Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shape. Dy. I am Jaselle Bryant. What's up? What's up? This is Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us once again. Mind you do we remind these people. It's the season four of Reasonably Shady. Sure into it. We are doing big things over here, Yes we are. Yes, we're brothers for well three full years, four seasons. That's pretty impressive. Yeah, we're doing a European tour. Yeah, I think we should know. I do think. No, I didn't know. Yeah, we're doing a European tour to make it to La West Coast, Houston, everywhere. Keep say we're going. We're doing a European tour and then work our way in, work our way back, work our way back home. Yeah. Yeah, we're gonna be on the road for like four weeks. Okay, yet you down? Yes, sure, because I have nothing to do, really nothing. You got nothing to do right now. I will have nothing to do very soon. Okay. I know you have a lot to do. You've got these children, you got that husband of yours. But I have nothing. Okay, so we're going on tour. Okay, So I want you to be nothing like me. Wait what I want you to have nothing to do like me? Oh okay, just jump into it, right y. Switch happening in the world, okay, making it happen. Yeah, it happened one day, one day soon soon if anybody wants to plan our tour, have at it. See, yeah, you really will have nothing to do. Thank you, Robin form your mind. Thank you.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, how am I going to get away for that long? But okay, yeah, we'll make it.
Speaker 2: We'll figure it out, all right. So shady moment, I have a shady moment. Let me let me talk them go. So you know my kids just graduate from high school, right, yes, and so this particular high school, I've been there for five years because Grace was there first and then it's twins. So five years. Oh it wasn't ok three twelve situation. Okay. So when I got to the school, you know, very much real Housewives, Potomac wasn't full bloom, and everybody was clear who Josee is, right, and they kind of like, didn't they left me alone? You know, they weren't like in my face? And oh my gosh, and can I take a picture? They didn't do none of that right until graduation. Oh God of Angel and a door. They're like, oh, this is a last opportunity. Oh my god. And somebody one of the teachers even came to me and was like, you know, I know with you, it's all about the girls. So I guess they must have had a talk or something and they're like, let's leave this woman alone because she really like it's into her girls and like what's going on in their lives anytime she's here, she's here for the kids. She's not here for a meet and greet. Right, Oh they meet and greet? My ass up. Okay, I was gonna say, this is an opportunity to say, can you take a picture? That is funny, that's cue. So yeah, I did my meet and greet and I am done. But that was a little shady. That's fine. I would have rather have just done it like periodic over time as opposed to the bomb rush, right, because it was a straight bumb rush. That's funny.
Speaker 1: So they never I mean, I'm sure they had some type of internal discussion, like, you know, don't don't go ask for.
Speaker 2: Pictures, don't talk about the show.
Speaker 1: I don't know whatever, respect their privacy type of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yes, which they did. Yeah, but that's they're like, wait a minute, you can't be here for five years and we don't have no pictures, right. Oh yeah they got all the picture that's cute. So yes, shady but not shady, but shady very cute. Yeah, that's funny. Love it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So my shady moment is getting old?
Speaker 2: Huh is shade? I mean it depends on what you're talking about. Talk about your knees.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about my hand yesterday, exactly yesterday, out of the blue, huh, out of nowhere? My hand started hurting, like painful? Which hand, my right hand.
Speaker 2: The hand that you your phone, your big phone that everyone has, Yes, but I don't.
Speaker 1: But if I don't hold it that much anymore, what do you do?
Speaker 2: I like, put it down or I'll or I'll hold it like because you can't because your hand hurts. Okay, go ahead, don't want to. I don't want to talk about your shady mom Go ahead.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you it can't be from the phone.
Speaker 2: Out of the blue, out of the blue. And then what happened? Did you put ice on it? No, wrap it up. No, you put your phone down. I did put my phone. Take my phone. My hand hurts. Okay, I'm just I'm like, is this carpor tunnel?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Yes, because of your not because you get old. Is your phone no, yes, because you're your phone. Any any other questions. The answer to all questions is because of your phone, my phone. Yes. Out of the blue. Just yes, out of the blue. Because what happened was recently you've been holding in a lot. This is what happened. You've been holding it a lot for whatever reason. Just think about what's going on in your life. You've been traveling a lot for your for your boys, go on all these basketball games, you got the phone in your hand, and the whole time of the basketball your hand hurts, Your wrist hurts, carpal tunnel, arthritis, everything. I don't know if that's it. Send your bill to Apple, okay, send the doctor bill destroy and I encourage that for everyone, okay, because I know everyone's wrist hurts.
Speaker 1: Yeah maybe, Okay, So I'm gonna tell you where my pain is. If anyone has you know, any advice. So it's like the palm of.
Speaker 2: My hand, buy my thumb. Where you in through my phone thumb. Yeah, that's like where most of the pain is.
Speaker 1: And it's like hard to like like grab things, open things, just wipe my butt.
Speaker 2: Like can you imagine the young people when they get forty, they're they're totally not gonna be able to use their fingers? Yeah, yeah, So do you are you a two finger typer on your phone or one? I use my two thumb, two thumbs. Yeah, your thumbs hurt, don't they? Well, my loved one doesn't. Well this but you hold it with your right and you use your thumb. So this, all of this is being like used over and over again. I just want you to listen. I'm a hold on my phone. This is my phone. This is my phone. Let me see your phone, Robin, And that's Robin's phone. So my I have mini phones a very small phone for a reason. Yes, the reason why. It's Robin shady moment. My hand was hurting for a long time and I said I can't do this. Mob and everyone everyone jokes me about my phone. Everyone like punks me. They say I'm a child, I'm a toddler. All the things right now.
Speaker 1: I get it, but remember I had the big This is not the big phone. Either I had the the Max phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember, and I had to get rid of it. Yes, it was so heavy. Yeah, but now this one, I don't. I don't believe that that's why my hand is hurting right now. Okay, so do me a favorite. Don't pick up your phone for like a.
Speaker 1: Day, okay and see, Okay, Okay it could be I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really bad.
Speaker 1: But I feel like if I wasn't old, then I wouldn't be having this problem.
Speaker 2: But you're not old. Are you getting old? You get older? Yeah, but your face card don't decline and you needs to work. You're good. We just got to put the files down. I just got Carbor Tunnel, all right. So I want to ask you about I had someone I had to ask you mis throbbing Dixon hold on.
Speaker 1: But it was like throbbing in the right time. Like I'm like in the bed, sleep and my hand is throbbing.
Speaker 2: So that's when I literally was like I got to make a change because of that. I would sleep and my hand was like throbbing. Yeah, and it was my whole hands. It was like my thumb all the way because I think I was holding my phone kind of like thrusting it all my pinky. So it's like the whole thing my wrist and you know I lift weights. Yeah, you do too, right, And I couldn't do that. My arms like grabbed the whole thing. Yeah, so Apple needs to do better. Yeah, Okay, So this is a follow up to something that we discussed a while ago. And there's a doctor and she is there's a video and she's sitting on the toilet. Okay, and do you know what she says? Don't look at your phone when you're on your tour. It says, hey, who me? Have you heard that? There's a five minute rule on the toilet? And the five minute rule is after five minutes, if you don't get up off the toilet, you're really hurting your whole internal system. Okay, you're hurting your butt, you're hurting the toilet, you're hurting the toilet paper, you're hurting it pot because the toilet acts as a vacuum. And this technical terms for all this. Yes. In other words, you ma'am, you sit on the toilet and read and scroll through Instagram, do all them things. It's not good for you. That's just a follow up. People. You know what I've heard that. Actually I saw that that same video. Yeah, the same woman. Yeah, I think it, like you get hemorrhoids and all types of stuff. Yes, do you have hemorrhoids? Maybe Gonna swore you was gonna say no, Robert, you cannot sit on a toilet like that. Now, Robbins over here with hemorrhoids? What prepar since you said that? Look, we got a letter. Uh huh, let's see, she said. She said, Hold this is from tokes ojo o dah. Okay, okay, Look, I'm not the only one a gazelle and Robin, I'm waving like I can see you in real life. I've been a fan since the first season of Rhop Will Make You on the show. Robin been listening to recentably.
Speaker 1: Shady on Shopify, Shopify, Spotify since you started podcast. This email is a little later than planned, but I'm gonna send it anyway. I wanted to respond to episode thirty five where Robin was talking about magazine racks in the bathroom and how that was a big thing before cell phones. Yeah, I'm dating myself here, but when I had my apartment back in my twenties and thirties and Queens, I had a magazine rack with Essence in Style Black Enterprise in the bathroom. I haven't seen a magazine rack in forever, and that is definitely due to cell phones.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: I'm impressed that Giselle doesn't take her phone to the bathroom. That means your time must be super efficient.
Speaker 2: Yes, so my time on the toilet, Yes, yes, it's I sit down boom go, yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, no, that's impressed. I'm telling you a lot of people can't just do that.
Speaker 2: Like We've gotten so many people write in like like, no, I've got to sit there and take my time and y'all marinate. Okay, y'all need to eat some more fire fiber. Yeah yes, yes, yeah, yeah. Well I'm surprised at you because you know blueberries, you eat all the blueberries and that's high fiber. I know, I know. But yes, okay, I'm going to make a change. I'll figure it out. Okay. So two things you need to do? Put your phone down and go number two in three minutes, yes or less? Okay. So lastly, not lastly, what I talk about. I know. So in this news report it says, and you know, I think we've discussed this before, but it's it's good that we rediscuss or discuss again, discuss again. Yeah, making your bed makes you two hundred and six percent more likely to become a millionaire. I make my bed up every day. Okay, it's all I'm say about that. I'm gonna tell you how much money I have, but it's a lot. Do you make your bed up, Robin, I do.
Speaker 1: It's okay, it's not made up right now, Okay, but I do make it up every day.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, well you too will be a millionaires. Okay, so I'm just trying to tell y'all, y'all better make up your bed every day. I'll be telling my kid, y'all better make up your bed, I know, unless you want to be broke.
Speaker 1: I do feel like it sets the day in a good tone, right, you know, like, And I do feel when it's not made up, I feel unorganized or undone, like I just I don't know. It's like when I walk in my room my bed is not made up, I'm like, oh my gosh, like right to make my bed up.
Speaker 2: It's a sign of organization and you're ready for the day and you're ready to be successful. I would think that it's automatic, like I get out the bed, I automatically turn around and make it up. Yeah, and that's why I have all the money, right, all of it's good.
Speaker 1: I don't automatically do it like I do it because I get up. We'll see you get up a lot earlier, right, and you have a lot more time in the morning, and.
Speaker 2: You don't have to take kids to school.
Speaker 1: That's okay even if I did so for me, I'm getting up, I'm waking kids up, I'm you know, making lunch, I'm getting them off the school. So I don't make my bed up until I come back.
Speaker 2: But or if, as I say, Wan's still in the bed, right, then do you make up your side? I always pull the cover. I always.
Speaker 1: I never let the covers be like all over the place. Can you like get out the bed and you leave the covers there, not like I pull them?
Speaker 2: Just want so if one gets out last, will he make up the bed? Lately he has not been making it up.
Speaker 1: Let him know, and he used It's it's funny because he used to be like a huge neat freak, a huge neat freak, and he's kind of like, you know, slipping on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell him he's, you know, a millionaire status making up that bed? All right? I will. By the way, guys, right now we're doing ask us anything, questions at you all have sent in. We just Robina all over the place. And this is from rod FS twenty twenty and he said, by the way, do we ever hear back from Ron who was very angry with us because we know that I know of Listen, if you're gonna write a shady shit, your name will be used. Okay. How rod FS twenty twenty said, how has it affected your children, positively or negatively that you two are public figures? Listen, we could do a whole podcast on that, which we're not. But for the positive, I think my kids look at me and they're very proud of me. They could see like I work very hard. Y'all think we don't. Y'all think we just go to lunch and there's a camera there. It's not true. So they're very proud of the success of it all. I agree with that. Negatively, you know, there are moments that they don't want anyone to know who they are. They just want to be treated like everyone else in the room. That for them is over yeah, yeah, so that you know that that kind of bothers them sometimes, especially the twins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, my kids, same thing pretty much. They're very they're very proud of me. But I can say when when I told them, did I ever talk about their reactions? Did I have talk about their reactions to when they when I told them I wasn't on the show anymore. You told me, but you can tell the people, Okay, yeah, I wasn't sure if I said it on the podcast.
Speaker 2: So their reactions were kind of different. It was funny.
Speaker 1: So I told Corey, and Corey's reaction was yes, like he was happy because that means he gets me back, like my time and my energy and my you know, I'm not gonna miss a lot of his things because I have to go film or I'm not traveling all the time or whatever because I have the film. So he was very excited. Carter, and this is the Virgo in him. Probably yes, my virgo brother. He was like, So that means like you're gonna be without, You're gonna be missing a paycheck, You're going to be.
Speaker 2: Let's about virgos. We do not want to miss a pay check. Okay, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he thought about like the money and it's a job, and you know, like what about the money?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, it's okay, I got other things going on. Yes you do, but but we count our coins, yes see argos do. Yeah, so that was funny. But they are it's I think they they they're proud and I don't think their life has been negatively affected. I think they kind of and they've in they're not on social media, they're not even they don't watch the show. The only time they're affected really is when we're out and someone is trying to, like, you know, say hi to me or you know. The people in school don't bother them, so they have a very normal life. They don't bother them until they graduate and it's on. So there was a was a football player, a basketball player that didn't go to the playoffs because oh yeah, yeah, so I want to see what you thought about that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Rudy Gobert who plays for the Minnesota Timberwolves in the Conference semifinals, Game two of the NBA Playoffs Conference Semifinals against who were they playing?
Speaker 2: They just beat them? And is he really good? He's good? Yeah, he's like he was a starter. He's a starter.
Speaker 1: He won the Defensive Player of the Year, so he's like a strong defensive presence for the team. So it's game two against oh, the Denver Nuggets, who are the defending National Championships champions, a very good team. So he missed game two for the birth of his first.
Speaker 2: Child, okay, And there was suspect.
Speaker 1: Yes, there was some conflicted feelings about that, right, So some people were like, no, this is the NBA Playoffs, like, you know, this is a big game, Like it's it's hard to Yeah, yeah, it's hard to get here, trying to make it to the finals.
Speaker 2: And you know, you don't you know, Okay, it's it's just a baby.
Speaker 1: I think Gilbert Arenas was like, you know, it's just you know, you're going to see that kid for the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: Shut up, right, you have twenty seven kids with twenty seven women. Shut up. Okay, not it really is like four kids with one woman, but whatever, shut up. Yes, game for that baby. I see it's gonna be there when you get back.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just saying whatever you're about to think you're about to do with the he gonna be sweep.
Speaker 1: But and then other people are like, no, that's his first child, that's a big deal. It's okay, and you know life is more important blah blah blah blah. So that just got me to thinking, like, what what is okay to missing your children's life for work?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's not?
Speaker 1: So for example, Carter's graduating from the eighth grade. His eighth grade graduation is coming up, and I have an opportunity to appear at a conference for a lot for you know, a good amount of money, you know, a short period of time, good amount of money, and I'll miss his but I will miss his graduation, so I have to make the decision like am I going to go to this or not?
Speaker 2: What you're gonna do? It's I'm intrigued. So it's just eighth grade.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you talk to him about it? How do you think he will feel? He's he's aware, and I think he's okay. He's like, okay, well, is Gig going to be there? That's my mom, So he's like, is Gig going to be there? He didn't even ask about his Dad's like my substitute and she will be there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So she'll be there, and Mom will be there of course, but he's he's okay with it and he Understandsky.
Speaker 2: Because I don't know. It's just eighth grade, Okay, if it was twelfth grade, Robin, eighth grade is important too. I think you do have to. I mean, listen, any body, any parent working, You make sacrifices when it comes to your kids. So yeah, you do have to weigh, right, because there's plenty of times where I can and have dinner because we were filming scenes or doing whatever. I think that you have to weigh what it is. And so my example is recently I was out of town for work. Adore and Angel had their cap and gown ceremony from high school, which is the ceremony they kind of split up graduation. So okay, cap and gown ceremonies when you get your awards and the whole school is there, whereas graduation it's just like the seniors, their family, all that. Typically the whole school's not there. Cap and gown ceremony, as tradition, the senior class president speaks, so Adore is the senior class president, so she was going to speak, and she's worked up to this, meaning she always wanted to do that so she was like the freshman class vice president. She was I think the sophomore class vice president. She's worked up to like make sure she was the senior class president so she can give the soul speech. Okay, So I'm supposed to be out of town for work, and I'm like, ain't no way in hell I can even look a door in the eye and say I'm not going to be there. And I told the people that I worked for about the situation, and they kind of like didn't say nothing. I know what that means. They're like that you don't think of this shit, because yeah, you leaving is like we don't want you to do that. But I had to make the decision of this for me is a no brainer, Like if I have to lose money, I will lose money. I cannot not be there for because Angel got a bunch of angels, like got the top English award of her class, Like they got all these awards. So anyway, long story short, I had to drive six hours in the middle of the night. Oh my god, it was car service. I got driven in the middle of the night six hours. I left at ten pm. I got home at four o'clock in the morning. I slept for like an hour and a half and then it got up because the ceremony was at eight o'clock in the Ome. My gosh, I did the ceremony and then I flew back to where I had come from. Wow. That sacrifices you gotta make as a mod sacrifice. But sure, but as far as having a baby, you're gonna be there. I remember when I had I was pregnant with Grace and I was getting ready to have a baby, and Jamal says to me, because I was like forty weeks pregnant, Jama says to me, he said, all right, I got this preaching gig and mohammas and you have what right in the what I told him, you go to the Bahamas if you want to, right, Bro, if I had this baby and you're going, do not come back, right, do not? He said, I don't have a preaching engagement in the Bahamas. That's how that conversation with that fast. Right. So, I mean, you make sacrifices, but no, no one should get you shouldn't really have an opinion about that. Kids come first, family comes first. Period. Jobs are not more important. And as a parent, you got to wait the option of the of the coin, like you know what I'm saying. I get that. So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what if the bag is like I mean, you gotta got away in dollars?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you wait, an option of like what are we doing? Like can we stream it?
Speaker 1: Like I can?
Speaker 2: Can I stream it? I mean, you weigh the option, but there shouldn't be any judgment either way, right Yeah. So and by the way, car service is expensive. Yeah. Now now on the flip side, yes, car service, And I didn't know that to drive six hours, yes, no idea car service was expensive. If car service just to pick you up from the airport and take you home is over one hundred dollars, I didn't know none of that, literally until I had to come out of my pocket for but like that six hours was fifteen hundred dollars. Wow, Yeah, I had no idea.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I thought he was gonna say five hundred hit it.
Speaker 1: Okay, But so in my opinion, if they were if Rudy Gobert was playing in the in game seven of the Championship, the Championship, the finals, you going to play in that game, I'm sorry you're playing in that game?
Speaker 2: That's a tough call. That is tough super Bowl tough call. Yes, right, yeah, things like that. It's like, okay, yes, we just have to time the pregnancies.
Speaker 1: I mean, because if you think about it, the kid won't know that he wasn't there.
Speaker 2: But anyway, we're moving on, all right, So sage soul flower eleven ass how do you deal with haters? Y'all know, we love haters, haters. Who has haters? We love haters. I don't know anything about Listen. Haters is actually what makes Twitter.
Speaker 1: Work, very true, very true haters is haters are comical, and I realized it's always comedy.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna tell you how you do with haters.
Speaker 1: We don't take haters personal because I don't like the toxicity of them, Like I just don't like to read that negative energy. And of course I realized that like everybody has haters.
Speaker 2: It could be a video.
Speaker 1: On Instagram about blueberries, someone telling you to eat blueberries because blueberries are healthy, and I promise you there'll be someone in the comments saying, but blueberries have pesticides And how dare you tell me to eat blueberries because they you know what I'm saying, like, and you're not an expert.
Speaker 2: Look at you. It's what makes you think you are experts.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's so crazy to see yes people trolling and saying negative things to like regular everyday people.
Speaker 2: Every yes, every and that is how you should look at it. Everyone has haters, Yes, it ain't just Giselle and Robin. It's like every body has a hatur right, So I just I think they're funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I laugh at it. But I am happy to be kind of relieved of the super toxic haters right now.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're gonna you're gonna get pulled in and I mark my word, and y'all let me know when y'all see it. Are you ready? Yeah? So, at some point the Royal Housewives of Potomac will come out, I mean, the episodes will air and something crazy will happen and somebody will say this because Robin's not on the show, this's just Robin's fault. It's Robin's fault. I promise you they're gonna blame it on Robin, right, Okay, just saying because it's already happened, right, okay, moving on, moving on, Okay, So I love when people are like when we say ask us anything, and they like straight up do so G Money three two four seven seven said, how's it going? They're on in to just say what you want to know? How's it going? G Money? Yes, so Robin, how's it going? It's going out. Yes, it's going well. And he says he's gonna miss Robin of course, but how's it going? How about I even answer, how's it going? How's right? What is it right? Yeah? What's the it parting? It's just going, yes, And I say, I'm I'm you know, despite not being on season, I'm quite busy. Yeah, and we are actually about to begin the build out construction process of oh boom. Yeah. People can ask me about that, and I'm like, I'm not really sure. I think she's still building out. So you're about to start that, Yeah, okay, start that.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's definitely a process just to get just to get here. I mean I signed my lease in December, yeah, and now we're in June. So that was like, you know, December it's like a wash because of the holidays and stuff, so almost like don't even count December. So January to June, it took that long for us to just get the architectural plans drawn and approved and the permit issued, and now my contractor is ready to hit the ground running. So and his timeline if we stay on course, shows with a completion in the middle of August.
Speaker 2: Love that that's soon. Yeah okay, so okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So now I got to hit the ground running. Like with my hiring my staff.
Speaker 2: That's going to say, you got to hire your staff because I can't. I can't do injections and stuff for you. I can't work for your rabbit. I know you want me to work for you, but it cannot be. But I'll get some good people to do it. So yeah, so it's busy, and then you know, kids, life, family, it's good. Another thing I think that you should put in there is like a makeup bar, like somebody in there just like putting on makeup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I might have space for that because I have, especially in the beginning, because I have five treatment rooms, and I just think, you know, a new business you have to grow and build and so I probably won't have five rooms utilized like every hour of the day, so I probably can use one of those rooms.
Speaker 2: For like a gland bar. Yeah. I love that, Like some of that you can just run in there and get your makeup done. People need that, right. I got a good question. Yeah, this is from all things jzell me me, me me, this is a good question. Okay, how did y'all manage to keep a solid friendship despite the reality TV curse? And I think we've kind of said this in a lot of ways and maybe knows the answer to this, maybe, but okay.
Speaker 1: But I think, I mean, we legitimately were friends before we started.
Speaker 2: We weren't.
Speaker 1: You know, we're clearly a lot closer today, but we legitimately were friends, and we have a lot in common and we just enjoy being around one another. And for us, it's not a competition. I think what happens to a lot of people on these shows is they get on the shows and they they're in competition with one another, like, you know, they want to be everyone wants to be the queen of the show where you know, the most.
Speaker 2: Liked, and they want to pander to the fans and get them on their side and all that type of stuff, and so they end up doing stuff that's just really not something that a real friend would do. For sure, everyone has their own individual journey and their own individual lane. So even if you're on a show, you have your lane, which is you, right, so wrap that out and support everybody. And yeah, I've you've totally supported me. I support you. I think we're closer today more so than ever before. Yeah for sure. Yeah, yeah, well, I mean, yeah, we've been through a lot.
Speaker 1: You know, we might have said stuff on the show or that we didn't approve of or you know, always support it, but we always still had each other's back.
Speaker 2: So hey, ni h e y n I why Haney asked us about two pages worth questions? Okay, so we're going to answer some of them, girl, but you didn't ask a whole lot of questions. You're kind of being nosy, but whatever, When is it time to leave a relationship? If you're asking a question, it's now, okay, if you ask that question, it's today, today's to day. Leave that thing? Okay, that thing is over? That is yes, And you're even thinking should I leave this relationship? The answers yes, yes, out of there quick fast and in a hurry. Hit yourself in another one, right yeah the end? Okay. How do you make new friends as an adult? That's a good question. Yeah, you don't but you do. We made friends as adult, I think a lot of times, like in our situation, we became we made friends through a mutual friend. I think.
Speaker 1: I think like the best way I almost think that's the best way for people to find new like partners or people to date. A mutual friend, someone who knows someone.
Speaker 2: Yes, introduces yeah, yeah, there needs to be like a connect. So I think that as an adult, it's a good way to make friends. Why buy if you have similar interest like if you're in a bike club with the bikers, if.
Speaker 1: Like football moms of the football moms and basketball moms, like you know, you can become friends because you're like, hey, let's go out, let's let's get the kids together, and you're sitting at the bar having a drink or whatever.
Speaker 2: For sure. And so I was in St. Bart's for the holidays and there was a girl there that me and Erica met and she has become our friend. She's more so with Erica because she lives in Erica. But like we have we have for the first of all, if we're both in St. Barts around the holidays, we have that in common, right, and that's something that we both like to do. We can start there. So that's a great way to make friends. So it's I think it's easier a bit to make friends as adults because it's, you know, you past the whole caddy bullshit of like your twenties or your or the high school years. But people still act like that, right, really yeah, real housewives, potomac, but they still act like that. You just have to get past it. But I think it's it's nice to have adult friends. Yeah, it definitely is, and it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Like if you have a common interest, I think it makes it easier because that's automatically something to talk about. Yeah, and then you just go from there.
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, hey ni, this is your last one that we're doing for you. Okay. Thoughts on having a grand proposal but not having a wedding so I've never seen this before. Well, these are two different bank accounts, So the proposal typically is the guy, right, So if he's doing a grand proposal, that's his money. Okay, he's doing the most right, caviar, balloons, whatever, helicopter, all the things for the wedding. It depends on how old you are. It's typically both of y'all's bank account, right, or just the bride's parents. Yes, so I mean you can literally have both because these are two different accounts here. Yeah. So I guess what she's saying that.
Speaker 1: So when you see these proposals that are filmed and they're doing all these like theatrics and stuff, so do all that, and then they don't have.
Speaker 2: A wedding, or they have like a courthouse wedding.
Speaker 1: So let's say in this instance, they just have a courthouse wedding, small wedding. Y. I guess that's what she's saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or never get married. I don't know. I don't believe in I don't believe in courthouse weddings, by the way, really, I don't. I think that. And we've been to one. Yeah, I just think it's just because we've been to one. I'm like, yeah, no, you could do better, just do better. You could do it somewhere else, even you don't want to spend any money. You can do better than the courthouse in the.
Speaker 1: Court out, that's true. Yeah, yeah, you could have a wedding in your backyard.
Speaker 2: Or this is what I didn't like. It's a timed thing.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: So you like.
Speaker 1: Bring the next person and that's not special. Yeah, and you and you feel like you're in court for Yes, you just like the fourth slot of the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's not special. Yeah, yeah, I don't like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's just say it's a wedding in the backyard with you know, your mama and your cousins.
Speaker 2: Right, But the proposal was over the top. I don't think I personally don't think anything's wrong with that. I just, you know, I think whatever float your boat. Some people might not want to have a grand wedding and have to deal with all the guests.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know they they might want to keep it intimate.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's nothing wrong with that. And the proposal. It's the proposals about the two people, yeah, and the wedding, and it'd be about the two people.
Speaker 2: And the prosal doesn't have to be grand. It doesn't have to be. But I got that questions like if it is grand, how you gonna have a grand proposal? You're gonna do all that and a whack wedding and then you're gonna like have a wedding in your backyard with five people. Listen, whatever flows your boat. Yeah, yeah, it's about you too. I don't think I don't have no problems with that. Yeah. And the words of Robin Dixon, she gonna do it her way, yeah, and not like traditional ways are out the window at this point. Yeah for sure. Yeah. So do whatever makes you happy. Yeah. And if you don't know what makes you happy, you shouldn't be getting married. Boom, I said it. Okay, So how do you organize? It's good for you. We'll end me too. How do you organize chores in your household? Or do you have a daily house cleaner? Or and I'm asking do you have you given the boys chores? Okay?
Speaker 1: So the boys the only thing they are supposed to do is to take the trash and recycling out.
Speaker 2: That's the only chore. Okay, that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they're supposed to be proactive about it, so they don't. They should not have to wait for it to be overflowing and for us to stay take the trash of the trash out.
Speaker 2: Okay. Corey is much better at that than Carter.
Speaker 1: So Corey is trash, Carter is recycling, okay. And Corey will see that the bag is filling up and he'll, you know, tie it up and put it in the garbage can outside Carter will walk past the full recycle bin seventeen times, over and over and over and over again until his father threatens him.
Speaker 2: Right, this is why we've never had this conversation before. I don't think so. And it's wild because my kids, that's the that's the only chore too. Trash. So it was Grace's responsibility until she went to college. Grace was trash girl. And then on Tuesdays the trash people come, so we have like two bends. So the Angel had to help her bring the trash cans up the up the driveway. Yeah, okay. Grace went to college and she informed everyone of the house her trash girl duties are over, and I passed them on to a door. Adoor is the worst trash girl under the sun. She sucks. Okay, why just Adore though, because Angel had already been helping with on trash Day on Tuesday trash Day, so I was like a door, I ain't doing nothing a door typically in the house, she does nothing. If I say, hey, guys, y'all need to clean up something, she oh, this is funny too. She will all of a sudden get sick or she's like, oh my god, my stomach hurts so with the door, Like she likes to go out hang out with her girlfriends. I'm like, you can't leave until your room is clean. Send me a video. She sends me videos, and she purposely doesn't doesn't show like the big pile of clothes that are on the floor, Like she has a big room. So the video like will swing from left to right and then and then it'll stop and it'll pick up again, like, girl, who do you think you're falling? So anyway, it's funny that is the door. And then but now she Graces back home for the summer, so the door is like, I'm not trash girl anymore, Grace, it's trash girl, And so they're fighting about it. There's a trash by every day.
Speaker 1: Because listen, your driveway is long, all right, but.
Speaker 2: You don't have to do that every day. Just take it outside to the trash can. Tuesday is the long driveway day because you take it up top. But like trash girl just takes the trash from the kitchen and puts it outside.
Speaker 1: Take it out, and you have to take it up top and bring it back.
Speaker 2: Then every day. Now that's just tuesdays. Trash on a normal day let's say it's a Monday or normal day. You take the trash from the kitchen, yes, and you take it outside. The trash cans are like not that far from the door. Only on Tuesday, so that has to happen every day, right, that was Grace's job. And then on Tuesday you have to walk it all the way up and Angel would help her, okay, and then who walks it back? The two of them, Angel and Grace. Okay, A door had nothing to do. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: So now why wouldn't they They could have split that up. A door could have been bringing it.
Speaker 2: Back all the thing. A door was like no, Mom said I'll have to do it. So now she is a total trash girl and she's and because Grace is home, it's a big fight every day. Yeah, I'm gonna have to put my foot down at some point. Yeah, that's that's I understand why it's a fight though. Yeah, the driveway is long, and I mean, my little we gotta take hours down the street. And they don't like my kids don't like that, but yours is like it's ridiculous, and it's like are they scared of are their animals out there? No? No, foxes, and there's there's Oh, I found a fox family. So I looked out. The back of my house is like a lot of trees and grass. The fox family was chilling in the grass. I saw like like babies. I saw two like they were playing with each other. And then I saw like a mom pop her head out. O cute. So it's actually three little ones and the mom. Okay, whole fox family. Very cute. Yeah, all right. So, last but not least, it's souls. It's souls, I guess. Is her name? Not a question, but just sending lots of love from Trinidad? Is that the accent?
Speaker 1: Trina Trinidad, someone that we know that actually the person that has been doing my lastly, she's from Trinidad.
Speaker 2: So no, no, it's Trinidad. Yeah, that's it, Trinidad. Send not a question, but just sending lots of love from Trinidad. And then she said love y'all. Pod. That's it. No, it's not that is the accent. Okay, So I want to let you know the old Man. It's on FX or Hulu. Very good. Okay, I've been watching. I've only seen one episode. I'm probably gonna get into another one. Tonight maybe tomorrow night. But it's really good. Okay. Still stuck on The Resident Okay on Netflix. Yeah, I'm liking it's really in juicy. How are you watching multiple shows at once? Because The Resident is like six seasons. I can't just do that, really, I gotta switch it up. You see, I would be all confused.
Speaker 1: I would be watching one show thinking that something from the other show happened on the show.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, wait a minute, what happened? Okay. So, and there's a new series, I mean a new season of Bridgerton on Netflix. I don't know whether you watched the first show. I've never watched. I'm a Bridgerton girl, so I'm very excited about that. Okay, and so an old man definitely checking that out. Guys, the first twenty minutes you're confused, but then it's like boom, oh really already actually tell one he would like it? How many? How many seasons? Season? I think it's two? Okay, maybe one, but so far, so good. And yeah, and then I check into The Resident. Wow, I'm like all around to all over the place show gun. Okay, did we talk about that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: It was on FX. There's a lot of subtitles, darn exactly, so if you and you know what's so crazy. I was having a conversation with Jason. My brother had told me about Shogun, So I said, did you have ever watch Shogun? He said, oh my god, I love Showgun. I said, why didn't you tell me about it? He said, because I didn't know whether you like to read. I said, you're shady, Jason, and I'm educated and I know how to read. He's like, I didn't know if you were that kind of girl. And I said that likes to read. Actually I am, so I told him he's shady. And I watched it and it was really good, except the ending was a little weird.
Speaker 1: So it's subtitles because it's in another language, or because like it's just hard to understand it.
Speaker 2: Is in another lie's it's comes it goes back and forth from English to they speak English, and I guess Mandarin. Okay, in the whole season, and yeah, I enjoyed it. Not for you, but I alljoined it because I don't know if you read either. Now you're a reader, Robin. I am not a reader, but I am capable. I'm quite capable of reading. Oh you are, yes, Okay, all right, that is our episode. Guys, We love y'all so much. Don't ever forget to read and live your life. You're reasonable or shady or both. By Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows
Speaker 2: And you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady.