Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty Armstrong and Jetty and now he Armstrong and Yeddy. The new Supreme Leader has made his first statement since being named. Ayatola have that next, But first we give you Bill Maher talking to Adam Schiff. This statement from the administration.
Speaker 2: The President had the constitutional authority to direct the use of military force because he could reasonably determine that such use of force was in the national interest.
Speaker 1: That's too vague for you. Totally vague, okay, because that's from Obama. About Libya.
Speaker 3: Well, Obama made the argument initially that he could go into Syria without an authorisation. I and many others pushed back on that argument. Ultimately, he did not go forward with going after Assad, even though aside was gassing his own people, because he thought he might lose the vote in Congress. But I respect the fact that that was important to him, and the fact that he did not have the support of Congress meant that we weren't going.
Speaker 1: To go forward.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's a weasel, a talking weasel. That's really our headline. Ladies and gentlemen, trainers or scientists have taught a weasel to speak.
Speaker 1: It's a pretty good move by Bill Maher.
Speaker 2: I thought, though, sure, yeah, yeah, well, and then Schiff's argument not to dwell on it too long because he's a lyne piece of garbage, but that we got.
Speaker 1: The smallest and his neck i've ever seen.
Speaker 2: It ended up being a good thing that Obama promised a red line and then destroyed American deterrence for a couple of decades because he would have lost a vote in Congress.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a complicated thing, though, and that's a problem we've got right now, and why presidents aren't going to Congress. If Trump had gone to Congress, it might not have passed. And then so you've got the president and the people around him who firmly believe this is a necessary thing for the United States to do for our world safety, our own safety, and for the safety of the world, and Congress, because they're all a bunch of freaking cowards, I think, said no, So I guess we'll just let them get a nuclear weapon eventually, or continue to harass the world or whatever. And Obama did decide, Okay, we'll put it to a vote, find out that it was going to lose, and so didn't enforce his own red line, which the commander in chief. So the commander in chief can't make red lines anymore without going to Congress first, I guess. And what I'm about to say is not a good thing. It's a bad thing.
Speaker 2: But not only are they cowards like you described, but they're flaming, flaming partisans. If there was an act that would cure cancer for all time, and Trump, the Trump White House, you know, or was promoting it, the Democrats would vote almost unanimously against it, and to put it to a vote would make it like an ink. A part is an issue, a strictly part is an issue. If he went before Congress, that's a bad thing. I'm not saying therefore he was smart to not go. It highlights what a bad situation we're in as a country in a constitution. Honestly, but right, I don't want to dwell on it because it's unsolvable.
Speaker 1: If everybody in Congress is scared to ever vote yes, you won't get in trouble for voting no, but you could get in trouble for voting yes. Hillary had the voting for the Iraq War hung around her her entire presidential campaign. It's probably the main reason she lost to Barack Obama in two thousand and eight for the nomination because she voted for the Iraq War. So now nobody ever wants to vote for it. John Kerry had the same problem on the Iraq War vote. So no, no, nobody ever wants to vote for it. But then you got the problem of do you want to have one guy deciding wars all the time, which doesn't seem like the best system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't have time to philosophize too long on this point, but the trolley card dilemma makes it just so infinitely clear. People's sins of omission completely different than they've view sins of commission. Not doing something, even if you know that is a horrifying choice, is seen as less of a sin than doing something that might end up having a bad result.
Speaker 1: Humans are strange. I don't like you people.
Speaker 2: Well, I do like you people, I don't like humankind in general anyway. So, speaking of Donald Trump and his motivations and blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Got the statement from the Supreme Leader to come.
Speaker 2: All right, right, yeah, yeah, do you want to do that first your choice? Eh, eh, written comments.
Speaker 1: Written comments from the new Supreme Leader. First time he's said anything using my finger quotes since he was voted in. Is he alive? Is he able to speak?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: He sure hell doesn't want to go on camera. I mean, if anybody could possibly discern where he is, that's the last thing he wants. Staying alive's his main goal right now.
Speaker 1: Anyway, his message was that Iran will keep fighting and they are going to keep the straight of horror moves closed or straights of horrormons. I'm going back to Straits. I just saw the best map I've seen yet of that area. So you got that little island that's a straight between the island and that, and then the island is in the strait, so you have a straight on each side of the island. Oh, You've got a straight straight. So I think Straits is fine. I'm at a strait. This is not the biggest problem we have in America. But he vowed that the new Supreme Leader that they would avenge the blood of the martyrs. He has not appeared on video or in public since he was appointed on Monday. There are reports that he is injured. Uh how bad, we don't know, but like everybody around him was killed. His whole family is dead, including his dad. So that's kind of an interesting story, right there. Is there a chance that the Revolutionary Guard needed a religious figurehead to point as the leader while they get their act together, and he's either dead or barely old mon or.
Speaker 2: Not very much of a force, breaking speculation, breaking speculation. The New York Post is reporting reports have circulated that the new Supreme Leader is in a coma having lost his leg.
Speaker 1: Who's reporting that? A New York Post? I believe? Is that? What I just said? Wow, Yeah, he's in a coma. Who knows? Fogg of wore? So I think that could be psyops because we want the Revolutionary Guard or whoever might be following the Supreme Leader to think, oh my god.
Speaker 2: He shows himself. And when he shows himself, kerb.
Speaker 1: Lewis, yes, you will be missed. I st it.
Speaker 2: It's tough work being the Supreme Leader these days. So I think Barton Swim is correct. In the Wall Street Journal, he wrote a great piece today about what's motivating Donald Trump and the various disparaging answers that are kicking around. Wants to distract attention from the Epstein files. I'm not a violent man, but I would like to slap anyone who says that at least a couple of good firm times two. He likes to be in the big shot, in the center of attention. Well, that's unquestionably true, but I don't think it's primary here.
Speaker 1: He wants to profit somehow.
Speaker 2: He's following the dictates of Benjamin Netnah, who read the Jews. But then Marton Swam points out none of these work. Trump's taken by far the biggest risk of his public life, approving Epic Operation Epic Fury. Now he staked his presidency on a better than pyrrhic outcome, I mean better than disaster. He's antagonized a material faction of his MAGA coalition, something he's not really done before. He's probably annoyed as vice president. The idea of Trump as a political animal cynically weighing the war's likely outcome in electoral terms also doesn't satisfy. He could have launched a few Tomahawk missiles, declared the mission of success, and blah blah blah in the manner of Bill Clinton.
Speaker 1: But Trump didn't do that.
Speaker 2: He authorized a full on complex assault on what a predecessor deemed a member of the Axis of Evil, and nearly two weeks later, despite relentlessly negative press coverage and the prospect of economic troubles, he has not called it off.
Speaker 1: The question is why.
Speaker 2: If mister Trump is either the unserious buffoon his detractors on left assume he to be, or the anti war peacenick as some of his MAGA supporters thought he was.
Speaker 1: Why did he do it?
Speaker 2: What's driving both Camp's battie is that the only plausible motivation for his order to strike Iran is a judicious and honorable one. And I should point out Marton swam is no Trump honk okay, but he says it's a judicious and honorable one. That the regime in Tehran constantly menaces America and its allies, that its rulers can be counted on to continue the pursuit of a nuclear weapon, and no bizarre ulterior motives are necessary. They're a violent, hateful, bloodthirsty, malign regime that's trying to get nukes.
Speaker 1: As fast as they can period.
Speaker 2: Mister Trump's disaffected anti war supporters of compiled video clips of the present and it's saying he won't start wars, he'll end them.
Speaker 1: Sure, you've probably seen those clips.
Speaker 2: Although he is a pretty solid counter argument, namely that the Islamic Republic started the war and has sustained it on an offer for the past forty seven years. The internal reasonings for mister Trump's decision on most subjects are protean difficult to discern, his explanations for them confusing, But bear one thing in mind. He's old fashioned. Recall some remarks he made a few weeks into his first term. We have to start winning wars again. I have to say, when I was young, in high school in college, everybody used to say, we never lost a war. We never lost a war. You remember we now we never win a war. We never win, and we don't fight to win.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The whole idea of the Pirate victory of it's from a famous battle where the general said something along the lines of we just won this battle, but I think we're going to lose the war because the expenditure of troops and treasure and all that sort of stuff would be that, you know, we have this great, big blast at the beginning, take out the supreme leader. But ultimately history decides it was a bad idea. I mean, that's the way Trump has bet his entire presidency is how it eventually turns out. I mean, that's way history will judge it. Indeed.
Speaker 2: Indeed, and oddly enough, I want to get into the fatwah against Solomon Rushdie and how significant it was and is after And this is an odd transition. After talking about your dog's nutrition with rough Green salmon rush he got his eyes stabbed out. Would you like more enzymes for your dog food? You know, I consider myself pretty damn good at transitions, But there was just nothing there. There is nothing there that wasn't just horrifying. Hey, it's about your dog's long term health. Providing live, bioavailable nutrients including essential vitamins, minerals, probiotics, digestive enzymes, and omega oils. It's all about reducing the oxidat of stress. Have you read about that support immune defense and slow age related to helping your dogs stay active, mobile and alert as they age. Roughgreens brings the nutrition back to shelf stable dog food, which is what you're using now. Your dog might like it, and it's perfectly fine, and you don't have to change your dog food, You just add the rough Greens and it ain't gonna cost you nothing, but the shipping.
Speaker 1: Roughgreens is offering a free Jumpstart Trial bag. You just cover shipping. Use discount code Armstrong to claim you're free Jumpstart Trial bag at Roughgreens dot com.
Speaker 2: Roughgreens is charmingly named are uff or spelled I should say, are uffgreens dot com. Use that promo code Armstrong. Don't change your dog's food, just add rough Greens and watch the.
Speaker 1: Health benefits come alive. Do we have time for this, No, we need not.
Speaker 2: I will tell you this though, the fatwa against Rushdie was much much, much, much more than a bunch of religious extremists who are mad at an author. It's significance, it's ripples continued today and it was a signal we.
Speaker 1: Should have he died. Yeah, it's way back in the day and never forgotten. I read mem last year and I kept having that moment. I was like, how was this not a bigger deal at the time? And I hate with this headline. We'll get to later. Florida mom with face tattoo d Miles in mugshot after allegedly trying to murder sister, I think I can top that one. Okay, that's a pretty good story, big murder trial going on. I mean, this one's wild and wooly. Okay. So, and how about that drone threat on California? That was a big story all day, Yes, California or the whole West coast. That was the whole West Coast? I guess, well, right, yeah, my god man, what the hell the listeners all over?
Speaker 2: There are people in Portland right now, in Seattle who are completely unaware.
Speaker 1: Of the practically non existent threat. I feel like La such a target. San Francis so much sodomy. Anyway, we got all that stuff on the waist to hear. The book to read on this topic is called Joseph Anton. I read it a couple of years ago by Salmon Rushdie. That's the name he lived under, not a pseudonym he wrote under because he wanted to have a cool pen name. No, it's the name he hid from murderist Islamic thugs. He had to live under that name for many, many years, away from his kids and wife and all of his friends, for fear of being killed by Islamists because of a book he wrote.
Speaker 2: Right Jonathan Rosen wrote a brilliant piece for the Free Press that really made an impression on me, and he talked about the very things Jack mentioned, and he remembers hearing about the Fatwah. He had recently dropped out of graduate school. He was a writer himself, and he said it seemed to have served that a best selling novelist born in India, living in London, famous around the world might be murdered because the octogenarian ruler of an Islamist deocracy thousands of miles away had called for his head like the Red Queen shouting off with their heads and Alice in Wonderland. And then he said, and though the Iahtola died four months later, it soon became a parent that Rushdie's novel was no match for a few sentences read over the radio, calling on quote, all valiant Muslims, wherever they may be, to kill the author of the Satanic Versus and anyone else who helped bring his blasphemous book into the world. And there's a lot more to this, and I touch on it as Timer allows, but the takeaway for me was the calling card the announcement by the Ayahtola on behalf of fundamentalist Islam is that if you offend us, we will kill you and everyone you work with wherever you are on earth till the end of time, because we have that right. See the bombing last weekend in New York City, right, bombing, right, right, which goes on, and he makes the point among others that Rushti was persuaded to make a public apology in the early days of his death sentence, his forever a global death sentence, and the dying Eyetola fired back quote, even if Solomon Rushdi becomes the most pious man of all time, it is incumbent on every Muslim to employ everything he has, his life and his wealth to send him to hell. That's fundamentalist Islam, folks, there, it is there.
Speaker 1: It is well. And what rushed He couldn't believe. Well, first of all, he got stabbed. What now a couple of years ago he got attacked on a stage by a Muslim lunatic, almost died, lost his eye. And I haven't read knife where he describes that whole thing, because it sounds too gruesome for me. But back in the time of the Fatwah, Rushti was so amazed at how many governments, including his own where he lived in Great Britain, made statements of we shouldn't be offending Muslims, and that's you know we we stand on the side of you know, those respects. Yes, exactly. They didn't take the side of free speech. They took the side of let's not offend radical Muslims.
Speaker 2: Wow, I just asked you to, you know, get some of the garbage off your lawn, and you're gonna murder me. Now. I don't think the sin was asking, hey, any chance you'll clean that up? But you know, I haven't come up with much to worth listening to in the past thirty years, I know. But one thing I used to say about Portland is they think they can passive their way out of this, and a lot of the Western world thought, and some still think, although like in Britain and France that are waking up in hurry and Germany and Sweden and other places, they think they can passive their way out of fundamentalist Islam. It's a terrible, terrible mistake. But let me read just a little more Rosen's piece. The question remains urgent even after the joint American and Israeli strikes on the early morning of feb twenty eight to mark a new phase in the long war wage by the Islamic Republic of Iran, which came into the world chanting death to America and death to Israel. I've been thinking a great deal about the Fatwa now that the murderous regime the Iyatola founded in nineteen seventy nine is teetering on the bloody brink, because it may yet be that all of the proxies nurtured over the years by the Islamic Republic for its apocalyptic showdown with the Jewish state in the West. After all the billions spent on Islamist militias, ballistic missiles, and global terrorism, plus half a trillion dollars on its nuclear weapons program in pursuit of its endlessly repeated aim of quote wiping Israel off the map. It is a few sentences read aloud on Radio Tehran mere breath that will remain its most successful method of exporting the Islamist revolution even after the murderous regime it created goes down. And again, this is several pages long. It's brilliantly written.
Speaker 1: We'll post it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you'll get paywalled, but we'll post it at Armstrong and Giddy dot com under hot lengths.
Speaker 1: You had two guys get beaten down in a really nice shopping area yesterday near here San Jose because they were speaking Hebrew. And there's some Muslim fanatics round, folks. We're all salmon Rushdie, Armstrong and Getty. The New York Post will not let up on the fact that the Supreme Leader, the new Supreme Leader can't get an erection. That has been their story now for a week and particularly apparently the guy spent time in the hospital to try to deal with the fact that he couldn't get it up enough to impregnate his wife so that they could have a male heir, because he needed to have a male air. As you can see, he's now the Supreme Leader because his dad was. It's like you know, the Middle Ages over there. Sure, But anyway, so the new Supreme Leader put out a statement like an hour or so ago. We'll get into that a little bit later, but their headline in the California Post is soft launch a round. Supreme Leader puts out.
Speaker 2: A hour I'm not sure that's fundamental to what's happening.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe it is. I don't know, Okay, we got a little game show, this very very silly game show thing we're gonna do here coming on, but we're gonna play a sound and you got to guess what the sound is. Okay, So that's coming up in just a little bit. But first gonna be a tough one. Yeah. First I'm gonna have to listen very carefully. But first seriousness.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Just a quick follow up on the Solomon Rushdie Fatwah thing. If you're not familiar with the history of the thing, I just wanted to point out that ten days after the Ayatola Komeni issued the Fatwah, two bookstores in Berkeley, California, were fire bombed. Both had been selling the Satanic Versus. One of bookstores one of the author's favorites. Bookstores pulled it off the shelves, the publisher yanked it all over. The Salmon Rushi couldn't believe that everybody caved to the Iyatola's threats rather than saying, no, damn it, free speech.
Speaker 1: This is a Western society. We will write and read what for the hell we want. No, that's not how the world reacted. The world reacted with fear, and you know, helped give these nut jobs the idea that they could boss us all around, and that's why they've been bossing us around for fifty years.
Speaker 2: If you didn't hear the last segment, number one, get it via podcast Armstrong and getting on demand. And secondly, just a very brief recap. We were talking about how the fatwa against Rushiti was really a calling card to the world from fundamentalist Islam before anybody understood where it was, and how a lot of wise during governments thought we'll pass of our way.
Speaker 1: Just don't anger the Muslims, they thought, and we'll be okay.
Speaker 2: But anyway, so you had those fire bombings in Berkeley, California. Rushdie's Japanese translator was stabbed to death in nineteen ninety one outside the university in Tokyo where he taught. Rushdie's Italian translator had been stabbed in Milan the week before, but survived. In October nineteen ninety three, as Norwegian publisher was shot in Oslo, and though gravely wound, it survived. A Zizna is in a Turnish editor, an intellectual who had announced his intention to translate the Satanic Verses Versus into Turkish narrowly escaped being burned alive in July of ninety three when his hotel in eastern Turkey was torched by an angry mob after the artist, musicians and writers inside refused to send out the seventy eight year old Nessen to be murdered. Thirty seven people died in the fire. He was helped down a ladder by firefighters who began beating him once they realized who he was, and someone cried, this is the devil we should have really killed. And there's more. But yeah, that was the calling card a fundamentalist Islam. This is how we are, this is what we do. You will bow before us.
Speaker 1: Well, and then just a couple of years ago, rush To himself was almost stabbed to death. Forty years after that book came out, is it longer? Yeah? Crazy, Yeah, so they have a memory for this sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Well, so probably a little transition music is necessary here, Michael. In fact, I'm not sure it's ever been more necessary. Little Soviet era transition music appropriates At the time we were.
Speaker 1: Discussing, do you know, you probably don't know this, do you kdie You've been too new to the show to know this transition music. This is a fascinating story. We should we should show you the video. Okay. It was a hit song in the Soviet Union. The song had words, but the Soviet Communist government thought the words were too too there's a love song. They're too much for society. They couldn't handle. So they had to turn this hit song into la la la la la to get past the communist government. Oh wow, no yah. They actually tried a couple of times. In the review board or whatever, it always said no, still not good enough. They're like, all right, so well, for the sake of the show, I'm kind of happy they did that great transition music so the guy would sing this on you know, variety shows, is a hit song with no words, just because the Communist party doesn't think we should have work. Good grief, I know. Isn't that crazy? Yeah that is okay.
Speaker 2: Zorondami got elected in New York City. All right, okay, try to identify this song. You can't.
Speaker 1: I mean, this sound. Try to identify this sound. You can't. I just tell you right off the bat. You're gonna guess wrong. Oh you've ruined the game. But try to guess.
Speaker 4: Betty, Please don't be careful. Oh my god, he's doing it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what was the grunting about? Why was that guy grunting?
Speaker 2: Fifty year old John Stevenson, a kickbox boxer, proved he had balls of steel after becoming the first person in the UK or probably anywhere else, to pull a car using justice testicles. Hmmm, is that what you guess, Katie? That spot I actually have a spot on. Thought it was a pickup truck. I thought it was a guy pulling a pickup truck with his testicles.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a guy pulling a train with his tongue. But I was close, but just not right.
Speaker 2: And he munched on a bag of nuts while completing his challenge. He joked afterwards, quote, when I'd finished, my plums were bright purple.
Speaker 1: But I'm still firing on all cylinders. How did it not just yank them off in the way that he into it, in the way that I have participated in castrating hogs?
Speaker 2: Oh lord, the details are unairable. He is trying he was trying to raise awareness of men's mental health issues.
Speaker 1: Oh that's well he did. So you say he's the third person to No, it turns out.
Speaker 2: He's the first person oh to pull a car in the UK with his testicles, but Jack an excellent question.
Speaker 1: Whether you realized it or not.
Speaker 2: Using your genitals to pull a vehicle isn't a new concept. Chinese ki kwong Qui kong gum Quigong master Tu Jingsheng has earned himself the nickname of iron Crotch for his displays of penile power.
Speaker 1: Iron Crotch kung Fu master yeong Wai.
Speaker 2: He went to even greater lengths to pull a five ton military helicopter, but there's no record of it ever being done.
Speaker 1: In the UK before, I, uh, do you work up to it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Do I start with lightweight and work up to it? Start with like two pound dumbbells and like move up to a kettlebell and then exactly then I'm pulling maybe I don't know, a bicycle.
Speaker 2: His sister Sherry was among those who turned out to cheer for his latest feet. She said, quote, it was amazing, It was bizarre to watch, but we're all really proud of him.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, Oh yeah, you gotta be super proud. What's the apparatus that attaches to you? What is that?
Speaker 2: Like some sort of silk scarf, like a lasso around.
Speaker 1: All of this sounds like a terrible idea.
Speaker 2: A long orange like scarf looking, how do you not just end up garrotted, I don't know, castrated like a goat. Yeah, you've got to fashion exactly the right kind of not.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when I boy, this is I don't know, I don't know if anybody wants to hear this. Do you remember when I probably not? You remember when I brought that tool in and I ask everybody what this is?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it was for castrating male goats. And it's an interesting piece of handheld equipment. And you put rubber bands around it, and then when you squeeze it, it opens up the rubber bands into a big circle, and then you put that around the junk of the goat, and then you slide it off the piece of equipment, and then the rubber bands go tight around the bottom underneath the test and then eventually it just cuts off the blood circulation and the testes just drop off handy, And then, having observed it myself, owls fly in and grab the testicles and fly off with them, delighted with their find. Well, you know, it's circle of life or something. My life is better now that I know that. Yeah, it's interesting though. I love the version of Show and Tell is bringing in a castration tool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no kidding. I knew most people in the Middle Ages. I knew most people wouldn't be able to guess what that was.
Speaker 1: No, you were right on that. Not to turn this serious, because I do everything.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm rarely invited to gatherings. The grit and reality of farm life, which used to be known damn near universally among Americans, is now so distant. Most people's lives are so you know, sterile and no unintended, not intended, so you know, and safe and careful and in a life and death and where meat comes from and all. It's just we all pretend it's not happening.
Speaker 1: I've told this story before.
Speaker 2: I hope it's every bit as good as the last one. Do owls eat anybody's balls in this one.
Speaker 1: I'm from a small town Kansas. I had a girlfriend from small town Nebraska. She was even from a smaller town than me. And their field trip that they did in grade school was they walked down the street in this town of three hundred people. They walked down the street to the butcher where they had a steer standing in the back room, and the guy shot the steer in front of the kids and then butchered it so the kids would understand where meat came from. And how old are these This was not an eighteen ninety eight. This would have been in She was five years younger than me, so this would have been in the late seventies. I guess around nineteen eighty. Wow, yeah, shoots you think fifth grade? She said, Wow, fifth grade shoot a steer in front of you. They probably didn't do that in the Bay Area of California, did they?
Speaker 4: Caty?
Speaker 1: Oh, No, I did not go on that field trip.
Speaker 2: And have to shoot the genderbread person and butcher him, hurt them.
Speaker 1: They them. So do you think it's a meaningful in any way that we're further away from the from that grit do we need to be? I mean, we're further away from other really really gritty things from the Middle Ages that I think we're probably better off for.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: In Dave Grossman's book on Killing, which is really an interesting read even if you don't agree with every bit of it, he talks about how we've become so distant from death because it used to be ninety nine percent of people died in their home with the family around and the rest of it, and you'd call the undertaker and everything, but everybody understood that Grandpa's passed and now they're going to take his body and his soul is with God or whatever. And animals were frequently slaughtered in the yard and then they were on your plate an hour later or whatever. And we've gotten so far from that. We've kind of fetishized death a weird way. It's distant, but we're obsessed with it. And I'm not doing a good job of explaining. But perhaps I've sold a book or two.
Speaker 1: Or is it the flip side that we value life more? Is that the case?
Speaker 2: Or no, that's an interesting question by God length the response required by God.
Speaker 1: But life was cheap in a lot of parts of the world for and still is. Or it just doesn't seem to have hardly any meaning whatsoever. So here's the question. If your brother, you find out your brother is gonna pull some heavy object with his testicles, do you tell the news anchor I'm so proud of him. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Depends if he succeeds or fails I mean, if you like chickens out or gives up when you know the thousands of pounds of pressure are applied.
Speaker 1: What if they just proud of him, pull right off. I think I would pretend I didn't know him. He's trying to draw attention to men's mental health.
Speaker 3: Just kind of do the Homer Simpson back into the bush thing exactly.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, good job, good yeah, Okay, more on the way next.
Speaker 4: It of course the big investigator.
Speaker 1: But you have a lot of things happening, and all we can do is take them as they come. We know where most of them are. We've got our all of them, I think. So that's Donald Trump yesterday talking about sleeper cells, Iranian sleeper cells across the country, that he says, we have our eye on them, all of them, we think. Which that was a question asked out of the news floating around throughout the day of this threat of a drone attack on and I guess it was specifically California drone attacks on California by the Iranians, but that that story was from back in February. Wyatt just erupted yesterday and then became chatter. I'm not exactly sure. I don't know if that was on I don't know if it just reached the media somehow, or if somebody leaked that out on purpose to have a you know, get people's attention. Hey, this is serious. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It does have a bit of a rally around the flag feel to it, but it's still so hard to say.
Speaker 1: No one other thing before we get to the Supreme Leader making his first statement. Well not really, but Ian Bremer. Ian Bremer tweeted out, the streets of horror moves aren't completely closed. Iranian tankers are still passing through, bringing oil to China and oil revenue to the Islamic Republic. Yeah, the Wall Street Journal had the story that Iran is actually exporting more war oil than they were before the war started. Ian wrights. The United States could stop them, but that would antagonize China and further escalate the war. So here we are. That's an interesting one. So China gets seventy percent of its energy from other places. Thank god we are not in that situation, but so we think it would antagonize China if we stopped the oil shipments from Iran. Well, this is a delicate balance. We got going here anyway, Iran's new Supreme leader. This is the way this went down. So apparently I had it backwards in my head. So first the rumors were floating around the Middle East that he is in a coma. So that story was first, the story that the Supreme leaders he's in a coma, had his leg amputated and is badly hurt. That story has been floating around I guess Iran. So then they put out this no here, here's a statement from the Supreme Leader. And then they put out a written statement read on Iranian state TV without any explanation of why he was not on camera or you weren't hearing his voice right, which is a little who's that for the Iranian people? I don't know. I need proof of life. Yeah, he says he's alive. RAN's new Supreme leader allegedly released his first statement today, vowing to use the lever of closing the Strait of Hormuz to international energy shipping after reports circulated that he was in a coman had his leg amputated from those strikes that killed his dad and pretty much all of his family. No explanation provided for why the fifty six year old did not appear or read out his purported words. We are in the audio business. We know very well that recording somebody at this point in world history is effortless. If you own a phone, if you own a computer, if you've got anything, you could record somebody's voice. Now, it is possible that they're just so concerned about somehow it being tracked to his location, because hiding him is going to be of the utmost importance Israel or US. We're going to kill him the first chance we get.
Speaker 2: I wonder what security protocols he does have in place right now, because, for instance, you could put your phone on airplane mode, record his message hand curry you're at somewhere else, and then broadcast it with never never connecting to the internet. But I wonder if they just don't even want to see a currier coming and going from wherever he is, right they think we're watching from the clouds and we are.
Speaker 1: Well, they got to be pretty paranoid. Oh yeah, yeah, after the first couple of rounds of snuffins, Yeah yeah. But to not have a picture at all or hear the voice when you're trying to show that you're still alive, that's not usually the way it works. Yeah, maybe he isn't a coma.
Speaker 2: So many question marks about what's next, what we can do, what we probably will do. We'll have Mike Lions on in just a couple of minutes. Hope you can hang around. If you can't podcast Armstrong, you getting on demand.
Speaker 1: My main questions for Mike Lions is because don't understand this. How can we not take out whatever Iran has that's allowing it to fire on these ships? They hit five ships yesterday, tankers trying to go through the straight of horror moves. How can we now take that out? I want to hear what Mike's explanation for that is. Armstrong and Getty