Speaker 1: The following He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw Dating, preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your host, Nicole Hutcheson.
Speaker 3: All right, Cowboys Nation, Welcome in into today's episode of Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Jig Saw, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. In the SWBC studio. I'm Nicole, sent alongside Jessinvarrees and we got jazz money.
Speaker 4: We got the ladies in the stow.
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 6: What's popping off?
Speaker 5: It's a good day today. That's a good day.
Speaker 3: Little rainy outside, yeah, but for the most part was pretty sonny, good weather.
Speaker 6: It was hot, it's humans humid. It's like the rain stopped just.
Speaker 7: For us to go outside and then start pouring when we came back in.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 3: I feel like the rain stopped because they knew good things were coming.
Speaker 6: Right, sure, we'll get things were coming.
Speaker 3: We were the good things coming outside, you know for practice.
Speaker 5: Well, they know sugar melts, oh, because they're so sweet.
Speaker 6: Get it.
Speaker 3: I didn't get that one because we're so sweet, we're here now, we're here now, so sweet.
Speaker 8: Thing of practice, I didn't get a recommendation for them for the name of our like or my my little Are we.
Speaker 6: Calling it a yes?
Speaker 8: I don't know how I feel about it, but they were making light of how I kept saying, well, we're not out there for very long, and so they were like, what if you call it?
Speaker 6: Just a few minutes with Jazz, and I liked it.
Speaker 4: I liked it as.
Speaker 8: Long as people know it's in the context of this show, because I can take it out of this show.
Speaker 6: It could sound like something very different. But I like that.
Speaker 3: Who came with my brother a few minutes.
Speaker 7: His name is Gyrus Genius.
Speaker 5: That's cute.
Speaker 4: That's actually really dope.
Speaker 3: All right, just a few minutes with Jess.
Speaker 6: I liked it.
Speaker 5: That's cute.
Speaker 6: What you noticed from practice?
Speaker 3: And then we'll go to the practice report.
Speaker 8: So today I got to see ceed lamplexus juggling skills, which apparently is reportedly from someone else, is reportedly a hand eye coordination thing. I wasn't sure what was going on there, but yeah, so CD's pretty good at juggling. That's probably the biggest takeaway from our few minutes at practice. I got to see some of the guys working on some of their like vision obstruction and catching balls at the jugs. Here's here's an interesting thing I noticed from this past weekend. And I know we're going to talk about the Saint today, but that interception that Eric Kendrick's got, because like if you watch the film, if you watch the tape, you see that he like gets pushed, he spins around and then he's just like catches the ball in the air. And when I saw it, I was like thinking of the drill that they did, because when I saw them at practice last week, the ball was literally being thrown from behind them and people were like waving their hands in his face and then he catched it.
Speaker 6: And I was like, Oh, that actually like paid off.
Speaker 7: And I think that's a new drill this year specifically, it might be I don't remember seeing that last year.
Speaker 3: I don't think I ever saw that last year.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so now we know it works like it did its job. So that was another fun thing to watch. And outside of that, it was just a lot more than usual. Saw like the defensive guys working on there. They're working a lot on past blocking today on like, uh, you know, blocking a guy and then reaching up to bat down a ball. So that was fun to watch a few minutes.
Speaker 3: A few minutes now we got a little second of this practice report.
Speaker 4: All right, that's right, it's fine, it is.
Speaker 7: I still don't get it.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, because you know what, I'll be hyping you out with your little point.
Speaker 5: No, I'm genuinely.
Speaker 4: No, it's fine, it's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 6: Here's a practice report from today.
Speaker 4: Wait, my computer just uh, there we go. H.
Speaker 3: Of course, let's just note that today is Veterans Rest Day if they choose so. So Brandon Cooks was limited, C J. Goodwin Limited, Eric Kendricks Limited, and that was obviously rest day.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then you had Marshaun Neelan who did not participate, DeMarcus Lawrence Limited, Zach Martin Limited. John Stevens did not participate as well. He's still dealing with that hamstring. He was off to the side working with Brown on the bands and the Saints.
Speaker 6: Let's look at theirs.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, I do want.
Speaker 7: To say, well, you're while you're looking for that, I did catch up with John Stevens in the locker room today. He did tell me he feels night and day compared to what he felt last week, and so still day by day at this point with him, but it is trending upward, which you always want to hear from a player, especially iy like John Stevens Junior, who just gosh, I'm like just waiting for his season debut.
Speaker 3: And hopefully soon just because of the fact that he flashed last year before his injury.
Speaker 7: Jake Ferguson, Jake Ferguson day to day also for sure need all the depth you can get in that tight end, and we're going.
Speaker 3: To talk about that later in the show. But here's the Saints' injury poort. Jalen Ford Limited.
Speaker 4: You had Fueg I'm sorry, I'm still struggling with that name.
Speaker 3: Talise Talisa Fuega Limited, Dallan Hulker Limited, DeMarco Jackson did not participate, Marshaan Latimar did not participate, Tyron Matthew did not participate, Foster Moreau Limited, Lucas Patrick did not participate at Perry full participant in of course, and then Caitlin Saunders did not participate. So that report is obviously a little bit lengthy, but just starting with you know, Mike McCarthy. We heard from him today in the press conference, and one of the things that kind of stood out to me was he they spent all summer in Cleveland, all summer preparing for Cleveland. Yeah, so now they're back in that seven day workflow when they come back Mondays, you know, preparing for the next opponent. My question to y'all ladies is, do y'all think that this, the fact that they did have so long to prepare for Cleveland is the reason why they pretty much dominated that game and you look ahead at the Saints. Do y'all think that that could carry over into this week?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, such a short amount of time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know what I'd be curious to really dive into with that, specifically is the week of the Saints game. So last week, when I was talking to players, they told me that they spent the week before really deep diving.
Speaker 5: Into the fine tune details of it.
Speaker 7: It didn't sound like they were like just strictly honed in on the Browns for the longevity of the summer. So I wonder if that was more of a coaching thing them kind of preparing and in that sense taking it to the team the week before, because the week before was really what they used to fine tune. I had told you, like who steps on what foot before they take off, what they're dominant handed, I mean things just the most I don't know the tiniest details, so I'm wondering how much of it was just coaching, and then how much of it was players involved in that as well.
Speaker 8: I think obviously having that much time to look at film and prepare for an opponent is going to make a big difference. I think it'll carry over to the Saints though, because a lot of the things that they had to work on in order to be prepared for the Browns they're going to use against the Saints. Yea, And Mike McCarthy has always been big on building like one week after the other, one section of the season after another, So he just seems like the type of coach who.
Speaker 6: Would have thought about that going into Week one.
Speaker 8: So yeah, I'm pretty sure that there are some things that they can build off of and take with them into this into this week against the Saints.
Speaker 3: What's the number one thing you want to see from this offense? This Sunday.
Speaker 7: Consistency, the consistency of you set your standard and now continue to build upon it, you know, as.
Speaker 3: Far as what's their standard in your eyes.
Speaker 7: You want to you want to take the good from the bad last year, continue to win at home as well. And here's the thing too, about the offense specifically is now Mike McCarthy, we talked a.
Speaker 5: Little bit about this last week.
Speaker 7: I believe you can continue to get more creative with the play calling as the opponent you know, becomes for foreseeable for h whatever special packages and stuff he has. But overall, I want to see growth. I want to see consistency. Last week was setting the standard across the league, not even just the Cowboys. Everybody set their own standard. So you know, we're we're gonna be talking about the Saints coming off of such a blowout win that they had, and we'll get into that later, but you know, well a little different, but but they set their standard for sure. The Cowboys now setting their standard as far is, you know, defensively, which we'll talk about later, being able to create takeaways, they're blitz packages, everything of that nature. Cowboys often specifically, though, I want to continue to see the confidence growing within these younger guys. Uh Tyler Guy and Cooper Bebee talk to him a little bit in the locker room today because something that we talked about on Monday was Schottenheimer mentioning his command of the offense and how notable it is.
Speaker 5: And I asked him, I said, where did that come from?
Speaker 7: And he said, you know, you'd be so surprised. I didn't say a word. When I came into this building.
Speaker 5: I was quiet. I was so to myself. And I said, so, what changed?
Speaker 7: And he said, having Dak Prescott's confidence in me, having my quarterback come up to me and say I trust what you're doing. He said, it continued to rapid fire his confidence throughout this process, the guys around him. He said, you know when a Zach Martin's coming up to you and saying that you're doing a good job, He's like, I would take those a's pretty much little wins. And so I want to continue to see that, and when things get difficult, or if they get difficult, I don't want to see them deer away from still going on an upward trend.
Speaker 8: That I definitely want to see some more growth. I mean, we saw some really good things obviously from the offense, but are there are also little things that I think they can improve upon that things that I think we talked about going into Week one, things like the blocking assignments for the run game. And for the most part, I think the run game looked a lot better than what a lot of people thought it was gonna then how a lot of people thought it was gonna look. But I think the reason why people had the expectations they did is because of what we saw last season. There was actually a lot of room for even more production than what we did see. So there were a couple of instances where you saw a runner going through a gap that maybe wasn't optimal. Now I don't know if that was the runner's fault or if that was because of blocking assignments being missed, but little things like that I would like to see get cleaned up. Tyler Geyton, I hope he's not mad at me for calling them out. But on paper, he did great two pressures right one set, which a lot of people expected worse from the rookie. But if you're watching the film, you see a lot of instances where he's getting pushed back, where people are shedding him very easily, and like, yes, Miles, it was Miles Garrett in a lot of those situations, like so the reigning defensive player of the year, like what you expected. Yeah, but I would like to see him hold his ground a little bit more and kind of dictate the movement between him and the guy across from him a little bit better and not get pushed back so much and not get moved around so much.
Speaker 6: So yeah, overall, just growth.
Speaker 8: Like a lot of those little things that a team might watch the film and be like, Okay, we're going to take advantage of that, Mett.
Speaker 6: I would like them to see it. I would like to see them clean it up.
Speaker 3: And speaking of this offensive line, how much of facing Miles Garrett, Zadarius Smith, that whole defensive line from the Browns do you feel like prepared Tyler, Guiden and Cooper bebe for you know, Chase Young, Cam Jordan, those guys.
Speaker 5: I mean, and not to mention their own teammates.
Speaker 7: When you have this top caliber defense that you know and you didn't necessarily know what to sspect under Mike Zimmer, I think that's still to be determined. Despite a very successful Week one, you have a guy like Michael Parsons. You have a tank, you have an Eric Kendricks, you have so many weapons that you're going against day to day, and you're tired of the iron sharpens iron mentality.
Speaker 5: But it is true.
Speaker 7: So I feel like any preparation, and this rookie class specifically is so special.
Speaker 5: I think because they're.
Speaker 7: So coachable and they want to learn. Any experience they have gotten, they've taken really big leaps and bounds from you know, specifically when you're talking about Cooper b B Tyler guy in and then you even look at the bigger picture of them having to fit into this O line that was used to working together. But now you have a new center, you have a new guy taking command. I mean, you're not with Tyler Biattis who you were used to before, Tyron Smith no longer. They're obviously huge shoes to feel So I think, you know, to answer your question, it's it's going to continue to be a work of work in progress for this offensive line. But overall, I mean their coach, they want to learn and they're picking it up like sponges physically.
Speaker 8: I think players like that will prepare them. But this week we're going to be looking at a completely different scheme, like Joe Wood has completely different tendencies and what Jim Schwartz had. So yeah, that's going to be a new challenge for them as far as like what they're reading in real time. But I don't want to like insult anybody. I don't think in terms of that it'll be as big of a challenge. But as far as you know, preparing for players like who you mentioned, Chase Young, yeah, I don't have too many major concerns. My main concerns right now, which is something that I want to watch a little bit more film on, is just like how they were doing the blitz against the Panthers and I and I don't know because of like what you mentioned on the injury report. If marshallmore I can talk today, I promise, Okay. If Marshawn Lattimore is out, then a lot of the ways that they use Alante Taylor they might not be able to do that again, you know. So I really think it's going to depend on how Joe Wood decides to approach the Cowboys and what he decides to do. So physically, yes, they're more than prepared, but as far as that scheme is going to be interesting to see what they're able to keep and what they have to completely switch up because of the opponent and who is or isn't available.
Speaker 7: It's interesting I started it and then jumping around the table.
Speaker 3: Now it's interesting that you bring that up. One thing that I did also notice from Joe Wood's scheme is that he brings every a lot of people up to the line of scrimmage and disguises things so well, I mean he'll drop safety a Lante Taylor, Yeah, and he'll bail. You have two linebackers that sometimes bail, and you'll just never know what is going to happen with this defense. So my question to y'all is how difficult is that for you know, Mike McCarthy offense that's still I'd say we set the standard, but really have to do much in week one. So how difficult do you feel like it will be for this offense?
Speaker 8: I do think that the Cowboys are better prepared to defend against the blitz than the Panthers or I also think, well, we all know that Dak Prescott is one of the best quarterbacks against the blitz anyway. So with it being that, that was like one of the things that stood out about how they took advantage of the Panthers. If they think they're going to do that again, I think it's not going to be nearly as successful because, like I think the last time that Zeke was here, like he was known for being a good blocker. But this during Week one, we saw Zeke picking up blitzes. We saw CD do it, we saw Rico Dudel do it. We saw instances where there were like three Titans on one side of the line who were handling the defense. So I feel like they just have so many different ways of how they handle that. I just don't see the Saints posing as far as that particular part of their defense. I don't see it posing as big of an issue. So they're definitely going to have to find another way to attack the Cowboys and try to take advantage of them.
Speaker 7: For me, that it kind of keys off of you have the advantage of getting to work against a Mike Zimmer every week as well, because he's also very good at window dressing and disguising, especially when it comes to the blitz. I was watching online today I saw video pop up on my timeline and.
Speaker 5: I wish I remember who posted it. But it's on my timeline.
Speaker 7: If you go look and what you see is how the linebackers, So you have a demo and and Eric Hendricks kind of go up to the line when they see the running back, the running back drops forward to try to protect to Sean and then they drop back. So what you just described is very much so kind of up Mike Zimmer's alley anyways. So to have a blitzing, you know, defense that that's kind of what they got away with last week. That's also what they've kind of been practicing against with Mike Zimmer as well. And Mike Zimmer can give some great insight to the Cowboys offense and kind of how to neutralize that coming from the Saints.
Speaker 8: I'm like, please try it, because yeah, because if Marshaun Lattimore is out and you bring a Lonte Taylor down, okay, then who's who's gonna be on CDM And if you do have somebody on cd LIM, then who's on Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 3: Some points like mess out and find out if you want.
Speaker 8: To right exactly some I'm like, yeah, yeah, absolutely no, please try that same game plan again. So I anticipate it'll either be a completely different game plan or they're just gonna kind of shoot themselves in the foot, because that would just with things being as they are right now, that would just not be smart on their part.
Speaker 6: I don't think all.
Speaker 5: Right, well, cowoverzation.
Speaker 3: I just want y'all to know that if y'all want to call in chat with us, our number is one eight ah eight eight five five two two nine seven.
Speaker 4: The number is one eight eight eight.
Speaker 3: Five five two two nine seven.
Speaker 4: Hit that line, hotline bling all right?
Speaker 3: Bet so h Cowboys Saints last meeting was in twenty twenty one. It was December. The Cowboys won that game, but that was obviously the Taysom Hill era when he was at quarterback. Now he is not Derek Carr.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 3: But now we're talking Cowboys offense Saints defense today. So with a question to y'all, is both teams pretty much on both sides of the ball, have something to.
Speaker 9: Prove this year.
Speaker 3: When you talk about on this Cowboys offense, they want to obviously take it.
Speaker 6: To new levels from last year.
Speaker 3: The Saints defense ninth and scoring defense, but their run defense was twenty second in the league in twenty twenty three. So what do y'all think the biggest challenge is for i'd say, facing the Saints defense that has so much to prove.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's also week two, so I feel.
Speaker 7: Like everybody kind of has something to prove, Like their storylines from last year are still leaking into this year because there hasn't been time to create new ones, you know. So I feel like everybody's kind of on the same level at that point. But I think for the Cowboys specifically, when you look at what they should prove, not what they have to what they need to prove is one play up on their strength. I mentioned earlier, start start at home with a win. You don't want to start because of what they did last year, the record breaking home wins. If they lose this game, guess what narrative is going to start following.
Speaker 5: Oh, they can't win at home now.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's just part of It's just part of it, and you guys know that. But overall, I also want to continue to see I want to see Mike McCarthy progressing as a play caller as well. And I say that because the first half of the game last week, impeccable phenomenal injected in my veins.
Speaker 5: I want more of that.
Speaker 7: I want I want the balanced run between Rico and Zeke. I want the run game to be in the room with us.
Speaker 5: If you will want.
Speaker 7: I want more of a balance. I want more distribution between your wide receivers. I want your tight ends to get involved. That was beautiful during the first half. Second half.
Speaker 5: Third downs? Yeah, girl, what was going on?
Speaker 7: And even Mike talked about that. I had asked him about it. What was the biggest difference, and he was like, the third downs. I mean, it wasn't happening. Our production in the third and third down. Cowboys were four and three and third downs throughout that game. So you obviously want to see that number go up as well. But I just want to continue to see him progressing as a play caller consistently throughout the entire game. I don't I understand adjustments and you know, in game adjustments, halftime adjustments, whatever the case is. I just want to continue to see him find what works for this offense to where it's a continuously good game.
Speaker 5: You don't have to sit here and say the first half was so good, second half wasn't.
Speaker 7: I want a continuously good game throughout the entirety of it.
Speaker 3: That's what I want.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Mike McCarthy has become kind of known for not really fully going into the playbook until later in the season, so I experienced those same frustrations. But at the same time, I was just like, this is what he does is we won. We're not going to see the good stuff till later. So it's it's whatever. Like they had such a big lead, I was like, they probably are just gonna play it safe and be conservative, and that's not something I would expect him to say out loud, but I'm just like, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.
Speaker 6: They're like, yeah, yeah, we're doing good on third Yeah, you're not wrong, You're not wrong.
Speaker 5: I hated that.
Speaker 8: But when it comes to the Saints defense and them having something to prove, not only do the players have something to prove, because you know, they've it's what been three seasons since they've seen the postseason, you know, but maybe yeah, either way, it's been.
Speaker 6: At least three, maybe six.
Speaker 8: But not only that, but the defensive coordinator he has some things to prove because he had a very unceremonious exit from the Browns, and there were there were a lot of people who were criticizing the Saints even taking him on because they're like, Yo, this guy just got fired for inconsistent performances, not being able to show up when it mattered in terms of what he put on the field, uh, and how how he taught his players to approach the game. And now you're going to bring him to a team that's already kind of in this like weird transition with losing so many of their stars and important coaches. So he's kind of at a point where his reputation is on the line. So I really feel like what we're going to see from the two teams is like on the defensive side, I one hundred percent expect them to try to pull out all the stops, and we know how teams do whenever they face the Cowboys. Like some people say, oh, it's their Super Bowl. I'm not going to go that far, but it's just like they know people are watching, and there are so many teams who look completely different than what we see from them the rest of the season when they played the Cowboys. So I expect to see that again. With there being so much in terms of reputation on the line for this team, well, a lot to expect.
Speaker 4: Hopefully, we expect Jake Ferson.
Speaker 3: Back on the field, but we don't know yet. We will find out up next on Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jig Saw, the refurre dating part of the Dallas Cowboys will be very back.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 11: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby, the yin to this Burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the butt and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cold coola a journey to footopia burgers better with PEPSI.
Speaker 6: That's what I like.
Speaker 9: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who'll put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating today. Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: The Dickey family always mandated that the only police style sausage worthy of their restaurant must have high quality course ground beef and port rich spices and fresh natural casings. We still serve it to this day and it's so popular. Dickey Sausage has been.
Speaker 12: Named the official sausage of the Dallas Cowboys. The perfect matchup on game day Dickie's Barbecue Pit no one else smokes us. Order at Dickies dot com for groups called eight sixty six, Barber.
Speaker 7: Cu Yips on the Ribs, the Texas Am and m Aggie's in Arkansas Razorbacks returned to AH and D Stadium on September twenty eighth in the Southwest Classic. Don't miss your chance to catch this highly anticipated annual matchup. Tickets are on sale now at seak dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 4: Go ahead and get your tickets.
Speaker 6: Cowboys Nation, We.
Speaker 4: Have a little Fergie update.
Speaker 3: Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 4: Sorry with Patrick no c walker.
Speaker 3: He actually we heard from Jake Ferguson today in the locker room. But a little quick note from Patrick. He said about the mcl sprain that's barely a grade one. He asked him about you know, how much are you in pain? From a scale one to zero? I mean one to ten, and Jake Ferguson said, right now it's a zero, So yeah, it's good news. Yeah to hear from that.
Speaker 7: I talked to him a little bit too on the side and I asked him, you know, kind of what the feeling is just sitting there.
Speaker 5: He's like, I mean, right now, don't feel anything.
Speaker 7: When it happened, it was, he said. I explained it to the trainers as a weird feeling. He said, I don't even know how to explain it because it's something I've never dealt with before. He hasn't ever dealt with this kind of injury, so he didn't even know how to explain kind of what he was feeling. But definitely it sounds like he's on the up and up. It's just definitely going to be day by day still, which you hate to see, you hate to hear, But if you're looking for the glass half full, it definitely could.
Speaker 5: Have been a lot worse. And I think initially they thought it was if you look.
Speaker 8: At oh my, I was gonna say, like he went into a lot of detail with the media about what he was feeling, so that'll be something that'll be released later. But what the NCL does is it controls stability so a lot of times, and I'm not speaking for Ferguson, just to be clear, I'm describing what most athletes describe when they experience an injury to the NCL. But imagine that you're just walking and then all of a sudden, your knee just buckles and there's like a sharp pain and then you're just like, what was that? Yeah, And so that's usually what it feels like for most people. And so that's why when you're sitting down, you typically won't feel anything. Sometimes you can even walk around and you won't feel anything until you step a certain way, and then all of a sudden, your knee is like yeah, I really need that ligament and it's like, sorry, I can't stabilize an ouch pain.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, if we'll say if, because there's no news of whether or not Jake Ferguson will play against the Saints or not. They're optimistic, so he's going to still be working with a return to play group. But with the possibility of the Cowboys not having Jake, what kind of loss would this be as far as this passing game or just in general for this offense.
Speaker 7: I mean, well, now it's really up to Luke's schoonmaker to finally take that jump.
Speaker 5: And that's no shade to him.
Speaker 7: It's just you've been waiting for Luke to show out, and like, there he is, there's Luke schoon Maker. I talked to him a little bit in locker room today as well. He did tell me he got a litle little bit of extra time with Lunda than he normally would, just in case, you know, Jake's not ready to go. But overall, I mean, what.
Speaker 5: Impact does it have.
Speaker 7: You're at the point with that tight end room where Jake is your only viable, big threat name in that room.
Speaker 5: So one on one.
Speaker 7: Matchups, they're not going to take Luke Schoonmaker seriously. And and that's again no shade to him, it's just he hasn't I don't want to say he hasn't done much to be noticed. He also hasn't had opportunity based on the year the tight Ends had overall as a whole in general and their their lack of usage. But you're also eyeballing if John Stevens Junior can come back the status on that. But I thought it was interesting that they mentioned Hunter Lipkey, as Mike had mentioned it earlier this week, is you know, kind of another option. You have Brevan Spanford as well, but Hunter Lipkey kind of getting a little bit more involvement there with the tight Ends.
Speaker 5: So it's interesting.
Speaker 7: It definitely shuffles things around and it makes it difficult, but these guys have to step up and they have to start making names for themselves to be respected across this league.
Speaker 5: And that's it's now or ever. If Jake doesn't play.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I agree with you and I also thought that Luke mentioned was interesting, but I think, you know, it just kind of depends on how they plan on using these guys. But you know, Jake Ferguson was like last year, he's one of the favorite targets of Dak, you know, and so losing him means that there's space for other guys to step up in terms of not only receptions but also blocking. And actually, the bit about Schoonmaker, that's something that I probably should have mentioned when I was talking about the notes from practice, because I did see him for a few minutes when he was off to the side with Linda Well's. They were working on contact and his body positioning and pad level whenever going into contact. So looking it looked like they were preparing him for how he might need to do certain things in terms of carrying the ball. So you know, do with that information what you will. So but they were definitely preparing him. He definitely had some time to work on his own, So yeah, it looks like he's preparing himself to walk through that door that you mentioned.
Speaker 3: That's interesting that both of y'all note that Luke Schoonmaker was working off to the side with Lunda Wells because and this is again no shade to Luke. I have never seen him work one on one.
Speaker 5: With It's usually just Jake.
Speaker 3: It's usually just Jake, and that's what set him, separated him from the rest of the pack, because he's just constantly working. So I love to hear that. You know, Luke was obviously getting someone on one work with Lunda. And but how do y'all feel as far as Brevin spanned Ford, is there any confidence level in him maybe being the part the girl, the guy to kind of step up.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I talked to him last week because I really was hoping the tight Ends would be more involved in the red zone than they were last week.
Speaker 5: And what I feel like from Brevin is.
Speaker 7: Very much reminiscent to how I feel like Luke felt last year, you know, kind of still trying to find his footing, trying to find his place in this tight end room. But I feel like the confidence is growing for him, and it's he's one of those players that it takes one good play to get that going very much so Hunter lipkis last year of having just that one good play and it kind of jump starts you. But the big body tight end thing, I mean he's obviously he was somebody that stood out last year when we were talking about it on here, and you can use him to your advantage. I mean, you really, Dak has so many shiny toys he can play with, like in this tight end room that I think that's why I get so frustrated, because you have a big body, tight end that is hard to go on one on one matchups with, especially when you're gonna play the Saints, who are key on this man coverage that I was kind of watching earlier. So I think, again, if John Stevens can't go in, if Jake can't go, it's time.
Speaker 5: It's time for you guys to make names for yourselves. In week two, I think is the perfect time to do it. Yeah, it's a long season, do it now.
Speaker 8: I think if his number gets called, he'll be ready. I think he, like you said, hasn't had a lot of opportunity to show what he can do in the preseason. You know, obviously he's going through training camp. But when it came to those preseason games, it just kind of felt like the Titans didn't have the spotlight on them very much. In general, they just weren't use Trey Lance wasn't using Titans the same way that Dak Prescott typically uses his tight ends. And so I think now that he's getting some time on the field and figuring out where he fits in with the rest of this offense, and obviously the decision makers for the offense are figuring out what he's good at and how to use him. I think we'll see him show up a lot more as the season goes. So I haven't seen anything from him that would make me doubt him, that would make me be like, yeah, nah, he's not the one to depend on. But I do think that he just needs some more opportunities.
Speaker 7: And to that point too, you have to remember all summer they were kind of deciding how they were going to go about using Payton Hendershot or if they were going to use him, So that pushed him either even further back. So now, like you're mentioning Jess, he has an opportunity to kind of step forward without anybody ahead of him.
Speaker 5: Really, So we'll see.
Speaker 7: But yeah, he's I mean his college tape, I'm telling you, I remember when we were watching it back.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness. He's an exciting player if you can get him going. But we'll see, we'll.
Speaker 3: See how should the Cowboys attack the Saints defense.
Speaker 8: I mean, the first thing that stands out is that twenty second run defense. You know, there's no indication that that will have necessarily improved. So I would say, like, we did pretty well with the run game last week in terms of yards per carry, So I would say, like keep that going, like, let's improve upon that, and let's keep using that. I also think that you know, if if they do end up trying to like use that blitz, those blitz options that they use against the Panthers, Dak Prescott has gotten really good at getting the ball out quick, and so if they're blitzing, then you know, one of your receiver weapons is uncovered. So I can definitely see the Cowboys taking advantage of that and just be like, oh, all of y'all are up here.
Speaker 6: Then okay, who's back there?
Speaker 8: Then I need to get this ball to I think the Saints are in a position where they're really gonna have to pick their poison, and I think whatever they pick, the Cowboys are in a position to attack the opposite thing. It's like, okay, so you've got everybody covered, all right, Well, then we can run the ball because we know you're not great at defending that. Okay, you're gonna blitz all right, Well I'm just gonna, you know, make this play happen behind you.
Speaker 4: You're good. And that's exactly what happened with that Brandon Cooks touchdown. Yeah, so we love to see that.
Speaker 3: But I'm sorry, keep going. No, I I was like, sorry, I didn't know if you were going to talk about go ahead good.
Speaker 5: Oh I thought you were.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 7: No, it's okay, No, I mean to piggyback off of that too.
Speaker 5: Just having sorry watching the Eagles and the.
Speaker 6: Packers.
Speaker 5: Gross, Sorry, I'm so salty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fine. We gotta we gotta just wipe it away, you know, just act like it didn't happen.
Speaker 5: The generational trauma. Girl, you're talking to a millennial.
Speaker 3: Oh goodness, all.
Speaker 5: Right, So.
Speaker 7: What I will say, And to add on to Jazz's point about their blitz packages, yeah, that that was what won them the game. And you know, to be fair, I think as far as the Cowboys go, you look at the Saints and Panthers game last week. Some notes I put, uh, they scored on nine. Can the Saints offense scored on nine consecutive consecutive offensive plays, five touchdowns.
Speaker 5: Four field goals.
Speaker 7: So I know we're talking about, you know, Cowboys offense, but overall, you need to be scoring points too.
Speaker 5: You need to be better in the red zone.
Speaker 7: Yes, we love a good Brandon Aubrey possible seventy yardfield goal kick.
Speaker 5: We love that, and that's great for him.
Speaker 7: I don't want to see Brandon Aubrey as much in this game, genuinely, and that's you need to start capitalizing in the red zone. And you know, we always go back to this conversation. You cannot keep relying on Brandon Aubrey to get you points on the board over and over and over again. Because what the Saints showed last.
Speaker 5: Week, given it was the Panthers, I know.
Speaker 7: Is that they can put together scoring drives nine consecutive in a game.
Speaker 5: That's crazy, and that was to open the game. The defense.
Speaker 7: Last week, the Saints defense gave up one hundred and ninety three total yards forced three turnovers.
Speaker 5: Overall, I mean, the Panther struggled with a run game.
Speaker 7: To your point, Jazz, So I think if you want to find a strengthen this, it's getting ahead early.
Speaker 5: And I just feel like, whoever gets hot.
Speaker 7: First is going to carry the momentum throughout the game. And guess where that starts. To special teams if you have a Cavante Turpin giving you goodfield position, which we talked to.
Speaker 5: Him in the long room today. He tells us he said, yeah, I went to the sideline. I told him they better stop kicking to me. Take much to the house.
Speaker 4: He's sick.
Speaker 5: But overall, put yourself up in a position way.
Speaker 7: And I know that sounds so simple, but again, goodfield position.
Speaker 5: Score.
Speaker 7: Do not rely on Brandon Auber here, because this team shows you they know how to put together a scoring drive.
Speaker 3: Eighteen of the Cowboys thirty three points. We're special teams points. Don't think I want to see that.
Speaker 5: It's great, it's great, but but you want to see offensive points.
Speaker 4: Absolutely absolutely well. We're gonna take our second break and talk more Cowboys offense.
Speaker 3: Saint Stephen's. After this second break, you're watching girls talk, boys talk. I saw the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys will be right back.
Speaker 2: The Dickey family always mandated that the only police style sausage worthy of their restaurant must have high quality, of course, ground beef and port It's spices and fresh natural casings. We still serve it to this day and it's so popular.
Speaker 12: Dickey's Sausage has been named the official sausage of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: The perfect matchup on game day Dickie's Barbecue Pit. No one out smokes us. Order at Dickies dot com for groups called eight six six barber Cute.
Speaker 6: It's on the ribs.
Speaker 11: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby the yin to this Burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp, refreshing ice.
Speaker 5: Cold coola a journey to foutopia. Burgers better with pepsi.
Speaker 6: That's what I like.
Speaker 9: At Jigsaw Dating, we obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your fing That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 5: Step of your.
Speaker 7: Game day looks with the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Nike Zoom Pace his running shoes. Discover the ultimate comfort Yeah with its responsive cushioning and breatheable mesh.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I last track there. Visit a pro shop near you are.
Speaker 7: Log onto Shop dot Dallas Cowboys dot com a fanatics experience to score yours today.
Speaker 5: My parents are.
Speaker 3: Gonna love those I already know. I love that for your parents. Are they excited?
Speaker 7: They're so excited they're probably listening right now. So if you're listening, I already clean my apartment. I don't so clean waiting for y'all.
Speaker 4: Love to hear it, all right, real fast.
Speaker 3: Which Saints defensive defensive position group possesses the biggest threat to this Cowboys offense?
Speaker 6: That is such a good question.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with the cornerbacks. You have a triple threat here, and.
Speaker 7: I'm only saying that because it's gonna be a lot one on one matchups, which, like you know, Ceedee Lamb loves. But again, I'm gonna go with the corner because the matchups there are.
Speaker 5: Just fun to watch. In general.
Speaker 7: You have Paulson a debo, he's all of them great on man coverage. Marshaun Latimore, which we don't know yet, could be a game changer, like you're saying, if he doesn't play Alante Taylor.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Out of out of all of the the DB's on the Saints last week, he allowed the most of eighty four yards.
Speaker 5: Just let that sink in.
Speaker 7: That was the most yardage that a dB for the Saints allowed last week. Only eighty four yards, which which is crazy. So for me, when you're looking at Alante Taylor and Cdie Lamb, that's one of my most fun matchups that I want to watch this week. But I'm gonna say your triple threat there, uh with their with their cornerback room. Obviously it helps when you have a CD Lamb and you have a Brandon Cooks, but I still think you're kind of determining who your wide receiver three officially is as well, So it could be a good week for some Jalen Tolbert action maybe some Jalen Brooks as well.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I'm gonna go with that.
Speaker 3: What stood out to me about Alante Taylor was his speed, Like when he's on, he can stay with any receiver, but he also gives up a lot of big plays, so it could be an advantage for CD Lamb. But go ahead, my bet, go ahead.
Speaker 8: So fun fact, Alonta Taylor actually started off as a wide receiver and converted to corner, so I think in some ways they're still moving him around and just like kind of using him as a weapon in general, and that's why we saw him. He broke a record for SAX for a cornerback, which is crazy, like to be a cornerback with three sacks, right, But the question mark surrounding Marshaun Latimore is why I was hesitant to say corners because when I think about what they did against the Panthers, like, yeah, it makes me want to want to name that position group, right, But I just feel like if Marshawn Lattimore isn't there, and then you've got two rookies on the depth chart, there's just not enough of a Lante Taylor to go around to actually handle what the Cowboys are going to throw with them. Literally, yay puns for jazz Man.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 8: So then my mind, I'm gonna be honest after that, me being like growing up in Louisiana, my mind went through the Mario Davis and the linebacker group, so that that would be my second option.
Speaker 6: If not the corners, then the linebackers just.
Speaker 8: Because they're they're so fierce, they're so aggressive, they love playing physical, and it's like they're they're very adaptive.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 8: The Mario Davis was actually talking about the matchup against the Cowboys, and of course he was asked, you know what's going to be the same or what's going to be different from the last time he faced them, and he described their defense as a Madden game that gets updates every year and so and he said, yeah, so if you if you try to go by the old footage or even my old tendencies, you know, it might mislead you a little bit. And so they've they've just become very adaptive in the last couple of to where they are very good at just kind of being what the team needs them to be in terms of what they what they do as a linebacker corps.
Speaker 6: So good on.
Speaker 3: Fun note note about Tomorrow Davis. He had six straight years with one hundred stops, six and a half sacks, fifteen pressures, twelve tackles for loss, and two forced fumbles in twenty twenty three, So.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely a big game changer.
Speaker 3: He was a beast that linebacker corps with even Willie Gay, I don't know if he will play or not because he was listed on this.
Speaker 4: Report, so that's a little questionable as well.
Speaker 3: But a lot of things to watch for in this Cowboys matchup on Sunday.
Speaker 4: So looking forward to what matchup? Are you looking forward to?
Speaker 3: The most real quick before we wrap.
Speaker 5: Things up Seedy Lamb and Alante.
Speaker 8: I was about to say, I want to see how they handle Seedy Lamb. I'm expecting it to be Alante Taylor, unless Marshon Lattimore does end up playing, but yeah, I want to see how they how they handle Seedy Lamb. So whoever ends up on him, that's when I'm going to be watching.
Speaker 3: I'm going Tyler and Kim Jordan.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 3: Tyler guid and that's gonna be a lot of fun, but a lot more fun over the next couple of days because we got more girls talk, boys talk, present about Jigsaw, the befurred any part of the Dallas Cowboys. We'll see y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.