Speaker 1: Unpacking the Toolbox is a production of Shondaland Audio in partnership with Iheartradios Katie Tho.
Speaker 2: Guiermo. Did you get a haircut?
Speaker 3: I did on Saturday. I got a haircut. Do you like it?
Speaker 2: And you have plain brown hair?
Speaker 3: Yes? Can you believe it? I had it died first.
Speaker 1: I had a bleach blonde, then I dyed it blue. For a while, I had a green before the blue, then blue, and then auditions started to pick up and my manager was like, you need to dye your hair back to black or back to brown.
Speaker 4: I love your manager's so much that they say that stuff to you. I feel like not all managers would do that. This is a really personal question too that I've always I think I want to ask you and you don't have to answer honestly, But like, do you shave into your eyebrows?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do, just a think. I don't do it. My barber does it.
Speaker 2: Is there a name for that?
Speaker 3: No? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I just like the look it kind of looks like I got, you know, like I have a scar almost or whatever. And then if I like, I just did the good doctor and not too long ago, and they just you know, they just color it colored in.
Speaker 3: And covered up. It's such an easy cover up.
Speaker 4: An eyebrow scar is very hot, it's very attractive. I want to say, Jason Momoa has one. Oh my son busted his eyebrow when he was eighteen months old and has a really nice eyebrow scar. That is good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh, I hope it stays with him for.
Speaker 2: Oh it's that whole life.
Speaker 4: He completely has it. It's white in here, like a white line.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's so cute.
Speaker 4: And I was so upset. Oh my god, I sobbed when it happened. I was like his perfect angelic face that I created in my own body. And then I both myself has been completely tainted by this fareva scar and now I'm obsessed with it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: What was the accident was?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it was awful.
Speaker 4: He was sitting on my lap and I was just reading him a book or something like that, like I was sitting crisscross applesauce, and he like soot up and went to the bookshelf to go grab another book, and he tripped on my knee and nailed his face on the corner of the bookshelf.
Speaker 2: It was like a year and a half.
Speaker 4: He wasn't really great at walking yet and he nailed and it was just like this big open cut in his eyebrow. And I swear I spent a good four hours going down a total spiral of looking up every hot person that has an eyebrow scar.
Speaker 2: You were like, this is to make sure that my son is okay.
Speaker 4: And there are plenty it's and you yourself are giving one bulloh opting for that.
Speaker 3: Hello, I'm shaving into it myself.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, You're not gonna believe this.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 4: On November fifteenth, twenty eighteen, Momoa was slashed in the face with a broken beer glass at Bird's Cafe No in Hollywood, California. He received one hundred and forty stitches during reconstructive surgery, which resulted in the scar on his left eyebrow.
Speaker 3: Yo, that's messed up. Who the hell sliced into his face?
Speaker 2: Have you ever gotten to a fight in a bar? No?
Speaker 3: No, I haven't.
Speaker 2: I've never even gotten into a fight. Have you been in a fight?
Speaker 1: Shit? I have, but it's been like quick, not like a full on like I remember too growing up in New York, like friends that would be like yo, after school and then they'd like take their shirts off.
Speaker 3: All the kids would come out to watch. It was like a freaking boxing match, and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I've gotten into like, you know, shoving matches and a little bit of fighting, but very quickly.
Speaker 2: Did you ever throw a punch, like at somebody's face?
Speaker 1: I have thrown a punch, yeah, And I didn't like it. I don't like it at all.
Speaker 4: I'm so interesting because you always play such I feel like you play some pretty fucking badass characters that have been in a lot of fights.
Speaker 3: Which is interesting.
Speaker 1: You're saying this, Katie, because in this episode that we're about to talk about, it's called Mama Said Knock you Out, Yes, and and Huck beat up on a B six thirteen agent. There's a couple of punches thrown in this episode. So that's so interesting that you're segueing into this thing.
Speaker 2: Honey, It's so good. Oh, aren't I I'm incredible?
Speaker 3: Hello, You're like, dumb motherfucker. I planned this show.
Speaker 2: I had no idea. This is coincidental. I had literally no idea. I don't know why we're talking about fighting, oh, because we're talking about Jason Momoa's eyebrow.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Gladiators, we're excited about this episode. Though.
Speaker 4: This episode is pisode three fifteen. It's called Mama Said Knock You Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh shout out? Oh cool Jay?
Speaker 4: Oh, el l cool Jay. I saw him once at a diner in Long Island.
Speaker 1: You did, Have you ever met that? I've never No, I've never met him, but I did a movie. I was in a movie with him called Into Deep, but I didn't have any scenes with him, but I love him.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: So Mama Said Knock You Out aired on March twenty seven, twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: And it was written by Zahir McGhee and directed by Tony Goldwin.
Speaker 3: What what, Oh my god? What what what?
Speaker 4: This episode is chock full guest starring John Tennys, Andrew Nichols, Candy Alexander Is, Maya Lewis, Dylan Minnette as Jerry Grid Junior.
Speaker 2: Oh God, he's gonna die so sad, but not in this episode.
Speaker 4: Madeline Carrol is Karen grit nazanin Boniati's Ad Non.
Speaker 1: Salif, Charmila Davar is Lauren Wellman, Mackenzie Aston is Noah Baker, Carlo Rota as Ivan Molly Bakers, Rachel Moss, Troy Wynn Bush as Morris Elcott, and Eben Ham as Tanner Shaw.
Speaker 4: Okay synopsis. When Olivia can't cancel an impending Grant family interview, we roll back the clock to view the chaos that led up to the minute before. Literally, Melly and Andrew continue their affair while Olivia digs dirt up on the grandchildren, only to uncover some minor political bashing that becomes a bigger problem.
Speaker 1: Then Adnan shows up to o Pa, seemingly turning herself in while Quinn tries to reclaim some power back from Huck. Moments before the interview, Fits learns about Melly's affair. Miraculously, they pull it together at the last moment, as Olivia and Quinn both get some shocking news at the end of the episode, Wow, what the hell?
Speaker 2: This episode is a ringer.
Speaker 3: It's fun, it's a doozy.
Speaker 2: It's a doozy and.
Speaker 4: We really get This is the episode where we really get the Grant kids. They have to carry a lot of acting scenes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Katie, my first thought was what a couple of spoiled brats. These two fucking schlubs are like they're just moping around all pissed off about what, like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your mommy, ooh, you're in Dan, you're going to this fancy fucking school and you're going to this fancy school and you're so miserable about your parents, like when when?
Speaker 1: When? And the girls like get out of my bedroom and that once. I'm like, girl, I didn't even have my own bedroom. At least you have your own bedroom to ask somebody to get out. You're annoying me, I know. And this episode starts at ten right off the.
Speaker 4: Top, Yeah, I wrote dinner with Fits and Melly and Karen and Jerry. It is the worst family dinner ever. And he says, at the end of the day, let's remember that we.
Speaker 2: Love each other.
Speaker 4: And then I was like, yikes, doesn't seem like nobody loves nobody in this family.
Speaker 1: Right, I was just gonna say really quick, and Melly to the daughter, She's like, I don't know if you're still vegan, but I think this is made with nuts, and she's I'm just gonna eat the salad girl.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 2: Whatever. Quinn does okay in this episode.
Speaker 1: I listen, this is ponytail, Quinn. I call it ponytail. Quinn is a bad ass. Yo. Whenever you see Quinn in a ponytail, you know some badass stuff is gonna go down in the episode.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's exactly exactly right. But Quinn in this episode is Charlie is a dog with a.
Speaker 4: Bone, is going after Quinn so hard? What do you mean, Huck was in your apartment? What happened in your apartment? When did he push you?
Speaker 2: Did he push you?
Speaker 3: Before?
Speaker 2: And after? And he's quizzing me. He's like, you, guys, argue before, did you before he pushed you?
Speaker 3: Or after he pushed She's jealous.
Speaker 4: Possessive, and creepy as shit. Quinn constantly just trying to calm this psychopath of a boyfriend who seems as abusive and possessive and jealous as all hell. Ladies listening to this podcast, if you got a boyfriend that's acting.
Speaker 2: Like that, get out.
Speaker 1: But yo, But Katie just ended to play devil's advocate in his defense.
Speaker 3: Quinn is straight up aling to him. He's he's la la la lying.
Speaker 1: So he has a reason to be this sort of jealous and inquisitive because she's straight.
Speaker 3: Up lying to him.
Speaker 2: Yes she did make out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yes, by my case, No boyfriend like that.
Speaker 2: No, he's quizzing her. They're in the car. They're like torturing a guy like bad.
Speaker 4: They're in the clear, Aprinds, she's ponytail, Quinn, this is all happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have Dmitri in the trunk, the guy that they're gonna they're about to torture.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back, guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, what else do we got?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: Other highlights of this episode? Favorite favorite scenes.
Speaker 1: This is the episode that made me think, don't these people lock their doors when they're about to fuck around with somebody that they're not supposed to be sucking around with, even if you're will be working around with them, lock the door.
Speaker 3: You're in the White House.
Speaker 1: Mellie goes down on Andrew Nichols and leaves the door unlocked.
Speaker 3: Her daughter walks right in. What the hell? Come on, I don't get it.
Speaker 4: You were the best trailer locker listening ever.
Speaker 1: White Trailer Debauchery Guermo was always locked.
Speaker 3: It was the lock.
Speaker 4: I take it from somebody who I never locked my door. I never locked my trailer door. I am not a door locker. Really, Yeah, it's bad. I don't like really bad, and you know what, you're right because like at some point my kids are coming in and I don't even have locks on my door.
Speaker 3: You don't. Oh wow, do.
Speaker 2: You have locks on your bedroom door in your house?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lock on the bedroom door. There's a lock in the room I'm in right now.
Speaker 1: The lock is a horse that slides overcause they don't have the secret bookcase in this room that I'm in.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, because you grew up with three boys in a bedroom and like you didn't have any of your own space ever.
Speaker 1: Probably and now I like privacy, like don't be coming in my room unless you knock. And even on set I remember, and not only on Scandal, on other projects people would you know the ad Will the eighty or their second and whoever comes to.
Speaker 2: Get your base camp, whoever's like running base.
Speaker 1: Camp like a courtesy knock and then open the door, No, bitch, knock and then wait for me to open the door, enter or us or you open the door your ex exactly.
Speaker 3: Don't be opening the door after you knock.
Speaker 1: This episode also reminds me of the shenanigans that were going on when Kelly on Conway Hasty Secretary yea.
Speaker 3: And her kids.
Speaker 1: Do you remember her daughter was like on TikTok, totally talking shit about her mother.
Speaker 4: And this is what's happening in the episode, because we learned that Jerry Junior has created some fake Twitter account or something that's super against his dad's presidency and her his dad running for a second term. Yes, talk and abby they like shut the Twitter account down.
Speaker 1: Yes, and he's playing on wearing that shirt. Oh yeah, the governor resting like wear is about.
Speaker 4: To come out there, this little spoiled privileged shit. Yeah, and come out there wearing a governor rest.
Speaker 2: In t shirt.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: But Olivia's bitey senses catch that, right, because when she's having that little talk with with Jerry and Karen, she then she talks out and remember who she talks about. She's like there was something off. I'm not sure what it is, but look into those kids, and she was right.
Speaker 3: She was spault spolt on.
Speaker 2: Okay, what else did we like in this episode? I'm okay. I wrote and add Non and Harrison fuck again.
Speaker 1: Yay?
Speaker 3: Yeah it sure did.
Speaker 4: They have sex again? I think the entire section Melly is going down on andrew daughter. Karen walks in sees it storms out, Melly goes running after her. Karen is crying, and Fits also comes in, and now every buddy's there, and Karen's like, Melly.
Speaker 2: Is screwing Uncle Andrew and Fits.
Speaker 4: That's how Fitz learns that Melly is having an affair with his best friend of a million years, who's sharing the ticket with Andrew Nichols. And I just love so much how that all unraveled. And then it's just so sad because they're in this horrible fight and we realize that Fits isn't upset because she's cheating. He's upset because he just thought she was like done with being sexual, because we flashed back to the time when Jerry Grant raped her, and every time after that that Fitz would try to touch her, she like cowers.
Speaker 2: Away, and obviously there's so much trauma there.
Speaker 4: And he was like, I just thought you fell out of love with me, you didn't like sex anymore, and you had the baby, and that happens to women sometimes when they get pregnant and have babies, and Babe didn't want me, and he was like, really, I'm just heartbroken that it's not that you didn't want sex.
Speaker 2: It's that you didn't want me me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was such a great scene.
Speaker 1: But then you see it on Bellamy's face, on Melly's face that she wants to tell him, but she just can't. She knows that it'll destroy fits if she tells him that your dad raped me.
Speaker 3: That's time.
Speaker 2: I'm like, can she just tell him?
Speaker 3: Oh, just fucking tell him. Isn't he dead at this point already?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's dead, Just tell him.
Speaker 4: Maybe she's I think she's not really telling him because she's still afraid that the sun might not be fitz.
Speaker 3: Oh. Maybe at this point she's.
Speaker 4: Like situation, yeah, and I think she's more heartbroken that their kid might not be theirs.
Speaker 3: It might be, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: But there's also that moment, Katie that you were just talking about when Karen walks in on Melly on her knees and she storms out, and then Olivia comes out and bumps into Melly with her dress half off and Mellie's and Olivia's like, oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Again we lock them doors, lock them doors, Like why are you locked them doors?
Speaker 1: With the White House like you're doing this. Do you think Bill Clinton locked that door when he was doing the nasty Monica Lewinsky.
Speaker 4: He must have he must have adored.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 4: There's like a very sexual moment for people who like the steamy, steamy sins.
Speaker 2: Of Steamy Sins of Scandal.
Speaker 4: But I wrote whoa Fitz and Olivia are making out in their area of the Oval office, and at the same time, Millie and Andrew were making out in the dining room and it's hot and he's like asking her do you like it there or there? And she's like both And it's like heavy breathing.
Speaker 3: What the what?
Speaker 1: And people are worried about me having sex in my trailer. Meanwhile, this show, look at this, He's got his hand up her skirt.
Speaker 3: You like it there or there?
Speaker 2: Who is writing this?
Speaker 4: And also yay us, I'm always about it because I'm like, you know what, our show was super violent. I feel like Shanda used to always be like, it's crazy how standards and practices the organization that sort of clears what can be put on a network show. It's like unbelievable what goes through in terms of violence, but what oh yeah gets flagged in terms of sexual activity.
Speaker 2: It's just crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's such a it's such a I don't know if double standard is the right word or it's shocking that they'll show like someone's head getting blown off, Yes, but if you put your hand up someone's skirt, like that's an issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or you know what I meanst once like sexes like yes.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Another scene, Katie that stuck out to me. In this episode, there's a phone call between Maya Pope and Olivia and where Live calls Maya a terrorist and Maya's all, Sweetie, you're the help doing this work for all these white people.
Speaker 3: What about you, girl?
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna how about I don't mess into your business and you don't go into my business and will be good. Oh but that's such a powerful scene because that's that you could see the light bulb go off in Olivia's head of her thinking, oh my god, am I just the help?
Speaker 4: And she feels like the help in this episode. I mean, I might be a dick, but like, yeah, she's running around cleaning up oh yeah, after their stupid, fucking trivial family scenes to get this family in a place where they could do a family interview that's supposed to help him and his election to second term. And it's like the whole time she's running around cleaning up you know this one, give it a blowjob to this one and this son fucking wearing this T shirt and wearing this Twitter account and like Karen won't go on in the school play.
Speaker 2: Or like whatever it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then this follows itself where she asks Cyrus, She's like, are we just the help? Like what am I doing? Is this worth it? Like I am like this sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then and it's also it's such a power scene when Fits is arguing with Mellie after he finds out that she's messing around with Andrew Nichols, and Olivia comes in and she's like, you guys, you have to knock, and Fitch turns on her and says, I'm.
Speaker 3: Talking to my wife. Oh, and that just is she feels.
Speaker 4: Like the help, she shook. Yes, she feels like the help. She feels like the mistress, she feels like the woman, she feels like a side piece, she feels all those things tiny and shitty.
Speaker 1: And yeah, but in an instant he regreted immediately, Yes, yes, yes, such a great.
Speaker 2: Scene, such a great scene.
Speaker 1: But then from that point on, Olivia's like, this is my job. I am here to work. This is my job.
Speaker 3: She's like, oh no, no more of this help nonsense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we will be back with more after the break.
Speaker 2: Wait, what the hell is Hawk doing in this episode?
Speaker 1: In this episode, he's trying to get Quinn back. Remember, he's trying to get her out of be six thirteen.
Speaker 2: This is that scene, Kata this Hollywood Cemetery.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, oh my god, I remember Tony Goldwyn directing this scene with us.
Speaker 2: Do you remember this?
Speaker 1: I remember shooting it at Hollywood Cemetery. I remember being there with you, but I don't remember him directing it.
Speaker 3: Isn't that weird?
Speaker 2: This is what I remember?
Speaker 4: Okay, So for gladiators listening, this is the scene where obviously Huck and Quinn have like texted and be like, let's meet at this super fucking shady bridge in this terrifying cemetery because this is the ship that turns us on. We're standing on this bridge and we're both in our leather coats and I lick your face. Oh and then we make out yeah pretty hotly in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, she says, yeah, that says something like you were ready to kill me and you licked my face. You were ready to kill me. But then when your tongue goes in my mouth, that's a whole different story. Now that changes everything. And then Quinn licks huck and she's like, I'm to give you a taste of your own medicine.
Speaker 4: But yeah, oh, you pull my teeth out, you lick my face. And now that I've shoved my tongue down your throat, Oh now you like me. Now you want me back, Now you want me a O pa.
Speaker 1: Yes, because the last time we saw them make out was in Quinn's apartment when they have that.
Speaker 2: Where he and what I'm lying to Charlie about, nothing happened.
Speaker 4: He didn't do anything. He pushed me, like, we didn't make out. I'm not super into this dude.
Speaker 3: Super yes, yes, super We take.
Speaker 4: Out And this is what I remember about twenty Goldwin saying it was we shot that scene at night.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and it was really dark.
Speaker 4: This is our six degrees of horror because we literally for g on this episode because we literally shot this scene in the Hollywood Forever Cemetery, which was so cool to do.
Speaker 3: It's so cool. It's such a beautiful space.
Speaker 4: It's such a beautiful cemetery, and it's so filled with just Hollywood legends. Yeah, and you Ben Garland watch movies there, Judy Garland.
Speaker 3: Judy Garland is buried there. Who else? I feel like Marilyn Monroe may. I don't know. It's just a ton of.
Speaker 4: I want to see, but I do remember Tony Goldwyn, who's like the king of on camera makeouts, who's buried hold On in Hollywood Forever Cemetery. He came up to us and said, you know, it's really dark and you guys are just like smashing your faces into each other to make out, which obviously we were very good at that, but he was like, I need there to be some like some breaking a part of the kissing because I am having a hard time seeing it because it's all this looking like a dark mashed potato.
Speaker 2: And do you like my direction there?
Speaker 4: I love it, And instead, so I think that's why, Like, if you really study our smooching in that scene, it's a lot more like I think you can just see a little bit more space between our we.
Speaker 1: Make out close up and then I pull your face back and what we wanted and then we both stick out our tongues, do you remember, and we like our licking each other's tongues.
Speaker 3: It's fucking crazy. I just watched it yesterday.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Coordinator like, oh how do you do that?
Speaker 4: Now you have to be like, I think this is the part where your lung tongue licks your tongue but your lips aren't touching these we are sick.
Speaker 3: Ohs I love it, okay, but it's such a good scene.
Speaker 1: And then Quinn walks away, she gives she makes out with him, does all that, and she's yeah, that's right, that's how it is or something like that, and I say that, yeah, yeah, you say, yeah, that's how it is. And Hawk is just standing there like, oh my god, I love Gwynn.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is crazy.
Speaker 4: This is who's buried there, Demil, Rudolph Valentino, Mickey Rooney, Tyrone Power, Douglas Fairbanks, Johnny and d Ramone, Chris Cornell, Humphrey Bogart, Elizabeth Taylor, Senser, Tracy, Jimmy Stewart, Michael Jackson. This is the other location, Nat King, Cole, Natalie Cole Garland place is Why did everyone want to get buried there? I haven't seen Judy Garland's gravestone? Have you ever seen that?
Speaker 3: I have I've seen it. Yeah, is it cool? It is really cool. It is. I'm so happy we got to film there, I know.
Speaker 4: And it's really cool because there's a ton of like mausoleums, yes, yes, and building structures that are really cool.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the scene to Katie where we're making out. I think after we're done making out in the shot, put sort of pulls in switches into a wide You just see this random swan just swim up right below us.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that.
Speaker 2: I totally remember that. I feel like it's in the shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh yeah, it's totally in the shot. But that's a show swan people.
Speaker 4: It was awesome to shoot there, and I love shooting that scene, and I feel like it's an iconic, iconic awesome quinnin Hook.
Speaker 1: Insane Listen, there's a lot of punching in this episode. Huck Punch is a B six thirteen agent fits punches Andrew Nichols and Quinn and Huck punch each other with their tongues. There's a lot of punching in this episode, y'all.
Speaker 4: Where we covered I don't remember anything about the fashion to you, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't the horror stuff. Listen, Mattalie Carroll who played Karen. That's her name right, the daughter?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is it Karen? She was on R.
Speaker 1: L Stein a TV series called The Haunting Hour and R. L Stein is the person that created Goosebumps. Do you remember Goosebumps? Of course?
Speaker 3: I love I Love Goosebumps.
Speaker 1: And then they made the movie with Jack Black and Dylan Mannette is the lead guy in Goosebumps the movie.
Speaker 2: Who's Dylan Mannette?
Speaker 3: He plays Jerry.
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Did Jerry and Karen have like a couple degrees separation.
Speaker 3: Of Yes, they sure do. But also Katie.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite things in this episode is at the end when everybody makes up and they're like, Okay, we're gonna be good to each other, We're gonna make this interview work. And they all sit down, but then Olivia walks in with freaking baby Gomez from Adam's family. The little baby what's his name? I was like, what is he?
Speaker 3: Teddy?
Speaker 1: I was like, what is this freaking little baby Gomez freaking Adam's family doing here?
Speaker 3: Where's the mustache?
Speaker 2: Baby Gomez? I am dis ceased baby Gomez?
Speaker 4: But does he look and I'm still sticking to my story that baby Teddy was a girl that they kept cutting to having boy haircuts. I really think that's what was happening, if I remember correctly, that happening in the trailer, and.
Speaker 3: Also wrote really quickly.
Speaker 1: Maddeline Cara, who played Karen, was also in a movie called When a Stranger Calls, which is an amazing.
Speaker 2: Hall She's really good at that shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, Now wait, Germo's Six Degrees of Horror.
Speaker 2: I see in our notes here.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah that.
Speaker 4: In addition to Friday the Thirteenth, Tony Goldwyn, who directed this episode, was in The belt Co Experiment in twenty sixteen, which is a twisted social experiment. Eighty Americans are locked in their high rise corporate office in book at That Columbia and it's scary. There's an episode of Really Known, an anthology about a man with a blog that searches for the truth behind supernatural phenomenon documents people's stories of their experiences with the unknown. And then oh, I didn't know this. He was in the Last House on the Left.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right to well, I've.
Speaker 2: Ever seen that movie.
Speaker 3: You have to see it. It's really good, is it so scary?
Speaker 2: Was it so scary?
Speaker 1: It's scary, but it's not crazy scary. I don't think it's a super super scary film.
Speaker 3: But it's good. I think I could handle it. I could handle it like you could handle it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, some tweets.
Speaker 3: I have to whistle?
Speaker 4: Could we do it? Could we actually whistle? If you were going to whistle? The soundtrack to Scandal?
Speaker 3: Oh god, I'm a terrible whistler.
Speaker 2: How does it go?
Speaker 4: It's really hard because it's not really like a melody? What's the one minute song?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I don't even know. I'm errol. I can't, I can't, I can't.
Speaker 4: Okay, we tried, We tried, But let us read some of your tweets. Okay at no MG just Jordan Jasimone tweeted on March twenty seven to twenty fourteen, my TV family, Quinn will come back one day.
Speaker 2: Oh she likes Quinn.
Speaker 1: Let's see bella Dame noir, tweeted Tony Goldwin. Since you directed tonight's episode, nothing will be FITs' fault?
Speaker 3: Right? Please say you edited that out? At Tom Verica hashtag scandal.
Speaker 2: Oh well that means, but what the hell is I think she's.
Speaker 1: Trying to say that it ends up looking like none of this was fits his fault, which I don't agree with. I think you see again the regret when he yells at Olivia and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Emily Favreau tweeted a picture, Hey at Tony goldwhen we think you look like at TVA eight who also worked in the White House.
Speaker 2: Think Fitz would hire him? Who is that?
Speaker 1: No? I don't know, but no, they look related. They look related, but they don't look alike.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they look related that the one on the right is a ginger.
Speaker 3: These yeah.
Speaker 2: Side yeah.
Speaker 1: Abby at Abby Shobs tweeted quinnin Huk are weirdos side?
Speaker 3: What do you call that? Side glance? Yeah, we are weird is good, weirdest good Abby.
Speaker 2: Weird is good.
Speaker 4: Abby at Nikki Loves tweeted when Fitz finds out he ain't the daddy, that scandal episode will be e mosh.
Speaker 3: I don't know what either. It's a tay.
Speaker 2: That's not what happened, right, that ends up daddy is the daddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see. Tazzy Aria tweeted Glass Houses Olivia ashta scandal.
Speaker 3: She's not wrong.
Speaker 1: She's not wrong because she was all pissed at Melly having fucking around with Andrew Nichols, and she's like.
Speaker 2: Girl, She was like, you can't do this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, you're screwing the president.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're screwing the dang president. At Shonda Rhyme's replying to at nerd Lady twenty one and at TV, Taylor tweeted, you can definitely eat during tonight's scandal Tonight's surprises, but not the kind that will make you nauseous.
Speaker 3: Oohoo, I guess our kissing didn't make them nauseous.
Speaker 1: School school, Let's see the fitz Phone at the Fitzphone tweeted, I love Scandal and I love Olitz, but I've been waiting three years for proof that these kids exist.
Speaker 3: This is all I'm worried about right now. True.
Speaker 4: And then last one, ad Franco twelve tweeted, Fits is the worst that makes me feel better. It's not only Quinn haters in the house.
Speaker 3: Right, There's some Fits haters now too.
Speaker 2: And now, what is this?
Speaker 4: Episode? Three sixteen? Next up is called the Fluffer Sluffer?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: I don't remember? I guess we'll find out when we watch it. I don't remember a fluffer is like in porn films, the person that will go and twiddle your your nuts and your wiener to get you to have a boner so you could get ready to shoot the scene.
Speaker 3: A fluffer.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you're I literally thought you were joking and I just looked it up on Wikipedia. Yeah, a fluffer is a person employed to keep a porn performer's penis erect on the set. What are fluffing duties? But you know what fluffing can mean?
Speaker 2: Hold on a second, This is what I thought.
Speaker 4: It's a practice in public relations of spinning a topic to present it in the most positive light.
Speaker 2: That's what it is. It's not regards to porn, but.
Speaker 3: There it's both.
Speaker 1: I think it's both because that's definitely a slang word in porn, a fluffer. There's a fluffer on set that does that.
Speaker 4: There's also a fluffer London Underground, a person who cleans the tunnels during the night while the trains are not running.
Speaker 2: Ooh, who the.
Speaker 4: Hell knows where You're gonna have to tune in to the next episode for us all to learn. Because it's called the fluffer. Fluffer and it's probably awesome. We probably have an amazing guest. Yes, we love you guys. This episode really made me laugh.
Speaker 3: These was fun. This was fun to tape.
Speaker 2: Thanks glad. If you're singing with us, we know what you like the fancy guests.
Speaker 4: But sometimes G and I just want to be selfish and we only want to hang out with each other.
Speaker 1: Yes, and if you liked this episode and other episodes, message us on Instagram and.
Speaker 4: Message us on Instagram. Tell us what you like, tell your friends to subscribe. We want to keep making this as long as you want us to keep making us, so tell your friends Chao Adios.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys for joining us on Unpacking the Toolbox. If you enjoyed the show, please subscribe, share with your friends, rate, or leave us a review.
Speaker 4: Unpacking the Toolbox was executive produced by Sandy Bailey, Alex Alce, Lauren Homan, Tyler Klang, and Gabrielle Collins. Our producer and editor is Vince de Johnny, with music by Chad Fisher.
Speaker 1: Scandal is a production of ABC Signature, and you can follow along by rewatching Scandal on Hulu.
Speaker 4: Unpacking the Toolbox is a production of Shondaland Audio in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from Shondaland Audio.
Speaker 4: Visit the iHeartRadio app or anywhere you subscribe to your favorite shows.