Speaker 1: Welcome to Sharper's Square, presented.
Speaker 2: By hard Rock bet. We are part of the Volume podcast Network. This is the show that makes the squares sharper.
Speaker 1: And makes the wise guys pay attention. I am Chad Milman. I am joined as always by my BFF, my companion, my compadre professional better signon Hunt.
Speaker 3: Hello, So I am in Hello Chad.
Speaker 1: Dude, coming on a little bit late because we were waiting on the end of that Broncos Giants game. Like, I don't think anybody wanted to win that game. I think they scored forty six points in the final quarter. Again, it just ended a second ago. Will let's kick the field goal with Broncos win thirty three to thirty two. That game had everything of both teams going out of their way to make the biggest mistakes possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just a insane game.
Speaker 2: That's it. We're just sitting here.
Speaker 1: We were freaking out that whole time, and that's all I have to say about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just I don't know. I can't can't get over the comeback yet. I gotta let it sink in first.
Speaker 2: Well, the comeback wasn't sane.
Speaker 1: The Broncos were down twenty six to eight, and then took the lead with like a minute left, and then the Giants took the lead with thirty seconds left, and then the Broncos just won the game. There, digest it while we go through the rest of the stuff. We can talk about it later.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: Here's the good news. We avoided the Raiders as big dogs. We avoided the Jets as small dogs. Unfortunately, we could not break all of our bad habits. We did bite on the one big dog that we got way too enthusiastic about. Our record right now is one and two. I feel lucky to be one and two with the Browns. We lost with those big dog Titans. We have the Lions minus four and a half tomorrow night. We have the Texans plus three and a half tomorrow night. Last ones out with the Cowboys. We're going to talk about that, the Saints. Glad we avoided that, Minnesota, Glad we avoided that. We're going to get to our early leans, a review of how we did in all of our picks. We're going to have your live comments later in the show. We're going to have our shame shame, shame. We're going to have our Hero of the Week at least we'll each have our hero of the week.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: I'm ready, Brother Miami and Cleveland Cleveland minus two and a half, Simon. Listen, we nearly talked ourselves out of bet that we love the entire week this morning.
Speaker 2: We nearly did that. We honest to god, almost did that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, honestly, not that I saw today coming, but I just I knew we were about to step in a couple of games, and I was worried. This for sure was one of them. You said, you feel lucky to be wanting two. I I'm mad because it's like, I don't know what game to take out. You nailed your Browns pick, obviously Chad's choice. I should have should have took should have took the Chargers out forcing that Cowboys game and that that was a tough one where it's like kept trying to find a way to get that Cowboys game in because it was obviously a good number. But you nailed it with this one. Obviously my fear came true. But it happened to Toua Gabriel. I think through the whole I don't know, eleven times, whatever it was, it's got really lucky where they just could run it.
Speaker 3: We didn't need the rookie throwing it. So that was the dream scenario for us.
Speaker 4: It was like, Okay, we can run it and our defense gets a bad tour that just like I said, you nailed it. That was well we talked about and they literally went to I think he had three picks to it and got benched in the third quarter or fourth quarter.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that was that was a dream, dream scenario in that game.
Speaker 1: It was Dylan Gabriel that the first brown scoring drive was so gross. Uh, you know, I have the the betting fund that I do with all my buddies, right, and so of course I'll I'll send them all the picks that I've made for us for the day on Sunday morning. And then at one point we were texting about the Bears, of course, and someone asked me about the Browns and I said, nobody watch it.
Speaker 2: Let me.
Speaker 1: Let me do the work here. It's my responsibility. It's too gross.
Speaker 2: Thank god.
Speaker 1: There's that guy in the Dolphins that nose tackle for the Dolphins, Zach Sealer, who every single game has some egregiously stupid over aggressive penalty. I think he's done it four times this year. And today it was a WWE close line of Dylan Gabriel that was on third and six and kept the Browns opening drive alive.
Speaker 2: That got them the field goal.
Speaker 1: And for a minute, I thought all the Browns were gonna need was that field goal, because like the Dolphins couldn't do anything. And what I loved even more was Dylan Gabriel. He was basically just thrown with his eyes closed, like to the middle of the field, guy super covered. They're catching it through arms and legs and helmets.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: Horrible and I feel like we've now gotten lucky, not lucky, but we've chosen the Rounds and the Browns in the right spot at the right time. Game one against the Bengals, Game too today against Dolph.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we just it's people get annoyed by it, but there we keep saying they're a different team at home. Their stats back it up and the defense keeps proving it out. And you know, their only real weakness in the entire game was a chan I think he averaged six yards per carry.
Speaker 3: So he was doing what he should be doing.
Speaker 4: We just too unbelievable, how bad Too is And like you said, Gabriel could be then same exact spot that too was in. If you needed to throw in that game, you were down. It was such sloppy conditions. It was so bad. It was just a nightmar all over. And we didn't get by the turnover. I think it was on a kickoff Miami guys carrying it gets hit right after, like you said, that Brown score and they got the ball back and scored again, and like you said, that was it. Well, yeah, that was the one good read we had this week, and that was Chad's read, Chad's choice.
Speaker 2: It's two in a row for Chad's choice on good Reads.
Speaker 1: Let's go Mike McDaniel, by the way, before we leave this game.
Speaker 2: Not that I'm not in a hurry to leave, No, you want to stay here.
Speaker 1: The one game I got right, But Mike McDaniel, he looks so sad and his rain slicker and his hoodie and his glasses. And at halftime they interviewed him and I felt like he he could barely get the answers out.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he lasts through Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just bad. It Every week. I feel like they're gonnaet rid of them. They don't.
Speaker 4: And you know, I talked about them as a last place team for the obvious reason of their schedules start out easy.
Speaker 3: They're one and six and now it gets brutal. They got Atlanta, Baltimore, Buffalo, Washington before they're bye week.
Speaker 4: So you know, can can he get them two wins in that stretch? I don't think so. So it's like, why keep them? Why not fire him? Get it move and get in the process moving. But yeah, the owner, we should just I feel like the Miami doesn't fire our teams in season usually, so I'd be shocked if is Stephen Ross the owner. I'd be shocked if he steps up and fires this guy.
Speaker 1: Only the Jets keeping the Dolphins from being the worst team in the NFL New England at Tennessee, Tennessee, we had them at seven and a half.
Speaker 2: It was our brass balls bet of the week.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I think this morning it was the only game we kind of didn't hesitate on when we were trying to figure out our final five.
Speaker 2: Clearly we should have.
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like we can we can trace our mistake back to I think on Tuesday, because I think on Tuesday, on Sunday night, we were all in on the Patriots like it was six and a half. We loved Rabel going back, we hated the Titans. There was no way we were betting the Titans like we were one betting the Patriots in this game. Brian Cavahan gets fired, and I think we got over our skis and got too excited. I think we fell into bad habits and convinced ourselves that the dead cat bounce was more powerful than just a well coached team and a quarterback who's so freaking hot right now.
Speaker 4: And this is also just life betting bad teams. It's it was a thirteen to ten game Tennessee because they are pull the coach and it's came ward. They could have chewed up the final two minutes, maybe got a touchdown.
Speaker 3: Instead, they get a field goal.
Speaker 4: Drake goes right down the field, incredible throw, respect to him, throws a touchdown, and even that we're down seventeen thirteen and a half. Even that, I'm still like, Okay, we're moving the ball. We're in this game. But like we always say, with these bad teams.
Speaker 3: You need to avoid the huge mistakes.
Speaker 4: You need to luck to bounce your way, and the luck at that to that point, felt like it was our way outther than that too many touchdown. The opening drive for the Patriots, Drick May gets concussed and they bring in the backup and on a third and six, on a clear blitzer, Dobbins dodges this blitzer. The past or not comes in cold, slips out of a sack on a free blitzer, completes the thirty and six or fifteen yards for a first down, and even then we're still not dead yet Again, it's seventeen thirteen.
Speaker 3: Drake May comes.
Speaker 4: Back in all concussed up, he's not all on target still, he throws it behind his receiver on a fourth and one, this guy one hands insane stretch catches it to himself. I don't know about you. At that moment, I was like, Oh, we're dead. There is that's no way we're getting out of this.
Speaker 1: That's when I stopped taking notes on this game. Yes, I literally wrote, I wrote, this was our shot. Yeah, we didn't stop Dobbs. We didn't stop Dobbs. That was how we were going to get a chance. With the three plays that Drake May was out, because he was so on fire, like he's throwing these deep balls like they're five yard shallow crosses and it's so accurate and they're so easy. However, however, so it was I think this point, it's twenty four thirteen, and then cam Ward I actually try to get for about twenty minutes. I try to get chat GPT to do something for me. I'm going to explain it. I feel like, you know the Heimlich maneuver posters, where they're like illustrations of how to perform the Heimlick maneuver if somebody is choking, and they're universal. They're in every restaurant around the world, right. I feel like the universal symbol for when your team is just wholly incompetent and it is not going to go anywhere and it as low as it's possibly going to get is a quarterback who is untouched, unbothered in dry weather and the ball slips out of his hand and goes backwards. That to me, and I tried to get jet GPT. I actually like wrote, mimic, give me a poster that mimics the Heimlich maneuver, only it's a picture of cam Ward losing the ball on the five yard line with the ball going behind his head. And it took me literally like maybe five tries before I actually got the poster that I wanted it to be, but it wasn't quite good enough that I wanted to post it. But dude, after that, it's thirty one to thirteen and that's the ballgame. And that's exactly what happens to bad teams. And that's what happens when you bet bad teams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Newland didn't need a try anymore.
Speaker 4: Like I said, they got that opening touchdown that that was the next series that came.
Speaker 3: Whod I got the ball back?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they get fourteen points like that, Like you said, it's thirteen to thirty one to thirteen in like thirty show a single play the rest of the rest of the game. Drake May just I think they probably told him, hey, you have the record right now for completion percentage. Donally passed the ball. We can just run the ball now for the rest of the game. And I think he finished nineteen of twenty one and broke our record sept by Tom Brady of was a ninety completion percentage, So something like that pretty incredible. Like you said, Drake May playing out of his mind right now. That was a horrible spot, and you know, Tennessee. Not that they gave it away, but they did. Like they just they're just a bad team, like we keep saying. And you're right. If they hadn't fired their head coach, we would have been we'd be sitting here very happy with our minus seven and a half on that Patriots team.
Speaker 3: But it got suckered in on the hook.
Speaker 4: Took a just a dead cat.
Speaker 3: There is no bounce.
Speaker 1: That got no bounce, just a dead a dead cat lying on the side of the road.
Speaker 2: It's just sad. It's so sad.
Speaker 1: I will say, we didn't respect Mike Rabel, we didn't respect Drake May, we didn't respect Christian Gonzalez, who the announcers at the end of the game where like we haven't even mentioned his name, And then the analyst said, yeah, because they won't throw his way like he isn't he'd completely.
Speaker 2: Just shut down half the field.
Speaker 1: So we're going to have to start thinking about that a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Cam word.
Speaker 1: First player to lose five fumbles in his first five games since do you know who?
Speaker 2: Do you know who? I'm going to talk about him next?
Speaker 3: Oh, Justin Fields, Daniel Jones. Oh wow, it's a good company.
Speaker 1: By the way, We're going to do a shame shame shame later in the show. I feel like the shame shame shame should be US US US because we had India Chargers minus one and a half. This was the backup, Simon says to the Eagles and the Vikings, and I feel like this morning we almost walked away from this. We almost walked away from it. And I went back through my notes and I was trying to figure out, why did we do it? You felt great about it. I started to come around because the number was moving on direction and the Colts were such a public dog, there had to be a regression. And yet the Chargers just got.
Speaker 2: Worse, like so bad.
Speaker 1: It felt like they had kind of given up. They could never stop anybody. They lost on the second on their second play of the game, they lost another offensive lineman.
Speaker 2: This was another one where note.
Speaker 1: Taking was sparse because it was a dead bet halfway through the first quarter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and.
Speaker 4: I tried to get out of it too. Honestly, I said to you, I thought Cults would be public dog, and it was eight percent of the money was on the Chargers, and I said to you, I was like, this is not this is not what I thought I was going to be. I did not think this would be the more public side. But like I said, the public did have a good day overall. Like the Bears came through Dallas, came through our Brown's bet, very public came through, the Patriots came through. The Chiefs won by a ton Eagles one. They just yeah, unfortunately we didn't jump on the right public bets. But yeah, I told you. My only regret was, like I I should have should have talked myself out of it and put in Dallas on this one.
Speaker 3: And you know, as good as Herbert's stats look in this game, he burned us. He burned us in this game.
Speaker 2: Like God, he was terrible.
Speaker 4: He was terrible. Like his his picks in that second quarter. You know, the bat and ball. Can't get mad him about that one as much, but the red zone pick is just a killer, especially when Daniel Jones didn't have an incredible game like twenty three of thirty four, but when Taylor is having an incredible game Jonathan Taylor, and he's getting you know whatever, he had three touchdowns tall tasks, So mintor maybe I need to readjust on this Chargers team that like that defense last year that was that sold him a lot of games and they were really dominant. Whatever his adjustments were or coming into this year from his defense from the previous year, the book is clearly out like this, This card Chargers defense is just now what they were last season and massive, massive win for this Colts team that was historically a bad spot usually aspired.
Speaker 3: The teams have a letdown and start the game.
Speaker 4: They I think it was a fourth and two on their own thirty eight or thirty nine, they went for it. They got it fourth and one at the fifty five or yeah, the forty forty four of the Chargers, they got it, and then they're down the red zone and they went for it. So they had three straight fourth downs. They went for it on that second drive and they scored, and they're up thirty to nothing.
Speaker 3: And we said the turnovers came for Herbert. Daniel Jones never.
Speaker 4: Put them in a position I'll lose that game. So, yeah, that's this Colts team. Even missing pieces defensively, they're just a juggernaut right now on a offense. And yeah, it's it's incredible. Like the Daniel Jones thing, it is bizarre world. He just always seems like he makes the right decision. He's so comfortable in this offense. So yeah, this Colts team's tough.
Speaker 1: By the time there were nine minutes left in the second quarter, the Colts were up twenty to three. They had had the ball for what is that thirteen of the twenty one minutes that had been played, and had gained more than two hundred yards about two hundred and fifteen yards.
Speaker 2: The Chargers had forty four yards at that point.
Speaker 1: And I want to feel bad for Justin Herbert. Like every game you watch him and people are in his grill the entire time, Like he has no time to throw that Grover Stewart, you know the big Man interception that happened.
Speaker 2: It's because Grover Stewart got.
Speaker 1: To him bad at the ball in the air. Someone else tackled Justin Herbert while the ball was in the air, and then Grover Stewart had an unfettered opportunity to intercept the ball. That's every game, every play for this guy. Like it's so frustrating to watch him because you see him make these insane plays and you gotta wonder how good could he be if he actually had a.
Speaker 2: Good offensive line.
Speaker 1: Forget the stats like they were, you know, so excited about him throwing for four hundred yards in the game, and obviously he threw for four hundred yards because they've been down for by three touchdowns the whole game. So there were other things about this game that I'm like, this isn't even a Jim Harbaugh coach team. They gave up so many big plays and were so sort of effortless. Right they finally scored a touchdown. I think they made it thirty one ten or something like that, and the very next kickoff, the Colts run it back to like the twenty yard line, just like I was betting on Harbaugh. I know you were too. What do we think of Harbaugh right now?
Speaker 3: And I'm put on him?
Speaker 4: Like you said a lot of what the offensive line? I mean, you said you wish you could see what he looked here about healthy offensive line? You saw it last year. I Mean the fear is is that his ceiling? That's that's my push back against every there. I think he's so great, It's like, is his ceiling? Second in the division and throwing four picks in the first round the playoffs and losing at Houston, like because that was he had.
Speaker 3: All of his pieces last year. His receiver is healthy, his offensive line was healthy last year. And I'm with you.
Speaker 4: Like the Herbert stuff, He's always had these moments like you say, three four four twenty.
Speaker 3: Obviously he's got a ton of talent. No one's doubting that.
Speaker 4: It's just like he said, he killed us in that first half of the game, where Daniel Jones didn't. And it wasn't like he was under pressure. He guys in his face.
Speaker 3: He just made the right decisions that my right reads or Herbert wasn't for the most part. So yeah, they're they're in a bad spot.
Speaker 4: Like I think they're backup right tackle went down in the game. They might have had another guard go down in the game, and it's like Joel hopefully back next week for them. They just it's it's rock bottom for this team right now. It's it's it's really bad.
Speaker 1: Well, look they play on Thursday night, so that's tough. It's really gonna be hard for them. Think about this legacy is justin Herbert just destined to be in the Chargers tree of great quarterbacks who throw for a lot of yards and never get beyond a championship game.
Speaker 2: A lah Dan fouts a lah Philip Rivers.
Speaker 1: Is Stan Humphrey is going to go down as the greatest winner in the history of the Chargers football franchise.
Speaker 4: I mean Rivers back in the day, I like really had a grudge against him because I loved the Chargers because I think anyone that was my age, especially in the fantasy football Ladanian Thompson and Antoniel Gates were incredible and they had a year with Sean Merriman was like the best end in all football, and it just never went past the first or second round.
Speaker 3: Of the playoffs. Philip Rivers, So I hope they're wrong.
Speaker 4: Like I said, who doesn't want Herbert to do well in this team to do well?
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's this just feels as bad as you can.
Speaker 4: Possibly get four straight ats losses. They're just falling behind now in this division. You know the positives for them, like we said, getting guys back.
Speaker 3: We know you obviously have the talent. You're four and three right now.
Speaker 4: The schedule breaks in a way if they do get health Like you said, this is kind of tough. They got Minnesota in a short week at home, but then they have at Tennessee, then Pittsburgh, then Jacksonville done their bye week. Just if they can just get three and one here, they could still be in it. But if they falter here, their second half schedule is very tough, so they.
Speaker 3: Do need to strength some wins here.
Speaker 4: They're just sliding right now since that Giants lost one in three since that Giants game.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna take a quick word from hard Rock. Don't forget put your questions in the chat. We're gonna get to them after we talk about a few more games. Today's show is brought to you by our new presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet. Week seven caps off with another doubleheader Tampa Bay versus Detroit, Houston versus Seattle. Listen to these streaks from hard Rock Bet stats Hoey. You can find live odds to bet on all of these streaks in the hard Rock Bet app. The Texans have lost twenty in a row as road underdogs against the NFC. The Lions have covered the spread and eleven straight games as a favorite.
Speaker 2: Following a loss.
Speaker 1: If you haven't tried your first bet on hard Rock Bet, there's still time for you to get one hundred and fifty dollars and bonus bets if you win Just place a five dollars bet, and if it hits, you're getting not only your winnings, but one hundred and fifty dollars in extra bonus bets. There's new promos every day, so if you're listening to this later, just open the app and check out what you've got any day of the week, payable in bonus bets, not a cash offer offered by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. In Florida offered by Seminola hard Rock Digital LLC and all other states, must be twenty one and over and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida called one eight three three play wise In Indiana, if you or someone you know as a gambling problem in one's help, call one eight hundred and nine with it gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, and Virginia.
Speaker 2: Okay, a lot of good questions right now.
Speaker 1: What I'm loving mostly people asking which teams we can't officially ban. So if you have thoughts on other teams you'd like us to ban from betting again this season, just pile them on because we're making a list, all right, New Orleans at Chicago, Listen. I didn't bet this game at all. I said this morning. To me, this game was about can the Bears be the kind of team that comes back from a stirring victory in a short week and doesn't get caught napping against a scrappy and competitive team, And they most for the most part, they did that. It was shaky, There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: It was. It was very shaky, like they.
Speaker 1: Were dominating and then let the Saints crawl back with touchdowns at the end of the first half, beginning of the second half, and then the Saints.
Speaker 2: Just they kept it close. They kept it close.
Speaker 1: The Bears would kick a field goal, kicked a field goal, and the Saints kept driving, kept driving. I was worried that I was going to feel like an idiot, that I was so adamant we not put this in the contest, because it just you mentioned it this morning. I'm like, I knew you're going to bring this up, and I can't do it.
Speaker 2: Bear down.
Speaker 1: Chicago Bears have won four games in a row. I don't know how they're doing it. When I watch them, they make me sick, but I'll take it.
Speaker 4: They have a really good ad, a coach who has, like I told you, one of the best run blocking schemes and all football.
Speaker 3: They brought with him from Detroit, and.
Speaker 4: Yes, he keeps surviving games that, like we said, old Bears teams wouldn't. This game, I just didn't like the fact that the Bears were catching so many points when knew the weather was gonna be bad, and I just I still believe it even after this game. I don't trust Klea Williams in bad weather. I don't think he handles the elements well at all. And in this game he didn't play well, like he was the reason the Saints were in it. Uh, fifteen completions one hundred and seventy three yards and a pick. That's not gonna win you games. But then you look and see how they did win. Swift won twenty four on the ground. Yeah, touchdown average and six yards per carry. Your backups in their average and six yards per carry. Just this is what you wanted to The new NFL is what you want to win with is the run game in the defense, and you guys have it in spades right now. Your defense stepped up. Rattler had won three picks, two picks, three picks a guy one pick coming into the game he only wont to come to the game, and a fumble, So three picks in a fumble. So just a huge win for the Bears. Not an ideal spot for them. Like you said, they're coming off few huge wins that kind of stole. Then they blow a team out. Now this is a big deal. This is like a really feel good team. And you know, in this division, who's to say Green Bays better than the Bears right now? I wouldn't say that. So I've be found pretty good as a Bears team. There's a path to be in a wild card and you haven't had that in a couple of years. Brother, So I've found pretty good about this year. One of the Ben Johnson experience, it's like whatever they paid him, I know, people were like arguing another he's gonna be the highest paid coach. He hasn't done anything to earn that. This is why it's like you are paying for these games like this.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's earned it, Brost. You're not dealing with a highly functioning franchise in terms of the executive ranks or ownership, and you're definitely not dealing with a fan base that isn't that is at all reasonable, rational or on the edge at all times. Like I'm sick to my stomach watching this team. I'm sick to my stomach. I know Caleb isn't turning the ball over, but I'm really sick to my stomach watching him scramble. I feel like every time it's just catastrophe waiting to happen. But Wow, Ben Johnson loves to run the ball, and I feel like that kind of gets forgotten a little bit because the Lions scored so many points, you would forget that they were scoring so many points by running the ball. And what he's done with this run scheme for the Bears and made their offensive line, which credit to the Bears. As much as I ripped their front office, they did a great job rebuilding that offensive line.
Speaker 2: And pro He's going to go to the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'm saying, like he's still playing all pro level for you guys this year. Yes, it's crazy how good he is in that middle blot.
Speaker 2: He's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Darnell Wright has been playing great, Drew Dollman has been playing great. Like they've solid the.
Speaker 2: Most important part of their team.
Speaker 1: And you know, Swift has been what he used to be a guy who got three yards and then fell and now he's getting fifteen yards and running through tackle.
Speaker 3: So he used to be going to that Ben Johnson got rid of.
Speaker 2: And that's right.
Speaker 4: So like that's why again I'd be still excited if I'm a Bears fan because this is not his team.
Speaker 3: Like he's gonna just through these drafts.
Speaker 4: After these, the front offense will realize, let this guy pick his guys in the offense, he's we're running his scheme all right, your GM. Just because he wants to act like he earns the check, let him run the defense. You gotta let Bengal get his guys because, like I said, Swift, you're saying how Grady looks in this offense. Come on, we know Swift is good, but like, let him go get his guy in the draft. He's running back and yeah, I'm just like I said, Bears, it ain't gonna be pretty this year, but man, you guys keep winning ugly games, and that's that's the sign of a really good team.
Speaker 1: Speaking of winning, today, the Philadelphia Eagles had their best game in a year and probably other than the Super Bowl. Jalen Hurts had his best game in the year and certainly their best game this season. They beat the Philadelphia the Minnesota Vikings in Minnesota. Minnesota was plus two and a half. I mean, I'm glad we talked ourselves out of it when this morning we really talked ourselves out of it because we knew.
Speaker 2: Quinnyon Mitchell was playing.
Speaker 1: That's not why the Eagles won this game, dude, Like, how did you feel as a fan watching the Eagles do what they did today?
Speaker 3: No, we did get burned by Jallen Carter though that picked six. That was Jalen Carter.
Speaker 4: You put Wentz's lap and that was the difference. I mean, obviously the drop touchdown. Anyone out there that bet it with me that that hurts. Like when they get the touchdown the back of the end zone then replay with a magnifying glass.
Speaker 3: Like, well the vault didn't move, that's not a touchdown. It's like, well, damn, I guess you're right. It's not. No cover that was the cover.
Speaker 2: That was that's how we were getting it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was right there.
Speaker 4: So the pick six, like we always said, anytime you have that with a dog, you're always pretty much dead. But the Eagles let us hang around. There's still just something wrong with that team. And uh, like you said that, I guess could be the best game Hurts sat this year. I still think that Rams game was even more oppressive, just because they were dead as dead. The defense knew he had to throw for three quarters and Hurts still somehow did it against a has We're seeing a pally good Rams team, This Fightings team. Shocking how this game went. Their number two against the pass and football. So their strength is the pass, their weakness is the run. Barkley is just non existent. He had eighteen carries for forty five yards. I mean it's crazy. So Hurts like the first time in his career that I can remember, he had negative ten rushing yards. I don't think he's ever had negative ten rushing yards or like under a rushing yard in a game, and then threw for three hundred and twenty six yards and three touchdowns.
Speaker 1: So just.
Speaker 3: Not the way we want to win as an Eagles fan, that's my biggest takeaway.
Speaker 4: It's fun. I'm happy because it shuts up the idiots for a day. That Hurts is a bad quarterback and he can't throw the ball. But this is not how the Eagles want to win. We need to figure out this run blocking scheme. Our offensive line still has major issues. And yeah, it's it's a good win. I'll give him that, But another game of physically stole on like that. They got issues. Man, That Carson Wentz was terribly sloppy, really bad, and they, like we said, had a chance to win that game at the very end.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's Dante Smith career high. Give him some props.
Speaker 4: Davonte Smith one hundred and eighty three yards, receiving most of his career ever in a game. So yeah, really impressive game by Hurts. But still, as an Egles fan, major major issue still in this Eagles team.
Speaker 1: Perfect QB rating, first foreign completions, three touchdown passes, in the first time in more than a year he's thrown for more than three hundred yards.
Speaker 2: But you're totally right.
Speaker 1: The Eagles still probably should have lost that game. The Vikings were five of six for field goals versus touchdowns. In the red zone today. So they got into the red zone six times, kicked five field goals.
Speaker 2: Had one touchdown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Wentz was terrible.
Speaker 1: Because Carson Wentz in the red zone had two terrible sacks on separate drives and on another drive had an intentional grounding where where he just tossed the ball underhanded under pressure to nobody that knocked him back from the nine on a I think second in goal to the nineteen.
Speaker 2: For a third in goal. It was terrible. He kept in the game with kept us in the game with the legs, but frustrating game to watch if you if you had the vikings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, brutal, no cover and yes, Simon says, just in the toilet right.
Speaker 1: Now, Washington at Dallas two and a half. Look, it was the right conversation for us. We just had a debate about the wrong team. We were debating the Browns and the Cowboys, and we probably should have been debating the Cowboys and the Chargers and the Cowboys of the Titans and dak once again, brilliant, brilliant, and George Pickens amazing. At one point, George Pickens had a pass that when he was leaning left, the pass went over his right shoulder towards the sideline. He was able to corral it, and as he was in the air, his whole body went limp, Like you could literally see his legs just sort of get rubbery, and so he could drop and get his knees on the ground before he went out of bounds. He's playing out of his mind right now. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And another game where you know, whatever weaknesses that Cowboys defense has, it's just a juggernaut, like you said, offensively, c Ceedee Lamb coming back now to an offense that didn't miss a beat without him, like Pickings Pickens, Ferguson the tight end.
Speaker 3: He's probably the number one tight end football right now. Ferguson.
Speaker 4: And another game where you know, didn't have many yards, we had two big touchdowns. He just they're just really instync. Dak is just playing out of this world. And there's a reason, you know, even he had a losing record, people are saying he should be the MVP. Conversation, it's fair, like, I know he won't win it if he goes eight to nine, nine and eight and Mahomes does what Mahomes does, which is what he's doing this year. Mahams is gonna win it, but Mahomes was his division has a better record.
Speaker 3: He'll win it.
Speaker 4: But it's a fair debate right now, Like between him and Baker and Mahomes them off their teams, they're all in.
Speaker 2: The dumb do not do not forget Drake May Drake.
Speaker 3: May for MVP, Yeah alright, and DeAndre Swift Yeah, but yeah, I just I can't believe it.
Speaker 4: Like as the only guy here that thought Dak was worthy of being their top ten.
Speaker 3: I feel pretty good about my preseason love for da because, like I said, we all left him for dead. Everyone left Ak for dead. And just because he did look bad last year. Remember those first four or five games before he got hurt, he did look bad. I got white. People are so off of him. But this is Dak playing at the highest level right now, and it's interesting. Schottenheimer a lot.
Speaker 2: Of shit in the summer, A very impressive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, offense is not the problem right now, clearly, like you said, Ibra Fluf in that defense that still might be the Achilles heel.
Speaker 1: Listen, all all credit to Brian schottenheimmer Like, yeah, no one gave him any chance to be good coach.
Speaker 2: He got laughed at the entires drop.
Speaker 4: Season memory, how mad you were at me because I spent five minutes talking about him in the summer.
Speaker 2: I don't remember anything.
Speaker 3: You raged about it. You said, why did you waste five minutes?
Speaker 4: We should have been talking about raybel which is fair bout you spent five minutes. But yeah, I just said, everyone left this guy for dead.
Speaker 3: He might be a good coach.
Speaker 1: Hey, to my credit, I didn't leave Dak for dead, because to leave someone for dead you have to remember they're in the league. And I had just completely forgotten until you said Dak, And I'm like, oh, yeah, that guy, that guy, and he's doing all right, Simon.
Speaker 2: So look we're one and two.
Speaker 1: It has been a crazy, crazy end to a bunch of these games, the Packers and the Cardinals.
Speaker 2: The Packers do not look very good right now.
Speaker 1: This is now four weeks in a row where they have not looked good, including coming out of a ten day rest. You could argue that Jacoby Brissette should be the starting quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals and not Kyler Murray, because he's made them significantly more competitive in much more difficult spots. The Denver Bronco won a miraculous game. The Kansas City Chiefs won by thirty one points. The New York Jets lost at home as one and a half point underdogs to the Carolina Panthers by a touchdown.
Speaker 3: Carolina Panthers, they've became a favorite the Jets before kickoff, so think about those pros hammering that with that big money.
Speaker 4: And yeah, Brace Young didn't finish the game unfortunately. I think he got knocked out as Andy Dalton had to finish shit and they just did nothing that second half.
Speaker 3: But coming to the.
Speaker 4: Game, Bryce Young, Panthers, they're one and fifteen on the road, huge win, first win, is a favorite in like five years.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I know our kids are growing up. Brain. Friend of our eyes are Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 2: They really are.
Speaker 1: Dave Canalis, good for him, Yeah, good for him. Let's do a shame.
Speaker 3: Shame on you.
Speaker 1: I was gonna give my shame to ca Ward because he has now become the poster child for incompetence, but I think for the second week in a row, I'm giving it to the Chargers. So shame on us for continuing to invest in the Chargers, and shame on the Chargers for basically giving up like anytime they got close in that game, they found a way to give it back to the Indianapolis cult whether it was they drove down the field and finally had success and then Justin Herbert throws in the red zone, interception in the end zone, or when they finally score a touchdown and it looks like they might be able to make a play and then they give up the long kick return to the Indianapolis Colts. Their defense on multiple third downs. There was a third down where they had third and seventeen and they gave up a forty yard dime to Alec Pierce because Daniel Jones found him wide open streaking towards the sideline. Like, the defense is pathetic, the coaching was pathetic, the play was pathetic. This team. Shame on them, Shame on them for wasting our time today.
Speaker 3: Size same, same, same, same, shame on I'm gonna go up the books.
Speaker 4: I won't be too mad in my own picks because I made those picks and they were all terrible today, Just awful betting wise a team. I did love that you were on the other side. We didn't really fight about it or talk about him much. This Giants team, how do you lose that game. Shame on the Giants. It was basically nineteen nothing with the start of the fourth quarter. They scored Denver scores to get the two pointer. It's nineteen to eight. Dark gets the ball back on a third and seventeen from Denver's forty one. He throws a pass that bounces off his own guy's hands into the hands of Theo Johnson who takes it for a forty one yard touchdown.
Speaker 3: Again a deflected ball for the Giants.
Speaker 4: So now the Giants are up twenty six to eight with ten to fourteen left in the fourth quarter. Chad, what did you believe it if I told you they lost that game to that Denver team with Boonick. So just a shame on the Giants. That felt like the type of game for your season, right, you could either go three, you could go to three and four if you're the Giants, huge wins, two huge wins in a row. They lose it now two and five. It just well, see what the head coach can do and try to hold it together. But man, that is a disaster loss and huge, huge win for Denver.
Speaker 3: That stole one there at the end.
Speaker 1: Now five and two, how they stole it out of no idea because they had multiple chances on the last drive to stop the Giants before they scored what looked like could potentially be the game winning touchdown. They had two interceptions where players collided with each other that could have ended the drive. And then of course, they got called for a pass interference in the end zone on a third and nineteen that Sean Payton was so mad about he got called for a personal fil because he ran out of the field and was yelling at the refs literally in front of the end zone in the middle of the field where the two yard line. Is apoplectic. The fact they came back and won that game on to just one miracle pass, one great pass by Bo Nicks.
Speaker 2: Good for the Broncos. Who is your hero of the week?
Speaker 3: La mural.
Speaker 4: I have to go with Chad and the Browns. That was our hero call of the week. You stuck with it, like you said, wasn't feeling great about this morning, worried about the weather.
Speaker 3: You were on it all week, hung in there, gave it to us.
Speaker 4: We still have never gone oh to five and thanks to Chad, we will not be going five this week. Got our one win one and two, gonna sweep Monday night to be two.
Speaker 1: We can still be three and two. That hair the lack of a haircut is still in play.
Speaker 4: I was like, maybe I'll go get a cut tomorrow. It's like, now you can't do anything, gotta wait.
Speaker 1: I was thinking today, I'm not gonna know how we did until Tuesday morning because I won't be awake at the end of the Texans.
Speaker 4: Don't just open one eye and check your phone at midnight or one in the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, I might go to bed at nine.
Speaker 1: I'll take a melatonein, start reading and like ignore everything, just so I'm not even close to being anxious. I'll probably have to get up at p at like two, so maybe I'll check down, but I'm hoping not to. My hero of the week is also Cleveland, specifically the Cleveland defense. Just to be more on point about how bad Dylan Gabriel was and this offense was.
Speaker 2: The Browns had.
Speaker 1: Fewer total yards, fewer total plays. They only had one hundred and sixteen passing yards total, They averaged barely more than three yards per carry, and went four of eleven on third downs. Yet this game was never a sweat thanks to all the forced turnovers, including three picks by Tua, including a pick six to start the second half, and then another pick when Tua was throwing from deep in his end zone that the Browns returned to about the two and then scored a touchdown right after. Like we should be heroes of the week for pulling the trigger on this game.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Before we get to the leans and comments, Simon says, was Minnesota plus two and a half. Chad choice was Cleveland minus two and a half. Brass Balls was Tennessee plus seven. Rock in a hard Place was Dallas plus two and a half. So good for us, sharper square were committed to Tomorrow night. I got Houston plus three. You got Detroit minus five and a half. Our favorites, Parlay, you had the Chiefs minus five and a half. In there, we also had Green Bay, Chicago, Denver, the Chargers, Pats, and Detroit. So still some options alive here right Underdog Parlay Vikings, no Cowboys, yes, Jets, no Falcons, Texans Tomorrow survivor.
Speaker 2: Was chief all right?
Speaker 1: A lot of our views are asking us to please blacklist the Chargers and blacklist the Titans.
Speaker 3: Agree, I agree with the Titans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we can just every week we'll spend a minute on their game.
Speaker 2: Hopefully, maybe I'll just start skipping it.
Speaker 3: We're just again every guy every told you every week.
Speaker 4: These guys are my dms. We could start fading the Titans. It's a cash cow, don't matter who the coach is, apparently.
Speaker 2: Honest to god, we could just start fading them.
Speaker 1: That should be. That's honestly the play. What are our leans for next week?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 4: Look, you try to be quick just because we're running a little late. Just to some numbers that jumped out. Saints. They're plus six and a half at home against the Bucks. Again, you don't have to grab it if you don't want to so early, I could probably see it going up. It's just gonna only professionals grabbing the Saints at this point. But I just I like that number. It's across the keydomer of six, So I am grabbing it. Ravens minus six and a half at home against the Bears.
Speaker 3: Yeah, interesting spot.
Speaker 4: It's a Bears team that can't stop the running going against with Lamar back, the best running attack.
Speaker 3: In football most likely with Derrick Henry. So interesting spot. Bad spot for the Bears.
Speaker 4: Feel like, we can't overthink it, probably should just take the Ravens here.
Speaker 3: This is the Ravens line.
Speaker 4: That's it's interesting they opened it so high.
Speaker 1: I'm really surprised they opened it that high because when I saw it, I felt like, huh, that's kind of line you post when Lamar Jackson has been playing great and yeah, and they're four and two coming off of bye.
Speaker 4: We got a Tomlin spot Pittsburgh plus three at home against Green Bay.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, we gotta do that.
Speaker 4: So very interesting to open that plus three because I know right away we're gonna grab that. And last one, I just can't believe this line Eagles or minus seven against the Giants at home. It's the Giants team that beat them up not even two weeks ago. Interesting just because the Eagles offensive line is not going to be healthy and that was a brutal loss for the Giants. So the books are kind of showing their hand. You're saying that this Giants team, they don't think it's gonna react well to that loss.
Speaker 3: I thought that was interesting. So not going to.
Speaker 4: Grab the Eagles yet, but it's if it gets to the minus seven and a half I'll be mad that I'm kicking myself that I missed the minus seven, but definitely definitely like the Eagles on the spot. The line looks like simflated. I think that's correctly priced for the Sego team against the Giants.
Speaker 1: One of the games that popped to me that I tried to bet and it was taken off the board for a minute was the Kent City Chiefs five and a half against the Commanders. Because it was four and a half, I just thought, is Jaden Daniels going to be playing? Like yeah, you know, so it felt to me like that could be uh potential spot there.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 4: I saw that again taken down too, and that's why I just don't say anything. It's if, it's if, if he is down, you know, this can open up way above seven. Marry Ota versus Bags defense not not ideal for that Washington team.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, what do we think of Cleveland and New England?
Speaker 4: I don't want to get in front New England, be honest. But we'll see what they say about Drick Mayer this week with practice. I know he obviously doesn't have a concussion. He got cleared, but we'll see sometimes symptoms pop back up because he got slammed, like his head slammed on the field really hard. But that's a Patriots line minus six and a half. A couple of books, trit In minus went fifteen, minus went twenty on the six and a half at home against the Browns, and Chad knows, I don't bet Browns on the road. Their defense is not travel has not traveled yet this season, So that's a that's a nice spot for the Patriots.
Speaker 1: I'm very very very very very tempted by Denver minus three at home against Alas.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, and it's already hit the minus one twenty, So you're on the you're on the professional side. The pros are coming in early on Denver. That's probably right.
Speaker 3: I can't I can't do it yet, man, I just my god, bo Nicks, I can't trust.
Speaker 2: It's I know, I know it's awful, truly is all right?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Real quickly?
Speaker 1: The Falcons and Niners have kicked off.
Speaker 2: I believe they've kicked off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, forty nine Ers have the ball at midfield.
Speaker 2: In the end.
Speaker 1: I feel like we were kind of split on this. I was leaning Niners and you were leaning Falcons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I bet Falcons just because I just the Fred Taylor experiment, can't trust it. But honestly, just after today, I'm glad we didn't take this one. I have no real read on it either. Forty nine ers like we've seen before there when you count them out, you believe it on that's users Shanny and shows up and dominates these games. So if you like Atlanta, they're plus three and a half right now.
Speaker 1: All right, reminder that we have the Texans plus three and a half and the Lions minus four and a half tomorrow night. Those are the last two games of our final five. We are one and two so far. On the day we won with the Browns minus two and a half, lost with the Titans, and lost.
Speaker 2: With the Chargers.
Speaker 1: This has been Sharper Square presented by hard Rock Bet, part of the Volume podcast Network. We will be back with our next Sharper Square on Tuesday. To go over the entire NFL slate, watch or listen on YouTube.
Speaker 2: At Sharper Square.
Speaker 1: Like this video, subscribe to the channel. Also download from Spotify, Apple Pods wherever you get your pods. Rate review, subscribe, leave us five stars, say whatever you want. Feedback is a gift until next time, Love you,