You got to check it out.
Speaker 3: Hilarious. Thank you man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big south Park shout out by Aaron Rodgers. Last night, Griffin and Cincinnati's back Hi Griff.
Speaker 13: Hoo dah hoodah Whoday. Thinkt gonna beat them Bengals. We're not quite there yet, Dan, but we're getting close to it. I know it went against the Giants, has and went against the Giants, but the defense finally stepped up. Good to see them play well. I am nervous for Sunday because I don't think the Bengals have won in Cleveland since like twenty seventeen, So even though they're favored big and Deshaun Watson doesn't look great, A little nervous. I have a question, but real quick, Indiana Hoosiers six and oh football. Yeah, finally got the big squat on noon on Saturday. Love to see that. Troy Aikman, Hugiu fan. Now, Dan your acting career. I'm curious if you weren't asked to put up one of your roles for consideration for Best Supporting Actor at the Oscars, which one of your roles would you submit? You only have one choice.
Speaker 2: I would say the nightclub owner and just just go with it. I think that one was the one that pretty much opened the eyes and the ears of the critics that they realized that he's more than just a talking hair do yes.
Speaker 6: I want to throw in their TV's Randall Morgan from That's My Boy. Yeah that was you really played a part there.
Speaker 3: I did. I It was awesome. Yeah, that's called acting. That's what yeah is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you did you acted, You actually acted.
Speaker 7: A lot of people are just finding out now that that was you and that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're like, oh my god, I thought that was Jerry Springer. It's like the Penguin, Like that's Colin Farrell. No way, Yeah, that was Dan Patrick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, TV's Randall Morgan.
Speaker 2: And then I found out from Sandler's assistant after they sent me my sides. That's my part of the script for Happy Gilmore two that Sandler now doesn't want me to do my part in the studio. He wants me out on set and he doesn't maybe doesn't want me to play me in that role of broadcaster, which is even better.
Speaker 3: But you know what that means.
Speaker 7: Trailer, big trailer.
Speaker 2: Sandler will give me a mustache. That's it, Like, that's me not playing me. That's usually what he says, Danny, You're gonna have a mustache. I mean, like, so, I I think I'm filming that in a month. Now is gonna be doing it next week? Now there's a it's it's a big change in the script there. Maybe it's a plot twist. I have no idea.
Speaker 3: But Happy Gilmore two now on location somewhere in New Jersey. They're gonna build a set. You know, they're they're gonna do bells and whistles here. So I'm I'm excited about that. Johnny and Pittsburgh guy, Johnny, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Hey Man?
Speaker 15: Six three Husky So Bill's Masia for life. I gotta tell you, I do have one last comment about nat I saw on ESPN last a teacher guy's interest. But real quick, I don't put on my tinfold. I don't want to talk about the rest. Unfortunately, the league kind of made it that way last night, has made it that way in several games. I remember Al Michael's a few weeks ago veging his frustration. My question is, I mean there was even a call against the Jets last night for unsportsmanlike conversation was the actual call, and then there was even a segment they called so many penalties that the guy faced the wrong way. The head official says faced the wrong way to address the camera. I mean it was my Twitter feed was blown up. There was one call I want some clarification on. They even mentioned at Troy Aigman, the Bills hired this guy away from ESPN to be their.
Speaker 13: In booth advisor.
Speaker 15: On the fumble the tuck rule on Rogers, they challenged it and said and it was a fumble, but they said sorry, the league had already looked at it. So I would love clarification on that. And lastly, I know it was the Harbaugh game. I know that's what they were referencings. But did you guys see the ESPN ad for who's got it better than we do?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't see that. By the way, I got the Jets favored by one and a half against the Steelers. That surprises me.
Speaker 3: On the road.
Speaker 2: This is what I got from DraftKings. They just sent it over the Jets minus one and a half at the.
Speaker 7: Steelers day, I got that confirmed.
Speaker 3: What do you think the over under is going to be?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say thirty nine.
Speaker 7: It's twenty twenty three Iowa esque, it's thirty six.
Speaker 3: And a half.
Speaker 7: Wow, that is It has to be the lowest of the season so far. I don't have another over under line next week under forty one point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just thought it feels like twenty to nineteen is the final. The Jets are favored by one and a half in Pittsburgh against Justin Fields Steelers. Is is this going to be a shootout?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 9: Marvin, who's on the billboard like Jets versus Steelers? Aaron Rodgers, TJ.
Speaker 3: Watt, Yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're gonna have Justin Fields Russell Wilson there and Aaron Rodgers. It's going to take two quarterbacks to defeat this quarterback. Sunday Night Football, Jets, Steelers NBC. I think they'll have TJ.
Speaker 3: Watt there.
Speaker 7: Yes, there was a game last year where TJ. Watt was out and I think Kenny Pickett was at quarterback and it was like a Thursday night game, like and it was like blank blank versus Cam Hayward.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah Steelers. Yes, above average defensive tackle. Yeah, and he's a good player. Yeah, that was where like what are we selling here? Yeah? I would have put Mike Tomlin up there. I would have I would have put the two coaches up there.
Speaker 9: Yes, if it was the Titans last year or the year before, Mike Vrabel would have been my guy to put.
Speaker 3: Up Yes, yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you guys see Will Levis's touchdown celebration where he's doing Spider Man.
Speaker 9: I wish I didn't see it.
Speaker 3: I get like, if.
Speaker 2: I'm Will Levis, I don't do anything you know crazy? Just just play football right now. You're having a hard enough time. Just play football. Don't give me the spider Man webs.
Speaker 3: Like, what are you doing? And how about you win? A game that.
Speaker 7: Would help you through for almost one hundred yards. You can't.
Speaker 2: He keeps trying to look like a quarterback who's playing a quarterback.
Speaker 3: In a movie.
Speaker 2: I get it's just he's at a central casting, but I just don't need that, Like, just tone it down. He's probably like telling all of his buddies, Hey, when I score.
Speaker 3: You know I'm gonna do. I'm gonna do Spider Man man. Oh that's awesome. Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna do webs.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, stop trying to be something. Just play football. Just play football. Take a break. I mean we're gonna take a break. Play the day up next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 16: Oh my God, Play of the day Twitter, Look my god, this is the play of the day.
Speaker 1: Check this out.
Speaker 17: So I'm gonna drive in the air pretty well, hit right center. Pot has back at that track near the wall.
Speaker 5: That is God.
Speaker 17: A grand slap for Mark Vayet does on a three to two pitch, he clears the bass, bark. Vayet dos, we have a Mets second grand slam of the postseason. His third postseason a half red has given the Mets of six to nothing.
Speaker 2: Lead Mets Radio Network. That's your Player the Day, brought to you by Rapid Radios instant push to talk walkie talkies offering national LTE coverage, nose subscriptions or monthly fees. Ever perfect for instant contact with an aging parent. Go to rapid radios dot com. Up to sixty percent off free shipping. If you're Major League Baseball, if you're the commissioner, you're looking at the Dodgers and you're looking at the Yankees. So if you look at that scenario, you couldn't ask for anything better. That's the best case scenario. Now, the Mets and Yankees. We saw that years ago and it wasn't a ratings bonanza because the rest of the country didn't care. If you have the Mets and Guardians, that might be a rough call. You know, if you're going, hey, we might get some good ratings. Here would tune in? I think just for the possibility Guardians finally win a World Series.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's enough to make you tune in.
Speaker 2: But if you had Dodgers, Yankees, even Dodgers Guardians is gonna get numbers, but the Mets and Guardians might be a little tougher. Sell Mets and Yankees. Most of the country won't be interested in that. Dodgers Yankees can't go wrong. Been a while since we've had those two in a World series. You can bring back all the highlights there, even some of the players who played in those games. You can have them involved in it. That would be ideal, But we got a long way to go. You got Game two with the Guardians at the Yankees coming up tonight. We do have football tonight as well. Troy is playing South Alabama. Oh hey, I'm in on it. Louisiana Tech against New Mexico State. All right, I'll do a dry bar Troy getting thirteen and a half against South Alabama and Louisiana tack minus eleven and a half against New Mexico. Stick seat and update the pole results. Get a couple more phone calls in here first hour. Yeah, we got up there right now. What is the level of the Jets panic meter?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Okay, the panicometer if you will, full blown chaos? Oh crap, could be worse, or hey, it's not over yet right now?
Speaker 3: Oh crap?
Speaker 6: Is in the lead, followed very closely by full blown chaos. It's not over yet, not really registering all that much. Most people think it's pretty much over.
Speaker 2: How are the Jets favored at Pittsburgh?
Speaker 3: They're favored by one and a half.
Speaker 5: They're just begging you to take that.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess if you're an odds maker, you're looking at that and you're going, you know, the Jets are a whole lot better than their showing and should have won last night, but playing Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh Sunday night. Tom in North Carolina, Hi, Tom, what's on your mind?
Speaker 10: Hey, DP, I'm looking around the league and I'm looking at some of the the hot button issues and I was wondering which one would you choose for a hard hitting Dan Patrick interview based on this past week. Jerry Jones or Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 3: Jerry Jones, Yeah, haven't had him on. Aaron.
Speaker 2: We've had on now. You know, I know that we're going to play checkers and we'll play chess. If I'm interviewing him with Jerry, I probably can strike gold if he gives me ten fifteen minutes of his time. I think that would be entertaining. Now he might not think it's entertaining. Fritzie, would you ask for Jerry Jones that I want to wish him a happy birth? Yes, okay, let's see if we can get him on Andrew in Washington. Hi Andrew, what's on your mind?
Speaker 12: Good morning, and it's could have a great day. Hey, I've got a callback from yesterday.
Speaker 3: Wait, what was that?
Speaker 17: Good?
Speaker 3: To have a great day?
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know, I just kind of fumbled my words. Oh, okay, okay, I have a callback from yesterday. Shane Irving had maybe asked for a statman to find out if Jared Gobbs eighteen completions for three hundred yards was a record. Well, you know, Shay can rest assured that was not a record. The record is only nine completions to throw for three hundred yards in a game. That was done by John Hadel back in nineteen sixty eight. But I did have a question for the room at trivia. Question you brought up the Baltimore Ravens running game and all the records they're setting. So Dereck Henry is only the second player ever in history of the NFL to rush for six hundred yards in eight tds in their first six games with a team. Can anyone named the other NFL player to do that.
Speaker 3: Jim Brown when he joined the Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 12: No, you're on the right course because it is a Hall of Famer, all.
Speaker 7: Right, Pauline Earl Campbell.
Speaker 12: Uh not not as you guys are going too uh too late.
Speaker 13: A little bit in.
Speaker 3: The eighties, now, Fritzy, that's your Wheelhouse Dickerson.
Speaker 1: Bloop bloop bloo.
Speaker 2: Yes, Tod tod is he loves the eighties? Yeah, nailed it, thank you, Andrew. Yeah, God loves the eighties.
Speaker 13: I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guilty? That is your that's your wheel.
Speaker 6: I'm stuck living in the eighties.
Speaker 8: I'm here now.
Speaker 6: But man, it makes.
Speaker 14: Good sports radio conversation.
Speaker 2: Nobody runs or ran like Eric Dickerson, that straight up style.
Speaker 3: He was imposing.
Speaker 2: Man, although when we had him on set a couple of years ago, he was like he had a hard time sleeping. He said that just all of the wear and tear on his body on the way on this Tuesday