Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn this stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the show. My name is Matt, my.
Speaker 3: Name is Noel.
Speaker 4: They called me Ben. We are joined as always with our super producer Andrew the try Force Howard. Most importantly, you are you are here. That makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. Hold the phone, call the Wise Man. This is part two in a special two part series. And please, please please, if you haven't listened to part one before you listen to the rest of this, get thee to thy podcast platform of choice and check out the first part of When was Jesus Actually Born?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes, this episode all magi. That's all we're doing. I'm just playing the wise men. Magi are They hold a special place in my heart. I don't know about you, guys.
Speaker 4: Great get it super big and the murr the gum Resin, which was a huge, huge deal that it was sort of the crypto of its day.
Speaker 2: M frankincense. It's the only reason I know that word.
Speaker 4: You don't know, Franken said he's a guy. It's his street name.
Speaker 2: I don't know much.
Speaker 5: This is part two, so uh, maybe maybe we can talk a little bit though about this.
Speaker 4: The the idea of a natural bookend to a heroic journey. One is born on a specific, perhaps auspicious date, and then later, when you leave the mortal veil, you die on that same day, just later in time. Kind of like a good modern analogue would be Mark Twain in Haley's comment.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, absolutely, this idea of a predetermined amount of time that this deity will visit with humanity, right, or that this god will It sounds bad when I say it, but when this God will grace humanity with its presence to impart whatever wisdom, knowledge and miracles are you know, needed for humanity at the time.
Speaker 6: A Ladda.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well, I mean I know it feel it feels weird, but it is.
Speaker 4: I'm joking.
Speaker 6: It's it's it's of course, it's a It's a God.
Speaker 3: Doesn't get much more grand and and all and self important than.
Speaker 2: That, right, Going back to theology versus chronology, it is about the story, the the myth that that story becomes, rather than exactly when it happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, exactly. That's he nailed it because we see also the yeah, idea of predestination. That's a huge part of it, right, not just faith, but fate, and this spoils things too, or it makes things more complicated for later researchers because honestly, it sounds like they're producers in the mix. There are people talking about story structures, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Or it's like that three chord pop song that has fifteen writers and twenty five producers on the credit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, very very much so. And that's not a dean. We just think it's a fascinating comparison and it's not too off the mark.
Speaker 3: So just a too many cooks kind of situation, which is why it's a little hard to always take everything at face value.
Speaker 4: Right right, because a lot of people who were perhaps closer to those historical events actual facts, as our pal Lauren would call them, they died and they couldn't stop someone else from coming in with their own agenda or acts to grind.
Speaker 2: Council of nice and Ben.
Speaker 3: You mentioned earlier awkward conversation with somebody about the King James Bible being the only correct one quote unquote because of its you know use of the English language. But I mean we know that there were some liberties taken in that translation that we're political. No, do we have like a list of those or is it just kind of lost to history?
Speaker 4: Uh? We have. We have some guesses why King James made up Bible. That's a great idea for ridiculous history. Uh, we could, we could spoil some of it.
Speaker 2: Quick question about that, guys, have you done a Ridiculous History episode specifically on the golden sickle, white cloth and mistletoe?
Speaker 4: No Ah, I know what you're talking about. We have not, but we will if you come on air with you.
Speaker 3: Please, Matt, this is your baby already. You did it, You spoke it into existence. But why are you scared of Matt? We do podcasts together.
Speaker 6: All the time.
Speaker 2: I will do yeah, I will do that. Actually, the golden sickle is the thing you gotta or at least that if you're a druid and you got your robes on, you climb up the oak tree, lop off the missiletoe. But it can't touch the ground. It has to hit the white cloth.
Speaker 3: So it's like elf on the shelf kind of rules, kind of like if you touch the elf on the shelf, the magic goes away, similar because.
Speaker 2: The missletoe is the thing that is protecting the oak tree, which is mighty and very kingly and actually a symbol of a king. And then you can't you can't fell the massive oak tree unless you've saved its protective missiletoe in honor of the king that you're about to fell and then make into burning stuff.
Speaker 4: The emphasis being that there is a right way to do things, Yeah, in favor of the gods and all the orderly proceedings of the cosmos.
Speaker 3: Well, and as much as Christianity would like to raise itself up as being better or more evolved than some of those pagan ritualistic who or ancient religions, there's just as much ritual involved in Christianity as there were in those other you know, belief systems.
Speaker 4: Shout out transubstantiation, shout out the idea of the the cauldron God and the vegetable God. Oh Man Fraser is just so cool. The show and the author Doctor Folklore thing Yeah, both both toss salad scram so working back from the life of John the Baptist based on the stuff mentioned in Luke and a few other few other tidbits there. There are experts, there are theologians who believe they've gotten closer to the actual answer. What is the birthday of Jesus Christ. We're going to pause for a word from our sponsors, and then we're going to get into it. Folks. We'll see what you think.
Speaker 2: And we're back, and we've discovered that it is. Wait, he's a leo, right, Jesus was a leo. He's got leo.
Speaker 4: Come on, I don't know, come on, I wonder what the astrology of the day was. We got to find the history of astrology. You know, a lot of good ideas in this.
Speaker 2: But no, no, it's not that though. But it's pretty close, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Uh. I You know, I'm glad you point that out, Ma, because based on those calculations, which get spoiler cartoonishly complex related to the birth of not Jesus but John the Baptist, and where John the Baptist would have been when Jesus was, you know, messing around and getting baptized and so on. Uh. Some folks like Ian Paul that we mentioned earlier, speculate the true birth of Jesus Christ was sometime in September comma maybe comma asterisk. It's it's so weird because the main thing we agree on we being modern civilization. All the theologians, the vast majority of read up about this. They may not agree on the actual birth date, but they pretty much all agree the celebration of Christmas on December twenty fifth is not determined by the historical facts. It's the idea that counts.
Speaker 3: That's right, yeah, which has trickled down into gift giving during Christmas.
Speaker 6: It's the thought that counts.
Speaker 4: So just shut out Saturnalia.
Speaker 2: In a super snitchy elf that my son named Tyrone for some reason.
Speaker 3: That's incredible. I think Ella Choice is my family ELF's name.
Speaker 4: I always rejected the Elf on the shelf. It's beat me here, triforce, it's Norwellian. I don't don't like how it's normalized.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, it's all and it all benefits one company who sells these packages with the elf and the book, and they created the lore, and it's just it is kind of amazing though, that nobody before this product figured out how to WEAPONI that same kind of big lie about Santa Claus and create.
Speaker 6: A new thing, a new version of it.
Speaker 4: On that and it did though, right do you? No?
Speaker 6: It just occurred to me.
Speaker 2: Have you heard about the two new iterations. I just learned about them a few hours ago. I'm serious.
Speaker 4: No, I'm kind of a grinch Scrooge character. I'm not read up on this.
Speaker 2: Martha on the Mantle and Snoop on the stoop they're real.
Speaker 6: What about mensh on the bench?
Speaker 3: I've heard about that one for Jewish families looking to integrate a big lie around the holiday season.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, so just the surveillance state is going to keep doing merch spinoffs.
Speaker 2: Yes, watch how Snoop might see you.
Speaker 4: This is a true story. This has not I was thinking of this for our strange news segment later. But did you hear that air frars might be spying on you?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes, I did hear about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just came up a few that's the new ELFLA. At least the air frar does something.
Speaker 3: Else you're talking, of course about, maybe like Wi Fi connected airfriers.
Speaker 6: Surely my dumb airfryer isn't spying on me. Can I just say that?
Speaker 3: Guys? I didn't make up mench on the bench. It was apparently, as seen on shark tank.
Speaker 4: Ah, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I didn't think you were making it up. I'm not that cloud. You are way more clear for that. You would have come up with a better no offense to the bench.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, and last thing, it might not just be your air frier. We've mentioned this before on the show, but it's the Wi Fi signal that now, through the magic of AI, has been trained not yours necessarily, but has been trained to be able to identify where people are due to basically holes in the Wi Fi signal, yes, human shaped holes, and then it can analyze how that human shape hole is moving. So literally, if you want something to be spying on you, it could just be your Wi Fi signal.
Speaker 4: Somebody's watching me, So okay. This leads us all to the next big question. If everybody already kind of agrees the official date is wrong for several compelling reasons, the next question is how did we end up with December twenty fifth. This is a great thing to ask. Depending upon whom you approach with this question, you may be told there is a conspiracy afoot. Britannica sums it up pretty nicely. They point out the origins of Christmas and its December date can be found in the ancient Greco Roman world, because commemorations probably began again around second century. They say there are three possible origins for the December date. First, a guy named Sextus Julius Africanus. He looked back at this is kind of what we're talking about, a little off air. He looked back at the expected conception date of Jesus Christ, and he said, that's March twenty fifth. So count forward nine months and then Jesus is logically bored on December twenty fifth. It sounds solid until we realize that our buddy Sextus also said the entire world was created on March twenty fifth. So I think you was just putting a lot of stuff in the bucket on that one.
Speaker 2: That'd be cool, that'd be cool back, you know, when there were absolutely no calendars or and time was arguably different as the earth was forming from what I know.
Speaker 4: You know, if you've ever edited a manuscript, you kind of have to respect him, yeah, for just getting a lot done in one day, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Not to continue to poke holes in this, but you know, babies aren't born exactly nine months after conception.
Speaker 4: No one tells sextus it's close.
Speaker 2: But anyway, it's just very.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of wiggle room, you know what I mean. Yeah, sometimes not enough wiggle room exactly. So there's this other belief that we talked about a little bit, the idea that the date of the twenty fifth of December was chosen to sort of gentrify religious celebration, to displace competing spiritual belief systems like Mythris, Soul and Victis celebrations, or push out other non Christian celebrations like a Roman festival Saturnalia, which had you know, some traditions that might sound a little familiar to Christmas enthusiasts. You give gifts, ye at big parties with friends and families. We feaced like we're at medieval times, which is very much not a thing pack then.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, well yeah, and you know, in certain parts of the world when you have Yule and things like that, that end up getting put into the same festivals because it's just I remember we did that video way in the day talking about the origins of Christmas and just how baffled I know, I was, at least at the things we were finding about all of these celebrations and where they really do come from, and how it is in amalgamation of pretty much the world going through crisis. These are celebrations of stuff is really bad and cold and dark. Right now, let's do some things to get together. Warm up a bit, celebrate, and eat a bunch of food because we need to get food in our bellies.
Speaker 4: Spring is on the way. Right from the darkness comes to the light. Yeah, this is okay. We do know a lot of the hubbub around December twenty fifth comes from, weirdly enough, geopolitics, which were still the thing back then. This is where we introduce our second or our third technically Flavious of the story for accounting my gerbil. Flavious was just way more common name back then. This is a guy that we've talked about before. Flavius Valerius Constantinus, also known as Constantine the First or in a burst of humility and modesty, Constantine.
Speaker 3: The Great, not to be confused with Flava, Flavius Valarius, Constantaneous, Constantine the First, or.
Speaker 2: Flavius Flava.
Speaker 4: Or walk a flack of Flavius.
Speaker 6: Thanks for playing guys.
Speaker 4: Also first of his name. Yeah, so we we also those are all good, all right, thank you for playing fun. We know that Constantine ruled over Rome from about three oh six to three thirty seven. He is perhaps best known for the purposes of this exploration as the first Roman emperor to convert to Christianity, and because emperors are super humble, he expected everybody else to do exactly what he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: It's like it's like, how, oh gosh, that dictator out in the stands. I think it's Turkmenistan. He quit smoking cigarettes and then banned cigarettes for the whole country, and like whenever he made a decision, he put in a law that said everybody else in that country had to do the same thing.
Speaker 6: It takes a type to ascend to that level of influence.
Speaker 4: I guess. But it's like it's like if I, you know, imagine we go back and forth on political corruption here in the United States. But I will say this, the US public would absolutely revolt if any given president, you know, but like just a terrible vehicle, like a Honda Odyssey, and they said from now on, everybody has to drive a Honda Odyssey. It would be blood in the streets.
Speaker 6: I would just argue that in American politics.
Speaker 3: They just wouldn't come right out and say that was why.
Speaker 2: What was the last American president that would be like caught outside on the White House lawns smoking a cigarette?
Speaker 4: Barack Obama?
Speaker 2: Obama, he was chief.
Speaker 6: Aren't there photos of him?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't have that image in my head. That's interesting, Okay.
Speaker 4: I think the PR game was a little bit h well. I think they deployed some PR to tamp down the occasional coffin nail on the part of that administer.
Speaker 6: Clinton smoke, no thinks, so he does say cheeseburgers and playing.
Speaker 2: The cigars, cigars something.
Speaker 4: A very specific type of cigar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, very specific.
Speaker 4: Indeed, let's say he customized it. So all right, we'll keep that it. So, part of this Christianization of the Roman Empire included finding a official date for the birthday of Jesus Christ. I'm trying to convince you friends, Romans countrymen to follow my lead on this new idea. I you know you have your own spiritual beliefs, but let me convince you of this this school of thoughts bona fides. So they need more of these celebrations, they need these things that are official rules. The rollout doesn't go perfectly because the eastern area of the Empire still says, we think it's January sixth, and it took fifty years to get them kind of on board, and they're still kind.
Speaker 3: Of not so I guess it's time to get to the conspiracy theory at play here that Constantine's administration was hoping to put the kaibosh on some competing religions and other year in celebrations. Hence the whole discussion around religious syncretism. It happens all the time. You've got a new game in town, the new king in town that's trying to push forth a new way of doing things. Therefore, you have to tamp down the competition by in some ways co opting their pre existing traditions. And while this might not have and overnight, generationally speaking, it does tend to work.
Speaker 2: Well. Who has time for yaalda if we need to celebrate this new thing now and we're being told we need to celebrate it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then to that point we see syncretism also becomes its own enemy with the rise of heretical christian sects, because still Christianity, especially in the early days, it can't agree on what it is you know, and it can't agree on the true nature of God, you know, the three and one Spirit. It can't agree on when I mean forget a specific date. These people are killing each other over doctrinal stuff that would seem even smaller to us today, the conspiracy of ham shrinking competing belief systems. It's a great story, you know. Put on our producer hats. It's just like EPs. We would love this story. It ticks all the boxes we need for heroes and villain Notice, however, we called it a conspiracy theory and not a conspiracy actual. That's because the whole thing might be a convenient myth. We did not know this going into it. But the whole idea of this Constantinian conspiracy right to advance Christianity over all other pre existing religions. It doesn't come from hard evidence. It comes from people looking at timelines and making educated guesses. And the closest thing to a smoking gun is literal scribbling in margins of a book or a manuscript by an unnamed anonymous Syrian monk sometime in the twelfth century sore than more than a millennia after the fact, people read about this and they just dug the vibe. Whoever this guy was, he wasn't originally out to make a hit piece. He was trying to figure out why Western churches moved Christianity from January to December and why Eastern churches didn't get with the program. And he was like, hey, they moved it closer to the solstice. That's weird. And then people who did not like Christianity found out about this and they said, perfect, you know what I mean. It's like if you already don't like, you know, a specific creed or ethnicity, and you read something that you think makes them sound bad and then you repost it on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Dude, but I have to The winter solstice thing is so interesting to me when it comes to the storytelling that was happening, happening in like ancient Persia at the time. About this concept, the very concept that evil forces, darkness worth it's the strongest right around this time of year when when you when you're at the winter solstice, when the days are the shortest, when the night is the longest, when it's very cold, that is when the evil forces are at its strongest. So if you have a savior figure that emerges right in that moment when it is, you know, the darkest night of the soul for all of humanity. Right, you have a savior figure arise in that moment literally with a star, you know, in this symbology and all that stuff. It is the type of storytelling that could be. You could see it cutting through cultural different cultural and religious beliefs.
Speaker 6: It takes the same boxes, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean this is where we get to studies of comparative religion. Again, George Fraser, The Golden Bough is nuts. It was first published in eighteen ninety and it's talking about a lot of the same things, and it still holds up because Fraser was largely correct. We're fun at parties. This is a great point that we're making here because we see commonality of experience. Right, it doesn't matter what you believe. Winter Solstice is still the longest night of the year. Doesn't matter to whom you pray. It still gets cold, yeah, at predictable times of the year and warmer at other times.
Speaker 2: Well, and it goes across every culture. You look at Stonehenge, Machu Pichu, you all over the planet, there are monuments built to both celebrate and venerate the solstices, right, and that's there are slits within stone work that will only send light into one part of a massive dome thing that was built, you know, well before allegedly Jesus was born that are celebrating that moment of the sunrise the dawn on that day.
Speaker 4: So if you want, if you want your hero in your story to be the most heroic and most auspicious, then you push them or associate them with something that people already understand as auspicious and important. That doesn't make Now we're not denigrating any belief system. That doesn't make it untrue. Right, And that's not us poo pooing or anything that is pointing out how this sort of stuff historically works, not just in the case of Christianity, but in the case of pretty much every successful religious school of thoughts. Successful being defined as something that a mimetic evolution that propagates across generations.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: Still, the conspiracy theory about Constantine saying, you know, screw Saturnalia, I'm tired of this Mythris guy that probably came to be way after his death. And we got to give a shout out to a professor at Yale Andrew McGowan, who totally agrees with this and makes a really compelling case that this was anti Christian and anti Christmas propaganda in the twelfth century. What we're saying is, that's right, fellow conspiracy realist. It sounds silly when you hear it on your news networks every year, but back in the day, there really was a war on Christmas. There really was war on Christmas. It's also strange because birthdays were not as big of a deal back then. You know, if you like think about it, you are an adherent of Christianity. Jesus Christ is the Messiah. His birthday is great, good that he's here, but the real emphasis is on when he dies and rises again. Sure, that's what makes him Jesus Christ. Definitely, it's definitely the more impressive trick. Everybody has a birthday, not everybody has an Easter.
Speaker 2: It's true, exactly, but it's a lot like it's a lot like the Sun, guys, the Sun. I'm just you know, just saying absolutely, because I can't get over this. I did, wait, I dove way too deep into the Midsummer Thing. I think I watched that movie not that long ago, and I was just thinking more and more about it about ancient practices. But like New Grange, this tomb mound built in Ireland, like thirty two hundred BC, is all about the rising of the sun on that you know, right around that time. Like I don't know exactly what the date was, December, what what it would be calculated to in thirty two hundred BC when it was built, but it would be it would be right around that time when the sun rises and defeats evil, right, defeats the cold, the winter, all that stuff. Go back to karnak out in lux or all these places, same thing four thousand years ago. That story is just so potent.
Speaker 4: It makes me wonder what maritime life forms worship, right, should they have the capacity for worship, which they probably do, especially to take Do.
Speaker 2: You think it would be sun based or it would be more based on current Maybe.
Speaker 4: I think it would be current. Yeah, I think it would have to be current. Right, Let us know what your local pods and citations worship, you know, because yeah, the humans in the early days obviously they're gonna they're they're gonna worship the sun and they're gonna fear the night, yes, right, and then they'll worship the things they fear. Because you worship what you adore, you also worship what you fear.
Speaker 2: Just crazy, Yeah, you sacrifice stuff to it to be like, please don't hurt.
Speaker 4: Us ancestor worship animism. Yeah, those are cool, man, They're still continued practices.
Speaker 2: Did you guys see the trailer for The Witcher.
Speaker 4: For I did? I did? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: Deals exactly with that concept of sacrificing to the bad thing.
Speaker 3: Guys, sorry to do for five seconds. Speaking of trailers, have you seen the trailer for the New twenty the twenty eight years later, the Zion film. It has this poem in it that is is like a like a vintage recording of this poem called I think it's called.
Speaker 6: Boots, Boots Boots. It's by rudyerd Kipling. But it doesn't say that.
Speaker 3: It's just this insane, arresting spoken word that like just kind of syncs up with the bill and the tension of the music and the images and the trailer.
Speaker 6: I had to look it up and it's freaking wild.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know, Ben, you're a big fan of his poetry. Despite him, you know, we all know he's got problematic figure.
Speaker 4: I'm a big fan of some of his There you goes.
Speaker 6: So this one, man, it blew me away.
Speaker 3: It's just all about war, and it's like it has this cadence to it. It's almost Death March kind of cadence to it. Really powerful. If you look up on YouTube, you can hear recording on its own, it's this very like famous recording with somebody reading this poem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's also used. I think it'll be very familiar with a lot of our marine conspiracy realist in the crowd. Not maritime animals, but like actual marines, because yeah, tell us what you think. We also know that eventually, through this great game of heavenly and Earthly telephone, more and more people began to accept the idea of December twenty fifth as the date of the Messiah's birth, and that created a feedback loop because the more people that accept it, the more people that accept it.
Speaker 2: And now you're weird for not accepting it.
Speaker 4: Right, not like having a cell phone used to be weird, and now it's weird to not have one. So we will never know the actual real birthday of Jesus, at least not here on earth. But we can say conclusively, probably wasn't what we call Christmas today, Probably was not in December. This shouldn't be a bummer, though, because it's the thought that matters more than a specific date and time. Matthew and Luke were probably onto something with that that was actually kind of smarter them. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But speaking of the thought that matters, or the thought that counts, that is no excuse to give Amazon gift cards for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just lazy.
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 6: I just I will die on this. Hell be thoughtful?
Speaker 4: Okay? Does someone hurt your feelings?
Speaker 3: I know, maybe irrelevant. It's just an opinion that I wanted to express in this moment.
Speaker 4: And I assume that we apply to all gift cards.
Speaker 3: I think gift cards are a little weak sauce that's awful, even if.
Speaker 4: It's like a gift card to a specific thing.
Speaker 7: Applebee's maybe as I yeah, as yeah, sure, absolutely that would be a fun, thoughtful gift card because he really loves Applebee's.
Speaker 3: But to give this just open ended, you figure it out thing to somebody as.
Speaker 6: A gift, I would say, just don't don't, don't get them anything.
Speaker 4: What do you think about hard currency.
Speaker 3: Yes, the gift of grandparents and absolutely acceptable from them in a card with.
Speaker 2: Handwritten okay, okay okay.
Speaker 4: Or hands signs. I used to give my uh the cards I would send people for like Hanukah or Christmas or whatever they would they would usually I would usually have somewhere in there dictated but not read. Here you go, which yeah, I got I had. Uh. This has nothing to do with anything. When you get Eagle Scout, you used to get a lot of notable politicians and celebrities and astronauts and stuff that would send you like a congratulatory letter or they would send you a picture that they had signed. And got one from Bob Hope with this pretty nice letter was a super long it was about a page and it ended with dictated but not read and his secretary and I thought it was the classiest thing. I figure he was. I just imagine the guy strolling around the room. Well he just just extolling these ideas. He's like put something in about uh America.
Speaker 6: He was mister a s O.
Speaker 3: Like the big the big touring productions for the troops, you know, the road shows and stuff.
Speaker 6: Wasn't that a big thing that Bob Hope was into it makes it yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. But this this also gives us the idea of people spitballing, right the gospel dictated but not red yea and read later. So this is where we see calendars change. You know, this is another trip, he thought, you guys, I know we're going along, but calendars seem permanent, yet are somewhat changeable over time, you know, like the what happens when humans continue to reach toward the stars? Are we? I suggest the calendars will have to evolve in step? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, once all these aliens finally make themselves known that are hanging out in New Jersey right now, I mean, yeah, you stop it. I'm okay, I will.
Speaker 4: Or the aliens land and they say, they say something like, oh yeah, Jesus is absolutely real. We hang out with him all the time. Yeah, like we see him all the time, don't you guys? He was what did you do to him? Hey? What happened?
Speaker 2: That's uh? That was Oh who did that? Somebody went on stage and did that as a as their bit? Yes, and it was it was so good. It was Oh what the I just I just heard it recounted it hold on I got at no.
Speaker 4: Bob Hope, no Carpenter.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I just uh, I've got a.
Speaker 4: Can you describe the person?
Speaker 2: It was Richard Pryor, And it was a retelling of a time that Richard Pryor went on stage and he embodied God, like God himself. He went out on stage as God, and I was talking about his son and like, I mean, my son is so awesome, just talking about his son, and he's like, so, where have you seen him? Like where is he? Wait? What? And then the audio proceeds to explain to God what happened to Jesus?
Speaker 6: I see?
Speaker 2: And then he does the same thing with Martin Luther King, with Malcolm X, with JFK and all this stuff. It was just and it was apparently really somber and sad the entire time he's on set and they just left and he's just like, all right, well, they basically just said, well, this is I'm leaving. Yeah, this is the bottomy of Now God is no longer with us.
Speaker 4: Sorry, yeah, no, I feel you. Richard Pryor is one of the great orators of Western society. I would often people confused with the comedian, just like George Carling, but I would say the alien thing would be interesting. They we don't know if that's going to happen yet, but we know the calendar will probably transform as humanity becomes a multi terrestrial species, right, and well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what if it's based on the rather than the Solar system, right solar? What if it's on the galaxy itself at least for every time?
Speaker 4: That'd be cool. I miss the Zoom meeting, guys, I thought this was in galactic time.
Speaker 2: Crap, crap.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's a question for another day. But we do have we do have an answer. You know, whether you're Christian, whether you're non Christian, atheist, whatever your belief system may be, you don't have to be Christian to agree with the overall message of this guy. Just be good to other people. Help when you can, how you can when you can. You know, that's the real stuff they don't want you to know. To shout out to Frank Cross and Scrooge, no one ever needed a specific day to be a good person. It can just be a Tuesday and you can still do amazing noble things. It's awesome to be kind in March September tomorrow, the next week, the next day, it's just as crucial to do that as it is on Christmas at least, that's we think. So what do you think. We can't wait to hear from you, folks, so we try to be easy to find online. You can send us an email if you want to get on our naughty list.
Speaker 6: Or our nice list.
Speaker 3: And you can also find this all over the internet on your social media platforms a choice where we are conspiracy stuff. On x FKA, Twitter, on YouTube where we have video content glor for you to enjoy, as well as on Facebook where we have our Facebook group.
Speaker 6: Here's where it gets crazy. On Instagram and TikTok, we're conspiracy stuff.
Speaker 2: Show you better call us you naughty a little so and so. Our number is one eight three three st d WYTK. That story, by the way, about Richard Pryor was told by Howie Mandel. That's if you want to search it up Howi Mandel, Richard Pryor. God check that out. When you call in. Give us a cool nickname for yourself. Whatever it is, we don't care. We're excited to hear it. You've got three minutes. Say whatever you'd like. At some point in the message, let us know if we can use your name and message on the air. If you've got more to say than can fit in a three minute voicemail, why not instead send us a good old fashioned email.
Speaker 4: We are the entities that read every piece of correspondence we receive twenty four to seven as long as this calendar continues. Spoiler. Getting on the Knotty list is a very very cool thing, and we want to take a second and thank everybody who wrote in with amazing stories about the third Man factor, as well as dropping us some phone calls. So many stories, we were betting this one would speak to a lot of us in the audience. We've received so many accounts that it may be time for us to do a themed listener mail program on these third Man stories in the meantime, If you'd like to be part of that, or give us any of your thoughts at all, hit us up out here in the dark Conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: Stuff they Don't Want You to Know is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.