Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to Renee all Day.
Speaker 2: I'm Renee Piquette, joining me right now, the chosen One.
Speaker 1: Who know Jamar Chase?
Speaker 3: Hey, how you doing? I'm good. How are you I'm great?
Speaker 1: How are we feeling feel good? Yeah? Yes, feeling good. How was it downtime for you? Was the off season like?
Speaker 3: It was good?
Speaker 4: A lot of traveling and I spent time with my son a little bit, and you know, just staying with family.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Where'd you travel to?
Speaker 3: Literally all over Cabo La Vegas, Miami, you know, but in.
Speaker 1: Like the US. Yeah, Cobos, Mexico. Come on. Favorite spot to vacation.
Speaker 3: At, probably Cabo Miami.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean Miami is great. I was just in town.
Speaker 3: I just got them. I like the boat.
Speaker 1: Scene, okay, the food scene.
Speaker 3: There's also not to prime one to twelve guy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's good stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: How does the season feel different for you?
Speaker 3: That doesn't feel too different.
Speaker 4: I'm just getting a little older, learning a bit more of the process of the offense still, and you know, just trying to make myself more usable.
Speaker 1: What would this version of Jamar Chase say to season one rookie Jamar Chase?
Speaker 3: What can I say to him.
Speaker 1: A wisdom for him.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, he did good his rookie year.
Speaker 4: I'll tell him to just continue to block out the noise and you know, just work on himself when he first comes in. You know what I'm saying, to try to avoid the mess to happen.
Speaker 1: What do you do to block out the noise?
Speaker 4: I can say ignoring, but then again that's like an everyday basis, So I feel like it's just more of stand tunnel vision on what you want to do and what's your drive that day.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 2: I mean, as much as you can say, don't listen to them, block it out. It's like easier said than done. Are you big onto social media?
Speaker 3: Not really. I'm on it, but I'm not too big on it.
Speaker 1: Good guy, It's nice.
Speaker 2: It's nice to just like take a breather and maybe don't take me in every little thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what ella is you? You changed your cleats a lot at half time? Yet yeah at halftime you were doing this. Is this like a superstition thing? Are you still doing this?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I still do it. Uh.
Speaker 4: I could say it's a little superstitious, but then again, it's just me being creative on like my own swag.
Speaker 1: And it's more about like a personality, not a feeling.
Speaker 3: Both.
Speaker 4: I like to look you look good, play good, look good, feel good, play good. So I gotta look good. And if I feel like I look good, I'm completely good.
Speaker 1: Amen. No, I'm with you one. So having a dirty shoe is a thing that drives you a little crazy.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say a dirty shoe.
Speaker 4: My feet get a little sweaty during the game, so I gotta switch out the cleats.
Speaker 3: That's another reason why I do it now.
Speaker 1: Foot powder is not going to do it.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 4: My feet slides in a shoe and you know, mess up the front of the nail. We always run routes and stopping on our feet a lot, so just making sure my feet don't slide mess up my toes.
Speaker 1: God, that's a lot of shoes to go through.
Speaker 4: I just finished cleaning all my locker yesterday and I probably had about thirty shoes in there.
Speaker 1: What do you do with them?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Tellia, they're just gone.
Speaker 3: Like them back.
Speaker 1: Can tell you how much attention are you are you playing? Paying to all of the different records that you have broken. Is that something that you kind.
Speaker 4: Of check in with maybe during the off season, just to give myself a couple of goals to come into the season with, you know, just stay on top of the on top of the yards, singing single season yards. Maybe try to break minds again. But I don't really stay on top of it no more. It's just like I write it down, put on my wall and see it every day and it's always.
Speaker 3: In the back of my mind.
Speaker 1: Are you still writing things on your walls? What's on there?
Speaker 3: I can tell you?
Speaker 2: Come on, give me like an idea of like what the Okay, well, I just.
Speaker 3: Do one of them and it's catches? How about that?
Speaker 4: Okay, most catches in a single season? Sure, Bengals player one twelve.
Speaker 1: The goal is set. Manifest it. Yeah, put it on that vision board. You're a great football player.
Speaker 3: We know this.
Speaker 1: But with that comes also being a big role model.
Speaker 2: Is that something that you were kind of anticipating with kind of getting into this and all the accolades that come with that. I mean seeing these kids, I mean seeing the video of you with that that young boy bricks to have that make a wish moment?
Speaker 1: What does that stuff all mean to you?
Speaker 4: I mean growing up, that's what you really want to do when you get older. But when you get older and you actually in it, you see as much more, you know what I'm saying. And you know, I'm just it's an honor to be in a situation and God giving me this opportunity to bless other kids, you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I'm just taking it as as a look from God and then enjoying the process and not just doing it as best as I can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really interesting because I feel like as you're you know, obviously as an ath that you have to be so laser focused on everything you're doing.
Speaker 1: How am I playing? What do I need to do?
Speaker 2: But when you start to see like, oh man, every little thing I do is so important to all these other kids.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's got to be interesting to sort of have that change of focus at a certain point in your career. Well go oh my gosh. Yeah, to have that moment with these kids and have them looking up to you like that, It's it's really cool.
Speaker 4: It is, especially like you know, going out to practice of seeing all the kids scream by name and stuff. You know, it gets overwhelming because you're trying to practice, You're trying to focus, but you know, it just lets you know that it's real life reality.
Speaker 1: To certainly well, as we look forward to all the touchdowns, are you ever going to stray from the gritty?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah I might.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to leave it alone, but I'm definitely like try some new moves and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do you prepare for that? Is it something that you're thinking about it?
Speaker 3: Like? How is this going to make a touchdown dance? Yeah? Now we think about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we set up, think about it and try to make it as popular as we can.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you do you have stuff? You've got stuff in the back pocket now right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I've been having stuff in the back pocket. I've just been nervous to do it. It's speci fine.
Speaker 1: So oh got it? Got it of course? Duh okay.
Speaker 2: So on complex, I saw how you put together all the money that you spent in your rookie yar, how you spent your first first million. What was the dumbest thing that you spent your money on?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't really buy a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: No, no, savor your savor, yeah, investor, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I would probably say just like partying wise, Yeah, I guess you could say, because you go to Miami, it's pretty expensive. So I've been to Miami like my rookie year, like training for over a month, and I think I found out I didn't want to work out there no more.
Speaker 2: Where can you go that's like cheaper Texas, Texas?
Speaker 3: Back home?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sure, I mean Austin's a good spot. It is traffic wise.
Speaker 3: Less so, but I don't see traffic when I'm out there working out.
Speaker 4: I'm usually like start by nine and at twelve back home at once.
Speaker 1: So you're good. Great Austin, Texas a little bit cheaper out there, and no doubt you're a gamer? Are you a gamer?
Speaker 3: Big gamer?
Speaker 1: What are you playing?
Speaker 3: Grand Theft Fotto RP and war Zone? Are you make games it?
Speaker 4: Well? I stream grand af Futto RP because it's it's like a world and I made it myself.
Speaker 3: So it's like my world and I come up.
Speaker 4: With the rules and stuff, and I have other people across the world playing with me, and I give back to them too.
Speaker 3: I'll follow them on Twitch.
Speaker 4: Rate them, okay, give them prizes and you know, just being given back to the community since they're spending money with me.
Speaker 1: Blows my mind.
Speaker 3: It's fun though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like a really good community time, like the social media aspect of things, I think, which is not that everyone says that. It's actually like a very Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm even trying to start a YouTube video for it too, so I could grow bigger too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'll be nice.
Speaker 1: That would be really cool. What else would you put on there?
Speaker 4: No, me just playing a game and just like different versions of games, like I try to have different clips of me playing the GTA and Call of Duty. And they got a new like Vampire game I just heard of. I want to try it out.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I'm really big on games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, we're talking a little hot something else to just steer the focus away a little bit.
Speaker 1: Talking about your relationship with Joe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me and him be knowing each other for five years now, and our communications has been growing pretty much every day.
Speaker 1: See, hard to communicate with.
Speaker 3: When you first meet him. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he didn't talk to me for about a good unless it was football related.
Speaker 3: That's the only time we talked. I can say that in college.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it took me a while just to mess with them, make them like he didn't do that. Yeah, he didn't do none of that. Yeah, And I was still a kid at the town, so I was a little playful.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's hard having relationships with people like that. You're like, do you not like me?
Speaker 3: Or a little too strange? Yeah, you know, it happens.
Speaker 2: I keep trying to do a little Burrow watch to try to get him to come do this show. Do you have any nuggets of advice for me on how to lure him in to sit down.
Speaker 4: Do some SpongeBob stuff that eases his mind into doing it. It's like, it's like, what's the word I'm looking for?
Speaker 3: I can't think about it. You got chick chick him into.
Speaker 2: Coming, Okay, lure him in just a little bait and sweat a little bait.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, SpongeBob. I don't know. Maybe talk about his cars.
Speaker 2: Like that car guy, car guy, your game, got your car guy a little bit.
Speaker 4: I've been hanging out with t Higgins. He's a big car guy right right, and big Tyler too. When I first got here, he helped me with cars.
Speaker 1: What are you driving currently?
Speaker 3: Multiple Cherokee chocolate?
Speaker 1: Oh to say something like that, I didn't.
Speaker 3: Know, Yeah, what did you assume I was?
Speaker 2: I don't know because I see some of these fancy cars and I'm not a car, so I don't have a clue.
Speaker 1: It's like over my head, like I have a JEPD Cherokee as well. I'm like, I have no idea. I don't know anything about it.
Speaker 4: But all right, at the fastest version of years, though, let's raise them.
Speaker 3: I don't think you want to. You don't want a safety safety, you don't want any of this.
Speaker 2: Nineties trends are the vibe. We love a good nineties trend. That's like the thing that is coming back. It's everywhere.
Speaker 1: So I have some nineties sayings and phrases to know just.
Speaker 3: How nine I'm a thousands of babies, just to let you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, I know this. This was actually like a rough thing for me. When I was like coming in to do these, I'm like, oh my gosh, everyone's so young. My references are going to be much different than yours. So we'll see if any of these land for you. Okay, alrighty, then do you know already?
Speaker 3: Alrighty? Is that is that one of them? Oh? Well, I say that all the time. I just don't use it.
Speaker 2: It's from ah Sventura have you seen a Ventura? No, Oh my gosh, this is gonna be painful. What is the first rule of fight club?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We don't talk about fight club.
Speaker 3: Oh I really don't now that one. I just that was clueless.
Speaker 2: We don't know it.
Speaker 1: It's okay, that's all right. I figured that you might not know any of these. Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
Speaker 3: I've heard of that.
Speaker 4: I don't know exactly where it's from. I feel like mixing in TV's gay you these questions.
Speaker 1: Forrest Gump? Do you know what the theme music to Friends is?
Speaker 3: The Friends that's on television?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I haven't seen that in like a year.
Speaker 1: I'm aging myself with this. By the way, so this is not you looking bad.
Speaker 3: This is me looking old and like I mean, I've watched it a bunch of times. But Ippy the Foot, Oh wow, yeah.
Speaker 1: I know that that's the one. That's the one who's the lead singer of No Doubt.
Speaker 3: I don't know who No Doubt is.
Speaker 1: Well, I've got to wrap this up. I guess Gwen Stefani No Doubt. It is just like, oh my gosh, it's so great. I'm gonna I'm gonna send you.
Speaker 3: Some of the music. I'm really horrible with this.
Speaker 1: I figured you would not know them. And again, it's just shining a light on my old ass to maybe.
Speaker 4: Next time we could do like a throwback movie. Sure yeah, Carlem Knights, that's like a real throwback.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love a good little throwback. Well, thank you, I need a little you know, steer in the right direction. I appreciate it. Thank you for hanging out with me for a little bit. Jamar Chase, everybody