Speaker 1: Every Day Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm feels for y'all.
Speaker 1: Dune Morning, everybody in the j n V. Jess hilarious, Charlamagne the God. We are the breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building in the tail or pull there, Williams. That's your middle name?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You welcome? How are you doing? Beauty in Black Season two?
Speaker 4: How does it feel like all of this look because I'm gonna watch this this episode one?
Speaker 5: Okay? How does it feel to have it continue?
Speaker 4: Because you know a lot of shows live for one season two seas.
Speaker 5: How does it feel to have it continuing? You know, I feel very grateful.
Speaker 4: I think when you're able to have a second season, that's one thing, but then to have a second season and the fan base continue to grow and people are excited bigger. Yeah, it's crazy. I'm grateful, but I'm excited. It's been fun. So I'm just enjoying.
Speaker 6: It as life change. Because you know, Beauty and Black is on Netflix. It's a big show. Like, have you felt the change?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Actually I think season one, not that I was kind of in denial, but it's like, you know, this might be a moment it passes I've been acting since I was thirteen, so it's like, Okay, enjoy it. But then this season it does feel different. The visibility that I have is different places that I go. It's no longer like, oh, you're familiar.
Speaker 5: It's like cam and they're huckey and it's like whoa.
Speaker 4: I'm not used to that having to kind of move a little bit different. But I think I always thought it would happen. You know, if you keep acting and a show is popular, it would happen. But nothing can really prepare you for.
Speaker 1: That shift, right, Yeah, I want to go back, if you don't mind. So you're from Houston, Texas. Yes, and you got into acting at a young age. You said thirteen, what made you like the arts? What made you love the arts?
Speaker 4: I think I've always been creative as a kid. I like playing pretend who doesn't. But it was my first movie that I was in. I was auditioning at the time. After Katrina the Tax Credits came to Louisiana, so it brought a lot of films to the South, and Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins was being filmed there. I got a part, and I loved acting, but when I got on the set and saw the sound stages and the crew and like what it takes to actually make a movie. I was like, Oh, I just want to do this for the rest of my life. And I just kept going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you produced too, right I do? So what have you learned about and right?
Speaker 6: So what have you learned about yourself as an artist? Wearing all those different hats? Producing, acting, writing?
Speaker 4: The biggest thing that I cannot do them all by myself. I know that there are people who are experts in what they do, who love writing, and I honor whatever people love the most. And I think that's why I like producing, because it's like I can pick and choose. Oh, you're fire at this, let's all come together and putting it all together is the fun part from me. Now, what I want to ask you about the show is right because, like I said, I've been watching since first episode.
Speaker 5: Do you ever look at the script right and be like, all right, this is fun? Come on, come on, come.
Speaker 1: You must look at it all the time.
Speaker 4: I think when we were getting ready for season two and Tyler was like sending us the scripts at a full clip, like it's like we're getting two episodes in a day.
Speaker 5: It's like, dang, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: And he's sending these scripts and I'm reading it genuinely, like, oh my god, it's crazy. It keeps you on your toes. It's a it's as fun to film it, probably more fun to film it than it is to watch it.
Speaker 5: And your your character in the beginning, you start off shy, You're not standing up for yourself. He was pissing me off. I was like, Kimmy, gets your shit together.
Speaker 4: These people coming for you, and then you just turn into a natural born kill Bill character. You just you just out here, you know? Now, what is your ritual to get ready for that? Because it seemed like it didn't really take much. I guess to be shy, is that's your real demeanor?
Speaker 5: Like are you shy? You don't really talk a lot? No, okay, I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 4: I'm just the most talkative person in the world. I'm more reserved. But it's not because I'm shy. I'm just more observant. But to not stand up for yourself is very different for me. That was actually a process. When we went in for the callbacks and I was having a conversation with Tyler, he was like, I know you could do strong because we worked together before.
Speaker 5: He was like, but can I see you do this?
Speaker 4: And I was like, I mean, yeah, of course I can try the vulnerability part.
Speaker 5: But I was like, but do I want to do that? Like why can't you do this?
Speaker 4: He was like, if you just trust me with the story, it's gonna go somewhere that no one is gonna expect this. She's gonna be a boss. And I was like, okay, okay, well I could do the victim thing.
Speaker 5: I could. I could figure that out.
Speaker 4: So he challenged you, Yeah, absolutely, because I'm not a person that backs down from confrontation or if somebody's doing me wrong, you will.
Speaker 5: Know that you don't me wrong.
Speaker 4: So with Kimmy, I was frustrated too, but I think that propelled the story even more so now in season two, it's warranted.
Speaker 7: How did you get into like Tyler Perry's universe because you were in divorce and black and now you're here with the you know, with the beauty and black, Like how did you?
Speaker 5: How did that happen for you? You know, it's funny.
Speaker 4: I went to school in Atlanta knowing that I wanted to act. I went to Clarke Atland university, and I just knew I was gonna be in something Tyler Perry in school, and that didn't happen. I went to school, came went moved to LA and it was just an audition, a normal audition for a different film that he was doing. And I went into the callback. And typically at a callback, they'll tell you the director of the writer will be in the room. They didn't say that.
Speaker 5: I thought it was just going to be Kim Coleman.
Speaker 4: So I walk in and Tyler Perry's right there and he's like, hey till he come on in just and I was.
Speaker 5: Like, what are you doing here?
Speaker 4: But I did say that I was very professional and I did it. He was like, I only want to see the first scene. Already saw your second scene on the tape. Go and I like took a breath and I did it, and he was like, where are you from. I was like, I'm from Texas and he was like, let me see the second scene. And I was like, I don't know what just happened, but I got it and I ended up getting divorced.
Speaker 5: In the Black, it was a different movie.
Speaker 4: They were like, we want to keep you on hold for this one, but are you open to reading another film, And I was like sure, and I thought that he was going to ask me to do an audition for that one.
Speaker 5: They said, if you want to insure is it.
Speaker 6: Pressure when you see somebody like Tyler walking in the room. Do you have to gather yourself a little bit?
Speaker 3: Is it different?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: It is different because I respect him a lot. I'm very inspired by how he moves, just all that he's built. So you do have to take him inute and kind of breathe. I think when it's somebody you admire.
Speaker 5: But you snapped right into it, or did you stutter? Did you mess up?
Speaker 2: Stutter?
Speaker 5: But I did after I was like, what, yeah, yeah, that's what's up.
Speaker 4: How long did it take y'all to Voice in the Black? I know that's the movie that was my joint too, But how how long did it take y'all to film that?
Speaker 5: It took us six days to film the whole movie. To film the whole movie, because you know, it's always out there at Tyler party, be having y'all here. He'll start at nine am two and y'all be done at ten times.
Speaker 4: Season two of Beauty and Black all sixteen episodes in twelve days.
Speaker 5: Jesus.
Speaker 1: Do you like filming like that, like fast, get it out the way, or do you prefer a little time to breathe, a little time to rest, to reset, or do you just knock it out?
Speaker 4: We had time to think about its problem. I'm adaptable working with different directors, working on different shows, different whatever. It's kind of like coming into somebody else's house. If this is how y'all do it, cool, I'll assimilate.
Speaker 2: How long are those days?
Speaker 5: Twelve hours? Well, no, it's not bad, and then you're done. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So he just pretty much just count on y'all knowing y'all lines, because that's pretty much you know, all the retakes and cut and do it again. Yeah, y'alla, y'all don't have none of that. No, I mean, very sparingly. If he said can I please get want more? He'll be like yes, depending on who you are.
Speaker 1: Before, like can I get him a line now?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sometimes, or even with some of us, with the wonderful, wonderful cast everybody, can I get one more?
Speaker 5: He's like, I got it? No, I got it. And you just gotta trust.
Speaker 3: What role of project has challenged you the most and why?
Speaker 4: Definitely beauty and black, the sheer speed at which we're filming it, and then also, uh, particularly in the first season, being somebody who is playing somebody who is sex trafficked, somebody who is so beaten down the things.
Speaker 5: At the time, I was.
Speaker 4: Planning my wedding, so it was like, I don't have this life experience, but I have to go there every day.
Speaker 5: Scene after see, seen, after seeing.
Speaker 4: It was like for a whole week, I'm just crying in every scene and getting beat up.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 4: It was a lot, but it stretched me as an artist knowing that I can do that.
Speaker 5: If somebody says, cry right now, I could do that.
Speaker 4: If you need me to do that, I can go there and jump back into what I have to do in my normal life and stay sane.
Speaker 1: How did your now husband deal with it? Because you were in a role, and I'm sure you were in a character. I'm sure it wasn't your planning a wedding. It's supposed to be happy, joyous, but now you're diving into this character. So how did he handle that?
Speaker 5: Oh, like a champ.
Speaker 4: He is a surgery resident right now, which is a very grueling schedule as well, So I think it was a lot of mutual respect. If I got home before him, or if he got home before me, he make dinner. If I got home, I bring him dinner from set. It's just like we're in the trenches together. So he actually loved the how rigorous the schedule is because sometimes on other shows, you know, I might do a couple of scenes. It's you know, we're not doing surgery. We're not dealing with life or death. Even on a difficult day, it's still a blessing.
Speaker 5: To be there.
Speaker 3: I thought he was a surgical resident.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 5: I'm saying what I do.
Speaker 2: So how you got time to cook?
Speaker 5: He's a good man?
Speaker 1: I tell him, said she cooked? He said, I take some.
Speaker 2: Sad dog.
Speaker 1: I cook him.
Speaker 5: I learned how to cook a few years ago to cook.
Speaker 3: You ever bring anything home from work like lunch.
Speaker 4: Slack, bringing snacks, drinks and stuff, candy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, congratulations you got married.
Speaker 4: No, I was asking you going back to my question, how do you get.
Speaker 1: All the time.
Speaker 5: I don't like seeing anything from his job?
Speaker 2: So he does be bringing stuff on.
Speaker 1: You'll come down with blood all over, like eyeboy, look at this.
Speaker 2: Whole now.
Speaker 5: You said you gotta cry.
Speaker 4: You have to cry a lot on set and everything like that. How do you get into that? I know it's nothing other than you being a great actress, right, but like, how do you get ready for that? Like what's your ritual to go into that role when things start going crazy for you on the show and they get crazier for you. Yeah, definitely the preparation before filming.
Speaker 5: I think it's a treat because we shoot so fast. Tyler gives us all of the scripts for the.
Speaker 4: Season, and that's typically not that we typically don't have that on a different type of TV show, So I'm able to kind of prepare for it like a movie. I know exactly where I am, a lot of notes on my personal scripts, so I know where to dive in because we're shooting out of order. And also the wonderful team at TPS. The crew is phenomenal, from wardrobe to the script supervisors. We have readers, people will help us kind of get on track to know where we are. But the work that I do before can get me into the mode. And then I love music too, so I have playlists and songs and different things to help.
Speaker 6: You said something earlier til you said you know it helps you to stay sane. What do you do to stay.
Speaker 5: I have a great therapist, yes, so number one.
Speaker 4: And I think I'm overall a pretty even person, So just continuing to stay grounded and on my feet. If i know I'm getting overwhelmed, I'll take a second to breathe. I meditate daily. I'll meditate on set if I have a break. Every morning, I have the same routine. I listen to jazz, I get my green teeth, like just trying to control as much as I can and sometimes a chaotic environment and then coming out of that when we rap. I'm done with Kimmy, I'm done with whatever character I'm playing, and I have my own playlist of my own music that's like brings me back.
Speaker 6: I wish y'all could have talked to people who are like on Days of Our Lives and Guiding Light and all those shows back in the day, because I wonder if the process was the same for them as it is for y'all, because those shows used to come on daily, so I'm sure they used to tape a lot. And I know that y'all think Tyler got a lot of traumatic shit. Them shows had some wow storyline show like people were getting buried a live heop was getting possessed by demons.
Speaker 2: So I just wonder if they had to.
Speaker 6: If they ever could even decompress at least y'all get the opportunity. I wonder if they ever did.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think it's somewhat similar to us. They're shooting a lot of scenes in one day. Shout out to Debbie Morgan because she came from that world. I mean, she's been on everything, but it was just the job. I think they probably handled it the way that we do because.
Speaker 3: Y'all know, y'all the new stories.
Speaker 6: I tell people that all the time, Tyler Perry stuff that's the new stories, like our grandparents, Like I'm going to watch.
Speaker 2: My story that story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, people are invested.
Speaker 1: Do you laugh at some of the fight scenes sometimes? Because those are the things I feel like they love him all over the internet.
Speaker 4: The back and forth, the one liners, the actual fighting. Those might be the most difficult to stay in character because.
Speaker 1: Cause you gotta laugh.
Speaker 4: Yes, Like, as a cast, we all are people that really like each other. We enjoy being at work, we enjoy and have a great time together, and there's.
Speaker 5: Very little levity in love and every.
Speaker 1: Theme that we do. I don't know how y'all take you serious? I don't know what show was that one scene when the two dudes getting a fight and one du hit and he spent Aundrey I said, it wasn't that one, but it's a Tyler Perry. But his fight scenes always class hilarious. Which one is that he just be spinning?
Speaker 5: I don't know, I don't know, you know what they got sis? Maybe that was Brothers.
Speaker 8: Look.
Speaker 4: The funniest saying was when well, first of all, no, who laughed when Varney kept saying I'm your bitch?
Speaker 5: I mean, who laugh? Who laughed? So you know I would get fired that day. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: Fruit Fruitcake. I'm like, yeah, yeah, fruit Cake.
Speaker 4: I read all of the scripts, but then I just focus on what I have to do because it's it's it's a lot. So I forgot that that was even a thing until I was watching it. And so I'm watching it like everybody else does, and.
Speaker 5: I'm like, what is going on?
Speaker 4: And I think they actually got a little heated. They have to take take a step back after Yeah, I think I saw Julian or or Terrell talk about that. I'm sorry, Okay, So they had to take a b yeah, damn, Yeah, it's very It's very intense some a lot of them.
Speaker 5: A lot of the scenes are very intense.
Speaker 7: I was saying, I know you talk about how different here real life is from Kimmy's, but what did you learn about surviving versus living, like actually living from Kimmy's character.
Speaker 5: That's a good question.
Speaker 4: I think I've always known or been informed about trauma responses, being in therapy and also being an advocate for youth and foster care, certain training that I have to go through, like or had to go through. I understand how people react and respond to certain things. But I think what Kimmy taught me is just a little bit more empathy for the decisions that people make, because that's the work of an actor, is justifying what somebody is doing and making it real. I have to make it real to me to play it. So I was asking myself, like, why why would.
Speaker 5: She not just leave? Why would she not die?
Speaker 4: And she's trying to survive, That's exactly it. So the stakes that people go through to simply try to survive on top of the things that they've already been through. And I think it made me very appreciative and very empathetic for the things that the.
Speaker 5: Decisions that people make.
Speaker 4: It doesn't necessarily make them right, but like, if we know everybody's story, you can probably rationalize it a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, you got the script, is there was there ever a moment and you be like, oh, hell no when you read something like nah, this is not this is not it will be like, let me call Tyler see if we could change this.
Speaker 3: You ain't gonna answer that. Don't let him Tyler Perry Villain read Tyler Perry Villain.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: Actually, there were things that I was like, oh my gosh, this is horrible, especially in season one some of the things with Kimmy and Roy, Kimmy and Jewels that dynamic. But it was more so questions I need to understand why why? And he's always very open to to talk to me about why in the show, right, why do you why do you feel like Kimmy is having a hard time not trusting her.
Speaker 5: Now husband.
Speaker 4: That is actually a very big difference between me and Kimmy. I'm probably a little too trusting. Like that was a question that happened on set. Tyler was like, if somebody were to just give you five thousand dollars wouldn't you be like, what's the catch?
Speaker 5: I was like, not me. It was like, you're so innocent?
Speaker 4: Maybe but learning again the trauma informed responses that Kimmy asked.
Speaker 5: Why would she trust him?
Speaker 4: He just met her, I know, but he also did a bunch of things for her to help her.
Speaker 5: What is the catch?
Speaker 3: You would take any of that home?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 3: You would be like you sure you still at the residence?
Speaker 5: Never never with him? Never with him.
Speaker 4: Maybe if somebody randomly gave me five thousand dollars, I'm might be like why, But not with him Organs.
Speaker 1: You know they.
Speaker 5: She's gonna come back then Organs.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: But although right now and in the beginning, I did feel like that, I felt like, no, I don't trust him because I felt like that.
Speaker 5: Super Then when you look from a viewer.
Speaker 4: Standpoint, when you look and you see all the bullshit that's going on outside of it, and he can't even trust his family.
Speaker 5: They don't trust each other. It's so much going on, and he about to die. You know what I'm saying? Who can he trust? He find this girl and he's like, who is Kimmy?
Speaker 4: She feels like she can't trust him, but he's showing and proven that he can be trusted at least, you know, for the greater good of what's happening, the grand scheme of things. Right, you want your sister back, you know, well, Keimmy wants her sister back. She wants out of this whole game. And it's things that he don't know either. He didn't even know about the night club situation or whatever, until you know, you made.
Speaker 5: Certain things relevant to him.
Speaker 4: Now he know, he's like, okay, he is using, but he still needs you and he still wants you to trust him.
Speaker 5: Why does it take so long for you to trust this, nigga? I mean, you're right, You're right, You're right.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, but still keep in mind from episode one of season two to episode sixteen, I think it's only been two to three days, it is.
Speaker 5: Yes, well, Damn Tyler, to your point, she is.
Speaker 4: I think she's warming up to him. Yeah, I think she's warming up. And I would hope that in part two or beyond that maybe she'll give him a chance. I don't I don't want to ruin anything.
Speaker 1: How do you criticism?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: But you see how passionate she is, and I'm sure people come up to you passionate all day long. Right, how do you handle criticism online? People might not liking a character that, Yeah, how do you handle that?
Speaker 4: That has been a new adjustment, Like to the question you asked me earlier, and honestly, I made a decision before the project even came out that.
Speaker 5: If I can look at one negative.
Speaker 4: Comment and it ruined my day or I feel like I need to justify something or different, then I need to respond to every single person showing love. Everybody's saying that they love the show or whatever. And if I can't respond to all of them, I don't need to respond to negativity because I'm not that type of person.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 4: I would say, like, I'm a pretty optimistic person. I'm a realistic person, but like I have a lot of drama and like stuff in my life, so I can't even worry about that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like I can't.
Speaker 4: There are people that I trust to give me real feedback, like what is the real assessment?
Speaker 5: And then we keep it going.
Speaker 3: You said it was kind of hard.
Speaker 6: I'm saying the word victim, but you said it was kind of hard to play of I guess a victim like role. So as the character, Yeah, with the character as the character evolved, was it easier for you to go from victim to vindicate it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I think one it is just easier to play somebody not in that situation. I have more life experience as a person who was more empowered. But I think in wanting to protect her, that's why I was having such a difficult time, like, oh my gosh, why is this happening in her? Being able to have that vindication and play that out so soon into the second season is a real treat as an actor. I feel like with a lot of characters that begin one way and then they grow into this boss, we might see that over like three four or five seasons, but with her, it happened kind of quick, So it's it is fun to be able to do that.
Speaker 2: I do like that.
Speaker 5: I do like that quick turnaround of character development. That's cool.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask you know, you spoke about it earlier, you having help on setting people talking to you got in through the script, But I always wondered, is it easy to talk to like a human traffic victim before to get their feeling, to get their mindset of why and how and when? Because I'm sure from your side you don't understand because you've never been in that situation, so it's easy to you know, find that out. Is that something that you've done when it came to.
Speaker 4: These roles, Yeah, because I was having a difficult time understanding why not just leave?
Speaker 5: I would rather be dead than deal with that. I would, but that's not Kimmy.
Speaker 4: So I did speak to somebody that had been through a situation like.
Speaker 5: That, and a lot of times people trafficking.
Speaker 4: I think is a very formal word to describe what can happen to people and they don't even know until they're trying to get out of it. So doing research online YouTube is a great resource, just trying to understand the mindset not only of how you got in the situation, why you stayed in it, but what did it take to get out? And that's the real resiliency. Obviously, Kimmy is in a fictional world and the sugar daddy with no sugar came and took her out. But for a lot of people, that is a mindset shift that needed a lot of help, a lot of support, a lot of work to get out of that lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Did you understand it more after having those conversations and doing that research. Yeah, absolutely, How was it?
Speaker 6: How was it received by the person though, because that's a person's real life and you're talking to them, you know, trying to get I guess game for a role. How did they receive you even asking them the questions?
Speaker 4: Oh, I already knew, already knew her and she was open because she's past that now.
Speaker 5: But I mean it is a with that situation.
Speaker 4: It was like a pimp situation, not necessarily human traffic king when you're thinking somebody's being kidnapped and whatever. But she was open I think to get out of that. Most survivors not would be open to be exploited, but.
Speaker 5: To share that story especially.
Speaker 7: Yeah, have you had other women that are currently going through that or that have recently gotten out of those situations reach out to you and like is that a heavyweight?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: On social media they have, particularly more so in for a season than this season. And again, as an advocate, I just want to help everybody.
Speaker 5: I try to like connect.
Speaker 4: People to resources or if you can't text or you can't do something, then I could text for you, and then people I wouldn't hear from them or whatever, so that that is difficult, but I just pray for them.
Speaker 5: How is it working with the legendary Otis?
Speaker 4: Otis is still look good mans ever since I watched your.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's wonderful. Like he walks in, he's just so New York. He be like, good morning, good morning, queen, good morning queen.
Speaker 4: He's just great, and he's so grounded, and he's really really fun to work with. Back and forth, but like every scene that we have together is always so intense and horrible, and he's always like it's okay, okay, okay, and I'm like, I'm fine, I'm fine. But it was good working with him. I love that favorite character on the show. I can't say yourself, I love I honestly love Horace. It's something about him, even in that hospital bed, I have faith that he's gonna get out. I love Horace, but I love Mallory's one liners. There's why I love all of them.
Speaker 5: That girl will be listening. She I love Malory. It's like love hate, but I do. I love her.
Speaker 4: I love her on the show, but no, Horace is my favorite. And he fine, and I'm right, but he he father fine, you know, takes very good care of himself.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, How do you see.
Speaker 3: The role of Kimmy shaping like the next phrase of your career.
Speaker 5: M I would hope that.
Speaker 4: The dynamic shift that Kimmy takes in the Journey of Beauty and Black would open up doors for me to play roles that I haven't played before. It's interesting that a lot of the roles that I played before are always I mean, I played an assassin, stripper, I've played a mean girl. I played things like that, and it's like there's so many more layers to me and things that I'm actually not like any of those. I haven't played a character that's like myself yet. So I would hope that she can keep exploring the dynamics of her and from that maybe Hollywood will take note and be like, yeah, I could see her as this too. Now, if you knew somebody right that wanted to be on the show, like one of your friends, and being as though you'd be around Tyland and I know he always looking for new actors and stuff, you know, how would you pitch to him, I got this girl want to be on the show.
Speaker 5: Is that something that you would do?
Speaker 1: What's wrong?
Speaker 5: Bright? I don't know you got friends replace you?
Speaker 4: Baltimore, for example, say he is looking for somebody else, you know, to be a stripper, really good at that. How would you say, yo, sala I got this girl. Does he allow for conversations like that, Yeah.
Speaker 5: He's very collaborative.
Speaker 4: I might be looking at the scripts, maybe a new season or something like, wow, there's a character I know somebody that would be great and and I would make a great promises person like.
Speaker 1: I would be would great.
Speaker 5: Crazy, just let me know, let you know, go ahead and you know, sliping the lord. You know, just it's been auditioning.
Speaker 4: Wow, yeah, you never got back to us, so just just you know, hit him great period.
Speaker 3: So many shows a real yeah, which one.
Speaker 5: I'll send them, you know, sisters and the which one? The one the oval? Yes, and then it's another one.
Speaker 4: Uh. It was like something like a war situation happening. It was one of the No, but I did want for that too, but it was another one. Damn it was another show.
Speaker 5: It was crazy.
Speaker 4: It was it was all the time, like eighty shows. Like I know what I'm saying, I've auditioned for all of them without.
Speaker 5: People even knowing.
Speaker 1: But so special for you.
Speaker 5: Okay, cool, I just just tell them. Yeah the interview, that's great, you get okay, I think you can be so much?
Speaker 8: What is this my last?
Speaker 5: I'm serious, but I forget.
Speaker 7: Oh oh, So you talked a bit about like when people come to you on the street and they have criticisms right when you guys so on the other side, like we see people criticize Tyler Perry's movies for different things. I know when Divorce in Black came out, people have so much to say and then the Amazon number dropped, numbers dropped, and y'all drove up the Amazon Prime subscriptions better than any other MGM movie. Right, So it's kind of like a checkmate. How does the cast feel when you're watching all that play out? But you can't really say anything? And like, what is Tyler Perry telling y'all? Like y'all get off the internet? Like how is he responding to that?
Speaker 5: In real time? He doesn't tell us anything.
Speaker 4: I think getting to know him and working with him and being on set he instilled in us you focus on doing what you do. There are people who are gonna talk, people are gonna love it, hate it. Whatever you do what God has intended for you to do, and that's all you should worry about.
Speaker 5: So for me even with the voice in the Black.
Speaker 4: That was probably when I changed my dynamic with looking at comments and like looking at Twitter and hashtags and things like that, because you know, I'm proud of what I do. And then you look and it's like, oh, you see negative things and it's like, I'm not even gonna let that consume me. I already did my job. So if that's how you feel about it, that's how you feel about it.
Speaker 5: But you why period? No, my wig was good. Oh the whole time. The hair department was great.
Speaker 3: I don't know. People complain about the wigs on Tyler Perry productions.
Speaker 4: Anyway, you kill the role you. I love Beauty and Black. I'm invested in the show. I'm not just saying so you can go ahead and tell Tyler get me wrong. I really do love Beauty and Black. I'll be in here telling him about about it all the time about it. This nigga is lying, Sarah, He is lying.
Speaker 2: The one thing.
Speaker 7: The gay guys remember it was something about it, but remember you could I remember.
Speaker 5: That's my favorite. That's about my other favorite. And that's all he well. The brother, oh my god, he's so funny.
Speaker 2: Was the first that the Median Black.
Speaker 1: That scene that was a fruitcake one.
Speaker 2: Right, that was when he when he dropped his pants.
Speaker 5: And I know you're gonna miss ask talking. Yeah, Black, I love about three months.
Speaker 1: That's what wanted to.
Speaker 5: Watch, trying to be on it too. That's the was that was definitely mean.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 7: Yes, That's how I found out about the shows, because you kept telling me about the If you watched it, you would know.
Speaker 2: I didn't want the first He's in the beauty.
Speaker 5: So so so what happened with yours?
Speaker 1: They thought he was?
Speaker 5: I know that first the first first season they got his.
Speaker 6: Car right hold on, Now that Beauty and Black is when somebody gets killed and then it's the old game. The club.
Speaker 2: Yeah, watching the script, but he wanted the man.
Speaker 7: Club at one point.
Speaker 5: Yeah he was.
Speaker 2: He was in the Script club, but then she got us hurd.
Speaker 5: You just really time I came in here talking about the gay scenes, first, he would have been.
Speaker 2: I watched a lot of Tier Priences, but it's just all a blurred. I'm like that because that was last year I watched it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could have watched the new Yeah, Kimmy, whatever he listen, I this Charles is does Charles do I always yes, I knew it.
Speaker 5: I should have mentioned that he's one of my favorite characters too, because he is funny.
Speaker 4: Funny, Yeah, I knew. I knew all that wasn't written down. I'm like Charles as is just impriving all that he's funny.
Speaker 7: Is there a date for the second part of the second season, Not that I know of yet.
Speaker 5: It's coming.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's that's for sure. I feel like last time it was a couple of months. So maybe at the top of next year.
Speaker 5: The people what they want to know. I've seen so many fake posters the dates. We don't have a thing. Okay, well I'll be waiting.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for joining us this morning.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Taylor, thank for having me.
Speaker 1: I want to I want to say, yeah, what's what's the middle name? Holla door, Taylor Williams. I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: The way your career is going, it's gonna be a the time. He's never gonna forget your name, that's right.
Speaker 5: And you make sure you forget his.
Speaker 1: I won't.
Speaker 5: Yes, I do, Thank you, d J.
Speaker 1: And what school does she go to? HB Cut It doesn't even matter. Nobody went to that school.
Speaker 7: Delaware at University because she went to one and she and I know you did where he goes. You got.
Speaker 1: Remember that.
Speaker 5: That's what's Upke?
Speaker 1: You again. Don't look overre.
Speaker 5: I ain't going to college? Can Ken just looking like.
Speaker 2: You're gonna stop down playing?
Speaker 6: Brooklyn Community College, Baltimore, Bimore, Baltimorro She got hot, socis leave her alone.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast club going. I'm sorry, Taylor.
Speaker 6: Every day a weak picks up the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: You don't finish the y'all done