Speaker 1: Start up Up, Start Up. Brooklyn Boys, start up, Brooklyn Boys, start up, up Up. They making noise that up start up und dot up.
Speaker 2: Episode three h five The Brooklyn Boys Podcast, Dolly, What's up? Is this the PI episode? I mean when you haven't planned anything to commemorate the occasion. But that's okay.
Speaker 3: Well, so I'll be missed three o five. You can be missus three or five? What do you want to be?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I mean you know, no, I give you mister worldwide. Okay, you can be mister worldwide. You can be missed three five. Yeah. You travel all the time, so you meet mister worldwide. Yeah. I'm about to travel again too, trying to get another serious another vacation trip. Yeah no, oh, that's part one, which I still haven't come to terms with where I'm gonna go. But part two of the trip is I'm going to Jamaica with with with Robin. We're going on nice Yeah, we're going to Sandals, sandals, uh dunge river going in.
Speaker 3: Yes, we talked about this. If you're gonna wear you're gonna wear socks with your sandals and you said no. Rist we went to Rios on a party plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 4: Beaches Beaches Bosco Bell also owned by Sandals.
Speaker 3: Right, didn't we go with Evan and Jarrin and Dream Yeah and Third Eye Blind.
Speaker 4: I feel like that was the trip to two thousand and two.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was Jamaica, right, Yeah, that was Jamaica of course, right, and we we liked we liked Evan, we didn't like Jaren, That's what we realized. Yeah, Evan was more fun. One hit Wonders and Keikos. Yeah, I don't know what you're saying. We went to Rios at some point one of our trips.
Speaker 4: That was a whole other that was a whole other trips.
Speaker 2: Wasn't sand I.
Speaker 3: Wasn't in Bacha mal or whatever cheese is. Yeah, I wasn't there. That was a trip I wasn't part of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So anyway, post.
Speaker 4: Me post the post you so listen, I guess, Uh.
Speaker 2: First of all, if you're waiting for your T shirt or your tank top, b be uh be patient. Brody and I have them here at my house, and Brody now just has to find some time to come to my house and sign them.
Speaker 4: The pressure's on neck the balls in Brody's court the next time.
Speaker 3: By the way, the box is coming to my house and you got you can come here. Oh really yeah, okay, yeah, there's nobody here in the afternoon, so you can come over here and we can take care of the shirts. Also, uh, people have been messaging me saying I ordered the shirts. You know, two weeks ago, they still haven't shipped. You're not going to get an alert that they shipped because they all shipped the Scary's house, his apartment, so there is not going to be a your shirt shipped.
Speaker 2: They all shipped. Now we have to just go sign everything. Yeah, as soon as the two of us can get together on a signing date, which should be in the very near future. Yep, hopefully before I leave for vacation, we'll send those out to you.
Speaker 3: Also, merch Matt told me that he didn't put the shirts in the bags this time, to save you the step of opening the bags properly and taking the shirts out of the bags.
Speaker 2: One lass step. Appreciate you, Matt. We'll see how anal you are with putting them in the bag. Yeah, okay, we'll see.
Speaker 3: By the way, I have to tell you, since I moved sold the house, moved into the townhouse here, I have this little studio room that has a couch in it, right, it's the same. So when when when we lived in the house, I had a small bedroom with the same couch in it, and whenever I would go into that room in the podcast, the dogs would all come in and jump on the couch and watch me do the podcast. But it was on the same floor as the other bedrooms. Well, now that this is downstairs, just one little room where I do the podcast from, I have to tell the dogs that were going downstairs because it's you know, a flight of stairs down and then in the entrance way there's a door and that's where this room is. It's like an office, but I use it to podcast. So now I tell the dogs, you guys want to podcast, and they run down the stairs and jump on the doors to the room.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 4: Get they they and they yeah.
Speaker 3: They get so excited when I say you guys want a podcast, and it's not They know the difference between you want to go out or not. Because I say you want to go out, they run down the stairs and go to the front door. But if I say do you want a podcast, they come to.
Speaker 4: The They actually sit there and watch you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're on the couch to my left, uh, and they rest on the couch. They love the couch. It's the softest couch, but it's older. It's like the couch you have forever. I love that couch. And they sit and they watch me. But they get so excited and they run.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you. Are they a rough crowd? Funny? They they don't.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the very very obedient audience. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only problem is that, because we're by the front door down here on the main on the first level, if anybody walks by the front door outside on the path loudly, they bark. So I turned the mic off sometimes so you might hear. And then I turned the mic off. You know, it's funny sometimes might you might hear me? Yell, buiet, shut up.
Speaker 2: I'm patiently awaiting the move in of across the street from the the Elvis Durant Show Big Show Studios, a building that is being well. I guess they're doing redoing the interior of it. I'm a waiting for the whoever's office that becomes to move in because, oh so you could see somebody from across. Well, the way our studios are separated are situated, we have actual window views like so it's a window, and then there's a hallway, but it's a tiny hallway, but it's a glass window. The window of the building is right next to it. So so basically from our studio you could see right out into the street and across the street into the next building, office building, and it's a high rise like us. So right now they've gutted it, and there's construction workers that appear at seven eight o'clock in the morning and we sometimes catch them watching us, like there's no like glare. There's no, it's not like it's uh, you know, intint the windows, hintin windows. Now you could see right it's just clear glass right across. So we could see them like drinking their coffee and they could see us. And it's it's an entire floor of an office building. So something is gonna go in there in about two months three months, and I might axious to see who moves in, because it won't be as good as the old studios.
Speaker 3: When I was working there where you can look across the out the window and it was a hotel and people were banging, yeah.
Speaker 2: Banging, people just banging and having threesomes filming each other.
Speaker 4: Filming each other. Yeah're filming each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not gonna get better than that. Yeah, we're not gonna. But in this case, they are. They are our eye level siteline, and we just so I wonder what the construction workers must think, like, what the fuck's going on over there? It's like, you know, because they see into All they see is a studio with all these lights on us and microphones and stuff, and we have headphones on, and I wonder what they think that they're seeing, you know, because I don't know if they know that it's us, you know, I don't know if they it's clicked that yo, that that's Z one hundred doing a lot broadcast right now. But they're probably Howard guys. I will say, when the office people move in, they're gonna have trouble concentrating on their work because, yeah, when.
Speaker 3: They look across and they see Taylor Swift sitting in the studio, no joke.
Speaker 2: That's exactly where I was going with that. They're gonna see guests walking into the studio sitting down because you could see it clearly. It's close because those streets are narrow, so like we're talking about like right across the fifty fifth Street, which is like a narrow little street. So anyway, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna Talor Swift from two thousand and.
Speaker 2: Nine. Maybe she was up.
Speaker 3: At the station on our show almost every year until twenty twenty two when I left the show, and has been up since.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to say it's because I'm not there. She's not coming. Oh you you feel like that, Yes, I'm it's me, You're the problem reason.
Speaker 4: Yes, Okay, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna say she hasn't visited because she knows I'm not there, and it's like, oh, Brodie's not Brodie coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brodie hasn't you know what since he left? Mm hmm, there's no, there's no We are never ever going at least five albums. Yeah right, you're never ever getting back together. That's right, that's right. So good luck shaking that off. Disturbing news. It's bad blood. I think that's what I think could be, could be. It wasn't That song wasn't about Katie Perry is about you now because I'm not there because you know so I'm not coming. Don't forget she hung out at my desk, took pictures sitting in my office chair. I know I know you will. Yeah, listen, she's uh, she's actually in the Halloween costume picture together. You know. She's ending her tour in Florida in Miami and it's a hard rock stadium or something. But okay, at the end of the year, in December, she's going to be there. Can you imagine the chaos and the craziness it's going to be to get tickets to those shows. But anyway, it will be awesome to be down there for that. Brodie, I know you wake up late. Yeah. Usually. Did you hear that three billion people got their social Security numbers stolen? Yeah, my friend Eric sent me that article. Here's the thing. It was three billion was well, I mean three billion worldwide, but miss the worldwide. This the three billion pieces of information whatever it is. Everybody always thought it was hacked. We were hacked. Basically, they broke into a government site, whoever this was, and now our social security numbers have been exposed. Now, I always have heard of these data breaches, and it never rises to the level of social Security number, but here we are so many times it does.
Speaker 3: When they say, uh, if your phone company was hacked or man a card was.
Speaker 2: Never social Security number usually, but here. Here's the thing scary.
Speaker 3: There's two hundred and fifty million Americans right right with social Security numbers.
Speaker 2: That means the odds of.
Speaker 3: Anyone fucking with your social Security number are two hundred and fifty million to one.
Speaker 2: No to one if one person was doing it, but there may be several people that buy that information and that the odds increase.
Speaker 3: Okay, so then it's then it's forty million to one or twenty million to one. The point is everybody got hacked, so I'm not worried. If it was everybody would blast initial b I'd be like, oh, that's only like twenty million, but or forty whatever it is, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not worried.
Speaker 3: If somebody uses my social security call fight it.
Speaker 2: What am I gonna do the best? I'm gonna sleep over it. No, but people could like open up counts and identities, an entire identity. Ill proof it was I'll say it wasn't me, it wasn't me, all right, shaggy shaggy, I'm shady shot slim shady. Every week I'm gonna make the same joke about the congress woman who got it wrong. And every week you're not gonna remember. Okay, no, I remember because I'm taking my lion's main pills. Yeah. Okay.
Speaker 3: By the way, if you don't always listen to Slice Time, sometimes you forget. You're like, oh, yeah, you have to listen to Slice Time. For episode three or four, one of our best Slice times in a while, I think. Yeah, we had some new callers, We had funny callers. People answered our question about the three dollar cheese. We had a couple of people pointing out some wonderful things about Scary that if you can't remember things, his lines mains and that what it's hilarious. Listen episode three or four Slice Time. We really really good episode. Yeah, but just one final note on that.
Speaker 2: A way to combat this is for you to get in touch with I guess all three major companies that do credit, that run credit reports whatever, and tell them to freeze your credit. So freeze credit and this way, you know, and put in a two factor authentication anyway anywhere you have passwords and stuff, so this way it could protect you. Just saying that's just a p s A. Okay, okay, that's what they're saying that you should do.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I'll keep that in mind very good, I'll check credit carmer. Scary you had you said you had a car story for me, and I have a car story, but why don't you tell you a car story?
Speaker 2: Well, this is actually yeah, this happened, not me, It was Elvis. He he went to he went to go sell a car, his car, and uh, he found out yesterday you got a call and they're like, yeah, you're you're on Carfax. This car is listed on Carfax. So Carfax is basically your car's medical record. So basically, if he ever gets into an accident or whatever the case, the autobody shop or whoever is their job to report it so that it's been in an accident.
Speaker 3: So Elvis shop in Brooklyn, well, yeah, for Jersey, some places.
Speaker 2: Pay you pay cash to a guy. If you got a guy, you didn't report. You didn't see nothing, idn't I don't know nothing. I didn't do nothing. I didn't see nothing. I didn't crushed into nothing. No, but Elvis forgot that several years ago this car he basically there was some fender bender happened and he had to replace a quarter panel whatever it is. Forgot he had to replace. Yeah, well it was a while ago whatever and he was like, oh ship. So he was basically called out on carfacts and they went to go run the car to carfacks. I would imagine most people listening to this check Carfax before they buy or lease a use vehicle, right because because that is the only way you're gonna be able to tell for sure.
Speaker 4: I gotta say, I have an interesting story about that, but go on, yeah the call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess the trade in value of the or the selling value become less because it's been in an accident. It's not perfect.
Speaker 3: Well, if the frame wasn't damaged and you just replace the quarter panel, I mean, you lose a little value, but you shouldn't lose like, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know which of Elvis' cars he's selling, but none of them are inexpensive, so he still probably did.
Speaker 2: Okay, did he sell the car? Did he changed his mind? I think it's up for sale. I don't know. Whatever, it is my thing. He got caught though, he got caught, Well, yeah, it's not that, but he didn't know well I didn't know he was on good away or anything, but his car got caught. He didn't know he was on the car fax list. Yeah, but the car did get flagged, So I guess that's Carfax doing his job. I guess it works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Well here's something I learned yesterday. So, uh, my buddy Jeff has a Jeep and it has a lot of problems with the electric roof. He got the car, there was a problem. He took it to the dealership. They fixed it, but they didn't fix it. They fixed the rattling, but then they got it out of alignment and the wind comes in and.
Speaker 2: Goes when you're on the parkway. It's terrible.
Speaker 3: They've tried to fix it like six times. They can't seem to fix it. So he took them the Lemon law court. Lemon law is if you have a certain amount of repairs done within a certain amount of time, the car is considered a lemon, like a piece of shit, like it's defective. So he has a lawyer and he said to me, Hey, you want to come with me to the court. You could be my witness because you've heard the noise. You drive me and pick me up every time I have to drop the car off. You know all the struggles I've been through. I recorded audio over the wind in the car so yeah, I'll be your witness.
Speaker 2: Not a problem. Struggle is real. Struggles real.
Speaker 3: So we go to the court case and the judge is there, the lawyer for the car company is there. We're at the table. His lawyer's not there yet. So I'm schmoozing with the lawyer. She's terrific, making jokes. She's like, listen, this can go to trial and take all day, or you know, take multiple days. She said, But I've been talking to the lawyer from the car and she's sitting there by the way, she said, I've been talking to the lawyer from the car company. I'm sure you guys want to settle. She wants to settle. Nobody wants to go to trial. Here, show will make this work out. Well, you just tipped the hand of the car company by saying she wants to settle. She's the rep for the car company, right, Because what happens is if the car if you don't settle and you prove the cars a lemon, then the car company has to buy the car from you for the full amount and then they have to destroy the car. They aren't allowed to sell the car ever if.
Speaker 2: They lement it out.
Speaker 3: Wow, even if they could just fix the roof. So they're out like forty thousand dollars forty whatever the jeep was. If they don't settle, they could lose, or you could lose and get nothing. So they're handling and whatever, and I'm like, so I'm in the hall with the lawyer saying, make sure you ask for a rental car. Make sure I'm giving you know, I'm giving Brodie tips to the lawyer. He's like, Oh, I hadn't thought of that. That's great. I'm like out lawyering a little bit the lawyer from you know, the car guy.
Speaker 2: But he was great.
Speaker 3: He was fantastic. Anyway, they settled for a lot of money. My friend got a lot of free dessert.
Speaker 2: He got like.
Speaker 3: Most of the money he's already paid in leasing on the car because the car was in the shop so much, plus another ten grand for you know trouble.
Speaker 4: He did really well. I was very proud of him.
Speaker 2: He's my boy.
Speaker 3: He paid attention. Anyway, I'm talking to the guy outside after the court lawyer and he's saying about he's looking at the jeep ward in the parking lot and he's like, oh, this is you know, this looks like it was repainted, and he's he's yeah, you may so. Here's what I found out. Cars get chipped all over the country, right, they come in from other parts of the world. Sure, and then they're on car carriers, they're on ships, and occasionally cars get damaged before they get to the dealership.
Speaker 2: By the container itself, right by the container, by the car carriers, by whoever got the car there.
Speaker 3: They get damaged. Well, here's what you need to know. If the damage is less than twelve hundred dollars, they don't need to report it. So your car could have had a dent in it, they fix it and never tell you it had a dent in it.
Speaker 2: Wow. The reason I bring this.
Speaker 3: Up my wife and I, I don't know, about six or seven years ago, we traded in our minivan to place in Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: Nice guy. They were client to the radio station, and the guy's.
Speaker 3: Looking on my car and it was a immaculate condition, no accidents, you know, clean all the extras. And so his guys are looking at it over and they have a tool that checks how thick the paint is on your car. Yes, I've seen it before. They can tell how many layers of painter on you yes. So he says to me, this extra paint on your rear end of your car and the tailgate, this car has been in an accident. I said, no, it hasn't. He says, oh, yeah, this whole back's been painted multiple times. It's all it's too thick. I said, I'm telling you, I bought the car new from Dodge. It's never been in an accident. And I never understood how that was possible. Well, the lawyer told me it probably got damaged in transport. They fixed it and never told you.
Speaker 2: Wow, So when you pay thirty thous dollars for a car, it's already possibly only worth twenty six. Because so did you go back to Dodge and say what the car was? It was eight years later. And by the way, they I've seen that thing. It's like it looks like a gun or something like that. Okay, yes, And they literally put it like on every panel of the car and they yep, they press a button and they it's like a meter and it tells them how thick the paint is, how many coats, whatever. And BMW has a certain standard so that gun better have the same reading for every single panel of the car that attests so you got fucked, Well, you got extra paint on your bumper.
Speaker 3: Here's a time when I didn't get fucked. I was buying a car leasing another Dodge charger. So I had an eight and eleven, and I think I was getting my fourteen because I get him every three years. And I'm at dealership. So Dealership A, where I always go, says, we can't find the car you want, black with all the options you want. We can't find we don't have it. So I go to dealership B. Dealership B has two Dodge chargers black with all the options I want, but they're not giving me as good a deal as Dealership A. So while I'm there, I'm handling the price and then like it's still a little too high. So I get back in my car and they had they had moved the Dodge to one of the Dodge chargers to the front so I could sit in it and see it, you know. So it's as it's as I'm leaving, the guy gets in the car to put it back in the spot it was, and as he's backing the car up, another car rear ends the Dodge charger of the brand new one.
Speaker 2: Are you serious? In front? Of you this yes, and dents the back of the car. So I'm like, all right, well I'm clearly going to buy the other one, man, because that one's now got a dent in the trunk.
Speaker 4: Right, okay.
Speaker 3: So the guy parks the car and I don't leave. I walk over to the car and I take a picture of them in so I make sure that that car never ends up in my possession.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I get a call a couple of days later from dealership, A, Hey, we found a car. It's the black one you're looking for. We could have it here by Friday. Would you like to see it at the prices we discussed? Yeah, great, okay, sure, I know this is going. They transferred the car that had been in the accident that I saw, and I checked the vin and it was the same car.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's awful. I told him.
Speaker 3: I said, listen, that car was in an accident five days ago.
Speaker 2: I saw it in an accident. And they're like what. So they transferred the car back to the other dealers. Did they know they were getting a car that? No? Didn't even bother tell him? Did dealership a legally if it's under twelve hundred dollars you don't have to report it. Well, if you have your own body shop and they repair it, wink wink, and nobody charges anything, you don't report it.
Speaker 4: So let's just shove it. Let's just shove this car off.
Speaker 2: So so whenever you're getting a car from another dealership you should be no idea.
Speaker 3: But even if you get the car from a dealership, you have to ask was this in an accident?
Speaker 2: Was this repeatitive? Anyway?
Speaker 3: Even if it's new and the guy and the and the sales guy may don't even know because they may have fixed the paint before it ever got to the dealership.
Speaker 2: Wow, So that what is that? Scary? Tell me you got music to tell people what it is? I sure do. That's a big fat scam. Sh We just backed into that going on everywhere. We backed into that scamboni. Wow, this was just yesterday. I'm talking to the lawyer. He's like, you wouldn't believe it? This is who wouldn't believe what I see? This is just a tip of the iceberg. I'm sure. I'm sure there's a whole lot more.
Speaker 3: Specialty is is he used to be on the side of the car dealerships, like be a car.
Speaker 4: Attorney right now.
Speaker 3: He's now, he's the now, he's the he's the people attorney for right people because he knows everything about cars.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 3: Some dealerships will put old tires that are new, but they've been sitting around for five six years on the car, and then and then sell the new ones off. Dude, And you have to check the year on the tire because it says on the tire like O two uh nineteen. That means second week of twenty nineteen. So you might be buying a new car that has five year old tires on it.
Speaker 2: If I think back to all the times I ever bought at least a car since I was seventeen years old, yep, I definitely got Scamboni somewhere along the way.
Speaker 3: But luckily for you, you never got like he never paid and you never got like in a ditch war, you know, called.
Speaker 2: Out on it. Thankfully. Wow. The more you know, boom boom, it's the Boys podcast. So I was, I was meeting my friend Inez for Bright Oh Channel five, you know Channel five in New York. Fox five New York was Rasannascado and Kurt Menafie from the from Fox Sports.
Speaker 3: We got to know working at the show. Almost everybody on that show. Yeah, on that station, yep.
Speaker 2: And I got to know Kurt at Inez's birthday party recently. And Mike Woods, who does the weather for like nineteen years. It's crazy they've been there.
Speaker 3: He's ripped, he's ripped. Mike Woods is a sculpted man.
Speaker 2: Jacked Jack is doing.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I was invited to you. I was invited to this party. I wasn't able to go. I'm very sorry.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised. I didn't see that Brody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I saw the picture. I'm like, damn, I had plans, all right, I couldn't get out of it. Finally a party definitely would have gone.
Speaker 2: Yeh see. Finally you were invited to a party and you decided not to go. I remember saying to you, Hey, scary, I had plans tonight.
Speaker 3: You went, oh, would you like to You were invited to the I was like, okay, invited me, I have to you know my plans.
Speaker 4: No, I love I love I love that whole group.
Speaker 3: I would love to have been there, but I, like I said, I had plans, but I appreciate the invite.
Speaker 2: So I was going to meet her for brunch, and I went to go park the car. It was like on a side street in Manhattan on a Sunday. And and as I'm about to like roll up my window and turn the engine off, some guy comes storming down the street on foot and he's like and he's like, hey, hey, can I And he was like in a huff, can you help me? Can you help me? Roll down the window? Roll down the window? And I'm parked, and I'm like a ship said here we go. What am I gonna do? Because you know I should you open the window? Quarter inch? I did? Quarter foot baby, yeah, right, So I opened up the window a little bit. I said, can I help you? He goes, oh, man, he goes, I listen. I just worked the overnight shift, a double shift, and I left my car. I left my car here and it's gone. It's been towed. And and I and I got and I got to get back to Red Bank. I gotta get back to Red Bank. I just I and I got and I got no credit card on me. I got nothing. I no, I got no money on me. And he opens up. He pulls out his wallet and.
Speaker 3: You're reading the script. By the way, he's reading the scamboney script.
Speaker 2: The people come on and he opens up his wallet and there was an old, crusty wallet whatever. The only thing in there was an ID. He goes, this is me. This is my photo ID. Hees, Look, he's I don't have any credit cards on me. I got nothing. He goes, and I just need I forgot what the amount of money it was to get back to Red Bank or Middletown, wherever he was going. I think it was like he needed like fourteen dollars or sixteen dollars for whatever it was, for a train. He goes, I just need to get back there for the ferry of the train. I think there's a ferry that goes there too. Whatever it was, he needed public transport to get home. And he says that he had just pulled the double. He'd been working since four pm yesterday and somehow in the overnight they towed his car and he can't go to the Pound, the Toe Pound up in Midtown to go get the car. And yeah, so so what did I do, Brody?
Speaker 3: You stepped on the gas and got the hell out of there.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't do that, I said, Hey, buddy, I said, I said, just didn't do me a favor. Here, pay it forward, okay, will you? And I and I gave him twenty dollars. I didn't have change. I gave him twenty bucks. And he goes, oh my god, thank you man. You are a good soul. You are a good soul. Thank you so much, sir. Oh and and and then he walked away in the direction of the downtown train hub. So he was going in that direction and he disappeared into thin air. What I didn't do the right thing? Okay, let's let's break this down.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, if you feel good about yourself giving a man who needs money, that's fine.
Speaker 4: I thought that was a war story. You're saying it's a scam.
Speaker 3: Don't you remember when Stephen, our former publicist for the Morning Show, got stopped in Jersey City by a guy who just needed to get back to Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: He needed train money.
Speaker 4: His car broke down at that guess is.
Speaker 2: The same story. It's like the guy that stopped me at Target.
Speaker 3: I told you the story of like six episodes ago, when the guy was like, oh, I just need money for gas, money for my truck to get back to Jersey or to get back to Philly. Whatever the story was, it's always far enough that you can't like take a cab or an uber. It's always just far enough that it's believable and accessible. It's never like I live one town away, I need like five bucks for Uber. It's always fifteen to twenty dollars. It's a scam story. It's the same story from every single person. I got no credit cards. I just got to get home. I call was told I worked this.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I just worked. He worked at Double. He worked at Double. The guy got the same checker. Then where's the money worked at Double? There?
Speaker 3: Where's the money? Who go leaves the house with no credit cards? If he had credit cards, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe he doesn't have credit cards. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his cars gone, It got told cars no money. If you're genuinely poor, what are you doing parking in a place where you getting caught? Told? On a Sunday On a Sunday, Saturday, Saturday. It was Saturday night. He said he had worked the Double. He'd been there since Saturday night. It was it was and it was around whatever time it was. It was like conveniently.
Speaker 3: When that when no place is open, it's late at night. The next day is Sunday when the impound yard won't be open.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's a scam.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm all about giving money to people if you if you want to help them, that's fine, but don't believe the scam part.
Speaker 2: It's a scam. It's the same. You're from Brooklyn, where I don't understand. I know, but I wanted to think the best in the guy. I wanted to think that he wasn't going.
Speaker 3: To try And if the guy needs money that badly, that he's gonna come up to a stranger and ask for.
Speaker 2: Money, then you gave him money. To the right. I'm not I'm not heartless. I'm just pointing out you got scammed into it. The whole story was fake. Now you want to give money, that's your business, but the story is fucking fake. You don't think there's a beyond script script. They all say the same thing. But it's a plot. It's a plausible scenario. It can actually it works, that could actually happen to somebody. But then I said I need money to go to the moon. You would be like, get the fuck out of a crazy man, But they make it plausible.
Speaker 3: I just need to get back to where could I get fifteen? But how far is fifteen bucks away? How come they never live in Hoboke and one stop on the train away for four dollars?
Speaker 2: They never live right nearby. They never need subway fans.
Speaker 3: Just to get get like I just need two seventy five to get on the train.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, life evens itself out, and Karma's karma is on you twenty bucks. No, there's no karma. Nobody else in the world knows you. Like the time, like the time that I that I accidentally took that money from the gas station because they gave me the wrong change. Remember that happened to me and I was over the guy gave me change of how did you then? How did you lose out on money? Well? On what I'm saying is it's give a penny, take a penny of life. It's to give a penny. Table works at that point. I got a penny, and then I gave a penny, So I give a penny. No, didn't get you stole money from the gas station. Steal money for a gas station. The guy gave me the wrong change, and I didn't realize time was halfway up. The fucking turnpike. That that that I had the wrong that wrong amount back to that gas station.
Speaker 4: No, I never was I never passed that way again.
Speaker 3: Did you remember the gas station to call them and tell him to charge your credit card that.
Speaker 4: Went through this it was enlisted.
Speaker 2: Whatever that. My point is, sometimes you win in life and sometimes you lose in life.
Speaker 4: So you lost money, right, But there's been a time.
Speaker 2: And how's the.
Speaker 3: Guy who's begging for money gonna help the next guy when someone comes up to him tells him they need money to get back to Philadelphia's gonna give hi money?
Speaker 2: And and who's to say that it can't be a true story Because it's plausible means it can be true.
Speaker 4: You never know, what if they want to get.
Speaker 3: Plausible, so you'll go, yeah, but what if he's telling the truth? You know what you say, you're paying the price for everyone who lied before you with the same story, and then you give him the money.
Speaker 4: You're a You're a fucking adult.
Speaker 3: You don't go to you don't go from central New Jersey to work in Manhattan with no money and no credit cards.
Speaker 2: You're an adult. And then park your car in a towzone. You're an adult. All three of those things can't happen if I drive, I have credit cards in my driver's license. Who takes credit cards out of their wallet? Ever? He had, he had a driver's license on him. I saw he, I like checked his ID and he couldn't have bought that in Times Square, a fake driver's license. I love ship out everything. Did you check for the hologram? No? He had nothing in his wile. He didn't have a medical card. He didn't have a shopright card. No, he didn't have nothing ID nothing in it. How do you go through life? You don't have any cards in your wallet of any kind? Not a was a home then if that's the case, he's homeless, then he needs it.
Speaker 3: He needs the money, Bony, he's a scammer. Did he look homeless to you? I don't know what a homeless guy looks like.
Speaker 2: I mean, he looked a little. No, he looked like he could have worked, you know, you know, a double shift and been you know, he wasn't in a suit, you know workers. Where's his cell phone? He couldn't call his coworkers. I don't know. I don't know anything about it. Doesn't who he doesn't He doesn't have an uber app. I think his cell phone was dead. I think he said that at the oh there you go way, Yeah, my phone's dead. Yeah phone, his phone was dead.
Speaker 4: The whole check let.
Speaker 3: You fell for the whole checklist, dude, I was on one percent. My phone died when I was trying to call for help. I was trying to call everybody.
Speaker 2: In my phone. Who's whose phone dies? Anymore? My phone dies, I've been I haven't.
Speaker 3: My phone hasn't died in ten years. I think I android my daughter. I texted my oldest daughter all the time. She doesn't get back to me, like till a day later. I say, I say it to my daughter. I go, hey, great, great response time. You know it says to me, my phone was at one percent when you texted. I look at the history of our calls. Every time I text her, she tells me, oh, my phone is on one percent. The fuck out of here. Your phone is out of the phone. It's a two year old phone. It's fine. I'm still making payments on it. So you're so so you are you are of the so? First of all, would you have given him the money?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: First of all, I don't carry cash on me unless I know I'm going for a place that charges more for credit cards.
Speaker 2: This thing that sucks is it was a fourteen dollars fare and it was it was just to write about twenty Yeah, because I don't have fourteen singles.
Speaker 4: I didn't have a ten and four singles.
Speaker 3: Tell me if it was nine dollars, you give him a ten he gave He said it was fourteen. You were like, h h, that's a good number. Fourteen's a good number to get a twenty number to a round up. More than ten adds a round up. Surprised he didn't say sixteen this way gets you in case you at ten and a five.
Speaker 4: So I just I just gave a rando twenty bucks for nothing.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Well listen, he needed the money more than you apparently. But you know we went to another car five minutes later. If that scam worked on you, you think he took that twenty bucks and was like, I now have enough money to get myself a piece of pizza and I got a ride home.
Speaker 4: Or do you think he went up to the next car. I went, that was easy. I'll do it again.
Speaker 2: I mean, he sees the guy in the beamer, so I'm an obvious target right. It's like, Oh, the guy in the sports.
Speaker 3: Car gonna go to him with Jersey plates with Jersey He doesn't know because you acted like a guy from Jersey, South Jersey, not not North Jersey where everyone's from the borrows you make.
Speaker 2: You got scambonied. I didn't want the guy. I didn't want the guy to have like a miserable day. You know, I just for whatever reason, I just I gave you the money. Listen, I have the reason why I brought it up on this podcast is because more than you, but you got scambonied.
Speaker 3: And the reason why you could you give homeless guys money all you want.
Speaker 2: The reason why I brought it up on this podcast was because it was I was fifty to fifty. I was on the fence if it was a believable story or not. So surprise you didn't give him a fifty. Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 3: Scary you ever been walking down the street or on the subway and a real homeless guy comes up to you for food. He has no shoes, his closer rip looked like he was at a bad time forever. When was the last time he gave them twenty bucks?
Speaker 2: I've given I've actually given them. I've actually given them like five bucks if I had something in my pocket. I was so not twenty No.
Speaker 3: People were actually living on the street on a cardboard box with no food, no shoes.
Speaker 2: I've given them five bucks. My friend actually jets keep Brian. Jet's keep Brian, though, jets keep Brian. Jets key. Brian actually saw a woman, uh and she had no she had no shoes or anything. So he and her feet looked looked all cut up. So he took off his sneakers and he gave them to her, and she put them on, she tried them on, and he went over to his car, his truck. He luckily had another pair of sneakers in his truck, but he gave but he had these I guess kick around sneakers, and he gave him to her, and you know, something that was very admirable of him. And I would do the same thing if I had sneakers nearby that I can actually know what cheap slide into no or well, you know, I'm not giving Awaybaton if they Lubaton's and the Gucci, it's a non starter.
Speaker 3: I'm not okay, So so nice, nice try gas lighting with that story about Brian. You've never given an actual homeless person twenty bucks. How's that gas lighting? Because you changed the subject to Brian. He'd be like, oh, look over here smoking mirrors.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I have bony because you're not a person who normally gives twenty dollars to homeless people. So you got scamboni by a story from a guy who has a job. We don't know if he has a job, he worked a double you're telling me, he said, Now you're telling what I'm saying, is either side of that coin if he was, if he was desperate and homeless, and he was, and he made up a story, so be it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: But when you gave a home, then I gave Then I gave a home person.
Speaker 3: No, you didn't in your mind, you gave twenty dollars to a guy with a car and a job and a home in Red Bank, New Jersey, instead of the person on the street who actually has no home.
Speaker 2: But either way you either way. No, but either way, I gave twenty dollars, whether the guy but he needed twenty dollars to someone really needs it, whether he didn't need well, then well, if I'm arguing from your perspective, he really needed it because he was a such a story.
Speaker 3: It's the homeless people that occasionally you give five dollars to. What I'm saying is you got up charged for a story because you might have given him five bucks if he said, hey, man, can I get a couple? If he said to you, can I get a couple of bucks? I need to get home, you would have given him a five dollar dollar bill. Yeah, he sold you on the dessert and the chie, the three dollar cheese on your hamburger. He upsold you to fourteen dollars and he got you suck it into twenty. He upsold you and your generosity, which you have never shown to a homeless person before.
Speaker 2: You know what extra for the story? I paid extra for the story. I paid extra for the cheese. I paid for cheese. How about that he.
Speaker 4: Brought Zeno Joe, he got his bron zeno.
Speaker 2: If you don't know what we're talking about, listen to the last episode of The Broken Boys pod people listen in order. K all right, thanks, what's lube got to do with it? What the cat? We will be right back, man. Just keep hammering me into the ground. Why don't you did, David Brody.
Speaker 3: Again, you're a good person, but there's something's off there. Something's off.
Speaker 4: That's why I brought it up. So I told you.
Speaker 3: I told you there was an issue at the UPS store that did not involve me. I want to tell you that story. You tell me how you'd react. I'm second in line at the UPS store. I'm just there to drop off her Amazon return and get the hell out of the right I just need to give him the box, get her receipt, get the hell out of that. There's a woman in front of me with her teenage daughter, and she's one of these like fourteen year old girls who folds her arms and goes, oh wait, yeah, okay. So I waited almost ten minutes, scary to get next in line. Why so, apparently this woman had to do a return at Whole Foods. Now, Whole Foods, if you don't know, is owned by Amazon.
Speaker 4: And if you don't know, now you know. Now you know you know.
Speaker 3: And in almost every location that I know, Whole Foods has a return center where you can bring your Amazon returns. Then they check them in, they scan your barcode or your your QR code. And then they throw them all in a giant box and they take it boom done. Sometimes, for whatever reason, Amazon tells you to box stuff up. Most of the time not but sometimes they tell you to box it and label it and hand it in.
Speaker 2: Well, this woman.
Speaker 3: Must have had to return her cable box to Verizon and also make a return to Amazon. She dropped off the Verizon box with the label. She put the label to Amazon on the box with the Verizon cable box, and she gave it to Whole Foods. Well, she went to Whole Foods and they told her, there's not what we can do about it. Your box is already on its way to Seattle or whatever wherever the wherever the sorting center is, wherever the warehouse is for Amazon. So she figured, well, they ship UPS. That's how she got the package. That was the label that she put on the box. So she comes to the UPS store so they can help her figure out where her package is. So the guy says, look, Amazon is not affiliated with UPS. Even if they use UPS to ship it back, I can't pull it up because they didn't scan it in. They scan it in for their system, but they didn't scan it in for UPS.
Speaker 4: So I don't know how they shipped it.
Speaker 3: They could have put it on a truck and drove it to the factory, you know, the where there were Amazon.
Speaker 2: There's Amazon warehouses all over. So she's like, as of now, they haven't scanned it. I can't help you. We're not affiliated.
Speaker 3: So that seems easy enough to understand, right, not affiliated, I can't help you, So she says, but how do I get my stuff back? He says, call Amazon. She says, yes, but it was a UPS label. I gave the cable box to the people at Whole Foods. He says, yes, but again, there's no way I can track it. We're not the same system. They have a private account. I don't know what they do. We have nothing to do with it. You have to call Amazon. They own Whole Foods. She says, Will they send my box back once they get it? He says, I have no idea about your box, at which point I start going.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to be more like John Pennett girline. The story's not over yet. Oh here comes There's still room for that.
Speaker 3: Then she then turns around and gives me a look like why am I laughing? So then she goes back to the guy. They won't sell my box to throw it out, will they? He says, again, I have no idea about your box, which I start laughing.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: He is, I don't work at Amazon, Lady, please just call Amazon. So she says, well, I have to pay for the shipping to get it back, ma'am, I have no idea. I don't work for Amazon because but they should ship it back for free, right, I don't know. I have other customers here. I don't work for Amazon. Well, what's the phone number for Amazon? I don't know the phone number? Man, She says, how do you not have the numbers? You guys are ups? They ship ups. He goes, you're affiliated. No, no, we're not. We're not affiliated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a.
Speaker 4: Simple concept that she's not processing.
Speaker 2: So I go, let's go, right, let's go.
Speaker 3: And again she turns around and gives me the look, and as she looks at me, the guy winks at me like like it, with a smile on his face. She turns back and she goes, so you're not gonna help me. He says, I can't help you. You you made the mistake. If it's just you, gotta hope Amazon doesn't throw it. I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 2: She she goes, thanks a lot, what terrible customer service, and she storms out. And by the way, the whole time I mentioned the teenage daughter. The whole time, the daughter's rolling her eyes like she wants to get out of there, and she's like pulling her mom's shirt, like, mom, the guy told you you can't.
Speaker 3: She can't. He can't help you. And she's like, leave me alone, leave me alone. The daughter knew what was going on. The daughter was so embarrassed by her mother.
Speaker 4: Over and over and over and over.
Speaker 2: Again, she wouldn't leave the store. Scary, what would you have done? I mean I would have sat there or walked away and be like, I'll do this another, this transaction another time. I would have got quiet. Well, yeah, I mean, it's none of my business. It's her transaction. It's her stupidity. She's not clear, she's clearly like her elevator is not going to the top floor.
Speaker 3: Brody, I know, but at some point, Scary I was gonna say, man, you gotta can I get Can I get in and get my package?
Speaker 2: She ain't the sharpest tool in the shed.
Speaker 3: She's not thank you, thank you mouth yeah, yeah, that was my That was my experience at UPS. Had to wait almost ten minutes while this woman and by the way, it didn't go as quick as I just did it.
Speaker 2: It was more like, well, but will they ship it back? Right? I don't know, Well, maybe maybe she was just it was she was realizing it right then and there that she fucked up, right.
Speaker 3: But after the third or fourth time of when not affiliated, I can't help you, and then she got mad at the guy and she's like, terrible customer service?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's he supposed to do? Driver her to Amazon. Those are the people that downgrade restaurants on restaurant reviews online on Google. Oh, terrible customer service to one. Okay, the rest of the food is so good at this place, but you're gonna put it as a one because the waiter just was a little lax or whatever the case.
Speaker 4: I can't stand people like that.
Speaker 2: They just they literally downvote the entire thing and they make it one star. Just well.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, I screenshoted a couple of reviews, so I wanted I'll read them now, since you just told me that people leave reviews that are negative. I was going to a place the other night. I was looking for a place to go.
Speaker 2: Saturday night and hang out with a friend and he's.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, you picked the place. I'm like, all right, So I found this restaurant reading reviews and this is what they wrote. The place has like a four point five rating. But I always look at the negative ones also to see, like like if they found bugs in the place, or I want to see what they said.
Speaker 2: Hostess should be fired. Didn't greet us first and at all, and then let us stand there for twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: There's a thirty five dollars minimum before she.
Speaker 2: Would see us.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me? Asked if we had reservations. It was a dozen tables available at nine pm at night. Then ordered a water and said only bottled water so they can charge. They charged me two dollars. The steak sandwich was salty, and I had to go see my doctor for high blood pressure medicine. Parking sucks, construction vehicles everywhere, no parking.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 4: Your place sucks all around.
Speaker 3: Oh and we spent eighty nine dollars and your hostess can go fuck herself.
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 4: Where was this on Yelp? On Google reviews?
Speaker 2: Which are the ones you like. I love Google reviews. They're better than Yelp. People on Yelp have an axe to grind. I hate Yelp reviews. I always take to review. Wow.
Speaker 4: Now wait, was this a restaurant? Like a restaurant a restaurant?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So then I was planning sometime last week. I had some day off and uh I was. I was like, going to go away for a day up, you know, not like an afternoon.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, where can I drive?
Speaker 3: Want to go to a casino, just to just to be different, maybe get a buffet, you know. So I pulled up Remember Resorts World in Hudson Valley. They used to be a sponsored the morning.
Speaker 2: Yes, very well reviewed.
Speaker 3: But I was like, let me see if they're open, if the water park there's a water park there.
Speaker 4: Here's the review.
Speaker 3: Scared, you tell me if there's a fair review from someone who doesn't understand math. I played the roulette here today I only play the colors, meaning red and black, and was shocked to see black hit fifteen times in a row before I walked out. The odds of the same color hitting fifteen times in a row are forty nine thousand and four twenty three to one was the machine that lucky naturally or did it have help?
Speaker 2: No? Damn you know what the the odds are, yes, I do. It's one out of fifty fifty fifty. The rule that wheel doesn't have a memory. Fifty fifty odds are the same every spin, it's fifty to fifty red black. It's like it's called gambler's fallacy. Yeah, fifty to fifty. It really is true. And if it comes out a coin, yep, if you can.
Speaker 3: Coin one hundred times and let's say it comes out heads ninety nine times in a row and one hundredth time.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do.
Speaker 3: You're gonna bet at all it's gonna be tails. But the odds are still the same that it's going to be heads or tails when you flip it. Coin doesn't remember the last ninety nine flips exactly. So this woman left them, and as if it's their fault they scammed her. Well, listen, after it came out black nine times, why didn't you put it on black? Why didn't you put your money on black? Obviously this fucking woman kept playing red. She probably like, oh, it came out black nine times in a row, I'll play red. And it came up black ten times. She probably said, oh, it's destined to come out red. She's idiot, kept playing red.
Speaker 2: So let me let me ask, then, how does she come up with that fuzzy math of forty nine that one in forty nine thousand? Was?
Speaker 3: She like, have no idea, because ultimately it's it's two times two.
Speaker 2: I guess I think.
Speaker 4: I think if you look at it as an.
Speaker 2: Entire the fifteenth power, hold on, I'll do you right now. If you look at the if you look at fifteen spins, I'd say, what are the odds that it's going to come out black? Fourteen out of fifteen times?
Speaker 3: Okay, First of all, the number would have to be even. It's thirty two thousand, seven hundred and sixty eight. Is is because you multiply two times two times fifteen times, right, that's the She doesn't.
Speaker 2: Even the number, right, I'm not sure how you get an odd number. It's now listen unless she can't.
Speaker 3: Now there are hold on a second, there are spaces on the roulette wheel that aren't colors, right, Well, no, this there's.
Speaker 2: Two there's there's two green ones. That's a zero and a double zero on an American Roulett wheel. A European wheel only has U zero the green.
Speaker 3: Slightly less than fifty to fifty. Correct, maybe it's forty eight percent. Forty eight percent and then two percent. It's gonna land on.
Speaker 2: Green, right right, But either way your odds of forty eight percent is gonna land on red or black? It's it's look it up Google, gambler's fallacy. It's the fallacy of thinking that it can't happen because oh, there's a street going. There's no street.
Speaker 3: Wheel doesn't know that there doesn't The Roulette ball doesn't go. I've landed in black fifth fourteen times, so now the odds are better I land in red.
Speaker 2: No, the odds are the same.
Speaker 4: Odds are the same, right right, So fuck car, Fuck car, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Nice review like that, thank you? Yeah right, But that's what I like. People ruin it for everyone. I have to see through the bullshit. When I see people, I always read, I always go to when I'm looking at reviews, I was sort by the word and I see what the one star reviews are. If they are like palatable, is that the right word arguments? If it's if it's an argument that's feasible or that makes sense, then I'll take it into I'll take stock of it, and i'll take it into account. Right, But I'm not suffering. I'm not gonna like, especially with hotel reviews. I'm not sitting there caring about, oh, the fact that that you saw a roach in your room so you downvoted in to a one star, or that the lady they wouldn't give you money back because they charge whatever, any any minutia and bullshit like that, or the front desk person was rude to me one star. Those that person worked there, I filtered. I filter those reviews out. I need to see a trend of really bad reviews. If everybody says the food's always bad, yeah, that's what I'm looking for, or or the rooms are dirty, I need to see twenty comments. I need to see a lot of those comments. I'm like, all right, I see a trend developing here. I'm not making one person at word because they had a shitty experience.
Speaker 3: But it's like if you're like, oh, I went to a water park, someone shit in the pool one star. That's not the place's fault, right, and it's not going to happen when I go there necessarily.
Speaker 2: Well, actually it may, yeah, you may in the pool. Well, there was an old joke.
Speaker 3: I forget the comedian, Honey, young men, I forget it was Jackie Me. I forget it was I'll have to look it up. But he told a joke. He said, you know, I'm afraid of flying. I'm always afraid of terrorism on planes. This is a long time ago, when when the security at airports wasn't what it is now. And he said, you know, the odds of a bomb being on a plane are like five million to one. The odds of two bombs being on a plane from two different people are one hundred million to one. Here, so bring a bomb on a plane, meaning the odds of the second person having a bomb is dramatically you know, lower, lower right, Hio. So so if I take a shit in the pool, the odds on there being two shits in the pool is lower. See at the casino, you just turned the golden nugget into the brown nugget.
Speaker 2: And Brody, oh, you know what you just did?
Speaker 3: What do you know what you just did?
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say his full name.
Speaker 3: You just pulled a todd You just todded.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna explain. It's you can relate it to the Seinfeld episode. It's about going out on a high. Remember that episode. It was the famous episode where they all try and you know they try and like it was George George. George told a joke in the meeting and he's like, that's it, I'm out. He goes, My problem is I stay around longer. I follow up with another joke and it doesn't work. He said, you gotta laugh, you'll leave. So he's in a work meeting that just started.
Speaker 3: He tells a joke and they laughed, and he goes, all right, I'm out and he leaves. Yeah, and they all remember him as being funny. Now I'm gonna tell a story about Todd. I'm not gonna say any more any more specific than that. But there was a guy who did radio that we're aware of. I shouldn't the story scare you're making a face, No, go ahead, And people who worked for him said he was known for wanting to go to commercial after a big joke, right, and it had to be his joke. In other words, he had to be the last person funny and then to go to commercial.
Speaker 2: So if somebody else had a joke.
Speaker 3: He'd keep going till he had the punchline, so that you remember he was the last voice that spoke, so he would say something funny and then point to the guy running the board. He was like, ah, and that's why the chicken died, and he pointed to him like hit the button. So even if they weren't supposed to go to commercial, they would go to commercial after he had a punchline.
Speaker 2: So you just did that forty seconds so forty seconds. Yeah, but like he didn't care how long. He could have had like ten minutes to talk and it's minute three and he got it's a great joke. Hit the button. Yeah, he would point like hit that dogtown, and if you didn't hit the butt, he got mad at you, Like he'd get mad, like were supposed to a commercial because he wanted me what he was mad. You're like, I why didn't problem? No, they didn't do it on purpose. We were like five minutes over there. But I you know, whatever, you just go with it, you run with it. So yeah, you todded me. Hey, I was I'm finally I'm an officially officially a godfather. Oh right at the big ceremony. Yeah, happy, Uh I guess what do you call baptism to to Enzo Cossenza. Enzo Cascenza, my new godson. That is my my friend's share who I do my other podcast with Speaking Viomes podcast, uh Share and Scott and their daughter poor shah. Uh yeah. So so now they have a fourth and uh he was welcomed to the Church of God, fourth member of the family. Four member for the fourth member of the family. Yeah right, so rollers crazy right so now right exactly makes it even four. So it was it was awesome, It was enlightening. Did you put water on his head? Did you do anything religious? I did. My job was to dab his forehead after the water was poured on him. So you dabbed. I dabbed a little dad, will do you? You put your armond into your uh oh no idead like a football dab yeah, football dab no, no, no, no, look at you with the.
Speaker 3: Brill cream reference. So little dabble do you?
Speaker 2: Nineteen fifties? Wow? Yeah, for all you eighty year olds listening right now, now, it was seventies and eighties commercial let's a whatever. So got into a little bit of uh, I don't know, I almost drowned the kid. Oh, I got into a little bit of an argument, not an argument, but a disagreement with people you well about about the gift.
Speaker 3: I feel that you give him a plate. No, see, that's the thing people are saying, you gave me a place, really one of my kids a silver spoon. I thought, Now, you gave me a plate, a parridge, a parrige cup, a paringer.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you something with a spoon.
Speaker 3: There's a plate. It was like a bowl. Yeah, right, you sold it if you sold it online? Of course, What are my kids gonna do with that ship?
Speaker 2: See? Exactly? Well, okay, well, which is exactly why I mean. I've I've grown up since then, Brodie, and I've learned a lot about the world. So so for the same reason why you say, what am I going to do with that ship? Is the same reason why I didn't listen to people's advice when they told me I needed to buy a gold cross for the kid with or with something like a memento, like some kind of a a chain the Godfather, Sure, yeah, a chain with a cross or something or and I'm like, wait a second, I'm like, fucking cash is king? I'm giving this kid cash? Fuck this, get him a savings bond something. Well, yeah, it's going to go into his Uh, it's going to go into a savings account. Maybe it'll grow, who knows with interest rates. But but you know, my I'm thinking that that was the right thing to do, you know.
Speaker 4: And then some evolving bond some people like people still.
Speaker 2: You ain't at a wedding. You got to give the kid a gift, a physical gift. What kind of godfather gift is that? And so you know, you know, and then and then then the amount, oh my god, the amount that people say online was was you know, below my uh, what I believed I needed to give. I needed to come correct, I needed to go. I stepped further as godfather. Two hundred bucks? Two hundred kid?
Speaker 3: Can you don't even know the kid when he's old enough to know you?
Speaker 4: Come on, okay, how much did you givet You're just gonna leave it right there?
Speaker 2: No, you know, you did? You do? You did? Let me guess, Let me guess. Did what's the little kid's name? Did Enzo leave his money home and have to get back to Red Bank, New Jersey? So you gave him five hundred dollars? Well, first of all. It was a gift from Robin and I, Robin and me, Robin and me, the both of us.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it was from you, No, but you know it was on behalf of both of us, no offense.
Speaker 2: But you gave it was on beh half of both of us. So I had to give a bigger gift. I gave a bigger gift. I didn't gi him two hundred dollars. I gave him more than that. Okay, all right, we'll just leave it there.
Speaker 3: I hope, well you gave more than five. No, dude, I got a fucking plate in a spoon for my kids.
Speaker 2: You didn't make me the godfather of your kids. This is why. Wait a second. You're Jewish. We have godfathers, we have godparents. Oh, you don't do god parents. You've got parents.
Speaker 3: My uncle was my godfather. He didn't do much for me, but he gave you know, he was took care of his fine. Oh anyway, we don't have a ceremony. We put water on my head.
Speaker 2: All right? You get scary? What what?
Speaker 3: You're out of control? You make too much money?
Speaker 2: No, I don't. You're throwing money around like water. You're giving the guy from Red Bank New Jersey twenty bucks. You gave a kid who doesn't even know you. Call it, oh my god, call it communism. That's not what communism means. Socialism called that's not what socialism means. I'm just spreading my money around for everybody to share. Not not my money is your money. Not to bring up politics, but I find this.
Speaker 3: Certain people that throw the words Marxist, communist around these.
Speaker 2: Days no clue what the words means. In its basic form and basic principle, that is what it is. It's a sharing. It's a common sharing of everything. Everybody gets to share.
Speaker 3: Every Communism means you wouldn't make more than anybody else, ever, make the same.
Speaker 2: Even and out, even it out. Everybody gets to eve. So in this case, so then I then you should give me the gift for my kids that you did your games. So now I owe you a gift because I didn't because I didn't give you, You owe me.
Speaker 3: You owe me at least a grand for my kids. Fuck out of you give share a gift kid, You'll never.
Speaker 2: See them again. That's not true. You'll never see that kid. Come on, hang out of her house. Well, I maybe I'm gonna have to from here on out. I mean, the last time you were in the same room with share it was a while ago. It was last year for her daughter's birthday. Her daughter loves me. Well, how much did you give her? I didn't give her anything. Now, some people were saying that you have to buy got for free you get to job. You know. Some people are saying that you have to actually buy something for the sibling because because they say that one person is celebrating something and the other kid gets jealous. I don't know these things. I don't have kids, man, I'm not mut to it. Now you're practically own this one. I give him a nice gift as a starting, you know, as a ramp up to his life. Okay, let's do his parents are going to spend that money on a vacation. No, they're not. Who steals money from their kids most people? No, Yeah, my parents didn't, but most people do. I know somebody's parents took all their money and they were like, oh, we spent it on family trips, so you benefited. You mean to tell me that when people were giving their kids gifts growing up, and they or they would collect from the relatives and stuff like that. For the first second, third, those those early birthdays where you're not conscious and you don't know what the hell's going on in life. Yeah, he's out, that money's gone. They don't sen u because people they don't send up out that checking account for you.
Speaker 3: A bank account is something some people do. Some people, you know what the problem is. Some people go, you know what, the kid just got eight thousand dollars. He's not gonna need it till he's eighteen. We'll put it back in in eighteen years. I owe you and I owe you. And then they forget.
Speaker 2: They don't remember the exact amount, They don't calculate the interest. I got it. I gotta ask my dad.
Speaker 3: No, they might have to ask your dad if he admits it. But let's ask the slices. Slices, here's your assignment. Here's your assignment for this one. Did your parents spend all the money you got for your bar mitzvah or your your whatever sweet sixteen, your communion you're sixteen.
Speaker 2: Year old enough? Or did they use the money to pay for your sweet sixteen? Like?
Speaker 3: Did somehow you get scammed out of your money or you are if you're a parent, did you wink wink you pay it back eventually to your kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to know.
Speaker 4: I want to know what people are doing with their kids' funds.
Speaker 2: And I'm not going to judge that. I know it's for their kid. That's the kid's money. You can't go fucking with that.
Speaker 4: Apparently you can. I'm justparently disgusted right now.
Speaker 3: I think I think shar is gonna keep everything over a legitimate gift, so two hundred will stay in the bank, and everything else you spent over.
Speaker 2: Two hundred dollars is gravy because you're a sucker. Wow, sucker another time in this podcast, you're calling me a sucker.
Speaker 3: They probably picked you to be godfather, knowing you'd throw money around. Oh don't don't let uncle Steve be the godfather. He's poor.
Speaker 2: Let's let's get let's get that happen. Pick god parents.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm guessing they knew you were gonna think, like he gives them twenty dollars to people who lie about their car being towed, He'll give our kid a grand or whatever you gave.
Speaker 2: I didn't give it. I didn't give it. I did not give a great but still, but still, I mean two undred over two hundred dollars I gave. I gave more than two hundred dollars. Okay, well we're gonna leave it right there. Yeah, we'll leave it right there. It's right again. You be listen.
Speaker 3: If she was your sister or your first cousin, and it's family, and this kid's gonna be your nephew forever, then you give five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: That's what you do. You're like, I'm gonna be a good uncle.
Speaker 3: You're your friends with her. It's a wonderful honor. I just you're again, you're over generous. But God bless you. You did a nice thing.
Speaker 2: Scared.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say you didn't do a nice thing, all right, but you probably overdid it a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well, slices. While you're at it, what's an appropriate gift? And the godfather of a new godson.
Speaker 3: And here's the thing. Let's just say, let's just say you gave four hundred dollars. Let's just say four hundred dollars, pick a number, and I say you should have given two hundred, and it still would have been a nice gift. Two fifty you would have had money left over to buy your buddy a steak dinner.
Speaker 4: Which bud, are you talking about jets brand?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, he's got seven mentions on this podcast. You want to plug in his website. And he's got great jet skis. By the way, if you mention us, you know, maybe he'll give you. I think he may give you a discount. He gave someone a discount because I mentioned him on the morning show and somebody tracked him down and and the uh they booked like three skis and he's like, you know what, I'm gonna throw the photo package in for your free.
Speaker 4: Oh the photo pack it little free dessert, little free dessert for you.
Speaker 2: Oh no, yeah, Well, let me ask you.
Speaker 3: A question he's got. Ryan said, I can come jet ski anytime I want.
Speaker 2: Yes, he did. I assume he meant for free. He was very very nice. Correct, he did.
Speaker 3: So my question is scary would you jet ski on the Hudson River because I don't know you to be a swimmer. I know you to be I personally don't.
Speaker 2: You're a stander. I have not you can't stand in the Hudson how many times? He's I can have every chance, every day of the week, any hour of the day. I can just go roll up there and a hole boken ye and get on a skate and he'll throw me in the water and he'll come out with me. I've yet to take him up on the offer because I personally don't want to. I don't know, I don't I'm not a you know, I like a swimmer. I'm not a swimmer. I could drink in your hand. And I also, I don't like my water rough. I want my water to be I don't want choppy. The child The Hudson River is super chopping this time of day, because that's great for jet skiing. No, it's not.
Speaker 4: Got ferries going back and boom.
Speaker 2: No, you know how much of a wake that ship leaves, they'll throw you off the ski. I know, for me personally, I'm gonna pill his business. No hard pass for me. But no, I look look behind me. He's good. Can you see it's behind me? A tour literally, his one of his tours literally just drove by. I could see it from my window because they come down the Hudson River and I look out the window and I could see actually eight skis from the window. Can you see Russia from your window? Yeah? So anyway, eight skis, Yeah, somebody that twelve thirty tour just went out. Actually they're coming back now, but twelve I saw the twelve thirty tour rolling by me around one a quarter to one. Did you wave no, I mean, you know he was.
Speaker 3: Part of the tour that they could wave. The scaries apart, yeah, pretty much. You could see binoculars.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But anyway, I highly recommend people to go out there because if you haven't done before and you want to do it, it's it's a thing. But you know, I'm not a jet ski guy. You know, I'm not big on jet skis at all. I'm like, wo big deal, you know. No, even in the Caribbean, I'm not a jet ski guy. No, And you know, and and would you have a ParaSail? I did parasale. I parasailed like twenty years ago at Atlantis the Bahamas. Oh wow. I parasailed in uh Hawaii. It was frightening. Yeah, Hawaii.
Speaker 3: It was terrifying, terrified. It was terrifying because I said I'm terrified as sharks. They're like, oh, don't worry, you'll be you know, forty feet in the air or whatever. And so they kept lowering me like they'd stopped the boat and lower me down over get.
Speaker 2: To the right. Just huge corporation. Yeah, very good.
Speaker 3: He rocked the boat so they would lower me down and my feet would just like touch the water, and then they would pull the give gas to the boat and pull me back up again.
Speaker 4: It was like, stop doing that. I'm paying you. I don't want my feet in the water in the ocean in Hawaii.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I've seen all the Jaws movies, even the bad ones. They jump up, they get you, they'll pull your helicopter down.
Speaker 2: I've seen it, so no, I don't.
Speaker 3: I paragly parasailed when I went with my friend robbed Hawaii when I was twenty one and stupid.
Speaker 2: Never again, do you go up in a hot air balloon? No that no, no, no, because you got zero control of that. You don't know how the hell do you land? You have sandbags? Those things are from the sixteen hundreds. You're using Yah, I'm not.
Speaker 4: You're using like seventeen hundreds technology.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm not. I'm not going up in a hot air balloon and it's on fire already. There's a there's a freaking you know, it's like hot air. There's no parachute. No, no, thing.
Speaker 3: Anything happens, there is no backup plan hard pass.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you can have a hard landing and you don't know where.
Speaker 2: You're gonna land. It's the Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 3: So uh, you can land in the Emerald City like the Wizard did right here, his balloon got lost. I guess so isn't he had a balloon right he landed in Oz? Then he took a balloon right home?
Speaker 2: What movie was that? Was it? Of Oz? Was it of Oz had a balloon component to it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: If I remember correctly, the Wizard left in a balloon, took the heels together.
Speaker 2: That's right. That's a spoiler spoiler spoilers clicks your heels together and goes home. All right, Speaking of going home, what else do we have left? I'm good? Are you good? Dabada? I didn't say I'm blue? Oh uh no, I'm good by bb Rexa. That's the new version of the song by David with David Ghetta. I'm good, I'm good and I'm feeling just right. Oh.
Speaker 3: I thought that was one of Dual Leaper's remakes. I want to have the best fucking time in my life. By the way, Dua Lipa put out an album in twenty twenty two of all reworks of classic music.
Speaker 4: Absolutely she did every single one of.
Speaker 3: The Talker's Boomer TikTokers who like, oh, she's not original, all her songs were, and then they played the clip of the real.
Speaker 2: Song that one just yesterday, that TikTok like this, Like it was like it was like, uh, they don't think they're like, oh look boomer parents with their gen Z kids. Oh the guy in the car in the car yeah, and like that's like the fifth or sixth one I've seen this month. Yeah, they're all doing it like no kidding, yeah, and all the comments like.
Speaker 3: She's clearly not original, she doesn't go to the original Boner Dutch. The problem of musicians today, they can't write throw music. Well, actually she did.
Speaker 2: She did it on purpose. She's she actually like she's gonna get sued.
Speaker 3: People think like people put out albums of direct usage and that they didn't get permission for it. Like it's one thing if your song like like what was his name? Sam Smith put out that song that sounded a lot like Tom Petty, but it wasn't like a rework of the actual music. It was like, oh, I didn't realize it so so he had to credit Tom Petty on the music.
Speaker 2: But this is an album where she's like, yeah, it's a it's.
Speaker 3: A throwback album. I took classic beats, classic music, and.
Speaker 2: I read that that's the whole premise of the album.
Speaker 3: One of them is a kiss song. People people took I Was Made for Loving You and did a remake. They're all like, oh, okause she's not original? Did she is original? Dumbasses?
Speaker 4: You always have to leave you on negative dumb asses.
Speaker 2: Hit the theme song, right. We grew up a lot of We grew up with a lot of dumbasses. Yeah, you don't like as we grew up in Boys Boys