Speaker 1: Look mare, oh, I see you my own look over there is that culture.
Speaker 2: Yes, goodness lost cult ding losing just gave parents to the camera.
Speaker 1: It was involuntary.
Speaker 2: Well we we do praise God. Praise God. By the way, just so everyone knows. Moving forward, this is officially a Christian judaeo Christian podcast.
Speaker 1: Mmmm.
Speaker 2: If you have anything to say negative about the Lord and Savior of Jesus Christ, Old or New Testament, missy, missy, yeah.
Speaker 3: You had a really tragic energy coming in. Not tragic energy, but you were a little ornery.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: I actually, as I was walking here today, I was like, am I gonna show up as my bitchy self today?
Speaker 1: Or am I gonna Am I gonna put up a front?
Speaker 2: No, but I'm choosing to be authentic today and say I'm in a bitchy mood because of two things. And you know when two things go wrong and then everything else is the third thing.
Speaker 1: We know for the domino effect happen.
Speaker 3: Now go on, dominoes have to fall, uh huh, or one has to fall, one has to knock into the second.
Speaker 1: That's actually real culture number eight.
Speaker 2: For the dos to fall, one has to fall into the second.
Speaker 1: Not so tell us what happened.
Speaker 2: Well, the first thing was today I was coming back into New York City, well way, thank you so much from Long Island, New York. Because it was, of course the day of Mother's Mother's Day. I spent the day with Katrina and Co and I came back in today and was going to open my AirPods. Classic comedy. They fell out onto the train tracks and would you believe there actually was a moment where I was like, can I go on the train tracks and get my air pods? And I said, can you imagine that type of death for me?
Speaker 1: Third rail? And then you were gonna get railed tonight? Okay.
Speaker 2: So then the second thing was I get a text like immediately after the air pods are gone, I did not hop on the track that says my Dick appointments that I had to cancel.
Speaker 1: And I wanted to discuss the reason that he gave.
Speaker 2: We don't know the reason. We're about to get the big no, and I said, the snake is eating its own tail. In the gay community, when it comes to reasons for canceling on dick.
Speaker 1: Appointment, I've heard them all.
Speaker 2: This is what I've used. Having an emergency with his closest friend. I said, you know what, just say that your friend needs you. When you said closest friend, that's what that was the tell I'm having an emergency with my closest friend and they really need me. Dot dot dot really wanted to hang out, wondering about later or maybe when you get back to New York. This is fine, this is not a big deal. I'm just saying I've used that excuse. I'm not sure what the better excuse would be a excuse.
Speaker 3: Those are two severe words that are used in proximity to each other.
Speaker 2: That is suspicious, emergency, closest emergency, and closest friend. Like, it's not just something came up. An emergency came up. Now it's just a friend, No, the closest friend. So what I'm saying is we need to come up with new especially, we need new excuses. And I would love to brainstorm today. Yeah, with our noted queer guests, one of the biggest queers. That's gonna be really fun to be. But I think that I really needed the dick after the AirPods went away. I was already excited about it. You know who wants to fuck you? My dad? We can't talk about it.
Speaker 1: No, I actually don't tell me what I can't talk about. I'm in a bad one.
Speaker 3: It's comfortable with you talking about your father being attracted to me.
Speaker 2: So Bowen has been sort of hitting the gym, and you better get comfortable with lost coach becoming the poster children for sex because we're working so hard in the gym.
Speaker 1: I went to Berry's today, But this isn't about me.
Speaker 2: This is about bo My dad said, when you did the Mother's day bit with your mom, who was perfect, very very sweet, my dad goes, Bowen looks fucking great, and he's saying fuck more than ever. Boone looks fucking great. Look he's been in the fucking gym, fucking looking toned, big arms.
Speaker 1: You don't have to know anything, Okay, don't.
Speaker 2: Piss me off. Go ahead, calm yourself down because you're out of control.
Speaker 3: This is just is this what they call transference. I'm getting what.
Speaker 2: I'm getting on he rubs himself out. I'm getting transference. This is an aspicious day. On auspicious day, we have our guests joining us, backed by popular demand.
Speaker 1: Literally, they beg, they beg us to do.
Speaker 3: They beg and pleating it wasn't the right time, and this is the right time because guess what, it's day one of their much deserved time off before previews begin for Oh Mary on.
Speaker 1: Broad Way, get bigger than Broadway.
Speaker 2: Is no Broadway, there's no way up, there's not any bigger stage. A lot of people have been asking, do you I swear to God this is This is a conversation I have constantly with people in the community. How do you think they'll make it bigger and enter? I don't think they have to see. That's answer every quingle individual bigger and better. Shut up, I said, it's sitter. It's already big and good. It's already big and better, bigger and better. Look, I'm so happy that you have I see now I'm pissed off.
Speaker 1: We're so angry. What do you what else do you want? It is? I'm sorry, and I'm and I said this.
Speaker 3: I had the privilege of going opening night at the Lucial Hotel. I walked out of that saying, that is the funniest comedy play ever written, ever produced, ever performed.
Speaker 1: Why do we want more? Stop it? Let me sell you something.
Speaker 3: Certainly stop it with that that colonial attitude.
Speaker 1: Certainly the best thing that's been at the Lucille Rtel.
Speaker 2: Say, hey, all right, let's not the best thing that's everything before? What about the Lyceum Seum? More like I see them all, I see them all flopping at the Lyceum. I see everything. There's been no good theater there's been there's been nothing now salt until now. And we were all talking about that. Actually, right before we got on Mike, we were all saying, how they've decade. We'll call him in and they said, thank god, I decided to do the show.
Speaker 1: Not since what show? Has there not been good made?
Speaker 2: There's been anything good on stage since? Name and Sarah just Ad Parker agrees, agrees. June twenty sixth, previews begin twelve weeks. I see him. Only give this person a fucking break. Please give Conrad Rickamore a goddamn brain.
Speaker 1: No, I say, continue to work them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he needs to stay busy, keep the voices at Bay. Crazy people every want to make show. James svery one in the show is insane thing, and the people backstage are even crazier. Hannah Sololo fucking god, Hannah and Peter squawking, oh my god, selling their little bobbles, selling their bobbles backstage, trying the best they can to get on stage.
Speaker 1: Good luck. I say, this one's never getting sick.
Speaker 3: Have fun with the little marbles and spilling them all over the floor. This one is never going to trip. This one's never getting sick. And we're going to see the Bloomers spoiling the show. Yeah, I'm spoiling the show.
Speaker 2: Well here's a spoiler. It's incredible, and so is our guests. And when I say they beg I mean the audience begs. The audience literally begs us to have callback because they don't like our other episode.
Speaker 1: They get they get furious. It's okay, what can you do.
Speaker 2: In our polarizing flop era? And it ends today with our guests, the One.
Speaker 1: And only God, don't talk when we're talking. Don't talk when we're talking. That was rude. You don't you have enough stage? You are trying to get me ruined?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how so I never said I'm never said that there's never been any good theater.
Speaker 1: Are they going to believe you know me or you well, you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna get me in trouble because I'm part of the community. Now, I love every show that's ever been written, that's ever been performed.
Speaker 1: What are the top three shows, top three shows of all time? Yeah, oh Mary, we're no our town, our town Thornton, My town Thornton and the town. Oh love that Blake Lively? Was Blake Lively come back to Broadway? Blake?
Speaker 3: I would like to say that, My god, absolutely, Arianna come back to Broadway. So Cole would do this bit in the day where they pretend to be like, how about you tell it?
Speaker 2: I have butcher.
Speaker 3: I just it's a character that's like all my other characters. It's just crazy woman, crazy crazy woman. I all she cares about is getting Ariana Grande back on Broadway.
Speaker 2: So you're in the right place, you're the direct line. Well, no, Ariana, this is all set up to say.
Speaker 3: First day on set of Wicked, my friend Cola Scola, there's this bit where they pretend to be this old woman, this theater going woman who all she wants, she goes to every show, but all she.
Speaker 1: Wants Ariana come back to broad You missed your sweetheart. Get on this side of the footlights again. I see you at the shows. Yeah, esus do something besides geez, come on, j R.
Speaker 2: B come on, you said that before coming on the my too all the same.
Speaker 1: No, No, you are getting enough.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine what you just did I have from my mouth?
Speaker 1: I was I was getting mucus up. Oh my god. We need to start this over.
Speaker 2: Let's start this.
Speaker 3: We need to start this overst I think the listeners need to know that I've been doing eight shows a week for a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, explain, explain is tired?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the pre show ritual? Grads, past steels, adamizer, what do you do?
Speaker 1: I do? I vocal steam. I meet with Tony Rob. God, he's good. God, he's good. People. Forget the people, forget how good he is. Community. Yeah, yeah, for sure, But I don't want to forget about the dick appointment excuses. What's what's your sort of whole read on that situation? You know what I think? Just saying I need to reschedule.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need to reschedule because it's so anxiety inducing, because then you have to be like, oh no, I hope your friend's okay.
Speaker 1: And then as.
Speaker 3: Now I'm worried about this happen close closest friend. What kind of emergency is not for nothing?
Speaker 2: But if it's a real emergency. We might not be able to reschedule. You're gonna be grieving. Yeah, this is a emergency with your closest friend. How do you know Thursday is gonna work? You don't know that emergency with your closest and emergency with your closest friend.
Speaker 1: You don't know anything. You can't plan out anything. Text them tomorrow. How's your friend doing? Well? I think I might? You know what? How's your friend doing?
Speaker 2: It's like it was the kind of thing where it was like it went a little bit beyond like disappointment because of how far it went in the in the sexting, and even there even was some verbal there were some voice messages sent back and forth. Do y' all do that?
Speaker 1: Gay culture is gay courting.
Speaker 3: Gay courtship is over promising, under delivering, constantly over promising, under delivering.
Speaker 1: Don't you think my mind went to the Olympics. My mind went to carry strokes around the corner. You're going, you're going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll be there because I have to promote the show. Right, yeah, twelve weeks. When when does that end? I can't give him.
Speaker 1: Help us five six seven, carry the one.
Speaker 2: Carry the one. He came up in the same community. We came up in the we both came up in the same community. Carry the one at the same time.
Speaker 1: I don't know anymore, but in Paris, I'll be in Paris for the Olympics promoting Oh Mary. Yeah, do you think they know who she is?
Speaker 2: Being that she's I'm reading in my notes a former First Lady of the United States.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I think a lot of people forget. Yeah, well people forget can I can I be honest to say you were on Seth It was perfect Seth Myers, who a friend of the community. Yeah, and little too friendly. I think total gates. He's arriving at that. Let him cook, let him, let him come out, let him cook, let him come on terms. Right, So you said on his show that you did almost no research because and I think this is so smart, because you would have written jokes that were like, well, that's going to get a laugh because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I got a lot of people, a lot of it's been fucking annoying. No no, no, no, like just two people being like, oh, this person does no research and now they get to play on Broadway. Yes, actually, wow, you don't understand. I understand decades of work that went into this play. Yes, and has been Yeah, fifteen years, fifteen, eighteen, nineteen. Oh God, carry the one, please, caryone else carry the one? Yeah, someone carry the one. Someone else carry it. Carry at their point you at home. So why do you think she was so crazy married? Yeah? What do you think was? I have no idea. She was a sircle, that woman. She was. She was kind of silly. Yeah, she's just a silly little girl, right. She liked to have fun with her friends, go shopping and yeah, you know, an ap tighter down. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh that's my worst nightmare if I were a cabaret singer. So the character of Mary, and I think Mary was a cabaret star. Yes, yeah, it doesn't work out. You marry this guy he's president, and then you're like, I would go crazy. Yeah, it is among us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've talked a lot to Michelle about this Obama.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, because she really wanted to sing. Really, she's really been wanting to sing.
Speaker 1: What stopped her her bad voice?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: They released a picture of Michelle Obama the other day.
Speaker 2: She was really high, high, like she was having fun, like a resort or something.
Speaker 1: Well, look and they're going to get me in trouble with more than one community tonight. Okay, the DC community. You're not even gonna be able to go down and do it at the Lincoln Theater. Tony, Bye, Bye, Bye, Gone gone.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot of reactions to the Tony Knams this year. Oh there's too many. I actually should be one award, yeah, for the whole show, for the whole show, with how many nominations, just like two should be down to like two people. Oh that's good. I love the elections heartbreaking.
Speaker 1: It should be Hillary versus Trump? Yeah, and god yeah, and would be a better actor, wouldn't he? I mean Hillary depends on the show, right.
Speaker 2: You're actually right, Well, Hillary can produce stuff.
Speaker 3: Trump could produce stuffs, but Hillary couldn't do you know, like angels in America, whereas Trump could.
Speaker 1: Trump will be an amazing Trump would be amazing. I mean he knew him him, that's his mentor.
Speaker 3: I think he'd be a good what's his name prior Trump?
Speaker 1: Prior Trump dazzles as prior. Do you see it?
Speaker 2: I can see it because better Prior dazzles the word Trump over angels. And that's where we're going. Yeah, I mean that's what's going to happen. Make Angels in America great again? Wow, oh my god, title of that.
Speaker 1: Make Angels in America great again? Oh Trump? Where Dazzles has prior? Trump, Dazzles has prior. You have to say it in that voice.
Speaker 2: Now, we're in hot water with the Kushner community, okay, and the Mike Nichols community. That's okay. No, they would love it.
Speaker 1: Hey, Hey, their checks are clearing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely true. Which you don't want to put butts in seats? Put Trump on Broadway.
Speaker 1: We're all scared to say it. Put Trumps on Broadway. If you want to.
Speaker 2: Say around the boards, I'm saying, I'm saying, why are we so afraid of talent?
Speaker 1: What are we.
Speaker 2: Like it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think America is too afraid, I know of Yeah, that's why we're in this.
Speaker 3: That's why we're in this mess. If we just put them on Broadway.
Speaker 1: This is honestly not not an answer.
Speaker 3: If I were to go to him right now, yeah and say, yeah, look if you drop out my twelve weeks, oh Mary, would you do that? No note at all, I don't care who it would say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's really noble. This is my time, it's my year. Of course it is.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I don't want you to give up. Thank you. I do think we could recast some of your castmates.
Speaker 2: A let's get them out of there, but Trump and put Trump Yeah sorry, Scully, Yeahlly later Trump would be a great Mary's teacher. Yeah, because honestly, Trump would get the same reaction as James when he walks out, just walks out.
Speaker 1: In the audience and goes, oh fuck yeah, and then sorry, can we cuss? I forget?
Speaker 2: It's no, this is Judeo Christian but something. The whole religion is like.
Speaker 1: It's fake. How did you find that out?
Speaker 2: It's about control anyway, as I put my coffee all over myself.
Speaker 1: You know, I went to the museum the other day. I brought my mom to the Brooklyn Museum.
Speaker 2: Lovely.
Speaker 1: Congratulations by the way, thank you. You've been meaning to get there for years. I learned something hard. Together.
Speaker 2: Most most empires last three four hundred years. Yeah, we're due, We're done, I think, we think so. You know what what podcast? I love?
Speaker 3: Yes, the Kelsey brothers. The Kelsey brothers, who are the Kelsey brothers, Travis and Travis and his brother and they have a podcast and they're actually very charming on No, they're great.
Speaker 2: They actually they actually.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, that's how I first heard. I don't think so, honey, because they started it. They started, they started, and then you guys kind of the first time gay people have taken from straight straight.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: This podcast calls Fall of Civilization and every episode is wake up, wake up. Every episode is a news of a like you wanted them on.
Speaker 1: Now they're here. They're talking about the false civilization and yeah they're being a didact Roman Britain. Yeah, the fall of Roman Britain, the Bronze Age collapse.
Speaker 3: As in like when Britain was Roman, Yes, yes, and like how that fell apart?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you know. It's fascinating. It's really interesting stuff, and I think I think people don't realize. Like, but here's the thing about history.
Speaker 3: I get annoyed when people are like, we're doomed to repeat the mistakes, and like, I think we're doomed no matter what, even if we do know the history. That's just how not me. No, No, congrat thank you. Can I tell the story?
Speaker 1: Col You can tell it, but you better be careful. I don't know what story you're talking about.
Speaker 3: I basically had a little mental breakdown over the summer.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that was hilarious. We were all laughing about.
Speaker 2: Remember was screaming on fire.
Speaker 3: I go to Amsterdam. You were in Ghent at the time. You were in Gains at the time. I was posted to my close friend's going to be in Amsterdam. You said maybe I'll come see you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I said, I will pay for a hotel room if you come and hang out with me. And you were so kind to do that kind. I was in Ghent. Everyone, yeah, and you can. And then we had a lovely day together and we were in the park. Yeah was it you or me? We were just like, we should go see a play tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't remember. I can't God, I can't remember who it was. And you guys, we're like, let's go see lay Miss. And then we looked up tickets for that night, bought two tickets to lay Miss, sat in the mezzanine, all in ducks in Dutch and the eliest.
Speaker 3: Not bad, bad language, bad, young and hilarious songs in Dutch.
Speaker 1: No, thank you? Did any song survive the language? I mean one day more was pretty cool. Yeah, Harmony the harmony. Yeah, that's good. That was great. That was really good. That was too good. John right here, Trump, look out, I'm coming for you. Hey, Donald Trump, I'm coming for you. Baby. It was a lovely time.
Speaker 3: It was one of the worst days of my life, well for me, it was, it was, it was, It was incredible. Thank you for being there watching Lames in Dutch. It was going to the opera, you know exactly?
Speaker 2: Now did y'all sort of do a post mortem after? What do you mean?
Speaker 1: We just couldn't. We were so moved. Were just all we could do is walk. Yeah. Just a beautiful city for that type of thing. Oh yeah, be careful, very lightly tread much lighter. Sorry, I'm just feeling.
Speaker 3: Reeling from from this from the subway, from the AirPods went down.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be no dick in my butt tonight. I think there's still time. There's still time. I did think about getting like on the apps and you're like.
Speaker 3: Who, Yeah, no, Samantha who, Christina Apple, Christina Applegate, who I share a birthday with.
Speaker 1: So please please be careful, Please be careful. That must be world, Please be careful.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, me, Joe DiMaggio, Christina Applegate, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's really that's a really good trade. Yeah, day over, day over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Now, what are the hopes and dreams for this time off you have before the previews start?
Speaker 1: I want to get back to me. Yeah, I believed that. I'm sorry you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Don't don't let this change well, I think what's happening. What don't let this success change you. I think that one thing that everyone's been talking about in the group thread that you're not in is that you've changed you and you've become a big, big Yeah. Sorry, you went to the met gala. That actually happened. And if you think I'm not going to ask about it and who you sat next to, you didn't, you didn't correct, You're just going to step on that water. Well I'm not going to forget the question, and you're going to run out of water and at some point, at some point you're going to have to come up for air boom, not that, and you asked for them to come back.
Speaker 1: Can we please? No, we don't have to talk about it.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, can we talk about the abuse? Precious? Oh you batched every infection? Can we talk about in your household? I'm talking about what did you say.
Speaker 2: Talking about I'm sort of making it up now, but really, Mariah was never better at acting than that.
Speaker 1: Moment around it?
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something?
Speaker 1: No? Watch? Can I just throw it out there anyway? Watch Glitter again, It's not bad. I've never seen it.
Speaker 2: Do yourself a favor.
Speaker 1: I will have movies. You have a lot of time off, so you know what you gotta watch.
Speaker 2: And this is one's real suggestion. One's not watch Glitter. Lol, that's the bit you really should watch. The idea of you both of them.
Speaker 1: I was I and that man is made out of milk.
Speaker 3: Well, Matt's theories that he's AI. Now do you like him any better now that you've seen this film?
Speaker 1: So get this.
Speaker 2: I'm not convinced he's not a I, but you don't. But I am a big fan, and I think if Nick Gallaxy is a I, then we need to just cut Fran loose, Yeah, and start doing the AI thing. Because if Nick Gallaxy and is AI, which is still my theory, then I think that's.
Speaker 1: It's let him take our jobs. Yeah, we're not booking them anyway, sweetheart, He's made out of milk. Explain, go on, look at him. Oh yeah, yeah, imagine taking a bite out of his cheek. Actually, I think you could. He is milk duddish. Yeah, and I say this in a very like horny way. I think he's very attractive. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had a theory that people's assholes are the same color as their lips. I think you're wrong. I'm not gonna I'm gonna tell you you're wrong.
Speaker 2: So brown, don't presume, then, don't presume the presume that's actually roller coaster number eight.
Speaker 1: Don't presume. No, that's not the color of my Let me see mine.
Speaker 2: No wait, no, wait, wait, wait, hold on, Okay, it's going to be the picture. Okay, we all just took a picture of our beautiful lips, and I don't know.
Speaker 1: Your whole can't be that color. I can't see it.
Speaker 2: Yes, you care, squad over your phone. You've never taken a picture of your boody hole. No, cold, you've seen it. I've not seen Cole's hole.
Speaker 3: I've seen a gorgeous shot on a close friends of Cole's amazing ass. Oh sure, well, an amazing ass. I mean it's easy. It catches the light so perfectly. It's hard to take a bad give give yourself some credit. Okay, okay, I'll give myself a little credit. Friends, I remember that it's not the close friends, it's it's it's another thing. It's another thing, it's another secret, third thing. It's a fine.
Speaker 1: I had a horny I guess I still do. I mean, is it done what? I don't really maintain mine me neither.
Speaker 2: I think I took six pictures during like the horniest time of the pandemic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, well, we have to be we have to forgive ourselves for everything we did in twenty twenty. Oh yeah, truly, like my clothes.
Speaker 3: Especially electing Joe Biden, especially Biden. We should have given Trump another chance.
Speaker 2: We're giving him a chance on stage.
Speaker 1: You're right, You're right now.
Speaker 3: I think O'mary would be the perfect show for him. I think he would be so good as Mary in a way. Okay, wait, let's really actually dreamcast Trump in something.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, oh, Mary, gypsy, heartbreaking, heart breaking, haunting.
Speaker 2: Why did I do it?
Speaker 1: None of it? Get me? No, no no, no no no no no no. I'm gonna have to leave follow me in the background. One else. It's an original character. It's an original character.
Speaker 2: Listen, there's a Ronald dum Ronald, there's a Patty sized hole shaped hole and Broadway. Yeah, and he could fill that out. Appeal to Patty now to return to Broadway.
Speaker 3: She is called the roommate her and me a pharaoh at the Booth Theater.
Speaker 1: You're kidding. She was just being like dramatic about the quitting. You're kidding, You're kidding.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, sorry, you think women aren't allowed to change their minds?
Speaker 1: Or wait, what, what's this?
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is what you said before you got on episode, which is that women are crazy, hysterical and can't make up their minds. That's what you said.
Speaker 1: I am going to kill you.
Speaker 2: No AirPod, no dick, Why should I keep living?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Great color for you?
Speaker 2: And they're popping? And you did that on purpose? Did I did? I did?
Speaker 1: You're a warm tone? Well, this is the other thing that I wanted to talk about color theory. I really want to see one of those color theory people that the things are. I'm obsessed with. Me and Claudia O. Doherty. Yes, love Claudia high sweetheart, great legends go to bed. We really sorry. People are probably like angry, my hoarse voice, But we really wanted to see there's this woman in LA who does the color theory thing, who was the wardrobe supervisor on The Nanny. Oh my, well, she has many Emmys. She knows what she's doing. She knows what she's doing. But then we looked and the prices were like yeah, literally, like I can buy half a ticket to Oh Mary for that. Oh it was like one thousand dollars per.
Speaker 3: Session. Or maybe it was like there's you. There's someone who does that. He right in New York City, I know, but you live. Did they design costumes for The Nanny? I mean, I don't know what to tell.
Speaker 1: Have you have had that done? No? I want you So. I was just watching an asmur video you last night. Of course, why do they do it? Of course he wears I don't even think what.
Speaker 2: Is that stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he does it bled all over ill. Well that's classically olive tone. But I think that may seem neutrals.
Speaker 2: We want to know this is the truth. I actually came here today and I was gonna wear a yellow shirt. I was going to actually follow up on the Taylor Tomlinson episode Yes, where I said that I bought a yellow shirt at a museum, and I never wear it because why would I. I actually put it on today to wear it to this. It looked at myself and said, this is not my color.
Speaker 3: But you don't know if it's like, oh, it's the cool undertones. It's the blue undertones of the yellow that don't suit you. You probably do have a good yellow.
Speaker 2: You probably can, I say, when I'm a little bit more tan, which is happening, it's in process, I can do yellow, but this was not.
Speaker 1: We are not there yet at this juncture.
Speaker 3: And then the step beyond that is like, are you a cool yellow or a warm yellow?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And I would never know what this is, so I guess I have to do this.
Speaker 1: This is why it's dangerous to be like for us, yeah, because we don't know what we're talking about, and so for us to just sort of pause at all of these Oh I'm yellow, I'm blue, I'm dangerous.
Speaker 2: You're so good with color. We've all seen the apartment thank you? Not all well, it was in the pages of Oh what was that?
Speaker 1: Remember? It was in a magazine apartment therapy, I think you're thinking of, or the New York Post or I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I have a really good relationship with the Post. Yeah, I do. Yeah, Well, the reviewed the show. Look, the Post has always been very good to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And what's your favorite review? You've got probably the long one because they said everything. No, they went they went there, honey. They talked about the play. Me, yes, like everything that you can imagine.
Speaker 2: The play me everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh my god, I'm thinking about it right now.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like you can't wait to get back up there?
Speaker 1: I am excited for a break that's healthy, healthy, Thank you. I think health is important.
Speaker 3: That's one of the reasons I wanted to come on here, because I don't the play is doing fine. We don't need the press, okay. I want to talk about health, okay, because as queer people in the community, we're not healthy. We have a different relationship from our upbringings to health that invariably does affect circumstances and basically like human rights.
Speaker 2: So well, when one of us is sick.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Should oh my God be the title of app We've got a lot of I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I actually don't think so. I don't think sorry, but thank you. I mean, I think health is wealth at the end of the dead would know this. And we're back on the go. We're back on this again. We're back on this.
Speaker 3: I'm going through a tough time, are you. Let's talk about it. Let's go there, we'll be right back. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 1: So actually, probably we'll put it a break.
Speaker 3: Before the break, Bowen was going to open up to us about what he's going through.
Speaker 2: I would love for them.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, amazing what everyone would be so much? What happened? Hillary Clinton?
Speaker 3: What happened? By the way, what say what you want about Hillary? And I will It's a great title for a book, just in general. That book can be about anything. It can be a cookbook. And it doesn't have Hillary doesn't have to write it. It can be anyone can write any book. Can call it what happened? And it would be great notion. What before I want to hear about the pain you're going through? Now you have to cast Hillary and Trump in a show together. Oh night, Mother night, Mother's good.
Speaker 1: That's who's mother though? I think mother is Trump? Yeah? Oh, I just that's it's a two hander, a two hander waiting for Goodo, Waiting for Good would be not What about to watch Them chuck a lot?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the movie What about I'm a Lee the musical, which I did a reading of, so be careful.
Speaker 1: I'm with Pippa.
Speaker 3: No, then it was Rachel Lee Cook Lee Cook because it was gonna we wanted to do like a sort of cheese all that. Emilee sort of like, Harry, what about this sister story?
Speaker 2: Sister?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's sort of like how you know Detroit is a sister city of like I don't know.
Speaker 2: Minneapolis, Minneapolis, Detroit y twin city, twin city.
Speaker 3: Sister cities do be random? Yeah, you're like Shanghai and Des Moines. Yeah, it's funny. I find it amusing.
Speaker 1: What is what is New York City sister city? Couldn't tell you. I couldn't tell you all. I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 2: You know what I draw these cities? Wish yeah, wish. Well you know what I just realized. No, the second city, I'm telling you, the second city is called that because it's like known as like a second city. You didn't know that, No, And I then I understood why there was also one in Toronto, famously also a second Sorryronto.
Speaker 3: If I had to live in another city that wasn't New York, it would be Toronto, really Toronto, very cute case.
Speaker 2: All the second cities have they do Chicago and Toronto.
Speaker 1: I would say San Francisco. That's not a second city.
Speaker 2: It is if you're like consultants, I actually do. I'm looking for a consultant for what. I don't want to say a bad word, but one time a psychic told me that, oh, is this the psychic that the community very upset?
Speaker 1: This is a different one.
Speaker 2: Oh said that my my husband is wearing a suit.
Speaker 1: Well, that could be anything your husband could.
Speaker 2: It's Charlotte and it's psychic. It's it's it's made up.
Speaker 3: It's a suit, a hazmat suit to get that dirty hole.
Speaker 1: Hey you last night Chinese. Hey, that's my that's my people. That's Chinese broccoli. Yeah, it's not actually Chinese, is it.
Speaker 2: It was a very very racist of you to say, even more racist than what you were saying right before you got on. You came in here and you were saying a whole blow to racist Chinese broccoli?
Speaker 3: Is that what the bats were eating? And the wet market that's you said? Oh yeah, I did say that. I did say that. I was saying that while I was peeing to myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I was bone was right there, right there, and I was being what.
Speaker 1: Was that guy's name, Larry something, hm hmm. Guy who was.
Speaker 3: Cruising the bat Larry Craig, Larry we should I think enough time has passed and that guy, you know, his whole life was did he die? I think he had? He is dead at this point. Let's call bathroom cruising as a closeted man, Larry Craig.
Speaker 1: Larry craiging, have you ever hooked up in a bathroom?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: And by the way, because I realized that I'm sorry about this. We were doing our episode with Lipa and you were telling the story and to many times you have told you before, but I did redirect the conversation in an irresponsible and annoying, very Matt Rogers coated way.
Speaker 1: And so I want you to take the floor.
Speaker 2: Tell us about how you add sex and Madrid Airport bathroom.
Speaker 1: That's the story. Okay, haven't have you?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think I could hygienic get hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I could do that in a bathroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because of the smells are because of the awareness of other people's proximity.
Speaker 1: I think growing up gay. Sorry, no, go there, just to go there.
Speaker 2: I just we'll be right back. I want what's best for everyone. Well on second, yeah, we're back. Okay, and will you were crying.
Speaker 1: I'm I don't know, I don't I just don't think I.
Speaker 3: Can sure ideal place for an encounter. Probably country. I want a country. Okay, time of day, I'm gonna say Canada. I'm gonna say Toronto. A hotel room in Toronto. Okay, we're being stupid. We did not actually ask you to expand on Toronto. What do you love about it?
Speaker 1: What? What makes it an adeal place? It's not trying to be New York, thank god.
Speaker 3: No, this is my impression of Toronto. Hey, we're not New York. We've got a couple of restaurants. Have fun, yep, let us know.
Speaker 1: If you need anything, bring your kids, don't don't actually don't bring your please whatever. It's six of one. Yeah, we got a quote unquote beach. It's just can I tell you something? Don't ever sleep? Wake up? There needs to be a gay lake, and there really is. There is epot that's actually real culture.
Speaker 2: Number two, There is a lake that is one of the gayest, but I'm saying there needs to be like lake House culture for gay people. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Germany Pavilion. I'm so mad.
Speaker 2: The most relaxing place on the Germany Pavilion at Epcot. Go there, bring a beach chair, have a sour kroud and it fucking pills.
Speaker 1: For the pills money, And that's where I'm going to be all June. Okay for relaxation Yang, Yeah, well for Pride festivities Epcot.
Speaker 2: Well, Trump's going on in the first week of Broadway. Yeah, because Cole is still going to be an Epcot col We keep trying to get you to come to Disney with us.
Speaker 1: Well we don't. Yes, you never have. Well would you do it? No? You don't like it being growing up?
Speaker 2: Okay, back, you just hate it on principle, that's not true. You can say BDS, Wow, I don't like you two together. It's too much.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, too.
Speaker 2: Much, too much.
Speaker 3: Calm down, I agree, Yeah, No, I bet I would like it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you don't have to say that. I think you would because I think you'd see the irony in the whole thing. John early and I once went to Disneyland. Yeah, well.
Speaker 3: It wasn't why but Splash Mountain was fun and I wish we both wish we would have, just like.
Speaker 2: You can't anymore because they've renamed it Princess Tati's by you dip.
Speaker 1: It's the same. You still Splash very.
Speaker 2: Much the same, but they've taken out everything that you love, which was the racism. And you were saying that before you got in the mic, and they replaced it with Princess Tiana, because that's how you correct the wrongs of the hills of the world.
Speaker 1: Again. I said this when I was peeing to myself as a joke and we were both Larry Craig, and we were both Larry Craig. Look, I was looking for sex with closet did men? Of course I was going to say that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course you were trying to attract people.
Speaker 3: Yes, please, please don't get it twisted. I don't ever want to get it twisted.
Speaker 1: Can I say something?
Speaker 2: I can't think of anything more embarrassing than getting it twisted. The loss another embarrassing thing, truly, But like, what's more embarrassing than getting it twisted?
Speaker 1: What do you do first? Of all.
Speaker 2: Ouch, how do you feel? Just generally a lot better now? Honestly, I was not in a good movie, and now I really am. Okay, I'm very happy to see you. Do you think you're going to have s X with someone else?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you something?
Speaker 2: No, I did the thing. Sorry, I did the thing. We'll be right back. I did the thing where I over scheduled myself on dates this week. So it's actually I'm going to reveal, okay that my guy canceled tonight because I'm going on three dates this week with three different men. Sorry, everyone, I'm actually trying to find a partner actively. I would like that for myself. I have recently, you discovered about myself that I would like to be in a relationship that's great.
Speaker 1: And you're ready. I don't think I am either, just ready and it's two different thingships, right, Yeah, yeah, somedays soon.
Speaker 2: What do you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What do you?
Speaker 3: What do you think it'll take? I think you too have to stop being friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone's so intimidated by him. True story. It's just like I say, no, no, he's creative. Lie, I go no, No.
Speaker 1: He's great, he's easy, He's gonna love you. Yeah, and then I go, then, oh, mother in law over here, nothing's good enough for her son.
Speaker 2: The last two guys I've dated have been like, I'm nervous to me Bowen, and I was like, don't be nervous. He's my best friend and the kind and the best person ever.
Speaker 1: I was nervous to meet you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when did you meet forty years ago?
Speaker 1: Forty years ago?
Speaker 2: Well, y'all did all of Europe together?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was eighty four eighty four and Berlin was east and west, Oh my god, and we didn't know which was which, and so I was trying to buy jeans and they and they said, we don't tell those here.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: That was good, hilarious misunderstanding. Yeah, well you were.
Speaker 2: You were just saying before, but you missed Germany the way it was, that's what you were saying.
Speaker 3: And you gave a specific year too.
Speaker 1: God, we missed you, Tony. It's it's a fucking show.
Speaker 2: And thank you did mean it actually genuine there for a second said we missed you. Yeah, we did say that, though, I'm sorry, I'm embarrassed. Do you not like to say hi to people after the show?
Speaker 1: I love it? Yes? Good? Okay, because we didn't like go backstage or anything. Well, there's not a backstage at the lortel. Oh, it's a theater moment. It's like you have to come into the everyone clears out and the will sort of stay behind and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the friends, the friends can I reveal at this point that the the opening night party at the hotel run probably run was at Houston Hall, which is a pretty very straight there sports on the sports on the screen, and I thought that was kind of the perfect, perfect touch.
Speaker 1: I didn't see it the same way as you. Oh, you were stressed out, you didn't like it. I thought, change the channel. Yeah, totally to listen to you when you said that, I didn't say it to anyone. I just felt you thought it.
Speaker 2: But it's a big it was your biggest that was your first and biggest mistake. You know what would be to play a bar Yeah, QVC, I my qvcree. Yeah, And that would drive business, which is what you have.
Speaker 3: You care about the economy, absolutely jobs, bringing jobs back to America, all these companies.
Speaker 2: There's nothing more American than QVC is actually culture number ninety yeah eight, there's nothing.
Speaker 1: Nothing more American than PBC.
Speaker 3: Because it's a conversation piece. You can talk about it. You don't have to pay attention. It's not like, oh well now mama me is on, so I guess I'm gonna watch it, which.
Speaker 1: Is what I do. No, there is no through line to follow with PVC.
Speaker 2: No. Actually, in fact, there is the absence of that completely, which is why it's so great.
Speaker 1: Peak behind the curtain to when I shot.
Speaker 2: I love that for you the people that had to play, the on air people, you just have to be always talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you literally it was.
Speaker 2: It's actually so funny when you watch because they end up saying some crazy things sometimes just words together in like a soup that truly are just like and look at this diamond pendit now. I love this for graduations, for funerals, for you know.
Speaker 1: And my mother had a.
Speaker 2: Pendant and I always remember my mother, especially now today because Janine is going to turn around and you can see the pennels in the back. It's like nonsense, gobblede. It doesn't matter, doesn't matter, it's nothing, but it is everything.
Speaker 3: If you can watch it on mute and it still looks like things are happening, that is the mark of success. That which I love, and it gives you moments like the planet Moon and the planet.
Speaker 1: And yeah, the planet Moon liesa lies.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also, you know what's really wild is like actually they do watch second by second to see if the sales are going up and down, and it does correlate to like how charming they're being, Like, like, at any given time, there are a million plus people watching this channel and gauging second by second whether they're buying something or not, to the point where, like it actually corresponds with the I guess salesman flopping or not.
Speaker 1: I love the economy, you said, I love the economy. Yeah, I love inflation. Keeping up with those prices, yeah, keeping up with the price. Yeah, we got to keep up with those prices.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Praise them a little bit and then give us something to aspire to.
Speaker 2: You know, was that the big conversation at the MEP gala.
Speaker 1: Can I get some water?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, don't bring back anything you.
Speaker 1: Like? Your job? Is my lawyer here? No?
Speaker 2: Your lawyer's not here. Who's your lawyer?
Speaker 1: You want to shout him out?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Good, Elizabeth? I bet she rocks Elsbeth, Elsbeth, Elsbeth. Have you seen all the commercials for that show Elsbeth.
Speaker 1: No, but I really want to watch the show. It's supposed to be good. Yeah, yeah, oh yeah. I didn't watch The Good Fight. Neither I should. Christine's mad at you? She is? Have you met her? Christine were talking about? No, she's mad at me?
Speaker 2: Right, well, I think we can because of all that stuff you made up about me. What I said, like, I didn't make anything else hard. It's so funny that you try to come here on what is our show?
Speaker 1: Uh huh? Because even though we made a joke about you hosting it interesting, that's really interesting? Is it interesting? It's interesting? I N C h E R S T E E N got it interesting?
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 3: Archie Pinjabi is having a moment again. Thoughts where under the bridge? We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back.
Speaker 2: Wait, what did she talk about York under the bridge? Though I didn't go to bridge?
Speaker 1: You didn't? Did you go to b York under the bridge? They were working? Did what did she do a concert? She did a concert? Slash sat under the cabridge cambridge, but.
Speaker 2: I think they call it the cabridge to sort of insinuate that use under the bridge, which.
Speaker 1: I find to be there as an iconic sober person. What do you think of that? I'm disturbed. Yeah, well carefully. The table is making noise, shaking it, he's humping, he's like a dog.
Speaker 3: Don't think gay people and drugs go together. I actually agree. I think let's just like put a let's put a pause on it. Let's put a pause on it until I figure it out what's going on.
Speaker 1: I need to get in there.
Speaker 3: No, Like, I'm busy with my show right now. But like, if you trust places, absolutely come fall. I want to, like, I just want to open it up, open the community up, and like, look at it cool. If you were to put out like a missive to the to the community across the world and say stop it with the drugs for like.
Speaker 1: A month, people would do it. I don't think they would think love drugs so much I'm going to do it in October. Well then I'm gonna do it in October. Was there a favorite drug back in the day? Just weed? Yeah? Just baking, just baking, waking up in baking. It's we call it wake and bake, and we were really fun. Wake and bake sucks.
Speaker 3: It was awful. It's a really bad. I'm sorry if you're awaken baker, No, I just know awful.
Speaker 1: It was like, no, yeah, it is. It's a it's a huge alarm bell moment. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Once it becomes wake and bake, that's when you have to stop and take uh huh a second.
Speaker 1: It's recess.
Speaker 2: And I guess that's what we're saying to all the gay community. Who's really the biggest problem within the gay community is marijuana. Marijuana use is out of control in the gay community. These gays are two stone, Yeah, they am out. Have you noticed that Taylor Swift has started to talk about weed a lot in her music? Has she yes?
Speaker 1: In her like The Tortured Posts Department.
Speaker 2: Is an album about a chaotic, manic relationship, and she references like you always being she was with someone that was always stoned. My friends smell like weed, et cetera. That Yeah, you know what I mean, Like, there's a reed. What do you like to say? I don't know, because you have I don't like pot at all. You know what I say you, I don't care what pot marijuana.
Speaker 1: It's all pretty bad. It's all bad.
Speaker 2: I think reefer is funny because it's stupid. Green flower yeah, never flower.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bowen go to bed. I've never seen you do that bed. Your tongue fell out of your mouth goes.
Speaker 2: Sually.
Speaker 1: I'm sexual. You are a sexual rimming the air eats every you know what. I stopped?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got, yeah, I had, I mean six months. I was like, oh, I guess my stomach's just weird. Now this is a great story. You'll want to put this in the book.
Speaker 1: Okay, And it's coming up right after the break. I'm back. Hi.
Speaker 3: I went to a dietician for my acid reflux and they ran all these tests and they said, here, you need to poop in this jar and mail it in. I said, no questions, absolutely, I'll do that for you.
Speaker 1: Take my poop.
Speaker 2: Take hey, you take it.
Speaker 3: And what they what they make you do is like put a bag like a little you tape basically a piece of paper onto your toilet sto oh.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and you poop onto that paper and then they give you a little scooper yep too. I hope everyone at.
Speaker 3: Home is eating a nice big chocolate cake right now. And you scoop the poop and you put it into a little cup and you mail that in.
Speaker 1: Yeah to I think the government. The government and said what they do with the cup, They they they clean Mama again, I hope you're eating chocolate cake, eating chocolate cake right now? It's poopoo?
Speaker 2: Is it poop? And is it poop? Okay?
Speaker 3: So then they came out so well, then I met with a dietician and she goes, have you been camping recently?
Speaker 1: And I was like, no, I haven't been camping since I was twelve. What what kind of weird question is that?
Speaker 3: And she was like, you have this parasite that is common with people who've maybe been drink camping, drinking contaminated water.
Speaker 1: Or from and does she get there set yeah, yeah, yeah. And then I was like oh and.
Speaker 3: Then, but so the process of confirming that you have jaradia in order to get the.
Speaker 1: Is there's like mailing in your poop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'm like, I don't want to be mailing my poop, like I'm leaving that behind. I said, no more, no more, ask four, I'm not mailing my poop anyhow, I said, New Year knew me, no poop. I am not going to that mailbox with the jar of poop.
Speaker 2: Now, that's completely insane that that's how Yeah, yeah, well I've had it before and it hasn't stopped me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was horrible and I got it on Fire Island and you saw me. Yeah, it was bad. It was not good. You you like watched him? Yeah we shared a room. No, but I but I watched you get your ass? Was I really? You know you didn't. Don't tell them that. I don't want to think about us like that.
Speaker 3: No, I was insinuating that you were watching him have like explosive diary.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought you were insinuing that I was watching him. Isn't that funny? House are sharing the bed? When were we sharing the bed when I had to keep getting up?
Speaker 3: Yes, we were, and we all sewed the bad the only only only time I've ever and it was bad, like we both had like growing up moments.
Speaker 1: And the only time I've ever blacked out. Oh from the fourth of July were like they found my wallet on the boardwalk and it was this unity effort.
Speaker 2: It was the only time you ever blacked out.
Speaker 1: Good for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, really, I would say so. I didn't really ever black out in college or high school. Hmmm, you sound like you don't believe me.
Speaker 2: No, I'm trying to go through the rolodex in my mind to think of times I've seen Bowen Yang sloppy.
Speaker 3: It was so scary because I've never like had like a black box in the memory of like, oh I don't remember what happened.
Speaker 2: Well, we got your back, the wallet, got.
Speaker 1: Me back the wallet, and thank god because a lot of I hope everybody's credit cards. Because this goes back to what I was saying about health.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were saying that right before we got on. Yeah, you were saying you hope COVID comes back, Yes, yeah, stronger because like it like a gay Yeah, it over promised. You think COVID under delivered.
Speaker 1: Compared to what.
Speaker 3: Compared to what compared to what? That's a really good season two specific I know. I'm sorry, I guess compared to difficult people.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you? Yes? Yeah? Did you find something ever?
Speaker 2: Come on, You're right, I shouldn't even go there. Did you ever find something since Downton Abbey that you liked as much?
Speaker 1: Yes? What Gilded Age? I was always.
Speaker 2: Like Sideline, Like I was Sideline, We're going to take a break and not come back. We're back, We're back the Waltons.
Speaker 1: I don't think I know that? Is that about the Walton family. Yeah, no, no, no, no, no no, they're a family named the Waltons. And it's not like the Walmart Walton because you were saying you love Walmart and the family that that. I love how I love their business model? Like why why is that controversial to say? Like, right, they're doing very well? Why are there on Broadway? Why shouldn't I be proud of them? And yes, they're funding O Mary on Broadway? Yeah, and I'm very proud of them. Yeah, Like let's see what they're doing is legal? Yes, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're cutting corners, they're underpaying, Like it's legal. If you have a problem with them, take it up with your president, Joe Biden, the one you both wanted so bad.
Speaker 1: We did want so bad. We really did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we really did it. I didn't, I wrote, I wrote in. I wrote in, uh uh Judy Garlic? Yeah, where is she'll hitting the trail?
Speaker 2: Will she?
Speaker 1: She's in? She came, she was like, I have been wanted to be on this podcast. She's like, I want to talk about health in the gay I bet she does. Jardia. My husband has jardia. You can't get rid of it. Jared Jared, Hey, Cush, We can't give him a cool name.
Speaker 3: No, that's not cool, that's not cool. Jake Cush cush it well even Cush terrible weed name. Yeah, we don't like that, don Ja. What about Gonjo?
Speaker 1: No, it's bad, but we really haven't come up with something good. Molly's Molly's so good. I think funny. Who has Reefer?
Speaker 2: I love it? Let's go smoke reefer? You love it that Matt says it in a fun way, Griefer, Let's smoke a reefer. I got Jared be saying it to not Kushner, Jared Frieder.
Speaker 1: J fried I'm looking at you like I'm not sure, Like I'm a crazy guy and you're a crazy guy. I love kissing James every night. You tell us yes, wait, we share a leading man, romantic romantic lead. I'm sorry. I was my brain not what it used to be. It's okay.
Speaker 2: I think it's going to get all the time. I think you're getting smarter every day and stronger. Yeah, I gotta say, well, i'd love to read. I'm reading books again. We're taking a European trip, and Bowen described the desire to read, and I thought that that sounded so boring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would go for depression. It was so it was really good for the bad moment that last summer m H was I. I was probably even boring you to death with it. I was just like I've been reading a lot. No, the thing is like you actually and this is the scary part. You did not seem different at all.
Speaker 1: That is terri lying because it was lying. No. The bad moment was like in London.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I have to go somewhere. I can't be like, I can't be here for I'm sorry, I keep shaking the table. And then by this that by the time I was in another place and I was among friends or a friend was like, this is much better.
Speaker 1: So you were lying or wait what are you saying? Yeah, you were lying. I was lying.
Speaker 3: By the time you got this is not real and you and you were saying that sorry, uh no, we're back. No you really didn't seem that's terrifying. That's terrifying. Do you talk to anyone?
Speaker 2: No? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Are you both in therapy like for real?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: With each other?
Speaker 2: With each other?
Speaker 1: You know what I just started doing what E M D R. Controversial is a controversial?
Speaker 2: Controversial?
Speaker 1: Well, I can't wait to hear everyone's opinion on it.
Speaker 2: What I really cannot wait for is for everyone in our beloved community to tell me, yeah, how I should.
Speaker 1: Be doing well?
Speaker 2: No, but I didn't mean to undercut. What is controversial about it that killed John Benet? It was emdr that did it. Yeah, wah, controversial. I think it's just I think it's a relatively new form of therapy. Okay, It's like there's a lot of deband it killed John Bennet. Wow, that's the comedy podcast can be funny?
Speaker 1: Ship God, you said before you came on here, you killed her?
Speaker 2: So what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? In the burping?
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 1: The parents? No? No, no, the guy that that killed his wife? What's it called that documentary? And then he was oh drink No, no, it's the drinks? Or was the murder in Boston?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, that guy that like he he killed his wife?
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: And then he was like in a bathroom on a live mic going pe and he's like, of course I killed them. Oh have you guys seen what Jennifer did? No, what's what Jennifer Did's on Netflex. It's like, truly the most.
Speaker 3: It hits hard because it hits close to home for me because it is this Asian girl who felt so pressured by her parents to succeed that.
Speaker 2: She killed them kill So that hit home for you. What you just said on the mic. It wasn't like Cole who said all the nasty thing.
Speaker 1: No, this is on Mike.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, no, not that I relate to her killing her wanting to kill her parents or killing her parents. It is this thing of like she must have felt like it's like, y'all, if things did not go a certain way, like I would have been, I would have killed So I would have like been like in that kind of like you're saying, you get it. Yeah, you could have seen yourself going down. No, not yet her parents, but oh my god, this is so crazy.
Speaker 2: That watched the Mother's Day episode that I said all the other night that said, oh look but ones mom, that could have turned out really different. I'm saying, I'm like my life turned out. It was so many things aligning and it was this. No, I think what you're saying is very cogent.
Speaker 1: I think this is good.
Speaker 2: I think you're not saying I wanted to kill You're saying you understand the circumstances in which this girl did. You're saying you identify with, sympathize with, and trust her. I need to be president. You wantump on Broadway acting and this girl president. What Jennifer did was slay.
Speaker 3: She was like a compulsive She lied about like going to school because like her parents, like it was.
Speaker 1: It was so crazy. I love liars. I do have to tell you. Last night I watched the Lisa ren A Lifetime movie Mommy Meaness. You gotta get into it. It's good.
Speaker 2: It's based on a true story. It's about a mother who terrorizes her daughter to like control her by texting her like horrible vicious things from several burner phones. This is based on a true story. And Rena is just like, well, I don't understand what's happening, like what it was, and she goes in the goes in her closet, sits down on her computer and just.
Speaker 1: And so so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the soaps really like get people like Julianne Morcule and Meg Ryan came from soaps.
Speaker 2: Who else there's there's like a famous Oh Margot Robbie was Australian neighbors. Yeah, uh uh huh, isn't that what it's called neighbors. And I believe Chris Hemsworth was also on that, and maybe even Kylie Minogue back in the day. Kylie Minogue was definitely on a soap back. Shout out to Kylie Minogue. Just saw her in Vegas. That was a great congrats by the way, thank you. I rolls him right back.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, isn't that's any Frankel in a Last Time movie? She is.
Speaker 2: And it's another thing where it's like I have a daughter and it's weird. It's they really are pivoting to like it's me against my daughter.
Speaker 1: Yes, a lot.
Speaker 2: And you know what was was so I love about this movie was like it literally just ends with Lisa. We're gonna spoiler alert. She just like gets caught and she doesn't even like change. She's just like, well I did it because I want us to be close friends. And the daughter's like, you're a fucking crazy person. She goes to jail for two days, gets out, and then the daughter moves out.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: There's like, no, there's no campy fight, there's no anything. I mean, it's gypsy, It's gypsy. It's Trump and Gypsy. Yeah, I think I think we found it right off the bat. It is Trump and Gypsy.
Speaker 1: What is it gonna be? It's just kind of giving, like what's that bear yogi? You'll get it's kind of Yeah, everybody loves Ruben.
Speaker 2: That's really good.
Speaker 1: Can you do, Patty Heaton?
Speaker 3: Why do Kelsey Grammar and I get ostracized for being Republicans?
Speaker 1: It's actually a really good question. Why why. It's just their beliefs.
Speaker 3: It's just their beliefs. Will be right back and we're back. What would you host a talk show? Yes, because I I feel like Broadway is over. Well it's over, but I feel like there is something that you got to be. You guys got to be careful because this is my community. Now you're right Broadway is I think for you?
Speaker 1: Is this fair to say? It's like the goal?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 1: It was always the goal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the secret dream in the back of my mind was always like, that's so cool, Well how do I get to Broadway?
Speaker 1: Yeah? This could not have happened. Everyone thinks I'm joking. No, no, no, I don't think fuck you. Oh sorry, I.
Speaker 3: Don't mean it's okay, ugly, It's like because like, because I remember you saying this to me. It's the last and then last er we're talking about it afterwards, were like, oh, that's so cool, Like it's it's amazing, Like I feel like I thought every gay person was always just secretly like wanting to be on Broadway?
Speaker 1: Don't you think a little bit have that dream?
Speaker 3: Not quite as much as you guys, but I think yes, I've like had like the flash of the Fantis.
Speaker 1: You will no no no, no, no no no for me. It's just like I don't think that's like Frost Nixon that actually would be good.
Speaker 3: I'm Nixon, I think so I think you have a better Nixon. I'm oh, my god, better than your Trump.
Speaker 1: Who is that? I can't wait to get that. It's sort of like who is It's like you doing fallon doing.
Speaker 3: It's like a cartoon villain, like like I can't it's not Jaffar, it's almost Jaffar.
Speaker 1: To get back on track.
Speaker 3: It's very cool that you're doing Broadway and is the fantasy to stay there the rest of your life?
Speaker 1: I would like to keep working in theater.
Speaker 2: Why just twelve weeks?
Speaker 1: I work with a numerologist who she's very powerful, this woman, her shoulders are so broad do you think it's because of the numerology. Yeah, she's got this kind of sexy kind of oh like yeah, she's got this sexy gate. She just walks real bow legged. Yeah, and I love her. And she said twelve. Yeah. She looked at me and she said twelve Is it actually the goal for you?
Speaker 2: Like, because I saw you talking about this on Stradio Lab like someone else would do it.
Speaker 1: I would love for someone else to play Mary. Really yeah, And do you think would you want like some like a list person to drop in and like, I.
Speaker 3: Don't care as long as they're like I would want them to be like good. Yeah, my dream is Titus Burgess. Oh god, Like in a way that almost would make me be like, wait, maybe you're too good.
Speaker 1: Don't don't it wouldn't It wouldn't be that be different, That's what I was gonna say. But that would be good and it's like thrilling, but.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, imagine, imagine totally yeah, yeah, And I can picture how Titus this wig would be different too, like the stupid curls.
Speaker 1: Have you had so many conversations with people where they they cast it at you?
Speaker 2: No? Really, no, why do you want to start?
Speaker 1: Sure? I mean frankly, you'd be great. No, yeah, no, I wouldn't. But you don't think i'd be good as Mary?
Speaker 3: Hey, No, I'm thinking I think you'd be a good Mary's teacher.
Speaker 1: Yeah you have you have, you have the skull. If I had to cast you and the show, it would be as I had to if I had gun to my head, leading man, gun to my head, I would just tell them to shoot. But I would say I can't cast Matt in this show. I would say, just shoot me. But no, don't actually feel bad for me.
Speaker 2: That makes it real, you monster, don't be like this is my friend breaking down, crying, weeping.
Speaker 1: God, damn it. Well, I really are driving us apart. I really.
Speaker 3: I was thinking if Bowen's Mary, then I would want you to be Mary's teacher, I think. But I can also see a world where you're Mary, and your aid I would love to see. I think I'm better cast his abe. You put all your little Asian guys as.
Speaker 1: Abe, don't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah you were saying earlier, Yeah, yeah, I do not to put her, not because of Titus, and it's like such a within that circle. But like I think House, I was just gonna say, like, yeah, I mean, oh my god, wouldn't Sedaris want to do it?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: God should be amazing. But I would love to write plays. I would love to keep writing plays and other people to be in. I mean, what's what's very cool is that. I think it's like, at this point, you just get to do anything and everything. I don't know, can we be The industry is really amazing, That's true. The industries are really amazing right now. Everyone's really excited and everyone is happy.
Speaker 1: Earnestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, one deserves it more. Yeah, nobody deserves it more. Fuck no, because I'm not doing this. This is you are not the host of this podcast, my podcast, And sometimes it gets earnest thanks.
Speaker 1: I think that word thought, Yeah, well deserve Oh sure, because we all deserve. Of course, everything deserves you. You are you are the sister, you never have whatever, you know, You're our idol. Yes stopping, I mean it is perfect.
Speaker 3: It's also I mean, watching the show, it's the best thing that's ever happened to me in my whole life, this show being produced. And I'm trying to like soak up everything that's that's happening right now because I know soon my turn will be over.
Speaker 1: And that's fine. All our turn. We all get a turn, and we get to the back of the line, and we wait and we wait and we wait, and then we get our turn.
Speaker 2: Well you got to get fast passed.
Speaker 1: This is why you need to go to you every line. Yeah, okay, fine, I'll go to Epcot honestly.
Speaker 2: One day days time we're on like one of our eight day trips.
Speaker 3: Here's why I wouldn't go. I don't want to be on a plane about it. I don't want to take a plane about it, you know. But I don't want to go to the airport, get on a plane, be at the airport, get my luggage all for Epcot.
Speaker 1: Like if I was in shore wherever, where is it? Orlando exactly? And I if I was in Orlando, I would love mary down in Orlando. Yes, liars, both of you smell it. I smell it seeping out of your pores. The lies.
Speaker 3: But the weed, the weed, the marijuana, the pot, YouTube pot smokers. I've had enough of YouTube pot smokers.
Speaker 1: I've had enough of us. But I would I would go to Epcot if I was in Orlando already.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, so we just have to figure out a way to trap me in Orlando, entrapman Central Florida. I do it, we can do it.
Speaker 1: What's that face for?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I could do it. I don't know about like really Florida in general. The hell of a drug. But yeah, you do have to kind of go there to go to Disney World. So that's I guess where we're rubbing it. It's just it's the plane, correct, the airports.
Speaker 2: You don't like to fly.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: It's very scary. Yeah, because growing up there, Okay, I just like I never got to soar.
Speaker 1: And to be that high.
Speaker 2: Like it's like, mme everything it reminds me of like what I didn't get growing up.
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry, I have to go. Pooper really bad. We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Are you pooping a lot?
Speaker 1: I do poop a lot?
Speaker 2: That's good, Yeah, you poop a lot.
Speaker 1: Hmm. I'm a vegan.
Speaker 3: M So all of this really supports the idea that I've had, which is that coal not to actually earnestly get on health.
Speaker 1: But I find you to be very healthy. Thank you for saying that.
Speaker 3: Overall, it's one of my main initiatives going to Broadway. Make Broadway healthy again, Bring healthy back, Bring health back to Broadway. People think, oh, capitalism's ruining theater because ticket prices are right. I think we eat right mm hmm, we get the good eight hours of sleep we need. Yeah, finances will catch up well because you eat, like, don't sleep well. You don't sleep well. I stay up every night till five am. Seriously, Yeah, no matter what, what time do you get up? If I'm on my own, I'll wake up at like if I have nowhere to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Three. Really, so you're nocturnal. Nocturnal always happen? Does that bother you that you don't see the morning? Yes?
Speaker 2: What do we do?
Speaker 1: I don't know? Birding? Birding, birding? Like when this this? Oh you want to like go like look at the bird. I've thought about that because I need a hobby. It's actually, do you bird? I've started to app. I have an app.
Speaker 3: Merlin is the one that the Cornell Institute of Ornithology or whatever, like they have a department.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're really problematic. Actually, because you're the president. You were saying before, you're gonna and that's been your mission. Yeah, to problematize, to kill the birds. Kill the birds.
Speaker 2: Verry.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's interesting because that's that feeds into my I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Oh you sang that song at Queer's Live I did means a lot to me again that we should do it again.
Speaker 1: This means a lot to me that you came to the show. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Really, what if we did Queers Live at like Radio City Music Hall? Yeah, let's do it, do it? They offer, Actually we're offered a show at this other thing. Maybe we should do Maybe we should do that.
Speaker 1: That's fun, that could be really fun or Orlando, and then that's what we get. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you can get me to Orlando for a gig, I'll go to Epicot with you. Okay, but really quickly I've gone burning for oh yeah, for for just like and for curiosity.
Speaker 1: So much fun. Where do you go with the parks?
Speaker 3: Prospect Park a veil of Kashmir so literally like historic cruising spot, but it is the best spot for birding.
Speaker 1: It's so funny. Sure, yeah, something to peckers. I was just looking for a bird thing.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I've got Chardia. This character is a caricature.
Speaker 2: It's so fun.
Speaker 1: Get a nice pair of binoculars. And then you go you go in the mornings, and it's all much were they How much were they the binoculars? I actually.
Speaker 3: I'm about a mid price, Like I mean, they do go crazy like eighty bucks. Oh my god, they're expensive. Yeah, I bought one for eighty bucks. And then but then you go there, it's all these old women, but the activity itself is free. And the old women there compared to boomer how about that generational you can't okay.
Speaker 1: And then in a group, well, there's it seems like there's there's a lot of walks.
Speaker 3: There's like a queer birding group, and there's like you know, like whatever, like different beer birding group, queer birding groups already redunded.
Speaker 1: But then there's like all these guys with cameras. But it's it's like nice. It's like you get all types and it's free. And the camera guys, God makes me so horny. I love guys with camera, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And it's it's just four different people telling you like there's this Scarlett Tanneger today. Oh, like they're they're like pointing it out to you, or it's like they're politely being like you see, there's a there's a nutatt today. It's so sweet. It's very standing. I heard, I heard, and then no, no, no it's not, and then and then I'm sorry. Looking at a bird up close in the binoculars in three D space as the lights hitting it, it is like incredible. Yeah, and that sounds more healthy than like gambling totally, but it's the same. It feeds the same, and it feeds the same if like I want to I want to win, I want to catch. Yes the thing and it's like all you're doing is looking at a bird. You're looking at a bird, and then you think, oh, is that gonna hurt exactly?
Speaker 1: It's maybe the race. They want their privacy.
Speaker 2: It's one of those things.
Speaker 3: It's one of those hobbies where I'm like, why the fuck do people get into this? And then you do it once and you're like, oh, I get it. I'm promised. And it seems like it would be something fun to add to traveling, Like if you're traveling and you're like, ooh, I'm going to see what kind of birds they have here?
Speaker 1: A big yellow, a big yellow. Oh, the big yellow.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: I I went to Canada and I saw all the big yellow I'm genuinely excited to do that. Yeah, when I go, this will loop back.
Speaker 1: Around to activity. I can't because of color blindness.
Speaker 3: No, I am color blind as well. You actually are, I am. I can't tell the difference between green and brown a lot of the time.
Speaker 1: Neither can I. Yeah, it's because you're red green color blind, right, And so when I was a kid, I would color the tree. Sorry, okay, I would color the trunks of the trees green and the leaves brown, and I would get points knocked off. Yeah, minus two and there were only there's only yeah, like ten points.
Speaker 2: My sister I used to think she had green hair all my life, Yeah, because she had brown hair and it looked green to me.
Speaker 1: And I thought peanut butter was green.
Speaker 2: I probably still do, to be honest. Blue and purple and peach possible, sometimes weird ones like orange.
Speaker 1: Have you ever worn those glasses? Yes, but they're a scam. I never tried them. I was gonna say, like, oh, that would have been a fun thing for us to do today, but they're a scam.
Speaker 2: Honestly, my we did a secret SAMD and my one friend got me those colors, those glasses, and it ended up being like I put them on, and I'm like, well, if this is what everyone sees normally, it's hell yeah, and yeah, I just thought, because you know, they're like those red glasses.
Speaker 1: I just saw like red, like I didn't see anything, no new. I wonder if they bought the cheap ones or something. I mean, certainly, who is this friend? Name them Chrish likeer like Chris, you cheap bastard.
Speaker 2: But also he got me a like a set, though at the same time it wasn't the only gift he got me, like a like a shirt was it like a So.
Speaker 1: You're a spoiled little your daddy's spoiled brat. Yes, yes, yes, always have been, always will be. Yeah, never will change.
Speaker 2: Never brat.
Speaker 1: I love a brat. It's so fun. Mary's kind of a brat. I love, Yeah, total.
Speaker 2: Brattle brat, total brady girl.
Speaker 1: I'm a brat. I know that about you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: They demanded a very nice hotel room, did the Amsterdam and I gave it? Yeah, the sofa teltel.
Speaker 1: Do we get breakfast the next day? Yeah? Great breakfast. I lost there.
Speaker 2: I think maybe my favorite city that's Adam Breakfast Amsterdam, London's great kid naming cities.
Speaker 1: Well, I like, I forgot the rest. I love the actually tucky. I like California Atlantic Ocean.
Speaker 2: It's time for I don't think so, honey. Just before our friend really embarrassed him, I'm in a cave. I'm doing a thing with a cup in the cave. It's a visual medium. You look silly. We got cameras since you've last been on No this is I don't think so honey. One thing hasn't changed. One thing hasn't changed. We still do this goddamn segment. Okay, I don't think so wanty. We ran against something in pop culture that's not so great to us. And I had an experience this weekend and I would like to talk about.
Speaker 1: Okay, tough, tough couple of days for my girl. This is Matt Rodgers. I don't think so many as time starts now.
Speaker 2: I don't think so, honey. If you show up to a theme party and you don't have anything on that's the theme.
Speaker 1: Maybe they're coming from work and it's.
Speaker 2: No, I tell you something, stop it, okay, because I haven't even been and I hadn't even been doing that for ten seconds, and you sided with all of them, and that says a lot about what's going to happen going forward. You're going to side with them outside of this dynamic, and I agree with col I'm sick of us because if you're going to keep doing this, I'm second into.
Speaker 1: My I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Why I'm doing a really good one that no one's ever talked about before, which is that the theme party. People should dress the theme and you undermine me. Just sit there and count down how much time I have left during my time?
Speaker 1: How about that? I'm sick of you at a theme party, say the theme is New Year's Eve.
Speaker 2: I want to see a couple of hats and glasses, please for Christ's sake, because I show up. If you do that again, we're gonna have a huge problem. This podcast is over.
Speaker 1: I agree. I don't think so, honey. And that's what did it? Now? Wait? Hold on? Was is the theme? Was the theme? New Year's Eve? Because that's fun? It was Tom Kny's.
Speaker 2: Birthday party held at the house of Tom Nye and Matt Whitaker, and they had a New Year's Eve themed thirtieth birthday for Thomas and I show up and.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that everyone is too cool?
Speaker 2: But no one was doing the theme and I looked silly in a white jacket, fun glasses, yeah, and just look silly. And I'm I'm the only one dressed for the theme. And then I get looked at once over by everyone and I'm like, it's the theme.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't like to see if it's a party and gay guys are there and they once over, you give me a break, get out.
Speaker 2: It's like, I'm dressed perfect and y'all just look like you put a flannel on and rolled out of bed. You're on your way to Animal afterwards. I get everyone wants to look their best for Animal. The Sip and Twirl of Brooklyn. I want to apologize to you. That would be appropriate. I think I'm really sorry mhm if you were offended you almost there. Girls, Well, I'm really sorry for interrupting you. I didn't mean to No, that's okay, somewhere right.
Speaker 3: And I don't mean to bring a past you know what, Oh my god, that I interrupted equivalent injustices.
Speaker 2: You know what happens is col what Sometimes I get over caffeinated for the podcast and I get excited, and especially when we have a guest that I'm really excited to talk to and really like into.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will often do the most disabled can I tell you I don't mind. And people seem to think that I have a problem with you, like kind of like getting over enthusiastic, and it's.
Speaker 1: Like that's what I love and I really don't care. Yeah, it's called a podcast, bitch.
Speaker 2: When they go on, I'm like, why are you infantilizing Bowen Like I'm just like, like I'm a child to them, it seems like it's like Bowen Yang. If Bowen Yang ever thought that I was out of pocket, I have heard it, and I would hear it and I would think that that's something we shared.
Speaker 1: Love wearing diapers.
Speaker 3: We were talking about this yesterday me Josh Sharp, Max Whitert at a party and we were saying that people, we just want to try one day where we're in an adult diapers just to see what it's like, because the models on adult diapers are just the way they cast models for adult diapers is so amazing because it is these I've been in those rooms. Oh yeah, well you never booked, right, But it's people who and this is why you didn't book it, because it's people who look happy healthy and now you look better. But back then you brought me probably looked really gone.
Speaker 1: Drinking and trying to get work as a diaper model. And that was my low, that was my rock bottom. I was.
Speaker 3: Hungover, you know, lost my phone, lost my wallet. I would show up to these castings, put on that diaper. It's you know, me and Geena Davis for the for the same spot, and she's you know, the Picture of Health, the Picture of.
Speaker 1: Health Academy Award winner, be very believable in the.
Speaker 2: Diaper absolutely, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then of course neither of us got it, because that's how this fucked up industry.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I got to say it. Well, I have to say something. She booked it. They just they replaced her with the coke bear. They put the coke bear over her.
Speaker 3: The cocaine bear. Yeah, yes, from Elizabeth Binks's movie. But can I tell you something?
Speaker 1: What now with this play World's oyster? It really is you? Thank you?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: You really?
Speaker 3: But you want to wear like would you wear the diaper like in life? Like under your pants in life, like just walk around just to walk around peep? Yeah, yeah, for sure, if you're gonna wear it, you might as well, use it. I don't if I coop, though I think I would pee. I don't think for myself, but I don't know if i'd poop on myself. But we just want to try one night at the club. Listeners are gonna hate this episode. It's so much poop.
Speaker 1: I just telling I'm telling you guys right now.
Speaker 2: I have to say. It would be right in line with how they felt about our other episodes recently. So that's actually okay, all right, I think I have something I have that's great. And this is not three missed calls. Oh oh god, that's a little disconcerting, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I can wait. Okay, Well, where are they from? I'll never know because it's like random numbers. It always gives me a little bit of anxiety.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is I don't think so honey, and it's time stress now, I don't think so honey.
Speaker 1: Pills.
Speaker 3: You want me to put what where in my mouth? Here's what my mouth is. For smiling, saying a nice compliment to a friend. You look amazing today, both of you. How are you gonna get better when you get sick?
Speaker 1: Suckin' fucking rimming?
Speaker 3: Not for swallowing a little rock that might not make me better, It might actually make me feel worse. This mouth is exit, oh learning, that's right. Nothing goes in if I have my drathers, if my perfect days, if nothing goes into my mouth, if only stuff comes out like a funny joke.
Speaker 1: A word, vomit. I'm just I'll say it, just kidding. I need to eat.
Speaker 3: But pills make everything a vaccine or actually I would love a microchip in me if it may, if you could just download a cure to the brain.
Speaker 1: That's that was perfect. Seems like that was polarizing. Let me tell you something. I'm going to get emotional. Go there.
Speaker 2: If you get sick, you better take pills. Because I know it's been very tense between us today. But if you anything ever happened to you, I would not be able to continue on. And I'm not gonna let.
Speaker 1: Cool between us really have wedge.
Speaker 2: By the way, we now know he eats with his butthole, with his mouth. Oh yeah, I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Desperately out here. Okay, okay, okay, worming the anus. Let's warm up our bodies, actually relax, roll our shoulders, little.
Speaker 3: Warm ups before every ship I do. That's good has taught me a lot about that's a pro. He's a he's a pro about like protecting and yeah he's not even like actively teaching me.
Speaker 1: I'm just like watching him going cool, here's how you do cut cow? That was so mean? That was so mean. Yeah that cow, that's that's a that's a tagalog. Yeah you better cut that. You better cut that? Can I say in a real way? Yes, what happened with your lives?
Speaker 2: Love?
Speaker 1: At the Tony's Thank You? Isn't that weird?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: It was so good? I guess an overcrowded season, was it though? Or I just like a lot of shows. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was yo, And then I was like when I saw that it got almost nothing, I was like, oh, maybe it wasn't eligible, maybe that was last year.
Speaker 1: And then fully it was eligible.
Speaker 3: But you know it's like summer movies, how they are like less likely to get oscars.
Speaker 1: Like people didn't remember it. Yeah, I guess, or I don't know, that's the only explanation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like it just was like totally blanked across the ward pretty much. I was like, that's so surprising. Yeah, so this is actually going to be cool as schools and they said that it has to do with feed the bird, step into bag something along. Then they're Mary, Yeah, very interesting. Well this is coold schools. I don't think so, honey.
Speaker 3: And their time starts now, I don't think so, honey. The scene and Mary Poppins where they go to the bank. The movie is six hours long, it is. That scene comes in at hour five. It takes up another hour. They get a song, the men get a song, and I understand the point of that scene is to be boring, to show like, oh they need Mary Poppins.
Speaker 1: This is boring. Thirty seconds you know what thematically have that scene have no music?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know it's Mary brings the music in and for that matter, no music before she comes in either. Okay, yeah, except for maybe the children to show that they want music. You know, because when was the last time you watched Mary Poppins.
Speaker 1: I watched the returns. No, but this isn't.
Speaker 3: I haven't watched it because you're scared of that bank scene. That's what I'm saying. And that's when you're so right, And can I tell you something. Yeah, the whole arc of Mary Poppins, that movie is like not to bring drugs in again. It is like it's all a calm down after they go to cartoons, super califradulstic. Pot come down. It's Pot comes down. It's like that classic. You're coming down off of the feeling.
Speaker 1: High and you're like shaking and shapes and you get the and you're like your teeth hurt and you're like, oh my god, why did I smoke all that pot drug? Waken bake all right, Waken Bacon fly in. Yeah, that classic was like.
Speaker 2: Stupid. And Mary Poppins is so fucking dumb crazy you were saying before, just like every woman you said that before. Mary Poppins is so dumb, just like every crazy, hysterical woman. Now, so.
Speaker 1: Julie Andrews drag Julian Andrews can fuck, can fuck?
Speaker 2: I bet you know what's crazy? What is she has fucked? And you know, you think about Julie Andrews and you don't think about fucking. But then not everyone has seen Victor Vittoria.
Speaker 1: But her career after Sony music was I need to like let go of. I think she made a movie with Blake Edwards where she was like topless.
Speaker 2: Several movies right after, and there's a lot of subtext in Princess Diaries about how she's an informaniac.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, honey. Can I coin a phrase? I don't think so, honey? That was the Kelsey. Well now now it's done.
Speaker 2: Now it's done now, and now I just feel silly about the whole Can I say something though? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think today this podcast and you guys are back, thank you so much like I was, a lot of people are period. You're not even kidding. A lot of people are going to say, you guys are back, and I want you to be friends. Earlier I wanted you guys to not be friends.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something?
Speaker 1: There's nothing you could have said that would have come between us? Really? Wow, that really made me scared? Really, what do you know?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Should I? Yeah, that's the dichotomy and don't me Yeah, no, no, I really just I'm I was worried and now I'm not. You're welcome. I hope I bet episode inspired confidence, and I hope it inspired period period, and I hope it inspired Yeah. Go see what Wicked? Oh Mary? Go see Wicked the movie and Oh Mary on Broadway? How do you think Wicked the movie is going to be Pretendy's not here. Oh I can't wait, I really can't. And I've never seen it on stage. You've never seen it. I know, I I know I would, I know I would. You gotta go, you gotta go. It's that thing where I forget that.
Speaker 2: Can just go. Oh yeah, yeah, absolutely can just go. In fact, I'm like, I don't have tickets, Like, oh you get tickets, you get I was going to say you should go tonight, but it's Monday. And famously their.
Speaker 1: Dog is dark. But but oh Mary will not be dark on Mondays in the summer.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Perfect. Then then when are you dark then Sundays? You did tell me that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh like no. Conrad's like very very, very very religious. I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: I was like trying to search my mind. I remember if that was true. It's deeply, not deeply he's such a heathen.
Speaker 1: Oh he really is. He believes in like up ending all social norms. Yeah, chaos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a Judaeo Christian podcast, by the way, so we have to sort of float away from that.
Speaker 3: You did inspire me to go see Hello Dolly by myself? Wait where because when when Berner Datt was oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yes, yeah, I think you know, I had a conversation.
Speaker 1: It was like I gotta go myself. I couldn't afford it.
Speaker 2: At the time, it was it was like I could not get tickets and couldn't afford and I feel so fucking crazy that I didn't.
Speaker 1: I feel that way about Patty and Gypsy tickets at the time.
Speaker 2: You know what's weird. I saw a matinee of it, and at the time, I was like she was marking and I felt crazy thinking that, but like I think.
Speaker 1: She was, well, I'm Laura Ann Crush show is I can't imagine doing that fight times.
Speaker 2: See, and that's why I don't go to Matine's and it's it's no shade, and I'm sure everyone does. But I also think that the performers know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Play I see it on a Thursday night? Yeah great. Why do you think Thursday night is the best? I am always like, oh, weekends, that's too many shows. They might be tired. Tuesday, they're just coming back. Yeah, Wednesday sometimes they have a matinee and then have an evening show.
Speaker 3: Andy's amazing. So Thursday is right before that weekend show. They've had enough time to you know, Wednesday, having done weeks off. Bro, when do you feel strongest. It doesn't matter, It doesn't matter. It really doesn't matter. Like some days I'm like, oh my god, that Sunday matinee was amazing. Some days I'm like, oh, Friday night.
Speaker 1: It really is. Like so then that's how Patty was.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, yeah, it's Patty.
Speaker 1: I don't need to be convinced at all.
Speaker 2: Like I was just like, oh, I think because I was with my family, I think, and at the time, like always, but we were being sort of like, you know, cognizant about how much we were spending on it.
Speaker 1: They were like, oh, let's go to a Wednesday matinee or whatever it was.
Speaker 2: And I remember leaving being like, oh, I wish that that could have lived up to what my little gay brain made it, which was absolute, roaring performance of a lifetime at all times.
Speaker 1: And it could have been the audience too. It absolutely could have.
Speaker 3: Patty, we love you, one of the best to you. We want you, we want you to live, a line that we quote all the time from Waiting for Go Yeah good one.
Speaker 1: We love you, we want you to live. It's so funny. Catherine O'Hare would be a great many Oh my god, Oh my god, would Parker? Oh my god, I mean but she's offering white lotus right now. No she's not. Oh she was fired. Oh my gosh. Chaotic behavior. Oh, no, personal differences. You're kidding, guys, I'm kidding. Okay, April fool, you know what I love to say. What you're kidding? You're kidding. You're kidding. Oh my god, you're you kidding.
Speaker 2: You can do it so many different ways. No, I'm auditioning for you because I really want you to want to cast me in the show. You want me to catch you want me to want you as Mary. No, it's not what I say. No, I don't want that, and I don't think i'm right for it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think yes you are, is me as Abe and whatever? Husband, No, I'm not going to say it. Cool. Whenever I get auditions, I'm always thinking, oh, getting click, should get this? Oh Matt Roger City is I feel all the time. Yeah, but actually less as of late.
Speaker 2: Less as of late, I'm kind of like, Hey, I'm in my bad, Like I actually have a big audition this week, and I actually think No, I don't think there's anyone that that could be that good.
Speaker 1: I don't think you will get that one. No, it's too soon. It's too you're not ready. It's too big and I only just started. Yeah, well, listener, you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you. Sure, Queen, we are three NEOs too mean? No, I mean I love being. I love being. This is Broadway, baby. You watch your back or you wash your mouth.
Speaker 2: You know what. I'm actually you know what.
Speaker 1: I'm actually at work.
Speaker 2: I'm upset for you because we Actually, no, I'm not because you're gonna have Sundays off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a real thing. You have to go see the Sunset Boulevard with Nicolchure singer. Wait is that coming here? Yes, Oh, let's go. Let's go, let's go Sundays. I'm telling you, I went in the West End. It was so great. She is perfect in it. The concept that they went for Jamie Lloyd.
Speaker 2: Really everyone like, it's an all queer cast, right. I wish that were so just because they were they were gorge It's all queer cast, right, you're kidding.
Speaker 1: It's Queer's live. It's That's what I was talking.
Speaker 3: It's like a fully like queer crew. All everyone on the team is queer is a mab a mab what's a sign mail of birth? But something I do want to say is I need everyone to buy tickets to Bernadette Peters on Fire Island.
Speaker 1: That happening is happening.
Speaker 3: I need everyone to buy tickets so that they add a Sunday shows a Saturday and but I think maybe a sold out it's on a Saturday in June, or that's what they did for Patty last year, that they sold out so quickly that they just said.
Speaker 2: I need to know.
Speaker 3: Maybe Bernadette wouldn't want to add a second show, but I would.
Speaker 1: But I'm dying.
Speaker 3: This is it look to look to the camera like make your make your please mom a day at a day she was talking to me.
Speaker 1: At a day of Bernette Peters on Fire Island.
Speaker 2: Growing up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be amazing. I mean we saw this twice. I saw both nights were there that weekend.
Speaker 3: I don't know how who got me in. I bought the ticket for the second night, the first night tickets. I need to know what day it's happening, because you gotta go. Well, Bone's working all of June, but I'm going to be there.
Speaker 1: Doing what people's Court. Yeah, oh, you would be great as like a judge on one of those shows. Well, he's not very fair. He barely even let me get me throw my thanks. But you have to be more entertaining than fair. Right, you're so right. Yeah, and the entertaining Yeah, as in making you know, dishes. He's gonna show his butt in a movie.
Speaker 3: That's why I've been going to You're gonna see squat as squats and hip thrusts. I've never seen my buttthole and keep it because of the hair, because of the hair, and but just it's the color there.
Speaker 1: Producers are puking, by the way. All the producers are puking. By the way. We're all fired. We have to end the episode.
Speaker 2: I believe you.
Speaker 1: But I just wanted to read a book for you guys.
Speaker 2: Instead of instead of us ending every episode with the song, can you end the episode with an excerpt from a book?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, m hmmm.
Speaker 3: Success is counted sweetest by those who ne'er succeed to comprehend a nectar requires sorest need not one of all the purple hosts who took the flag today can tell the definition so clear of Victor A as he defeated, dying on whose forbidden ear the distant strains of triumph ring agonized and clear.
Speaker 1: That was Jake, he rolling yes, speaking about trans rites. Bye bye bye,