Speaker 1: It it could happen here. Yeah, that's the podcast that you're listening to. It's also the thing that is happening. The thing that is happening is it is a kind of rough time to be a transperson in the US and also in most other countries. And you know, we do a lot of episodes on this show about how it's rough and why it's rough and the specific things that are happening. But also sometimes we do we do the other part of the podcast, which is to put it back together part of the podcast, or in this one, I this is more of a bring to birth a new world from the ashes of the old episode. And in order to talk about doing that, we're talking to Samantha Medina, who's an organizer for Donut Workings United and also the Coalition of Independent Unions and Shineyid who is an organizer for the CiU and also the IWW. And yeah, both you two. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks for having us, good to be on.
Speaker 1: Great to talk to both of you. And so the specific thing that Yeah, I wanted to talk about today is the trans Day of Solidarity that is being organized in Portland right now. And Yeah, I wanted to I guess we should start with what is this event, who is doing it, and then we can get into why it is being done.
Speaker 3: Sure thing, So, the Trans Day of Solidarity is an event being put on right now by the Coalition of Independent Unions, and it's an event that's basically about both celebrating trans people in the labor movement and the worker's movement as a whole, highlighting the importance of workplace in union organizing for trans communities as a way for us both to survive but also to struggle towards our own liberation. And finally, it's a way of it's a way of sort of us clarifying how we can start using workplace struggle as a means of turning the tide against the current genocide.
Speaker 2: With this, Yeah, that covers most of it.
Speaker 4: I think the only thing that I'd like to add is a lot of what this event is around is bringing awareness to the trans community and specifically our experience within the labor movement and on the job. And it is a way, as Shaneide mentioned, to kind of like highlight exactly what unions do and can do for trans people well at the same time also giving us a moment to remind unions that they should be doing more.
Speaker 2: Even if what they're already.
Speaker 4: Doing is great, they could always do more. And especially in a time right now where trans people are facing the discriminations particular to us across this country right now, and as she mentioned, the world, but focusing on the United States, it's really important that the avenues that are there to protect us are aware.
Speaker 2: Of how it to protect us.
Speaker 4: So I think this is our opportunity to kind of remind unions to step it up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I mean I think I think another thing that's kind of important about this in particular is, yeah, you know about bunch of YouTube are intimately aware of this. But I don't know if overrepresented is the right term. But like trans people, like literally right now in particular, are effectively the vanguard of new union organizing. They are you know, enormously like quote unquole, I guess, I guess overrepresentati or whatever that's the word you want to use in in you know, like among union organizers a lot of actually and then this I think is you know, another thing I'm excited about for this is that like y'all are kind of like at the forefront I guess of like what the new sort of union organizing stuff is and how it's how it's sort of you know, how how it's been working, and so like that the fact that this is like the one place where there's actually a lot of us and that you know, is a place where there's enough of us that it actually matters is important and that you know that that works in a lot of directions at the same At the same time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I think it's good to acknowledge that, like, yeah, there are a lot of trans people that are organizing their workplaces. There's a lot of trans people taking part in their unions, and you know, a lot of that I think comes out of necessity, like if we're not there to discuss our needs with these unions or to create our own unions at a necessity where like maybe our CIS coworkers don't understand the struggle that we face on the shop floor, so.
Speaker 2: By reminding them, we're able to make it better. You know.
Speaker 4: Like all that's great and true and everything, but I think it's also really good to acknowledge that, like LGBTQ people in general, whether they just be trands or otherwise have been organizing and organizing their workplaces for decades now, So I think a lot of this like, yeah, we're seeing a lot more trans people involved, but we're also seeing a lot more recognition and visibility of trans people than ever bookedore right.
Speaker 3: Well, and part of the reason we're so involved is because it's a matter of basic survival. Right. The average trans masculine and non binary person make about seventy percent of the media and US wages, whereas transpendent people make sixty percent. And this is below like compared to SIS people. You know, that's that's wild, right. The level of homelessness, of discrimination of job, loss of hours being reduced, punishment of sexual harassment on the job is just you know, it's it's unconscionable, and it always has been, even in the good days. It was garbage and miserable and honestly took a lot of us out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean, you know, like part of part of the thing with that rud is like that all of that has knock on effects, right, you know, if you can't get a job and the job you can get pay less, A lot of this forces people, you know, like the rate of homelessness is unbelievably hot people get evicted constantly, and this, you know, this, this, this, all this ties together with sort of like transhousing struggles, because that's a huge thing. And yeah, the conferences, this is like, yeah, a lot of a lot more of us end up dead. And the way that we don't end up dead is by fight, is by fighting. And one of the places that you know, like one of the places we've gotten good at is fighting in the workplace.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And I like, I mean, I'm talking from my own experiences, you know, as an organizer and as an IWW member for god seventeen years now, Like wow, yeah, it's like I think about all the major campaigns that I've seen, and all of them, all of them have had trans people at as core organizers for each and every shop from the Canvasser's strikes to Burgerville to any number of like fast food shops and service sector shops and retail shops. Like every single time, there are folks that are are trends, that are playing key rules. Which is given that we're what probably between two and four percent of the population at least, uh, you know, at least according to current testaments, probably gonna be higher, but you know that's shouldn't be possible.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is shocked.
Speaker 3: It makes no sense except for the fact that well, survivability bias. Motherfuckers, it's this or we're dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like no, I mean yeah, very well, no, no, no, it's I.
Speaker 4: Mean that is the blatant truth, right, And I mean, like, even if we're not talking about life and death, I mean, it's the difference of whether we have access to a bathroom to you, you know, yeah, like you know, like yes, of course this is also about life and death. But like, you know, I think another thing that trans people based a lot is like access to health care, or really the lack thereof access to health care, and especially healthcare that will actually get us, you know, the medication that we need to be on or the surgeries that we need, because again, these are issues that help with dysphoria, and we all know the statistics on how dyspory affects people of all ages, and that is again a matter of life and death. So like, I don't think that's wrong to not sugarcoat that stagey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right.
Speaker 3: And there's another side to it too, is that like this is also a point of community. This is a point of actually like folks from you know, it's meeting up with other trans folks, but it's also like working together with others, like with CIS coworkers and friends. Right, this is a point of belonging and togetherness and of being able to really be there for your neighbors and your friends and your coworkers in ways that like and to be a part of community, which is something that is often stripped of us. Right. Yes, it's about survival and it's about what we need to do in order to keep breathing, but it's also about we need to do to live, you know, to go beyond survival, to have joy and to have enough money to make it through, and you know, maybe people to actually have something for ourselves, maybe be able to not have the constant anxiety but instead spend more time being happy about who we are. Ceacy to overlook that, but again biased sample source, But almost all my fondest memories are from being side by side with my fellow workers.
Speaker 2: Right absolutely.
Speaker 4: And I think also, you know, like time's gone long enough now where you know, trans people are starting to be something that people are aware of, something people are talking about, whether.
Speaker 2: That's in the best ways or not. We're at least more than we.
Speaker 4: And I you know, I think like organizing in general community in general, whether that's you know, community, uh, within the city you live in, or within your workplace. You know, like a lot of our success at being able to live the lives that we want to have or be the people that we want to be and be respected for that really does come down to our family members, our co workers, our friends, and ultimately complete strangers who we need to rely on.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I hate to use the word ally, but we need our allies more than ever, and it's about time that they step up to and that starts typically speaking in your community and in your workplace.
Speaker 2: I think it's also really.
Speaker 4: Good to address the fact that, like, you know, when we're talking about trans issues and organizing around them and like organizing the workplace in your community and all that, Like, it's it's also important to acknowledge how intersectional the trans experiences. And that's something I really wanted to try to We got talking about specifically about unions and things like that, because also unions are an incredibly intersectional piece of politics and life that we need to appreciate. Because when we talked about these statistics affecting trans people. They affect disabled trans people and black and brown trans people at much much more much high rates then they affect white trans people. And I think that unions being something and not just unions, I mean every aspect of organizing and community building really needs to pay attention to this.
Speaker 2: But I think this is something that is so ingrained in unions that unions have been fighting for this sort of.
Speaker 4: Protections that are very intersectional, you know, like whether they're protecting women in the workplace, whether they're protecting black and brown people, whether they're protecting disabled people, or whether they're protecting trans people. That is a large part of why you unions were established. You know, we talked about wages and working hours a lot, and that is all fine and dandy, and it's wonderful, and that's something that is a base core value of unions. But I don't think it's celebrated enough how much work unions did in equality in this country. And I think this is just a continuation of that tradition. And trans people just happen to be one of the largest topics right now, and we tend to have one of the largest targets on our back more than we've ever had before.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, I think that's why.
Speaker 4: We discussed unions in relation to this, because for you know, working class folk, that's where a lot of our organizing begins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think I think it's actually honest, it's had an interesting impacts on the kind of union organizing as happening because you know, like one of one of the sort of consequences of transferbent discrimination in workplaces is that you get a lot of trans people in what is Okay, I refuse to call it service sector. I'm gonna there's gonna be a whole episode that's been yelling about the service sector that's coming to a recording thing near you, specifically like job jobs and fast food jobs that are very low wage, like high turnover things, and particularly fast who's been a very interesting because that's that's a sector that like a lot of trade unions just completely ignored, like they just gave up on and you know, like they've been starting to organize like Starbucks in the past few years, right, but like you know, like if you want to look at the people who've actually been trying to organize fast food workers, it turns out it's a bunch of trans people because because because who works, because who actually does this stuff?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Turns out turns out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot to be said about that, like with larger unions, and larger unions, especially within the trades, have done a lot of great work, you know, and that's the lovely and I appreciate them for that.
Speaker 2: But on the other hand, they really did turn their back on the service sector industry for the silliest reason possible, which is that.
Speaker 4: High turnover is just too difficult. And we want to talk about people, Yeah, it's just too difficult.
Speaker 2: You know, who wants.
Speaker 4: To organize something difficult, right, like that might cost too much money or not make them enough money, And which I find highly hypocritical of unions in general. I mean, like not of all unions, but like, if that is a stance that unions will take to not organize the service industry, being a union seems to be exactly why you would target those industries, right, because those are where workers needed most. And if we want to talk about high turnover rates being the reason, who do we think is affected the most by high turnover rates? You know, like it is hard to find a job as a trans person, let alone keep a job for any length of time, there's oftentimes no upward mobility for trans people in that job, and so you pace a variety of life issues when you're not making enough money, which inevitably leads to you losing your job and adding to the high.
Speaker 2: Turnover rates in these companies.
Speaker 4: This is exactly why, and we can get into you know, what we've been up to and what we're doing later, but that's exactly why the CiU and the IWW and other organizations like us do what we do is because we believe in helping the workers that need it most, who are underrepresented and not taken care of by the larger units.
Speaker 3: Because we are those workers, right, I mean, that is the thing we're able to do this and put you know, I mean, we'll put the fucking hours in because that's us. We're doing this because it's the only way out, right. So like when we schedule something like or like create an event like the trans Day of Solidarity, we're doing this because both on the backbone of years of experience, but especially like collectively but also bringing in new organizers because we knew how we can think back to how we were brought in, right, we can talk think back to our friends, our allies, and our especially our transfellow workers who were the ones who mentored us well before the tipping point in a lot of cases, right, because this is why we're here, and like thinking about who this affects, right, I mean, like it affects trans people deeply, and it can cut off our access to the healthcare that many, but not all of us very much need to keep going. And the threats above us, you know, only increase as the like you know, the oppressions you face are are increasing. Right, if you're a transpression of color, if you're disabled, like you were saying, right, like, shit gets worse, it gets harder, The sword over your head dangles a little closer, so we work to figure a way to get out from under it. But it's also like why the Trans Day of Solidarity, Like when we talk about it, it's it's an event that that is what it is because it's designed to not simply be us just speaking into the wind, but it's meant to be a practical thing. Right. The the whole event itself is is like a rally with you know, trans speakers from you know, a number of different shops and unions in town. But it's also then just quickly becomes a flying picket, right, And this is a tradition that I think we do miss a little bit in this country. The flying picket's an old one and it's a it's a fucking goldie. It's where you get a big old mob of people and you just start going to places all over your town and throwing fucking pickets. It's everything you love about a breakaway march and also a picket. At the same time, it has direct economic leverage to it. You can do you know people, it's it took a minute, but and you know this is also coming from someone who's organized in premierly in Portland, so there's a certain bias here. Your locale may have vary. But if you organize enough pickets in your city, people might cross them at first, they get a lot less likely to the more you do them over the years. So the more pickets to throw, the less likely people are to cross them. And if they are not likely to cross them, that impact that you know, increases their impact. So you know we're gonna be given our speech, is sure, and we are going to speak to our experiences. That's critical and then we're also going to ruin some people's day or you know, make their day if you're the.
Speaker 1: Workers, Yeah, ruin some bosses day exactly. Just always the best kind of day.
Speaker 3: Well, it's also part of the reason, listen, should bosses have good days? I'm going to go on a limb and say no never ever ever you want to, yeah, damn straight. At the bare minimum, you get at least one less good day than us.
Speaker 4: And you know what, you know what if the bosses don't like having these bad days, then they can just go find another job.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, it's not that same deal, right, They.
Speaker 3: Can actually contribute to their communities, you know, do some real work for a change, which in this case is sometimes just working a fucking tailla.
Speaker 1: That's okay, speaking speaking of things that suck, we need to take an ad break. This is the best ad pivot I've been able I've been able to think of in the last like six minutes. So we're taking it right now that we're going to get this good again and we're back. So one of one of the things that I also wanted to talk about is about I guess just talk a bit about what the Coalition of Independent Unions is and how it sort of formed, and yeah, I don't know the sort of potentials they're in because it's a really interesting organization coalition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 4: So the CiU, it's got a long history if we really dig deep into it, I mean, effectively, this idea started after organizing within Portland for the last gosh, I think people.
Speaker 2: May people have been organizing here forever.
Speaker 4: But let's say, how long ago did Burgerville Workers Union start, shanaan.
Speaker 3: Let's see, there's that's a question. If you want to talk about the official date we went public shore twenty sixteen. If you want to talk about the antecedents, you'll find it in the Industrial Research Organizing Group Precarious Workplace. No, it is Low Wage Worker Subcommittee the Portland General Membership Branch of the IWW circa August of twenty thirteen. Incredible, So you're welcome. Yeah, Oh honey, honey, I'm a whap. Do you know how many fucking acronyms do we have? Oh my god, listen the number of things I had to take the GMB when I was BST, despite not actually being the TA part of the BST, the only T part I'm not part of oh, I could tell you about the GOB and the GEB until the Cow's come home. But the point is they're antecedents. The CiU is a relatively new organization with deep roots in Portland. It kind of came out of the flurry of independent unions that kind of in fast food service and retail that flourished in the wake of the Burgerville Workers Union. Burgville Workers Union itself goes public in God, that was April of twenty sixteen, because of course it's been that fucking long. It was in the works a while before that, God.
Speaker 2: All those meetings.
Speaker 3: The earliest antecedents are arguably the Portland General Membership branch of the IWW's Industrial Organizing Research Group, the Precarious Worker Subgroup, or maybe it was the Low Wage Workers Subgroup August of thirteen. But that's anteceedus, right. This kind of goes public. This itself is built on, you know, the Jimmy Johns Workers Union, especially around the Twin Cities and earlier in the two thousands, and then of course before that, the Starbucks Workers Union that had multiple different campaign flourishings. I think the earliest in the late nineties early aughts in New York City on which honestly you'll see some articles mention this, on which the foundations of the modern Starbucks Workers United now rests. So what we've seen now in the wake of all of this shit, right is you have an incredibly militant working class coming forward and they start popping off. They're not waiting for permission from any org to just start fucking organizing their workplace, sometimes filing for union elections, sometimes not the ones that have been filing for contracts. There are, i have complicated feelings, but there are real gains you can make from contracts, right that it is a lot easier to get certain victories than you can in others. Now, there's also limitations, right, But the CIWU comes from a number of different unions coming together, you know, don't work as united a few others to basically like actually preserve you know, democracy in their workplace, to pool resources around you know, trainings around contract bargaining and elections, as well as to allowing each other direct for direct action assistance and things like that. And you know, the IWW has also got a thread in all of this. But yeah, it's it's essentially a series of like you know, we're not trying to own everything. Right, The CiU exists as a platform for all the different types of independent union activity they're occurring, right, and to create a base on which we can actually start talking to each other more, to cooperate and interact with each other. Right. There is more of a contract focus in the CiU. So you know, I'm a wob with experience in duel carding. You know, you have your contract union on the one hand, and you're fighting union on the other. And this allows folks to sort of approach union organizing and labor organizing from any level of experience and any number of backgrounds. Right. I think that's the real strength of the CiU is not to instead to constrain the upswell of worker miltoncy, but instead to give it a place to help put down some while also allowing even more relateant struggle to intertwine within those growths.
Speaker 2: So I think that's a really great explanation of the CiU and how the CiU formed, and the purpose that the CiU provides to workers.
Speaker 4: All.
Speaker 2: I mean, so far, the CiU is growing rapidly.
Speaker 4: We've been talking with a lot of workers, and primarily in Oregon and in Portland, but even workers outside of that purview. And I have a lot of hope that the CiU is going to be able to help unionization in a way that other unions are not willing to at the moment or having difficulty breaking into. And so far, so good. I mean, I think we have gosh, I think there's like at least trying to do the math right now in my head. I do lose count sometimes, but I think we got about six different shops involved in the CiU currently, six including my own, exactly six weekublic shops including my own.
Speaker 3: Fine, yeah, yeah, honey, there's so much more to come. There's so much to come.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're gonna learn why we picked this city, all right, crows.
Speaker 4: But it's going really well, and we have a lot more campaigns that are going to go public in the future. But one thing that we really noticed while organizing all of these campaigns, uh, and you know, whether we ourselves organize them or whether we had a hand in assisting them organize themselves throughout the city, one thing that all of us various organizers started to realize is that we represent a.
Speaker 2: Large amount of trans folks at all these jobs.
Speaker 4: And now some of that could be chalked up to the fact that we live in Portland and we kind of live in the trans mecca, So of course you're going to come across a lot of trans workers. But here's the deal that we kind of noticed, is that trans workers regardless of living in Portland, Oregon, or you know, the fact that we have so many trans people living here for.
Speaker 2: A lot of reasons. I won't get into that. We all know, which is why we moved here in the first place.
Speaker 3: Refugees. We're let's be real, let's run away refugees.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we noticed that there's a lot of trans workers working, as you reluctantly put it earlier, service industry jobs, and not just service industry jobs, a variety of jobs, but most of which are you know, minimum wage, poverty wage, let's be honest, jobs that offer almost zero upward mobility for trans folks. And so that's the thing that we started looking at is the ladder. And as you go up the ladder, you see less and less and less trans folks. So down here at the bottom working you know, fast food jobs, working, sweaty donut jobs, working you know, in I mean, the restaurant industry, as a whole, I think is a lot of we assist as well as you know, potentially some grocery store workers and other people like that.
Speaker 2: We don't have a whole lot.
Speaker 4: Of representation in our workplaces that we make up, you know. I mean, we can look at some of the larger industries in town that do provide unionization for workers, and there's many, but you know, I think it's easy to look at like a lot of the auto industry or the warehouse industries and things like that, and of course they have trans workers, but it's an overwhelming amount working within the service industry. And so as we started organizing more and more service industry shops, we started realizing that we are representing a lot of trans people. And what's really important to us is that if we're going to be representing trans people in the workplace, then we should give them a platform and a voice to be able to speak about their concerns and their issues that they haven't otherwise had. And that's why the CiU decided to put on this action, you know, and we chose it when we chose it for a very particular reason, and to be honest, we thought about doing it over Pride weekend, and I think that would have been lovely.
Speaker 2: But on the other hand, you know.
Speaker 4: Pride is about a celebration of existence, and there's a lot of visibility during Pride already, so we kind of step back.
Speaker 2: We reflected on that for a little bit, and we decided that Labor Day.
Speaker 4: Is not exactly a time of year where you hear about people talking about LGBTT rights and trans rights.
Speaker 2: I mean, of course there's a little bit of that going on.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure and say that there's none, but it seems like a really great opportunity for us to host this event over Labor Day week and give trans workers the working class an actual platform and a voice to express their concerns issues and give their thanks at the same time to the unions who represent them. And like I said before, it could represent them even better. So this is our way reminding them and all so at the same time follow up picket reminding Portland that if you don't take care of your community, and specifically, in this case, you're trans working class community, then we will make ourselves heard and you will listen to us one way or another. And if we have to take to the streets in order to have our voice heard. We are more than happy to do that.
Speaker 3: Read the promise, black the threat. That's an old slogan, but again it's when we really need to bring.
Speaker 4: Back and city birds. City birds are very important all this but I know important this episode.
Speaker 3: But listen, listen, We're in Portland. The obligatory crow conversation is just part of the bargain. The Labor Day weekend tends to be very important because this has been a lot of retail and food and entertainment business happens, and frankly, given you know, the whole genocide, we decided we were going to help, you know, show the power of organized labor by throwing a bit of a wrench into that, right, So why we chose Labor Day Getting into sort of like what the Trans Day of Solidarity is. We're going to be having a a speaker and rally at four pm at Pioneer Square in Portland, Oregon on Saturday, September second. This is a huge, huge weekend for food, service, for entertainment, and yeah, for retail, and while we're having trans speakers from a number of different campaigns and you can speak from four to you know, wrapping up at around five. We're then going to start moving on a mobile picket line, a flying picket all over downtown Portland because we need to bring joy to a lot of workers and ruin a lot of bosses' days. This is leverage and we'll use it. We'll just cost them as many, you know, as much money as we possibly can. We'll be hitting a number of different stores. It looks like we'll be hitting well, you'll see it the march, but we'll be going all over the city. We have everything covered in terms of needs and amenities. There's going to be chants and leaflets, they'll be medics a plenty, they'll be all sorts of safety concerns will be addressed by or organizers on the ground. So please come one, come all. We actually should have a marching band that'll be pretty fun that I didn't expect to land up. But it'll be a Union marching band.
Speaker 1: No less nice, nice. I love to see it.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be pretty great. So, UH, if you like trans people and making bosses cry, you should come to this.
Speaker 1: What time if we do?
Speaker 3: This is starting again four pm the UH at Pioneer Square in downtown Portland.
Speaker 2: UH.
Speaker 3: And then we'll be doing the march throughout the city from around.
Speaker 4: Five o'clock and I do recommend that folks wanting to come out to the event be ready to chant. Bring your blocking shoes because we have a bit of a trek ahead of us, making bosses miserable across town. And uh, make some signage, bring, bring picket signs, bring you know in in picket signs and support of both trans people, uh, working class folks, union workers, or just reminding bosses to stop being ship heads.
Speaker 2: Whatever you want to put on your sign, it's lovely.
Speaker 4: I will give you a hint as to one of the locations that we will be picketing, and I think it's okay for me to mention this, but you know we'll make sure to picket the world's worst tourist trap also one of the absolute difficult, one of the absolute most difficult. You can even struggle that I've ever been a part of, only being one so far particularly, but you know it really irks me. So anyways, if you're interested in that, come on down and you can see the world's worst turnus trap on your way.
Speaker 1: And for people who are not in Portland, I do want to remind people it's it's probably not enough time to do it this year, but you too, you too can have a transient solidarity. You could also have it on a different day. We can have one. If we planned this correctly, we could in fact have three hundred and sixty five days of transit of transoliarity. We could take all of the days. I don't know. This is people can have like the leap Yeer Day or something like that. We'll get, We'll get the February.
Speaker 3: We already have May Day. It's called you know, there's no need for a second Labor Day. I really feel like if we keep doing this every year, we can just take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can. We can get rid of Fay Day and make it based Labor Day again exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean it's trans labor Day.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. That's a lot.
Speaker 4: I mean I'm only visible one day of the year, and I only remember things one day of the year.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I know, Okay, okay, okay, there's there's one day. We got one day of pride. There's like, isn't there like a bisexual visibility day or something?
Speaker 3: There is one. There is, Yes, bisexuals only appear one day it's at least three days, and we know a four might be four.
Speaker 1: There's like two others ones. We we could possibly have a full five days that we were VISITSLID.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna put forward that, like, listen if you also want to, you know, and if you can get something together for Sunday, September third, we could just make trans Data solidarity followed by Transdai wrath, you know, because if the picket line has to go too long, well, you know, we get mighty ownery.
Speaker 1: Well and also, okay, like I have been watching you all make up it's Wrath month. Oh it's enough pride wrath time jokes for too long and there has been not enough wrath. So I'm calling for more wrath days. We need to actually do the day.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Oh, soze your workplace, Oh absolutely organize your workplace fine, you know, and if you find out that like the people that own your company are fascists or helping to fuel the genocide, organize even harder.
Speaker 3: Help get friends involved, have them try and get on jobs to help take those motherfuckers down. Remember, there's so much you can do to cost the people that are trying to kill us. A lot of money well also making your lives so much better. So do your part.
Speaker 4: Hope to see you all again, well, not again, I hope to see you all there and again. It's going to be September two, four pm Pioneer Square, downtown Portland, Oregon, and be there for the rally. Listen to people's voices. We are doing this for a reason. It's important that we give trans folks a platform and support us on the picket line. We would really appreciate this there. Oh, you can also find a link to all this on the Coalition of Independent Union's Facebook page. We also have an Instagram you can find us on. Just type in Coalition of Independent Unions or CiU.
Speaker 2: And you can find that in the decripsion Perfect Perfect.
Speaker 4: And if you need any more information, please feel free to hit up either of those accounts.
Speaker 2: I'm'd be happy to inform you on whatever you need.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with that. Wishing everyone a happy trans Day solidarity. If you're a boss, wishing you a bad trans data solidarity. Yeah, and everyone, go out into the world, make more trans Day of STASA solidarity, Make more bosses sad, make workers happy. This is within your power to do. And yeah, go go into the world and make mischief.
Speaker 2: It could Happen Here as a production of cool Zone Media.
Speaker 5: For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website cool zonemedia dot com or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can find sources for It could Happen Here, updated monthly at cool zonemedia dot com slash sources.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening.