Speaker 1: The second d.
Speaker 2: Question for Jose and alexis what is the quickest that you've ever gone from matching with someone to meeting.
Speaker 3: Up with them?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow, like a.
Speaker 2: Couple of days, couple seconds.
Speaker 3: I saw, minutes, I'm here. It depends if I'm already stalking them or not. Probably a week a week.
Speaker 5: I normally just matched to feel like I'm attractive and then I never meet up.
Speaker 3: You guys don't just like go to the bar and find out who's closest and then figure it out. I never got to do dating apps. I just thought that would always be my play.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I bring it up because one of our listeners, Jack says he was surprised at how fast he got the green light to see his date in person.
Speaker 1: So Jack, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hello, thank you.
Speaker 2: I am excited to hear about your data. Then after this, you want to grab a drink or something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm he's looking for a man that moves.
Speaker 2: Asked Jack, what's the name of the person that you matched with?
Speaker 4: I matched with this girl named Naomi online.
Speaker 5: Jack and Jeff sound better, Yeahomi?
Speaker 2: And how long did it take for you and Naomi to agree to meet up?
Speaker 4: It was really quick? We matched and like within ten minutes she was asking me to meet up.
Speaker 1: That's a record. Must be quite the smooth talker.
Speaker 3: Either that or it was like two in the morning and she was drunk.
Speaker 1: You were like at the same bar, sitting next to Yeah, I didn't think about that. That's a good question.
Speaker 3: What time of day did this happen?
Speaker 4: This is kind of like early morning and then she wanted to meet up that afternoon.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, cool?
Speaker 3: I mean, were you excited about that or you freaked out?
Speaker 4: No? I was excited. She was really cute and she seemed interested.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Isn't that kind of a red flag though, where it's like they instantly.
Speaker 1: Want to see you, it's at least like a pink.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe she had a date planned and the other guy bailed and she's like, well let's fill in the blank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, standards as long as it's a warm body.
Speaker 4: Well, she explained that she was like new on the app and she's looking to date someone and I seemed like a nice guy, so she wanted to grab a drink with me at the spar Okay.
Speaker 3: And you didn't at any point think you were getting catfished, like too convenient. You must be a robot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that thought definitely crossed my mind. But it's not like she wanted a phone number anything. She wanted to meet up. So I was going to find out that day.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I think it would be kind of refreshing because suddenly you're just meeting with this person and you don't know a lot about them, instead of having all of that small talk out of the way, like you have a lot to discuss.
Speaker 1: How did it go?
Speaker 4: It was amazing. She was like really really pretty, and she laughed at all my jokes. But we really weren't there long until some alarm went off and she said she had to go.
Speaker 1: Wait what type of alarm?
Speaker 4: She had set an alarm on her phone and it was probably like fifteen minutes of the date had gone by.
Speaker 3: She's doing her own speed day.
Speaker 1: Another guy came in and took your seat. She's like, I'm gonna have to ask you to get up.
Speaker 3: Actually, well, she didn't give you any other explanation what happened.
Speaker 4: She's like, I'm supposed to go check out this apartment nearby. Do you want to go with?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh that's great, okay, Oh she does move fast already asking you to move in? Is that weird? Like I think a lot of people would think that's a fun idea to go check out apartments or a house together on a date.
Speaker 4: Is that what you thought, Jack, Yeah, it was a little surprising that first she wanted to meet really quickly, and then she wants to check out this apartment. So I didn't really know what was coming next, Like, I have a.
Speaker 3: Baby to deliver later, do you want to come with me?
Speaker 1: Let's go to this tuxedo shop and then go to the church right after. What do you think the wedding offici is waiting in the apartment. That's weird to us, But tell us how it went.
Speaker 4: Well, we went to this apartment together and I'm talking with the ladies, showing.
Speaker 1: Her around, and imagine.
Speaker 4: So Naomi, she loved the place and she actually like gave me a big kiss in front of the apartment manager.
Speaker 3: And whoa, it's awkward for the apartment manager, like, I need you to leave.
Speaker 1: Actually, we really need to test this place.
Speaker 3: That had been unexpected. What happened next?
Speaker 4: So we just went back to the bar and the chemistry felt really good, and she just went to the bathroom and never came back.
Speaker 3: We why.
Speaker 1: We were vibing and clicking and she was gone.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't know what happened.
Speaker 3: She was red flags. That's so strange because it's not like she was using you for anything, right, Like she didn't ask for any money, right, she didn't ask you to co sign on the apartment before.
Speaker 2: She went so fast with everything else. Maybe that's just how long her relationships normally last.
Speaker 1: But she can't go for thirty four hours minutes we're broken? How long ago was that?
Speaker 4: That was like three weeks ago? And who she either have called me back or anything. I even went to the apartment to see if she had moved in, and creepy, I know, I know, but that's the only thing I could think of to try and get a hold of her because she wasn't answering.
Speaker 1: Weird, I mean, so it's been three weeks.
Speaker 3: This is like a mystery.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: It's a big mystery roller coaster highs and lows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the pace that she moves through things, who knows, she probably could have been married and divorced six times over in that span of time. But we'll call her and try and figure out the real reason. When we do your second date update right after.
Speaker 4: This awesome thank you?
Speaker 1: All right, hold on, man, Indeed.
Speaker 2: We just heard maybe the quickest hangout in second date history. Yes, I mean, I know, I've had a few lightning rounds and I'm not calling a.
Speaker 1: Radio station after those to find.
Speaker 4: Out what happened you.
Speaker 3: No, you're just talking about him now, definitely.
Speaker 1: I mean that's a mess for them to clean up. That's their deal.
Speaker 2: But one of our listeners, Jack met a girl named Naomi online. They met up the same day that they matched, saw an apartment together, went back to a bar, and then she disappeared into the bathroom forever, never to be seen or heard from again.
Speaker 3: That's so crazy.
Speaker 2: Actually, some of my lightning rounds happened in public bathrooms.
Speaker 1: Wow, So don't even get me started on that.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's it's been three weeks though, since that happened with Jack, and we never asked though. Is there anything Jack that you think you may have done wrong? Like when she kissed you, did you hold eye contact with the lady show in the apartment?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I did not, Thank God, Maybe you shouldn't know.
Speaker 4: I really don't think I did anything wrong. It was a really nice staate.
Speaker 3: How come now, you don't sound angry. I'd be a little mad if somebody ditched me in the middle of the day. That's humiliating.
Speaker 4: I'm just kind of confused more than anything. Okay, Like if he never gets back to me, I'll just always kind of be wondering what could have happened? And what did happen?
Speaker 3: Was she even real?
Speaker 2: Just like what my lightning rounds think of me? Yeah, let's get some answers for you here. I'm gonna dial Naomi right now.
Speaker 1: And hopefully she picks up. We'll see what she has to say.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Hello, Oh is this Naomi?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 3: Okay, you fast?
Speaker 1: I'm not good under pressure. Uh what well know?
Speaker 4: Someone?
Speaker 3: Hi? Naomi? Hi?
Speaker 4: Who is this? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Thank you for asking a question. I can answer that.
Speaker 2: We are a morning radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning, okay, and reaching out on behalf of one of our listeners that you went on a date with the other.
Speaker 3: Day a couple of weeks ago, three weeks ago ago.
Speaker 1: His name's Jeffy.
Speaker 5: Wait, why are you calling me about him?
Speaker 2: Well, because he reached out to us because he's a little bit confused about what happened when you disappeared, And that's what we do in this segment called a second date update. We try and help give some answers to people who have questions after a date.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he probably does have questions.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you would understand why he's so confused.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: Could you help maybe shed some light on what when down because he has no idea think from his perspective, he had a lot.
Speaker 1: Of nice things to say. He thought you were a really great person.
Speaker 3: I think he's a great person.
Speaker 5: No, he is. He is nice. He's really nice. That's that's part of it.
Speaker 3: That was part of it.
Speaker 5: Ah, this is so weird to say. I don't really want to say it, Like I basically just used him.
Speaker 1: What oh oh man?
Speaker 3: Wow, that was like a band aid just ripped off.
Speaker 2: I don't understand from what we've heard. You guys went to a bar. He went and checked out an apartment with you. You guys went to a bar again and then you left. How is that using him?
Speaker 5: It was totally using him, That was exactly the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for what.
Speaker 4: The apartment.
Speaker 5: I know that was fine. I'm not I'm not proud of using him, but.
Speaker 3: I sound a little proud.
Speaker 5: I am kind of I'm kind of proud of my plan. Like I I think I had a really good plan.
Speaker 3: I don't get it, Like, you didn't even get the apartment he went back there? No, I know, I know.
Speaker 5: No, it wasn't it. Here's what happened. So that apartment that I was looking at was actually my ex boyfriend's apartment, so he was moving out. I knew he was moving out, and I used to stay there a lot, obviously we were together, and I had left a locket, a really awesome lockett that my dad had given me there, and he had refused to get it back to me.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know why exes do this.
Speaker 5: Okay, total jerk, Like just a total jerk move right there. We wasn't giving it back to me. So I figured out a way to get it back, which was basically I was going to go look at the apartment, but I needed someone to distract whoever was showing the apartment so I could get the necklace.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't you just invite a girlfriend or something.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, that wouldn't be a fun So I go on, you get joy out of this. It's a good plan. It's a good blend.
Speaker 4: It was. It was.
Speaker 5: It was like sneaky.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 5: So I go on line and I find this guy who seems really nice and truthfully a little easily to manipulate. And he's available that day, which is perfect. That's what I need. And so you know, I haven't met me up this far. We like kind I get to know each other and then we go look at this apartment and the only thing I hadn't like thought out, the one little like snapoo, was that I did not have a jacket with my pockets, and I had like no other pockets. So I'm like thinking on the sly And at the end of this apartment viewing, I reach in and I like give him a kiss, and I slipped the locket in his jacket pocket while I kiss him. I'm thinking it is brilliant, so smart, right, I know he's totally feeling it. The apartment lady's like, oh yeah, there are such a cute couple. Also, by the way, if she happens to like suspect anything, he has the luck and he gets in trouble and like, I don't get trouble.
Speaker 1: Smart, smart, Yeah, you always need a fall guy. Whenever you're getting your stuff back, how.
Speaker 3: Would you get it back out of his out of his pocket? Though? Because you loved him.
Speaker 5: So we go back to the bar and we're chatting and he hangs up his jacket. I'm like, oh, this is perfect. So I just reach in stealthily, double O seven style, and I get my necklace, use myself to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is so cold hearted.
Speaker 2: But it's an extremely intricate plan just to get a piece of jewelry back. I mean you went full Ocean's eleven.
Speaker 4: For this lock.
Speaker 5: Yes, Oceans eleven.
Speaker 1: It as a compliment.
Speaker 3: Why did you have to ditch Jack?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: I don't understand.
Speaker 5: I wasn't interested, Like I didn't want to date him. I like, he's not my type at all.
Speaker 1: You know what, I don't don't say that to us.
Speaker 2: Jack deserves to hear that from you directly, and well, now's your chance, because Naomi, Jack's been listening this entire time on the other line and wants to hear you tell him off to his face.
Speaker 5: Oh are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: I'm serious?
Speaker 4: Wow, Hi Naomi?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, I didn't know you were on the phone.
Speaker 4: I don't know what to say. This is crazy. You could have just told me I would have been down to the Ocean's eleven Brad Coulton's clooney style.
Speaker 1: Really, I mean.
Speaker 3: Honestly, Like a hot girl says, hey, you want to help me, Like you want.
Speaker 1: To help me steal from my ex boyfriend's apartment, I.
Speaker 5: Feel like, no, it's not stealing, it's my necklace. Yeah, I'm not interested in dating him. You sorry.
Speaker 4: I just want you to know, like I do, think you're a pretty bad person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, he called Naomi. That was nice what you heard, Jeff. You're a very pretty but bad person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sorry you feel that way. I just think it was smart and like what you you met up with a girl, you got a drink and then miss it like nothing bad happened to you.
Speaker 1: It's a good point.
Speaker 3: I mean, he Jack, I am so sorry. This is gonna be sucky.
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, there's a I think there's an opportunity here. You guys are all looking at the negatives here, Jack, are there any items that your ex girlfriends have that you'd like to get back? Naomi seems like the type that be happy to be your accomplice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am happy never talking to Naomi again.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, come on, Jack, you don't mean that had at least two sequels.
Speaker 5: We do work well together.
Speaker 1: He didn't know he was worse. Just imagine how effective he would be if he was in on the plan.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. I think he would compromise it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jack, I don't think this is a real loss for you.
Speaker 4: No, I'm picking up on that. I should have really gone with my gut and now it was too good.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, do you realize that's exactly what Andy Garcia said at the end of Oceans when he found out he got taken for two billion dollars.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey, the prophecy's picking fulfills. It's meant to be. He didn't rooking Jeffrey in the morning.