Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becka Tilly and Tanya rad and iHeartRadio and two time People's Choice Award winning podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, We are scrubbing.
Speaker 1: In Happy Monday, July twenty seventh for everybody listening. Shot out of a Cannon today.
Speaker 2: She is in a timestamp mood. Yes, she's focused on time stamps today.
Speaker 3: So I'm focused on improving our podcast with time stamps.
Speaker 1: With time stamps, I think it's gonna help, you know, one, one little improvement at a time.
Speaker 2: Not full video episodes, but timestamps.
Speaker 3: Well, don't get me started out. Don't get me started on that.
Speaker 1: I've been fighting that good fight for years and I have to pick and choose my battles. This is something I feel like I can take on my own and it's just a small sliver of improvement.
Speaker 2: That I think you love.
Speaker 3: Is a consumer of podcast?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So you're shot out of the canon. What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Shot out of a cannon means like I'm full four let's go bring it on type of thing.
Speaker 3: Oh, I have to bleep that, John.
Speaker 2: What prompted that energy?
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you Becca.
Speaker 1: So actually I got a lot of really sweet dms from last week's podcast that I want to say thank you to our listeners because it is really really sweet that people care that much and it means a lot to me. I don't want to cry, so I'm not going to cry.
Speaker 2: Also, I want to say that so many people resonate and relate, whether they're on the journey right now or have you experience the journey.
Speaker 1: So and a lot of people were dming me like why do you not talk about your fertility journey on the podcast? And I there's several reasons, the main one being that we decided BECA and I. You and I decided years ago that we wanted the podcast to be a place of joy, levity, light. We didn't want to bring seriousness into it.
Speaker 2: Remember this, Yeah, but not so much about our personal lives. I don't think that. I don't feel aligned on that. Oh really, yeah, I don't really feel aligned on that that part of it.
Speaker 3: Because here's the thing.
Speaker 1: If I come in here every week and I'm sitting here and I cry every week because I'm actually sharing what I'm going through.
Speaker 3: It's so sad.
Speaker 1: It's like sad, I'm crying every week. It's not a like light place. It's not a happy place, but it's triggering for people that it.
Speaker 2: Can be triggering for people, and we can when we talk about it, put you know, a trigger warning. But I also think it's your life and what you're going through, like it's the biggest thing in your life right now.
Speaker 3: Really Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also two tiered tiered step two huh is coming to work gives me like an escape. It's like the only time in my day where I'm like not constantly thinking about it. Okay, So it's like that that three. I feel like it's triggering for people because it's all I see. It's like my whole algorith them like I'm it's just it's so consuming. So it's like again, this is a podcast where we go for like levity and lighthearted and like fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the final thing is I'm just up to my ears with advice, like I can't have any more in my ear, you know. I'm coming home every day with like a different coworker that saying, have you tried musin X. It helps like your mucus and your vagina thicken or whatever, you know. And then I'm coming home and telling Robbie I want to try musinx and he's like babe, like.
Speaker 2: You do really ingest advice as opposed to thank you. But I'm I'm good, I'm on my own journey with this.
Speaker 1: I yes, I ingest, and I also too don't want to like people are always ask me questions and I'm like, I don't not a doctor, So the last thing that I want to do is like share what I'm doing, because I'm just throwing spaghetti at the wall at this point, just seeing what sticks, no pun intended.
Speaker 2: I think that you're I don't really think you have to ex blame yourself on why you don't want to talk about it, but I do think it's totally up to you how much you want to talk about my whole thing. Well, I do want this podcast to be a safe place, but this I mean a happy place and like light. But I also like we are living life and going through things, and we've always shared, Like even through your dating experience, you shared when you were down. You know, there's been times where we've shared things that aren't exactly happy, go lucky, and that's okay. So I never want you to feel that you don't have space to talk about it on here because of like me.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, and not you at all, but I do we specifically. I remember vividly having these conversations with you years ago about planemic, and.
Speaker 2: It was like it was about the state of the world, which can be very heavy, yes.
Speaker 1: But we were very much like aligned in the sense of like, we don't want heaviness, we don't want any of that. We just want this to be like joy, light, lighthearted.
Speaker 2: But I don't think it was relating to I don't think I took on that agreement with it being about lives.
Speaker 1: I honestly never experienced anything like this in my life, so this is the first time for.
Speaker 2: Me, I know. But I'm just saying, share as much or as little as you want. And there's gonna be people who are triggered by it because it's traumatizing, or they're going through it and they don't want to see anymore. Or there's gonna be people who are like, it's so nice to hear someone talking about it and going through this because it makes me feel like I'm not alone. And you're always gonna have different versions of what people are going through and how they resonate with things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I'm I don't even call it, I call it fertility. Journey.
Speaker 1: I'm not people like infertility. I'm like, I don't I'm not infertile, yo, Like my levels are high.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let's get that straight.
Speaker 2: What do we call this lack of control journey?
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, like let go let god journey.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was like I've seen so my algorithm is so much like the fertility journey for a type a person is such a struggle because you're so used to just like, Okay, you put in the work and you get your outcome, you know what I mean. Like this is just so not that, like it's.
Speaker 2: A crazy not lesson, but it's a good practice of letting go of control because I don't like to do that. I'm saying, a good practice for someone who doesn't like to do that. You know, I don't like to do speak.
Speaker 1: Practice is not making perfect. Let me tell you I've been practicing. It's not working.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is. It's just it's on its own timeline, and you don't like something not being on your timeline. Which we knew that about. Even Robbie proposing that was a whole thing too. Oh, you didn't have control over when he was going to.
Speaker 1: Propose that man, and he made you practice well, Tortoise the turtle over there. I think back on that, I'm like, she really took his time with all due respect in a timely manner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as someone who got engaged seven years after the fact, I felt like he did a perfect time timelife.
Speaker 3: If I were engaged to you, we'd have some talks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, y'all do have talks because we went and had a little small day.
Speaker 1: So oh wait, hold on, I meant to get to somewhere about this fertility conversation. Why I'm out of cannon, No, no, we can go back to that. But why I'm shot out of the cannon is because I got my period and I decided that I'm taking a month off of just all the everything everything in my head, and I've like refocused into just like work.
Speaker 2: And live and laughing and love and live.
Speaker 1: And laughing and loving, and so I do I feel a little bit lighter. And so I'm like trying to rail and rejigger the podcast. I want to like make the podcast better. I want to like keep working out and like kind of get my physical shape back into you know, lots to take on in one month. But anyways, that's why I find this middle ground.
Speaker 2: Maybe we don't go from wanting stream to the next and we just like merge the two together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we'll see. But anyways, I'm feeling good.
Speaker 2: I'm glad to hear you got your period.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was feeling what I would describe as menstrel ludial energy. Yes, well, we went to so many moms. I feel like every year we go to the SPA for Tony's birthday. But she feels like it's only happened twice before. But anyways, I feel like it's.
Speaker 3: Three times out of the last I went to my for my birthday last year.
Speaker 2: I think that's what I was. Anyways, we love a spa day tradition. Yeah, And so we were at the SPA and I'm like, we're just having a great relaxing time and then Tanya goes, I just miss you. Mind you. I deal with this with my beautiful, wonderful fiance as well. When we're in the same room and have been together NonStop, and I'm like, oh, well, I'm I'm here, I'm right here, and she was like, I just you know, I feel like we haven't had quality time and we're drifted. Our friendship has drifted apart, and I'm like, I have not felt this at all, So I'm so sorry I haven't picked up on this. But next time, just communicate with me so we can just re establish things. Because I'm feeling fine. I'm feeling good. Nothing's changed in my heart.
Speaker 1: And I was reassuring to hear as someone who feels their friend is drifting away, I feel nothing.
Speaker 3: I feel fine.
Speaker 2: No, I just have secure attachment with you.
Speaker 3: Ah. Yes, it must be nice, so.
Speaker 2: I said, Unfortunately, whether you try to push me away or not, I'm not going anywhere. We had to re establish things. So I didn't know we were drifting, but we're back.
Speaker 1: So it was a combination of things. Because I've been on one.
Speaker 2: I'm upset. I didn't tell her about the Taylor Swish wedding, so okay, yes, however, that's why she felt like we were drifting.
Speaker 1: No, it was before. It was weak before that. But what I did not take into consideration was a lot of your emotional mental energy was going to with your going to your fiance for the movie release, and so you were a little bit distant, but but rightfully so, you had a lot going on, which I wasn't really thinking about I wasn't that wasn't in the forefront in my mind. I'm like, she's just not available to me, and like she hates me. And now she's not telling me about Taylor and Travis's wedding, and now she did not hear for my birthday and she hates me.
Speaker 2: I asked about like go go, and then it's brought back up in the conversation of a strip.
Speaker 1: So anyways, anyways, a lot of progesterone in my system combode with that, combode with Haley's movie coming out.
Speaker 3: I was just feeling a lot of things and I.
Speaker 2: Need I need to get away. I think I think I need a break, just someone people just giving to me, filling me up.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm here, I'm here to do that now, right, Yeah, yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 2: I'll be seeking that out.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah. But I want to miss you. I mean, I feel the same way about Robbie what.
Speaker 2: You've shared on your story. Yeah. And then he actually initiated the conversation.
Speaker 3: He said I miss you, which he never does.
Speaker 1: So I was like, you've trained him well, and I was like so taken aback by it.
Speaker 3: I was like, you finally understand the feeling. Oh yeah, because I'm like it's.
Speaker 1: We Yes, I see you every day, so it's like, how can I miss you? But like the quality time's not there because we've been constantly We worked during the day, so we're not together during the day, and then we've had a social event every single night, and then we were in San Diego, so it was like we just had and then the week before we had the kids, so.
Speaker 3: There was just no quality time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I messaged telling you on her story and I was like, I just am so happy I'll found each other.
Speaker 3: Same, same, yeah, And I think about that a lot.
Speaker 1: Whenever I get like sad about the fertility stuff, I'm like, at least I have a partner in life at is as amazing as he is, right truly, Yeah, carries me through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tgfr Stable. Thank God for Robbie. Yeah yeah, yeah. We were always looking for your study.
Speaker 3: Eddie, and I found him, I know, thank God.
Speaker 2: So you want to say to you this weekend?
Speaker 3: Yeah, would you do this weekend?
Speaker 2: Well? So Haley was out of town, so Friday night I was just like a lone ranger and I ordered every meal to my home. I only talked to Haley on the phone. That's the only person I actually spoke out loud to other than Phoebe, which I realized I talked to her a lot.
Speaker 3: I talked to her when it's just us in the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then I realized, I'm essentially talking to myself, but I do it a lot. Like I was really thinking about how often I'm like saying my little ritual things to her, you know her in the world.
Speaker 3: You always talk to me.
Speaker 2: No, but I didn't. Sorry, I didn't want to talk. I was like happy to be silent, you know. But anyways, I was Carson and Alley came over with their son, their one year old son, and I was telling them. I was like, yeah, Friday, I only talked to Haley, like, that's the only time I spoke out loud. And I just sat in silence. And he was like, and you just ordered every meal to your door. And I was like yeah. And he's like, wow, that's a dream. He's like, you don't get that when you have when you have a child.
Speaker 3: That's honestly not my dream.
Speaker 2: I know it's not. It's not everyone's dream, yeah, but I know it's yours.
Speaker 3: I'm happy for you.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I had a great time. I got olive garden delivered and what else, Well, I had ice cream and then also snacks late at night, and then I had hi that's not neither here nor there.
Speaker 3: Yeah that does matter, It really doesn't, it really does.
Speaker 2: I don't think I was high that night, oh yeah, yeah, okay, but anyways, I would do that on a sober night as well. Yeah. So I was just vibing by myself. And then Saturday I had a day with children. I Alian Carson came over and swam, and then that night I went to the park Huntington Gardens with Hailey's sister and then.
Speaker 3: Oh it's the Huntington Gardens. Is it pretty?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Everybody tells me that it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: And they talked aren't allowed, no, Yeah, but they had a swing band played. They do like summer concert so it's like people all bring their like picnics and stuff. So I went with Haley's sister and then her two kids, niece and nephew, and it was really fun, so hot, just so hot, but I was doing cartwheels and round offs because there was an open field and I just felt youthful. My whole body is in pain. Yeah, like every muscle.
Speaker 3: It creeps up on you and you do stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But it felt so easy doing it, Like I was like, it's like riding a bike.
Speaker 1: I just whenever I play in the pool with the kids. The next day, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Aha, my shoulders maybe into some stretch glasses or something.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you it's coming back. I'm doing it this month. This is the month for me to get it back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is this like the exit of tender Tanya? What's happening? Wonderful?
Speaker 3: That extreme? I still love, Like I'm still gonna like sleep and kitten heels. Yeah, and we're not like going to the clue or anything like that.
Speaker 2: But but like if we went and had dinner, would you get a drink? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I had a drink on Friday too. Actually, how was it amazing? Except you know what I realized, Well, I'll tell you when we come back.
Speaker 2: Wow, we're back.
Speaker 3: We're back. Do you know what I realized? But I don't like drinking.
Speaker 2: The tease of a century. But you just said it was amazing.
Speaker 1: It was in the moment.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I just had this conversation with Ali.
Speaker 3: Oh really Yeah, So Okay.
Speaker 1: So my we had like a really fun dinner and my inlaws. My in laws wanted to take me out for my birthday. What I also realized when you don't have like a activity for your birthday, like you don't have like a dinner or anything like that, you want a lot of little activities with with a lot of people my birthday celebrate you, yes, which is so nice. So I'm like, I feel like I've been celebrating my I'm going to lunch tomorrow for my birthday. I'm like I've been celebrating my birthday for two weeks now.
Speaker 2: Fun so loved. Oh what is the the my house is? What is the saying where people complain about things?
Speaker 3: About complaining? I love it so nice, Like you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: When people come like, yeah, some mistake's to buttery, the lobsters to lobstery. No, not a lobstery anyways.
Speaker 3: I understand, but it is nice.
Speaker 1: So I went to my in laws took me to dinner and it was a really fun dinner. It's like this restaurant that I love. And I had a glass of wine.
Speaker 2: Okay, then I.
Speaker 3: Basically finished pauline A's glass of wine.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Then my mother in law was like flirting with not flirting with, like trying to talk to this job at the table, charming to like set Pauline up, and so they sent over champagne. Wow, So I had what is that one and a half plus champagne? So two and a half drinks by the time I got home that night at a headache.
Speaker 2: Champagne destroys me.
Speaker 1: I literally had I was like, how am I hungover before the next day? Like this, this is some.
Speaker 2: Crazy I even drink in like a year, right.
Speaker 1: I'll have like a little bit like when I get my period, I'll have, you know, a little something to take the edge off. But it's not more than like a half a glass of wine. I'm not you know, throwing anything back really right, So yeah, it's been a minute. But like the fact that I had a headache at ten pm on a Friday or whatever, it was like nine pm.
Speaker 2: I will rarely drink champagne because I immediately feel like I will nap and have a headache.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's horrible. So it's like the drinking was fun in the moment.
Speaker 1: I had so much fun, but then I'm like, I have a headache now, and I'm trying to go to bed and this is gonna mess up my sleep.
Speaker 2: This happened when we were in Cabo, and I don't know if it's just everything's better quality and stronger if they just do heavier pores. But we would get a drink at the pool and we were like, we need to go nap.
Speaker 3: Well, also because of the heat.
Speaker 2: It was very hot in here. Yeah, but normally you're sweating it out, so you almost sometimes you feel like you're actually not like, I.
Speaker 3: Know, are you kid?
Speaker 2: Say it's your wedding, but yeah, yes, And when.
Speaker 1: We were Palm Springs and you were like throwing up during our Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 2: However, that was different because I was in the pool drinking, so I wasn't even feeling.
Speaker 1: How No, So the heat dehydrates you and then alcohol dehydrates you.
Speaker 3: It's like a double whammy.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, anyways, the whole time we were like, gosh, we are such lightweights. We immediately need a nap after we go to like drink. And then Ali texted me and said she hasn't basically drink in a year, and she said she had a margarita and she was like, I feel drunk from one margerity, yeah, even why do we do this?
Speaker 1: And I was like, well, it's so it's when you're at a social it's so fun.
Speaker 2: There's nothing better than just like that first fiel or first drink, feeling nothing better.
Speaker 3: Nothing better. I was flying high at dinner.
Speaker 2: And then you wake up and you're like, was it that fun?
Speaker 3: That's fine. I took some motrin and I was able to sleep, So it was fun. It was that fun. So yeah, I don't know, maybe I'll have like a drink.
Speaker 2: With you, but well, how lucky would I be? How lucky could I be?
Speaker 3: Do you know what else?
Speaker 1: I realize that that I'm so awkward. I always talk about Zoom.
Speaker 3: And stuff like that. How much I hate Zoom.
Speaker 1: I really hate Zoom because I just don't think I'm my best self on Zoom. I had this like meeting with this person from the Food Network. It was just like a get to know them type thing, and I'm like, I'm so awkward.
Speaker 2: You probably weren't awkward I am, but what I don't even I can't even picture you being awkward. I know I don't have that vibe at all.
Speaker 1: I don't think so either, But I left it like not feeling confident and I don't like that. And I'm like, it's the zoom. It's these screens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the damn phone because I don't know, I can't be one hundred percent myself through the zoom.
Speaker 2: Well, now you should just request in person meetings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll come to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll come wherever you are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whatever city you live in, I'm there.
Speaker 2: You should just say before we if you have to do a zoom, you should say, can we start with an icebreaker and just play the Guess Who game?
Speaker 3: Really quick? An excellent idea. It might take a while.
Speaker 2: Tell them to allow fifteen minutes you know start time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, could work. Also, I might take an AI camp this summer.
Speaker 2: An AI camp?
Speaker 3: What is that where I learned about AI?
Speaker 2: Where like the Apple Store or they do like free things for older people?
Speaker 3: No, at a college campus, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm like, it's weird because AI is so complicated my feelings towards it, because it's happening, whether I want to support it or not, you know, like it's it's it's inevitable.
Speaker 3: In twenty years, AI is probably gonna be doing your surgeries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you won't even say twenty years then, I mean, I don't know. It's going fast.
Speaker 3: It's going fast.
Speaker 2: Anyways. It's kind of like get on the boat or get left behind exactly, And it's hard to know where like the moral part of me stand, like my morality around it, you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: But it's also like it is one of those things where you go, Okay, our parents didn't want to learn things about technology, and if you didn't choose to learn and move forward, you know, I don't know, complicated, But anyways, where are you taking it? Are you going to code? What are you going to do?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I'm not one hundred percent sure this is the place for me. I'm just like doing some initial investigating.
Speaker 2: Huh what are you trying to do with AI?
Speaker 3: Just like learn about it?
Speaker 2: But like what are you wanting to learn? Which you want?
Speaker 1: What I can?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Like CHATCHYBT is like my Google, my like Google search, but beyond that, like what can it do for me?
Speaker 3: How can I help me with?
Speaker 2: You say, to figure that out? You're going to pay for a class?
Speaker 3: Can I just help you? Know?
Speaker 1: I need like I need initial base and care. Yeah, hands on definitely get not through a screen, not with an AI.
Speaker 3: I don't need AI.
Speaker 1: Teaching me about AI. That could be a disaster. Okay, I feel like Robbie could.
Speaker 2: He seems quite knowledgeable in his he's very knowledgeable. Yes, maybe he can give you some tips and then if you need further you could take a class.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: What else are you learning about?
Speaker 3: I need something? Is over?
Speaker 2: Okay? Tanya sent me up. She was like, oh Hannah Berner got bowtok and her drawings. You can't smile. And then Sam said, the article is from June Thirtieth's like a month since Donya has missed about this happening breaking news here in grubbing in Hannah Burner.
Speaker 1: First of all, Okay, so it's not about the breaking news, because nobody comes here to get breaking news. This is not the podcast for breaking news. However, it is our interpretation or our perspective on that news that I think is of interest.
Speaker 2: What's what's your perspective?
Speaker 3: Well, so I don't follow Hannah Burner.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you're missing out.
Speaker 1: I don't follow Hannah Burner, nor do I follow the Giggly squad fill and no I never watched Summer House.
Speaker 3: I don't know who these people are.
Speaker 2: There are two women in podcasts.
Speaker 3: Well, they came late in the game.
Speaker 2: They took off though, that's why surpassed us quickly.
Speaker 1: That's neither here nor there. Okay, they're not in my orbit. So this popped up in my like discover page and I now follow the Giggly Squad because I really enjoy this clip that I saw. But it was of Hannah.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: She was like laughing and her face wasn't moving, and so I was very intrigued of like what she got done.
Speaker 3: But I thought it was also really cool that.
Speaker 1: She didn't like go to get it like fixed or whatever, or like cancel the podcast and yeah you can get it like dissolved.
Speaker 2: No not you can't get filler dissolved, not like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can go into a sauna and like heat it out, because like the sauna.
Speaker 2: You can get stuff done, but it's not in it. I think she's probably doing all the time, assuming she's probably doing everything she can.
Speaker 1: They could have paused their podcast for a beat, like you know what I mean? If she I just like that she's owning it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, a podcast isn't typically audio.
Speaker 3: So I saw THEIRS, I was like a clip.
Speaker 2: You know they have they have the video option, But she could have just said The impressive part is that she didn't say, we're only releasing audio. Yeah, for however long this takes. She's giving the people the gift of going through this with her because one of the funniest things, like when someone goes to the dentist and gets a shot and they can't smile, but hers is permanent until it goes.
Speaker 3: Away for like a three months.
Speaker 2: So basically she had I think she got it for her TMJ.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I've also had TMJ botalks and my face did not do that.
Speaker 2: The girl that does my bowtox Brianna. She was saying that sometimes if you go to someone who specializes in the TMJ aspect and not the cosmetic part, they just put as much as they need it. They just are focused on making your TMJ pain go away, as opposed to thinking about the cosmetic repercussions. And I don't know, I.
Speaker 1: Always have to think about the cosmetic repercussions.
Speaker 2: Spoiler alert botox. I'm just like throwing caution to the wind. Really, I mean, I trust her, she knows where to put it. But like I've had times where I've gone to someone in my eyebrow was like up higher than the other. But that you can fix because you can do different muscles, you know. But I think with the jaw you can't.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 2: I think it just has to run its course. But it is hilarious and Page, oh my god, the video is hilarious. If you had that, I would not be able to control my laughter.
Speaker 3: Would be able.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what I would do if I had that. It would stress me out. It would stress me out. Yeah, it would send me into a spiral.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I love her. I love She's so funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, new fans. Shout out to Hannah and Page. You got a new fan and me and they've.
Speaker 2: Really got something going on. Girls. Welcome to the.
Speaker 1: Podcast Onto something over there at Giggly Squad.
Speaker 2: Okay, so speaking of last wait, No, I want to talk about. Did you go to Arizona State? Is that where you went? No? The other one? You went to the other one, the party School?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I did you went to the party School? Yes? What was that one called University of Arizona.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's tough. Why there's so many there's two Okay, well I had a fifty fifty I missed a so Arizona state. I'm assuming your rival, yes, rival has launched is launching a degree on becoming an influencer.
Speaker 3: Yes, I saw this.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 1: I think it's a terrible idea. Really, Yes, why Because here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I think that.
Speaker 1: A lot of a lot of kids these days, the kids these days, that's like their go to. If you ask all these kids what they want to be, they say they want to be TikTok stars and influencers. Giving them a course where they think that that's something that like they all. I don't know, I just find it to be problematic for our future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's fair. But I also think it's a specific personality of someone who, once they get into the world of making videos and editing videos and doing it, decid I, oh, do I have the is this what I want?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Do I have the personality for this? Do I have the like desire the consistency? Because the thing about it's such a luck It's such a lucky thing. And I think there is a way that you can use tools and metrics to grow a platform like I do think you could just start from the bottom and use like information you have to build. But I think it's I would say luck that your a video goes viral, And then I think it's being someone that's interesting. Like I think about Alex Earl and she was just consistent in like making videos of her getting ready for her parties in college and people loved that. She was so like she was such a party girl and owned it, like she was just who she was and she was taking us along with her. And instead of staying stagnant and that being even though she still like shows her getting ready to go out and party and stuff, she's elevated herself into this business woman and has done so much more and that it's not a lack of hard work. Is it a fun job? Is it like a dream job? Sure? But like is she working her ass off? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't think that this is Like I think there's space for everybody and anybody that wants to be an influencer. I think can be I think where my where I feel like, And I think people do this in real life where they like go to build their social media whilst they also are doing something else that's like paying the bills, right, and then if they catch them, if they are able to get brand deals, if they're able to make a living out of it, then they.
Speaker 3: Let go of that job.
Speaker 1: But I feel like just like going straight into it taking a course and like graduating with an honor or an honor and influencing or whatever.
Speaker 3: I just I was just a class.
Speaker 2: Wait, I agree, it is a degree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's concerning to me for just for that purposes, because I feel like it's something that you should do in tandem with alongside something else. And I just feel like when your frontal lobe is not developed, you're not gonna see that.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. They're already online. Every the kids are already online. They're already being to do it. So if they have a chance to use their brain and have a marketing mindset to where even if it wasn't them being an influencer working with brands and knowing how marketing strategy works, I don't think it's a negative thing. If they're already going to be online, why not make money.
Speaker 3: Because they can learn all this on AI? Why are you taking a class?
Speaker 2: I hate when it goes back around like that.
Speaker 3: Damn, damn, I hate that for me.
Speaker 2: Anyways, it's it's interesting and it might be one of those things where it was like that was a bust, you know, we don't need to do that again, or it might create more people good at marketing and strategy.
Speaker 3: Good job as U.
Speaker 1: Speaking of social media, you know, it's so freaking funny and that, like.
Speaker 3: I I.
Speaker 1: Get what's the word tricked so much on social media? So there's this girl that I follow. I don't follow her. Sorry, I don't follow her. She came up in my you know whatever, my discovery phage.
Speaker 3: And it was like.
Speaker 1: I lived this amazing life and like click or like comment below comment class for me to send you what.
Speaker 2: Was her name? The lazy Millionaire?
Speaker 1: No to send me, I'll send you my five day crash course on like whatever.
Speaker 3: This is right, So what do I do? Comment below class? Okay?
Speaker 1: So she DMS me and she goes and it's all automated. I can tell it's not her, right, it's like all it's just like it's a message and it goes. In order for me to send you the class, you have to follow me, okay, So I go over to her page click follow. Meanwhile, Robbie's right next to me during this whole thing. I'm like, babe, this girl's gonna get this class and like learn all this stuff. And then she goes click the link and like answer these questions. And Robbie was like, babe, this is some sort.
Speaker 2: Of pyramid scheme. Yes, em mel, yes, and everybody's doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but why Okay, So I was gonna fall for it.
Speaker 1: But then so she kept sending me the link and I wasn't clicking the link, and then she like sent me another automated thing like make sure you click the link you to get my course, And I was like, I don't want your course anymore. You said that, no, but I just ignored it because then Robbie told me, this's like some scheme. But then I'm like, obviously a lot of people are falling for it. What's the scheme? How am I getting schemed?
Speaker 2: Not schem? I don't think it's that. I think it's just like your it's probably like you buy my course. So that's how she makes money.
Speaker 3: Oh so I would have to buy it. You probably she was gonna send it to me for free.
Speaker 2: I don't think nothing's for free. But girl, shoot, yeah, it's a it's a thing. It's like a business plan. Basically, it's almost like how to build it's basically becoming an influencer degree.
Speaker 3: So this is what they would teach you at ASU. Literally it's a step.
Speaker 2: By step probably generated from AI, of like how should I teach people to grow their platform?
Speaker 3: Wow, she got me this girl.
Speaker 2: It's very I mean, listen, it's business minded, it's marketing. I followed this girl and she sent me a what I think is of generated voice memo and it was like, oh my gosh, I can't believe you followed me. That's how it started to us, like oh, like she knows me from watching The Bachelor or something. No, just like anonymate basically that same thing, which is genius because the text is the text is deceiving, but a.
Speaker 1: Voice note, Yeah, that's what do you want from a girl? By the way, my dad okay, so you know my dad's a retired psychiatrist. Yes, So everything is like this like analysis of whatever.
Speaker 3: And when I was.
Speaker 1: There this weekend, Robin were having a conversation with him about somebody, somebody in our life that wants to become an influencer. And my dad's just like trying so hard to like understand the life of it and like, so he was like, I can't remember we brought your name up and my dad was like trying to understand that.
Speaker 3: So why why do people follow beca? Like what is it about Becca that people say?
Speaker 2: Hard to say?
Speaker 1: But like we're trying to like differentiate, and like he just wasn't getting it.
Speaker 3: And I was like, that's exactly why.
Speaker 2: Because I think when you have someone who has a niche platform and you're like, oh, they follow me for this, it's easier to explain to somebody.
Speaker 1: But my dad knows you. So it's really the example that I can give because if I gave him somebody else, he would not know who they are, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I had to give him like well, you.
Speaker 2: Could just be like, oh, this is so and so she's known for her cooking videos and her recipes like brock your body, and so everyone follows her to get recipes that are like dupes from their favorite restaurants. I'm a tough It's a tough soun for someone who doesn't understand what was really tough prob.
Speaker 3: Me and I were really trying and then I'm just like, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, that's the thing about me? I got so mine literally was luck like I was on the Bachelor at the right time, influencing, merged with that at the right time, and it just.
Speaker 3: I but you're likable, you're funny.
Speaker 2: I've been able to maintain it. I've been able to maintain like having that career and lifestyle. But I'm saying how it happened. I didn't grow it from nothing, right, And that's so hard. I think people don't realize if everyone could do it, everyone would do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so true. If everybody could do it, everybody would do it.
Speaker 2: I'm speaking of social media. I want to what, what are you going to talk about?
Speaker 3: Well, you look sad, so what are you going to I want to talk about this breakup?
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, let's do it when we come back.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're back, We're back.
Speaker 1: So it's not breaking news because it's happened not that long ago, a few days ago. But Landria and Nick from Love Island USA Season seven announced they're split.
Speaker 3: And I told you this. Oh wait, they were the runners up on season seven? Who won Season seven?
Speaker 2: Amaya Papaya.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, that's right, that's right, that's right. Yeah, so they were runners up. I didn't believe this relationship from the beginning. I thought it was not real from the beginning. This breakup did not shock me.
Speaker 3: I was waiting for it.
Speaker 1: However, I would like to say props to Landria and Nick for keeping the charade going for a year, because nothing irks me more as a Love Island fan than these couples that break up like two weeks after they leave the villa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so even if it was a charade.
Speaker 1: And they were just playing us, I applaud it.
Speaker 2: Okay, claps for Nick and Orlandria.
Speaker 1: Yes, honestly because remember last well you don't watch the UK, but Sammy and uh what does nuts the guy who won with her last season, they broke up literally like weeks after leaving the villa and they won. They won the season, so did Amya Pathaya and Brian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they were like not even real.
Speaker 2: Oh but Samy and they were like legit.
Speaker 1: They were dating like half of the season. They were together. They were like such a strong couple. So anyways, I never believe that they were a couple, but I'm happy that they gave they they put in the work.
Speaker 2: They said, we can do one year of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we're friends. That's the thing. They were friends. I think it was just like a friendship.
Speaker 2: I didn't follow their relationships so closely, so I only saw photos of them if it got picked up where people were posting clips of them somewhere, but it was always at events. I never just saw like shots of them like at home, like menapasta, not domesticated. Never images. Yeah, but again I didn't follow it super closely. But I liked that they were like we're ending and Bryce and Trinity are beginning. That's why I thought that model the model guy, the model boyfriend with the stunning DJ.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So I did see that Melanie and Sincere were spotted out together recently in LA, which I thought they had I just assume maybe they broke up to but they were hanging out. Yeah, Haley is watching, like and when I say watching, she's skimming through Love Island UK this season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't skim through. It's so good a.
Speaker 2: Boring, Like, I mean, it's so many conversations, and.
Speaker 1: I know, I actually think about all the time the editors of that show and like how many boring conversations they have to watch to get like these little clips to put into an hour episode every single day.
Speaker 2: No, they're really the MVPs.
Speaker 3: Yeah that do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Ian him having the voiceovers.
Speaker 3: I watched one of his, Like, I changed.
Speaker 2: My tune on Ian because I used to be like so I found him. It was the reason why I wouldn't watch the show. I found him so irritating, and I've changed. I laugh out loud.
Speaker 3: I think he's so funny. Sometimes his jokes don't hit, but like you can't get a hundred, you know, oh, night after night, Yeah, you can't bat a hundred. But the ones that hit are very good.
Speaker 2: But Haley's like, where's the host of this show? Why is there no host? Because Ariana comes in for every coupling and everything.
Speaker 1: So I had the same thoughts. Apparently she was shooting Trader's UK or.
Speaker 2: Something like she's all contestant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like they're doing like a celebrity version and she's she was like shooting, So that's why she was like gone, booked, yeah, booked and busy Maya Jama. But she's back, she comes back. She's been back the past couple of weeks, but it's almost over. I have like not very many episodes. Well yeah, and I'm so sad.
Speaker 2: So she got through about six episodes last night just skimming through.
Speaker 3: She can't scam.
Speaker 2: She's pretty easy to skim. Me figure things out pretty quick when you're not watching it, like one episode at a time.
Speaker 1: It's I know, I know, but I will say that, like this season of Love Island UK has been top tier entertainment for me personally.
Speaker 2: I told her you said that, so her expectations are high.
Speaker 3: It should be okay.
Speaker 2: I wanted to talk since we're talking about dating. Do you consider liking an Instagram post is cheating?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Really, I mean no, but kinda, but like, I don't think it's innocent.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's nice.
Speaker 1: If there's like a thirst trap the squirrel has like her boobs out and her butt out, and Robbie was to like it, I'd be like, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Right? So it's totally on the basis of how much skin is exposed, yes, yeah, but otherwise it's fine.
Speaker 3: Mm depends on the girl.
Speaker 2: Wow, all those gut do you have a mic? Can we turn you on super disrespectful no matter no matter what it is. Well, back to your point, if it's like boobs but out, totally that's out of the question like that is just you have an intention and it's not good.
Speaker 3: Why you don't think it's cheating.
Speaker 2: That that I I don't know that. I would say it's cheating, but I think.
Speaker 1: She's super extreme extreme word, but I would conversation.
Speaker 2: But what so you? But you said it's not always if it's the skin skin.
Speaker 5: I have a boyfriend of year, okay, and I see him like girls that I don't know. If it's girlfriends that I know, yeah, I'll be like, Okay, I get it, like we both know her. But if it's a girl that I don't know, I'm not crazy about it.
Speaker 2: That's so true though, because why is he liking a girl that you don't know?
Speaker 3: What do you ever see?
Speaker 2: No things you don't know, No like other chefs and stuff.
Speaker 1: Robie would never he's near of a silent. He's very engaged our watcher. Yeah, he's very engaged with our friends, and he'll engage with like all of our friend's content. But outside of that, he's not like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think if I saw like a really like a hot girl and I didn't know her, and I saw Haley like she liked it, I'd be like, who is she?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm not. I'm not that chill. I used to be chill, and I'm not that chill.
Speaker 3: So weird to me, but that you're not chill like that what.
Speaker 2: It used to be chill? Is it? I really wasn't that chill with Robert either, Like really, Yeah, he'd go on trips with all these like bikini models and stuff and if I didn't want to, but he was an agent, so like he was. And honestly, I never once doubted that anything or I never thought anything was happening. But it was just like this guy that I'm dating is around all these hot models, right staying in the same like house or wherever they are, you know. Yeah, So I grew some thick skin through that, and then it got weaker and we got weakened again when I met Haley.
Speaker 3: Is Hailey like Rando's on Instagram? No, no, no.
Speaker 2: She loves she Last night was watching this family who lives in like the forest and eats fruit off the tree. So that's kind of her. Her algorithm makes me feel very safe with very safe. Yeah, and I'm mostly just like watching like pranks or people. Okay, we had this conversation the other day, but I if someone is okay, like, I know they're okay, went after the fact. I think it's so funny when people post videos of someone falling, like if they're walking on ice or something like with that Love Island challenge where they were having to run on that slip bring Matt, I was almost crying laughing. I think it's so funny when it's again when they're not injured. Haley, I'll show her a video that I think is so funny and she's like, oh, like, I don't like that. I know you're the same way.
Speaker 3: I don't really like that either.
Speaker 2: So we were with her friends yesterday and we were celebrating her friend Monica's birthday, and I was I brought this up, and all her friends are like, oh my god, I die laughing at videos of people following, and I was like, oh, this makes me feel so much better. Because both Tanya and Haley don't like pranks and they don't like when people fall or get hurt. I don't like when people get hurt, but I love like a compilation of people slipping on ice or something.
Speaker 1: Speaking of this is so right, just because you said yesterday and I remember what I did yesterday pottery?
Speaker 3: No, have you seen the movie The Invite?
Speaker 2: No? But I'm curious about it.
Speaker 1: It is so freaking funny, so freaking funny funny. It is so freak funny. Okay, you need to see it, and we need to discuss it. It's like really just gonna fall flat if I just like sit here talk about it.
Speaker 2: And I don't want spoilers, so.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not gonna you spoilers. But there's it's it's also very like real, you know what I mean. Like there's like so much realness about like relationships and marriage and like just being with somebody for a long time, and there's something about that that's so sad to me. Like I'm like, I don't want to see people in like a sad, horrible marriage, do you know what I mean? Yeah, Like there's something so I'm like, I have mixed feelings on it because like I haven't laughed that hard in a movie theater in a long time. Like it is so funny and they're comedic timing. Like to me, to have that type of banter with Seth Rogan and Olivia Wilde, to have that dynamic is very hard, and I feel like they did it so perfectly, like literally laughing out loud, but also with this like undertone of just yes.
Speaker 3: And I don't think I like that.
Speaker 2: Seem like you do?
Speaker 3: I love yah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. It's really it's like it's a tough pickle that I'm in because I did find it so hilarious, but also just like so sad and like I get in the car and I internalize everything, and Robi's like, Babe, this has nothing to do with us.
Speaker 3: And I know.
Speaker 1: I'm like God, and I go, I know, but we're married and I don't ever want to become that, and He's like, we're not going to and I'm like, but I don't think they thought that they would become that, you know, Like I internalize.
Speaker 2: Oh, you like to make an effort in our marriage, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's I.
Speaker 2: Think the key is if you get comfortable and let it that happen, it happens.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: But like with this couple in the movie, it just like happened so slowly and then over time it just you're strangers.
Speaker 2: Thank you for ending the podcast on such a high note. Sorry, guys, No, it's okay. I mean I'm gonna I want to go see it. Oh, I was gonna say I did pottery yesterday like a seram. Yeah, I'm so bad at it, Like I'm just not watching the girl, the girl that was like our teacher do it and everything she did it was perfect, and then I'd be like, Okay, I've tried to do it and just tough. But I kind of I've been thinking about it this morning because at first I was like, I don't think I need to do it again, because I would, And that's my mentality on everything. If I'm not immediately good at something, I'm just like, oh, I don't think I want to do it again.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, what are you going to do? Make pottery for like your house?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like what if I made plates for us? Like how gorgeous if I got good at it and gifts, the gifts I could make.
Speaker 3: For Ooh the gifts I'd love to get that gift.
Speaker 2: Well, I won't give you one. How on that, I'll get you your toat socks and your dish gloves and be on my merry way making beautiful pottery for others. Robbie, I'll make him beautiful plates that he can plate his beautiful food on. Yeah, anyways, So I was like, I need to change my mentality on if I had a good time doing so something even though I wasn't good at it, If I can practice and get good at it, what's the worst that can happen?
Speaker 3: I agree, I think practice makes perfect.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna on a positive note, yes, practice everything, Practice letting go of control, practice working on your marriage and relationship. Practice things you're not immediately good at. And I'm gonna leave you all with that. But we will be back on Thursday for a Dear Bonia episode where we might play another game where I beat Tanya. I don't know hard hard to say.
Speaker 1: I've been reading the Facebook. We'll get into it on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, We'll be back on Thursday. And we love you so much, love you, Bye bye.