Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, Hey everybody.
Speaker 3: It is Tuesday, June twenty fifth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football podcast Work It's Hot Man, Me and your man named g Marcus Grand joined by Michael f. Florio and La Kwan Jones. We're all back together. It feels like it's been a while since we've been.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kind of yeah, I've kind of been on a mini vacation I'm missing.
Speaker 2: I mean, man, you know, I mean Florida was gone. The lakwan you were. How is Tampa by the way?
Speaker 4: Was It was hot? It was hot and sticky and like it rained for like thirty minutes, Like I forgot that happens in Florida. And then you put your loud shirt on and it's stuck to your body now and it's like I did not pack appropriately. Let's just say that.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: When when my family is like, how could you don't want to come visit certainly, and I'm like, nah, I'll come in like the winter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's there's.
Speaker 3: Just someplace is in the country where like there's certain times a year you just don't want to go. I mean, my best friend lives in Arizona, and I will go out there for spring training, and like I'm like, I can visit you from like.
Speaker 2: October to March. That's it.
Speaker 3: Anything after after that then you got to come to Los Angeles to see me.
Speaker 2: Otherwise we're probably just not gonna hang out. That's all there is.
Speaker 1: It's even hot here. I mean it's hot.
Speaker 3: It's hot everywhere, but like la hot, like it's been like you know, like it's it's fine. Like where I am, it's like eighty degrees, like it's it's hotter than it has been, but it's not like hot, like.
Speaker 2: I can deal with this. It's fine. We're just some hype trainer smoke screen.
Speaker 3: We're also going to talk about some crowded wide receiver rooms and that sort of how we are approaching the especially in redrafts if you like best ball, it's a little bit different, but in redrafts, which redraft season is coming around, we can talk about how we sort of handle that. So let's dive in though. First some hype train or smoke screen found three stories that you know, seems sort of interesting, so we'll kind of get some thoughts on these.
Speaker 2: Here. First reports out of Las veg Vegas.
Speaker 3: Uh, this is per Jeremy Fowler at ESPN that h Aidan O'Connell quote probably has the slight edge over Gardner Minshew in terms of the starting quarterback job for the Raiders of Florio. Hype trainer smoke screen on Aidan O'Connell and does this make you more or less likely to want to draft a Raiders pass catcher?
Speaker 1: Less likely one thousand percent. I don't. I'm gonna say hype train. I guess I expect Gardner Minshew to win the job, but I do think this will be a camp battle. I think they're gonna give AOC every opportunity and stuff like that. But I look at his numbers. I'm looking at his game lot first. I will fully admit my brain just completely forgot that the Aidan O'Connell Raiders dropped sixty three points against the Chargers last year. Uh, that one is wild. But besides, even.
Speaker 2: In that game, I was one of Brandon Staley fired didn't last. Yes, for sure, he.
Speaker 1: Didn't throw for two fifty in that game. He had one career game with over two hundred and fifty yards. So I think this is a bad thing for Raiders pass catchers. I think that Minshew at least has a little bit more upside, even though I don't think there's much there. I'm fading Devonte Adams hard. And I know it might sound crazy, like he did show signs of decline last year. His metrics all kind of were lower than what they have been, and he had his normal volume. He had one hundred and eighty targets and he still just managed to be a low end wide receiver one. So I think you're kind of drafting him at his ceiling. The falloff might be happening, and I'd rather be a year early than a year late in fading a guy who still goes in the second round. So yeah, I'll let other people take him.
Speaker 2: I mean, lakwan for you if you are drafting a Raider, if you are still in on Devonte Adams or Jacobe Myers or whomever else, would you prefer AOC or do you want the stash at quarterback?
Speaker 4: Give me the stat man Minshew made it. I think you get a little bit more out of him and where you can stretch the field. He also gives you the ability to extend the plays because he's a sneaky rusher when the pocket closes down on him. So honestly, he might pop up and put put up like three hundred yards in a couple of games. He had three last season. And then we talk about O'Connell last season where he was this closed to getting three hundred yards. He was at two ninety nine. But you know, I think he's gonna be very limited in this offense of how it plays. I mean, you appreciate, you know, DeVante Adams coming out saying like he co signs it, you know O'Connell that he likes him, and like you kind of want to keep that chemistry between your best player in the quarterback that he kind of believes can step up. But honestly, I'm going to piggyback off that I think Minshew wins the job. Honestly, at some point, I.
Speaker 2: Think Minshew wins the job too.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think I think we all sort of had that expectation when they brought him in that they were gonna give him at least every opportunity for the starting job.
Speaker 2: Now, somehow O'Connell wows.
Speaker 3: Them in training camp, or Minshew's really really bad, then maybe things change. But I'm looking and now, mind you just keep in mind who the other Raider quarterbacks were. Last year it was you know, Jimmy Garoppolo for a handful of games. It was Brian Hoyer who got a start for one game.
Speaker 2: But last year with Aidan O'Connell, Adam's averaged about one more reception per game. He averaged about three more targets per game. Yardage was about the same.
Speaker 3: And maybe and maybe that's the issue, right And he had more targets, he had more yard he had more catches, but he averaged about the same number of yards, about the same number of touchdowns. So maybe maybe the idea is that with Minshew there's a little bit of a higher ceiling there. Yeah, I don't know, but I'm with you Floria on that. I have not so far in Bestball drafted a lot of Devonte Adams. There are just too many question marks in Las Vegas for me right now. The one thing I hold on to is that he is still the number one target there and so I think that volume sort of keeps him afloat. But where you have to draft him right now in Bestball drafts, which is probably the early second round, there are other guys that I would feel a lot better about in that situation. I just I you know, I love I love Davonta, and I think it's funny too. Lakwan You talk about him saying sort of the right things. He's been very diplomatic about his time in Vegas, considering he went there to partner up with his friend and former college quarterback Derek Carr, and then a year into it, Car gets shipped out, and now DeVante is sort of like he sort of left the drift, just kind of like floating around on his own there in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, I mean, to his credit, he said all the right things. Right.
Speaker 3: He could be out here posting cryptics social media messages, right, I mean, he could be out here, like, you know, dropping the enemy, speaks softly and carries a knife.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: He could have been doing all of that traditional right, But he has it. So I mean, I guess, you know, let's let's give him kudos for something like that. In Pittsburgh, Russell Wilson quote has clearly been the better quarterback during these Steelers off season. In fact, the Lakwani reports that Justin Fields has not looked good at all. I still think there's something left in the tank for Russell Wilson. Hype trainer smoke screen that he's one is going to be the starting quarterback, but also that maybe there's still something left.
Speaker 4: Hype train man, because if you're looking for somebody that can open up this offense, stretch the field, and this guy still has the deep ball. Russell the last three seasons Man twenty one touchdowns, only five interceptions. This is something that you put in the notion of an offense that's dying and desperately need, you know, George Pickens to be unlocked. That's his affho to be able to use him at his peak ability of being a guy that you can target downfield, justin fields, he struggled the last three seasons. When it comes to that deep ball. He's not able to stretch the field. He's cool and fun to look at, you know, when he's running out of the pocket and getting a sixty yard run, but when it comes to actual development quarterback decision making, it doesn't look good. The dude has twelve touchdowns and ten interceptions in the last three three seasons. On deep passes, Will Russell Wilson has doubled the touchdowns and less the interception. So obviously Russell Wilson being the veteran that he is. I think he still has it in the tank. It was just a bad fit in Denver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think everything in Denver was bad. I mean, the bi wide receiver room was not great. Obviously the fit was Sean Payton.
Speaker 2: Well, first, you know, Nathaniel Hackett situation was not great, and then the fit was Sean Page.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they kind of started off so super toxic.
Speaker 2: It was obviously a bad one. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Peyton came in was basically like, I don't really want you as my quarterback, and that sort of was apparent.
Speaker 2: So he just was not a good situation.
Speaker 4: You don't get your own office.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, but so I'll ask you if Floreal similar to when I asked the Kwan, I think I know the answer to this. But you know, if you are out there and you're drafting George Pickens, if you're drafting Pat Fryarmouth, do you prefer Russ to Justin Fields in those situations?
Speaker 1: I think you do, But I still personally want to see Justin fields out there. I think for fantasy purposes, Justin Fields could be top five on the Steelers team, Whereas I think Russell Wilson is a low NQB two. He elevates the pass catchers more because he's more accurate. But I think we're at the point with Russell Wilson where he's good enough to lose with because I know, the numbers kind of look pretty and it looks like he had a bounce back year last year, but he doesn't run at all anymore. He's but he still takes sacks at an extremely high rate, which is drive killers. Like he might not have the interceptions, but those sacks that he's taking are ending drives the same exact way. So Russell Wilson, I think it, and it's no surprise to me at all that he's the one that looks better in camp because on structure he is one hundred percent the better quarterback than Justin Fields. But the game isn't played on structure the whole time, so when things start to break down, I think Justin Fields is the better improviser. I think Justin Fields is the better big play threat, and I think Justin Fields fits the Steelers a little bit better in the sense that they are a team that wants to control the clock and let their defense do a lot of its damage. So I could see Justin Fields being a better fit potentially for Mike Tomlin, although I do expect Russell Wilson to get the first crack, especially early in the year when it's good weather and stuff like that. I do think Wilson will look the part a little bit better, and he's better for the pass catchers, like I said, because he's more accurate. But I'm not gonna quit Justin Fields because we know what he can be for fantasy purposes and it is so much better than Russell Wilson. And if you're the Steelers and you're sitting somewhere around five hundred and in the middle of the year, I do think you consider making a change because I think, come bad weather at the end of the year, Justin Fields is better to win with than Russell Wilson.
Speaker 2: For this, yeah, I don't even know where to go. I mean, I think for fantasy obviously, we do like Justin Fields because he's gonna run with the football and that's what we love. As you mentioned, Russ doesn't run.
Speaker 3: The deep ball has not been as effective the last few years as it has been in the past. It just you know, if the reports are true, and there's no reason to believe they aren't Fields has not looked good so far. Maybe things happen when they get to official training camp, but it has been sort of rough for him so far this summer. Last one here, the Browns reportedly planning to open the season with Jerry Judy in the slot and Amari Cooper and Cedric Tillman out wide.
Speaker 2: So Forida, I mean high trender smokes me on this trio, and what does that mean for Elijah Moore?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, Man, we're pouring one out for Elijah Moore.
Speaker 2: I'm I am.
Speaker 1: Somewhere in the middle on this one. Like, I don't think Elijah Moore is gonna completely vanish and not get his snaps anymore. I think Amari Cooper will be out there every single play, and I could see the other maybe these two are get the bulk of snaps. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see Judy at times move out wide and Elijah Moore in the slaughter Tillman get a breather and it's Elijah Moore playing in the slot something like that, or Judy getting the breather, whatever it might be. So for me and I know we're gonna touch on this this receiving room a little bit later. But it's a mari Cooper or Buss for me.
Speaker 2: I mean, where else anybody else? Do you have an interest in that room? Lakwan? Is it just a Mariy Cooper or you maybe are willing to take a shot on somebody.
Speaker 4: Uh, I guess Judy because it's not like he's expensive right now, and him going to the slot isn't anything new. He spent most of his time in the slot last season, and he showed to be a great target separator as well. And I think Deshaun Watson needs all the easy, you know, layups he can get for guys that can get open and kind of be effective. And I think you know that three point nine target rate was tied first with Jamar Chase and Rashid Rice out of the slot. So he's a very effective route runner.
Speaker 2: So he's cheap.
Speaker 4: He's in the new, maybe happier situation, I would say, because he was not connecting well with Russell Wilson and he kind of was like openly putting the blame on him. So hopefully him and Deshaul Watson you get something going. But he will be the only one I would like take the shot on being that he's not too expensive.
Speaker 2: Jerry Juda made me feel old, so I'll never draft him again.
Speaker 1: I still can't believe that, man.
Speaker 3: I I mean like when he said and told Flora and I that, you know, like doctor Dre and Snoop Dogg were like, you know, like that's you know, Jindrick Lamar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure he knows who Kendrick Lamar is now.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, it's been hard to avoid anyway. But no, I look, I've draft I'll drafted Mary Cooper, I'm in on David and Joku's still yes, those are the only.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know why, but all right.
Speaker 3: Because I think it's because people aren't sure about Deshaun Watson. I mean I think it's I think it's purely the quarterback there. And because you look at what in Joku did last year, most of that was with Joe Flacco. Yeahs you know, so I think I think everybody's just you know, out on Deshaun Watson, or at least very cautious about Deshaun Watson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's why I.
Speaker 1: Just pulled it up real quick. The last two seasons eight point eight points per game with Watson for Endjoku almost thirteen. With all other quarterbacks. He had ten ends on targets last year, most amongst tight ends. One of them came from Deshaun Watts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not to say, yeah, that's insane. I would take a break.
Speaker 3: We'll come back and speaking of the Browns, we'll talk about some crowded wide receiver rooms.
Speaker 2: That's next on the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, so obviously best Ball draft season is going on, Redraft season is about to start. In fact, I've gotten I'm sure you probably have as well, gotten some notifications in your email in box about leagues reforming, reconstitute and uh you know, maybe even getting some text messages about trying to set up dates for drafts. I'll say this, I can't think of the last time in the last few years where I did a draft, like for a redraft league. Well, I was able to just sit down at my computer and do the draft. Like it feels like every time I'm drafting it's like I'm doing something with the kid, I'm making dinner. Uh, Like you know, I don't use that as an excuse, but like, I can't tell you the last time I just sat down in front of the computer and had like an hour hour and a half uninterrupted to just do a draft.
Speaker 2: In fact, life is very different when you have kids.
Speaker 1: Apparently it is because I do that regularly.
Speaker 2: No, man, I look, I was.
Speaker 3: I was at Disneyland recently and like was doing We were in line for Dumbo and like, I have my phone out and my wife looks over. She's like, are you doing a draft right now? I'm like, it's a slow draft. It's the best I was like, never mind, that's my life now. Anyway, the whole point of that preamble was that there's a lot of wide receiver situations that have some question marks, and you know, we've gotta talked about this. In the context of best Ball and Bestball you can sort of take more chances because you don't have to worry about setting a lineup on a week two basis. But in redraft leagues you do have to make that choice, and so you're basically putting a bet on a wide receiver to be a guy that you feel confident you can put into your lineups consistently. So Flurida, I'll start with you, and when you're looking at redrafts, what is your approach to crowded wide receiver rooms. Is it as simple as I just want the guy who's cheapest or is there more to it?
Speaker 1: It always depends on the ADPs as well. I do try to look at every player from an individual standpoint, like, yes, this guy could be the cheapest, but is he the cheapest because he's just the worst, or are they all kind of closed? So I do look at a I think you always have to look at each player in an individual lens, but it often to me comes down to the ADP. Like we're gonna talk about the Texans those guys that's a situation, or the Chiefs are is another good example, like you need to pick which one of those three or four guys that you want to get because you're not gonna be able to get more than one of them, or you're not there's really not a point where you're like, I can wait two rounds to get them because they all go so jumbled up together. But if it's a situation where there's like a huge gap between a couple of them, then I think that's where cost starts to come into play. But for me, it's always do I I think that this player has the upside to potentially change my team. That's always what I'm thinking once I get out of like the fourth round or so.
Speaker 3: All right, okay, so so going through that, I got a list of teams here. Uh, you mentioned one of the chiefs. I didn't throw them in there. Maybe we'll throw them in there too, real quick.
Speaker 2: But who do you want at ADP? And has anyone gotten too expensive here?
Speaker 3: So I'll start with you Lakwan with the Browns as we talked about them just before the break.
Speaker 2: Amari Cooper, Uh, forty one point seven is his ADP right now?
Speaker 3: In my mind, you these are best ball ADPs because that's sort of all we have to go on at this point. Jerry Judy at one twenty five, Elijah Moore at two thirteen, Cedric Tillman at two fifteen and a half. I would think that's going to go up if these reports about him, you know, being uh one of the starters is accurate. But of those four guys at ADP, I think you sort of touched on it. But is anybody too expensive year or anybody that you're really targeting because of that ADP?
Speaker 4: Uh, you can give me a Mari Cooper. I mean in the last thirty days, his ADP has jumped up ten spots. I mean, everybody's catching on to the wave now, but I'm still grabbing him because he honestly, in my building strategy, how I've been approaching these best balls and how I'm going to approach these redrafts is going wide receiver heavy. He's likely my wide receiver three in most cases of like when I'm building my roster, because we know he's the alpha. He know he's going to be the target hag. He's going to be leading the team in all major categories. So his status is in stone regardless if it's Watcher or whoever else then hopefully it's one. We'll get to that later, but anyway, I just feel as though, like Cooper, he just makes your wide receiver corps looks so much stronger when he's your wide receiver three, Like it doesn't matter who you really go in those early rounds with if you get the appropriate you know, ADP guys, and I feel like, you know, he's been a top twenty wide receiver in back to back seasons, and we're talking about the Shawn Watson who has not looked good, who's played twelve games in the last two seasons, but he's paid one hundred million, almost one hundred million. But it's like Amari Cooper has always remained reliable with that, so you can go ahead and sign me up for him.
Speaker 2: I mean he's a price too high at forty one point seven Florio No.
Speaker 1: Amari Cooper has long been one of my guys and that's not changing this year. A lot like what LQ said, I think he gets overlooked and you could say he's inconsistent, but when he's your wide receiver three, and just like LQ, that's often my build where I have him and I had him in multiple leagues last year as the wide receiver three. I'm not saying you want your wide receiver three to be inconsistent, but you can live with the down weeks when the upside is forty five points, Like remember what he did in the Fantasy Playoffs, Slash I do because I sat him for step Diggs in that Fantasy Live league and cost me the championship. But he was awesome. And when you could deal with that inconsistencies when you have two other wide receivers that you feel really good about and you're taking those guys early, so you're gonna feel good about him. Five of the last six seasons he's been a top twenty wide receiver and total points and top twenty four points per game. So you're taking him around his floor, and look, I know we can all poop poo on Deshaun Watson all we want. If this guy gets and figures it out at all, there is some untapped potential there, and that only helps Amari Cooper in my opinion. So that's why I said with the Browns receivers, it's kind of Cooper or bust for me. I don't want to trust Jerry Judy with a Mari with Deshaun Watson, but Cooper is so good and so proven that I think you can.
Speaker 2: All right, So we go from Cleveland to Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Jamar Chase ADP of four point one, No surprise there, Te Higgins at thirty five point six. Jermaine Burton had won fifty one and a half. I know we all sort of liked Jermaine Burton. So I'll just ask you, Florio T Higgins, how do you feel about that? ADP at thirty five right now?
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I think all three of these guys are people that you should be targeting at costs right now because I know last year was it was kind of a lost season for T Higgins, but the year prior to that in points per game, he was wide receiver twenty. The year before that, he was wide receiver thirteen. We know that this guy can be a high end wide receiver two and give us wide receiver one weeks and I think it was Heath Cummings posted that he gave T Higgins a one percent target share increase in his projections and he went from wide receiver twenty seven to fifteen. I think it just shows how jumbled up those wide receiver two who's are And if I could get this guy as a wide receiver three, knowing that his floor, if he stays healthy, is a wide receiver two and his ceiling is borderline wide receiver one, I'm all about it. So I don't shy away from taking any of the Bengals wide receivers at costs.
Speaker 2: Could you make a case, LaQuan that Jamar Chase is undervalued at four point one. I know that's a weird thing to say. Uh No, I think it's just ray.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I think some people are a little bit hesitant because his status and performance doesn't solely depend on Joe Burrow's health. But that's kind of why he's sitting in at that four spot. But I'll take him all day long there. I honestly feels like I sleep better at night no when I have one of the lague wide receivers, like I'm good. But I also like T Higgins as well, and that ADP is juicy right there in that fourth round because he has shown to be able to coexist with Jamar Chase and still put up elite numbers. And you're also looking at last season when Joe Burrow went down, he actually averaged more Fantasy points per game with Jake Browning than Jamar Chase did, and they obviously took a huge hit in the touchdown department. But T Higgins gives you a solid floor and a reliable target.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I feel as though that he got banged up last season, let's just kind of not forget about it, but kind of put it to the side and understand he's still a solid wide receiver too.
Speaker 2: I've been visioning l oh I got.
Speaker 3: Whatever Houston sexans, which maybe has been the most confounding one of them all.
Speaker 2: I mean the quanta will start.
Speaker 3: I will keep it with you here Nico Collins in nineteen point four, it's Stefan Diggs at thirty point three, Tank doll at thirty five point six.
Speaker 2: Who are you planting your flag with him? Because this is the one I think maybe that everybody has the most debates over. I don't know what the term is, but yeah, where are you going here?
Speaker 4: It's literally weak the week with me, like last week, I love to get tanked out, and then the week before that is Nico Collins. But I'm starting to think that Stefon Diggs might be the same safer option here because regression has to kick in for Nico. And then there's obviously the risk with Tank Dell being that needs a smaller wide receiver. He's banged up last season and then off season, you know, fifty cent many men, and it's like, you know, I'm just like thinking about, like, maybe I should just go Stefon Diggs here as my wide receiver two or three or wherever I can get him, because I feel as though he will play a huge role. They went out and got him, They'll play a huge role in this Texans offensive. For the success of the c J strout. I just feel as though Nico Collins in the first twenty picks, I love him, but I don't like that. So therefore I'm just gonna pivot to the safer option if I do want a piece of this wide receiver corps.
Speaker 2: Nico Collins at nineteen feels really rich.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it feels nasty. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, can you.
Speaker 3: Make the case for him a nineteen or is it just better just pivot to one of the other guys at that point?
Speaker 1: No, I think I could make the case. I could make the case for all three of these guys if he really wanted me to. Nico Collins to me, I think he is the mix of safest floor and highest upside, because, like, if these guys bottom out and hit their floor, Nico Collins is the one that I still feel like is someone that would be useful weekly because he's a good deep threat, He's a good yak guy, He's good in the red zone. He could be used in a number of different ways. I did yesterday look and the seven games where Tank Dell and Nico Collins were healthy and playing at least half the snaps, they were separated by point one PPR points, not including rushing numbers and fumbles and stuff like that, but just catches yards, touchdowns, point one fantasy point apart. And so when I did this, my original thinking was like, Okay, maybe Tank Dell is the best value because he's the cheapest of the three of them. But then I'm like, I know, Steph Diggs is getting up there in age and he's slow, like slowed down in the second half of last year. But there was numerous times where he was opened downfield and Josh Challenge didn't connect with him. And then there was some times where he was open downfield and he let the ball go through his hands. So if he catches those long passes, We're talking about Steph Diggs being in a very different light right now. So because of that, because I'm just like Lakwan, like, to me, this is the biggest conundrum of the offseason. Every day or week I feel confident about a different one. I know part of my brain is like spread it out, take a couple of shares of each, and then the other part of me is like, just avoid it altogether. And I know that might sound crazy, because it's gonna be one of the better offenses in football, But I don't know if it's gonna be so weak to weak and we're trying to like last year was okay Man teams you play Colins zone teams you played, or vice versa zone you play Collins Man, you play Dell. But now Diggs is in the middt. It's just confusing to me. So I'm not really sure which direction I feel most confident going in.
Speaker 3: This is really, more than anything solidified my stance that this is going to be Stefan Diggs's Thanos year.
Speaker 2: I just I just think so. And at thirty, you know, right around pick thirty or so, I'm okay with taking that shot because chances are he's my wide receiver to maybe even three depending on how I've made my roster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I'm just that's that's swirling. I can't really get down with Nico Collins at nineteen. I just I think you can get similar production around or two later from the TV.
Speaker 1: The only reason I could see it for Nico is if they're all getting so much volume, a similar volume, he's him and Dell are going to be the field stretchers, so they'll make up for lack of volume whereas if Diggs isn't getting that deep ball, he'll be a safe floor guy, but I don't know if he'll have the spikes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the ultimate answer is c J shrout, ladies and gentlemen. So just draft CJ Show if you want a piece of that offense.
Speaker 2: That is the answer.
Speaker 1: Like, are you guys taking the forty nine ers guys at cost?
Speaker 4: I think I am debo, I'm ayyuk, Yeah, dibo, I'm not too sure right now.
Speaker 1: So for me and I would add Kittlin Like I for a while have avoid like I've been taking the quarterback but not the receivers, and it you know, you're leaving a ton of production on the board. But that's kind of now how I'm viewing these Texans guys like I might just let someone else deal.
Speaker 2: With the headache. Yeah, I get that. I totally understand that too. I take a break.
Speaker 3: We got a few more to dive into, diving into these crowded wide receiver rooms. Stick around for more on the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. So we are looking at wide receiver rooms that have a whole lot of options and how we are approaching them. This is more from a redraft perspective than from a best ball. We just talked about the Texans. Now we'll talk about the Packers, who I've had some people described to me the Packer wide receiver room is sort of the Texans wide receiver room, but at a cheaper cost. When you look at Jayden Reid at fifty five point three, Christian Watson seventy five point five, Romeo Dubbs at one oh four point one, Dantavian Wicks at one twenty three point three, LaQuan, which of these guys do you most.
Speaker 2: Want at ADP? And is anybody overvalued.
Speaker 4: Here at ADP? Man I love grabbing Jayden Reid. He is the what do we call it the Wisconsin deb Debo?
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: I'll take him because he's giving you the most opportunities for fantasy points on Sundays. I mean he could be a d threat. You could use him close to the line of scrimmage where he's able to create after to catch. He can also be a runner. I mean look at him as a runner. Six out of eleven rushes he had last season went over ten yards. He scored on two of them. So he's going to be giving you the best chance in each and every week to be a guy that could be utilized all over this offense. And you see the connection he has with Jordan Love and it's very positive. So give me Jayden Reid as my wide receiver three or flex.
Speaker 2: And where are you playing your flag here in Green Bay, Florio Jayden Reid?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that I was last year. He was the Packers wide receiver that I wanted most at cost, and I'm sticking with that because I believe his versatility will keep him on the field. Like I know that there's a lot of talk of like who's gonna be the odd man out of these four when they're in three wide receiver sets or even when they're in two wide receiver sets, I feel confident that it's Jaden Reid and then it's the others competing for volume there because, like Lakwama was saying, not only the dual threat capability and everything, but he really the more he got playing time down the stretch last year, showed that he can be a big target earner. From a week twelve on eight targets, then five, then ten, then eight, then eight and then four in the last game. But I remember that last game very vividly he came out of the game early because of injury and stuff like that, so he still at one hundred and twelve yards. He's just to me the safest of the group. And I know, like I've said, for best ball, I'll take a shot on Christian Watson, but for redraft, it's going to be far too inconsistent. Romeo Dobbs is what I consider one of the worst investments fantasy football, because he's good enough to keep on your roster, but you're not gonna really want to start him most weeks, and then that just takes up a spot on your bench where you could be chasing more upside. Wicks is cheap and has upside, but I'm not confident he's gonna get enough playing time. So for me, I'll take read and redraft and I'll let other people take the rest.
Speaker 3: I went through a week or two where I was like on the Dantavian Wicks train. I'm not like off of it, but you know, that was just kind of a fever dream for a few days. I am becoming more and more convinced that what we saw out of Christian Watson in that first year was more a product of Aaron Rodgers and that. Look, I don't expect Watson to just fall off a cliff and be terrible, But I think if we're asking him to replicate what he did in that first season, I don't think it's gonna be possible. I think circumstances and the quarterbacks sort of led to that. I think Jordan Love's gonna spread the ball around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we saw that last year, and I just don't know that that Watson is gonna put up those sort of numbers that we saw from him in that first season.
Speaker 1: The Chiefs.
Speaker 3: You touched on those earlier in the show, Florio, but you got Hollywood Brown at fifty one, Xavier Worthy at sixty two, or she Rice at seventy one point eight. This is an interesting one as well. I've made my feelings on her she Rice well known. I won't go over that again. But of those three, Floria, which one do you most want?
Speaker 1: These are three guys that I've backed all three of them in the past. Like I was Big Unworthy in the draft, I liked ra she Rice last year, and I loved Hollywood Brown when he came out. I'm gonna go with Hollywood Brown though, and parts of it is because I think the last two seasons, not getting to play with Kyler Murray for the full season and stuff like that has really hurt his numbers. But he is so explosive and is going to be the field stretcher in my opinion for this team. Patrick Mahomes is the best quarterback he's ever played with, even though he's played with Lamar and bits of Kyler.
Speaker 2: I just think the I think he's.
Speaker 1: Gonna especially early on at the start of the year, he's going to be getting a bunch of snaps. But I like Rashid Rice at cost because I think you're getting the discount already baked into him, Like if he stays healthy, if the suspension isn't like half the year or whatever, I feel confident he can outlive that. Seventy two ADP Xavier Worthy to me is like an upside role. But the floor is the lowest of the three. I would say so because of that, I like going Hollywood Brown, but I don't really dislike any of the three at cost.
Speaker 2: Last one here the Jaguars.
Speaker 3: Christian Kirk forty three point eight, Brian Thomas seventy one point one, Gabe Davis one thirty one point seven lakwan I.
Speaker 2: Last year, I would look at the Jaguars.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, I don't know which one I'm gonna just take Trevor Lawrence instead this year. Is there a more defined hierarchy? Is there a guy that you like more than the others in Jacksonville?
Speaker 4: I mean, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, man. We gotta go with what we know. Christian Kirk, he's the captain there. I mean, you look at Trevor Lawrence since twenty twenty one and his second most attempts to the slot, and you got to look at this guy as one of the elite separators. He is such a great route runner, he's a reliable receiver, and you look at before he got injured last season, he led the team in sixty nine point two yards yards per game. So he's obviously Trevor Lawrence's go to his safe blanket. He was second on the team in receptions behind Ingram, who also spends time in the slot. So he's one of those guys that you could just bank on, like, all right, this guy's going to get targets, this guy's going to get the yardage, and he has the ability to create out there to catch as well. So I'm not going to be trying to take any shots on a Brian Thomas junior, which is ADP right now, I'm not liking it's in that sixth round area where it's like, ugh, we don't know anything yet, you know, so just go with Christian Kirk and just go with what you know.
Speaker 2: Remember when we all laughed at the Jaguars signing Christian Kirk took a big contract.
Speaker 4: Everybody's like that.
Speaker 2: I didn't, No, I mean like I was just kind of like, I've been kind of excited when he's at it. It's worked out like I'm not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, every he worth every penny.
Speaker 2: Man he has been. He has been outstanding for the Jaguars so far of the season. So we'll see how it goes. I'll ask you, Flack, are you back in on Trevor Lawrence this year?
Speaker 1: Uh? Where he's going right now is like a low NQB two. Yeah, But I'm not like super like, he's never averaged eighteen fantasy points per game in a season. I understand the weapons are nice and he's a very sneaky runner near the goal line, but he I think he's appropriately valued.
Speaker 2: All right, I would say that I've drafted him a ton in best ball. I'm not sure if I'm gonna get to him in redraft leagues. Just just sort of curious.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: There you go. That's our our look at some crowded wide receiver rooms.
Speaker 3: Will be back with you for another show tomorrow, and plus he got the cheat sheet coming for you on Thursday.
Speaker 2: As well, so you should be sure to stay tuned for that.
Speaker 3: In the meantime that I'll do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. So happy to say even healthy, do good and live well and uh yeah, I guess we'll talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: M