Speaker 1: The volume UFC three fourteen is headed the South Beach. It won't be all blitz and glamorur, but stars will be out. Don't miss any of the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, the official sports betting partner of the UFC. It promised to be another banger Knights of fights, especially the featherweight main event between two evenly matched fighters first time. Just picking something simple like a fighter to win and make your picks that simple.
Speaker 2: And if you're new to Draft Kings, listen up.
Speaker 1: New customers bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly step into the octagon with Draft King sports Book. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook out now and use code money Moves that's cold money moves for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only with Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is.
Speaker 3: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine in Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven.
Speaker 4: Or visit CCPG dot org.
Speaker 3: Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill casino when resorting. Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dkg dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: All right, listen up, taxpayer is time for what you all really tuned in to. Listen to me for financial advice tax season. Boost Mobile wants to turn your tax refund into six months of saving. When you buy six months on their best unlimited plans, boosts will give you another six months for free. That's like six times two divided by one charity, A really good deal. They told me oct you to be a taxi cab ounta, Well would you trust me with your money? Well that's great news because I'm not done yet. Visit boost mobile store doing tax season and enter to win up to ten thousand dollars to double your refund, or if you're really good at math and money stuff like me, pay off what you still owe. Okay, time to take my financial envivor hat off and put on my lawyer hat. Requires upfront payment, tax and fees. Extra terms and exclusion apply. Visit boostmobile dot com for full offer terms and sweet details.
Speaker 2: And now I get back to my boring old day job.
Speaker 1: Head over to your nearest boost mobile store and make the most out of your tax refund. Pat, what do you think about guys staying in college longer because of the NIL Do you think that helps?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I all like that.
Speaker 2: That's that's semipro.
Speaker 4: That's semi pro. That's all that does.
Speaker 5: Like, if you actually think about it and break it down, that's semi pro.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: And it's crazy because three years ago everybody crying about, yeah, get an athletes and get a college eperceman. They need to get paid. I'm all with anyone doing anything you love you can get paid to do it.
Speaker 2: Do it.
Speaker 5: I'm with it until it hurts the game. When I watch all of the play it felt like it felt like and.
Speaker 4: They end up losing.
Speaker 5: But in the beginning of the game, it felt like grown man going against teenage right right, and like, and I was a kid that had to go through college eighteen nineteen year old. We all know who Steph Curry was in my class. We already know Kevin Durant, he all these guys in my class. You want to ol sis class. You took your class series, right, you feel me? How am I still.
Speaker 2: In college cooking and you in the NBA cooking and we're in the same class, right, how y'all older?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: See yeah, and you're telling me like and you want you and people wonder like, Man, it wasn't a lot of buzzer beaters, yeah, because it's grown in playing now. Ain't a lot of one shining moments. No more member in college basketball? You know how many three, two, one somebody some have. Man, it's man, it's semi pro, semi pro man, and it's gonna hurt the NBA.
Speaker 2: That's what it's gonna dot on this one.
Speaker 1: Being a Chicago native, give me your top five players to come out of Chicago.
Speaker 4: Man, gotta go d Rolls.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's one. Gotta go d Rolls. That's that's off the top. Gotta go d rolls. I'm I'm I'm kind of different. So I'm gonna go, Hey, listen, I know a lot of these people, your friends so well, I call Chicago might be kind of different than what people call Chica. A lot of people might they from Chicago. Uncle, I ain't never seen the motherfucker walk down the street. You feel me? So my Chicago very different than a lot of people in Chicago. So I'm gonna start. I'm gonna start with d Rose, right, I'm gonna start with I'm gonna start with Isaiah Thomas.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's two. It was a guy back in the day. I don't know if y'all know.
Speaker 2: His name was Benji Wilson with Benji Civilian.
Speaker 5: He's the one who starts a lot and he don't get enough credit. I'm putting him in there, Okay, right now, it gets it gets kind of it gets kind of funny. Right, it gets kind of funny because you can go Michael Finley, right, you can go Quentin Richardson and Toine Walker, you can go right now, but I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go will by them.
Speaker 4: Wow, what he did in high school was electric.
Speaker 5: I've never seen anybody he's probably the best high school player that ever came out of Chicago. Wow, because he had like, yeah, he went the crane. Yeah, I'm talking about I was a kid running up to the school. I'm running up to school hoping to get in the game, right, hoping to get in the game. And then I gotta go. I gotta go. I gotta give it to him. I gotta, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta. I gotta give it to I gotta give it to It's tough because I can go. I can go Anthony Davis, I can go d Wade, I can go, you know, but I'm talking about the Chicago Chicago. So I go, I go Anthony Davis. I go Anthony Davis.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: But my Chicago different though, That's all you feel me Like the other people that say they're from Chicago, it's it's a forty five minute, thirty thirty three minute drive.
Speaker 1: You gotta be from the outside of the West Side to be Chicago. That's all I'm saying. That's all all I all want to step on.
Speaker 5: Nobody told because there's a lot of people that say they came out of Chicago, but from the West Side Chicago only person that I kind of know that once in the NBA is me.
Speaker 4: From Chicago, right right, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 5: That's all, guys, so so, but if you want to go other Chicago, I'm gonna go d Wade, I'm gonna go h I'm gonna go, Anthony Davis. I'm gonna go d Rose. I'm gonna go Isaiah Thomas. I'm gonna go uh, Antoine Walker. I'm gonna go those guys. Yeah, Pat Bill, thank you for us.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, make sure you go follow Pat Bay Up and subscribe to his podcast to Pat Bell and Roan on YouTube. Make sure you go follow Pat bell Is on Twitter, which is X what's your having on Twitter? Uh?
Speaker 2: Oh no, you know same thing. Pat Bell twenty one.
Speaker 5: Subscribe to the Bob Pod Pat Bell Pod with Bart Wish.
Speaker 4: I am twenty one Pat Bell twenty one.
Speaker 1: Real easy, guys, make sure you go follow his podcast Pat Bell with Rome on YouTube. Pat thanks for joining us, man. We got to get you back to Jordan's Man for the playoffs. Come back in Jordan's broke.
Speaker 5: And now I ain't gonna lie. I gotta I gotta give me some of that some of that drink and I ain't.
Speaker 4: I ain't the one that big. I'm the one that I'm the one to buy my own.
Speaker 1: I almost I must send your case. Let me buy my own first. Let me buy my own first. Okay, Yeah, let me spend some money. I'm a spend it on Corona. Let me spend it with you. Okay, that's what's up. I promise you. I promise you. This is the best. Kanye is the best.
Speaker 2: B s O. P. Kanyak.
Speaker 1: You go to Drake, I promise you love that, love that. Thanks us, man, last, appreciate your game. Appreciate your brother, all right, Jack.
Speaker 2: Give it up a bail man.
Speaker 4: Hey, I enjoyed that. Man. That was very very informative, man, very informats it. You know it's for me, for me, unk, And you know, you've been around basketball for a very long time. You understand the game the intricacies of it, much much better than I do. But hear those that have played the NBA for a long time and hear him break the game down and just talk about the game with such But that's that's that's that's a joy. It's a joy just to sit back and and when watch and when watch pass face light up when he talks about certain topics and certain topics and certain things that that's dope. Man, I really enjoyed.
Speaker 1: That was unbelievable. All right, let's transition get to some football. Kyler Burray says he wants to run the football more next season. Let's take a listen to what Kyler had to say. Oh, Joe, Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: Like the people out there that are like Tyler doesn't want to run or he won certain like how do you just spell that? Because I I just look at it just part of the offense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I actually, you know, conversations, and I don't want to get too scheme based about it, but like I do feel like I have to run more next year. You know, I'm opening to I'm open to running more next year just because it's such a it's such a weapon. You know, it's such a weapon. It's you know, defenses. It's like when I hand the ball off. Obviously I hand the ball to James, so it's not like I hand the ball off to Tray. I hand you know, we're a very good rushing team, which is a great thing. But when Lamar hands the ball off, everybody's like, like, you know, you tell it you can relax. You know, Josh hands the ball off all you know what I mean. So I think for us part of an emphasis going into the next season is conceptually on time. I feel like I'm one of the best in the league.
Speaker 2: I like that too.
Speaker 1: I remember, I like there was some coach that played that said he didn't want to run. Now he is saying, and he's right. The most dangerous player, the most dangerous is when he has the ball in his hands. Lamar is the most dangerous when he has the ball in his hands, when you don't know what he's gonna do.
Speaker 2: You pray he throws it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: You pray Josh Allen throws it.
Speaker 1: You ain't trying to get You not trying to get see any of those guys Josh Allen sixty six to fifty.
Speaker 2: Lamar Jackson, Oh.
Speaker 4: Man, Yeah, ain't telling him. I like him. I like it because when when you think about what Kyle Murray is able to do, I think he's also become a quarterback that you know, he's a dual threat. You know, you know he can he can playoff script, he can pull the ball down and use his legs. But he's one of those quarterbacks who also wants to throw first. You know, he wants to hurt you with his arm first, and then if I have no choice, then I'll use my legs. Actor. I think he wants to be seed and viewed in the same light as Lamar Jackson's, as your Josh Allens and the other dual threat quarterbacks around the NFL. I think that he hasn't had the team's success that they have, you know, being able to reach be able to reach the playoffs consistently year in the year out. But I think allowing him to do that more, being able to use his legs a little bit more to help them out offensively, would be tremendous, you know, for Arizona.
Speaker 2: I agree. I agree.
Speaker 1: Ohio Pilder, Bill Demorrow Demorra wants to allow public money. Oh okay, let me take the back. Wants to not allow public money from going to a professional sports team unless they've had a winning record three of the last five seasons. The Browns are asking for six hundred million dollars from the state to build a new stadium. That stadium ain't gonna get built there, Hey listening their pockets, Hey.
Speaker 4: Bason, what he said is definitely not getting built that that that's not going to happen. And I think this is gonna be a dome too, huhuh, it's gonna be a dome, but it's gonna be outdoor stadium.
Speaker 1: I don't know why in a situation like that, what you now you neutralize what are your greatest strength, which is the weather? I mean, can you imagine putting a dome in Green but putting out and you know they was talking about putting a dome in Chicago?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: I mean, now you you bring that's the whole thing. How you got to name it out an the midway? You bring them bring up off that lake Michigan. Let that water blow in a little freeze. It's just ten below, it's fifteen below the same thing.
Speaker 4: A lamb that Yeah, yeah, I got you. I don't I don't know, I don't know. But you know at time that'sly in today's area, you're putting your own team at a discis.
Speaker 1: You put your own team at He want to make sure he don't make sure state money going to that. And man made a list of things black people take seriously. Oh yo, let's take out this. Let's check out this list.
Speaker 4: You know, let me see that. Let me see it. Let me see that. Let me see that.
Speaker 7: They about to start taking the class for things black people take seriously, because this list is the must am.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, because man the check.
Speaker 7: If you mess up on the black person shit, I promise you they will become a mathematician. They will carry the one at that, Hey, I forgot one penny, y'all forgot one penny?
Speaker 2: Y'all playing with me?
Speaker 4: At number one?
Speaker 7: And who did the body that is the most ultimate Black people will say it out loud. You know what I'm saying, Why grandma like that? Why she looked melted? Why did they put her in the oven? Why she on three fifty bait? You know what I'm saying, Turn that heat down. They don't even look like grandma le I'll tell you this is probably one. People take off running whoa who's running? Who's running?
Speaker 2: We all we don't.
Speaker 7: Even say a word to nobody to take off and ask questions later. Oh and not calling the elders by their first name. There's a lot of people I didn't know they was their first name. I just know him as sir and ma'am, mom and dad. Until I was about ninety three. That's when I was like, oh that's your name, and if you said what you was dying and coming back to life again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, listen, the first one is the most important. The first one is the most important. Obviously that check. But number two for me, his number two was cool. But obviously his number two was. I think, if I'm not mistaken, was talking about who did the body? That's number three? Know who over there? You called about it? Hey, you get who over there? Who all over there? We didn't know who all over there? Because the bull job I ain't going. Yeah, I know before that is if somebody cooking and the first thing you asked somebody gonna ask every time would have been number two for me? Well who cooking the ams?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: Who cooking of cheese?
Speaker 4: Ticket?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he looked just like himself. How is he supposed to look like a horse? I be not fam.
Speaker 4: That at the funeral? Well, old folks goes to the funeral that they go to the way and they see the body. That's the first thing they say, who did the body?
Speaker 2: Every time? Yep? Who made the potato? Satdy?
Speaker 1: We take off running, drinking and eating out the people. Remember I told you that, no joke no, no, oh, no splitting pole. Hey, hey, come back around here. Man, Well you will walk back round the pole. You're not splitting no pole. Sign on the same side. Can't put the purse being Luther's kinty Luther definitely can't Baby no haircut before he won. I can't do that calling ell everybody first day, no missed such and such. They couldn't be about that. My not be but about five six years old of you. It's always mister miss yes, sir, yes, ma'am uh yep, Kate sweet.
Speaker 2: To tell y'all being off of the bag after purchase.
Speaker 1: I hate with people like I got like seventy dollars worth of stuff. Would you like a bag? No, I'm gonna cary this in shout of my arms. What the hell you think?
Speaker 4: Hold on that? And not when you know you go to certain places now and certain stars and your back clothes on. You gotta pay ten cents for the bag they ask you want to back Well I would. I'm not gonna be able to carry all this stuff. I didn't he damn what you're talking about? Well, that'd be ten cents.
Speaker 1: And at some stories, don't Joe, if you bring your own bags they won't.
Speaker 2: They won't bag it. I said, well, don you just go ahead and do that.
Speaker 4: I don't work here.
Speaker 2: What the hell you talking about it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man? Hey, and it's like, well, how much this coming? I said, I don't know. I stay right there one. Yeah, you could go get it, but I'm not finna walk back over there and get another one.
Speaker 1: Right, y'all know if you think i'll work here, y'all work here. Ould of did my part. I came to the counter. But yeah, bro, I agree with these, uh clothes on the bed, so you can't put clothes on the bed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm some good ones, man, some good ones. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He did a survey with us to find out what we uh, what we don't be doing. All right, o Joe, we'll get you out of here on this one. It's time for our last segment of the evening. Guys, it's time for you and A.
Speaker 4: And you saw you saw that picture?
Speaker 2: I said, you take your phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Freddy, look that that's from the night.
Speaker 2: I guess it gotta be coming.
Speaker 4: You said, okay, yeah, Freddy, Freddy, Freddy gives Freddie Gibbs watching man salute man, my brother. Freddie gis walked to the show. He said me, he's said that to me. He told me to send it to you, and he said, he said, Linca's is five.
Speaker 1: All right, music queen said, Oh, Joe, I was laid off two weeks ago and still have to spend money to turn spend some money to tell you to turn your MOFO boost Mobile light on.
Speaker 2: You never turn your nightcap light on? Ever? What the f.
Speaker 4: Hold on? Hold on, hold on? This is this is the thing right now, look real quick. You can see it looks good. It looks good. It's just lit up because my room is all black. So if it still pops and if if I light it, if I turn the light on, then it's gonna distort the lighting. It's not gonna be clear. As you can see right now. You can still see it, said nightcap. You can see the booth presented by boost Mobile, very very clear.
Speaker 1: The people paying enough money. Let's come on now, let's be professional. Turn the light on. Okay, when you get to the new place, if you move it in a new place, let's put the light on.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yet this this this is my last is my last right here? Moving forward?
Speaker 1: Can we put the light on? O Joe I don't think that's asking too much. I mean, think about it. You complained about us not having a title sponsor. We get a title sponsor, and they ask us, could we could we do these signs?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: And now you don't want to turn the sign on?
Speaker 4: All right, Well you gonna see you're gonna be looking.
Speaker 2: For a gonna look funny? Oh Joe, does mine look funny?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Look bit it looked like a nice man.
Speaker 2: Cut that side on.
Speaker 1: Aaron Ooren said, is Russell Wilson on this verde of playing his way out of the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 4: Or has he done enough that he will make it regardless? I mean you making it regardless what he's done in the past. You can't undo that, hcause it's not going not going the way it should be.
Speaker 1: Now. No, I think the thing is, Look, I don't think Russell's the first ballot that's reserved. Aaron Rodgers the Mahomes when he retired. I think I think he's done enough. Oh Joe, he's gonna I don't know. I think he has like over three hundred touchdowns, he's probably close to fifty thousand passing yards. Although fifty thousand passing yards it used to be the barometer. Now you got guys with sixteen seventy thousand with with Brady, It's gonna be very, very interesting to see. Tiffany Williams said, got my meet and greet tickets for Detroit show. Hope to see y'all all there. Tiffany, you will definitely see us there. Thank you so much for your support and make sure you let us know. Hey, I'm Tiffany. I talk to you guys on the chat and a nightcap.
Speaker 2: Let us know. Thank you, Tiffany. We really appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Six foot eight Aquarius crunching much Captain crunch fourth period.
Speaker 2: Lunch Nigasin five as the ruin comode up. Let him know. It doesn't matter if.
Speaker 1: It's pooking the cool Luca with hooker a hot toy.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Hey, Scoonty Pump said, quarter brick, half a brick, a whole brick.
Speaker 2: A lagas in five. Keiper Norwood Jr.
Speaker 1: Said, Uh, now that the game is over, we have a great chance in the playoffs. And please don't let Kendrick Perkins ever do another stephen A's list on first take, Love you guys, I don't know he left Lakers off.
Speaker 2: He left Houston off right now.
Speaker 1: Houston have the second best record, Lakers have the third best record.
Speaker 2: And he put who do you put up there?
Speaker 1: He put Golden State, he put the Clippers, and he puts somebody else over the Lakers.
Speaker 4: I'm like, man, you high.
Speaker 1: Toda, he said, uncer, O Joe, if you're the gym for the Nuggets, what would be the first couple of things doing to give Jokes some help? And do you think the Nuggets he's a nugget for life still after the coaching changed, Bro, they just won a championship two years ago. Yeah, that's crazy, I mean, think about it. Nick Nurse won a championship. Gone, Frank Bogle won a championship. Gone, Mike Malone won a championship. Gone, Mike Buos and won a championship Gone.
Speaker 2: Who ty lu what?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah he was firing. Tyler won one in sixteen. It was fired in eighteen, O Joe. The problem Yoke have another triple WS ten, twelve, ten, and ten is that because it used to be coaches made more than the players. Now the bat dependulum has swung. Players make so much more money. They and superstar players have always controlled the NBA. This is not anything new.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The old guard want to make it seem like, oh, these young guys getting players fired.
Speaker 2: It's always been like that.
Speaker 1: Go back and look Bill Fintch and lad Bird, go back and look at Paul Westball, Paul west west Head and Magic Johnson. It's always been like this. Nothing's changed. It's now the power. The players just have more power because they make so much money. Right a guy making sixty million or a guy making ten million. You can tell who makes the decisions. You just try to be on his best You just try to be on his good side. It is what it is. Denise Palmer said, my sister and I absolutely love you guys. I'm oho and she's even though we're twins, keep their keep doing the great work, great things.
Speaker 2: Guys. We support you regardless, love all. Sheanise, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Ain't that.
Speaker 1: Tell your sister? I really like her? Sheise, I'm kind of I'm so so on you right now, but uh, you should have put your sister name in there so we could have known who were dealing with. Sheise is team o CHO and her sister is teamed up. We love you guys both. Thank you for your support. But o choe my favorite chocolate door. Looking forward to seeing you and be more. I'm curious what value or principle do you hold most there and how do you how do they guide you're approaching both business and romatic pursuit.
Speaker 4: My ooh Mamo, you know what I do everything? I do everything. Oh man, I'm trying to make sure I see it the right way. Well, it's not greats oh man. Damn, I had it right on the tip of my tongue, sou as I had. I was like, oh, this is this is a good one. You know, we know what things don't work out, but you but you meant well by everything you do. That's why you don't while you never feel bad when you where you never feel bad because everything you did was with great intention. I'm trying to think of that if that's the right word. That's not the word I'm looking for. But that's something that I always always, always stood and always stand on, which is where I never feel bad throughout the entirety of my years, especially when it comes to business and when it comes to you know, relationships as well. Since she added that, added it in there as well. I do everything everything from the hard and really want nothing in return, like everything is always genuine, Yeah, always.
Speaker 1: And business. Just be straight up with me, tell me what it is. If it's this, it's this. If it's not, it's not. That's all I ask. I don't require a whole lot. I like to be left alone. I'm gonna come in, I'm gonna do my job. If I call you, I really got a problem. I got a problem. If I got a If I call you, I got a problem, Let's address it. Let's handle it. Let's see the best way to move forward in my relationship. Hey, you don't want to be with me, just tell me yep, go hurt. It's gonna hurt absolutely. But if you live as long as I have, I promise you you've been hurt. You've been heartbroken before.
Speaker 4: M hm. Hey, I'll never forget that. You just oh that that was trugger. Uh oh man.
Speaker 2: Long enough, you're gonna be heartbroken.
Speaker 1: And as I said before, when you don't want to end the relationship and the other person does, it hurts you more than it hurts them. Not to say it doesn't hurt them, because sometimes in order to change it requires hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I gotta think about it. Oh, Joe shedding skin.
Speaker 1: It's painful, but you know why snake shared the skin, not to change, to grow. That's why when somebody crossed you, you don't allow them a second chance, you know, because when a snake shared the skin, it's not becoming something else, is becoming the bigger snake.
Speaker 4: Mm and let me tell you something. Now, you're a little different. Now. I like that story. And now I said it with triggering when you said about someone actually leaving you, and it was triggering because it brought me back to a story I'll never forget. And I was just telling a friend of mine this story back in nineteen eighty three, and they always asked, like, you know, oh, show, when your relationships have ended all this time, how come you were able to move on with such grace and not be upset or not be sad? And I told him, listen, I've become numb to this stuff because back in nineteen eighty three, that was the worst pain I ever felt. Huh, nineteen eighty three, I was in elementary school. I would never forget. There was a young lady and I told the story before earlier, you know, in a few show a while back, and met her and I with dating, and I felt we were in a relationship. Even in elementary school ninety eight, y'all, never forget North Beach Elementary. I had an eight box of Crayola crayons.
Speaker 2: Eight box.
Speaker 4: Huh. Every time we sat together and we did coloring, I gave you my red crayon. I let you use my red crayon, so I felt we was together. You told me we was together. New dude named Ted came to our school in the middle of the semester. Obviously it's not a semester because it's only elementary, but he came to our class. Ted had a sixty four box of crayon, so she went from using my red crayon to using one of Ted's red crowns because they had multiple shades of the color red in the box. Well, you only had an you only had an a part a pack. Yeah, you know, it was only one red crayon, So he had multiple crayons. And I mean, listen, it's a testament to how things are today in this world. Because you know that girl I never forget her name, he named Tina, and that let me know when.
Speaker 2: She grew up.
Speaker 4: If I only had fifty dollars if a dude with one hundred dollars came along, the chance she would probably need me. Yeah, you know, so ever since that hurt I felt back then, I've been numb ever since then. Ever since then. It's tough. Yeah, relationships are tough. They're not easy.
Speaker 1: I think everybody's come to that realization and understand they're not easy. It takes a lot of sacrifice because it's easier. It's easy to grow apart than it is to grow together. You see, in order to stay in the relationship, you got to want to stay in the relationship, and you got to be willing to grow every day because that's a new person. The person that you went to bed with last night is not the person you wanna wake up with today.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Are you learning to change?
Speaker 1: Are?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 1: Because some because it's the days that you don't have that you're not your best and they're not at their best. Because that's a lot of times what happens, though, Joe, they're not at their best, you're not at their best. You can say, okay, this, I'm out is easy. The easy thing you'll ever do, no matter what it is, is to give up.
Speaker 4: That's the easiest way out. It is the easiest way. And another thing, especially for the chat. Listen, listen, listen, listen, listen, listen to me real quack y'all probably listen. You might not like the messenger, but my message is always good. You just don't like it coming from me sometimes now I got for we sent me as the experience you know doing this, you know. But but anyway, most of the time, when you when you're going through it with your partner, whoever it may be, in things or things are rocky and and you don't know what you should do, let them go. Let them go, because the only way to see someone's true character. I'm talking about their true character, who you're really dealing with, dealing with, is by giving them their freedom, and they'll show exactly what they really want to be doing every time. Give them their freedom, let them going by their business, you know, give them, give them some time, give them some space, because space real somewhere true character.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: I know what you're always telling me. I know what you're telling me all the time, but you actually show up the hair burter than I see. Oh man, listen, every time.
Speaker 1: What they're telling you and what you see, that message is not aligned Oh yeah. If I if I tell you I'm gonna come on a certain time and I don't show up, I know what you told me, but when I looked at the clock, that wasn't the time and you didn't show up at all.
Speaker 2: Come on now, because at the end of the look at.
Speaker 1: The end of the day, the beginning of the day, or whatever they do, is the sun said, or whatever the case may be. Yes, sir, if you do not want to be with Shannon, just tell Shannon that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll do that.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 4: Ain't nobody. Ain't nobody gonna leave you, man.
Speaker 1: But I I like, I like honestly, I like being upfront. Just tell me that, and I'm okay with it. Huh.
Speaker 2: That's for real. It's happened, is ojoe, Because here's the thing.
Speaker 1: A lot of times guys got here in the situation and like, oh, that's never happened when you're lying, because I and the more you invest in something, you see how Luca was emotional become.
Speaker 2: The more you invest in anything.
Speaker 1: It used to break my heart to lose because I was so invested and a lot of times I wanted to go to myself be alone.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I would say, Hey, I don't want to be I don't I don't want to see you tonight? Well, what I just know? And I would just like I would, I would cry and I asked what could I have done? Why did I not play better? It's the same thing in a relationship. And I replay that, because see, the mind replays what the heart can't delete. And I asked myself what could I have done differently? What could I have said differently? Why did I have to respond the way I did in this situation? Why couldn't I be more calm? Why couldn't I be more understanding, more empathetic? And as the more things you go through, you start to realize, like, Okay, Shannon, wasn't it wasn't as bad as you thought.
Speaker 2: You could have had a million different ways.
Speaker 1: And nine hundred and ninety nine thousand of them would have been right.
Speaker 2: You chose the one that was wrong. It was tough. It's tough.
Speaker 1: I think the thing for me is that because I've been through so much, because I'm a very private person, people don't see that because I don't live my life up.
Speaker 2: I'm a public figure.
Speaker 1: I've come to accept that, but I do everything I possibly can to keep as much of my private life private, Oh Joe, So guess what. I can go through things in private. I can grieve in private, I can celebrate in private. I'm okay with that. I can take my wins and my losses in private.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: It's uh.
Speaker 1: Man, that was good, bron share apples, cufcake, mama, good evening.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: As a public figure, where do you all go to be full of yourselves with no judgment? If if your love life was a book, what would the title of last chapter be?
Speaker 2: Where can I go to my holy self? Where can I go?
Speaker 1: Probably if I'm if I'm with if I'm with my my brother, my sister, uh, my kids.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 1: But I'm only like that if I'm in the privacy in my own home, and I'm never myself when I'm out in public, when I'm with my sister, I'm with my brother, I'm with my kids, I'm I'm straightened up because I because, oh jo, it's just so hard, because I feel that every place I go, I'm being recorded, I'm being filmed.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: And I think you have to do that now, and some things you learn a hard lesson. So for me, nowhere and I'm okay with that. Oyo, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm boy. I mean, when I think about it, I'm I'm, I'm myself. I'm very comfortable obviously publicly. You and I are completely listen, we are on two different sides of the spectrums. You know, I'm I'm I'm very sociable. I'm a social butterfly, which at time has got me in trouble. You know, I'm able to be myself in front of crowds. I love large crowds. Or or I can be you know, be by myself and be alone and be be with my kids. I'm able to be my be myself with my kids. Most definitely, I'm able to be myself with whoever it is I'm seeing at that time where where there's a certain level of comfort, you know, with with with what said individual. I'm one of the few, is it altrovert? Is that what's called alta vert? Altrovert? Int altrovert, an introvert. You're an extrovert, you're outgoing? Yeah, oh yeah, I'm I'm too about period. I mean, people in the schad have you met me before, you already know I'm I'm hugging. I'm acting like I know who thirty twenty years they never met your day in my life. I mean, I'm extremely outgoing. I have a huge person that so for me, ah man, I'm at my happy place man all all the time, especially especially, I'm the.
Speaker 1: Most out going introvert you're gonna ever meet. Right, I'm I understand that blah blah blah. But o Jo, when I when I if I'm at a public event, yeah, I'm talking. I'm going from place to place, oh Jo, when I get home, it's like I play the game. I'm exhausted. I'm exhausted, I'm spent. Yeah, m I mean it's all I can do to take my shoes off, to take my clothes off, to hang them up, put them in the laundry.
Speaker 2: I'm exhausted. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I'm on a plane, o Jo, And I catch people they're recording me. I'm like, bro, oh, I'm sorry that if that a problem, I'm like really, yeah, really, if you didn't think it was a problem, you would.
Speaker 2: Have asked me, could I take a picture? That's not what you did?
Speaker 4: Hey, I play into it? Yeah, can't you record me? I'm gonna play into it. I'm gonna walk up on you until you turn the camera around and make a whole video. We're gonna make a video together. See, I play in the stuff like that instead of me, you and I. We we we have a situation completely different.
Speaker 1: But you know, you know the thing is that I think you just you know you. I've learned to accept it that this is a part of it now. I've learned to accept a lot of things that people don't have. I'm gonna be the top of a conversation. Yeah, you just deal with it.
Speaker 2: You just deal with it.
Speaker 1: I know now, o yo, what to respond to and what not to respond to. And people want me to respond they want to get into a verbal back and forth.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm done with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm done with it because guess what, O Joe, you see that light? What's behind us?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, all that stuff that they say about me, it ain't stopped. Not one sponsor. Guess what, Jordan came here and measured. We got another sponsor. We gonna have a light on for that too. Give us a week.
Speaker 4: Hey, you gonna send me one?
Speaker 2: Not if you don't turn it on. Why I'm gonna sit any one. You don't turn down one on.
Speaker 4: Hold on, you got to tell me, hold on, let me let me know before I do the measurements tomorrow. I'm putting everything up. Hey, this this apartment is empty.
Speaker 2: Ain't nothing here.
Speaker 4: I left this here because I still have my in of that man, and that gonna be tomorrow. How much space I need to put between the sponsors so I can measure that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, Jordan just measured MI and we'll see how big it is.
Speaker 4: Let you know, I need I need to know how many words are in it so I can have everything perfect. I got a big.
Speaker 1: Space, but you don't have, O Joe, you don't know the space that you're gonna have that You're gonna have the nightcap signed up yet?
Speaker 4: No, I do. It's shoes junk. You got to see you got to see the new game room. Mom, you gonna love it. And y'all, you and Ash and Jordan, y'all got to come down here and visit. I'mnna cook for y'all.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: No, I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 1: And I just learned, and I had to learn the hard way, going back and forth with people, and they got more out of that than I did.
Speaker 2: So now I just let it go, Yes, sir, well.
Speaker 4: You you let yours go. I'm firing back.
Speaker 1: Guess what, no decide at all. The sponsors and the advertisers. They not stop. They haven't stopped.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, he don't never stop, can't stop, won't stop.
Speaker 2: And she's like, you know what.
Speaker 1: She's like, She's like, tell me what it is that they say that gets you in this space?
Speaker 2: M hm? See how many how many advertiser sponsors have you lost? Say nothing?
Speaker 1: Anybody told you they weren't go sleep with you because they said they said this about you.
Speaker 2: I was like, no, she said, so what the ef do you care? Bam? I was like, now that I think about it, that's a damn.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is. It is.
Speaker 1: I understand that not one sponsor have left because they said that.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm. I feel women are still very interested, so I'm good. Oh hey, but they're still interested still.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't wave my white flag. Well I'm off, I'm off, I'm off the market. But I still got somebody for you though. I don't know, I don't know if you you know, you know, let me know. I don't want to be to you know, to too forward on the show. What yeah, I got yeah, I got.
Speaker 1: Some said kind old show love what y'all do both as the absolute best who would win one on one game of basketball?
Speaker 2: Me? Hold on, come again me.
Speaker 4: I don't like the fact that you didn't even you didn't even take time to think about that for me. Now you just you just heard me challenge Pat Beverley. I don't care know about that, and you think you're gonna be I do. I don't think I know I could, and I ain't shot a basketball. I probably shot a basketball one time in the last thirty five years. I want you to do me a favor, man, Please, until you see me play, please look look at the footage first before you answering, because you answered me fast.
Speaker 2: That's what I got. I like it. Uh, Doctor Frank A. L.
Speaker 1: Bellamit he fam Oh, I hope I see starting a game that Monday after the Masters, after the Masters on Monday. Uh, he'd probably be there. That's why I gotta go to the Masters. I'm going to the Masters next year because you know, the food is still like when they had it back in the thirties when they first started this. A sandwich is still a dollar fifty. They have not raised their prices in all the years.
Speaker 4: Oh Joe, Now we can get the rest of the economy to take up take after the masters.
Speaker 2: But see when you got those billionaires paying all those dudes. You can do that.
Speaker 1: Cause you remember how they pulled out because the one year they had the sponsors, I think they wouldn't let a woman join. And all the advertiser they said, we don't care. They said, don't worry about the sponsors. We're gonna we're gonna do it commercial free. That all the sponsors came back. They're not gonna let you hold them hostage. They got too much money at stake, right, and that's prime real estate.
Speaker 2: And sponsors understood that.
Speaker 1: Who who are we hurting? We're hurting ourselves. It's like, no, okay, we're gonna we're gonna gonna do that. Man, that was a great show tonight, Ojoe. They we want to thank our special Pat Bell. Pat Man, appreciate it. Bro, You're welcome back anytime. Thank you for adding insight, a perspective from an NBA player. What is like in the locker room, the expectations, the play, the style of play. We greatly greatly appreciate that. Uncle Ojo Nightcap we gratually now. I want no parmental sandwich. I hate Permento cheese. That book.
Speaker 2: That ish is nasty.
Speaker 1: You know you out of your mind. They ain't nobody Permento cheese. This episode of Nightcap is brought to you by Boost Mobile. Visit your nearest boost Mobile store or boost mobile dot com to join their nationwide five G network Today. I'm uh He's Liberty City Legend, the Binga Ring of Fame, art of reading the pro Bowler's chad o Jo Sinko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from.
Speaker 2: Thank you, guys. Thank you each and every subscriber.
Speaker 1: Thank you each and every person that listens, that downloads, that retweets, that talks about us. We greatly appreciate your support because of all this, what you see, and all these sponsors and advertisers, and I know y'all see them in every show we come on, we have more that goes to show you that the advertisers know the reach that we have and they want to be a part of it. Because of you. None of this is possible without you. So and what did Masterpiece say, People gonna try and trick you out your spot, O Joe, Well, yeah, Gilly said the same thing. They're gonna try to trick you out your spot. Y'all in trick right here, that's gonna happen. Please make sure you go check out Shave by Laportier now we have it, and stop if you cannot find it in a city or state there you. Hopefully about the end of the year, we'll be in about thirty four states by the end of the year, but right now I think we're in about eighteen to twenty. Hopefully we're gonna be a twenty five probably by June July, and then another six to seven by the end of the year.
Speaker 2: So hopefully we're in thirty plus by the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Now, if we're not currently in a state that you reside in, or we're not having it, if we're not close to a state that you're in order it, we're shipping directly to you. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Go follow my media company page on all of its platforms.
Speaker 2: That's Shayshape Media. Guys.
Speaker 1: I want to thank you again from the bottom of our Heart the webby nominations Shine and Sharp, Best Entertainment Creator, Best Sports Creator, Club Shay Shape, Best Creator Influencer Series, Nightcap, Best Sports Show, Best Video Series, Best Live Podcast Recording. That's all because of you, guys. We win or lose because of you. I appreciate that. We already know we can't win them all because all these other podcasts they have fans too, But we have awards already behind us. I've won an iHeart Award, Signal Award, be Et, Hip Hop, Harp Award, Hashtag Awards. That's becolling you, guys. I can't do this no matter how good Ocho and I are. If you don't like the product, we don't become successful. So y'all should relish in the success that we've been able to enjoy it because it's you that's lifted us up. The Lincolns pinned in our bio. Please go vote for us voting INDs April seventeenth. Check out My Clothing Company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. Everything is restocked, the linco is pinned in the chat. Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, So please grab yours while supplies last. Tickets for our Not Safe for Work Tour went on sale a couple of weeks ago. Eight stops Baltimore, Philly, Charlotte, La, Miami, New York, Chicago, Detroit. We wrap up in Detroit. Tickets can be found on shashapmedia dot com slash tour. That's shayshapmedia dot com slash tour. The link is pinned in the chat. Guests lineup and shipping up real nights. Go get your tickets now. Can't wait to see you guys. Pat Bell, thank you again, appreciate it. Make sure you check out Pat Bell, the Pat Bell Podcast with Rome check him out. You can find them on a Twitter x and ig pat Bell check him out, guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for joining us. The Lakers win Clincher's.
Speaker 1: Playoff spot one more win and the three seed Lakers win one twelve ninety seven. Luca was sensational in his return, very emotional, but he was able to challenge those emotions and have one of his better games as a Laker forty five points in his return as they win. Thank you for joining us again. Unk He's O Joe, see you tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: Good night. I love you, guys,