Speaker 1: Welcome to the Solid Verbo hell.
Speaker 2: That for me, I'm a man, I'm forty. I've heard so many players say, well, I want to be happy. You want to be happy for a day at the State.
Speaker 1: Is that woo? Woof? And them and ty Welcome back to the salad Rebel boys and girls. My name is Kai hilden Brandt. You will hear from Dan Rubinstein momentarily because this is an excerpt from College Football Thursdays, the show we do live every Thursday evening five pm East, two pm West. We play games, We talk about a bunch of stuff we don't have an opportunity to get into on our normal Thursday preview episode. In this excerpt, in particular, we talk about the night window in a little bit more detail. I'm thrilled about the night window of games in week ten. We've got Alabama LSU, We've got Notre Dame Clemson. We've even got a weird game between NC State and Wake Forest that I think could be highly entertaining. We accompany this segment with the appropriate amount of Ryan Gosling sound bites, as we want to do here on the Solid Ruble. If you weren't able to make it out this Thursday. Hope you can join us next Thursday again five pm East, two pm West. Enjoy this excerpt from college football Thursdays, and if we don't talk to you beforehand, enjoy Week ten. Stay solid. Let's move on to the nightcap, because I think the nightcap is the most exciting. We don't We only have a one through three ranking. We don't go up to four, do we.
Speaker 2: We can object to object to the object to the object to the object to the.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was improv there from Dan Rubinstein.
Speaker 2: I tried my best. Yeah, I mean, I'm what I'm trying to do, ty is build the excitement, brick by brick. Yeah, when it comes to Ryan Gosling and the Jack Tracker, that's all.
Speaker 1: Late game seven PMSPN Alabama minus thirteen and a half. My voice just goes up with that one too.
Speaker 2: Minus thirteen and a half.
Speaker 1: On the road at LSU, number ten LSU. Now through this new series of playoff rankings, we've also got Clemson minus three and a half on the road at Notre Dame. We've also got Kansas State at home about a two and a half three point dog against the Texas Longhorns. We've also got wake Forest against NC State a battle of six and two teams also got Florida State Miami A lot of big time games in that night cap, Dan.
Speaker 2: Huge, absolutely huge. I think we got a message perhaps on Forbolers dot Com that Rutgers, who's hosting Michigan, has America's worst red zone defense. So if Michigan's not able to move the ball in the red zone into the end zone, then we know something is wrong. So I guess if you're looking at whatever that game twenty four to twenty five, twenty six points spread for Michigan. If it doesn't work out for the Wolverines and Piscataway when they have that opportunity, then it's time to panic if you're a Michigan fan.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Alabama LSU. This is obviously the police, the show piece here of the nightcap. That's a big number, thirteen and a half points. Even as LSU has gotten better, there is still a fair amount of skepticism that their offense the way it is presently constructed, can hang with, can knock off, can whatever. The Alabama crimson tide. Alabama is also not impervious. Alabama has shown vulnerability. They've lost once already their season has been in fits and starts on the road. If you look at what Alabama's done, they've clearly shown some weakness. So I don't know if this is the Alabama of two years ago. It's still a very good, talent laden team. They've got the reigning Heisman winner playing quarterback. They've got a running back in Jamior Gibbs who is incredible. They can use him out of the backfield, whether it's running, whether it's in the passing game. And clearly the defense is pretty good as well. So there's a lot to like on the Alabama side. The question is how good has ls you've gotten over these last couple of weeks, because it feels genuinely like this team is trending in a direction or maybe they don't beat Alabama, but maybe they scare them. This game is in death Valley.
Speaker 2: Dan, Yeah, No, it's that's a big number. It's a number that makes you think that there's almost something ominous at play, whether it's an injury thing or somebody's going to be healthy that we didn't expect to be healthy, That something, even in the shadow of Halloween.
Speaker 1: Is a little bit I don't know.
Speaker 2: I actually really just like Alabama, because I'm not the premise that LSU is a fully realized version of himself or has the roster now, or has the explosive plays or the ability to stop explosive plays on defense, which I can still see LSU players bouncing off of Anthony Richardson. It puts a lot of weight on ole Miss being really strong and what they were able to do after falling behind whatever it was seventeen three, twenty to three and just running it up on them and figuring it out and putting pressure on Jackson Dart. I think the ability to make Jackson Dart beat you is a little bit different than the ability to make Bryce Young beat you and succeed in doing so. And so if you are an enormous believer in ole Miss, then obviously you have to be an enormous believer in LSU and covering this spread. I am not an enormous believer right now in ole Miss able to separate themselves and play four dominant quarters against good teams. So I'm not fully there with LSU. I think LSU is growing, I think they're impressive. I think they're gonna win a lot of games under Brian Kelly, especially if I think it's Walker Howard is their quarterback of the future, especially if he works out. But until that happens, if Alabama and Bryce Young are at least feeling good health wise, I understand this spread. I do because the last team we saw if Alabama is Tennessee ish, which is such a wild thing to say. Now, Tennessee beat lsuy twenty seven in Death Valley, and so certainly if Alabama is on its game and they'll have you know, Tennessee or excuse me, LSU has Alabama's full attention, Alabama can beat them by three touchdowns.
Speaker 1: Let you know in the chat what everyone thinks about this game is a big point spread. We can come back to it TI versus the World here in a few moments if you'd like. But my sense here, just in looking at the way that LSU has played so far this season, LSU does not blitz a whole lot. They're among the fewest in the nation when it comes to blitz us per drop back, and they also play a lot of zone I don't think that for me, that that specific combination is great against the again raiding Heisman Trophy winner in Bryce Young, because We've seen moments this year where he has all day to throw because there's no blitz. You got a team drop in eight because they know he's going to throw it on third and long. When you give him the opportunity and all day to find somebody open, I don't care if Alabama is still trying to figure out who its deep threats are. He will find somebody open or he'll run for the first down. That's what he's good at doing. Even if you do bring some heat on him. He's great at e vating. I mean, he's so good at it. So it's just hard to really upset his timing and upset the rhythm of his game. We've seen it, right, He's not perfect. But I just feel like the way that LSU's played defense so far is not conducive to holding Alabama down long and I really like Alabama against an offense like LSU's, which is really based a lot around Jayden Daniels. Jane Daniels is a nice story. Jane Daniels have a really good year. But I feel like if you give Nick Saban one guy to worry about the quarterback and there isn't even though the receivers have gotten better in the passing game, has been a little bit more downfield. That's still not really the strength of the offense here. I mean it's pretty much flowing through Jade Daniels with his legs, a lot of intermediate stuff. Again, that doesn't feel like a winning formula for me against against Alabama. So I'm with you. I think I go Obama minus the number, even though I'm very uncomfortable doing so. Thirteen and a hals a big freaking number.
Speaker 2: Counterpoint, if you tell Nick Saban, you only have to worry about Swag Kelly or Johnny Manziel or Deshaun Watson. He still struggles sometimes, well he struggles.
Speaker 1: You know. Deshaun Watson had a big guy who go up and get a fifty to fifty ball, Shawnnie Manzel had Mike Evans. Like, yeah, LSU clearly has talent out wide, but they're just not stretching the field in that quality. They just haven't done it so far this year. Maybe they will this game, Maybe they well, I don't know, but let us know in the chat way, you think here's a big number very quickly some other games to mention. Let me come back to the Clemson Notre Dame one. We're gonna get to that one in Ti versus the world here in a few minutes. Texas Kansas State. You kind of think this is a no brainer. You're all in on k State here.
Speaker 2: I'm in on K State. Texas coming off of a bye is at least a little bit concerning to me. I'm just not sure what there is to bank on if we believe Kansas State to be a good team. And you know, Cloma State was beat up. Spencer Sanders is clearly hurt on some level. What Texas has done this year is impressively lost to a team. Like I just I need more from Texas, and you're hearing about, you know, still more players only meetings, and I don't just there's something about Texas that I don't trust. With even like a twenty eight to thirteen lead in the second half, I'm like, well, they can just stop against a good team. They've done it before and they probably will again. I think they're improving, They're especially improving on defense, but I don't know, I still don't have the trust in Texas for four quarters and a lot of and I don't like to say this, A lot of what people put on Quinn yours as look at.
Speaker 1: This guy, and this guy's the guy?
Speaker 2: Is he like the best of him? Is the best of him? Absolutely can make incredible winning throws against very good, if not excellent teams. What does his seventh best pass look like in any given game? What is his eleventh best pass look like in any given game? That's what worries me about Texas on the road in a weird place to play in a big spot. So yeah, I'm not there.