Speaker 1: Good transmitting there.
Speaker 2: This guy welcome the Thursday show, Warrener Studio Money.
Speaker 3: Do you guys see DiCaprio, Amy, you see the capro turn fifty?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, fifty years old.
Speaker 4: It's really hard to believe because I in my mind, because he's always dating like twenty four year olds or younger, I think that's his cap He just seems so much younger than fifty.
Speaker 2: To me, Yeah, I guess I feel like he is older because the big deal is always dating twenty four year old Oh right, but he has.
Speaker 4: An age to me, Like, to me, he just still seems so like he lives this young yacht, young girl life, and I picture him as like the Titanic Leo.
Speaker 1: But he is definitely older.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like he looks that young either. No, he's starting to look old.
Speaker 2: My wife, who's almost twelve years younger than I am, she was like, I don't only get the DiCaprio thing. I was like, well, you didn't see him and he was like real good looking. She was like gay, he's always been like that. Yeah, And I'm like that's a good point because because that.
Speaker 4: Just is like yeah, no, My teenage daughter and her friends I'm like, he's not a heart throb.
Speaker 1: To y'all, and they're like, what no, no, yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, yeah, Agrian fifty, we're gonna I'll play you a famous nineties movie clip. Name the movie. You guys can write these down. If you miss it, you're out. Okay, start a little game today. You guys to like that. I like games.
Speaker 3: Let's start a little game today.
Speaker 2: Uh number one? Right, thank, I'll go home now, Softball here, go ahead, I mean thank, I'll go home now. I'm in for the win. Amy Forstcumb, Latchbox Forest gom Eddie Forrest Gumb. But by the way, if I were to do the DiCaprio when you guys want to nailed this one, I should have exampled that I didn't.
Speaker 3: Right, Next up, go ahead, Oh.
Speaker 2: Right, alright, alright.
Speaker 3: Nineties movie? Can you name it?
Speaker 2: These are so easy? Won't double these up, but we will get some doubling up a little bit. I'm in Amy day and confused Watchbox days and confused Eddie days and.
Speaker 3: Confused nineteen ninety three days to confuse.
Speaker 2: Next one, I have to remind myself that some Bury's documented to be caged. Steph feathers are just too bright. Okay, I'm in.
Speaker 1: Man, I am in for the wind. Amy Shawshank Redemption.
Speaker 2: Lunchbox, Shawshank Redemption, Eddie Shawshank Redemption. Next, pay kay goo out.
Speaker 3: This one. I'll play twice starting now, are you yeah?
Speaker 2: Kayo out? What year ninety four? All these are nineties. We'll give a one more run. Pay kayo out.
Speaker 3: I'm in for the wind.
Speaker 2: Amy has her hand on her ear like a DJ nothing song, but there's nothing, literally nothing in her ear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's like holding her ear scratching a record. Quick Andy, we're gonna need an answer.
Speaker 4: No, okay, I can't think of the movie. But is it the one million dollar guy?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: One million dollars? What's that movie? It sounds like he was mumbling something like that lunchbox.
Speaker 2: Well, that is Jim Carrey. But I didn't know if it was the mask or a Sventur. And I wrote down ace Ventura, pet detective Eddie, I too wrote down a Spentura. It is a Spentura.
Speaker 1: What does he saying? Oh, yeah, I didn't hear that at all.
Speaker 3: I heard glove all right.
Speaker 2: Next one one million dollars, thank you, And the next one up to.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox, Austin Powers, Austin Power.
Speaker 2: That was Buddy Cool Cool. Next one, Who is your daddy and what does she do? So we're gonna play again and again. That could be any movies from nineteen ninety. Go ahead, Who is your daddy and what does he do? I'm in.
Speaker 3: I'm for the wind.
Speaker 2: Kindergarten cop, Eddie, kindergarten cop.
Speaker 3: Next one, just go home?
Speaker 2: That's your home?
Speaker 1: Are you too good for your home?
Speaker 3: Answer me, I'm in.
Speaker 2: I'm in for the wind. Lunchbox, Happy Gilmour, Eddie, happy Gilmore?
Speaker 3: Good one more than we go to speed round? Go ahead, how's keeping you want to her?
Speaker 2: Charles need sleepy? How's kipping? You? One man for pillow? Please go away? Let me sleep. For the love of God, I'm in.
Speaker 5: I'm in for the wind, lunchbox, rust in peace, Tommy boy, Eddie, Tommy Boy.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we'll do three of these. Speed round. Yeo your name if you know it? Okay, ray your face, yell the name, stop the clip. Here we go. Next, is it frankly to be Eddie? Eddie?
Speaker 3: Something about marrying correct? That's very fast. That's good.
Speaker 2: I couldn't think of the name movie next school Steve, watchbox, big Daddy?
Speaker 3: Correct it just got good, Steve. The final question buzzing with your name action.
Speaker 2: I desperately want to make love to a school boy.
Speaker 3: No, I that's not what I mean.
Speaker 2: What next? Please?
Speaker 3: Very famous scene, feel weird one more time. I desperately want to make love to a latchbox dumb and dumber.
Speaker 6: Correct, man, I don't remember that point at all, Mike, what is that part at the end of way you're trying to kill her that he loves her? And why does he desperately want to make love to school Trying to say I want to make love to you like a schoolboy, but he messes up telling you like he's a school boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got it all right.
Speaker 3: Feels good to start out today with a web I.
Speaker 7: Don't want to hear that yelling so early in the morning.
Speaker 2: Anonymous sin bar, there's a question to be well, Hello, Bobby Bones, how do I get my in laws out of our house? Two weeks ago they showed up for a surprise quick visit, and they said they were having so much fun they decided to extend their trip a little bit. Now they're talking about Thanksgiving plans with us My wife thinks it's sweet that they want to be with us, but I think there's more to the story. I walked by our guests room and heard them talking about having major financial problems which they're keeping to themselves and hoping just magically go away. I mentioned this to my wife, but she thinks I misheard. If they're having a hard time, happy to help, But I just wish they'd be honest and open about it. In the meantime, this new roommate arrangement is driving me nuts and infringing on us being the happy, married couple we were before this started happening. What can I do about this signed rooming with the in laws now? The first thing that I would say, this is two different stories. Had you not heard that conversation that you think you heard, I think it's a whole different story. If it's just the in laws are there and they won't leave, that is a conversation because of your wife's parents. You have to go to your wife, and she has got to be the leader and the ambassador for the couple to go and say whatever she needs to say to make them commit to leaving. At some point, you're not gonna make a lead tomorrow, but to at least have the conversation to find out when they're leaving, Like she's got to be that ambassador. Had you not heard the financial thing that you think you might have heard, but you did, that changes everything. If they're going through a sucky time. What I have learned having a family now is that you also are part of that sucky time because you're family. And if they're having a sucky time, you just grin and you bear it with them, and you let them stay and you don't raise a fuss. Is it not as fun as a little crowded it's a little anoying. Yep.
Speaker 3: You know what else sucks?
Speaker 2: You don't have money and you're having to like stay at someone's house because you know they don't want to be there either.
Speaker 4: So does he have the daughter or his wife go to the parents and say, hey, we hurt.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't no, not if you again.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we can hear things we don't really hear, or we can hear, but if you really think you heard them say that, then removed that they'll magically go away. That's him inserting his own opinions, thoughts and biases on whatever you heard. Maybe they were wishing they'd go away. But if that's what you heard, and that's what you think you heard, you just need to be a family and let them stay and let them think that you don't know, and just be nice because if it's sucky for them, you help and it's probably gonna be a little sucky for you. And that's okay because they are gonna be times, but it's sucky for you, they're gonna help you. Right. But if that didn't happen, the wife's got to go talk to the people and be like, hey, I'm here. We just need to know, Hey, we love you guys being here, but like, when do you think you're going to leave?
Speaker 4: And you know, that's why I thought the wife could clarify, because what if they're like, oh, we were talking about a movie, we were watching.
Speaker 2: The Mars, I hear you. And that's why it really has to depend on what he thinks he heard. And if he did hear it, and he's pretty confident, you just be a family and you live in the uncomfortable when they're living the uncomfortable because they don't want to be there either. But if he didn't hear it, the wife's got to go and don't kick them to the curb, not immediately, but just find out, Hey, just wondering because we have some other friends that are coming or some other we're leaving, going. It doesn't matter what the situation is. But we just need to know we love you being here, Like when are you guys leaving? So we can plan for that. But she has to do it. If that's the case, she's their kid, that's the ambassador. Yeah. On a side note, I wish our in laws would come and say.
Speaker 3: With us more.
Speaker 4: Well, that's because you have like really awesome in laws. Not everybody has that.
Speaker 2: I've heard, and I really expected that because most of the people that had that, like all the TV shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like you. When I was married, my in laws were amazing.
Speaker 3: We took ours on vacation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so good luck with that.
Speaker 2: You know what else, I'd say, go listen to the door more to go listen to the door and make sure you're right, get more more information.
Speaker 1: Yeah, put a little microphone in there.
Speaker 3: Yes, there you go. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: There's a podcast called in the Vet's Office and so doctor Josie hosted.
Speaker 3: She talked about she had a patient that said, yeah, you can only neut my dog if you put the fake, fake implants on the dog. Yeah, yes, this happened to her. She's a vet here play that.
Speaker 8: She said, the only way my husband will agree to neuter our dog is if we put neudicles in.
Speaker 1: They are silicone dog ball implants.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 8: Yes, So I neutered the dog and at the time neutering put in the implants, and the neuter is like pretty quick.
Speaker 1: But when I put the implants in, I'm like, okay.
Speaker 8: I don't want the right to be lower than the left, Like I really took my.
Speaker 1: Time to make sure excursions. That's what I said.
Speaker 2: So, wow, she has crazy stories. It's a if you love animals. And also she has on Justin Anderson this week. Who's a lot on with Kristin Cavalary, is it hare Y? Yeah yeah yeah yeah. So season two of The Vets Office in the Vet's Office has launched. But the new the dog noodle weird. I know, I didn't know those weird things and then she had to like make sure they were even. I mean, yeah, it makes sense. It does make sense. You don't want to whopper jobs and a fake noodles cool.
Speaker 4: Like if you had your dog neuter, you don't need it to have the.
Speaker 2: I really struggle with neutering, but I did not want fake ones.
Speaker 1: Because because it also just looks that's.
Speaker 2: That's like owner, that's an owner issue more than a dog issue. Wants a dog's noodle. I know that I don't know that, we don't know what the dog really feels about that. You're right, so I can tell you what they don't feel. Give me some fake noodles because they don't even know noodles are or fake ones. Anyway, Check it out. It's a It's a podcast. Season two has started in the Vets office.
Speaker 9: Go search it out Amy's pile of stories.
Speaker 4: According to data put out this week, the average American checks their phone around five at times per episode while watching TV. And we really can't make it fifteen minutes into something before we start multitasking, Like we don't just like sit there and actually consume what we're watching.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I can't hate on that data because I think if left to my own devices and I by myself, I probably do that a lot. I have to really prioritize not doing that if it's my wife and I'm watching a show that we both enjoy. We I will my phone lips face down, like I just don't want to see atlarts even during the show. So I take my phone and put it out of reach and it stays face down, and unless just to go to the bathroom or something or I do, I don't even look at it.
Speaker 3: And I'm really proud of that because it's major growth for me.
Speaker 4: Like the minute she gets up to it immediately, I'm talking Twitter.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 4: I saw something like we spend six hours a day consuming content. But that's not just on TV, like it could be podcast consuming reading a book, listening to an audiobook, podcast, listening to the radio.
Speaker 1: But at total six hours a day.
Speaker 3: I'm into it.
Speaker 2: I think people should consume more, sure, especially radio podcast.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Eddie recently shaved his head. He just embraced the baldness and it looks really good. And I feel like a lot of times we focus on stories like sexiest man alive with hair?
Speaker 3: Did he win?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: The New York Post had this whole thing about the top sexiest.
Speaker 1: Baldman in the world, Jason State.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I just came out bad.
Speaker 1: He's not in the top. Pretty hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that just came out.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, but he's not on here.
Speaker 2: But I don't think he's I don't think the rock is sexy because I think he's too big sexy, he's too long.
Speaker 1: Yea, but he's awesome, he's nice.
Speaker 2: He did as part of interesting. Okay, I can accept that. I just mean like he's like too big. Maybe he's just not my type of guy. Maybe that's it's not my style.
Speaker 1: It is too strong.
Speaker 3: No, you like too thick. I guess I like my guy's dinner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been Diesels on there, go ahead, Uh, Shack's not sexy.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, I can play.
Speaker 3: That personality fun.
Speaker 1: Did you know Shackers twenty two shoe?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean I probably didn't know exactly that. I think we're talking.
Speaker 1: About somehow I came across exactly that.
Speaker 2: Why you're looking that up?
Speaker 1: Didn't I just read it? Danny DeVito?
Speaker 3: Come on, I think he was sexiest. I saw like sexiest ball.
Speaker 1: No, he was at number six.
Speaker 3: I did, But that's that's a joke. No, we're personality.
Speaker 4: Do you want to know the criteria that they bounced on? Smile analysis, shine factor on the head, vocal attractiveness, and media perception.
Speaker 2: Danny Vito was so nice to me once, one of the nicest, kindest, like five minute interactions I've ever had. I can tell the story at a different point, but he was so freaking cool that I'll I'll speak at his funeral if he ever does. Shorty, you're really small. That's crazy, Mike cow short is he? I would guess like five foot two, wow, five foot two, five foot three.
Speaker 3: Here we go, David four foot ten Wow, that's crazy the wow guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, also, I'm I guess the number one sexy as bald man, and that is Prince William.
Speaker 3: Does he count?
Speaker 2: And he's baldy? What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Does he count?
Speaker 2: He's like his hairline is right, yeah, he still has hair ring sides like it. To be sexy as bald man, you've got to have committed to being bald. I like, go for the shave. Yeah, yeah, that's not bold.
Speaker 4: Kelly Clarkson talked about the room she has in her house. It's dedicated to Christmas and it stays up all year long, like she loves Christmas so much, and she was just talking about how one.
Speaker 1: Year she decorated this room with her kids and she's like, you.
Speaker 4: Know what, I'm just going to leave this up because I don't want to keep having to take it down and put it back up every single year.
Speaker 1: So she has a Christmas room in her I.
Speaker 2: Guess we have a lot of rooms in your house. It is probably pretty easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess that's sure.
Speaker 4: You know some people they'll decorate their tree and then they just wheel it out to their garage and put like a big bag over it, and then when they're.
Speaker 2: We oh, I did that forever forever. My wife and I first got right, we did that. We just moved the training. Now now we have a different We have a friend who has a Christmas decorating company, and so we hire her because she's our friend and she's awesome at it and it's Keaton clause, so she'll do it. But we used to do that. We just wheeled the tree into the Keating class. She's related, she's yeah, she's saying, his niece, Wow, that's what.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, we've known game for a long time. And my son literally was.
Speaker 2: Like, he like blue his n Yeah, I didn't know that, dude. The'ee each other family reunions on. It's not super close anymore. But yeah, well it's a long travel it is a long travel day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I maybe that's my pile.
Speaker 9: That was Amy's pile of stories. It's time for the good news ready.
Speaker 7: Aaron from Alabama had been waiting on a kidney transplant for lots of years. He even made business cards with people saying, hey, look this is how you can help me.
Speaker 2: I need a kidney.
Speaker 3: I need a kidney.
Speaker 7: Finally, the business card landed in retired marine Jeff Sosnowski. He looks at the business card said hey, I've always thought about donated a kidney. So he goes checks to see if he's a match. He's not a match, but here's a deal. From my research.
Speaker 2: It's one of those things, one of those things you know, like, no, he gives to somebody that needs it, like that he can match with him.
Speaker 3: I me to cut you off. I'm just so excited about it.
Speaker 7: So he follows through with another donation to someone else. Automatically, Aaron will be moved up on the list. So Jeff finds that out and he says, you know what, let's do that. So he starts donating to someone else and then in the meantime, another stranger.
Speaker 2: Since Aaron was so high on the list that I got a kidney.
Speaker 3: It's yours.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I think about it, donating both my kidneys. Yeah, that's what I think about though, I have doing an impression.
Speaker 7: He yeah, just though he thought about donating.
Speaker 2: He's awesome. He thought about it and he did it. I've been thinking about it in my heart though. Wow, my brain and my brain. Wow after I die. Yeah, I got all that signed up on the Yeah. Yeah, that is what's his name again, the marine? His name is retired Marine Jeff Sosnowski. That's awesome, so selfless, that is what it's all about.
Speaker 3: That was tell me something good, Raymond. Know what's your question?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so my wife's birthday is coming up, and now that I have a house and I'm not in an apartment and stuff, we get all our mail at the exact same spot and location, and so I'm wondering, how do I do a birthday because we also have same credit card and stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh, how do you get a gift here? Knowing the gift? Great question. So I can tell you how I do it. I go and take cash out from the bank, and then I go and buy anything with cash if it's an in person, and then I take and hide it.
Speaker 3: I usually keep it. I don't want to say, well, actually don't.
Speaker 2: Listen to the show. Like I keep in the trunk of my car unless it's alive, but there's never been anything alive, so always keep a trunk of my car. I've also like had friends hold stuff before because if I buy something on a credit card or if I use Amazon, who knows. She mostly doesn't go look at that stuff, but she might just for some other reason, because like yesterday she was like, we have a charge for something on the credit card that because it pops up on our phones when our credit cards used, and so she's like, I don't recognize this charge. Something like that could happen all of a sudden, she sees I bought something else, I go and take cash out and then buy it with cash so I can't be tracked.
Speaker 3: Like basically the car, I'm the cartel, so that would be mine.
Speaker 2: And then I hide in the trunk of my car because there's no reason she would ever get in the trunk of my car.
Speaker 3: Or you can leave it up here in the studio.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, I used to get all my packages to the studio, but I don't know this new address.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't order it by mail if it's possible, or have somebody else order it for you and it go to their house. That would be my suggestion. Or like if it's let's say it's my little pony, they just went to the Toy Hall of Famus while I'm thinking about it. Nice for the record, So you would say, hey, I'm gonna buy this my little pony, Bobby, would you get it for me and I'll just.
Speaker 3: Give you the cash for it. I'll benmow you and I'm like.
Speaker 2: No problem, Yeah, we could do that. Those would be my quick solutions on how I have to do stuff to hide things from my wife. Amy.
Speaker 4: Well, I think too, depending on cash or withdrawing, like depending on how you and your partner have it set it up with like how much you can spend without talking, you may have to like withdraw a twenty here, twenty there, and then it adds up over time just so you're not like taken out. Because depending on the gift, it might like the birthday is coming.
Speaker 2: Up, you can also Okay, if that's the case, that's a great point. Well I'll give you the cash and then you can just pay me back on loan. Okay, that's a great.
Speaker 1: Point because she might be like, why did you withdraw?
Speaker 4: Like I mean, I know, I'm just throwing out number because they've been married a while to her birthday. Even if it's one hundred and two hundred dollars, you might be like, wait a second, why did you withdraw that cash?
Speaker 3: She said, I was gambling on euro soccer too in the morning.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yet what he does a couple of years ago, that would have made sense, but she knows that's not the thing.
Speaker 2: Any What do you think the move is for you? Like, what if you had to do something today, what would you do?
Speaker 5: I was thinking, why not move toward It's maybe a trip or a dinner so that you don't have to hide stuff otherwise it's what it's been is, don't go to the front door, don't go to the back door. Don't even look at the packages. So they're sitting out there in the rain until I get home because it says my name on it. It's just ridiculous. And then the credit card bill, just like you said, that's the part that's tricky. And I think, man, trip sounds awesome, but like a dinner is great. I think you still need to get some kind of gift. I mean a trip's a gift, it's an experience. Yeah, that's a big one. You just need a flop address where you can get some stuff sent to.
Speaker 3: Really is what it is.
Speaker 2: You need a safe house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ray needs a safe house for his gifts.
Speaker 2: Sounds shady. It does sounds shady, Like if your wife's ever like, what is this place? Oh, it's a secret place I have, I'm telling you she won't think it's for gifts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what it is you could use any of us here We to let you do that.
Speaker 3: Some of us a probably keeping sell it or something.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, same time they never got it. And if you need any help in that department, I'm happy to help you. Cash is always the best if you're buying a gift, if you can get it out without her noticing, there's gotta be some element of surprise otherwise, like most folks like I look and see what's been bought on the Amazon account, just to make sure nobody's like hacked our account or they have our numbers and are buying stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the thing I've had to avoid.
Speaker 2: Amazon. We have the same account and you should unless you're gonna open a new account. But then it' still gonna pop up your credit card. It's a trick.
Speaker 5: I'm going on all these mom and pop shops because it's all the ones that aren't Amazon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it'll be in your credit card.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 3: But I just told her don't check the credit card, which is a fraud.
Speaker 2: That's true. If you need something bought, you can come to us. If you can't get cash out, we're happy to loan you the cash. Cool, You're good for it. If you need a place to keep it, trunk of the car is always good, keep it at work up here, or you can do that. The dinner itself is not enough for your wife. She needs to give a trip is But a dinner is like part of the experience. Okay, would you loan the money, Eddie or would your wife? You wonder why you were loaning him? For sure? This mom was arrested taken to jail because she let her eleven year old son walk less than a mile into town.
Speaker 3: And so that's the just of the story. And I give you the details. You tell how you feel about it.
Speaker 2: Has Brittany Patterson, and she went to drive her eldest son to a medical appointment on October thirtieth, so a couple weeks ago. She has another son who's eleven, who was supposed to tag along but was not around when it was time to leave, and so she had figured he was simply playing or visited his grandma or whatever it is. But it turned out he had decided to walk to downtown Mineral Bluff, a town of three hundred seventy people. It's less than a mile from their home. He was spotted alongside the road by a woman who asked if he was okay, and even though he said yes, I am, the woman called the police. The deputy drove the kid home and left him with his grandfather. Whenever she ended up coming back home, of course, she's like, hey, you can't go walk into town. And that was probably the end of it, except around six point thirty that night, the deputy showed up with another officer and said, hey, we have to take you in the handcuffed, took her to jail, fingerprinted mugshot taken, was put in prison. Garb. That sounds like a lot, And this whole story is from a source called reason. I was thinking about this one. I guess I need to know how busy that road was he was walking on. Yeah, it also feels I will say, without having any of the information, it also feels like because nothing happened to the kid, like coming to the house at six point thirty, handcuffing, fingerprinting and putting her in prison garb seems a bit much. Even if you have to go like we have to take you in, just ask a few questions and like, yeah, officially filed it. There's no need to handcuff her and put her in prison gear. Even if you do have to take her in for a minute because of some rule that you are now you have to follow because somebody called it in. Like the handcuffing, it's just too much. So I would need to know though. Was he walking on an interstate like that would be bad?
Speaker 7: I mean it since the town was like three hundred people, like sounds like a small busy.
Speaker 2: But there are major roads that go into small towns. I drive through them all time. There are speed traps basically, Yeah, so I don't have enough information there. But if I see an eleven year old walking on road cars are doing eighty miles an hour like that ain't good. Yeah, it's not good any good. Where I grew up town seven hundred, we walked everywhere. I was nine years old, I was out hustling yards to mow and ray. But that was nobody's gonna do anything because the whole town was small there. It was no highway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's so many variables to consider here.
Speaker 4: And I wonder if, like when he went there, because he went back later with another officer.
Speaker 2: He said back to the house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, So like my thing is, did he see something that he felt was unfit?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good question, Like at the house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, back because I'm like, this isn't to me, that isn't equal showing back up later to take her to jail.
Speaker 7: I think now I read that it's a Child Protected Services thing now, so I think for like the next two or three weeks, the child is under a supervision of another officer always twenty four seven.
Speaker 2: The CPS thing literally could be because of the call though, right, and not the house. Not anything they saw at the house. It listen, from what we know, it feels a bit dramatic to handcoffort and put her in prison close like that. To me, I'm like, wow, the rest of the stuff if somebody sees I'm glad the person called and saw the kid on the side room called because always if you're wondering, you might as well call it when there's a kid involved to make it, especially if it's a kid. Yes, if it's an adult, I'm gonna say that and then go really, but then I might, But if it's a kid always, So I'm not even mad at the person who calls, not at all. But being arrested. I mean my parents would have got life in prison. I mean they'd have been had the key locked away. Also different time then, it was for sure for us as kids, a completely different times.
Speaker 3: No one's even saying something.
Speaker 2: Heck, no, I was saying something to say something back in the day.
Speaker 4: Well, gosh, and eleven year olds they can there. It's all over the book on how they look like. Some eleven year olds I see at sporting events, I'm like, Okay, that looks like he uh could be in college. And then my son when he was eleven, looked like he was seven. So it just depends.
Speaker 2: Also, eleven, I was pretty mature. I don't know if an eleven year old. I was pretty mature at eleven. Every situation is different. There's a lot of nuance to this that we don't know. I see people upset both ways. The only thing that really irritates me is the fact that unless she was like resisting, why they had to handcuff her and put her in prison. That's what they call it prison garb Orange, And I do understand if they have to go back and actually take her in if if there's a call and CPS is now involved, there are protocols they have to fall follow, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Sure probably the cop was even like, I don't want to have.
Speaker 2: To do this. It's just the handcuffs to get me. So I'm gonna leave this undecided until I find out more. I don't like the I don't like to leave things undecided. I'm gonna leave this undecided. But I am going to commend the person who called because I think she's getting a lot of crap online. Yes, I'm totally on your side, small road, big road. If you're concerned, then there could be something with a kid. Always call. So I am going to side with them, and I hope they get this figured out and be crazy watch mom get handcuffed.
Speaker 3: That'd be crazy. More trauma from that than anything.
Speaker 2: Mom is your jail jumpsuit. You have to right to remain silent. What Basically, she didn't get a big enough tip so she could front to people. Right, that's what the story is here. So she was tipped nine percent on a customer's bill. She called out the customer, and then everybody's like debating on if you're supposed to do that or I I'll give you a little more context here. She posted us on TikTok. She goes, last night, I got a nine percent tip, So I confronted the person in the bathroom like she waited for them to go to the bathroom. The service that she saw the woman waiting to go to the bathroom, so she went over and asked her. She said, I went up and said, hey, how's everything tonight? The customer said it was great. She goes, you left me a nine percent tip, so I wanted to see if there's anything I can improve. The customer then reportedly responded no. So again, I'm gonna say, as a server, we waiter for a long time, you can't do this bull crap. As a server front, you can't. This is the biggest bathroom. Some people just aren't going to tip you as much. That is showbiz, baby. Some people are going to tip you more than the standard tip, and that sucks in this situation. But you cannot go and confront a customer about what they tipped you.
Speaker 4: Especially under the guys of like is there anything I did wrong or that I could do better?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't want to go back to that restaurant. That would make me feel so uncomfortable that that happened. It would keep me from going to that restaurant again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I understand genuinely wanting to know, like why you didn't, But I mean you could probably look at how you served and figure out.
Speaker 2: Probably wasn't even a server problem exactly.
Speaker 4: Like if you knew you did a good job, then it's just that person. So just keep doing a good job and healthfully it'll even itself out.
Speaker 2: But as a customer, you can tip whatever guarantee thing this girl should be fired, correct, like fire her fire? Yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: Maybe, just like talk.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, yellow car, It depends how good of a server she is.
Speaker 2: This does life. You mess up and you're a great employee. How much money are you bringing in versus going out? And we make our decisions based on that. It's not completely black and white. If she's been a great server with nothing against her and she was having a bad day and she did this, then okay, if there's been a other she's out of there. This is the cardinal rule.
Speaker 1: Well, and they're probably like, that's why you got nine tips?
Speaker 2: Yeah, see. But also that's a great point, like someone that will do that is also someone whose sensibilities are.
Speaker 1: Like that, or sometimes you just have a having a bad day.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, which is why she would get grace if she had been a great employee and this wasn't common.
Speaker 3: There's another one here.
Speaker 2: Imagine you get a four thousand dollars tip that's pretty amazing, and then you end up getting fired for it. Oh, I'll give you some context here. Amy Ryan Brandt a waitress in Arkansas. She was serving a table of over forty business executives at the Oven and Tap in Bentonville, Arkansas. They decided to leave her a massive tip, and so was capture on video. Because the left of the tip they wanted to like surprise her, let's record it. The manager at the restaurant allegedly wanted her to hand over the tip and only keep twenty percent of it, which did not go overwhelm with Ryan, who's a girl by the way, Ryan the girl. In the end, Ryan claimed she was fired for violating policy, but not before the generous diners made sure that she got to keep the full amount. So she got the money, but then was fired. She didn't confront them. She said thank you as oppositely the other one. She got a big one and said thank you. This is from unilad. Okay thoughts here, Well, it's her tip number one. She did not serve these forty people by herself. There's zero percent chance in any world that any waiter waitress is serving at forty top. There's just thing to forty top, multiple tables by herself.
Speaker 1: Good top, A good point. I didn't think of that, so.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying she shouldn't get more than twenty percent, But we first got to look at she had a lot of help, and because they tipped her doesn't mean she should get to keep all four thousand dollars of that tip. Who helped her? But how many other waiters helped her? They had to because one person's not bringing all that food. So I'm gonna go if I'm the manager here, Okay, you get two thousand of it and split the other two thousand up amongst the help, because a lot of help had to be had here as the manager. Do you split it for her? Do you let her split it?
Speaker 3: I'd probably give a recommended split. If I don't like it, then I step in.
Speaker 2: Okay. I don't understand why they would only let her keep twenty percent unless it's some policy. So twenty percent of four thousand dollars is eddy, Oh, no way, dude, okay, do ten percent of four thousand dollars is exactly how you do it? Four hundred okay, And now what's twenty percent? It would be ten times.
Speaker 7: Two twenty I know, four hundred, four hundred times two one hundred times two eight hundred and eight hundred.
Speaker 2: That's so that would be twenty percent. Okay, So that would be eight hundred dollars. So probably lo Low.
Speaker 1: That's low. That's not That's not how I would do it.
Speaker 3: Probably lo Low.
Speaker 4: I say, you look at the total of the bill whatever they ate, like, say, you know forty people, who knows whatever it is. But just for the sake of this, let's say it was a four hundred at all our bill right.
Speaker 1: Well, then the other people get tipped out.
Speaker 4: Of like that with a twenty percent tip on a four hundred dollars bill would be they get tipped off of that, and then she could keep the rest.
Speaker 2: It's such a massive tip. I would go with my solution because down the miss on me she was the main. But there's no way she was the main in doing them all all, even most of it. She should split it with them, but they each get they get two thousand. The other five people are split in the two thousand.
Speaker 7: When a table comes in, are like, well, customers come in and they sit at a table, do they say, all right, Bobby, that's your table.
Speaker 3: You're you're the surf, Yeah, for sure. And then you're like, hey, guys, it's forty people.
Speaker 2: I need help. Know that you have the help that comes with you. Otherwise the food's not getting out near time. Image there's forty andres. You can't one person can't get all them out when they're warm, and then everybody's got them at different times. There's probably eight people helping this table. My point is I think it sucks that she got fired. I'm glad you got her money, and I probably would have gone to two thousand.
Speaker 3: And then the other two thousand gets split.
Speaker 2: Two thousands still really good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, heck yeas really was.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So anyway, we're just solving problems for waiters all over the day. We love that there, right, wonder what is your if you do the dishes that you live longer?
Speaker 3: Story?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So I was reading the research journal Mindfulness put this out, and they said they had a test group and they had them focus on the dish, soap, the shape of the dishes, washing them, cleaning them, and they.
Speaker 3: Were called the test study group.
Speaker 5: And the people that did that, and then there were the people that hated it and dreaded every second of it.
Speaker 2: I hate the dishes so much.
Speaker 5: So those that were part of the mindful group, they showed a decrease in nervousness. They also reported an increase in mental inspiration and it was like a moving experience for them.
Speaker 2: So then help me understand this again. There's two groups. There's one group called the mindful group.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, as long as you're thinking about the dish washing, you're appreciating the soap and the bubbles and moving your hands across the dish, how do.
Speaker 3: They find it? That's like finding a jury.
Speaker 1: I would do it. Guys, I'm that group. I'm that group.
Speaker 4: You hate the dishes, like, I like like taking the spune and going round around the plate and then getting it.
Speaker 2: That's great. The shine when you walk up and there's a sink full of dish.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I can't handle it.
Speaker 2: It's disgusting. There's like a little bit of food here and there.
Speaker 1: But I make it beautiful.
Speaker 2: But you see that and you go, oh, I cannot wait to get started.
Speaker 1: Correct, No way, way, Like I almost like drop everything.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do the dishes, not because it's bothering you because it's dirty, but because it looks fun.
Speaker 1: No, I would lie.
Speaker 4: I want to because I know also how I'm gonna feel when it's done.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna feel so good that I can understand.
Speaker 3: That's why I exercise. I hate working out.
Speaker 4: But also the process doesn't annoy me. I like the process of like seeing something. Why have the little sprayer.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, I would dispose it. She might be a psycho killer for the first time ever. Like some people just have these really odd the fact that you like.
Speaker 1: I also like doing laundry.
Speaker 2: That's weird.
Speaker 1: I hate matches, And I love vacuuming. Am I in the wrong profession?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 3: So okay, as in you look forward to it, I.
Speaker 1: Uh, well, you don't. It's reliever for me.
Speaker 4: Like my kids know, if I'm vacuuming a floor that doesn't really look like it needs to even be vacuum They're like, oh, she give mom some space.
Speaker 2: She is a cycle killer. She just hid three bodies. Give moms some space.
Speaker 1: She's processing.
Speaker 4: But I just love a good you know, even my Like I don't have carpet, but I wish I did, because if I could.
Speaker 2: See those lines, you can get some pretty easily.
Speaker 4: I know, no, but I know well I have. I have hardwoods and rugs. My rugs, I can't see the lines.
Speaker 2: What if you just got a room and only put carpet in it so you could keep the carpet clean and do the lines. Yeah, that's wild. That is satisfying because I hate it so much. I mean, I think maybe not to everybody else, I hate it so much. I hate dishes so much. I don't really do much laundry. If I do, it's like two things. You know what I do with the laundry, I put stuff in the dryer to unwrinkle it. Yeah, I do that, toot as far as I go. Lon, I'm not a.
Speaker 1: Perfect laundry person.
Speaker 4: Like I my ADHG brain will also create piles and like then I do the laundry and then I kind of leave it over here. But I but I still enjoy the process and all of get back to it.
Speaker 2: So Ray, you're telling me again there are two groups. One group that doesn't hate it or what like? Again, explain how these people get in these groups?
Speaker 5: Well, the one test group was told to actually enjoy the experience and think about the bubbles and all that told me to enjoy the experience, and she's like, hey, you guys, those dishes and really enjoy it.
Speaker 3: I think this is the dumbest thing ever heard. Okay, got it.
Speaker 5: And so for that group, time actually slowed down and they were able to appreciate the simple things in life. The other group that hated it, nothing improved and it's just the same old album.
Speaker 4: I think it's a good example of how you go through life doing life.
Speaker 1: Like are you going to have an attitude?
Speaker 4: Are you gonna have an attitude of like, oh I hate this?
Speaker 1: Are you just going to be like you know, what I'm going to stop and appreciate the process.
Speaker 3: Here more Aristotle of dishes.
Speaker 2: I like where we're going.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like it's pretty simple.
Speaker 2: I just gave it to you. Yeah. I think you're probably right in a lot of ways. I think for me, I hate it so much. Somebody record that, do you think a woman? I don't think it's the same thing at all. I think it's I washed dishes as a job for a long time too. When I was working at a restaurant. It was the worst. It was disgusting, and we had power cleaners the top. Oh that's cool, but it was so much food just and so. But they would get that and I don't know if if and that's little tea trauma. This trauma is little T trauma, not big T trauma. I hate And it was so gross to me all the time because I was just dealing with humans. They just would like, eat food and leave it. I guess that's what you do a restaurant because I do that too. Now we all do that.
Speaker 1: I feel so bad about it. Now you're like, do you want me to go back through and washing this?
Speaker 2: It was just the worst laundry. I don't hate I don't do really much laundry at the house. Kayla likes to do laundry though, and I think wise because if I have anything to do with it, I will shrink stuff or or it'll be stuff if it's.
Speaker 1: You know, you can learn to just check the tax and in.
Speaker 2: The hot water cold water, No, it's all stain closed. It's all cold water because because cold water you can't mess up right, right, but some should be hot. But but I don't.
Speaker 3: Again, I don't.
Speaker 2: I almost never do laundry anymore because I've done the thing where I have faked being bad at it.
Speaker 3: We've all done that.
Speaker 1: Sure, that's what you always to tell me that.
Speaker 4: Then my ex husband would do because like the way he folded stuff, just driving me crap, and I was you were in the Air Force, I know you know how to fold a shirt, and y'all were like, he's totally doing that, because yeah, he wants you to just take over.
Speaker 3: We only have a couple of those we can use.
Speaker 2: We only have a couple of fake being bad at it passes because if we have that in like seven or eight places where we were just stupid. So we have a couple of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because y'all are very capable.
Speaker 2: Why won't you say smart? She didn't even go smart.
Speaker 4: You know you're smart because smart. Do you have to be smart to fold a T shirt?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Apparently apparently so because your husband was your excess, was very bright and he can very do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought that's stupid. That's sudd he was stupid.
Speaker 2: But I don't as much anymore because Amy's one who enjoys.
Speaker 1: It's more about life.
Speaker 2: It's more about life, guys, and then that's all about I was watching a college football game this weekend. A guy gets knocked out, like and you're always scared because like, what did he hurt? And he just got his bell rung? And so they take him on the side. Do you ever see him like smell the stuff?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Like smelling get them?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have to wake them up. I have some here I bought. It's not like cocaine, dude, dude, give me some.
Speaker 1: But it's like what but all sports keep it on the.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah they keep it. I was gonna let you smell it. Come over here, all right? But should we knock her out first? We should not knock her out? Like what what does it do when you don't need it.
Speaker 5: But some people do it just pre game like gets you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you ready to get high bones. This is like cocaine. No, you don't eat it. Okay. So here's how it has to work though, So it's not gonna hurt you what on earth? But you have to put it under your nose and go. No, it's not gonna that's the thing. It's not going in your nose and you just smell it out of the bottle. Okay. But if you only go it's time, it's not going to do. Yeah, you have to. You have to give it a big like big, big, big whiff. Are you ready? Here we go? Three two, one go?
Speaker 1: I did it.
Speaker 2: What do you feel?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Nothing yet, but let me do it again.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 4: It's not very it doesn't smell great, but just give me a little.
Speaker 2: More, like like take a robust smell. Maybe maybe to her it's nothing. Go ahead.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I have my full taste and smell back. Since COVID, that would hurt her.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, because it does smell.
Speaker 1: That smells like when I'm getting my hair colored.
Speaker 2: It sounds like she's doing the stuff. I think I think she has I think she has covid.
Speaker 4: Nos no, no, no, But when you're getting your hair colored, that smells like hair done.
Speaker 2: Take a smell. Do not smell it beforehand, and take a big stay right there. Don't you have a deviated septem though, don't don't look at it. I know should be good.
Speaker 1: I do feel happy, though, what.
Speaker 2: Do you mean don't look at it like like just just take like it's not there. No, don't just put under your nose and give it a big smell. You're good. That was a week nothing really should harder? Ye smell? Yeah? Nothing, dude? Do you have covid nose?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Because I win a minute. It's a powder. You don't eat it, though, should I line it up and do it now? Smell and I smell it in that. I think I need to get powder like. You don't think you smell it. I don't think you put in your nose.
Speaker 3: I think you do because they ripped open a little.
Speaker 2: But I've done that before. You smell the top of you. They don't dump it. I'm almost positively I'm umping your nose like I've never snorted. I'm not sure you snort it.
Speaker 7: Give the bottom here, like just smelling because for the sake of the bit, I'll do it.
Speaker 2: I've never snored, do anything. You might die up for the sake of the bit. We did that what Amy wance and she almost died.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but guys, the tip of my nose is.
Speaker 2: Tingling because they have a scoop, or for a reason, they don't have a You wouldn't just smell smelling. It's not called snorting salt. Scooper is to add water to it. Yeah, it's not right. It's you shake it up and then you sniff it. Okay, let's smell it, Mike, you take a whiff. I'm telling you it just when I opened it. No, don't even do it from that. Do it for a bottle and we'll make it stronger. I ain't nothing. Oh my god, and my nose just so sensitive. What happened to you? I was like this, Okay, if you get closer to it, yeah, that was in it. We kind of like what Amy said, It smells like some kind of hair product. Okay, give it back to me. Okay, we're gonna do water.
Speaker 7: Then there's no way that that would wake me up if I got knocked out.
Speaker 2: Oh, that wouldn't help you. Wait minute, it's weaker now than it was when I first opened it. It sounds like nothing now. I got nothing. When I first opened it, it was like what bam? Okay, because the air was trapped in there possibly and then you just let it out. Now, let's do the water. If you guys would have snorted that, you might have snorted, don't no, don't heny. I was just trying to have your back. You want to snort it. I was gonna support you and your decisions. Man. Okay, uh you what are you a told? Let's let's get it ready and then we'll come back.
Speaker 9: It's time for the good news, Bobby.
Speaker 2: All right. There was a Facebook post about a dog that was a band on the side of the road. So this a guy named Dylan McKay who lives in Central Arkansas season and goes over to where it was. It was close to him, and he rescues this injured golden doodle Talloween night. The dog was probably hit by a car, severely injured, obviously scared. It's not good, physically not good. I won't go thro all the details, but McKay and his fiance Emily Roberts, they jump in. The dog has no microchip, and so they take the dog into the hospital surgery. They're about to get married. They take twelve thousand dollars out of their wedding fund. Oh wow, to pay for what yeah, to pay for the dog. So the dog had a successful reconstruction surgery. The dog is now recovering. Someone started to go fund me for the couple and because of this story, which I was already thinking of, man like, I gotta give them something, but they're good. So far over thirty four thousand dollars has been raised. That's amazing to not only help with the dog's medical expenses, because there's still a lot.
Speaker 3: No, it's not profit for the dog as well.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm thinking they just went from chicken to steak.
Speaker 2: No. No, So the dog still costs a lot of money because they only had the surgery. So and hopefully hopefully they'll get money back for their wedding too. But that's that's been the plan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So you guys went right.
Speaker 2: To the like probate wedding. I mean, now they got y Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm like, this dog is gonna be good forever.
Speaker 2: So a big shout out to Dylan McKay and his fiancee Emily Roberts. Who I mean, if you just think about that actual moment when they pull up beside the dogs and hit by a car and they got to grab it and get it to the hospital, that is intense. That's amazing. Good job, guys, that is what it's all about. That was telling me something good. And that is the end of the first half of the podcast.
Speaker 4: This is the end of the.
Speaker 2: First tap of the podcast. Is the end of the first step of the podcast. That is the end. Another first tip of the podcast. You can go to podcast to or you can wait for podcast to come out.