Speaker 1: Hey, guys, ready or not, twenty twenty four is here, and we here at breaking points, are already thinking of ways we can up our game for this critical election.
Speaker 2: We rely on our premium subs to expand coverage, upgrade the studio ad staff, give you, guys, the best independent.
Speaker 3: Coverage that is possible.
Speaker 2: If you like what we're all about, it just means the absolute world to have your support. But enough with that, let's get to the showing. Good morning everybody, it's Tuesday. We have another similar show to yesterday. What do we have, Crystal, indeed we do.
Speaker 1: We're going to bring you all the latest of what broke overnight in that war between Israel and Hamas. A lot going on there, a lot of developments on our side here as well, so we'll bring you all of that. Also an update on just how wild some of the misinformation has been. I mean, you always have problems of things that are floating around, videos that are floating around that are fake. I don't think I've ever seen it as widespread as it has been in this particular conflict. That we'll give you some real extraordinary examples there. There's also a luck going on here too, though we've got updates in terms of that Republican House speaker fight. The update is sort of that there isn't really an update. There seems to be a complete stalemate. Kevin McCarthy throwing his hat back in the ring, and as of now he may have more support than anybody, so very hard to say how that is all going to shake out. We also have RFK Junior making it official yesterday he is leaving the Democratic primary running as an independent. Trump people come in at him guns blazing, knives out very different tone towards him than they were taking just a few weeks ago. So bringing that Governor k Newsom in California making some very interesting vetos on psychedelics, on condoms, on insulin. Got some details for you there. We also this just broke yesterday. Apparently the current president was just interviewed in connection with the investigation into him having classified documents at his house. So we're just learning about that. And we've got a look at an interesting divide that has opened up over on MSNBC over Israel and Palestine. Quite heated over there, so we'll bring you some of that as well, But we wanted to start with the latest on the ground unfolding in Israel and in Palestine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: So in terms of the latest developments, we can begin starting to play some of this. We've compiled some footage of what happened in the last twenty four hours. We're beginning here with Israeli strikes on Gaza in the Gaza Strip, Israel saying they've struck nearly a thousand targets. Some of this footage actually released, this one specifically by the IDF themselves, which shows multiple targets being struck there across the area. This also comes as a heated battle continues inside of Israel. They still have not one hundred percent taken charge of their border with the Gaza Strip. It's been what more than forty eight hours now since the attack. It's the fourth day that this has all been going on so far, and it's still a horrific failure. What we're watching in front of us right now is Gaza civilians reacting to a strike.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: We now have similar footage of Clarissa Ward from CNN who has had to take shelter in the middle of a rocket attack that was in coming. And then this is some really just heartbreaking footage of that Israeli music festival which bore the brunt of the terrorist attack in which multiple people were also taken hostage. So you could see all those cars abandoned, flashing back then to what presumably is in a religious sight inside of Gaza.
Speaker 3: And I think what this footage really.
Speaker 2: Displays is something we tried to highlight yesterday, which you know, this is as close you're probably going to get for most people to be able to see it with your own eyes. Just how densely populated the area is the third most third most densely populated area in the world. It's almost actually sotted akin to where we live right here Crystal in the DMV, but with three to five four times the population. That's what it would appear to be like, you know, if you were to make it analogous. And all of that also comes on the heels of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu making an address in Hebrew and in English about his anticipated response.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen to what he said.
Speaker 4: Israel is at war. We didn't want this war. It was forced upon us in the most brutal and savage way. But though Israel didn't start this war, Israel will finish it. Once the Jewish people were stateless, once the Jewish people were defenseless no longer. Kramas will understand that by attacking us, they've made a mistake of historic proportions. We will exact a price that will be remembered by them in Israel's other enemies for decades to come. The savage attacks that Ramas perpetrated against Israelis are mind boggling, Slaughtering families in their homes, massacring hundreds of young people at an outdoor festival, kidnapping scores of women, children and elderly, even Holocaust survivals Hamaster is bound burned and executed children. They are savages. Hamas is Isis. And just as the forces of civilization is united to defeat Isis, the forces of civilization must support Israel in defeating Hamas.
Speaker 2: Prime Minister Natnahu making that statement shortly after a development on the Hamas side. What we're about to show you is a translation that was made on Al Jazeera by Hamas in which they stated that for every air strike they would execute one of the hostages live and on camera. Let's take a listen to what they said.
Speaker 5: Over the past few hours, we suffered as a result of the harm inflected on our brothers and sisters at the hands of the family just barbarian Zionist attacks tarting residential buildings. Therefore, we decided to put an end to this. From this moment on, we announced that any targeting of anything civilians without warning will be met, regretfully to say, by executing one of the hostages in our custody, and we will be forced to broadcast this execution. We regret this decision yet, but we hold the Zionist enemy and the leadership the responsibility for.
Speaker 3: This horrific threat there.
Speaker 2: And it also comes on the heels of a major report yesterday from Washington.
Speaker 3: Let's put this up there.
Speaker 2: In a private phone call actually between Prime Minister Neta Yahoo and President Biden, he said, we have to go into Gaza, he said the President Biden, Israel does not have any choice but to unleash a ground operation in Gaza. Quote directly, we have to go in, the Israeli said. According to three Israeli and US sources or are briefed on the call, this is by a reporter here in Washington who is also Israeli. What he's message signals, obviously is that the country's response is going to look like in the days and the weeks to come, will be quote a long and difficult war. This also comes overnight Crystal as Israel actually mobilized another sixty thousand active reservists and now has a total of three hundred and sixty thousand actually who have been called up. That basically touches the entire country of Israel. You know, almost anybody at this point would know somebody who has been called up for the situation. There's also been some developments in terms of Lebanon. There have been some Israeli strikes that have been observed over the Lebanese border, unpresumably on Hesbola targets. We haven't seen yet any major escalation yet from Hezbola or official declaration of war that would have, of course touched on what we talked about yesterday, the two front nightmare scenario for Israeli war planners. But clearly we're still in the fourth day and we're almost in a holding pattern, and it's a terrible holding pattern because we know whatever is to be unleashed, it is going to be absolute hell for a lot of people. What really we are presumably seeing is that Israel believes that it needs to get total control of all of its border before any ground operation can be launched inside of Gaza. Hopefully, at least there have been some limited diplomatic communications. The Katari government, which does have an official relationship with Hamas, has been in active talks in order to try and release some of the hostages, or at least some of the American hostages. They are the main go between right now with the West. But that's really where the military situation stands right now. You know, like we've had strikes, we have border clearings and all that, and then of course we now have hamasang we'll execute people live on cameras, So stakes really couldn't be higher than they are right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're also continue to learn more horrific details about that Hamas attack on Israeli citizens. There were one hundred and eight bodies found at a single kibbutz, including peace activists. So it just shows you, I mean, it's just it's horrible. There's just no other way to say it. And my heart breaks for the people who have been affected by this incredible tragedy. And now we see with these roughly one thousand Israeli strikes inside of Gaza. They have not launched the ground invasion yet, all signs are pointing in that direction, with the massing of troops, with that Axios report that Sager was pointing to, saying, listen, we've got to go in. And so at the same time as you have obviously horror and outrage at the war crimes committed by Hamas, including now the use of civilians as hot hostage ponds, in all of this, you also see growing concern from the international community about war crimes from the Israeli side, including their announcement that they're going to have the complete siege, which announce effectively to collective punishment of all two point two million people within Gaza. Remember, as Sagar was saying, Gaza is densely populated, and remember all of the people there are not Hamas. Half of the population are children. The median age in the Gaza strip is nineteen years old. You have many people who are living in poverty already. The water is barely drinkable. There are efforts in place right now to try to establish some sort of humanitarian corridor so that people the many thousands of people who have already been injured in Israeli strikes can seek effective medical care because even before this now complete siege situation where they're denying food, water, electricity, fuel, et cetera, already they really suffered and struggled to have sufficient medical supplies in the Gaza strip. That of course now only exacerbated and with the death toll rising into over five hundred, including children, including journal this has become an urgent need. Let me just read you a little bit of what the UN Human Rights Chief said about all of this in terms of the full siege. They said on October ninth, Israeli authorities ordered a full siege of Gaza, shutting off electricity, water, food, and fuel supplies. This we're seriously compounding the already dire human rights and humanitarian situation in Gaza, including the capacity of medical facilities to operate, especially in light of increasing numbers of injured. The imposition of sieges that endanger the lives of civilians by depriving them of goods essential for their survival is prohibited under international human humanitarian law. Any restrictions on the movement of people and goods to implement a siege must be justified by military necessity or may otherwise amount to collective punishment. So it's a horrific situation. And you know, war crimes already being committed by both sides, beginning with Hamas with the whore that they inflicted on in Israeli citizens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, And you know, one of the nightmares right now is that there has no been any real development from the Egyptian side. I often feel that the Egyptians don't really get mess of the criticism that they deserve here as well. You know, they're participating in the blockade on Gaza, and the truth is that they don't want the Palestinians. Yeah, they don't want to deal with it what the Jordanians have had to deal none to the Saudis, not o of the Qataris. Most people contact me yesterday they're like, hey, why don't they just take them. I'm like, well, you know, they hate them too. Unfortunately, that's the truth. If we were to establish a humanitarian corridor out of Gaza, with the territory that they have with Egypt, there would be a credible case there.
Speaker 3: You could basically do what the US military did.
Speaker 2: You know, in the I think it was the first of the Second Battle of Fallujah, where they're look, everybody who doesn't want to fight, you should leave, and anybody who stays, you're going to be considered an active combatant because at the very least in that scenario you give people a chance to go Otherwise. It is but it is impossible. I'm not even to say virtual impossible. It is impossible then, to conduct military operations inside of Gaza, both from an air strike level and at a ground level without massive collateral damage. And you know, that is one of those where I keep actually thinking about what Trita Parsi said on our show yesterday, which was very, very prescient. He said, remember, after nine to eleven, the world was with America. It though our response to nine to eleven and eventually came to bide us such that we eventually created more international terrorism. Our response ended up killing, you know, untold numbers of more people than were even affected in the overall attack, and on net we came out far worse from our response than we did for the attack.
Speaker 3: The world a lot of the world right now is with Israel.
Speaker 2: A lot of the world is horrified by the attacks, even with the air strikes and all that their death toll in Israel appears to be appears we don't know yet from the official sources. At least nine hundred or so Israelis were killed in the operation, and there's I think about seven or eight hundred that have been killed on the Palestinian side.
Speaker 3: Some many of those actually are civilians.
Speaker 2: Will never really know what the actual breakdown is, but I think he is absolutely correct to flag for them. He's like, look, you kill ten thousand, you kill one hundred thousand, you know, I mean this, that's and that's not actually all that crazy when you think about how densely populated is if these people have nowhere to go, and that's why I think anybody who has any want and I understand there's a lot of bloodthirst and very obviously from a lot of size, but there's not you know, not everybody inside of these cities. It's just like Fallujah. Not everybody inside of Fallujah was a terrorist. A lot of these people were very well meaning Iraqis. They wanted nothing to do with this nonsense. And you know they saw their homes raised to the ground. Same thing in Mosl. You know, Isis took over Mosl. Does that mean everybody in Mosl was you know a terrorist. No, they were the ones who actually suffered the most. They hated them, and so I think it's just a very very unfortunate situation and I don't I don't think I see a way around it though, because Hamas is in some cases also they have a military necessity to try and to keep his many civilians as possible.
Speaker 3: They're telling many of those.
Speaker 2: People no, no, no, don't leave. That's just really propaganda. In some cases, they might even prevent them from leaving because they want to be able to use them as human shields.
Speaker 3: And these people are ponds. They're completely caught in the middle.
Speaker 1: Well, and they also have nowhere to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well exactly right now, they have nowhere to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Natanyahu made this statement of like leave now. They can't. They literally can't. I mean there's been a blockade on Gaza for sixteen years now before this complete siege situation with their high tech fencing and all of this. That was another piece that came out which is really wild to contemplate and kind of terrifying. You know, Israel spent millions and millions of dollars building this high tech fence with all sorts of surveillance apparatus around Gaza. They thought that was sufficient, and because of the extrememisteur in Netanyahu's governing coalition, they redirected many IDF soldiers to the West Bank to help protect the Jewish settlers there and the illegal settlements in and around the West Bank, and so there were very little troop presence there. And then all of their multimillion dollars super high tech equipment was basically disabled by like one hundred dollars off the shelf drones that Hamas was and that was their first thing that they did before the rockets, before the invasion, they disabled all of this high tech surveillance equipment again using this just like you know, one hundred dollars drones up against this multimillion dollar fence. And so it shows you, I mean, on the one hand, it's unbelievable if you think of that, I don't even I feel uncomfortable even using the word war because on the one hand, you have this, you know, effectively non state actor. On the other hand, you have one of the most well funded, powerful militaries in the entire world. Like there's no doubt, it's the asymmetry of the situation. And on the other hand, because of technology, you see how and this is something treat To Parsi talked about yesterday too. There is a bit of leveling of of the playing field in terms of the carnage that these sides are able to able to.
Speaker 2: Afflict on each other. Yeah, it's actually a very interesting lesson. A lot of people are saying that Hamas is learning from a ways that the Ukrainians are actually fighting against Russia, but that's really one where the US military also found that out in Iraq and in Afghanistan, we had billions and billions of dollars and then all it took was Iranians to give this one specific ied technology which could penetrate our like our humbies, and five hundred Americans were killed, thousands were mutilated, and then it took US billions and billions and billions of dollars to build like this one thing which would technically not you know, would not inflict the same amount of damage. There's the asymmetry and the part of the quote unquote untechnologically advanced has probably never been at a better position because they just have so many vectors. I mean, even with the music festival, who could have predicted they're literally going to he said, paraglide or hand glide.
Speaker 3: You know, into the facility.
Speaker 2: And how do you prodect against that other than having like literal physical troops on the ground. You can't technology your way out of this. And that's something though, that Israel has really pioneered over time. And just to underscore how Israeli society is preparing for the next couple of days, here was a report from Israel where they're telling citizens you need to shelter in place and have enough supplies to ride out the next seventy two hours because we don't know what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: Here's what he said.
Speaker 6: And so I think what the IDF Homefront decided to do is use this opportunity to remind all Israelis that according to the according to their regular guidelines, we should all be prepared with. All Israelis should be prepared with and stock up in their shelters. I think that was the intention, and that also explains I think perhaps the clarification that they issued following that, but already Israelis didn't wait for the clarification and many of them have taken to the supermarkets at this late hour of the day only simply because of that scary statement.
Speaker 2: So there we're actually trying to clean it up, saying, look, it's not imminent, but you just need to make sure that you have it. It does come though, at a time when rockets continue to rain down on Israel, even literally right as we speak, as a rocket attack going on with Tel Aviv Iron Dome is being tested probably to its absolute limit. And it does show you, you know, it's like people inside of Israel, I think, not only does everybody there it's a country of only ten million people. If you think about just Israeli citizens, if three hundred and sixty thousand people are called up, everybody has a son, a brother, an uncle, or somebody who is involved in the military operation in somehow or at the very least has been called you know, to their posts. But they also, you know, are very much feeling as if they are at risk, especially with all of the violence that happening continuing in the South. And I just think it's still so we you know, obviously we're going to continue to develop the war, but I don't know how Israel. Israel never be the same after this, just because so much of their adherence to the security state, their trust in the system, the unbelievable amount of power that they give to the government, and all that was you're gonna keep a safe here and make sure this stuff never happens again. But it's a massive failure. I mean massive. We saw the border fail We saw that they you know how I said this yesterday, Snowden made this point. NATONI who invests all this money in Pegasus one and in Pegasus two, they say they can tap every phone in Gaza. They say they we've got intel agents all over the ground. You know, there's even a joke that the Israeli people always make about like oh one in ten hamask guys Israeli informant.
Speaker 3: It's like, well what happened? And then same with Iran.
Speaker 2: They have all of these vaunted you know secure Oh we snuck a Massad guy into their nuclear reactor and we blew it up from the inside and all of this. Well, you know, if Iran maintains all these ties, how did you miss it? Same with Lebanon. So I look, we're never going to get over that one. Yeah, And I think that's a big, big question that remains.
Speaker 1: There continue to be a lot of questions about that Wall Street Journal report too, that were covered with Doctor Parci yesterday alleging per Hamas and Husbola that Iran was directly Now do we know that Aran backs Hamas and helps apply absolutely, like, there's no.
Speaker 2: Question about that.
Speaker 1: But were they directly involved in the planning of these attacks? That's the question. And there's been a lot of cold water poured on that report from the Wall Street Journal, both from the US side and from the Israeli side, which is really interesting. This is a good place to actually move on to some allegations of just how insane the intelligence failure here was. Because Soccer is absolutely right. I mean, the whole ability of Israelis to live and govern in the manner that they were was predicated on a high level of confidence in the intelligence and in the military, and they that has been shaken to its core. So that's why when you see these reports of like you got to get three, you know, days worth of food, there's just no confidence anymore that the government is going to be able to keep them safe. And this report is another real shocking development if true. Put this up on the screen. Egypt is saying, hey, we've warned Netanyahoo directly ten days ago that quote something big was going to happen, and you know, it wasn't extremely specific, but in one of the warnings, Egypt's intelligence minister, General Abbas Kamel personally called Ntnyahoo ten days before this attack, said that Gozans were likely to do something unusual, a terrible operation. And according to these sources in Egypt, Netnyahoo sort of brushed them off, and they were fairly stunned that the warnings were not taken more seriously. As we mentioned a few times, they were much more focused on these skirmishes between you know, residents of the West Bank and and Jewish Israeli settlers and the violence that was taking place there. Many of the troops had been redirected there. They said they felt like that was where the real risk was. They thought Gaza was fine, that they were placated. They were thinking of given them a few more thousand work permits and they thought that would be sufficient to keep things quiet over there. So at least according to this, which I will say Netnyah who's calling complete fake news and completely denying out of hand, but if this is accurate, I mean, this is another yet another stunning failure that you actually had information directly from Egypt saying something big is coming and you literally did nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think it's stunning too, because they specifically say that Netta Nya, who told this, is one of those where look, it's either true or it's not, and it actually should be pretty easy to verify. I personally have a decent amount of trust the Israeli media, as you can see here, is being incredibly critical of Neta Nyah, who both the Times of Israel and Herats are out for blood in their response, and they're like, look, we have here an Egyptian official who tells us directly that the intelligence minister who they name, personally called you ten before, days before the attack, and the Egyptian officials say that Netanyahu's response quote told the minister the military was submerged in troubles in the West Bank directly in his response in that phone call ten days before.
Speaker 3: Records are kept they have the phone call or not.
Speaker 2: Also, as we all found out during the Trump era, there are contemporary transcripts. They're kept on all of this. So if you're in the Israeli government, you should let somebody know. Let's let one of these grave great journalists in the Times of Israel Haratz know if that is true or not. What they also point out though, is that the Egyptian intelligence were One of the reasons why they would of course have great knowledge is not only do they participate in the blockade, they control one of those major land crossings that Gazin's you know, ostensibly might be able to use. And there's always been allegations that one of the major pathways of weapons into Gaza through these you know, Egyptian tunnels, of which the Egyptian government either controls or allows or disallows based upon their whims and whatever is good for their domestic situation. So they would have great visibility into what is going on inside of Gaza. And this is obviously, you know, one of the most authoritarian countries on earth currently Egypt under military dictatorship. So I personally would have taken this very seriously if something like this were to emerge. So Israelis also should be outraged at this. It also is interesting in terms of the response to the attack. The chief military spokesperson, he said that the army does owe the publican explanation, but he said now is not the time. Quote, first we fight, then we investigate.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: However, you know, it's one of those where a lot of questions still need to be asked here about how this came to be. And as I alluded to Haretz, as we characterize yesterday kind of as the New York Times of Israel continues to highlight some of the major failures of the Netanyahu government that could have led to this one of these, let's put this up there on the screen which they put out yesterday. Quote an actual quote from Netagnyah who openly in March of twenty nineteen, anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas. Nettayah who told the Likud Party Kanesset members in March of twenty nineteen, this is part of our strategy. And this was actually from a column that was written by an Israeli giddy whites and he just said another concept implodes, Israel can't be managed by a criminal defendant.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 2: A direct line now runs between judicial overhaul and the Gaza war. Netanyahu should ameliate, begging and go. We cannot expect introspection from him. The future inquiry must investigate how much time the Prime Minister has devoted to reform and how much listening to the military leadership, and they specifically highlight his political strategy about how to come back to power, tearing the country apart by basically he really is a lot like Trump, except and smarter. In my opinion, he basically is in it for survival, willing to do whatever it takes to remain in power, doesn't care about democratic norms or any of this, will ally himself with anyone as long as they are on his side. And the political expediency and all of that ripped the country apart, not only domestically but their intelligence community. And it's within that vacuum of chaos that this attack happened. And now Israel finds itself in a battle that they have not faced in fifty years.
Speaker 3: Well in country.
Speaker 1: And that's the immediate context, which is really important to understand that because Netan Yahoo was in trouble for his own allegations of corruption when she denies, that was the genesis of this fight to basically kneecap the independent Judiciary and Supreme Court, and that's what created this mass conflict and these protests and that's what you and also that's part of why his quest for power is part of why he ended up forming this coalition with these effectively like racist psychopaths on the hard extreme part of the Israeli spectrum. And they're the ones who were so intent on pushing forward with the illegal settlements and protecting these Jewish settlers over and above making sure that the gods of border were safe. So that part is really important in terms of the micro context. But that quote that we just had up there really speaks to macro context here too. As we said before, you know, in the West, we sort of maintain this fiction because we're far away and we can do it that. Oh they're you know, two state solution, and there's a path to that, and that's what we need to be pushing for. That's not what Netanyahu wants, our beliefs. He is very clear in this statement that he wants to thwart the establishment of any Palestinian state and the way to do that in his view, and this goes back also to the founding of AMAS, which was bolstered by Israelis in order to be a check on the PLO. His view continued to be, Hey, if you want to thwart the establishment. What you should do is build up from us. Why because it's going to be very unsympathetic. If you have these psychopathic terrorists who are the face of the Palestinian liberation movement, it's going to be very unsympathetic the idea of giving them any sort of a state. So let's build them up. That's the way to go in order to make sure that we, you know, are able to sort of short circuit any talk of a real peace solution to state solution or otherwise. And that's been the direction that you know, Israeli public policy has been going in. And at this point it's really not even just Yahoo and the hard right. This has become the status quo in Israel where it's like, you know, we think that the IDF is going to keep us safe. We think the intelligence is so great that we're not going to suffer any real threats. We can just sort of maintain the occupation and the blockade status quo and put the Palestinian out of our mind. And globally, this was the position adopted by the US internationally of Okay, under Trump, we're going to do the Abraham Accords and just pretend like the Palestinians don't exist. Under Biden, We're going to do this new Saudi Arabia deal, which very similar, and just pretend the Palestinians don't exist. That was the idea of how are they going to build this quote unquote new Middle East? And I think it really comes through in this quote how much of a failure that policy is and the fact that you are never going to have I don't care how many millions, billions, trillions of dollars you spend on your military and the high tech and the surveillance and all of that, if you really care about safety and security for your own citizens, for Israeli citizens, there will be no real safety and security until you have a some sort of a just and sustainable resolution to the you know, the apartheid conditions that Palestinians are currently living under, both in the West Bank and in Gaza.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope that will eventually get to that, you know, in this situation, but unfortunately, I just think so there's gonna be so much death and destruction.
Speaker 1: In the in the Middle and it's already happening.
Speaker 3: It is already happening.
Speaker 2: And as I said, it really could only get so much worse from here, especially if we see a full bone war breakout and we don't even see any attempts really at diplomacy or any of that, which I understand. You know, in some cases on the Israeli even on the Palainian side, they both feel like they're so all in at this point that they've got nothing else.
Speaker 1: The amount of dehumanization that has happened here, I mean is just.
Speaker 2: It's just I mean, you heard the hamask Gay He's like, you know what, He's like, it's unfortunate, but we're going to cut these people's heads off, you know on camera.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, and they have no qualms about murdering any Israeli.
Speaker 2: They yeah, exactly, they've been shooting up little grandmas and you know, even children. And then same thing, you know, I see the same I see videos of little tiny kids and babies getting pulled out of Gaza wreckage and.
Speaker 3: You're like, man, this is just it's so so horrific.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, you know, it's tax on markets, attacks on moss, raising apartment buildings to the ground. Again, half of Gaza children median age of nineteen years old. These babies are not Hamas, They are not terrorists, and they deserve life as much as these precious Israeli babies do as well.
Speaker 3: Let's move on misinformation. This was very important.
Speaker 2: As you could see, it's been trepidacious and difficult for us to continue to report on this just because we're not in Israel. I only know one person who actually has a reporter, Trey yangste shoutout amount yesterday. But it's been incredibly difficult to sort through what is true.
Speaker 1: And what is not.
Speaker 2: It's very reminiscent of the early days of the Ukraine War. Oh, Snake Island, the Ghost of Kiev. You know what else am I missing in terms of some of the hoaxes that were perpetrated at that time. And we have several examples actually that we can show you that a one user actually did a fantastic job of highlighting.
Speaker 3: So let's start with the first one. Let's put this up there.
Speaker 2: So this one, for example, this is a video that was circulating of a tower block in Gaza being hit. It was being circulated as if it had just happened. Turns out it was actually live during a BBC Arabic broadcast in May of twenty twenty one, and it was circulated widely all across as some sort of response by Israel. Yeah, it was a response by Israel, but it was a response in the last war in May of twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: Move on to the next one. Please.
Speaker 2: This one also is a you know, shows you the exact same thing. The video of a house in Gaza being destroyed by a strike quote is genuine, but it's from May of twenty twenty three, not as a result of the current escalation. So the same problem where we're taking old videos and in some cases not even that old, but it just happened, and then we're passing them around as if it had just occurred.
Speaker 3: Here's the next one.
Speaker 2: This one is being going around, has been shared a bunch of times shows israelly police and it was actually special forces outside of a house as you could see from their uniforms, not Hamas militants. This was a video that was being passed around of people allegedly going door to door when it was actually police and special forces who were trying to go door to door to make that every make sure everybody in the community is safe. And then the next one, this again does not show Hamas shooting down to Israeli helicopters because it's from a freaking video game of called Arma three. I think that one might be the absolute worst. And I believe we have one more that we can show, which is quote a actual tweet which was going around and saying, quote breaking, Israel has authorized a tactical nuclear strike on the Gaza Strip, Israel's advice to lead border settlement areas to avoid nuclear fallout, and of course that's not even true. Also, just everyone knows Israel's never even acknowledged having a nuclear weapon, even though they definitely do. And it's one of those where you know, in the heat of battle, as we will all remember with Ukraine, the Ghost of Kiev, Snake Island, many other of these stories that were passed around.
Speaker 3: We have no idea, you know.
Speaker 2: Even yesterday I said, based on a report that I saw of a first hand account from one source that there have been mass rape at the music festival, it turns out that is only from one single source, and that this has not been verified, and that the first hand nature of it has now been questioned. I have no idea whether it occurred or not. I felt though that I should say that here because that's obviously incendiary and horrible claim.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't put it past them.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't put it past people who are going to you know, massacre people and shoot them and take them hostage.
Speaker 3: Who God knows what happens.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be out of character you don't to see in a war, especially with ISIS in the past and Islamic terrorists. But I'm not going to say it until it's been one hundred percent verified. So you know, I could say that here, but that just goes to show you we're doing We're working so hard here Crystal, try and give people the best of information, and again and again we see crazy instances.
Speaker 3: This this is the craziest, one of the graziest ones.
Speaker 2: Put this out there place where this guy puts a puts out a tweet says, alleged footage of Hamas keeping children in cages? Why what purposes it serve? Are they Israeli hostages? Correction, they are actually they were Palestinian children that were being held in cages by Israeli law enforcement and army officials.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Interesting that one immediately got deleted. None of this, by the way, is to you know, bash whatever regime or you.
Speaker 3: Know, side.
Speaker 2: It's just to show you, like trying to sort through all of us, you have to be very very careful with what you see. It has to be verified multiple sources. You never know what's being out there. Things can be deceptively edited. Everybody. This is just Twitter, I mean, Instagram, Facebook, all this is rife with the same level. And you and I are not calling for misinformation or for you know, we're not calling for mass censorship or any of that. We are only pleading with you to do what we have to do, which is be very careful. Don't believe everything that you see. Try to make sure it's been verified multiple times. Definitely, don't just take something credulous because your friend posted it. You know, images like the kids image is so easy to be passed around.
Speaker 3: You know, the other one that we saw.
Speaker 2: The like we said, the special Forces. You can make something guys going door to door, something that was actually a heroic act into a nefarious act. So just calm wait, we don't know. The stories themselves don't need to be embellished.
Speaker 3: They're bad enough. The two ones you don't need to be pumping out you know crap.
Speaker 1: Well, and I mean I do think some of these people that are sharing this stuff, especially the people that even after they get called down on it, they don't take it down. I mean, I think it is actually malevolent in certain cases where they just want the clicks, they just want the cloud. I mean, the people who are like making video game graphics and sharing that crap. You can't tell me they don't know what they're doing. Come on, Ted Cruz shared that kids in Cage is bullshit after I mean this was days after it had already been widely debunked and like, hey, that's actually Palestinian children and that's not actually from now and this is totally wildly inaccurate. He still shared it, I think yesterday, So it's did he know about her? And I have no idea, but especially be careful when it fits whatever your biased, like pre existing bias is, when it fits your storyline a little bit too closely, really take a step back and really think about where's this coming from. Who's verified it, has it been double verified, et cetera. Here's another one. This was Jamie Lee Curtis who put this up on the screen, who was making a post that she thought was in support of Israel, and she just puts this captain this on Instagram, Terror from the Skies with the Israeli flag. That's a picture of Palestinian kids in Gaza who are afraid of bombing that is coming from the Israelis in retaliation. So she's actually accidentally making the exact opposite point of what she thinks she's making here, which is, you know, in defensive Israeli children. Instead, she's showing the horror that Palestinian children are also being subjected to. Right now, I have to say, Sager, you know we had a little debate before about community notes on Twitter. Yes, I have come to really appreciate community notes because it's a it's a.
Speaker 3: Thing of their own making.
Speaker 2: That's only they only need community notes because of the vast like like Ian Miles Chong right who I'm gonna call it. This guy has posted multiple things, so many completely wrong. He's only boosted in the algorithm because he frequently is a reply guy to Elon. By the way, he's never even been to America. I don't know if anybody knows that he's from Malaysia. Is constantly posting about.
Speaker 1: I know, I Milestrong as I wish I know less.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm only just like, why is this guy's feet you know, constantly in my feed posting all of these videos, and you know, it's like some of them are complete bs.
Speaker 3: So it's made me be like, Okay, now I can't trust anything this person.
Speaker 7: But that why the.
Speaker 2: Recent community notes end up being needed is because we have vast amounts of these crazy verified accounts like you know, like x monitor or whatever, which just post stuff and it has the blue check and people take it credulously and they amassed hundreds of thousands of followers and then what two three hours later you have a note. But honestly, at that point the damage is done. No, I'm not saying that they are just as bad. You know, in many cas they're probably just as bad as a mainstream media. I'm just saying like, in terms of the problem surrounding this and all that, I think that is just like a band aid on a much worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, Elon actively boosted, especially one account like warmont go follow them. They're great with updates, and then people start, First of all, they get things wrong all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Second of hope you were posting all of these like brazenly anti semitic comments from them, like these are the people you want folks to really follow. He deleted the tweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what War Monitor is a very I will say I do follow him because every once in a while he has stuff that is services. But he is one of those people, oh she I don't know who it is actually because it's an anonymous account, but he's like one of those people is like the Zionist regime. He literally refers to dead Palestinian soldiers as martyrs, just like, come on, man, you know, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, what are maybe not your neutral news?
Speaker 3: What are we're doing here? Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean I maybe because I've covered several wars and conflicts in the past.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like it's just a given.
Speaker 2: You know, if you went through Syria, if you went through Afghanistan, if you went through Ukraine.
Speaker 3: That's just for in the last like ten years.
Speaker 2: You should have a very very thick skin and be incredibly skeptical about a lot of the stuff that you sift through. But I do think that there are a lot of people who are coming online in this like obsession era area where I've noticed this really with Ukraine, where people who have never been Ukraine probably never even heard of Ukraine before Ukraine can tell you every unit where they are placed.
Speaker 3: They're like follow it.
Speaker 2: It's like a video game where a lot of people actually met some of these people. It's sounds scary. In most cases, they're losers and they really have a lot going else else in their life, and it's like they live vicariously through the conflict by going on our combat footage or whatever, Reddit or going on Telegram. Now that LiveLeak is dead rip to those who used to also frequent the site, and they like live through go pro footage and a lot of this other stuff. And that's actually what I think feeds the most of this misinformation because it's like a dopamine hit for people who like to play Call of Duty, which is why it is gross for all of us, because they're real people, real people's lives, and has a real impact in terms of the public's understanding of the situation.
Speaker 1: Let me also say, I mean this is like just the beginning of this because these are like you know, video game footage that's easily disproven, or you can go back and look and be like, actually, this is BBC footage from last year, not this current conflict, et cetera, which some of this, some of the things that were being shared as being in the current conflict, which we're like, no, that was actually a few months ago. Also goes to show you the level of the of continued violence that is going on here that you know, people just don't really pay attention to typically, But you know, this is before we really have transitioned into the era of AI and deep fakes and what could be generated there, and people are really going to need to be on their guard. And the number one thing you can do to inoculate yourself is to really really question anything that fits too neatly into your own bias. Be aware of what your narrative is, be aware of what your bias is, and really question yourself when it's video footage kids in cages that happen to fit your particular political ideology, because that's where people really get caught. And there are really malicious actors out there who just want the clicks and they really don't care whether it's accurate or inaccurate or whatever. And even if they end up deleting it, the fact they posted it and got you know, thousands of retweets and all this engagement whatever, and got the bump in their account from it and then they go and delete it like that's all they need to help to build their clouds. So there are a lot of very shady actors there, and don't find yourself caught up and when it's sad, because it makes us actually have to rely more on the mainstream sources, because it's so difficult to verify or trust anything that is being posted on Twitter in particular or other platforms at this point, because there is so much and don't even get me started on the friakin headlines being gone from the news articles, which is such a pain in the ass that is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's so many things that we could say. We just wanted to make sure that everybody kept that in mind, especially on what is likely to be a pretty crazy forty eight hours to come.
Speaker 3: Let's move on to the speakers race. We brought you the news yesterday.
Speaker 2: The speaker's race has been dramatically impacted and could be accelerated by the Israel conflict. They want to push as much aid to Israel as possible. They can't do anything in the House of Representatives until they elect a speaker. Now, though there doesn't yet seem to be any acceleration in the development. We brought you the news that there would be a meeting last night, and there was one, but doesn't appear that anything actually happened.
Speaker 3: Let's both this up there.
Speaker 2: The screen quote the GOP holds an emotional meeting on the next speaker fails to unite on one. They had multiple people come up and speak, they said. One member called it quote a therapy session. Others specifically called out the eight people. I believe chicken shit was the most polite thing that was said about all of them, about the people who actually kicked out Kevin McCarthy. However, there have been major cracks that have now unfolded. Two members say they will only vote for Kevin McCarthy. They're like, no, I won't vote for anybody else, I will only vote for Kevin. Some have united behind Congressman Jim Jordan, who is pictured there, who is openly declared and actually has a decent amount of endorsements. Some have united around Steve Scalise, the former Number two, who has also declared his candidate for speakership. Nobody has got two hundred and seventeen votes, which is what you actually need to become speaker. So this has spurned a new draft McCarthy movement back to his old job, which he said, yes, he also has the backing of New Gingrich.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen to that.
Speaker 8: Ninety six percent of the Republicans voted for McCarthy, four percent voter against him. From my position as a longtime Republican activist, they're traders. All eight of them should in fact be primaried. They should all be driven out of public life. What they did was to go to the other team, to cause total chaos. We ought to be focusing on Biden. We ought to be focusing on the economy.
Speaker 9: This is about a moment in time. This is about what America is going to do. Could you imagine if we were sitting here and we listened further to a Gates and Mace, that we were in a shutdown as we asked our thirty thousand men and women in the military in the Middle East to defend us without being paid. That the question around the world of what was happening here today. That's a decision by the conference. I'll allow the Conference to make whatever decision I'm speaker or not. I'm a member of this body. I know what history has had, and I can lead in any position it is.
Speaker 2: I can lead in any position it is. Doesn't sound like he's bowing out like he did just four y eight hours ago. What a crazy last eleven days you're talking about. It feels like everything's been had.
Speaker 3: The world has been accelerating since Diane Feinstein. It's only eleven days.
Speaker 1: He triggered like a hole in the matrix or something that I don't know. Maybe it might have been Trump that triggered.
Speaker 3: Probably a hole. Yes, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: Trump was really the one who actually activated the code. Matt Gets though, said put this up there on the screen. He was like, yeah, a lot of people does not equal to eighteen.
Speaker 3: Matt is real. It's time to move forward.
Speaker 2: After one of his colleagues, Congressman Mike Lawler, said that there are a lot of people who believe Kevin McCarthy is the right person to lead us. So I don't really know what exactly is going to happen. We don't seem any closer to two seventeen. We also know whenever it comes to the actual GOP, there will be another meeting tonight where allegedly they were going to have some sort of ballot process. One Congressman who did come out of the meeting said that they wanted to resolve everything either tonight or ongoing behind closed.
Speaker 3: Doors before that.
Speaker 2: They eventually were able to unite to two eighteen and then bring it to a vote on the floor in the House. Currently, the speaker election is still scheduled for Wednesday. There is supposed to be a vote on Wednesday for this, but the current indication in Washington does not appear that that it will be successful or that will be resolved. Could be wrong, something crazy could happen tonight, but I mean, I don't personally see a way.
Speaker 1: That could happen. I think you've got too many people who are too hard dug in. I mean, you've got a few folks who are saying, I will only vote for McCarthy. You've got other people, obviously in the Gates coalition, who will one hundred percent never vote for McCarthy. Steve Scalise out there kind of being like, hey, I'll be the middle ground, my personal guests at this point. Yesterday we brought you the reporting that they're trying to test the limit of what the like interim speaker ProTem was. His name mckenry, who's like the Plection party. Ally, they're trying to test the limits of what he can do as Speaker pro tem. And you know, up to this point, the conventional wisdom has been exactly what we've been saying, you can't do anything until you elect a new speaker. Well now they're starting to saying, well maybe you can. We need to get this is real aid done and we want to do this pro Israel resolution and whatever. It would not shock me if they just are unable to come to any sort of a resolution and he just ends up being this like interim speaker for quite a while, while you know, they could even go until the next election. I just it's hard for me to see how this gets resolved. And usually if there is a path of inaction in Washington is available, that is the path that will be taken. Like the status quo doesn't require anything hard, doesn't require any negotiations, doesn't require anyone to do anything, just continue on this course. That's how you end up with all of these like continuing resolutions and no real budget process and all of that is just like this is the default. So it wouldn't shock me if they just, like figure out a way to kind of maintain this weird in between status quo. I think that's certainly a possibility at this point. And the other piece, Sagar, that we were talking about some yesterday is, you know, now you've got this desire for additional Israel Aid, which the Republican caucus is as far as I know, like one hundred percent united behind and very adamant in favor of. And then you still have the Ukraine Aid that many Republicans and basically I think all of the Democrats want to see pass and Joe Biden wants to see passed. The new idea is, hey, we'll put these two things together and that's how we'll.
Speaker 2: Get it through.
Speaker 1: And it would not surprise me whatsoever if that's what ends up happening.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't surprise me either.
Speaker 2: The only benefit that we might have is that Ukraine, oh sorry, Israel Aid is actually on autopilot the last time that it was passed. They have a three billion dollar per year appropriation that doesn't have to be reauthorized every year as I understand it, that has not been fully drawn down or whatever from that pile, so they may not even need more aid to be appropriated, and they probably will still give it, just as a symbolic method, just saying though it's not like they it is a scenario in which they don't have to pass any new Israel AID. And if you don't have to do that, then you don't have to pass anymore Ukrainian.
Speaker 1: But you know they want more Israel.
Speaker 3: Of course they want more. We'll see how it works out.
Speaker 2: I'd be very interested because it would be I think very difficult for many even anti Ukraine AID Republicans to vote against that if they tie it together. At the same time, they could be like, no, you're we're not going to allow you procedurally to tie that together. And then also some Democrats could vote against it, might split that coalition, although who the hell knows so procedure.
Speaker 1: Yet many Democrats who vote against Israel AID. There's like maybe like three, you know, because like.
Speaker 3: Receeded to leave.
Speaker 1: Maybe Ilvan Omar May I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's hard to say, but it be a lot. So yesterday RFK Junior making it official, moving out of the Democratic primary and into a run as an independent. He gave a big speech in Philadelphia. Let's take to listen to a little.
Speaker 10: Bit of that at hotels and malls on the street, and they remind me that this country is ready for a history making change. They are ready, they are ready to reclaim their freedom, their independence. And I saw that. I thought that what you saw, and that's why I'm here today. I'm here to declare myself an independent candidate.
Speaker 1: So there you go, as I said, making it official. Independent run. Doesn't look like he's going to affiliate with any party, the Democrats, not the Republicans, also not like the Libertarians or another third party. Fully independent, difficult to get ballid access, et cetera. But he does have a good amount of money behind him. So if anyone could pull off a lot of ballid access in a number of states, I think he would be, you know, a person who would be well positioned to do it. He's also got a decent level of support and certainly significant following online and elsewhere. One thing that has been very funny about this though, is up to this moment, a lot of Republicans, especially a lot of Maga Republicans loving are of k Junior. You know, they wanted to hear everything he had to say about vaccines, about Fauci, his latest book, was about, you know, anti doctor Fauci, wanted to hear everything he had to say about like online censorship and misinformation, wanted to hear everything he had to say about Ukraine. Now they're feeling a little bit different now that he's running as an independent and not against Joe Biden, because there are some indication we'll get this into this in a minute, that he may take more votes from Donald Trump than he does from Joe Biden. So put this reaction up on the screen. This is from GOP chairwoman Roni McDaniel. She says RFK Junior cannot hide from his record of endorsing Hillary, supporting the Green New Deal, fighting against the Keystone Pipeline, and praising AOC's tax hikes. He is your typical liberal and voters will not be fooled. And this is an official RNC statement in the same direction. Actually put up on the screen. I think it's the last element we have in this block which shows you the way that Trump was talking about him very recently as well. He was praising RFK as a common sense guy. He said, this is on a radio show. He's a common sense guy. So am I. So, whether you're conservative or liberal, common sense is common sense. A lot of what I run on is common sense. He's doing really well. I saw Paul, He's at twenty two. That's pretty good. That's pretty good, doing very well. So obviously a bit of a shift in the vibes towards RFK Junior coming from the right at this point, so our.
Speaker 2: Time shift that we are seeing there, and yeah, I mean, look it last time. I think independent is going to be a tough gig. As you said, if anybody could do it, it definitely could be him. Getting on the state and or getting on the ballot in off the states is absolutely no joke. Otherwise you have to rely on writ in At this point, I mean, RFK Junior has set himself I take more votes than I do from Trump. He has also had that campaign insider that lead to media. We're going to fuck Trump is what they said. So I mean, maybe that's their goal, or maybe they just don't care because he wants to be able to get his message out there. I honestly, I think that probably is it. I think that he has achieved. This is the pinnacle really of any of his public profile that he's ever had. He sold millions of the real Anthony Fauci. He's been able to be on every podcast that would have him. He's become I wouldn't say he's a household name yet, but I mean he's definitely dramatically increased his profile and increased his profile specifically on visibility on issues that he cares.
Speaker 3: A lot about.
Speaker 2: So honestly, it's probably that's most people get into this business, the independent run business specifically to do that. Look at a guy like Cornell West. I mean Cornell West at this point what he switched from People's to Green and now he's independent like OURFK Junior.
Speaker 3: The reason is that Cornell West cares.
Speaker 2: Deeply about ending the war in Ukraine and about some racial justice issues which he uses his platform in his campaign to highlight. So from that point, I honestly do think it is a success really on both of their parts. They're also, though media really highlighting some of his siblings that we have here. Let's put this up there on the screen. They long have differed very much from RFK Junior, some of his literal own siblings. That Bobby might share the same name as our father, but he does not share the same values, vision, or judgment. Today's announcement is saddening for us. We denounce his candidacy. We believe it to be perilous for our country. Not the first time that they have done something like that.
Speaker 1: I think it takes I think it's this is very difficult for them to do though, you know, to go against their own brother in such a public way like I think that's a very difficult thing.
Speaker 3: For me personally.
Speaker 2: My sister could do anything. I'm just it's not gonna happen, and I would hope vice versa.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think that's like a horrific and tremendous betrayal personally.
Speaker 2: However, they could do what they want. It's a complicated family. Who knows how close that they all are. This is irrespective of his ode views or whatever. I do think it is interesting that sea Pack is still scheduled to have him speak.
Speaker 3: Let's put this up there on the screen.
Speaker 2: They announced that RFK Junior, Vivik Ramaswami and quote other key influence and influencers will speak at the Sea Pack Investor Summit. Here's what mattch Slapp specifically had to say.
Speaker 3: Robert F.
Speaker 2: Kennedy Junior has a unique voice in advocating for the defunding of the weaponized bureaucracy ensuring the constitutional right of medical freedom. Kennedy has joined such an important event in a reflection of the splintering left wing coalition that has gone full woke Marxist to the point that traditional liberals don't feel welcome anymore. The breakup of the left wing coalition is occurring while the conservative coalition has the hopes of adding more blacks and Hispanics who reject gender and sanity, the effects of the terrible economy and the destruction of their once safer neighborhoods. Match Lab, chairman of Seapack stated, Now, the reason why I think that is so fascinating is that Seapack wants to have him on and honestly, they even announced it ahead of his independent run. Yeah, but the RNC is like, no, no, no, he's a traditional liberal. And I've said last time around that I specifically saw one MAGA influencer was like, I very honest, He's like I elevated RFA Junior because he was a useful cudgel against Biden. But now I think he's going to take more votes away from Trump. So I'm going to start elevating all the terrible like liberal beliefs that the guy has, and you know, I mean it's kind of honest. So I think that's the phase that we're in now. Oh, Republicans are going to at least very clearly Republicans who care about the election are about to turn a hardcore on RFA Junior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like this Seapack description and invitation whatever is from like a month ago the good Like, I think if this event was happening a month in the future and things invites had been sent out a month from now, I don't think he would be on the list. They certainly would not be like highlighting him and propping him up in this particular way because Seapac is very closely associated with like just the mainstream over the Republican Party and match Slap has been a big Trump booster and all of that stuff. So yeah, this feels like it's a little bit out of date. And I even saw in the post on Twitter underneath of this, all of the replies were like, he's just a liberal and he voted for Hillary and blah blah blah. So already the message has gone out and the view of RFK Junior among the Republican bases really shifted, which begs an important question, which is, you know, there is Donald Trump in particular has so much sway with the Republican base that now that he's very clearly turning on RFK. And we have a piece here, the one from Semaphore. Guys, this is D six gotten put D six up on this. They have a report that says Team Trump ready's attacks on RFK Junior. And I think we've got a quote here too that is pretty explicit how they're going to go about this. They say, we're going to be dropping napalm after napalm on his head, reminding the public of his very liberal views dating back to twenty twelve. We have a lot of stuff on him. So that's how Trump world is thinking about this, and I just have to think that the view of him among Republicans is set to totally flip, because you know, he was being he was. Tucker Carlson really liked him, Steve Binnon really liked him. He went on all of these like right leaning or right coded podcast and talked about the issues where they had a lot of agreement and didn't talk about any of the issues were, either now or in the past, you might have some disagreement. So I wonder if that's going to change how he's viewed among the electorate and who he's going to actually perform well with in terms of a general election. So this is why I've always been skeptical of the certainty that he would take more votes away from Trump than away from Biden, because, for one thing, Trump support is way more locked in, Biden's support is way more squishy. For another thing, he's Kennedy. The name is just really automatically associated with the Democratic Party. And for the last thing, Republicans are great when they decide you to like rip someone apart and you know, brand them as a trader and someone who's anathema to their base. And that's the process that he's entered right now. So in any case, it's still not clear to me how the Kennedy vote will shake down. And I also I saw a poll that recently had him in there in like a three way. He's getting a significant percentage of the vote, but in terms of when people actually go to the ballot box usually ends up being a lot less significant than what they're telling bolsters in advance.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a great point. Some of the attacks that they're reading are very funny. Quote, we are going to be dropping napalm after napalm on his head, reminding the public of his liberal views dating back to twenty twelve.
Speaker 3: Quote, we have a lot of stuff on him.
Speaker 2: They previewed one Daily Caller story that was just public says RFK Juniors once said farmers were worse than beIN Loaden months after nine to eleven. To be clear, he was he was going to get that's context. Factory meat integrators are more threatening to democracy than osaam in Laten.
Speaker 3: He's a long time I mean, perstly I would not have said it.
Speaker 1: The Hillary vote is a tough one. Hillary, Yeah, Hillary is the endorsement and vote is a tough one. And you know, if you get that out widely to the Republican based and people who are like right leaning, how do you think they're going to feel?
Speaker 3: Also on Trump? I mean even on our show.
Speaker 2: I'd have to go back and to watch the clip, but I remember we asked him about Trump and he's like, no, I disagree with Trump on plenty of it.
Speaker 3: You're not allowed to see it. You're not allowed to say.
Speaker 2: That whenever you are somebody who's supposed to be appealing to Republican that said, you know, look, there's maybe an independent ish group of people that are out there that might vote for him. So I don't know. I mean, I think about so Oliver Anthony. I feel like that discourses just so many lifetimes ago. But I listened to his podcast with Joe Roe because I was like, I want to get it. I want to hear about this guy and what he has to say. And he was like, well, you know, Trump did a lot of bad things too, like Operation Warp Speed. And I was like, oh, interesting, So you got all over Anthony here. By his own admission, he's not a two party guy or whatever. But his only criticism he's got main Christism. He got right now of Trump. It was about Operation Warp Speed, the vaccine program. Yeah, And I was like, well, maybe there's people like him who vote for our page Junior.
Speaker 3: There's a decent percentage of people who are like those are.
Speaker 1: People who would probably if Push came to shop, he would vote for Trump.
Speaker 2: If Trump, So then I'm like, okay, then I definitely do see the Trump spoiler quote unquote element to all of this and a very legitimate constituency. I don't know how big the constituency would be, maybe six seven percent or whatever of the country, but it's not nothing. I mean, Ross Perot was able to get twenty. The question two comes to OURFA Junior's strategy. Parro was able to get a huge chunk of the vote because she said a ton of money and he was able to buy big spots. And media was also different at that time with a monoculture, so a lot of people were forced to watch it. So I'd be curious to see how he gets how he gets his actual message out there from now. For now it's been podcasting. I think that was actually successful to get him to the point where he is. But I do think he's got to He's got to take it to another level.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that looks like, though, I mean I do think the core, you know, I listened to some of his speech, read some of the transcript of his speech. The core of his primary message is very popular. It's anti corruption, and it's anti Biden and anti try it's anti the two parties, and that is very like if you look at the polls, it's very popular. There is a historic number of people who are interested in a third party, who are disgusted with the two choices that are on the ballot. And you know, do I think that there's enough of an opportunity that RFK Junior would be the next person. No, I don't think that. But if he's able to overcome some of the logistical hurdles, do I think that he has an opportunity to grab some portion of the electorate, some non significant, some not insignificant portion of the electric Yeah, I absolutely do, because I think the fact that you have him, you have Cornell West, you may have this like no labels corporate candidate, like neither one is slavish enough to Wall Street out there as well. I think these are all signs of just the level of dissatisfaction that you have in the population about really Trump versus Biden again, really like I don't want either of these dudes. Give me something else. And so while the you know, electoral landscape still is what it is in terms of first past the posts and no rank choice voting and the structural barriers to get on the ballot, I mean those are all still probably insurmountable obstacles to any valuable third party candidate. You know the fact that you have so many candidates who are well known and have some funding behind them jumping into this thing, I do think is a real sign of just how disgusted Americans are with their total lack of real democratic choice, either on the Republican or the Democratic.
Speaker 3: You're very right, Rassel, All right.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about a presidential contender. Would be somebody's looking his shops to get in and whenever Biden is done. That would be Gavin Newsome. Kyle Is coined the term greasy Gavin, which I think is actually I don't mind it not too shabby, allow, yes, not too shabby. And part of why it fits is because very hard to pin down what this dude actually thinks or believes outside of his very clear belief in his own abilities and ambition. He just issued a slew of vetos that are really quite something. Let me go through all of them. Can talk about him on the other side. This is not even all of them. There are a number of others, but these were some of the ones that stuck out to me. So put this up on the screen. You have a This is a Democratic legislator Alex Lee, who says he's extremely disappointed that the governor had vetoed a social Housing Act that would have built more social housing in certain specified areas in California. Of course, California estate with maybe the worst housing crisis in the entire country in terms of affordability. Gun put this next one up on the screen. This one might be a surprise to a lot of folks. California Governor Gavin Newsom veto to bill that would have decriminalized psychedelic mushrooms. And this is you know, similar legislation has actually passed here in DC past, an organ passed in a number of places. This is sort of the next front after marijuata legalization is legalizing psychedelics and also enabling research on psychedelics. There's a lot of evidence at this point that it can be beneficial for treatment. A lot of veterans have found a lot of comfort and ability to overcome PTSD using psychedelic mushrooms and other psychedelics. So vetoed that we also have put this next one up on the screen. Veto to bill to make free condoms available for high school students, citing cost would have been a few million dollars. California is facing a significant budget deficit, so that's why he's saying no free condoms for high school students. And then this last one we oh, this one we talked about before. This was significant in terms of being anti labor. Vetoed a bill that would ban driver lists big rigs. Labor very upset over this one. Silicon Valley very happy over this one. He had also vetoed that bill that would have provide unemployment insurance payments for striking workers. Hollywood very happy with him, and Hollywood donors very happy with him over that particular veto. And then the last one we have here is he vetoed a bill aimed at limiting the price of insulin. It would have capped insulin copays at thirty five dollars a month. I believe that it was. Now he has taken and this is part of what's so perplexing. He has taken some significant steps towards curbing insulin costs. They're actually spinning up a public insulin program in the state of California where they are actually going to manufacture insulin at low cost and compete directly with pharma in terms of insulin. So it's not like he's done nothing here. But Sagara, when I look at all of these things and when I try to piece together, like what is the overarching philosophy here, it really becomes very clear. It's follow the money, you know, if it goes against We've seen him before. He really stimied this Medicare for All push, which was something he had pretended like he was in favor of. Well guess what, the health insurers didn't like it, and so he had their back. They don't like this insulin thing. He has their back again, you know. On the labor stuff. Very clear. So the two biggest donor sets in California and really for the Democratic Party overall, are Silicon Valley in Hollywood. So he's not going to get crosswise of them with regards to labor. The condon one who knows I can get inside.
Speaker 3: Of his head one.
Speaker 1: But with even with psychedelics, you might think that when like what's going on there?
Speaker 3: I actually was curious about that one. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: You know what, This won't surprise you, like, yeah, pharma does not is not in favor of psychedelic legalization want because they want to. They want you to be on anti anxiety antidepressants for the rest of your life, and with psychedelics, according to the early research which has been conducted, you don't take it. You have you know, a few doses supervised, et cetera in a certain fashion, and then you actually may have a chance at real recovery. Not being on a pill for the rest of your life. That's not very profitable. So there's a big pharma angle here in terms of the hallucinogen that.
Speaker 2: Is extraordinarily dark. I'd heard it before, but this may be the most you know, stunning example of that. I just think all of this he's running for president. There's just no question. I think he's getting himself and gearing up for you know, the black Swan scenario should something happened to Biden or Biden drop out or something.
Speaker 3: Like yeah at the last minute, very unlikely to be clear.
Speaker 2: But he's gearing up and then he's just going to mount a campaign like this over the next four years. His Sean Hannity play incredibly smart. I thought it was with the smartest things that he's done so far, because it shows that he can go into enemy territory. Democrats love that, you know, like Boomer, Democratic voters like Gavin's given it back to Shawn Yeah. And then he's got the centrist donor play. He's the governor of the most populous state. Look, I hate to say, I think his power levels are like the highest I've ever been, despite COVID, despite so many awful things that the man has done, but the centrist push on crime, on homelessness, combined with donor, combined with he breeds.
Speaker 3: He can speak.
Speaker 2: He's not unpopular like Kamala Harris. This is a serious contender absolutely.
Speaker 1: So you can see very clearly the lane that he wants to occupy. It's kind of the Pete buddhachicch lane. It's like, I'm gonna be a donor, Darling. I'm gonna have all the money in the world, tech money, Silicon Valley money, tech money and Silicon Valley money in this thing, Hollywood money, all the money in the Democratic Party. I'm going to make sure those donors absolutely love me. And I'm gonna be this like resistance Darling, because this is what Pete always did. I'm gonna go on Fox News, I'm gonna mix it up. I have endless confidence in my ability to joust with Rohnda Santis or Sean Hannity or whoever you put in front of me, and they both are very like verbally skilled in those arenas. I don't think there's any denying it. And so I'm going to have the vibes of being this like fierce resistance fighter while having this very like status quo donor friendly traditional approach. Listen, I hate it, but a lot of Democratic voters have really found a compelling The media absolutely eats it up, and so you know, I hate to say it, but I do think it's a like savvy play in terms of how he's positioning himself likely for twenty twenty eight. But if something crazy happened twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: People are like, oh, are you saying you like Evan. I'm not saying that at all. I don't like Avin Newsom. I can't say Gavin Newsom, but I, as you said, Chrystl, I understand the electorate. This is you got to put it on your analysis hat and look at candidates who are successful and the median voter, the median Democratic voter in this country is a fifty five.
Speaker 3: Year old white guy with no college degree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those people love Gavin. I mean, yeah, it's you got to understand their media consumption, where they're coming from, what they actually get animated by when it comes to policy, like your Thanksgiving table is a far better barometer of what actual voters and people think about politics and the type of people who they engage with on that level, and for that, Gavin is absolutely the best position out of any person in the field for that category.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the other thing, is he's done enough on the like these are all betrayals of progressives obviously, and of labor and love veterans and all kinds of people. But he's done enough on the other side of a coin to when he wants to talk like he's a progressive.
Speaker 3: Good point. Twenty dollars a twenty dollars wage.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, fast Fee signed a bill that gave all fast food workers at large chains twenty dollars an hour in the state of California. And you know they have really I think California may have the lowest uninsured rate in the country now. So it's not like he's made no progress in terms of health insurance coverage. The insolent play is another example here. The push towards the electric vehicles another example. So there are things that are that are real that he can point to when he wants a position himself as a progressive. But when it comes down to key concerns for his base of donors, he's never going to get crosswise with them. All right. So we've got another big story that just broke yesterday, which is that, let's go and put this up on the screen. Joe Biden, it appears, has just been interviewed by Special Counsel Robert Herr over that classified documents probe. This happened over the course of two days. Here's the statement from the White House Counsel's Office spokesperson person Ian Sam's the President has been interviewed as part of the investigation being led by Special Counsel Robert Hurr. The voluntary interview was conducted the White House over two days Sunday and Monday, and concluded Monday. As we have said from the beginning, President in White House are cooperating with investigation as it has been appropriate. We provided relevant updates publicly, blah blah blah. We'd prefer other questions as the Justice Department at this time. So as a reminder, you guys probably know there were a bunch of classified documents after the whole Trump, FBI, mar A Lago Rate, etc. Then they found or revealed that they had found a bunch of classified documents in Joe Biden's home, in particular in his garage, I think, also at an office that he had here in DC as part of one of his like think tank centers that he put his name on, and quite a number of documents. We don't know a whole lot about what they contained. One thing that you know, they would point to and I think is accurate. That's different is there doesn't appear to have been the level of obstruction and trying to hide these documents and fighting with the you know, with the folks who were trying to bring them back when they were subpoenaed as in the Trump instance. However, this is obviously not great for him, and a reminder that you know, this is an ongoing investigation and listen, if we care about how classified documents are handled, then you got to care about him, whether it's a Democrat or Republican who is mishandling them.
Speaker 2: And also, you know, this should be a bit of a scandal because there was a lot of questions or where the hell is Biden?
Speaker 3: What is he doing?
Speaker 2: Nobody knows where the hell he has been over the last two days. You know, during the Israel it is typical, but it was even more than normal. Like, for example, on the day of the attack on Israel, they were having like a White House barbecue, which was the only publicly scheduled thing.
Speaker 3: All they did was put out written statements. He appeared on camera.
Speaker 2: Then later on the next day, yesterday, the White House had no publicly scheduled events, and then the statement drops in the middle of the night, of course, during a major international crisis where the President sat for almost two whole days with this investigator. So clearly they're trying to bury it. And I think you've got very convenient timing in terms of what's going on with Israel, because it is a reminder that it turns out that all of these guys think they are above the law. They really believe that the classified documents are theirs. It's like a height of narcissism. And I don't particularly care because a lot of these are probably out of date or all of that.
Speaker 3: It's just more the idea.
Speaker 2: Like in one case with the Biden docs, they're stored in his garage where he keeps his Corvette, which is why they're safe. But just to give you an idea of how personal he thought, they were intermingled with files that described like his son's funeral, right, It's like that's the level of person of how personal that they felt that these documents were theirs and they're not. It just shows the staff and them and how they really believe that they can do whatever they want. There are so many things in which the president of vice presidents, some of these people, they really believe that they're kings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because remember that Mike Pence the same.
Speaker 3: Thing, you know.
Speaker 2: It's and oh it turns that Jimmy Carter did the same thing, you know. And it's just so many of these people Hillary Hillary, Oh that's all the Hillary wok. It's been a long time, but that one is so much worse than anyone else. Gets to the whole like I'm special, I'm the most important personal.
Speaker 1: I think she should have been charged. I don't think hers is worse than Trump though, just in terms of the level of classification that he held, and now the reports that he was like you know, blabandos trying to sell like what was missile systems to Australian black volts clear information.
Speaker 2: The whole Australian billionaire thing that I'm not to say it's been totally debunked, but some of the reporting questions around that, I'm just saying in terms of that, I'm not denying I agree with you had bad classified information.
Speaker 1: They had very highly classified information. And then when they were like you need to give this back, he was like, what information? And then he's secretly out allegedly blah blah blah. He's telling his staff and his maintenance workers to move boxes around to hide the stuff. We're talking and we're talking about like, you know, not the not the type of thing that's like bullshit classified, which much of classified information is bullshit classified. We're talking about stuff that is like, Okay, if you're going to have anything be secret, this should be probably secret. So I do think his is an order of magnitude different than the she was secretary of State.
Speaker 3: Don't forget about the bleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there was nothing like that was that that we know of. That's fair that we now listen again, I think she should have been charged. So I'm in favor of indictments all around. That's my state of position. Next piece we wanted to bring you here is there's an interesting rift that has been revealed or exacerbated or underscored by what's going on with Israel and Gaza right now within the Democratic Party. And yesterday we talked to you about the numbers in terms of Gallup and how much there has been a shift within the Democratic base that is reflected by a few Democratic members of Congress in terms of who their sympathies were taking this particular situation out of it, who with whom their sympathies lie more in the conflict between Israel and Palestine. You now have a majority of Democrats who say their sympathies are more with the Palestinians than they are with Israel. That is a dramatic shift over the past decade or so. It's a new development. I think it's led largely by young people who have a very different view of this conflict than their parents do, even you know, Democratic parents. As I said, it's reflected in a few of the younger squad members who have been elected Corey bush Rashida talib ilhan Omar and others at various moments depending on how they're feeling. And so you have also had this schism really open up over on the Democratic Party's party organ media, which is MSNBC. So you had the head of the ADL, the Anti Defamation League, go on Morning Joe and really blast the network's coverage of this current Israel Gaza conflict in quite unsparing terms. Let's take a listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 11: So, while I am sad and cope trying to cope, I'll be honest, I am angry. I am angry with the world that allowed the dehumanization of Israelis and sanitized the terrorism of I must say, I love this show, and I love this network, but I've got to ask who is writing the scripts Hamas the people who did this. They are not fighters, Jonathan, They are not militants, and I'm looking right at the camera. They are terrorists. It is a barbarian who rapes and brutalizes women, who tear kills children in front of their parents, and then brings them over to Gaza, who literally we've heard all these reports and we know these aren't just reports. These were filmed gleefully by the barbarians who committed these grotesque crimes them. So I just think, like, guys, get this story right, and all these pictures of like you know, missiles or the rubble in Gaza. Please talk to the Israeli mother and fathers who lost their children, talk to the grandchildren whose grandparents were seized as hostages, and please stop calling this a retaliation.
Speaker 1: So there's a lot I could say about that. I'm going to hold off for a moment because based on his commentary, you would think that MSNBC was like go Hamas, yes, right, yay for the murdered Israelis, that there was no images of the Israeli bloodshed, no compassions for the Israeli citizens. And what he's really alluding to here, even though he doesn't come out and name names, is three anchors in particular, Amon Moyldan, Mehdi Hassan and Ali Felshi, all of which have international backgrounds, many of whom have covered this conflict on the ground for a long time or have roots directly in the region. So I want to play for you a little bit of the commentary that he's reacting to to show you I think the distance between how he's traying it as being like Hammas talking points versus how they were actually speaking about the conflict let's take a listen to.
Speaker 2: Know a little of that.
Speaker 12: When we talk about Gaza in the West. For a lot of people, it's very easy to conflate Hamas, which is a militant group that carries out acts of vicious terror, as they did this weekend, with Gaza, which is a place that contains two point two million people Alex, half of them children. Half of the two point two million people are children, and it's one of the most densely populated places on planet Earth. You've got two point two million people crowded into one hundred and forty one square miles, So they automatically become the victims of Israeli airstructs because it's so crowded, because it's so densely populated, and it's basically like living Alex in an open air prison.
Speaker 13: Cognition of anything that has been going on, let alone, the only thing Americans are worried about these days are these so called judicial reforms going on in Israel, which have led to hundreds of thousands of people protesting on the street. But lots of Palestinians have said to me, boy, they wish that the those same Israelis who were out there protesting the so called judicial reforms would be protesting Israel's inhumane treatment of the Palestinians who live under Israeli occupation.
Speaker 7: But what is the objective of Israel invading the Gaza strip?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 7: Because I emphasized this point for those of us who have been following this conflict for years, Israel has already assassinated and killed the most senior Hames militant officials. They have killed the spiritual leader of Hamas, They've arrested dozens of Hamasa. They can achieve that, they can achieve that they have achieved, that they've done that, They've done that, And my point is what you're going to see, certainly within Israel's security apparatus is a debate. Whether that is public or transparent is not going to be as clear cut. But Israeli military officials that I've spoken to over the years have debated whether or not the siege, the blockade was achieving israel strategic objective of trying to bring calm and quiet to the southern borders.
Speaker 1: Every one of those individuals acknowledged, and Mettie I've listened to a lot of his commentary. He's very clear that what Hammas did is an atrocity, It's a war crime. He's just also trying to acknowledge the war crimes that Israel's committing and the broader context, as we've tried to do very carefully here as well. And so when I hear the ADL dude talking about how, you know, where did this dehumanization of Israelis come from? It doesn't seem to me that Israelis are being dehumanized. It seems to me what he's upset about is Palestinians being humanized. And so when he says he said, quote, get the story right, and he was very upset about images of rubble in Gaza, Well, how are you going to tell the accurate story if you're not showing the images of the rubble in Gaza as you were, of course also highlighting and acknowledging and empathizing with the pain, suffering, death and carnage that was inflicted on the Israeli citizen.
Speaker 3: It's funny, Chris.
Speaker 2: You know, I get a lot of messages people are like, when are you going to speak up for Israel? And I'm like, I didn't know that I had to. I'm a citizen of the United States. I feel very bad and horrible. I've been to Israel, I spent a lot of time there. I have friends in the IDF. I have nothing but sympathy for so many of the people who are killed there. But as I said on yesterday's show, I also have a lot of good friends who are Palestinian, and so I actually consider it a blessing that I know people who are actually on both sides. Some of these people hate each other, they've never even met before. But my life has taken me around the world, and I've just learned through a lot of these conflicts. Black and white thinking will get to you nowhere saying oh, you have to just unequivocally, you know, back one side. I don't operate that way, not with Russia and Ukraine, not even when it's unpopular. You don't operate that way either. That's just not what we do here. Unfortunately a lot of our media that's how that's how they want to portray everything. And listen, you were being used if you want that, because I'm watching you know, all of this march towards Oh. The US has got a back up, the US carrier Strack Group has got to get involved in Gaza that is a nightmare. Now we're going to get into a war with Iran. There are millions of people who live in Iran. I lost people in the war in Iraq, you know, I mean known people who died in so many of these conflicts. This is the last thing that we need and the scars of Iraq on media. That's why I'm in this job today. I don't subscribe to black and white narratives any of you, because I think both of us are sitting here very much for that reason of watching people get killed, slaughtered, loose limbs and all that ultimately really for nothing. And it's very difficult, you know, to sit and to watch like the same beat and the war drum happen when we don't have to be that way.
Speaker 3: So we will never cover conflict that way. And that's effectively what Jonathan and Greenblad is a one hundred.
Speaker 1: Percent I mean, to me, the most revealing thing that he said is get the story right. And I think it's really and he's mad about, oh, how dare you show the suffering in Gaza? How dare you talk about anything else that's going on except for the things I want you to talk about, Because he wants this to be as disnified a narrative as the Russia Ukraine narrative is. And that's what Cablins does. I mean, even putting aside the extreme and understandable emotion around blood, death, war, carnage, etc. This is what they do with Democrats and republic This is the good guys. This is the bad guys. Let me give you the Disney version of American politics. That's all they know how to do, that's all their formats are set up to do. And so the fact that you have a few voices who happen on this particular issue to have personal experience, have reported on it for a long time. You know, if you listen to what Aiman said, it was very thoughtful. He clearly has deep knowledge about the history in the region, Compassion on both sides of the issue, no doubt about it. And it's a war on any kind of nuance, No, you are not allowed. You can only choose one side to reflect their humanity.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: And so I do think, even as the media is still overwhelmingly one sided on this issue, the fact that you have any sort of nuance in the New York Times, any sort of nuanced CNN had a few interviews that were, you know, with actual Palestinian voices that you have a few anchors on MSNBC who are able to articulate a different view. They see this as a real threat to you know, the lack hold that they've had bipartisan locke that they've had on American politics for you know, for years and years and years and years and years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I just you know, it's like thinking about how he's get the story right and all of that. That is pure propaganda all of us have. And what's crazy to me is some of the people who are buying into this are the exact ones who are screaming about oh or being propaganda guys about Ukraine. It's like what you think is only about Ukraine, It's about everything people.
Speaker 3: That's why you got to.
Speaker 2: Actually wake up being asked, like what you're being used in propagandized towards.
Speaker 1: They want the Disney version on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Iraq was not Disney and we all found that out the hard way. Ukraine's not Disney either. We're finding that out the hard way right now. Afghanistan wasn't Disney. You know, it wasn't just all about liberating girls' schools. It wasn't so simple, and it wasn't so easy. It's like, I don't know, it's Syria, same one. It's like, yeah, we watched the horror of Aleppo and then we found out that the guy's fighting on the other side of freaking out Kaieda. It's like, what do you do? That's what That's what the actual conflict is. And until you understand that that, you're really not going to get anywhere. But you know, in some ways it's actually helpful because it just means that only places like us who can't get muzzled for saying what we actually think, are going to be able to prosper and survive in this. However, I do think it's unfortunate, you know, that people take margin he's such a partisan Cretan too, because this is all based on his ideology of censorship, of what he was doing with Twitter about you know, leveraging and making sure that any criticism of Israel in the past is conflated directly with anti Semitism, using his organization effectively as an enforcer for like the you know, like liberal elite in the country, and.
Speaker 3: That that's why they do it.
Speaker 2: They do it for this reason, because it works because you and you know this some the sting of that criticism being felt high up, you know within MSNBC.
Speaker 3: You know it's going to have an impact.
Speaker 2: You'd be lying these people uh Medi and Aiman and all these people, they would be lying if they said that that wouldn't have an impact on the way they have to think about that when they go on.
Speaker 1: It's human. Even if I would not be surprised.
Speaker 3: I'm saying they will do anything.
Speaker 1: I have no inside knowledge to what sort of discussions have happened at Amason to be stealing. Make that clear. Would I be surprised if there was a direct talking to No, But does there even have to be a direct talk No, absolutely not. You think they didn't see that segment. Of course they saw that segment, and they know that there is a lot of there is a lot of pressure to conform. They know the things they're supposed to say, they know the things that they're supposed to highlight, and it's very difficult if you're in an organization over time not to at least capitulate to that in some respect. So respect to them for you know, daring to say that Gazin's also are human beings, and that you know this conflict didn't just start four days ago, that there's a broader context that doesn't justify murder of Israeli citizens. Literally, no one on MSNBC is saying that at all. I have not seen that whatsoever. They're not justifying Israeli death. But if you want to actually understand viewers, help viewers understand what's happening here, you have to give the history you have to people. Help people understand where Hamas came from and how they gained power and why they're in this position to start with, and the way that Natan Yaha's we talked to today found them to be a useful foil and bolstered them, and how the US was also complicit in helping to bring them to power and all of that, and understanding that you know the lives of people within Gaza. If you're going to tell complete story, you got to tell complete story, not quote unquote get the story right as approved by the ADL.
Speaker 3: Well there you go.
Speaker 2: I guess we can all agree. At least the ADL is bad for a long time. My Disney version, thank you for Yeah, that's my Disney thank you for sticking with us. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: It was a tough show. We try our best.
Speaker 1: We just stacked it.
Speaker 2: We've got We had a lot of important Israel developments. We also had a lot of important domestic developments. We'll see and continue to track everything. We've got counterpoints for everybody tomorrow. If anything breaking happens in the meantime, you can probably expect something. We will remain on in our crew and everybody's been working around the clock. Thank you everybody who has been supporting us, and we will see you all on Thursday.
Speaker 1: See you guys Thursday.