Speaker 1: Oh hey, there, it's me Jack. You've caught me unwinding, enjoying a large goblet of delicious eggnog, untangling my brain, gaining five to fifteen pounds of eggnog while we unwind. Here at Daily Zeigeist, in addition to publishing our normal year end episodes and Santa's University, etc. We've decided to take the opportunity to count down the top ten episodes of the year published over the next ten days. The ten days that will be off Monday through Friday, two weeks in a row.
Speaker 2: How Jack, how.
Speaker 1: Did you guys determine the top ten episodes? They were all equally incredible. Well, we used a little something called democracy.
Speaker 2: Ever heard of it?
Speaker 1: Depending on when you listen to this episode, that might not be such a rhetorical question. But anyways, we let you vote on the most listened to episodes of the year to see what you liked best. And you're about to hear your answers. Just ten bangers right in a row. We've got a trending episode in the mix. We got a lot of good ones and at number one, well, let's just say you'll find out, especially if this is the number one episode We're putting this same bumper at the start of all ten, so we hope you enjoy it.
Speaker 2: We hope you enjoyed.
Speaker 1: Listening to this year of TDZ as much as we enjoyed making it. And we will see you all in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: We hope you have a RESTful holiday. Hey man, look at the freakin Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Hey bro, I'm hoping for a I don't give a fuck. My friends have a buddy of mine has Game six tickets that he's like going with his dad.
Speaker 1: Sorry, didn't hear that because I was too busy putting my.
Speaker 2: Dodger's hat on on my winning Dodgers hat.
Speaker 1: That was very fun. God, I love beating the Yankee. I love seeing the Yankees lose almost as much as I of seeing the Celtic cluse.
Speaker 2: It's so funny. My my friend went with I have a buddy who went with his dad because like they're just big baseball fans and like, you know, good relationships, so they get to do stuff like that, you know.
Speaker 1: But he was sending me the big baseball fans and I guess they have a good relationship or whatever.
Speaker 2: They like go do shit like go to the World Series.
Speaker 1: But there is this wi boy out to the ballpark this weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sounds cool, man, sounds great.
Speaker 1: It must be nice.
Speaker 2: But it's just so funny, like the people just the back, like looking in the background of this one shot, he's like sitting at the game. I was like, this is the most Yankees ass fan I've ever seen. Oh yeah, man, like guy I am the New Yorker as a reader.
Speaker 1: Like that guy worked in finance dabbles and you know he advised the Obama administration. And if you cheer too loudly against the Yankees, he'll tell you to act like you've been there before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Hello.
Speaker 1: The Internet, and welcome to this week trend edition of Dirty Gays. Yeah, boys stared doing that. I really strained there. Uh my name is Jack O'Brien. That over there is mister Miles GRAHOA than you, thank you?
Speaker 2: What's that man? I'm just look, I'm just a happy West Coast kid, a boy from LA watching the World Series. Who knows it could go completely the other way, but I'm loving it. People like maybe they can just win, maybe they can lose one in New York we could win a l no, no, no, I don't care, don't don't funk around like that.
Speaker 1: And we do have control. We have control over that. So it is up to us to decide this.
Speaker 2: It depends on the angle of my fitted hat.
Speaker 1: Yes, and we are wearing it at the winning angle every game exactly.
Speaker 2: If I tilt it like jay Z, then the Yankees will win. I cannot do that. I have to worry a few on the top, like crowd, like a true Angelina.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, I like it all right. Well, this is the episode where we tell you some of the things that happen over the weekend, some of the things that are trending on this Monday morning. First, we like to get to know you a little bit better. Oh, we like to get to We like you to get to know us a little bit better. Let's be honest. We don't care about you by telling you some things that we think are underrated. Some things we think are overrated. Miles, do you want to kick us off?
Speaker 2: What you want to start with? Unders? Yeah, let's do under things. The World Series I think is underrated for a very specific reason, which I think it's it's just it's bringing I think for millennials of a certain age with a hip hop love of hip hop. This feels like the most hip hop world series of all fucking Teast Coast, West Coast. Yes, this is literally this is the Yankees hat versus the La hat. And I know that there were obviously when it was the Brooklyn Dodgers, some storied that was a storied rivalry as well with the Yankees, but this one specifically feels so I'm like, so in my West Coast bag, I love it. When Ice Cube came out for Game two doing bow down West Side Connection, telling the fuck telling them to fucking bow down, I'm like, yes, yes, this is great and it's now I'm so excited about what's gonna happen in New York. Who do they have?
Speaker 1: I'm like, who's at that level of possibly rap in New York.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is, this was a conversation I was having is like, would jay Z come out? Jay Z feels like too big to come out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, jay Z's like shortlist for Super Bowl, So exact world series is probably too tiny.
Speaker 2: But Cube has stature in the history of hip hop, you know what I mean, Like gangster rap, all that stuff that branches off from Project Cube was involved, and so I'm like they have to come with like is it Eric Beer rock him or something like that?
Speaker 1: Is that old for people or just like history? Yeah, I mean baseball is for the historically minded, you know, the sport that really hasn't changed. NAS would be fun. I was listening to NAS this morning. I was actually listening to verbal Intercourse off of the Cuban links Yass feature on that Very good this morning because I am old. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Fuck, But anyways, I just love Yeah, I love if anything, just for all the people watching and what it brings out because these are two craw cities. Yeah. Yeah. The other thing I'll just say underrated the movie The Craft the nineteen ninety six can't be the girls become witches in the high school movie The Craft. Fantastic Halloween watch. I love it.
Speaker 1: I just haven't seen that since it was in movie theaters and I was spooky is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And for Uza Balk oh my god, I know, just born to play that role character acting? Yeah, what about Jack Miles?
Speaker 1: My underrated is clothes that can go in the dryer. We have We have a single banister in our house that we dry clothes on and.
Speaker 2: It feels that's.
Speaker 1: Our laundry rack. And I don't know, I just need to like add a laundry in the backyard or something metal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, if it was. Yeah, it's all wonky and ship and warped.
Speaker 1: It looks like it's a Tim Burton movie. But yeah, more and more I feel like clothes are just flat dry, hang dry to maintain the shape of your six year old sweatshirt. Like I don't need my six year old sweatshirt to like always look pristine.
Speaker 2: You want to do like a do you want to feel like a crop sweatshirt then, because that'll happen if you will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. It just feels like we have this wonderful device. We're making polyblends, Like all of the clothes that have to be line dried are polyblends. For the most part, it's like we've invented real new fabrics and made it so you can't put them in the dryer, which.
Speaker 2: For all the plastic we're putting in and on our bodies that I'm sorry the dryer. This is why I like some shirts. I just don't trust to not shrink. It's my biggest pet peeve is just shrinking some shit in the dryer. So by default I've turned into like my like Japanese family, We're just like everything. I'm just like line drying in the sun. I'm like, I can't risk it. I can't risk it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know. It's just and I feel like this is just like it's not a complaint that is cool to make, and so the extra work happens behind the scenes, so like they they have no incentive, like it's actually cooler to like have clothes that are like a delicate little flower, you know, they that you have to like treat perfectly. And I'm just my brain is so appreciative when I come across like one of my wife's T shirts and it's like this can go in the dryer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, my god, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, thank you so much. Granted this could all be fixed with just like putting up a line in our backyard. I just am lazy and get it.
Speaker 2: Like you see this little rack right here, I got behind me that people it's like you are in your closet. I'm like, no, this is half sound baffling, half my own drying rack.
Speaker 1: A Yeah, I guess I just need to buy invest. I just need to invest and then drying rack. But anyways, until I do, fuck you and your athletics that can even go all day, bro, that's right, easy dry what miles of something you think is overrated.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to put this. We over rate the lack of responsibility of white vultvoters in an election. I don't know. I don't know how to put this. The emphasis I've been saying this for the last couple of weeks, the emphasis has so much been about, oh, Hispanic men do, what will Arab voters do?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What are black men doing? I'm like, look, I know everything is about the margins, but I wish in our discourse there was more of an emphasis, like on the responsibility of American white American people to also make the quote unquote right choice or wrong choice. It's very much like, yeah, I mean like this, this is all on you guys, the fucking the Hispanic voter, the black voter, the Arab or Muslim vote. This is all on you guys. Now, what are y'all gonna do? Like That's what it feels like, and I fucking hate it. Just like with the shit that happened at the Nazi rallied at MSG and Tony Hinchcliff's joke about Puerto Ricans. There was a lot of stuff like, oh, oh here you poke the nest Puerto Rican. There's four hundred thousand Puerto Rican voters and these swings like I great, and they're like you don't look, what do you think they're gonna do?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I'm like I wish. I'm like, well, what about the people who are emually just disturbed by hearing that kind of racist shit? What We're going to fuck it up again?
Speaker 1: Oh? Over here? Yeah, yeah, we're gonna find with races, the whites are going to fuck it up. We're hey, yeah, that's implicit in all these stories, I know.
Speaker 2: And it's just so mind like just like that that feeling of like that's how white supremacies like will function in sort of the analysis of this, uh, this election is to not look at their like, you know again, just this part was wild. When they're talking about different gains that Trump and Kamala Harris have made, uh, you know, Trump's gains have been offset by because they're talking about how he increased support among Hispanic men. His gains have been offset by increased support for Harris among white women who favored Trump over Biden by twelve points in twenty twenty, but now lean but now lean Republican by three points. So their edge, Wow, there is still three percent. They still have a three percent edge. That's a really big thing to talk about and dissect. And again I'm the other stuff about, like we spoke with these blocks supporting Trump, these Trump supporting black voters. I just it, it's so exhausting and it I don't know, it's just I'm just like I'm at that point. I'm like, just shut up. Please talk about like these other massive blocks, like these massive voting blocks that have unk a huge ability to sway rather than being like, well, Porto Ricans be offended by Puerto Rican jokes, right, fuck you. Like, I'm just tired. I'm tired. And that also we need more character actors. The lack of emphasis on good character actors. Sorry, I saw for Rosa bulk and unrelated. Just to tie it up. That also we need I want more of those like really specific look character actors rather than all these like you know, leading people that are impossibly beautiful. Yeah, I want character act I want something different. I want texture.
Speaker 1: Not everybody needs a six pack and no like.
Speaker 2: No, some people need like a freaky mouth and ears, you.
Speaker 1: Know, mouth and ears, Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, Like where is our Steve Buscemi, you know, like they know they tried to claim that the two leads of challengers were like rat boys, but they're both just like really hot. They could they could easily play really hot if they wanted to. Yeah yeah yeah, no, like the like these guys are fucking freaks. Yeah, Like their symmetrical proportions are like, you know, five percent off of what you would expect from.
Speaker 2: From mathematical perfection.
Speaker 1: But that's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just where is our where are our rat teens? Rat actors? That actually they aren't. Like again, our our world is diverse. Not everyone looks like a chiseled faced rat boy.
Speaker 1: Some of us like the reds. Uh that's right, what a jam my overrated? Serious keeping with the very serious and incisive political commentary. Uh, peace stream water delivery techniques having the water that comes out of refrigerators, uh, like the ice maker thing is so much like an extremely strong peace stream is a weird decision to me, Like I don't know, well, first of all, it.
Speaker 2: Like splashes back.
Speaker 1: It's too strong, intense like we have to we have you know, matts inside urinals to deal with that stuff.
Speaker 2: One in my drinking cup.
Speaker 1: You keep a urinal cop urinal, but it would I mean, the urinal cake wouldn't know the difference if you're putting it in one of those like ice makers.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: There we had water coming out of faucets for so long.
Speaker 2: It was fine. It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Soda fountains. I love a soda fountains. Oh yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: I feel like those are.
Speaker 1: Designed to be like kind of soft yet forceful at the same time. Water fountains have this like graceful arc to them, like turn one of those upside down. That should be fine. Even like the refill water bottle things on water. Yeah, at the airport, like it out like a faucet. It's like, yeah, they're coming out like a faucet.
Speaker 2: They're great.
Speaker 1: I don't know why high end refrigerators need to piss the water into our glass so strenuously.
Speaker 2: I think it's because of the filtration process. Yeah, like they have to force it through and I'm not Look, I'm not. I'm on your side, Jocket.
Speaker 1: It sounds like your team, Pa Stream.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not. I'm team stream. Well no, just you should just PLoP out and it just blobs. Yeah, biscus blobs into my cup. But yeah, no, I I definitely agree because it is also I have like bad water pressure, like in my kitchen, so it comes out for real, it's coming out Green Mile style.
Speaker 1: It's is that an l a thing? Or is there water pressure problems all over the place?
Speaker 2: No, because I went up the street to a friend's house and their ship was.
Speaker 1: Healthy, healthy, Our kitchen is healthy. But our shower in our bedroom will just turn off me.
Speaker 2: Like shower. That's you may you may want to talk to a plumber that gang if you can, you know, also give Jack some tips. How can he just on his own maybe crank it up a little bit, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: The peace stream, No, the shower stream, the shower.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Or we've been we've been working on it. It's a it's a true mystery.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Looking.
Speaker 1: The editor also points out he hates how the fridge shivers and then side is when it's done dispensing water. That's true. It is like a real fucking They're fine.
Speaker 2: It's like again because you got Tom Hanks in the Green Mile attached to your fucking.
Speaker 1: You feel like this is a Tom Hanks in the Green Mile situation where like, whoever designed the refrigerator.
Speaker 2: I'll come and heal your refrigerator real quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lay hands on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe you'll be crying. You'll be crying. Wasn't Tom Hanks crying at one point? Because it was coming out all crazy? What's that one shot of him peeing in the field that.
Speaker 1: Is so for people who don't know, obviously Tom Hanks PA's in all his movies. And then it culminates in The Green Mile, where his character's entire character motivation is that he has trouble pe right, and then John Coffee comitials JC don't read anything into that, lays hands on his dick and ball area, and then that night he has to pee and is prepared for a very unpleasant peeing experience, and then he runs outside kneels down, and it is Tom Hanks is like most He's acting so hard. It's like close on his face as he has the first comfortable pee in his life. I guess the issue was kidney stones, like but like perpetual, permanent kidney stone and he just has this this look on his face and that's weird. I'm going to, you know, put out a fan theory about refrigerator water dispensing tactics, that there's somebody who designed that who had like similar Hanks things. You know, we can't control what's in our unconscious. It's just you know, it's there. And Tom Hanks clearly has like something urine related that you know, league of their own. He has an extremely strong peace stream for its go I gotta go pe uh. He uses p after pee as an excuse in the burbs, and I think it saves his life and road to perdition if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 2: But it all all cool. Me is this is this green mile.
Speaker 1: This is green mile. This is him kneeling down and having that.
Speaker 2: This is before that his heeled hikes that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, we're looking.
Speaker 2: At you guys. Look, November is almost your check It's all about prostate health check out, your check out, your your your plumbing.
Speaker 1: Check the state the prostate, that's what I call it. State of the Union. All right, those are some of the things that we think is overrated and under it.
Speaker 2: We're going to take a quick break.
Speaker 1: We're going to come back and tell you what happened over the weekend, we'll be right back and and we're back.
Speaker 2: We are back, We're back.
Speaker 1: And so in advance of Donald Trump had a Madison Square Garden rally over the weekend, Democrats were like, you know who else had a Madison Square Garden rally? At one point was the what back then it was called the Pro American Rally, and it was a bunch of Hitler supporters and Nazis Miles I'm not gonna lie. Heading into the event, I was like, they're really like built, like what if they don't do that?
Speaker 2: They what if the rally iss?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, Like it just felt like the Democrats were like a little bit like over leveraged on the watch this shit. It's going to be just like Hitler's Pro American rally in nineteen thirty nine. And I was just like, maybe like we let people be surprised by that, because like this is not necessarily like they they could easily like change their messaging for a mainstream like New York media audience. But the Democrats know Donald Trump and the current Republican Party better than I.
Speaker 2: Did, because.
Speaker 1: Disappoint They did not disappoint.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it was it was just too good. It was just all right there for them to be like, let's fucking do it. Let's just let him know.
Speaker 1: So, he had actually spent a lot of the week leading up to it stressing that he's not a Nazi loving fascist. On Thursday, he denied that he had ever said positive things about Hitler during his time in office, including that he needed the kind of general's Hitler had. I never said that, Trump said, in response to people questioning that I would never.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 1: There's so many Yeah, what's that book by your bedside table there?
Speaker 2: It's Maine Camp f Main Camp Camp like Chow Maine spelled the same camp, Me and Me and Camp Beth. It's a children's what's it about. It's about a kid who is in a concentric Uh, that's Mike Camp.
Speaker 1: So the message of you know, unity or I would never say that I thought Hitler did cool stuff didn't really come across In the rally itself. His childhood friend David rem opened things up by calling Kamala Harris the anti Christ and waving around a literal crucifix like he brought a prop with him, Like, fucking, I know you're serious, tearrot top. Yeah, just big crucifix holding it up. Rudy Giuliani claimed that Hamas trains toddlers to kill Americans during his unhinged speech.
Speaker 2: This guy's about to lose everything, by the way, also because of Donald Trump. Because of Donald Trump. Like he's gonna have to sell his like apartment and like sell all of his like knickknacks, including his like prized World Series rings. I think to like offset all the damages he's liable for most of Yeah, which, but that's getting that. And then comedian and quotes Tony Hinchcliff of the Kill Tony podcast, which like I've been hearing about this kill Tony podcast for a while. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like people are like, oh comedy like kill Tony.
Speaker 2: Yeah they did in Austin, dude, it's all part of that Rogan ship. Dude. It's really sick man. Yeah. Again, they're just really awful to people. Every now and then there might be a funny person.
Speaker 1: But yeah. And so the titular Tony of kill Tony took the stage and uh said things like these Latinos they love making babies too. There's no pulling out, they don't do that. They come inside, just like they did to our country. And then he referred to Puerto Rico as a floating island of garbage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is I think again really important to note that this guy is performing at what most people are like, Yeah, this is a Nazi rally, and this joke, this joke even like the people there are kind of like, uh, are.
Speaker 1: Like audible groans, Yeah, which is weird.
Speaker 2: I'll play it because I think it's important to hear that this was a thing that a guy wanted to say, and other people like, yeah, yeah, this will be good, this will be good.
Speaker 3: It is absolutely wild times, it really really is.
Speaker 2: And he looks he's looking like he's wearing his like my first communion suit.
Speaker 1: Yeah he does his suit, is he but he is wearing a suit and he is at a political rally. That's important to note because I think his response has been like, I'm the comedian. I'm just like up here riffing and doing No.
Speaker 2: You look like you're like my mom told me, I need to dress good if I'm gonna meet Donald Trump for the president. Yeah, you know, there's a lot going on.
Speaker 3: Like I don't know if you guys know this, but there's literally a floating island of garbage in the middle of the ocean right now, yeah, I think it's called Puerto Rico.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, okay, right, that's so that's not good.
Speaker 1: No, he does the does the guys, I don't normally follow the national anthem. That's like his response is like, come on, I'm just a comedian up here.
Speaker 2: He had like a real everything. It was there's black jokes. He's talking about carving up watermelon, like.
Speaker 1: Water melon in the audience, Yeah.
Speaker 2: He did. He was talking about Israel and Palestine, about rock paper scissors. He's like, Palestinians will throw rocks, He's like, and then he's a quote and also we know Jews have a hard time throwing that paper and was like making it it was so fucking hat and racist and offensive and just nonsense that it's just wild. Also to see the defenses of this shit, because it it was, it was indefensible. And then Tony Hinch, because like some people don't like comedy or whatever, he like retweeted he retweeted Rickles doing like an event for Ronald Reagan. Yeah, and he was like, oh, comed edgy comedians don't perform in political things. And it's like Rickles is like literally roasting every single person there. He's not going up there and was like, hey, what do we think about Puerto Ricans?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, like exactly, like such a misunderstanding of what comedy is and what just racist bullshit like vitriol masked as a joke is.
Speaker 2: And this was a.
Speaker 1: Room of Republicans who you know, are running on a racist platform in the name of fascism and telling a bunch of racist jokes that are like fifty years out of date. Is man so punk rock man? Truth?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Or brother you really man? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Just the punching down in a way that is I guess very comfortable for the Trump Vance ticket. And he yeah, like you said, he keeps coming out and being like this is just like one joke that they took out of context. Watched the rest of the set and like the rest of the set is it's all. And then Trump's senior advisor has come out and said like, this joke does not reflect the views of President Trump or the campaign, which is a little tough to argue when it was said by someone in a suit standing at a Trump Vance podium scheduled speaker. He did he did not storm the stage and take the microphone.
Speaker 2: This is what.
Speaker 1: I don't know if.
Speaker 2: It was, I mean that would even be like like bro loaded the teleprompter with this bullshit. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's also like, in addition to the entire his entire set at being that like they're acting like, well, the rest of our Nazi rally had a message of peace and love. It did not. Stephen Miller came up, Oh my god and stated that America is for Americans and Americans only.
Speaker 2: I know I've heard that. Oh yeah, Germany is for Germans and Germans only. Great quote from uh ad Olf high Tailaire. Yeah, I think it's how you say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a slog only for Germans. Was a German ethnocentric slogan indicating that certain establishments, transportation to other facilities were exclusively for Germans. It was used during World War Two. It was like a Nazi meme. Yeah, it's like he forgot to write a speech until the morning of the rally and just started frantically googling Nazi slogan.
Speaker 2: Energy two from teenage mutant Ninja Gerbels over here is also wild. Like again, you watched this and you're like, oh, they're their whole strategy is let's just let the mask come off. We're fucking Nazis. This is it. Here we go.
Speaker 1: The cartels are gone, the criminal migrants are gone, the.
Speaker 2: Gangs are gone. Yeah, sir, this is a Wendy's yo. What Yeah, the Frosty machine is broken. I'm sorry. The cartels gone. Okay, Jesus Christ, Okay, who else do you want to expel from?
Speaker 1: Is for Americans and Americans only one more time, America. It's for Americans and Americans only one man.
Speaker 2: And that man, ladies and gentlemen, that man took a bullet for you. He took a bullet for democracy. Yeah, a self inflicted one in the in his bunkers when the Allies were posing in on Berlin. Yeah, exactly, good job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that might have been in the back of his one, of course I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that poor dog too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's worth watching the like the actual video of his speech, because it does like he is animated in a way that it's giving I don't know, I forget where I've seen that. It's like in some black and white clip, but his whole persona and hand gestures and energy is reminding me of something m And then there was like a bunch of weird shit that made me feel like I'm in a coma right now and just like my brain is misfiring. Doctor Phil showed up to claim that Trump isn't really a bully and criticize DEI Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah it is. And I'm gonna get torn apart for saying this. Yeah, his whole thing. What did he say here?
Speaker 1: His one say, well, now, wait a minute, is it Trump a bully?
Speaker 2: And let me tell you why. The answer to that question question is no, because I'm not a real doctor or should not be listened to. So fuck everything. I say yeah, and then I think the yeah.
Speaker 1: The one that really felt like it was in a bed dream is like Hulk Hogan tried to rip his shirt off and it like took him so long and he just like couldn't get it off, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it's just wild. Here he comes out on stage with like a feather boa raving his flag. Here we go, Oh, come on, rip it? Uh oh, still can't rip it, still looking at it, Still.
Speaker 1: Still ripping. Still, he's still ripping.
Speaker 2: He's gonna have a fucking heart attack trying to.
Speaker 1: So there's like a lot of desperation in there. He's doing it with like the energy that I have when someone's like a man or flies down, you know, like you're just like frantically like oh.
Speaker 2: Ship also, and it ripped all weird, like he couldn't rip it down the collar, so I think he ripped it. At the arm Steve scene, he's like, ah, look, the Tanner's affecting me.
Speaker 1: Alina Habbah, who lost several cases for Donald Trump, took the stage to the sounds of All I Do is Win by DJ Pallid, and then when Trump spoke, it was just all the same shit, dude, same shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're fucking they can't pay for hurricanes because of migrants, they're shipping them in, they're stealing your your dreams. Just just all just the same, same, same, same shit. And he's really he's like he's definitely in his like wu tang face, because this dude regularly now is showing up like hours after his slated appearance time.
Speaker 1: He's on his Warren Hill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, easily. He's like, look, they'll wait, I haven't spoken in days. They'll wait. And then it sounded like there was some anecdotal videos of people kind of being like, all right, we saw the coherent racist speak. I don't need to hear Trump anymore. We might as well. We've got to catch we got to catch the fucking you know, we got to get back to Staten Island.
Speaker 1: He did brag about having a quote little secret about the House that wouldn't be revealed until after the election, So which chilling. Yeah, so the Hinchcliff line is definitely the one that is kind of resonating the most.
Speaker 2: Bad.
Speaker 1: Bunny endorsed Harris, as did Ricky Martin immediately after. Florida Republicans are like scrambling to distance themselves, stating this rhetoric does not reflect GOP values.
Speaker 2: So then what is it? Well, why why did it happen? What is this joke?
Speaker 1: Bomb for a reason? It's not funny and it's not true, said Rick Scott.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, it's an election, your baby. Yeah, you better not. I hope you're that's I hope you're smart enough to be like, I don't know, it's kind of like a garbage island, even though it's part of these are American citizens. Yeah, sure, sure, sure sure.
Speaker 1: Tony Hinchcliff defended his speech and was like, these people have no sense of humor. Wild that because uh, Tim Walls and AOC were like live reacting to the Nazi rally and he was critical of the jokes, which is shocking, but managed to hurt Tony Hinchcliff's feelings, like these people have no sense of humor. Wild that a vice presidential candidate would take time out of his busy schedule to analyze a joke taken out of context and make it seem racist. What I love Puerto Rico and vacation there.
Speaker 2: There everyone's ships on your fungo, bro. I don't believe you would eat that. You'd probably fucking subway or some ship. I would.
Speaker 1: I would change that to the past tense vacation there. I don't think you're gonna this time, so I don't know the last part too. I made fun of everyone.
Speaker 2: Watch the whole set. I made fun of black people, Jewish people, how Stitians. And it wasn't even like really cutting. I was just shitting on people. Then he said I'm a comedian, Tim, might be time to change your tampon.
Speaker 1: And so he says I'm a comedian and then tells a very funny joke to prove it. Yeah, yeah, good, Yeah, no, he's good and everybody who told me that kill Tony is funny should be very proud of themselves. But most comedians were like, oh, it's great to see like the worst person in comedy just being on the national stage as like a complete fucking hack, right, and like have him being a hack like possibly affect the outcome of the presidential elect And I'm sure sure this will all be forgotten three days from now, but yeah, with whatever the news thing.
Speaker 2: But yeah, good job, good job, everybody, No notes, you did a flawless job of communicating to the world that you are a bunch of aggressive racist freaks. Great.
Speaker 1: Great, Just a lot of kind of stories over the weekend that like the New Yorker dropped a profile of just Trump's relationship to billionaire donors. A lot of them claimed that they were going to abandon him, and it's it's just wild. First of all, like I didn't, like, I know that there were isolated stories at the time during his first administration where he was just like asking his friends from mar A Lago to like be like head up the VA essentially, right, like you know, just do all those wild shit and just so he just like gave important jobs to billionaires based solely on the fact that they are billionaires, and so they must be smart, because smart people he like literally says in the article, I don't want to hear from them if they haven't made a fortune.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So if they don't know how to actively exploit people in the most fantastic ways, yeah, I don't that can't take them seriously. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so you know, now a lot of people who previously a lot of the billionaires who previously have been like, well, we're not going to support this guy. He's fucking sick person and bad for the country, are now coming around. And there's a good quote that I just want to read. Sean will And, a historian at Princeton University, offered another key distinction. Trump's billionaires, many of whom have made their fortune as hedge fund managers, activist investors, and corporate raiders, tend to be highly motivated ideologues and individual operators. It's transactional, but their end of the bargain is a lot different than just having access to the President of the United States. Will It told me they see Trump as their instrument. This is an investment for them to take power, and like that really, like that's why keep bringing up the business plot, like the time.
Speaker 2: I even had to bring it up because it was relevant when you were gone last this fucking piece of history is.
Speaker 1: But yeah, when the head, like some of the richest people in the United States tried to stage a fascist overthrow of the government, like this is their chance, and like all the riches.
Speaker 2: Everyone's chance. Like when you look at the people who come out at this rally, it's not just it's billionaires who want to live in a world where they can sort of resist the tide of progress, where people would potentially be taking some of their money to better the rest of the world. Yeah, there's a world where doctor phil is there because he wants to be in a world where he's still relevant, a world where Hulk Hogan is still relevant and not seen as like a racist, fucking freak show. A world where Tony hinchcliffs shit like racist nonsense is considered quote unquote comedy. Everyone has like a stake in this some weird way, and and and by god, they've found a way to just wrap that all up into this like Nazi two point oh thing, and everyone's like oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, this is our I think this could be our shot to finally like you know, flash freeze society into this moment and I can just thrive in it forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think get it, like I don't know, like this world where it's a kleptocracy ruled over by oligarchs, you know, like the richest people are going to be so entrenched in power after this administration if Trump wins, like it just feels like, uh, I don't know, and like the brazen ways they're going to use it to enrich themselves at the expense of others, Like that the amount of power Elon Musk is going to have. He's going to have so much fucking power. He already has like weight, like disturbing amounts of power. But if Trump wins, it's it's going to be uh yeah, my mind melting.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And even like the billionaires who aren't overtly Trump supporters fully Trump supporters, such as Jeff Bezos, are doing things to prepare Okay, that's it.
Speaker 2: The last straw for me with Bezos, this was it. There's so many people who are like, Okay, that's it. Yeah, I'm done with Besis, Like, bro, this guy's fun. All these people are fucking creatures of the night. But yeah, so earlier last week we're talking about how Patrick Sun Schanng, who's the billionaire owner of the La Times, basically fucking put the kai bosh on any endorsement from the La Times for Combras. Then now I think we didn't. We weren't able to record because the news broke on the like at the beginning of the weekend that Jeff Bezos basically then also said Nope, you're not doing any I don't care if you have a quote planned endorsement, it's not happening. And then so the Washington Post, I'm just like they reported on this and in the article they're even like, yeah, he's this is a preemptive bending of the knee to Trump. Quote. Anybody who is as much a part of the American economy as Bezos is, they obviously want to have a good relationship with whoever is in power. It's an attempt to try not to be on the wrong side of Donald Trump. Yeah, yea, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think this is this is a great preview of what we're going to be seeing.
Speaker 2: Because like they don't give a fuck except their own money about their own money, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: So everybody who's in power is going to be uh doing their best to fucking appease him, like that's it's it is, really, I don't know, like.
Speaker 2: It's the other version where like I feel like maybe in the like three years ago, it's like, oh, don't get on the wrong side of the consumer. Their values are X, so we don't want to we don't want to transgress. And now they're like, bro, I don't know, man, if we're going fucking like no breaks on this thing, then yeah, I don't give a fuck about the coner because they'll have to get in line because I'm going to make the most money and make sure I'm aligned with the autocratic beings that are going to be really dictating things like the government contracts that I so desperately need for all of my for all of my businesses, like Jeff Bezos does.
Speaker 1: If you don't believe that Trump is going to be a fucking dictator, like the billionaires who have access to like way more information than the rest of us certainly seem to be acting like he's going to be a fucking dictator.
Speaker 2: Or they're just yeah, they're just looking at it and they're like, oh, just because I'm sure with Jeff Bezos, his strategy is like, well, just in case Trump wins, I want to make sure I stay stay wealthy. And if Kamon w wins, what the fuck are they going to do? Huh? Yeah, you know it's kind of like it's like, bro, I know it might look one way to you, but I'm fine either way. I'm fine either way. So I'm just gonna do this because again, twenty twenty one, Amazon was awarded ten a ten billion dollar cloud computing contract with the NSSA, and like this is parts of like other need billions of dollars of deals that they do with the Department of Defense. Also, let's not forget Blue Origin, Bezos's space exploration company. They also are vying for multiple like billion dollar grants from the federal government. So he just he can't have that money host turn off. Like you even sued the Trump administration previously for like being like I feel like we were on we were we missed out on this contract because I own the Washington Posts that had just objective coverage of Donald Trump, and I think that's not fair. So now you're doing your thing about like, well, we didn't say anything, Trump, give me the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean this is how dictatorships and authoritarianism works, and I do think like there's it's like Ezra Klein had this kind of essay last week that was about, you know the fact that Democrats are like kind of attacking Trump in all these different ways, and he thinks they should be like more coherent about the idea that like, the thing that is broken about Donald Trump is that he has no like executive control, no like editor which, which is like what makes him like entertaining to people is that he will just like suddenly talk about Arnold Palmers Dick or just like vibe out and play music. And it's also like what makes him really scary as a leader. And his point was that like the only so Democrats in their messaging have kind of left this question dangling of if he's so bad and crazy, why wasn't his first administration more of a disaster? And the answer is, first of all, it was really bad, but second of all, he was surrounded by people who were actively working against him the whole time. Like he you know, at various points he wanted to like withhold aid from California during wildfires because Gavin Newsom was mean to him. He wanted the military to start shooting George Floyd protesters in the legs. Right, since then we found out that like there were people actively working against him to undermine him, and like we know that and Trump knows it, which is why we have like Project twenty twenty five and why that project is like so scary.
Speaker 2: But like if they're going after what made the first one go semi smoothly for societal issuhit?
Speaker 1: Yes, So this time is different because this time, you know, the people he's preparing to put in his government would be trying to execute on his vision and we're just going to get all gas, no break Trump brain, which is going to be like truly disastrous, but.
Speaker 2: Also not just him because at this point they're fully like sort of like with Bush too, there's a whole group of people who are like, manbro, we can work this motherfucker to get what we want done like this because Trump doesn't have a policy brain. He just wants to be out of trouble. And then just like how you know, the Heritage Foundation was able to be like Harry, why don't you try this stuff? He's like yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, I don't care. He's like, just make make the money come in from foreign sources. Great. I love that. Yeah. That's what also makes it very scary because now you have other people be like, how do we get what we want out of Trump being in office, because it's not like Trump has the fucking brain for anything except to sit in a chair and fart to the village people. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also from the Heritage Foundation project.
Speaker 2: Esther was Esther.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Esther, Yeah, I was announced back early October. But I feel like, again, this might be one that the Democrats should be kind of digging in a little bit more on. But they're basically saying anybody who voices support for Palestinium rights where is critical of Israeli like military Zionism, will be defined as anti Semitic and treated as a terrorist.
Speaker 2: Essentially right and deporting people. It's like, or if you're one of these part of one of these organizations that's advocating for this, and you are foreign born, we will deport you. If you're an educator, you will be fired and blacklisted. This is like everything they're like, if you're not if you're not from here, will deport you. If you're from here, will make your life impossible to live.
Speaker 1: And the terms like social network analysis are used in the document to describe surveillance, infiltration, and disruption of social justice movement. So they will be waging war on people, you know, trying. Yeah, it will be very similar to the Red Scare, but just with regards to.
Speaker 2: Oh so you'll be labeled anti Semitics. So are what are what what of the consequences for like hate groups like neo Nazis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does not mention Neo Nazis or the klu Klux. They're not identified as positive.
Speaker 2: About anti Semitism. Wait, sorry, I weld just use that as like cover to just sort of lock up dissenters.
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's the sort of question that an anti Semitic terrorist might ask.
Speaker 2: So I'm no, I'm just saying these guys follow us no fanto snaph it's and they're like, sir, you have no Infinity Gauntlet. Yeah, I don't know, this is just it's I mean, look, we've got a week left. The polls are irrelevant because everything is basically within the margin of error, and in most cases, like we've said before, uh, just heavily favoring Republicans just to be like you can't, we cannot get caught out again being like nude, They're they're the Democrats. You're gonna win this one. It's like very much neck and neck all the time, although many people who I think are like, you know, looking at the crosstabs of poles, are like, these are being weighted very interestingly. And also there's a lot of partisan polling out there that's shifting the weighted average.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I've been talking about edder Mentum, who's like making the argument that like Republicans are being kind of given some extra weight in polling, and he thinks like Kamala might be more ahead than people think based on the polling, and like his theory is basically just that everybody from you know, the poll aggregators who are including these partisan polls to even like the New York Times, and like, I guess he says the New York Times has in twenty twenty two was generally truthful, but a lot of the you know, mainstream media seems to be obsessed with one thing, and that is avoiding any overestimation of Democrats at all costs. And so which makes sense because it does seem like the fact that twenty sixteen, twenty twenty, there were these polling mistakes that overrated Democrats. They're like, all right, so we just need to assume that that's going to happen again. He doesn't think that's going to happen again.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's hard to say, but one point he's making is that there will be consequences to it if, well, sure, the Republicans are being overrated in the polls, like we already know that Trump will declare himself the winner of the election no matter what. And in twenty twenty, they were fully willing to like use trivia about In his article, he says they were fully willing to use trivia about Bellweather Counties and the predictive power of Ohio to back up their claims that Trump won. This time, they would be guaranteed to have an extensive list of polsters showing Trump winning. So I don't know, I get the prisoner's dilemma of them being like, well, we just can't show that Harris is like a favorite, because if we're wrong again for a third time, we're so fucked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well then so what you know, maybe this fuck it? Like, yeah, maybe maybe you should be Yeah, yeah. Sorry. If you're not good at your job and you're too afraid of what the outcome is going to be, whether or not you can do it, you're in the wrong business or the industry itself needs major rethinking. And how we you know, all this prognostication works.
Speaker 1: Seems like it does, Miles, it does seem like it does.
Speaker 2: It's big money, though, I'm telling you, man, it's fucking big money, cause it's it's like one of those things that's how you justify like your political spending, Like you do a thing like you go to a donor and be like, we need this much money to get you know, this bill through or an x amount of votes or voters motive mobilized for this election, and then like you're like, see, look I got this. I went to a polster, very renowned. I paid them an exorbitant amount of money, and they're telling I got them to tell me the thing I need to tell you so I can continue to make money and then I can continue to give them money to do polls for me. It's all very yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break, we'll come back, We'll talk about some bullshit, and we're back We're back, and we got so we got Dwayne Wade statue reveal, we got Timothy shallow May lookalike contests.
Speaker 2: That got weird and out of hand, dude. So it was funny. When I was in New York, I saw that ship all through like Lower Manhattan on like all the like I was, I was gonna take a picture and send it to the group chat because I was like, this ship is if like the most New York ship to me, they'd be like Timothy shallow May lookalike contest Washington Square Park, and I was like this, I love I love New York. I love that this is glittered everywhere. And it was a real thing.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so it kind of went viral already even before it started because of the aforementioned flyers that you saw. It was organized by that YouTuber who was also behind a quote cheeseball binging stunt.
Speaker 2: What this year? See this is where I'm old man. I didn't know about this, you know, I was New York's cheeseball man one point seven million cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he wears a yellow mask and eats a bunch of cheese doodle cheese ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, cheeseball man. I think, let's see how just where is like the boomer fucking potato salad man. They just wanted to watch people eat. He's just he ate a tub of cheeseballs. Whatever.
Speaker 1: Man, Look look, these are branding circuses, don't for I am into the cheese ball Yeah yeah, cheeseball muk bang Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, this is same guy, same guy. He knows how to get the city of New York.
Speaker 1: You know his work from the cheeseball guy. Does he have an IMDb page? He should has anybody started making like the YouTuber IMDb.
Speaker 2: There are some there are some people I feel like put their own ship on IMDb.
Speaker 1: I've noticed that, and they are heroes for doing that.
Speaker 2: It is movies. Anyways.
Speaker 1: This is event we got single Timothy Shallomey doppelgangers participating in a makeshift dating game. One guy was arrested and led away in handcuffs by the NYPD. We're not we're not sure the conduct conduct.
Speaker 2: Added Timothy Timothy Chala may look like contest that he got emmed up like that, but it couldn't have been good. Couldn't have been good.
Speaker 1: The host of the event got fined five hundred dollars, and the winner was a twenty one year old student dressed as Wonka Shallame, who was presented with a giant novelty check for fifty dollars, which they said they would spend on candy.
Speaker 2: That's a nice costume that is he did?
Speaker 1: He didn't, really, it's not.
Speaker 2: I guess it's not a cheap hobby trying to look like Timothy Shallamy like that.
Speaker 1: No, man, that's trust me. It's fucking killing me.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's all that stuff hanging on the wall behind you? It's nothing? It's nothing.
Speaker 1: And that I am talking about my chalame where when I talk about needing things to be drier, because like you know, I'm doing costume changes all day and I need these things to be washed and cleaned and dried quickly. And then one of the attendees who's wearing a mask, pulled off his mask and revealed himself to be the real Timothy Shalloman.
Speaker 2: Ah, yeah, what exciting times we live.
Speaker 1: He should have You should have competed, like that's the whole point of like going to your own lookalike contest.
Speaker 2: You compete. Well, the second he did, people just lost it. You know what, I mean, like, there's no way that would just be so funny. He goes and just a body the Timothy Shallow may contest. Right. If I was competing, I'm like, bro, this is stupid. Man Like, fuck you, Timothy. I'm out here trying to make my own identity based off yours and you're coming in here with your scruffy shaved head or short hair. And I'm I paid so much money for these plugs to look like you, Timothy. Can you imagine I just get a wild hair plugs. I'm like, I'm there too. They're like, sir, that hair is a questionable providence.
Speaker 1: Miles looks so good in a wig. We we we got to break out the wig for one of these video episodes.
Speaker 2: I need I need a shallow may Wig. Someone, Yeah, send me a link to a shallow may Wig because I need that.
Speaker 1: Someone who couldn't win a lookalike contest? Uh is Dwayne Wade if he was trying to look like the statue that the Miami Heat just revealed.
Speaker 2: A bad, bad statue. What a sad, sad moment for Dwyanne Wade, Dwyane. I still every time every time I type it, I have to say.
Speaker 1: It Dwyanne Twyne get in order to d w why.
Speaker 2: Why why does this motherfucker look like this? Didn't he say who's that guy? Don't know if you caught that during the speech he was like he was even like at the fucking unveiling for his own statue? Is him?
Speaker 1: Like that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that. Who is that guy?
Speaker 1: I think, like because he was involved in the design of the statue apparently, So this is just one of those situations where like, none of us look, none of us know what we look like. You know, we all have like distorted pictures of ourselves. Not all, but maybe like, uh, I feel like I have this where I'm like, you know, get get majorly focused on one thing or another, you know, and would would unveil a statue of me.
Speaker 2: That looks looks absolutely that guy? Who who is that guy? No, seriously, who is that? I mean it's not great for concerning how look I mean, the statues outside staples look pretty good. I gotta say, like they like I was.
Speaker 1: Like, where did they find these sculptors? This? Yeah, sculpting team did the Kobe, they did, Yeah, they did the Kobe and the Jordan. I think oh wow, or at least a Kobe and Jordan's so.
Speaker 2: What there they must be So they must be Lakers fans or something, right, like yeah, yeah, we'll hook you up, Dwyane. Yeah yeah, check this out. I mean, I said he looked like fucking Morpheus in the Matrix when he's getting interrogated and he's all hooked up all that those mistakes and shit, and he's like, I'm like, that's that's what this looks like to me. Other people have said it looks like when Dorian put on the mask in the mask.
Speaker 1: All period does his head is like all big and weird, like he looked he looks like an action figure that someone put in a microwave, you know, if it was made out of something that like puffs up when it's in the microwave.
Speaker 2: Paul Pierce texted Tony Allen a picture of the statue and he's like, yoh, is this you?
Speaker 1: It does kind of it looked more like Tony Allen, So yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, like credit to Dwayne. I mean, he had a fantastic career. I hope he likes it. That's wa matters. Yeah, it's just a little odd. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Does it look anything like him?
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dayne Wade one of the most handsome men ever play basketball. I feel like, and they just went is it.
Speaker 2: Because they're trying to put the beard in So it's adding a bit of thickness to his jawline and that's maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like beard era, he did have like kind of a bit of a puffy beard, and so this just makes it look like he's has a jaw implant or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like you got addle eyes too, like where you know, they just really missed on so many levels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, look, Dwayne, you got a statue I don't. So that's all that matters. And it's it's wonderful. You're a good guy. So I think people it looks like people are going mostly easy on I think they're going harder on the statue makers than they are being like Dwayne Wade.
Speaker 1: But oh yeah, for sure, I don't I in no way blame Dwayne Wade.
Speaker 2: Yeah it also I had no way blamed I.
Speaker 1: And this is and I my name is Jack O'Brien.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, it's Howard Bezos move. You're making it right now. And I don't blame Dwayne Wade, thank you. I would not I will not endorse any kind of critique of his statue.
Speaker 1: Or have also heard the gym teacher from Beavis and butthead. If you're familiar with that, whoa, it kind of looks.
Speaker 2: Like that who had the buzz cut? Yeah yeah, but yeah, yeah yeah coach. Wasn't he called coach buzz cut? I think yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: He was always asking asking them to kick him in the jimmy. Yeah, it's It also captures him in a moment of celebration, so he's like screaming. But because of the material that it's made out of, Brian the editor points out, he just looks like he's Han Solo trapping carbonite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like if Han Solo was black. Yeah, it's got the same like kind of arms sort of raised things.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and scream of anguish on face, even though it's supposed to be scream of celebration in ecstasy. All right, Well, I think that's I think that's enough.
Speaker 2: I think yeah, I think that'll do.
Speaker 1: We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show.
Speaker 2: That'll do. What did what did you say? That'll do? Donkey, That'll do donkey.
Speaker 1: Famous Shrek line that'll do donkey, that don God damn, that movie would have been so much better if the farmer was Shrek. Bak you donkey, thank you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, please? Hey you want I plly right here, Just swap out babe for Shrek and babe for Donkey. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, we know what we're saying. It's early. We're back with all episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about what supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye bye