Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Heckma Harrison de Montrey Moore, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 1: That is lounge. That's right.
Speaker 4: O T A season that stands for organized team activities, the volunteer porshit.
Speaker 1: This is the great Darren Hambrick. What said, what do voluntary mean?
Speaker 5: What do that mean?
Speaker 4: What do voluntary mean? Well, it's voluntary. They volunteer. You come on out here so they will have practice later on today Brian Schottenheimer will talk.
Speaker 6: There will be locker room, so I will dive into the open locker room today.
Speaker 4: Barry Church is here, the college graduate, fresh from a and m.
Speaker 5: Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Here Harrison is in the building.
Speaker 4: Harrison got a degree long time ago, long time man lenen on to day.
Speaker 5: Hanging out. That's mister smooth guy out.
Speaker 1: There, blink. I love it.
Speaker 6: We didn't talk about this like that, but we're not fresh off now.
Speaker 5: But like Church a dreaming about there, dreaming about.
Speaker 6: It was a gift How was the wine? How was the blind awesome? So what did you try? Like, what's tell me? You got to go through the I'm not a big cab guy. For those who you know, drink wine, not on my I don't really like that. I think it's too heavy. So I'm more of a you know they called Marlowe or there was a lighter wines, fruitier wines. They they kind of drinking thing. But you know, it was fun. It was fun with a couple different winderies. Got to see my boy Lee out there as well.
Speaker 7: It had a couple of pinos on there to.
Speaker 1: Go over there near Clint Eastwood spot. Which one was Who's Clinton was? He's got He's got like a bad and breakfast over there. I didn't go to that one. Check it out? Oh what's that? Matter of fact? Your boy was out there, Dusty old Dusty Baker was out there. Dusty from out there. I didn't know he was from. Yeah, I seen anyone out there? Managed Giants SI, Yeah, yeah, we have some flip flops.
Speaker 5: He was chilling.
Speaker 4: Dusty Bake, former former major league manager, former you know, baseball player, Dusty Baker tells amazing stories He played with Hank Aaron when he hit the seven fifteen home run, and then of course he played on those great Dodgers teams out there won the eighty one World Series. You know, amazing guy. I was fortunate enough to be there for Dusty's last game as a manager. It was a game seven al see us between the Rangers and about Dusty.
Speaker 1: Tails of me.
Speaker 4: If you ever get just just storyteller, Bro, just sit down, actually take your phone, just man, talk to that.
Speaker 1: I wish I could. I said, what's something and gave me a little Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 6: I wish I could have talked on are you a seasonal guy with your wines? You like summertime you go more towards like right now, like winter, no matter winter, I stick right okay here, like right now laying that like fruity Rose is type Bro, Like a lot of people in the summertime switch to rose and then darks in the winter and like, yeah, man, I've already I tried to put you down with a few things.
Speaker 1: Man, happened when you left the Cowboys. You got that bad froom shot.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm saying. I remember back in the day, classic local type of guy, back in the night.
Speaker 1: Like Biggie small slide limit you.
Speaker 5: Know, you know better, you do better? Ain't right now? Money out live well that man.
Speaker 1: So when we last left this podcast the whole year, oh my god, scene of the crime spicy. Yeah.
Speaker 6: From now, from now on the rest of twenty five, you will be known as t w C.
Speaker 1: And that ain't time wer Cable ten win Church.
Speaker 6: Ten wins mab y'all say and listening him whens.
Speaker 7: It's not as far as that as you think. I'm just like you. Look at the schedule, the buzz.
Speaker 5: That's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see here we go.
Speaker 7: Don't put it. Don't put me down for it. I said, it's not a drinking drinking the cool.
Speaker 1: That new batches out, baby, check let me check.
Speaker 5: Your I'm good, I'm good, I'm great.
Speaker 1: Church, I said, I said, batches out man.
Speaker 6: I'll let you know a training camp. So you at ten no, no, no, no, he's at ten. Yeah, my guy to making the playoffs as the seventh seed. I just need to know what heckman, now you know that, but are you at your Here's I've already said, and none of this can go into the book of integrity.
Speaker 5: We already people that just came out.
Speaker 7: Hold up, you know how twelve o'clock at night you're sitting there if you took a misstell philli.
Speaker 5: Call away like.
Speaker 6: See this is this is let me let me bring you up the speed on the player's lounge. And here's the deal.
Speaker 5: Here he go. He always tried to big doll. Somebody's see. That's that's what I'm not doing.
Speaker 6: But I'm what I'm I'm making sure that you don't ever get caught up in is the book of integrity. And this is all premature, right, And so we're talking about before the when we get the camp, that's when we go to the solid numbers.
Speaker 1: Don't get caught up on this because something could change.
Speaker 6: In between now and then. So this is all preliminary. Last year I called it ladd you did you did? You did tell you?
Speaker 1: This is this? So that possible. That is why I am eleven.
Speaker 5: Eleven. I'm telling you, y'all.
Speaker 8: I'm I'm telling you man, it's that's what that pruity wine he came back from.
Speaker 7: Definitely bring me some more wine. You gonna naple you with the inglewood. Yeah, smish my liquor. You ain't got no smish, told Josh.
Speaker 4: So heck, ma tray, Heckman is actually doing you a public service. He's trying to tell you what it is.
Speaker 1: Now. I'm not writing it down, but I know, I know this man.
Speaker 4: This man, Yes, he's he's going to stand on his business. He got the double nickel.
Speaker 1: Okay. I'm just trying to see are you all going to follow him? I've always been the leader back in the always no one who will because.
Speaker 5: We got that thing.
Speaker 1: It's usually the other way around.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to get passengers on this ship, and everybody standing there shot like aregation right off the plane.
Speaker 1: So far last year.
Speaker 4: Heck, but I see you trying to not go.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: He hit what you call that? What you call that growth at coming, that's growth, right? I got the Linden. I didn't he just super Bowl? He did super Bowl?
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 1: Know you're just doing it, George Book, pull me one. Shame on you for me to.
Speaker 6: Say he did not coming off for twelve and five season. Yes, I did try to make it.
Speaker 1: Yes I did.
Speaker 5: Yes, coming off twelve.
Speaker 6: I want to coming off of twelve and five, Yes I did. I want to give heck my credit. He had half the Super Bowl straight. It was Kansas City who did come out to get that? Right, that's like saying that.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Man, he had half.
Speaker 4: It was Kansas City and the Cowboys, and he had Kansas City winning. So but he had half the Super Bowl. So that's where he's coming back. He's coming back.
Speaker 7: He's trying to He threw the big target target Church.
Speaker 4: Church went doing that chum in the water and he was just looking at I just know.
Speaker 6: So Pro Football Focus O, my god, O PF.
Speaker 1: Get them right, you know, setting this up, setting it up.
Speaker 5: This must be nice, giving away. He's setting this table.
Speaker 4: So so Church has got ten wins and you talked about the schedule, so based off just just last year. You know, if we're thinking about division rankings, okay, who would we say would be the number one division coming into this season?
Speaker 1: NFC? Yeah and I got it, yeah this season?
Speaker 4: Okay, well, Pro Football Focus has the n f C East as number five?
Speaker 1: What number five?
Speaker 5: So one more time, you forgot about who do you.
Speaker 4: Think is the number one ranked division coming in this year?
Speaker 7: Number one, number one, number two West, number two, number two, number two, three playoff teams?
Speaker 1: Are you talking about number one? Number one in the n f C? North Lions, Vikings, Packers, Bears. They did have three as well.
Speaker 5: They had three, So.
Speaker 4: The number one and number two divisions are who the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Are facing this year. That's true. That's yes, yes, yes, that is the number one. That's what.
Speaker 5: Las Vegas and there hold on, hold on.
Speaker 1: They did make some changes.
Speaker 5: Back then.
Speaker 4: The Bears got a new coach and they're old coaches. The defensive here, just the fact.
Speaker 5: That boy knew he keep a little pocket rocket.
Speaker 6: By division Pro Football focus ring NFC North one, a f C West two, NFC East, I mean NFC West three, a f C North four, NFC East five.
Speaker 4: So that's their top five right there. And the Cowboys, I mean, you think about some of.
Speaker 1: These games here a lot.
Speaker 5: I know they got the Vikings though there.
Speaker 4: So, so the Vikings is an NBC game, the Eagles is an NBC game, and the other NBC game they've got on here is Green Bay. So a lot of the games are prime time. The Chiefs game that's Thanksgiving game, Commander's game that's the Christmas Day game. There's some interesting things that go back to the schedule too. Of so you get Philadelphia at home on November twenty third, but you turn around four days later you face the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 1: That's two physical football games.
Speaker 4: Then after that you gotta go to Detroit at home against Minnesota on NBC.
Speaker 1: Then your next game is the Chargers at.
Speaker 4: Home, followed by four days going to Washington on Christmas Day. This is a really interesting schedule coming from November going.
Speaker 1: All the way to Christmas Day.
Speaker 4: It is hard, it's a challenge, but Church is still sitting here with the ten wins despite me just throwing these facts out to you.
Speaker 1: Gotta rack them up early. I gotta rack them up early.
Speaker 7: They got they got a tough partner, Like like you mentioned, they got a tough partner, but they gotta rack them up early. You know, you look at these early games in there. Yeah, Phitely gonna be tough, that's gonna be. But you got the Giants, you got the Bears in there as well. Green Bay are we you know he's been up and down playoffs exactly two years ago. Oh that's two years Jordan's been.
Speaker 5: He's been a roller up.
Speaker 1: Last year was here a good court?
Speaker 5: Was he was?
Speaker 1: He? He was alright?
Speaker 5: He was better than Jets.
Speaker 1: Know that.
Speaker 6: I take that. Jets, Panthers Panthers. Yeah, and command Commanders, right, and then Broncos.
Speaker 7: And then don't don't any of you take the Broncho quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: You know that sophomore hold on.
Speaker 7: Hold on, hold on, He's is gonna skip past that. Like the Broncos didn't make some noise this year they.
Speaker 5: Had that rookie quarterback.
Speaker 6: I mean, show that the commanders man, and so we're gonna go back to one that Gnco team.
Speaker 1: And then I got away quarterback.
Speaker 7: You're talking about that guy that Jerry says is the one that got away that's down there Courtland suddenly, so.
Speaker 6: Are you putting are you putting everything in the basket for Denver? For the Denver Broncos. That's I'm not saying that. But the way you just smoothed over that like it was butter, I'm talking we.
Speaker 1: Swooped over the New Jets. That was the problem.
Speaker 6: What about what about the Panther different that's completely different Panther game.
Speaker 1: Don't don't we jump right over the pan Panther game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're talking to about somebody that actually had steamlass.
Speaker 6: My whole thing is, even from the beginning of the season, preseason, is this team jeling for ten wins to happen. The jailing process is going to have to be crazy like the offense. Obviously, we're still in the same position were talking about Shoddy's offense. We don't know, we think a variation of what Mike ran. But then defensively is where my biggest questions are. And you're the person like you played for you have the answers on what his defense could possibly be.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be here with this, So what excuse me?
Speaker 5: He loves he loves us more than he loves them.
Speaker 6: So so you should probably whatever you got on your should whatever you got on your shoulder right now taking it, put it down because I had no idea that you played for evil flu So.
Speaker 1: Ye, so you tell me defense. So what kind of defense is? You know?
Speaker 7: And tell us is the fact guy. You're the you're the passion in it guy. So I'm gonna bring some facts with you. Yes, I am here and everybody knows that. And he was off or listen that he loves the D line. It is predicated on the D line, that front, that front seven.
Speaker 6: You know you play, okay, So what you to do is write down how many defensive coordinators you played for? So I could preface my statements before you know that I don't want to ever be out of bound z On he include.
Speaker 7: You that when you play twelve years professional football, I'm trying to have some people up in like I like that.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, though, I got my bulletproof vests.
Speaker 1: I'm good given the shack. Sorry, was it familiar with your game?
Speaker 7: I think I'm like fifty seven bulletproof vests. Baby, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: So, Ibra defense, you gotta have a good front seven.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: And so with the moves that were made in the off season, how comfortable are you with him developing this defense? Because we saw what Zimmer had last year, which was limited limited to three instead of miss the unlimited. We got three tools, that's it. So what is Evira Flus walk into with this defense? That's gonna get you to little a little.
Speaker 1: Worries because that that second level, that linebacking corps, we don't know. We don't know right now.
Speaker 6: And when you look at it, Ebra Flu's defense from when he was in Dallas he had you know, the Shawn Lee's and then Chicago he was early with Rokwan Smith and Indianapolis he had he always had those guys at quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yes, I heard that quarterback on that second level.
Speaker 6: That's like, okay, I'm gonna get the D line right secondary, y'all just fit where y'all need y'all had. He had erasers if somebody messed up on the defensive line, he had linebackers that were able to erase that.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm not so sure yet. You know, we got injuries with the over shown. You got young guys in there, so it's gonna be tough. But I still got a maintain leans though. All right, he still got a mantain when we come back, come on down.
Speaker 1: Got a lot a lot that need of the I'm just trying to.
Speaker 7: Is he going to come through with the next year. That's the different thing needs and wants. Guds and butters. Baby, get that running.
Speaker 1: Game edition of Hope. I'm on.
Speaker 4: The one player, the one player that you need to see something from.
Speaker 1: Who is it talking about it?
Speaker 5: Thanks, go to break so I can talk to him.
Speaker 1: Brought to my Aristocrat game Cowboys bats Hey, their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 9: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gamb l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 2: Dallas Cowboys Game Day is brought to you by Captain Morgan, the official Spiced ram of the NFL. The NFL season is full of legendary tales on and off the field, and when you follow the Captain within you stories become stuff of legends. So gather your crew and visit follow the Captain dot com to begin your adventure. Please drink responsibly. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum thirty five percent alcohol by volume. Captain Morgan Rum Company, New York, New York.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Jack Black and Right.
Speaker 9: Now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order.
Speaker 5: Plus.
Speaker 9: Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's Getjack Black dot com Slash.
Speaker 1: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: Raising Caines presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited.
Speaker 1: Rule twelve, no.
Speaker 10: Crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Canes when it comes to winning game day. Caines rules Raising Canes Chicken Fingers One love, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the players Lounge.
Speaker 1: I want the next one Cowboy Nation.
Speaker 6: The twenty twenty five Dallas Cowboys schedule is officially here and limited tickets are available.
Speaker 1: Now. Get ready to bring the.
Speaker 6: Noise to watch your Dallas Cowboys live at and T Stadium when they host the NFC rivals.
Speaker 1: Boo Eagles.
Speaker 6: That's not in the read Giants and Commanders plus the Packers, Chiefs, Chargers, Vikings, and Cardinals. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot com, slash tickets or seat geek dot com, the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Kyler Murray. Kyler Murray is coming back to call of duty. Jerry World, he does not.
Speaker 5: Wright for that.
Speaker 1: November. One of my doves Monday Night. That's one of my tens to keep on acting like Arizona can't do that work. But they've done that. We've got that work in Arizona.
Speaker 4: Could you say, Johnny, when seventeen seventeen, twenty seventeen, Andy not beating the Arizona.
Speaker 6: Answer, that's a long time. Is it's a long Time's a tough schedule. Listen back to back losses, Hey, these come three losses in a row. It starts in November, and where you're counting is from November all the way down.
Speaker 1: I mean you started November twenty third.
Speaker 7: Yeah, get them Offy Beery. Y'all know what it is. They bring in the fat hand filling show emotion.
Speaker 6: So when we talk about ten eleven, that means you need to have an extraordinary amount of uh things go correct, Because ten wins in this league, that's hard.
Speaker 1: It's hard to do. Who is the one player you need to see something from this year, especially if you're trying to get to ten wins? Ten wins? Right, who's one guy I got.
Speaker 6: If you don't mind my brother, I got two seed and I'm going on the office side of the football because I feel like that's gonna have to be the catalyst for this team this year. Is the offense is gonna have to do some big things, especially with how young the defense is, some guys in the secondary coming off injury. So my two guys that are going to have to perform at a high level, I believe one is, of course, Dak Prescott. I mean he's got to go out there. He's the quarterback, the most important piece of the puzzle. All Right, you got George Pickens out there, he got Seed, Lamb. You're gonna have to figure out a way to orchestrate and get those guys the ball and get as much as you can out of this offense. But also Jake Ferguson, I feel like he's gonna have to his game up as well.
Speaker 7: He's gonna have because when you look at it, when you look at it, y'all laughed at when you look at it, and his team was balling offensively.
Speaker 1: And Jake ferg had what ten touchdowns? He was a red zone animal.
Speaker 6: And this was one of the best offenses international Football League when you had those two wide receivers on the house side and the tight end being able to work in the middle.
Speaker 1: What happened to that last year? He did not.
Speaker 7: He wasn't able to work right and all you had was Ceede Lamb and the babies. So if you get a guy and Jake Ferguson, we know George Picktt's gonna want the ball out there, but if ferd can work on these linebacker he's gonna get a lot of one on ones with linebackers and safeties. If he can take advantage of that getting those seams, I'm telling you're gonna have a second guy. It was Dak and then Jake back and Ja Py Attention, man, I am loosen.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying, I just I just felt like I didn't know you was gonna pick Dak as the guy that you wanted, just coming off of the injury and coming off of the I mean he got.
Speaker 5: I mean, he gotta do it.
Speaker 7: I respect it, though I respect the first one, the Ferguson one, I respect it more now that you explained it. But off guard man what he said, I'm gonna put my foot in this thing. I need to see something from thirteen George Pickens and oh, we know what we're gonna get with CD Lamb. We know that Dak is gonna be He's gonna have that moment to where he's just gonna be cooking. But then there's gonna be that moment where you're looking at Dak like, oh, you say, hey, you can't do it because he doesn't have the weapons. Well, now that he has the weapons, I feel like it's gonna this offense is gonna be predicated.
Speaker 5: Off of George, Like, yes, we know who our stars are going to be.
Speaker 7: But if he can come in and be not robbing, but I'm talking about being night wing, that evolved version of him, Oh you might have something special over there. And when that office is really cooking, You had the das Bryns, you had a teadub that was quote unquote people wasn't expecting that stuff to right there behind him. You had that great number two. So I'm gonna challenge him and I need to see something from him. And if he's good, you can make anything happen with that running back court back there, and then that's naturally gonna make Dak evolve into the guy that everybody is saying that he's gonna to be. And then my second guy is gonna be oh uh osa is gonna be the guys that you need to see something from him. I think back in my time when I was playing here in ibra Flus's defense while you're pointing at me, you had a guy like Tyrone Crawford that was in there and that held it down, like Marcus Lawrence was the name, and people see Marcus Lawrence was the guy, and people said, oh, he's the name and he's the rock rock guy. You're gonna have that in Michael Parson. But Tyron Carford did not get the credit that he did. He was the most selfless player. But he can play every position on that and he knew what d law was good at and he told him what to do. But also he was controlling the other side over there. D Moore, you do this over here, you do that, You're gonna have a young guy that's coming over there, second round, pick all over there. That's gonna need somebody to lead. And if you can have Michael doing what he did, living up to that money, also living up to that money that he's getting paid, that's what's gonna allow those linebackers. We don't need a ruck corn Smith, you don't need those big name guy. But in this defense, when you caused that penetration, it starts with those front fourd You'll turn somebody into nobody from there. So I'm gonna challenge him, and that's where I need to see something from for these guys to take that next step on.
Speaker 6: Y'all took my guys, but it's okay, gonna I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go Bbie in the middle my email. And the reason I say that is because of the guy that you just mentioned. Dak has to be better, and I think it starts in the middle of this offensive line. Dak had a lot of pressure sitting in his lap. You had a guy that was coming in that was all American at guard at Kansas State that switched positions to center, and now he's learning on the fly and there's a ton of pressure on him. Dak Prescott in the middle of the field and also being attacked left tackle. I mean without being said, And the thing is, you know that he has to be better, But I think that the center position can be one, especially with your rookie that can absolutely help this guy and Tyler Smith to the left of it. You just have to be better, especially for this running game to flourish. Also, I'm gonna on the other side to the defense. Time proof and consistency doesn't give me anything to trust this guy. But I'm telling you, Manzi has to be better.
Speaker 1: He just has to.
Speaker 6: He has to be better in the middle of this defense if Ebon Flus is gonna have any success showing up the defensive line, as you guys talked about it, but in the middle of this defense is where the Cowboys have been weakest for so long and being pushed around. I don't get Solomon Thomas, whatever he has in the gas tank. Obviously he looks good out on the field, but if you don't have a guy in the middle of this defense that can control the line of scrimmage, you're still going to be dealing with the same thing. God's on skates and running back fifteen yards up the field.
Speaker 5: You play with Solomon yep, I was like.
Speaker 1: I was sing Tarzan play like or was he just like?
Speaker 5: No, salid Is.
Speaker 7: Said, that's what we call he wasn't. He wasn't the targe in that play like Jane Solid Salem went, I don't know, I never played with it. No, Solomon Solomon was a dog like. He is a true competitor, and I think he's one of those people. You know how some guys like when they get around those other players, like they naturally elevate, like you had no choice but to be a dog like he.
Speaker 5: People thought he was going to be this guy. But when he became he wasn't batman.
Speaker 7: He was robbing and once he had the forest Buckner over there, who Eric Arnstead that was in there, like those dogs around him, it naturally made him elevate his game.
Speaker 5: He was naturally strong, He was a competitor. He didn't shy away from hidding it.
Speaker 7: So the only thing that if I had to be very critical of his game is just him being undersized.
Speaker 5: That is the only thing.
Speaker 7: But if he gets a little rocks in his pocket, you're talking about phenomenal get off striking ability is going to be there. Hand placement is going to be there now, it's just at the point of contact where you're going to go.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you, this is fast a defensive lineman that has gotten to ten years in his career. What changes about a guy like that or when at that point in your career where it's like, Okay, I can't rely on some of my God given abilities anymore because you know, obviously guys are younger and just as strong.
Speaker 5: I would say for.
Speaker 7: Me, it would be becoming more of a student game. Later in my career it was like, okay, yes, I got the fastest get off. I helped that on to that, but it was like what am I going to do after that? I got to start getting back to the basis, getting my handwork right, figuring out those little nuanced and just like getting technically sound Like once you start getting to the end of your career, you know, like hey, I've been in here for a while, Like hey, I'm not the starter or this and that, Like what do I got?
Speaker 9: This?
Speaker 5: My a one in the hole?
Speaker 7: And then from there can I get me a counter that comes off of that? So you become a technician of the game. And I think Sally going back to him. That is his big His best attribute is he is one of the smartest i Q football IQ persons that I know.
Speaker 5: So, Tarzan, we didn't see we just seen a few of those. You brought me back the flashback.
Speaker 1: Tell you what, man, a lot of goodness.
Speaker 4: If you cannot have solid play at left tackle in the National Football League, good luck trying to win ten games five games.
Speaker 1: It's hard. It's hard.
Speaker 4: And the Cowboys do not have a left tackle right now that we could say we trust, trust, which means time, proof and consistency.
Speaker 6: There's nobody at the left tackle right now. One of the things I'll be interested today and I want to ask Brian Schottenheimer is where do you where's your comfort.
Speaker 4: Level with the left tackle? What's going on? Obviously got Tyler Geiitten who you took last year?
Speaker 6: We said before that, guys, you know that first second year is the toughest adjustment you make, and that's where you can't get to make the most improvement.
Speaker 1: So where is he? Where's Austin Richards And what is that room.
Speaker 6: Looking like when we talk about the left tackle for the Dallas Cowboys, Because if that's not fixed, Dak Prescott can't go do his thing.
Speaker 1: George Pickens won't be able to do football the way he wants to.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's so many things have to happen at the left tackle position, and then you start thinking about, oh, here the Eagles on the schedule, Oh here, the Lions, you know, here, the Chargers, here, the Commanders. I mean, you know there's some teams right here. Who got some folks on defense?
Speaker 5: I heard was interior monsters. I'm the juggernaut that goes back to your boy.
Speaker 1: So we start talking to the giants.
Speaker 4: So you start talking about this football team, if if that, if it's lookout Dak, it's a problem.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be issue. It's a problem.
Speaker 4: And if your left tackle still needs help, then if your left tackles need help, if somebody's got to stay in the chip here, then okay, that's one less guy is going to be out there in a route. So to me, a whole lot of this is going to be predicated on what happens at the left tackle position. So I need to see something from Tyler Geting. And if Tyler Goyton is not it, then I need to see also Richard step up here and take the position because.
Speaker 1: To me, if they can't get that right, so much of what you want to do is going to be problematic. I wonder if it's gonna be a competition or if it's going to be the first round. But that's what you know, how it go, Liken, get.
Speaker 5: That first round is gonna get a little bit of leeway.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but when that pressure is on you, especially for a new head coach, like you ain't not granted this is one of those organizations to where it's like, hey, you got to listen to.
Speaker 5: All the rules and all the facts.
Speaker 7: But there are certain organizations that are first year that are trying to come in and you're trying to win, Like yeah, like if you didn't show that, if you didn't show you was a lockdown first round of that next year. Especially nowadays, in these last few years, it's not the early two thousands when we was playing where you said first rounded, you get three years to try what we find it far more often now that a lot of first rounders, fifty year options are not being picked up and they're talking about this in their second year, the third year, like don't even think about the fifth year. Oh, we're gonna let them test free agency, So I don't think that loyalty is going to be there. And then on top of that, with the Cowboys having that demand on theirself, you know, you want to prove that Dak Prescott is your guy, paying him that money, like paying all these people up and getting these people right like the time is now for Michael Parsons, all these people. You got people coming up. You have to win right now. So if you going there with that philosophy, this is not a rebuilding year. What'd you say, last nail after your rebuilding year, that's where you're supposed to that second year you're supposed to make that jump.
Speaker 5: Well, to make that jump, you have to put that pressure competition.
Speaker 6: What I've loved about the Brian Schottenheimer press conferences is when he talks about competition and setting up competition at every position. There's no giving and you guys know better than obviously the first round draft picks will get the lion's share of the first team reps. But at the same time, going back to the left tackle, guys like Austin Richards, if they make the step and everybody that's out there training camp can see like wait a minute, you know this is the guy for the job. Will Brian Schottenheimer do what's right for the team and say, I don't care where you got picked, I don't care what your pay grade is. You're hurting this team and we can't run you out there if we know you're the weakest link on this offensive line.
Speaker 7: And I'm gonna add in with that with the people that I'm talking to that's been around him in Seattle, they said that he's always had that competitive mindset, the people that's been here, Like, I'm interested to see if there my sources are going to prove me right with saying that he has that Seattle mindset he's learned from coach Carroll, who said, hey, competition breathes excellency, Like is he going to bring that in there, like you're see him with the ping pong table and bringing those things in like everything, Like I'm telling y'all like it's a method to the madness, Like there's gonna be competition, like who can eat their food? The fact, who can do this? Like who's stepped in there that Friday competition? And I want to know if he's going to make that correlation onto the field. And I'm hoping that he does and if he does, you're gonna see a new energy to where it's like, yo, I ain't trying to do what everybody else did here. I'm not trying to take on somebody else's scheme. And this is where all the answers are going to be answering in the training camp. Are you implementing the old Mike McCarthy's scheme or are you really doing your own thing? And if he's doing his own thing, I guarantee you he's not about to sit there and live by a first round pick not his and it ain't his first round pick. Remember that it's not his first round pick.
Speaker 1: When we come back.
Speaker 4: Defense, Cowboys are now on their third straight defensive coordinator. That means a third straight guy with different visions and concepts. What do we expecting here? As they go win ten games?
Speaker 1: Very win win? Do that next on the playoffs?
Speaker 4: Lounes brought to you by Aristocrack Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 6: Tell me, how do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti store? Letter Rip Troy?
Speaker 11: All right, folks, doesn't get started with the Yeddy French Press and Jeorgkalby. This day's hot for hours and French Press thirty fours for U six four with the cruise of Yetty French Press. What mixed waterproof bags, bags and waterproofs and where's waterproof devils? Waterprove bag bags forts most of the waters To get a waterproove Yetti bag gonta smell something, cooking pot new cast iron skillets made to be passed down like Mama's recipes. Take a steak, cornback, commerce, pot pie and potatoes next over with three sizes of the Yetty cast iron Skillers.
Speaker 5: Gear gifts and product experts.
Speaker 12: Visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square.
Speaker 13: Today life is a workout. Smoothie King is here to help you power through, whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over.
Speaker 1: That scary bridge.
Speaker 13: Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery. With forty five grams of protein, zero grams of adage sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 1: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 9: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy Lipbam. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 1: Hey, Cowboy fans.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win slides for the first down. Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto With blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 1: Perfick throw my goodness, wow, did he ever thread the day.
Speaker 12: To visit the Blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: To the players loud.
Speaker 7: This summer, step onto the field with the Dallas Cowboys using Football Camp. Dancing Camp presents the installin. Athletes of all skill levels ages six to sixteen are invited to learn from the former NFL players in the Dallas Cowboys Chiller at Ford Center at the Star in Frisco. Campers have a chance to learn technical skills lesson teamwork. Visit to Dallas Cowboys dot com slash camps learn more.
Speaker 1: Resent the well present that was in visil line. But it's okay. It's okay, man, y'all.
Speaker 3: I was good.
Speaker 5: Heck over there gonna adapt me. But right I didn't see that. It be your Oh man, it's your hate. You guys. If y'all go, if you if you read what do you mean? I didn't you said? He said read this right here said.
Speaker 1: Don't put that on him. You read that? That's okay? Why did you start singing? Agricultural leadership degree in effect?
Speaker 5: Right there?
Speaker 6: Say man man cat for man cappoul great already. But y'all that don't know that this is he told this is the players the reason why to chow you by that game.
Speaker 5: Man, you hating me? This is what's going on, y'all. Don't feel sad.
Speaker 6: Y'all crazy at the fact that elite had that.
Speaker 5: He just had to reach that part. Man, your own ladies.
Speaker 1: And elite elite. This is too You know what color elite to It's color? Is that hat burnt orange?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 1: That's not it's matching the whole out hooking you see it, look him back. It's all the visiligned.
Speaker 5: Elite, y'all. I'm not about to do this. Hey see me.
Speaker 1: Next we go.
Speaker 5: Let's go to the next day.
Speaker 1: Y'all leave. You got here late, but you leave, oh leave early?
Speaker 5: Boys all gas, no breaks, man, you.
Speaker 6: Know you gotta be sweat butterfly in the sky. Come on, man, let's do this. Let's do this. Think about the reads many very like this when he yeah, we heard about I had to hear about that for about two Is this the players?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: Anybody can't get it. You can't wear your heart on your walking here.
Speaker 6: What you call.
Speaker 1: Clip that? You called it whistling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm trying to go.
Speaker 14: You should ask somebody. Come on, we gotta do another second, all.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, boys, out of packing. It's all good. It's all good man. It shot guy.
Speaker 6: Who's the super he y'all, y'all never seen that meme where he was like a spell fat and then s a t and did he say and then put it together what I say?
Speaker 5: Fat her?
Speaker 1: Alright? So al right, so yeah, yeah, yeah, the third straight defensive coordinator.
Speaker 5: And here we go.
Speaker 1: Yes, Matt ball ahead people, uh and Trey, you played for him, so you know your guys ahead.
Speaker 5: I got hair, and y'all don't this.
Speaker 1: This is the hair envy. Yes, I have hairs just invigiling, like John, see that I can't see it. Trey, you don't want to do this.
Speaker 6: You know you really don't want to do this on the players like we are we going we experience like we experience.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, no, okay, bro, we you know it's just your turn.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 1: You walked into it. I knew you should have touched them. Read okay, I was.
Speaker 6: I was, you's gonna come like he's feeling good, that got college degree, thought she was gonna be good.
Speaker 5: Read this hard, brother.
Speaker 1: I tell people all the time, man and reads.
Speaker 6: When they said it sounded good, I just reading the teleprompt. I tell people, why do it yet?
Speaker 5: I can't. I've done it the NFL.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 6: You know what, man, No, we're not. We're not gonna get straight on. It's gonna end it right here. We got we got two minutes left.
Speaker 1: We're gonna leave on this. This is a good cash.
Speaker 5: You can drop the bombs at the end. We're gonna the Cowboys got practiced today.
Speaker 1: They got practice. I'll be out there, go watch.
Speaker 5: We're all gonna go watch. It's my better watching than I am. A readers.
Speaker 1: Reading is fundamental reading. It's fun.
Speaker 5: Make the joke on myself.
Speaker 1: Yea married church. It was good to see you, MANE appreciate.
Speaker 5: Gig them, but like the toe was like.
Speaker 1: Like, ain't knowing. Good to see you, Hackma. This was fun, Yes it is. This was fun. It's fun.
Speaker 6: Chris Bean, Josh, thank you for for all the great content today. This has been the Players Launch, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming.
Speaker 1: I New Inspects. It will talk to you tomorrow right.
Speaker 5: Here, y'all gotta give me endorsement.
Speaker 1: That's the only reason why I get it right.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.