Speaker 1: First Day to follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocates law dot com.
Speaker 2: Nicholas is on the phone today for a first Day follow up and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Lauren. So we're gonna call her in a little bit and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another day. But first, Nicholas, how long has it been since you heard from Lauren?
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, probably like five.
Speaker 4: Days or so.
Speaker 5: But how often did you, guys communicate leading up to that?
Speaker 3: What do you mean like being like leading up to being ghosted?
Speaker 6: I guess I've.
Speaker 1: Been leading up to the date. Was it like you matched somewhere and you decided to go directly on a date or were you talking for a little while before that?
Speaker 3: So we met at a like a wine charity event. We were both there for work, and you know, we bumped into each other. We're looking at some of the items that are going for like a silent auction, and there were just like some crazy stuff so that were coming for auction. So we just you know went through made fun and some of the items together there and stuff like that, weird items.
Speaker 6: So that's how you met. That sounds fun though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I mean we you know, we exchange numbers and just decided to go to dinner our first real date together. So I took her to like find the pizza place. We've got something to eat lost. You know, we talked about our jobs, pets, you know, where we want to go, like our dream vacations, you know what we're looking for. On the partner, it was it was really easy.
Speaker 5: Did your wants and stuff line up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it sounded like we were on the same page. I mean, she she spent the entire time last thing. You know, we had a really good date, so, I mean I was a little bit nervous actually on the on the dates, so I was a little bit digity filled the water on myself. When the first pizza came, I knocked on the floor. I was, my god, I was I was mortified.
Speaker 6: You didn't pick up the pizza and eat it after.
Speaker 3: But you know, she she laughed and you know, she laughed and it was so it didn't seem like it was.
Speaker 6: That big of a deal.
Speaker 3: You know, we got another bottle of wine and I could, like none of it happened, so it seemed like everything went well.
Speaker 5: A nice way to recover from that.
Speaker 1: Honestly, you've been there. I definitely spilled all over myself more than once. So it's okay. How did everything end?
Speaker 3: I think it went it ended well. I mean, you know, when when she was leaving, we kissed each other in the cheek and she was such a great time and you know I put her in the uber and she had a big smile on her face. So I felt like it went really well.
Speaker 6: And did you guys talk out all after the date?
Speaker 3: No, that's it not all I've I've called her twice, exted her nothing.
Speaker 6: Why do you think she's ghosting you?
Speaker 3: I have no clue. Maybe the pizza thing. Maybe she thought I was like a nervous person.
Speaker 6: Okay, but that you can't think of anything?
Speaker 3: No, I mean to me, everything went well. The only thing to think of is, like, like I said, like I was really nervous and I came off a little bit fidgety and stuff. But I don't think anything else.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we'll see if we can figure out for you to play a song, come back and then call her and see will tell us why she's ghosting you and maybe get you another date. Okay, awesome, Thanks guys, all right, play song come back, Get your first dae follow up next.
Speaker 6: If you're just joining us for today's first day follow up.
Speaker 2: Nicholas is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Lauren. We're about to call her and see if she's tell us why she's ghosting him, and maybe get him another date. But before we do that, Nicholas, why don't you remind everybody about your date with Lauren.
Speaker 3: I went about how we met. We at a wine charity event. But you know, after that, we went on our first real date, went to this really fancy pizza place. Everything went well. I mean I was a little bit nervous. I spilled the first pizza, but everything ended really well. Put her on an uber and you know, you gave each other a kissing my cheek and she had a really big smile on face. So I assume everything went well.
Speaker 6: Neighbor with the big smile, he sounds like, yeah, it does, all right. Well, are you ready for us to call her?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. Hello, Hi, man, I speak to Lauren. Please, Hello Lauren. My name is Jubel and I host the Rats Show. It's called The Jebel Show.
Speaker 5: Hi, Lauren Whole shows Here. My name is Nina. Hi, I'm Victoria.
Speaker 6: How are you Hi?
Speaker 4: Good? God? How are you guys?
Speaker 6: Good? Do you listen to the show?
Speaker 4: Of course?
Speaker 6: Thanks? Well have you ever heard a first day follow up before? Then?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Here you a what if I told you were about to be the star of one?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we got an email about you from someone that you're ghosting.
Speaker 4: But I'm ghosting anyone?
Speaker 2: Is there anybody that you went out on a date with that you're not calling back or not talking to?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean I'm dating. I mean I'm on the absence stuff like that. So I have gone on a couple of days recently.
Speaker 6: Yes, have you gone on a date with the dude named Nicholas?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Well Nicholas emailed us because he says you're ghosting him.
Speaker 7: Well, not boasting him. I mean it was one date. So it's not like it's not like serious commitment or anything like that. It was it was literally one date.
Speaker 6: Okay, but you so, but you are not talking to him on purpose?
Speaker 7: Yeah kind of, But it's not like it's not quite like that because there just wasn't really anything that would warrant us for a second date.
Speaker 5: You know, that's not what he thinks.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean he's he's a really sweet guy, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 4: I mean we went to an event.
Speaker 7: We had a good time, but that's like that's not really First of all, that was not a date. That was something that we both just happened to be at. So let's cratch that as being a date. We did go to a pizza place, and yes, that was a date, but honestly, I mean it was one date. It was fun, it was fine, but I wasn't like, oh my gosh, I can't wait to go on another date with Nicholas, like I have to have him in my life type thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, anything happened, well no, I mean, like I said, he was really sweet.
Speaker 4: He definitely was super nervous and it was cute.
Speaker 7: It was definitely cute, but he and I don't even care. Like he did spill some stuff, like he spilled his drink, he spilled the pizza. I was like, okay, they's play kind of cute and funny, but it wasn't somebody that was like.
Speaker 4: Knocking it out of the park for me.
Speaker 7: Or anything like that. And we had wine, so that's all, you know, that makes it super fun too. But other than that, I mean, yeah, we had some good conversations, but there are conversations do you have in a first date with everyone, right, Like, Okay, where do you want to go on vacation? I want to go to Ireland?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Do you have any pets?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: My dog is named Junior. I am oh.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't say bored, but he wasn't up to my level. I guess that makes me sound really snotty.
Speaker 5: But if you want to say not on your level, that's your choice.
Speaker 7: Well, no, he's just like he. I don't think that him and I would have like a fun time together all the time.
Speaker 5: Okay, just no chemistry.
Speaker 4: Do you guys see what I'm saying. Yes, okay, well it sounds way better, by the way.
Speaker 6: Thanks for telling us. Appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, And Nicholas is on the phone and has been listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 6: I should show you that.
Speaker 4: Hey, Lauren, that's fine. Hi, how are you. I'm good.
Speaker 3: I was just I know, to me, it just seemed like you had a really good time on the data. I mean, you were smiling the whole time, and everything seemed like it was going really well.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, I mean I was smiling person. I'm a smiley person anyway. And the other thing is like we're drinking wine. I had a couple of gummies. So I it's just I would be me, you know, I just I was living my bed life.
Speaker 5: That always helps a little bit, I would imagine.
Speaker 3: So why did you say that we should do it again? Then?
Speaker 4: Well, that's just what people say. It's like the plight thing.
Speaker 7: Like, it's like the same thing when I run into an acquaintance acquaintance, Oh we should.
Speaker 4: Hang out sometimes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm probably not going to hang out with them. We're just acquaintances. It's just something you say, Oh yeah we should go out again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, sure whatever, I get it.
Speaker 7: You guys seem like you're tugging me.
Speaker 6: I'm not. Yeah, well, like when.
Speaker 7: You go to date, you know how, Like when I go on a date, I like to have a little bit of something to make the date fun and kind of get me through it, because you know, when you're on these apps and you're going on so many dates.
Speaker 4: You just need to like, you know, chill.
Speaker 7: So that's why I might have seemed a little extra flirty or a little extra smiley, because I just had a little courage, you know, a little little gummy courage, you know, and I wanted to be myself as much as possible and not be super nervous. Would he obviously would. Honestly, you should probably take a gummy or two before going on dates.
Speaker 4: Okay, Am I right? Am I right? I get it.
Speaker 3: I mean, doesn't really feel like you're being yourself because you got to take something, you know, to switch you out of the mental state that you're in. So it doesn't sound like you're being yourself if you're taking a gummy. But it's cool. I get it. You know, you do whatever you want. But I'm not into drugs, so.
Speaker 4: It's not drugs. It's a gummy. It's like chill pill.
Speaker 6: Have you et someone that right now? This call?
Speaker 4: I wish?
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, I probably would be a lot more.
Speaker 2: Work by day, Lauren, Would you like go with with Nicholas on another day?
Speaker 6: We'll pay for it.
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Not really?
Speaker 6: Okay, sorry.
Speaker 7: Nicholas fight like he's super sweet, but he's just different. His world is different than my world.
Speaker 5: It's probably a good thing for you than Nicholas to know that your worlds are different, so you can find somebody in your world.
Speaker 3: Sure, that's fine. I don't want to go with a drug addict anyway.
Speaker 7: I'm not a freaking drug addict. I Oh, okay, so I like to have some gummies whenever I'm you know, going to on dates.
Speaker 4: Like that's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 3: All right, cool. I mean that's your thing, whatever.
Speaker 4: It is my thing.
Speaker 7: Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: You guys like he's just kind of boring.
Speaker 5: It's cool.
Speaker 1: It just sounds like you guys are different. Yeah, it's all right, it's very different.
Speaker 2: But thank you for thank you for taking the time to explain that to us and Nicholas, thank you for doing the first thing.
Speaker 5: Follow up your next day.
Speaker 6: Appreciate it, guys.
Speaker 5: Judie Thirsty follow up