Speaker 1: What up? What up? What up? What up? What up?
Speaker 2: What up?
Speaker 1: What up? True? True? Got them a six home? Go and run it for Hey, you know what, I want to go up to U. C. L A one day the runs. I want to see what they they started yet, let's go today now Rockets is a district Rockets? No, no, no, all that I'm talking about. I want to did you see LA runs? Yeah? I want to go see them. Let's go do it. They probably doing nothing. What time is it? They probably doing that today about one? Huh? I thought they'd do it three. That's what it used to be. I got a call. Ain't no three o'clock, young boys in the street. If they did, if they did an afternoon run, that would make sense all the other ship I've been running into. Uh, I'll be seeing Jordan Clarston and Tristan Thomas will be at the gym. I'll be taking my son right now. I'm like, damn, Tristan Thompson. Still going. Man, y'all know what it is. Just taking the truth. Yes, sir, let's get in years. Okay. I see you got your a six, old boy, Yeah, my little thirteen cycling cycling. You can't do y'all working your good shoes now, people, I need to just wipe them down a little bit, everybody. I can't be just wearing these people. How you're going the backyard and like dig like a fire pit or some ship, and you know you'll go bill like a kids around now that it was supposed to be outlawt So you can pull them out, you know what I'm saying. Oh, they're supposed to be there. Yeah, so you can pull them out. Yeah, this I think this might be my first year roll together. Boy. Yeah, they won't get your little friends. You know what I'm saying that man, we we yeah, yeah, don't check me out. I'm already together. I'm saying you already. We came in here. You stay fresh. I'm a good hell yeah man, been working out, got prints in the gym. Yeah, I see you talked all that ship about them four am uh beach walks and ship and beach workouts. I see walk early Yeah? What you doing? What moons? Still out? What you're doing? I'm doing? Hike. I like to hike before it get hot. You know, it's been getting hot in the valley, bro hot as hell. About time eight o'clock hit. Where you going with it. Wait loss, you're going for life. No, I'm just like I like I like it. It's peaceful, you know, it's like zen, nobody, nobody, nobody out there. I take my dogs and it's just like I got my headphones on and I'm just locked in, just sort of like meditation, you know what I'm saying. It's like clear clearing. So now you get just a while, get up super early. Give me a chance to think about just whatever going on, anything you're doing. That's the reason I can hit you like yo, you hit the beach in the morning. Hit the beach o'clock in the morning. But in the morning, Yeah, when you get up with the sun, you get up the moon. It's a different type of day. When you start to do like that. You know what I'm saying, You're definitely gonna knock out at about one o'clock. Need at one o'clock. Now tell you that right now, to show that, to show that. What's your thoughts on the Olympics? Tell me tell what your thought. Bro, the whole thing, they got it done, the whole thing, the Olympics. Sick bro, Snoop killed it. Shout to Snoop Snoove killed it. I mean just the heart killed it. Everything I watched was cool stuff that the Olympics, well, this was one of the best Olympics, just like from just the drama. Just like I watched all the sports too. I watched the beach volleyball, I watched the water polo. I watched I watched that. Of course you're gonna watch the racing that's the table polo. Watched it. I did. I did. I gotta get my I gotta hold you, gotta get your you gotta get you. I swear to God, I watched that. You ain't got your light big listening, you ain't got your right I'm looking. I'm like, I'm looking at them, and I'm like, I'm holding the paddle all wrong, the whole set up, the whole hold on, I'm holding the paddle wrong. You know, they don't even hold it like this. Listen, polo gotta beat the table polo or the table tens, whatever y'all want to call it. It was this one dude on the Bahama horse what they call that, the Bahamahad with the horse, No, no, the horse, the uh, the you know the gymnasts, oh, the Palmer horse. Yeah. Oh it was this one dude killed it. I don't know what he doing. The ling, yeah, yeah, he on the horse circles. He was going one hand. I was like, oh, I never saw that. The gymnast was crazy, the black gymnasts. Did you see him? Yeah? I got to get everybody's names and ship. I gotta get there. But the Olympics and all the races, uh, the fifteen hundred race with Hawker, the white dude who came from behind it one. You had the four hundred. I watched all the track and man, that was was. It was sick. It was sick. I gotta get cold. It's all good, right, let's keep going. It was sick though. I was too. I was locked in. Wear your mask, you know it blew me though. The breakdancing blew me. That blew me breakdance and blew everybody. Can't they can't bring that back. That ain't coming. They got to No, it's not coming. On hold, they already said it, bro, they said that. Now they can't do it. I get it. I get it. That's the Olympics. The breakdoy can't just start something and end it because right right, no, they gotta end that. You gotta bring that first off, breakdancer was started in the US. Bro you can't start something and then you know, try to explore it and any go for what you was doing because you try to do it your way. They didn't bring no coaching to that ship. They didn't bring no crazy lands, they didn't bring crazy they didn't bring nobody from hip hop to actually validate the breakdance. They look like that was That was the most disgraceful thing I saw in the Olympics, because mother folks think they can just take coach and do what the fuck they want from it. If y'all ain't from the culture, you don't know what you're doing. They gotta get rid of that. Bro't can just be having people from just wherever they was from doing some You got Japan, you got places, you got you got South had, you got places that can actually pop in and get it on. But you gotta go get you gotta go get Turbo and mister Ways, what's all doing?
Speaker 2: You can't do that ship dancing? And now mister Waves and old zoning, Man, come on, man, man, don't get me ship o. Y'all, I was turbok what you White horse rode White Horse.
Speaker 1: Rod skating rings. Turbo Town used to used to have battles up there. Man go ass bug and all us man, man straight up, box man, you better go ass, you better, you better go ass. We gonna carry our cardboard. Man. Listen, back in the day, Dominoes and that's what we spending office bill Domino's Pizza on Augusta Road right there, and I used to go in the fucking trash can and grab all the Domino boxes out. Me and my homies gonna sit over here, shout out to Chris Sirs, Tory Tony all us made to see here and make a whole big joint. Did you spray, oh boy, do you put the duct take? Did you spray? Paint your name in the corner? Then we right there down. You gonna know nothing about that. I might be all. I'm like, put the slip, y'all. Listen, y'all out here running your mouth. Man know me, y'all have a basketball county. Y'all don't know at least leave remember Lee from Beech Street and y'all should have had. Listen, bro, if you're gonna do it right, don't cut the corners, don't don't put salt when you're supposed to put sugar in the corner bread and give it to me and tell me jiffy. You know what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying. My god, I don't do that. You gotta go get the whole South Bronx and bring him to friends, right, and it's gotta be the South Bros. So we gotta go back to that. They should have did a battle and then you start them up. We just don't even know what I'm saying. They can you had the microphone, don't come and the interaction. Then you have to close battle and then the next justs to o R hit it on the mountain because they didn't do it right. Everybody loves breakdance and love hire Fop. They know where all that come from. They can't be in the Olympics though. We need to just keep that away. He Jabberwockies and all of them. They didn't want that in there. They didn't want that in there. You ain't got no niggas running it over there. They need some niggas in the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: I get it. It's France. We we all that shit. But when you come into hip hop, you gotta go get some niggas don't nobody want to hear me say that, but I said it. Yeah, you gotta go get some coaching, bro, put it in here. Okay, how do we do the break dance contest? Crazy legs? Okay, so this how we'll do it. He gonna go right through. He gonna tell you the format, and then he gonna go through the eye and it's gonna look just like he's supposed to look. And at the end, you're gonna have that motherfucker oh, because I'm gonna tell you depand they can. They can break France. They can break Bro. You got countries out here that can really guess what the stration girl? She finla go, she finna get us ship together. She finna go get a ship together. She finla go. Hey, let me holl at you. You should now go see turboil ozone. Ozone gonna show her how to get her wrists up there. And it needs to be. I don't want to see I do I do. I want to do over. I want to see her get a do it. Get she get a do over. That was a slap in the face. She loves hip hop. Bro, you can't ship on people who love it. Now, she get it. Out there in comparison to it, you show her. No, that's disrespectful. Piece. That was disrespectful what she did. The girl who was her version of it. You can't just make that up. We can't just come out here. I can't just come out here, put something on wax and say this is rap. Yeah, you can't. If that's her version, you trip it. If that's listen, bro, Shorty came out and in her mind she thought she was doing what she was doing. She didn't know it. She didn't know it was looking like nah. She thought she was.
Speaker 3: Like killing it.
Speaker 1: I'm killing it. She couldn't thought that, Oh why go up there? If you got ship, they're gonna blow me. Nah, you ain't doing it with that fifteen minutes of fame, she was like, Yo, a minute, this is what I've been working on. Chose her in the finals of whatever she was act, be right here Australia. She was the best in Australia. She represented she she knew somebody, Yeah in Australia. She knew somebody in Australia. Yeah, she paid somebody else. Everybody's minting go to the Somebody paid somebody that paid somebody that got her there. I hear you. If you want to learn how to break there is go look up the Godfathers and where they're at and then then go down the rabbit hole. That will help you. But in Japan they pop locking and and they breaking, They spinning on their neck. Man, friends got their own you feel me? Yeah, pee, Yeah, but don't get it fucked up. Yeah, come on over there, Yeah, go to go to some of them parties of them. I don't know what New York like no more, but yeah, Bro used to go up there and get some real good dancers up there that can move and popping and bringing new ship. Shot to mister wave man shot the crazy legs, shout to the whole culture. Man straight up. But yeah, Olympics, y'all fucked that up at the end of the day. I gotta come to the wax man. Y'all should have. Actually, y'all should have grabbed Snoop and pulled them to the side, and he'd have gave the whole script on how to do that. You know what I'm saying. Better than that. You see what he did for the Olympics, Man Snoop had the rains up seventy five eighty percent. Bro, like just had it moving right then shot the snoop man because the culture and the man you see it through a different eye, and he gonna give it to you do it through a different which is what I like. You know, I want to see how Snooper get up there, you know what I'm saying. Character torch and all that, and they gonna be lit lord, because it's built for all the beast volleyball and all that. That's gonna be crazy, all the all the spreading and oh man on the track and field, it's gonna be all over him. The one thing I feel I don't like about the Olympics, Bro, I didn't see any the Cox fourteen. What's the name of that company, Lacos forty you know who that is? No, Bro, that's like the French brand, y'all. Remember the little rooster that was in the red, white and blue or the blue white, red or whatever the you know what I'm saying, Like, Bro, it was a it's a it's a it's a brand that is French made that nobody got to see throughout the whole Olympics. When you go back, this is one that inspired La cost this one man. This is probably one of the dopest brands ever. Man, it's still going nah, and I think it's making a comeback. It didn't make the two thousands. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, But Lacox is like a French brand that nobody got to see. Bro. I was looking for that and that's like their flag and we didn't get to see none of that. So yeah, I was just sitting to the coaching the scene where it was gonna take us since then. But for the most part, I enjoyed the Olympics. I thought it was cool. TV every day had me stimulated, you know what I'm saying. I thought that. I thought the guys looked good. Uh South su Then I thought put everybody on notice just because of how hard they was playing and playing together. I thought they got cheated attually gets Serbian. Man, they got like full free throws to like thirty free throws. That shit was bananas, Joe. But you know, shout to South Sudan and what they did. You know what I'm saying. They put they do out dang in the whole thing. He put them on the map. He did global, you know what I'm saying. So now they're gonna get sponsorships. You know, some awareness, you know what I'm saying, some better equipment and got some pros over there, though, huh, they got some pros on they got some pros over there. But more importantly, you got to start from the development, you know what I'm saying. If you're talking about growing South Sudan, then you got to go to the core and then start putting those pieces in and that's when you're getting. You're getting you know, programs like a Nike or Adidas or or or you know what I'm saying. They come over, they put the courts in, they grow, they grow to they grow the game. That's development, bro, you know what I'm saying. One of the things we gotta always remember at least man, especially here when you're dealing with youth and so many different things to be into these days. And your development, man, your development and something man can actually help a kid actually pick what he's gonna do just because of that, because you know, you jumping into what film and product that's a whole other type of development, right you going too coding or something like that. Right The sports takes not only practice, practice, practice, but no resources and stuff. All that, man, that's in the pot that's in that jumbala. You know what I'm saying. But man, shout out to all the teams. Man, I enjoyed all the games. I thought Canada looked good. I thought man Germany looked good. You know what I'm saying. Like there was some really good teams in the tournament in France. Listen, man, they gonna be a problem. And let me tell you something. I'm looking at the team right when that kid gets no listen, listen, do go ahead. I hate to say this, but USA basketball is in trouble. On twenty eight is in trouble. They in trouble because now it ain't gonna probably be no bron no Curry, no kd. You gotta figure mb gonna be four years older. He looks older, Like who's gonna be our big man in four years? It's still gonna be Anthony Davis him in four years? Or you think that he's in that conversation, you gotta think that other bigs are gonna who is gonna be our big check Honger probably check because he's the marblo. But I think we're in trouble. I don't think well, I'm think in four years and then the way they did Tatum. I don't know if he come back in twenty eight. You know what I'm saying, the way they did Brian. You think he come in playing twenty eight. I'm just looking at the NBA landscape right now. In four years, who's on that team? And that's gonna be a problem. So I'm anticipating winby be getting better exactly when four years when we is gonna be a problem. I'm talking about catching, turning and shooting either shoulder and not do so much assessive dribble in the past. I mean, when he's really simplified, he's gonna be a problem. He simplifies. Can you imagine catching and shooting against him? You know what I'm saying is to say the colchest thing we got to kind of offset that is Check. So Check's gonna get better. Yeah, yeah, Ball, He's a big that was there, right he had success, He had a really good I thought he had a really decent Olympics. I'm thinking, like thinking about who right now four years are we saying it's gonna be on that team? Like who are guards gonna be? So Booker will be there again, John Moran gonna be there, John Morant, he's gonna be different. Okay, Halliburton, Yeah, hally Burton is gonna probably be more. Who's gonna be the guy like we had Lebron Curry, Like, who's gonna be the guy? Anthony Edwards. Edwards is gonna be the guy. Anthony Edwards is gonna be one of the guys. Like we had a three headed monster with KD, with Lebron, Steph and Zion. I'm putting Zion in there somewhere. He's one of the future superstars. I just think we're gonna be in trouble. Cooper Flag is gonna be on there. They like the Cooper Flag kids so much. Four years, Yeah, bro, he got he got a presence about him that he's not playing like a couple. We'll see him four years. We'll see in four years with him. He was probably second third best at the little at the Little Trail. But you know, you gotta make the leap. The leap is still the leap, no matter how good you is in high school, in college, the leap is the leap. How many cats we don't see get the leap and they you know, they they they be good. But you know, do we know if he's gonna be great at the next level. You know, I ain't going that far. I'm saying what I saw in USA and how how he came in there. He came in there like he had been there before. Yeah, he came in there like he knew them nigs and he has some familiarity. He was confident his game. Yeah. No, lord, he ain't did college yet. He just coming from high school doing this to you feel what I'm saying. These guys also got minutes on their bodies. Yeah, yeah, he seems to do that too. Let me see it, just to a young boy who got the same energy you got all that, right, I think I meant he projected for sure. Sure he'll be He's gonna be on the list. We ain't seen a Cooper flag like, but we don't know who right now is gonna come out of nowhere, because it's gonna be somebody like in the second year right now or third year right now that's gonna like. I think Tatum gonna play and I actually liked it. I actually liked that he didn't. He didn't play a lot. You know why, First off, you're gonna playhim in front of bron and Katie Booker. Secondly, Bro, he just came up with a championship. Bro. Let me tell y'all something. Man, everybody out here watching this, bro, one of the hardest years. Well, it doesn't. Well, what I'm about to say is probably obsolete now because no one plays eighty two games, you know what I'm saying. So you can miss thirty forty five fifty games and ain't nobody really tripping looking at you as long as you ready for the playoffs. So you look, you feel what I'm saying. So from the perspective of just winning in June, right, and then you're telling me come in here really July fifteenth August? First, Now, I didn't even get I didn't even get forty five. I didn't to get sixty days off. So then I gotta go right into a platform like the Olympics and then perform and then play what fifteen sixteen minutes? Nah? If I ain't gotta play, go ahead, Lord, I'm on the team. I'm inyor Bro. They brought that team together for continuity, So everybody in there like, but let it be listen with Bron going home early and not making playoffs and all that, Bro, Bro, that tee that up for him to get the rest to be able to play USA. Right, So Bron looked fresh, He looked like he had you know what I'm saying, But Bro, let him have a deep run in the playoffs. So let him have a deep run into the to the finals. Bro, he wouldn't have played that many minutes, man, Brown played real minutes and played harder. You know, USA basketball is like that college energy. They letting hand check and go. You can you can you know what I'm saying. You can put your hand and ride the mother fucking right out of bounds if you want to. So the style of play was different, Bro. So to come off of finals and then go into the Olympics, Man, that's like, that's like healthy sat naw, Bro, That's that's asking a ton. Even though you saw a couple of games where Holliday had to sit down, like let me get a rest, let me take this game off like it was still the summer. Man. And if you expected players to come in there looking like they was gonna be in NBA shaped that he was tripping, you know what I'm saying. But you know, France did it, Jermany did the other you know, Canada look good so you know you had to, you know, but man, I think I saw Anthony else was shooting shots very early, just in working out, justin showing, and b didn't look that good. You know, he got better as he got better. You know what I'm saying, O, P, you're a young big in the summer, Anthony Davis looked good. You know what I'm saying. Bam looked really good. You know what I'm saying, Like, I'm just I'm watching everybody, bro, and and I think that not only we're gonna have better players four years from now. I'm not sure you know you're supposed to say that. No, I'm just saying, like, when I look at them from right now, if I'm projecting four years from now and the way that what I saw this year in the Olympics, because the twenty eighteen is not gonna be as good as this twenty fourteen. It's just not so because you don't got it's not gonna have the same presence of Durant, Curry and bron those guys have already had their journey. Yeah, you're not being fair to the journey four years. P. You don't know who can be right here, and you look up, man, Listen, this is real shit. Steph Curry really came in the league. We were still in the league. I looked at him and he still looked like he was a little kid. Man. Four years from there, I'm getting ready to go out the league. The ankles got stronger, everything got better, and he looked like a young man two fifteen to two six teams when they won right. They first won right, and he never looked the same after that. So four years of development and you getting can look like something totally different from how you start off from how you finished. You understand Steph Curry. The first three years, man, he couldn't throw a left hand pass going back to his right. His ankles and shit, he was having so many issues. I think he had no nikes for the first couple or whatever. Whatever the fuck was going on. It ain't hit yet. You understand, Like the development, man, we just said this, did we just talk about this? Like the development and how you develop? Bro? Is everything? So? Who all right? So I'm just saying in four years, I'm watching that. So I'm expecting John to be on that for real. I'm expecting all the guys that was on there. You know, this year but think about it. When Anthony Davis goes back, he's gonna be the yog. You know what I'm saying. If they bring uh, they bring holiday them back because the guards playing, you gotta have gretty garsh that can get up and pressure you. If you ain't got no gutty garsh like they had with d White and the Holiday, you can't time it is. It is. It is, it is, and it's a great four years for country to develop. So just like you, how you think these these players were talking about. I guess you're gonna get better. Canada gonna get better, Germany gonna get better. France don't be better. We need to talk about Argentina, we talk about Spain, we talk about China, we talk about Japan. Who was there. They're gonna get better. I just think I don't think the gold is guaranteed for us in twenty eight. Nothing's ever guaranteed. I just thought I just thought, like, yeah, I thought for show he was getting gold this year. I was like, there's no way we're not getting Well, let's let's think about it. Who is gonna be better than Lebron James. That's what I heard. I'm trying to tell and then Kevin Durant like, right now, who we projecting? You know what I'm saying in the world, who who? Who got on their team? I know you got a Dennis, I know you got the Wagoners. I know you got those guys. They gonna be a problem. They have a problem this year. You got Cana, right, Greece be a problem? No not, I mean I mean Germany, not Greece. Germany. Yeah, we're gonna have a problem with Germany, and we're gonna have a power of France. We got have a problem with France because the so called problem with Canada. Them teams is all young. Bro, we were young. We nice too, man, the world nice. But this is my point. Who better than Broun, Steph Curry and kd on your team? You probably got They're not gonna be there for you. I'm talking about this year in the presidence. Yeah for sure, I'm saying, whos gonna be that presence? So okay, telling who you got your team that's been gonna be better than Jahn Moran and Jason Tatum. You're gonna we got over there. Okay, it's gonna be better. Okay, Okay, give me two more that's on that that's better than these two Winby might be the best player in the league. If I said on the Canadian team, nigga, like you're talking about, well, they team they We're always gonna have more talent. We always gonna have more talent. We're gonna always talent. No, No, are Spain Spain. Spain usually have guys you ain't never heard of, and they come in this motherfucker and you be like, there, who is that? I'm just saying, we always gonna have more names and more talent. But if they gonna have a couple of superstars over there with some good role players, it's gonna be an issue. That's what I'm trying to tell you. They roll players to us in their in their country, they're stars. Yeah. Navarro, the little Spanish nigga came over here and got money. What's his name? Now you know the nigga that went to went to go to Memphis. Man, it's a little Spanish nigga named Navarro. Came in here, got money, nigga. And if you wasn't there when in there here was gone. That guy is a god over there. You understand you don't play no more. But I'm saying you God though, that's what I'm saying. That's what I was saying, Like, Man, Carlos so plans like that, that we're not like Rudy Rudy of Fernandez. Yeah, man, that motherfucker that's like six times or some ship.
Speaker 3: And Evan Fournier who he's in the league.
Speaker 1: Evan forty eight Listen, man, Evan shot to Evan because listen, because forty eight year level. This is how you got to play against the Americans. This how we got to beat and we can't be in here sympathetic and trying to hold man every forty eight he got the formula. He just ran out of time. Bro. He actually thought, man, we could beat the Americans. I got young women, I got woo friends, had too much of them, I'm telling you. But guess what more years they're not going to be there. Forty eight Fourty ain't gonna play for four years. He'll probably play Lord. We just for the last few drafts has no Americans in the top at the time. You know what I'm saying, So for the next four years, we may have you worried. I am worried. I am you should be worried. Let me because if it was close with this squad, you should be you know what I'm saying, Some of these games was close with this we should be worried. Thirty two, twenty eight, understand something. Listen, twenty eight we got things in the oven cooking right now. Like who's gonna be the guy? Yeah, we got things cooking right now in the oven right now. That's gonna not replaced, but gonna have some Listen, man, four years Anthony Edwards and fucking John Moran, I'm expecting him to be on the tiers of you feel me because Jason Tatum I started, he not won his first championship. There ain't going backwards. So that you understand, it's gonna be a bunch of these right here. It's gonna be a bunch of the oh shit. So you say, yeah, that's what I'm trying to tell me. Somebody knew That's what I'm trying to tell you. Four years, I'm expecting Anthony all was to think he got damn. You know what I'm saying, Like the next the next, next event, I'm it. You know what I'm saying. And the play and the wins and the titles got to add up to that. If you ain't doing that, then you just running it. You know what I'm saying. But listen, bro, I'm telling y'all, ain't nobody talking about that little beasting Memphis boy. Ain't nobody talking about how he man he finish coming here and hold on, y'all must have forgot man Kawhi. Everybody with a superpower that thinks he that thinks he's him. Man, this this the year. I'm seeing pictures of Zions. Lord looked like he in high school. He looked one eighty five. No, I'm saying lost, like how much man, he looked one eighty five. I don't know what picture I was looking at and whoever did whatever, I don't know what I'm looking at. But shot design you working, young man, that's what's up. I hope you have a great year. I'm looking forward to watching all the young boys come back all the man. Listen. It's literally get hurt in that one game and the playing huh yeah, he was, he was, he was turning he every time. Man. I hope he just can stay healthy. Oh man, listen, It's gonna be a great year this year. Man. I'm looking forward to to all the narrative. That's that's popping and getting ready to jump off. Bro, We're gonna man this, this is gonna be one of the best years right here, straight up, because everybody that listen, Phoenix gonna be better. Phoenix gonna be better, Bro, Phoenix gonna be better that the Guard. Yes, they did. They picked the talk about talking about tires, and Kevin Durant and Booker looked good in the Olympics. KD came back and gave them some energy that I don't even think they thought he was gonna get Lord I forgot. I love KD, I love Booker, But that that they're gonna be that, ain't they not? They they're going to be better. What you mean better? They got swept, But you show you surface sweat, you're so surface you're not watching. This is the new watching the turnover that happened taking I told you this all last year, the turnovers happened. I don't want to hear nothing about Phoenix. I don't want to hear nothing about the Lakers, and I don't want to hear nothing about Golden State. Right now, it's all about Minnesota, Dallas, Denver. Look, and then we gotta go to these young teams. Houston, they gonna be better, Sanatotio, they gonna be better. Memphis, they gonna They're gonna make us remember who they was before. Problem. That's what I'm trying to tell you. The turnover is right now, the turnover New Orleans Health, Desion, it's gonna be something over there. I need to see it first, man, when they don't be fanning. Don't be fanning the oven at me. You smell that, don't be giving me that. And then the Sacramento, let's see it. So the turnovers happened. So I appreciate all them guys' careers, but their teams and they legacies. But the turnover that happened last year and we saw that. So none of them guys you just named in those young teams are the agenda. Okay. No, they're not the g the course, they're not gonna get the most TV time okay, and they're not gonna get the headlines and the subplot and all of that. They win, what I'm telling you, But but they're not because we didn't give credit to Sabonus. He didn't make All Star team. They was winning. You know what I'm saying. It's a lot of teams just that's winning, that's not even getting on TV. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. It's all stars some guys. Yeah, yeah, exactly. Dog. So I'm saying this, if you think these boys just went to the Olympics and then for them not to be featured in any of the Natives this year, and if you think that Phoenix is gonna turn around, it's gonna be good for like holidays, it's gonna be good to see these messes.
Speaker 3: On games last year, thank you.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. They're talking about the sings.
Speaker 3: So the field was out thirty games too, Like we gotta take those.
Speaker 1: Don't even say nothing. But that's why I'm going to keep going. But but what was out twenty something games and then they didn't play together until they was like forty fifty fucking thirty games in.
Speaker 3: But they also have a new head coaching booholds.
Speaker 1: Also he not one, and then they got a point guard, which is what I really love.
Speaker 3: So they I think they've addressed a lot of things this offseason that leads us to believe they're gonna be better next year.
Speaker 1: And guess what they played. You saw two supers got no debt. They got two superstars that played this summer. That means some, that means they're in rhythm. I'm telling you, bro, Feni's gonna be better than what most. So they're gonna win more than forty seven games, I think. So they're gonna be plus forty seven to me. And then you know you got health with everybody. It's gonna be so hard in the West, man, So guess what. You still gotta have these young teams develop and beat Again. What seed was they this year? Six? No? They was uh yeah, they were yeah, yeah, because they gotta be by sixty. Yeah, that's I mean. And that was the so called terrible year for them. You hear me. I'm telling you, man, Devin Booker can be an MVP. You know what I'm saying, Bill, he can be an MVP. These guys, they they got it, Bro, and you got Kadie. I just think they older. You're the older. Everybody's older, and I think these young teams everybody's it's a problem.
Speaker 3: They won forty nine games.
Speaker 1: Excuse me?
Speaker 3: So two more like the.
Speaker 1: Year this year when you're going to Houston, you ain't going out. Oh no, they're going out, not in Houston, not next year, not this year coming up. The Rockets are going out. They're out. No, I'm just saying. I'm saying when the Rockets are out there going out. So yeah, you know, I'm saying, when you go to Houston and play them, you're not going out the night before that, they're going out. That's what I'm trying to tell you. Because they're out here, because they're out, That's what I'm in the oh ship, I see they might. Yeah, listen, when you go to when you go to Memphis, you might not go out. You understand, when you go to New York, you might not go out. Definitely Listen, man, listen, you go to get get that person. These teams that you're gonna be in a dog fight, you're not going out in Indiana. You're not going out in Indiana, and you're gonna get some rest. Indiana got the West Coast package, they got the whole oh my, oh my, hall, they got that, you feel me. But the Western Conference, dog, the Western Conference, it's gonna it's flipped upside down. It's flipped. Dallas is gonna be Addam Clay. You forgot about that. That is a Clay I did not forget that I didn't like Warriors. Ain't gonna be the same. Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. Yeah, yeah, he going down with that ship. That's gonna be tough though. No, it's all legacy. It's everything right now for him. Is icing on the k fifth losing hurt. I bet you, I bet you, Nigga, you man, we've both been in the been in there when you lose, like but like when you ain't getting about what type of bridge you're making, don't given about all that. I mean, obviously he want to win, but if you ain't got the personnel, then you gotta be realistic. They don't have a championship team right now that's constructed.
Speaker 3: But that's the ticket at you when you go somewhere else?
Speaker 1: Would you? I don't see him going nowhere else. So you sit there, you lose two three years. I'm gonna sit there and play my heart off for the fans who appreciated me all these years. That's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna give the game what the game gave me, and I'm gonna hold my head up and whatever it is it's gonna be. I'm gonna practice hard, every day. I'm gonna play hard every day and whatever happened happened. But I ain't gonna run to try to win another champions say that. This is where I plan in my seat. This is where I grew my flowers. This is what my roots is. Just I done made this what it is. I'm older, yeah, I'm older now my family, I got this crib here. I'm most likely gonna live out here probably when I'm done or you know. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. So, I mean, I just don't see it. So two years of losing, man, listen, he gonna play its hard out for two years and lose. It ain't gonna be on him. It's his team. I mean, I don't I don't see it. I just don't see it. I'm just saying, do you do you stay loyal and go through two years or just heartache and just using And that's gonna that's gonna that's gonna be damage to the rit that's gonna be. I saw Colds lost his last couple the last couple years, but he's still with hard did Yeah he wasn't complaining it, but it was cold though it's cold. Yeahs staff he carried out and go to stanf You think Lord trying to chase You don't think he wanted to know championship somewhere. You don't think you're sure he do. But he ain't gonna He ain't gonna go chase it. Oh No, he's still looking good, Lloyd, still man, that motherfucker looking unbelievable. Low Ki. He needs some help, bro, you need some help in the West. I mean, if you want to try to trade him to where I'm asking you, Jim, I mean, the only way I see Golden State getting back to where they need to get back, if they can find a way to get Gianni's over there. Johannis, Yeah, in Golden State here. That's random that I mean, that's that's got some information. That's all that you do. You got that sneaky ass I got in the back. Ha ha, look on your face. I know. I mean, I'm saying surprise birthday ship. You know what I'm saying. He can't holdward. I know you said still yeah. I'm just trying to picture any kind of scenario. So I don't know, like real ship, like the Dame to Milwaukee was a random when you said that, Like, man, the Dame can get the Milwauke. You're like, why the fun with Dame Man? That was looking and then it happened. That was crazy. You had inside information? No, I just I just be putting on the GM hat and I'll be trying to like your ass saying that's the best case scenario. Get out of here. You watching Love Island right watching Peel Love Island season seven.
Speaker 3: I wanted to ask you guys something we didn't think would happen with Grosspec the Celtics rupper Saleos. We talked about it. He was he said he would never sell the team and lo and behold the value as high as it is as it is right now. I spated six seven billion dollars Jeff Bezos rumored, but that's been kicked around as that's not true. Curious for you guys, you know you were a part of the team. Who would you like to see on the team Because I think whoever owns the team influences the success of the team.
Speaker 1: So it's different when you go online all this other ship, when you hear somebody like mal we never know man, and then it get in your head.
Speaker 2: Ship.
Speaker 1: It is in my head now year me so I don't. Yeah, I get it wicked. WI can uh this this this ownership group has brought the Celtics to what we know it to be. I thought they was great operators. I thought they was really really about the culture and really encapsulated that Northeast. You feel me like they are real Bostonians. They they understood the assignment when it when it came to like the Celtics, and they put a lot of They're gonna put a lot of pressure on the next group because if you don't embody it's certain, it's certain types of it's certain franchise that you got to embody the DNA of the franchise. Certain franchises, Uh encapsulate how the city, city's mentality and how the people are Boston's wan of them city. That is, it's like the example of the people and vice versa. You know, So whoever is up owning it is gonna have to encapsulate that. You're gonna have to be shamrocking in your heart when you walk around. You gotta because because that's that's what the city is. Man. When you when you're Celtic man, you're going around man, it's it's it ain't it ain't never off. You know what I'm saying. You go to eat, you wake up, you whatever you're doing. It's it's in the city, and then you go to Rhode Island. Somebody we never heard of right now. Huh, it's gonna be somebody we never heard of right now, but embodied everything you're talking about. And I'm noticing that a lot of tech boys is coming into sports, binding up these teams. So you know a lot of a lot of these you know, I'm watching tech too, going to some of the productions and buying up some of the you know, the platforms in which we love watching our favorite shows and stuff. So and maybe some parody there, you know what I'm saying. But whoever it is, you're gonna have to come in and embody that whole Celtic and ha like that, you know, because because that's what they really did it for. Man, you'll be having a conversation with Vick and he'll bring up the fans. Man, we gotta you know, for the fans. We got da da da da da, you know, all man, the fans that gonna allow us to do like it was. He was already he was always in that. He was always in that cloud of I gotta I have a responsibility to the hash and having this this precious gym, how do we curate and grow this precious gem. I really felt like that when I talked to him. You know what I'm saying. So, whoever it is, gonna have to have a piece of that, right because if you if you come in here just trying to flip it and it's about the butt. Nah. Nah. The fans sniffed that out. Man, the fans in Boston, they're not career there. They'll take that motherfucker up if they have to, you know what I'm saying. To prove a point. But yeah, that's gonna be a good one. That's gonna be a tough one. I don't think so. I think who I think? Actually, just to think about, you get a championship team that's got eighteen banners already, it comes. You ain't got to put nothing known. You just got to polish it up and put the new engine in. And they make sure they might have to throw us in there in there on there in their tip. I'm with it, man, they might have to throw us in there.
Speaker 3: Top five most iconic kind of sports franchises to hone.
Speaker 1: I'd say, man, they might have to throw us in there. That's caster Man. But yeah, man, I think we're just going to look for a big payday too, as you should. You know. See, he's gonna probably go for about what I'm glad he paid everybody though before he's saying he did, right, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: I want you guys to pick of these three teams who you think will have the best season, because bet MGM ranks them as all having a right around the same win total for the year. It's the Calves, the Magic or the Pacers. Who of those three teams you think will have the best season going into next year?
Speaker 1: Calves the MAVs.
Speaker 3: No Calves Magic and Pacers.
Speaker 1: Calves, Magic and Pacers. The Pacers had the better record out of all of them last year, right right, No. Four, four Pacers was the worst out of them, yo, man, Pacers was fourth. Pacers was the worst out of all of them. Well, I'm saying that the Pacers went further than any of those three teams. That's what I meant to say. Excuse me, the Pacers went further than all three of those teams. I think the Pacers was like, the Pacers went to the Eastern Conference Finals against the Celtics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the Caps won forty eight games last year. I get that cas was ahead and Patte.
Speaker 1: Pacers went further than any of those three teams.
Speaker 3: That's what I just magic was forty seven.
Speaker 1: They was all the same. But I think I think Orlando is gonna be better than them. Let's see, I think they got something down there because I think they got the best player out of those three teams. I think close like Donovan Mitchell a lot. I think Donovan's probably the best player. But Poblo, I mean Paolo ben Caro and Franz Waima Wagner and his brother. They young, they confident, sugs down and they got they got a team down there. Do they understand how to play together? And they gonna be a problem though. They're the only team in the last couple of years that gave the Celtics problems. Out of those teams, So I think out of those, out of Orlando, Calves and Indiana, I'll be more shook up of Orlando. I like Cleveland, man, just because something right right down there. Though when you said it Garland and Garland and Spider Man actually in the in the microwave world that we live in. You want things to be exact, and maybe that that needs to just curate more, right, But I like that combination, you know what I'm saying. And then Moby just got paid. I'm expecting him to come with some some some new energy against the Celtics and something up with the chemistry though, I just yeah, it's you know, they got a new coach. Yeah, it's some new energy in there. So I'm looking forward to seeing how how all that comes together. But saying that Cleveland quietly has always been in the in the East, fourth and fifth place quietly, and they got a bona fide superstar over there, who can close games, who can get you fifty or sixty. He's still young enough to go out here and be in the mix. He'll put on your motherfucker head and he's a real leader, in real all star man. Donovan Mitchell is proven. Garland and Mobley are the next pieces. They didn't play without. They played without the big fellow, a big jack look jar. But they need they need something else, know, they need depth, They need more pieces. You got our favorite over there, Amani Bait. You know what I'm saying, He gonna get better. But I say this to say, out all three of them, Polo is probably the superstar superstar if he can reach that potential, right, I think he got. But you got to put some pieces with him too. I love the Wagoners and all that, but you gotta with some pizzas with him too. I love I love Cole Anthony, I love his I love how he Conpete. They just got a lot of really good young players. Show this fucking Calves though, Calves got like five five to six that you're like, oh oh. But then in Indiana, what's the name didn't even play this year. Man Malcolm Mattherin was hurtless in the playoffs. He's he's he's a factor. Indiana is the sleeping to me in which gets they get no credit for nothing. Miles turn and play great this year. They didn't play without their their second third league score. I thought God's Nate Smith and all those guys stepped up. They played hard throughout the year. Bro Like, it's gonna be hard to discount any play at the high rate they play like this East is gonna be. It's gonna be deep this year, now that I think about it. Paul George going to Philly shifted the East, and I'm same with uh, Michal Bridges going to Knicks. That's that's that's the top. And then when we ca they forget about is Milwaukee gonna be better? Are they they gonna be healthy? They? I think they're gonna be better. I don't know. I think another year together. Now. Under Dog Doc came in the middle of the year. They already played like thirty games. He's gonna get a training camp now, number one, he got it. Yeah, but they now he's gonna get his training camp, he's gonna get his coaching staff together. They gonna be better. I don't know, Pe, you still got Giannis over there. Giannis is still a major day and they still a major threat.
Speaker 3: Full training camp, a team too. She got traded there late late, and uh.
Speaker 1: It's hard to come in the middle of the year and you you're one of the main pieces and just try to feel like you're gonna make a run. You know what I'm saying, Like, now you're gonna all right, I need this. This is gonna training camp preseason, all right. Me and you are picking rolls. We are communication better. You know we're going to dinners now, you know all right, I didn't have the off the court affairs boom is time to hoop. I still gotta see what militant looks like because because he's a big factor in their growth, he's he hasn't been the Middleton that we know from the beat. That's why that ship looking like that, Broe, I'm telling you. And then the East got better. Bro let's keep it real. The Knicks got better, Cleveland got better. Uh uh uh, Philly got better. Bro, you got can you beat them three teams? And then the seas Man they got four teams? This damn the bell can they beat those four teams? Like, That's what I'm saying. And then you got a man when he talked about Miami, all you gonna be the best player in the East, Man, you can't say that wouldn't beat over there? Lord? All right? And with Jason Tatum, I understand, Jason, we're throwing, we're talking. Yeah, but he's arguably the best player in that No, arguably, No, I'm not arguing that. So first round the last two years, thank you injuries though he went first round though the last two years. Yeah, the last year's he that with injurw That's what I'm saying, so, you can't say that what you just said, I can't. I would not argue against MB against Tatum, you know what I'm saying against No, Yeah, yeah, for sure. I mean, I mean he's in the conversation. He's probably like the fourth best player over there, I mean, fourth best player in the East. You're taking it from the fourth best. You're taking Giannis over Tatum. All right, let's just name the top. You're taking Giannis over Tatum. You got Tatum, MB. You don't want to ask the question, well, Tatum's at the top. You just want a okay, cool. So I said, you're taking Giannis overtated. That's a no. You're taking him over me. Yeah, taking him over. I like, I like him him over. Ship ahead and they finished this you ain't ship No, I'm just that that's what mean. He from kands. You're taking him over. But if BI come in and top not show both healthy, both healthy, who you take? You know how big he'd be working his way into shape, so.
Speaker 3: And beat on one leg in the playoffs, had fifty hold on.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, it's close. It's close down, bro. Johanna is just his presence is crazy on both ends. You know it's crazy, bro, And I was thinking about this, Man, we have lost our way as fans watching the game. We we I mean, the athlete is purely, purely remarkable for this when we watched the athlete so much and so much, you know of years of just great greatness that man, we the fan have become spoiled. Man, I won't. Man, I'm saying, if you're listening to this like bro, like you, we talk about aliens, Bro, you know where your aliens are. Your aliens are. Your athletes run as fast, jump as fast. We just saw the Olympics, right, No regular person in there that had on that country was regular. And as a fan, man, we got to always make sure that we appreciating what we're seeing out of these athletes. Man, real shit, you don't know how You don't know the countless hours that these athletes can put in to be these type of athletes. Bro, I want you to go in your neighborhood and I want you to walk up and down your block, knock on the door and go and go and go. Ask whoever's in there. A forty year old ask the forty year old man or woman to come outside. That's what a real forty forty year old looks like. Lebron James about to be forty years old in the NBA. Bro, that's not what a normal forty year old looks like. You understand what he's doing is truly remarkable. You just said the man with average thirty Johanna's average thirty and eleven, and we up to talking about he yeah, I'm like, what we talking about? Thirty eleven? It's like carrying a boulder up a mountain. My listen, he's just been injured in the playoff. We have spoiled the fan. Bro, were talking thirty eleven like this, like ship like this shit, Like yeah, come on now, man, kudos to all the athletes, bro, straight up, because you gotta go in there and you gotta put in the work to be able to see what y'all say. Man, how are you ranking the East though? Right now? Though, man, listen, look at the East. How are you ranking it? Because when we talk about these Middland teams, if you ain't better than these four teams, you don't have a chance in the East. Celtics. Okay, next man, he was loud with that. They lost, right, they lost Indiana. He did, Lord Lord, Lord, I saw Julius Randall shout to Julius Randa. I saw him. Man. When I saw him, he pulled me to the side. You know when the young boys pull you to the side. That's what I'm saying, Lord Man, New York is trying to do something special, bro, and then they can do it in this climate. The only problem is it's a big old buzz salt right above them. That's a green bussau that's cutting everything ahead. Let me keep it real. If you ain't got no guard, play at the front. You ain't got a one. That could be two way. You can't play with the Seas your guard. That's to Lord four. I've been in the lab this whole summer. You know what really distinguished the seeds that holiday and that D White combination. And guess what, they'll switch you and you think that you got the lesser of the two and D White the movie is finish and then they sat another pickure now Brown picking you up. You ain't ready for that. You can't beat the Seas. They set the president in the east in the league. Who if your guard play, ain't this you can't play like what's a great. Like I'm trying to think of a matchup. What you gotta have out Listen, it goes to Seas, it goes to Knicks, and I'm saying Philly, and then you got you got Orlando, Cleveland and Miami right behind that little right there in that little Philly matchup with the Seas. I think Philly's effort in those three guys they got over there because MAXI can get you fifty and be Can he's an MVP. And then you got Paul George who's premiere. That's gonna get you some. You feel what I'm saying. Now, you got to play both ends, right right, Max, Maxie the Knicks over Philly right now? Yeah? Yeah, the Knicks deep dognis is the only team you think potentially can match up with. Now, I think the Knicks have the depth to be able to challenge the Seas I'm talking about because they an they gotta have a dog, you know what I'm saying, Lord to beat Jaylen Brown in the pool with a wait and I don't know what he's doing, But if you ain't doing that in the pool, bro, I don't know what's going on. If you ain't in the pool doing what he doing. I don't know, and they know they finna get everybody's best bro. They know it, you know what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying. It's different when you know you coming down here, they know you coming down here. Ship. Who in the West? Who in the West? I told you I like him that man. Listen, who you like in the West. I love Memphis in the West, just because the boys in Minnesota, Minnesota. I love Minnesota. I just think you we're speaking sleepers, you know what. Listen, the West go like this Minnesota, OKC. Everybody else. Denver not in there no more. There was definitely in there, okay, but the third and then everybody else because everybody else is gonna be a cluster. I think they took a step back. I think Denver they lost KCP was huge. Oh Ship, that's enough thing on. Yeah, that's that's That's why I got in the landout. Yeah. They got westk Yeah, they got Westbrook over there. Yeah. How you feel about you like Westbrook over in Denver? They play up and down. Yeah. I think it's good, But I think they they they need shooters around Joker. You know, if he gonna be manning the high posts and cutters and getting space in the post. You need to be able to spread. KCP was a big part of that, and p how they won and what they are now, those are two totally different teams personally. You know what's happening to them, and it's reminded me of our team. It's like we won and then y'all let this god go, and then the next year you let this god go. It was just like you just kept taking pieces that we needed to repeat and do all these other things because they lost Brown after the first one and then now you're losing KCP was instrumental, Uncle Jeff was. I mean, they just keep losing their instrumental pieces, Bro, And I don't it's gonna be hard for them. It's gonna be hard for them to get back to what made them. Actually, I thought great, and there was the movement and their and their and their the ability to share the ball and then shoot the ball and just they're just from mere airy little know each other. Yeah, but you got so you you still got them top three, top five, Yeah, I think as long as you got Joker and we ain't said the boy Dallas, that was gonna be what, Bro. That is gonna be different. Bro Dallas in there. Bro.
Speaker 3: One team that we haven't discussed, the Sacramento Kings. I got to mortal Rosen on the team. I'm curious how you feel where they stack out West. They got two of the best closers in the league and Fox and Derosan.
Speaker 1: They do, but it's just they don't have an aura. Yeah, they don't have a presence about them. They don't. Seriously, real shit, It's like like Anthony Edwards brings an aura to Minnesota, the Joker brings an aura. Uh and in Dallas, Yeah, Luca, Luca and Kyrie bring up as you know what I'm saying. It's just Sacramento. I don't I don't see that. President. I tell you this though, Sacramento one of them teams that you don't want to see. No, you on them back to backs and you're going out and then we did this then and we got to make two three games. They ain't the team you want to run in there. Even John Moran, he bring an aura to me. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: They're closing five though of Sacramento is pretty damn good.
Speaker 1: Thought, they're really good. It's just like nobody is like looking at them, liked to come out of the West, but you know the same time, they got that team that sneak up on your ass. I like the Rosing over there. Yeah, I mean it's good, but like in the seven game series, you're not scared, you ain't tripping. They're good, but it's just like, I don't see them guy getting to the conference finals. Yeah, you know, they'll always be a first and second round threat, but conference finals wise, I need a I don't know. It's just that presence, isn't there. Yeah, Minnesota, I feel like it's one of them teams that's on their way. They remind me of when we first started watching the young Seeds put their team together and started you know what I'm saying, That's what Minnesota felt like. They had a good run. I want to see how they come back in. I know, coming off an Olympic year could be electric with just new energy and stuff. But I'm eager to see how Minnesota, Okay, see start the year. You know what I'm saying, Like, I think that's important to see how not only how you left it, but where you are trying to continuate or being able to catch the same wave you that. I like the young rookie they got in the draft. What's the kid name that went to Minnesota. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah from from Kentucky. I like him. I like him. He's very ship from Kentucky, right, yeah, yeah. I think he's gonna make them better and stuff. So yeah, I'm looking forward to the tips that Dillingham, Dillingham, Dellingham, something like that. I'm looking for all the teams that started off strong last year. I'm eager to see how they start. You can see how from the comments Edwards made about U O GS. What do you say?
Speaker 3: He says to say, it was tougher back then it is now. I don't think anybody had skill. Back then, Michael Jordan was the only one that really had skill, you know what I mean. And then he said everyone yeah, he's like so so why when they saw Kobe they were like, oh my god. But now everybody has skill.
Speaker 1: He talking about the nineties because we the Kobe era.
Speaker 3: He also prefaced by saying he didn't watch back then, and he's also twenty three years old, so like we got to take.
Speaker 1: That into account. Man, I mean, this is one of the most skilled players that ever played a game. I mean, you know, I think that was directed more toward the Jordan era because when when I hear that and I really start thinking about it, I'm like, nah, that's not true, because you have multiple players who had hell of skill. I'm talking about come on, now, that's pretty much doing the same things they's doing. Now. You know, we had the guards who was going up doing the stuff. But we see d Rose and Jahn Morant doing I mean I've seen Baron Davis, Steve Francis, and Kevin Johnson doing all that type of stuff. I will say this, the skill level has gotten better with this generation, but I don't think overall it makes you better player. I think I think the imagination and the flare of the game is not the same, you know what I'm saying. Like they don't play as much basketball as we did. They work out individually, we played five on five. Our creativity for the game was a lot better in our era, because like, who's a showman? Who would you consider like a showman of today? Like Kyrie maybe with the dribbles and jaw high flying job. I mean when yeah, exactly, I mean think about the creativity exactly, like Vince Carter We never seen nothing like that. That was something different. I mean magic Johnson white chocolate, I mean nobody. We don't see people pass the way j Kidd did. Like it's like unreal, Like we don't see that type of creativity no more, you know. So my question to you is when you see youngsters though, Man, I didn't watch, so I don't it is it important for you back to what we gotta go back to tickets? Favor is saying to me, you ain't watching the games. Lord, You ain't watching the games. Lord, you ain't going back watching the games. Lord. I don't think any buying this generation could have played like twenty years ago. If I'm being one hundred and this is the This is to everybody in our league. Tatum, Oh y'all, let me tell y'all something. Bro. Twenty years ago, Bro, you couldn't get to a triple step back. Na, you hear what I'm saying to you. You couldn't get to a triple step back. And then if you shot that shit, it had to go in. You know why, Cause we had we had efficiency lap back in the day, my dude, and it was so fucking hard. It was too physical. And guess what the league had to come off of it for the flow of movement to be able to have scoring go up, which is why we like to sit here and watch kind of the rat race of the high paced game. Right. But Bro, let's not talk about the gaming ship and let's not talk about the physicality of the game back then. Real shit, because I only think half these kids in the league could have been on an NBA team twenty years ago. Straight up. The locker room was two. It was it was It was too grown. You know what I watched too, You know what I was grown? It was two. It was two of them. It was too much of a of a fraternity. You know what I'm stand like? Yeah, man, the hands check, Bro, it was a different it was a different It was a different vibration. David Stern did a great job of taking all of the physicality out of the game. You understand, freedom of a movement means freedom of a movement. Man, Back in the day when you had to get by Paul because Paul was squared over with you and read the slide and then he could body you, he could poke, he could use his hands. But I can use my hands. I can fight through a screen. Bro, the shit that we saw in the in the in the in the in the in the Olympics, with similar style play when the guard can ride you damn near over the pick and if you don't know how to get out of that, and and the nigga like holiday when he come out and he get over he there, so if you go across him, Bro, you don't even That's what I'm saying, bro. Man, The the the the levels in which you had to be not only strong enough but skilled enough to get by this thing in front of you. You understand that. Then they ain't never seen a six seven Rodman guard you. Bro. I see you, I see you, and you know you in the scout report. We know you go left. We know you can finish right, but you go left to pull up. Bro. Everybody knows, Bro. Niggas watching the games back then, Isaiah Thomas is in the Dumars Man Dumars shut Jordan down. Bro. They was coming to you might get your nose broke trying to dump you understand, Dwayne Wade broke Cole's nose in the All Star Game. Man. Bro, It's just different. It was. It was very different back then. Bro, real shit, I'm talking about in the locker room. Can't be on your phone in the locker room. Can't bro twenty years ago? Nobody in this era could have played twenty five years ago. We said that, and I'm talking about not just the play and all the skill that everybody got actually was taught was called bad shots and lack of efficiency. It was until they start fucking with all the data and saying take more threes than twols. Before then we played ball, Bro, we do you give a fuck about all that other ship and the GM couldn't come down and say, put into a game playing with a coach like Doc or d'An TONI talking about were trying to get touches and test the paint, Bro, I didn't see it. That's what I'm trying to say. In this era has a mid ring. You couldn't get. No nobody in this era has a post game. And the ones that do look amazing. Look at shake Shane got a mid range. Yeah you know what I'm saying. It's only like a few of them got what I'm saying. Bro to dribble, pull up, y'all do okay, y'all fell if you hear me, and then y'all exhaust the ball. Y'all are dribbling that air out of the ball. Y'all dribble the ball one hundred times more than another nigga catch it off the belce. One dribble jubber. Let me see you do that off the belce. Let me see your skill work off that. I ain't even knowing it like this, But but you can't come from niggas and not expect the rebutt on ship, bro, real ship, it was totally different. You had to have that work and you had to really work on your ship. And it wasn't No. You was out two three as man your teammates. Hey, bro, what you're doing tonight? You're going now? I can't go man, my toe nail off, Man, I can't, nah, Bro, you can't even come in here and lead no niggas like that, you hear me. So you had to strap it up and you had to get out here. You had to dive on the float. You had to get in the rumble. Yeah, real ship, you had, man, it was men leading men. Yeah. Ain't none of these niggas been in no lockout and Anthony lads don't know what's going on the lead policy this, bro. You understand what I'm talking about. The leader, bro, Man, I can't even say this. I can't even say it and say you didn't Jordan, the only one has skilled you. Yeah, I know you didn't watch the game. Saying that you can't say that respects the young fellow. Man. I don't get on here, and we don't use this platform to to doubt anything. But I'm not gonna start the cunning. I'm here to elevate the game out here to help the young players elevate themselves. But it all raised different eras, and when you hear Michael Jordan, some of the greats talk about the different eras of play, the eighties were different from the seventy and seventies were different from the sixties, and sixties was different from the fifties. But in all of it, it had gaming ship, it had aggressiveness, and they had stuff they came with it that you didn't really hear about that you hear now, man, Shit, halthy muffles can't even be in the locker room half. They niggas coming from no parents and one mom. And you know what I'm saying, a lot of these niggas got they mom and dad and a lot of the niggas ain't even outside my nigga. I'm really from the park, man, I'm really I'm probably from Bashwood. Really didn't pay a Streamfield Park. I'm saying Cleveland Park all the part. I really was at ar Gale. I really was on sixteenth. I really was hanging out on Ridge Way, like I'm saying that to say that. Yeah, Like, man, it was different times. So when I hear these things, they don't add up because it was a different time of how you played, bro, you know what I'm saying. Then there was a lot of two way players back then that was real niggas. I'm talking about stars. I'm talking about Gary Payton, the Jason kids, the Michael George, the Grand Heels though, the mcgrandy's and the cod the you know what I'm saying, The TVs, the c Wellams, the the Ma She's the hems been talking about the sixties. No, nah, Lord, he feeling himself and I like that. I like that he feels good. But when you're a savant and you're talking to the league and you spitting different ship, now, you gotta know what you're talking about to be in the argument or be in the discussion of what we're talking about to say that they're most skilled ship twenty years. You couldn't get to a triple step back all that ship, James Harden and all that ship, and then too if you were drivening the air the ball, bro theyga told you straight up man swinging, man, what you're doing, what you're doing? Jims you out here, hold on, I got it back. And then we had plays that you had to remember and if you could, if you can remember the plays, you couldn't be out here. It wasn't all that switching ship. You had actually strategy to where the strategy had to go to two five, two and four y'all, three and four y'all doing this? Man, you had a list of ship that you had to be responded. Now something oh I didn't forgot, and you know what fuck is? Just throw him out there because he's good. Nah, bro, there's a whole nother level of ship. So you know know what you're speaking about. But yeah, I'll root for you, young fellow. Just know what you're talking about, young fella, because that you said don't make no sense.
Speaker 3: Last thing I want to ask you guys about NBA schedule came out Ring Night. We were just talking about Celtics, We're just talking about Nick's ring night. What do you guys remember from that night, specifically getting your guys ring.
Speaker 1: Man, that was just like we wanted the day we want it. But then Ring Knight just was like, damn, that was the official major stamp because then you've seen it go up. You've seen that thing go up. It was like, ooh, what's official. Ooh, that thing go up when you kiss, when you get that jury, when you get that jury, that's that stamp right there, Like you want it, and you understand the effects of winning at the parade, you got the big trophy and all of that. But when that ring come where you could really be out in the streets and and take flicks with it and really flex with it, you the only one doing that and flex with it. That make it officials. Like when you walk into that room. Now, when you go to that charity event, or you go to dinner with your wife or girlfriend or sister brother, and you got that thing on you. Yeah, everybody looking at you. Nobody's going to dinner in the ring drinking that dud, drinking your drink. You got your drink. Yeah, Like nobody's doing that doing that. Nobody everybody doing that, reen Knight. It's two nights, so I'm just being honest. Green Night is the culmination that whatever we did last year is officially over. Closed the door, don't talk about it no more. So boom right, yeah, En you put it on its beautiful boom. But cross the way watching that ship. Nobody wants to watch somebody everbody else win. Damn, nobody wants to watch somebody else get their ring. And there's so much steam Like listen, MVP award getting jeans make steam come out of any player, you understand, Like sitting over there watching that. Imagine anthonyte was watching Jason Tatum get a ring. Imagine watching the Knicks looking at the Celtis get their rings. Just sitting there and you gotta sit there for like fifteen twenty five thirty minutes. It ain't like something you know they do it. Hey, welcome to the TV that tonight. We got to name it's ring Nights. It's even worse if and they do the equipment managers, they do, the coaches, they do the office. You sitting there, you know what make it worse if you that other team, If you that other team that they beat in the playoffs. That's what makes it worse. If you gotta be there. Yeah, see if they had Indiana that It's like when we we did our ring night, Cleveland was in the building. They went back to the locker, They went to locker room. They ain't watch that shit Lebron. So you weren't staring at Lebron across the team. He was in the locker room. I was getting the ringd No, I don't know who was in the building. I got my ring. I just I saw my kids. I ain't seen nothing else. Yeah, I know what I'm saying. I got the ring eye. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. But man, to sit over there and watch that dog smoke.
Speaker 3: You're pretty emotional pie watching back.
Speaker 1: Uh you know you that night, That's what I look like right there. No, no, no, get That's how I know you ain't really crying. You know you cry, you on your on it. You know you wiped out. He'll let the tears drop that you don't cry. Don't cry me getting the call anyway, you know, so I cry too. I'm just I'm just poking at an interview. But big John, God, what's going on with your big God damn big I really wanted to walk on that ship. That's why I was crying. I couldn't courage.
Speaker 3: That interview actually is now circulating back on I saw it on Twitter and people are saying it was one of the most raw like kind of sports interviews ever.
Speaker 1: Frustrated as fuck. I listen, one, listen the element of being a professional. I see all the interviews out here. Look the little kid in the basement with the hoodie on said, with your chest, my dude, you feel me. It's all good. But I say that to say that, Yeah, the element of embarrashment and the element of exposure to yourself is the biggest thing that you know when you when it's real for you, you live in it. Bro. It could be frustrating like that. So it's not one of my better moments. But you know, I wear it on my and I couldn't wear it, and I was having some tough days up there minute. When you wear it, that emotion, you know that's what it is. You can tell. But Big John, get me a hug after that, boy, Big John, no hug. Nobody you feel me, Big John. You're gonna be good. What you good? Man. I felt that, and I needed that. That was a magical interview that only Big John could probably bring out of me. You know what I'm saying, I'll know what it is man taking the truth. Yes, sir,