Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is mick Shots streaming.
Speaker 1: Live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: At now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Nicky Spagnola.
Speaker 4: And welcome to a Carpe Omnia edition of mix Shots. It's Giants week and we are seizing everything this week on mix Shots and Grab Everything. It starts with everyone in attendance for the first time.
Speaker 3: That's right, we grab.
Speaker 4: It's the return.
Speaker 5: It's the return only show that means anything yesterday did not happen.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's why we are Carpaying Omnia today, seizing everything on this day, seizing.
Speaker 6: Every whatever you heard, everything, Marrit whatsoever.
Speaker 4: And we're getting ready for Cowboys Giants on Sunday night. We got the former Cowboy and the former Giant, Everson Walls.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 4: We've got Mickey.
Speaker 6: Spagno always forget about that, who.
Speaker 4: Has been a giant in the media community for so many decades and decades. We have football players on a football field. They're back to work today, have time to get going.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 1: We have a wall between us and the football field, so we can't see.
Speaker 4: So now you're complaining about the new podcast studio. Why didn't they eliminate the walls we can see the.
Speaker 6: That would have been very cool. Yeah, we should be looking right out at the dog.
Speaker 1: We need we need a wireless mic to go out and watch practice.
Speaker 4: Well, there are cameras everywhere, so you just need to tap into one of these cameras around the Star and Frisco be able to watch for yourself. All right, So so much to get to, so little time to get there. And Mickey, you.
Speaker 1: Want to explain your sees everything.
Speaker 4: Well with Mike McCarthy had a press conference and we had told the medium earlier what the theme of the season would be would be revealed game week and he revealed it to the team this morning. Carpe Omnia the theme for the season.
Speaker 1: If you remember last year, they put a mural up on the underneath the hallway over the hallway there where the overhang is from the first floor to the second floor, and it had a bunch of bulls running or whatever to go with their theme of.
Speaker 3: The year last year.
Speaker 1: Well, the there was a plastic covering over it on Monday, so I'm assuming they pulled the cord and there's gonna be a new mural there for the reveal.
Speaker 4: Yes, a reveal.
Speaker 6: You could just write it in Shopie, couldn't you.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm gonna have to get so I want to see what the.
Speaker 1: Mural it's going to be to explain sees everything.
Speaker 6: Well, last year it was what good question? God, I was the only one.
Speaker 1: With mister attorney. Don't ask questions you don't know the answer.
Speaker 4: But McCarthy did say that frankly, probably the players should speak on it, because I'll be curious how much they paid attention this morning during the team meeting.
Speaker 5: The team meetings are earlier than usual, right because the heat and the uh they went with.
Speaker 4: An earlier schedule. They went with an earlier schedule last week due to the heat. But now it's game week. It doesn't matter that the high is going to be a hole to today. We're going to keep a hundred.
Speaker 1: Have you you watched when you called me. The US opened last night and that's where the Cowboys are going to play that first game. And those tennis players have been suffering for the last two days and.
Speaker 3: At night, by the way, changing weather, tempa.
Speaker 1: Shoes, changing shoes because they were so wet, ninety degree weather with almost sixty percent humidity, and they can't. They're passing out towels wrapped around ice packs.
Speaker 3: To put on their shoulders.
Speaker 1: Right, So that's what you said that golf, and this is a night time thing, right, So this is a night game the Calcari playing. Yes, So this is what they're heading into. So they might as well just go out there and practice and start getting used to it. And they should thank the weather here in Dallas, that'll be one hundred degrees again today.
Speaker 4: Well it's already here at just past twelve noon. In Frisco it is ninety five degrees and so there'll be ninety seven at one o'clock. That's the temperature that they're practicing in right now. And by the way, it just occurred to me. It just occurred to me. The theme last year was resilience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody just told resilience, that's right.
Speaker 6: Comes to him. I really don't even remember that.
Speaker 4: I do now, I do. Once they once they get knocked out of the playoffs, so I put everything.
Speaker 3: And they were resilient.
Speaker 1: When Dak missed five games and went four and one, I thought it was going to be sustainability this year. Yeah, because you went twelve and five, twelve and five, Now can you do it three years in a row. But you want to go farther, you want to seize everything. I didn't say anything about going farther.
Speaker 6: No, that's what way beyond.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're beyond resilience. We prove resilience. Now it's time to seize everything. We're not just seizing this day. We are seizing everything.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the last time they've gone three years in a row with double digit wins?
Speaker 4: Well, I remember the last time they went two years in a row, which was your were the mid nineties Super Bowl run.
Speaker 1: So we have to go back to there ninety three, ninety four, ninety four, ninety five, ninety six because they won ten games in ninety six.
Speaker 5: I'm kind of with them on that as well, because you don't get tired of it, you don't take it for granted, right, But you know, twelve and five is good. But I'd rather be the Bengals when they went in games.
Speaker 6: They lose that year maybe, and.
Speaker 3: They still still they want to win in the playoffs.
Speaker 6: I mean, you got to win. That's it.
Speaker 5: You gotta win in the playoffs. All of that stuff sounds good. We can peak at a particular.
Speaker 6: Time because I remember our podcasts from a couple.
Speaker 5: Of the previous years where we were like, oh, okay, we got momentum going in and all that didn't mean a damn thing in that second playoff game.
Speaker 4: And by the way, it is right now in East Rutherford, New Jersey, ninety two degrees. We've only got them by three degrees right now, two year point of what's happening at Flushing Meadows and Sunday, there's a cool front coming through this weekend. Apparently the high on Sunday will be eighty one degrees with a low of seventy two.
Speaker 5: Well, it's only it's only a cold front. Whoever has no such thing as a cool fin it's only.
Speaker 4: A cold I was only a cold As I was walking in today, I was thinking, you know, what's going to be really nice, that first cold front that comes through this fall. As hot as it's been.
Speaker 6: I'm looking at rain in the forecast. That makes me happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there's forty percent chance of rain on Sunday. By the way, in East Rutherford.
Speaker 5: About the heat, so ninety two degrees out there, much hotter than ninety two degrees here, well, I mentioned it.
Speaker 1: I imagine humidity is higher because those guys were suffering last night.
Speaker 6: It seems like population has something to do with it as well.
Speaker 4: Now there's more people there, more crowd people, body heat crazy.
Speaker 3: And there's no there's no roof on that life way.
Speaker 4: That's right, that wind's gonna whip around. And we'll talk Brandon Aubrey coming up here in just a little bit, but I think we need to talk Tyler Smith first. Yes, what's going on with Tyler Smith? Everson, I'm not sure if you're aware of this since you were out yesterday, but Tyler Smith had to leave practice on Monday.
Speaker 1: With a tight hamstring, which doctor Jerry called.
Speaker 6: That's what Jerry called. Yeah, I want to hear the official report, and they.
Speaker 1: He kind of walked out of practice and was supposed to get an MRI yesterday and Mike McCarthy said today that he would be limited and with Britt Brown their rehab trainer today and they'd see where it'd go going forward. Now, when Jerry explained it, he said after practice, when they reassessed the injury, it wasn't as serious as they originally thought, and that it shouldn't affect his game status for Sunday. So we'll see where this one goes.
Speaker 3: Because that was the one.
Speaker 4: Guy on the offensive line. I wasn't concerned about.
Speaker 1: The youngest guy, right, Uh and uh, so we'll see, and I guess we can discuss potential backup guards.
Speaker 3: I don't know that they want to go there.
Speaker 1: But you know, first of all, Chuma Doga has played both positions.
Speaker 3: Guard and tackle.
Speaker 1: I don't know how well he's played him, but he has played.
Speaker 4: What's his injury status.
Speaker 1: He's back in practice with ads on. He's he suffered a bone bruise from a hyper extended knee. He was in practice these last couple of times, so we're.
Speaker 3: Thinking he's available.
Speaker 1: And then after that, how they were practicing with the second team line. Awesome Richards was the left guard, but that doesn't mean he would take over because they've also have TJ. Bass who's just been playing on the right side.
Speaker 4: By the way, those last two that Mickey just mentioned, those are both rookies, right, a fifth round draft pick Awesome Richards and what an undrafted draft J. Bass?
Speaker 1: And so this is this is uh, you know, the bed they made with the backup offensive line, So we'll see how this kind of sorts itself out. They also have used on the practice squad now brock Hoffman, who's obstensibly the backup center, but he played some guard also. I don't think he played all that well, so I think that's why he's kind of the center. So those are their their choices at this point if indeed they have to find a guard.
Speaker 4: And so you're you did not mention Sean Harlowe on the practice squad former New York Giant who started three games for the Arizona Cardinals last year. Yeah, arrived after the roster.
Speaker 3: And I think he started.
Speaker 1: Where my note eight games in thirty three that he's played in the league, but they still got them listed at six four two eighty five. It's a little small for my guard, but he's at least played, so you could elevate him.
Speaker 6: String.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, they may have to do it anyway to be a backup just in case, because he can back up center and guard.
Speaker 5: Remember the good old days when the culture for this team was offensive lineman running games.
Speaker 3: Well it was until they got one injury.
Speaker 6: One injury.
Speaker 3: Well that's that's kind of the spot. But you know what, look around the league.
Speaker 1: Look all the other teams that are having problems with injuries. Right, who was the tight end yesterday got hurt?
Speaker 4: Travis?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and he may play in the opener.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow night Kansas City and Detroit.
Speaker 3: Probably not, by the.
Speaker 4: Way, Sean Harlowe, you've talked about him being two hundred eighty five pounds at the combine, he was six four three hundred three pounds.
Speaker 3: Well, then he's shrunk.
Speaker 6: Someone.
Speaker 4: Someone's using a college bio or a high school bio.
Speaker 3: On it for their right here six four to eighty four. That was printed yesterday.
Speaker 4: It was printed yesterday, But we don't know where that information came from. The combine is usually pretty accurate on at one point in his life he was three hundred three pus.
Speaker 1: So what what bio would they have looked at? Maybe that's the oregonier they took.
Speaker 4: Wherever he went to high school. Yeah, there's in the program. He was two hundred eighty five pounds. Okay, okay, all right, so.
Speaker 3: But he looked to eighty four on the on the bright.
Speaker 4: Side, on the offensive line, Everson Terrence Steele five years your extension, Wow, eighty seven million dollars and that I think, I say, is the best thing that happened in the preseason and training camp. He's good to go after a multiple ligament surgery in December.
Speaker 6: How's he look looks like?
Speaker 4: First, we wouldn't know because they haven't played in any games, but we have seen them in practice.
Speaker 1: It looks good, look good in training camp, moving well. Fifty million guaranteed.
Speaker 6: Well, it's good.
Speaker 5: You guys brought up the future because I have Nate from Frisco. It's telling me to get out of the past.
Speaker 4: I agree with that.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to worry about the culture that we had. I'm going to worry about the culture that we're building. All right, all right, thank you Nate from Frisco.
Speaker 4: And we're going to look ahead now here on mix shots when we come back in a moment. I've taken a look ahead to the New York Giants, and you don't want to underestimate this team when we come back.
Speaker 6: I am miss.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks white. It's not there. He escaped, flapped. He'll run full a.
Speaker 7: Punch down, just like football when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna run thish in shelf, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 6: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 1: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 8: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school pepsi. Finish nachos with pepsi.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War, Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 10: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swack Brisky and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest school. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate responsibly. Twenty twenty three mil Own Company, fort Worth, Texas to.
Speaker 1: Mixed Shots, k Post Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And we are back here on Mixed Shots.
Speaker 3: And we've got a big producer. There we go, feedback going.
Speaker 6: We got an.
Speaker 4: Update on Sean Harlowe. I pulled up his bio from Oregon State and at one point in his life. He weighed three hundred and ten pounds. His weight is going up.
Speaker 3: He's shrinking now, he's shrinking.
Speaker 4: At one point he was three hundred and ten pounds, and then at the combine he was three oh three or whatever I said. And now he's two hundred and eighty five pounds. He's been out in this heat too much.
Speaker 3: He's suggesting they went back to.
Speaker 1: His high school bio. Yeah, so I was your high school bio.
Speaker 4: It was about one hundred and thirty five pounds.
Speaker 6: From for real dollar.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say close, I can see I'm tall, and that.
Speaker 3: Mine was one twenty.
Speaker 4: Five as a sophomore. It's one thing if you're you're right in one five. It's another thing if you're six four.
Speaker 1: And you're only eighty five right. And I wrestled at one twelve, by the.
Speaker 4: Way, you wrestled. Oh yeah, he lost.
Speaker 6: It one twelve. He lost every wrestling match at one twelve.
Speaker 1: No, I beat guys on my own team to get a shot at wrestling.
Speaker 4: Oh, those guys, you beat those guys guys from others.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that guy.
Speaker 3: I got beat by one.
Speaker 1: Everybody in the third in the third period, What do you mean everybody.
Speaker 6: Who did you beat at.
Speaker 3: One one twelve? Yeah, you don't have to be big. You're going to wrestle somebody that's one twelve.
Speaker 6: You can find them. Can you find some people that small?
Speaker 4: Well, they had back then one old. People have gotten bigger since then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a one oh five weight class.
Speaker 4: I think, wow, Yeah, it's shocking.
Speaker 3: But you guys didn't You didn't have wrestling in high school?
Speaker 6: Think Texas, We don't go on this school.
Speaker 4: I looked like a wrestler. Well MacArthur, my alma mater, MacArthur. We were nine and twenty one in basketball ever since, but we were the state champions. That's right, all right. Update on Sam Williams.
Speaker 1: He's got a foot injury and sounds like he was working with Britt also today, so I think it's a toe type thing. And uh, this is lingered for a couple a week or so, so we'll see if he can make it. And you know, I think they asked Mike about Donovan Wilson, but he hasn't practiced yet in pads, so there's no way.
Speaker 6: He's really going through it, right, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, yeah, they're being careful. They understand that there's no sense rushing him back. Plus he needs ramp up period, So I would imagine he misses the first, maybe even the second game before they send him out there.
Speaker 6: He's the kind of guy that would probably hurt.
Speaker 3: Himself again because he would go out there.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, just go all out.
Speaker 3: And fly around and yeah, not be careful.
Speaker 1: And it's a it was that high calf injury that he suffered.
Speaker 4: Anything else on your legal pad from McCarthy's press conference or any other news we need to get to before I throw something out here.
Speaker 1: Ah, I think that was.
Speaker 4: The kay Lights, all right, the New York Giants.
Speaker 3: That was part of his press conference too.
Speaker 4: But oh they actually asked a question about the New York Giants.
Speaker 1: To ask him if there's a chance, because the Cowboys have won ten of the last eleven against the Giants, that there would be overlooking their division opponent.
Speaker 4: And what was his answer to that?
Speaker 1: Uh, he said, we are aware of it. We're aware of the success. But last year doesn't mean anything this year.
Speaker 4: You know, if you look at last year, of course, the Cowboys finished twelve and five. They beat the Giants.
Speaker 1: Twice twenty three, sixteen, twenty eight, twenty with a late touchdown.
Speaker 4: The Giants finished nine to seven and one last year and with a wild card win over Minnesota before losing in the Division round to Philadelphia. Okay, you change the result of the Cowboys Giants two games, and the Giants are eleven to five and one and the Cowboys were ten and seven last year.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: It means It means no, it means these games how important these games are? Yeah, if the Cowboys don't win those two games against the Giants last year, it flips them in the standings and the Cowboys are on the cusp of not making the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Well, if the Giants hadn't gone one ohero and one against Washington and won both of those.
Speaker 4: But we're talking Cowboys versus Giants.
Speaker 1: They went one four and one in the NFC East last year.
Speaker 6: All right, was the last time the Giants have been the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Twenty I wrote it down.
Speaker 3: It was a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: You got your media guy right there. In the meantime, all right, what is the perception of the NFC East is on paper? On paper, who's finishing first, who's finishing second, who's finishing third, who's finishing fourth? What's the what's the perception out there.
Speaker 6: The perception is Eagles, Cowboys, Giants, Commanders. That's right.
Speaker 1: And the last time they lost to the Giants was the final game of the twenty twenty COVID season in New York twenty three nineteen.
Speaker 4: If the Giants played in the NFC North, who would be the favorite to win the NFC North this year? Favorites this If the Giants played in the NFC North with Minnesota, Chicago, Green Bay, and Detroit, who would be the favorite to win the North?
Speaker 6: Detroit, That's what I would say.
Speaker 4: I would say the Giants.
Speaker 3: Because they're already the favorites to last.
Speaker 6: They are, but Minnesota put the Giants in there.
Speaker 4: But Minnesota with a thirteen win season last year as the defending champ and New York beat them in the playoffs last year. And New York and the point is NFC South. If the Giants are in the NFC South, who would be the favorite to win the NFC South? Yeah, Giants, Giants would be. And the Giants have improved markedly from last year. What they've done with their roster too.
Speaker 6: Well, they improved from the beginning of last year to the end of.
Speaker 4: That They did that too. That's right now. They did remember the first game last year, I believe it was against Tennessee and they went for two point conversion. Brian Dables set the tone for the entire season by deciding to go for two. They got it, they won, and good.
Speaker 3: Thing otherwise they had been eight and one.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, that's the question. What if they didn't make the fourth and two? What would the record be? That's what we need to look at.
Speaker 1: I think they're greatly improved, uh it. And it all comes down to the step Daniel Jones took last year.
Speaker 3: Is it for real?
Speaker 1: Is this what he is getting going forward? Because they were ready to not offer him a contract to keep him for his fifth year.
Speaker 5: But I think that all went along with They weren't running the ball well either, right, I think the better and they were.
Speaker 6: Under the ball last year than the better he got.
Speaker 1: And they weren't protecting him because I think they gave up the most sacks in the league last year. The Cowboys in two games had eight sacks against the Jones.
Speaker 4: Well, it wasn't the most sacks in the league, but it was forty nine sacks they gave up. They did no Denver gave up like sixty sacks. Russell Wilson, all right, but they.
Speaker 6: Shored up called the coach's name. Why would you call Russell's name?
Speaker 4: You can call it. So Barkley did run for thirteen hundred yards last year, ten touchdowns, but not.
Speaker 3: Against the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Any game that they were successful, it was because of Well, any game that Jones was successful is because Blockley was running.
Speaker 4: The paw and they were fourth in the league in rushing last year. The Giants were, but they added Darren Waller at tied end. Okay, that's a significant upgrade.
Speaker 1: What you said is they're starting a rookie center right, and the.
Speaker 4: Second round draft pick John Michael Schmidtz.
Speaker 1: The other thing that stood out to me is they're starting two cornerbacks, our rookies. Now, one of them first round picked Deonta Banks, but drey Trey Hawkins, the third is their other starting running back.
Speaker 4: Starting running back.
Speaker 3: I mean cornerback, sorry.
Speaker 4: Six round draft pick out of old dominion. So you think the Cowboys are just going to eat him up, then throw the ball.
Speaker 5: See we're getting away from that.
Speaker 6: That's that's how we got in trouble in the playoffs last year.
Speaker 5: We didn't run the ball enough, I think we need to continue, stick with the plan, stick with the plan.
Speaker 4: They've added on their defensive line, yes, okay, they already have Dexter Lawrence pro bowler last year, Leonard Williams, and they added A'shawn Robinson from the Rams along with Rakeem Nuniez Roaches who started ten games for Tampa Bay last year, so they got a more of a rotation going on that offensive on that defensive line. Keevon Thibadeau, if you'll recall last year when the Cowboys played them the first game of the year, it was his first game. He was coming back from an injury, and he wasn't one hundred percent of that game with.
Speaker 1: The one hundred percent when they had him beaten twenty eight to thirteen before that late.
Speaker 4: Touchdown, Well, I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: Oh that was yeah.
Speaker 4: By the way, what Tideau was the fifth pick in the draft last year?
Speaker 3: Who was the guy?
Speaker 1: You said?
Speaker 4: Which one?
Speaker 3: The first one they added?
Speaker 4: Not after Sean Robins, No, next one, Rakeem Nunez Rochez welcome.
Speaker 3: He's not on their depth show.
Speaker 4: I mean maybe maybe he's hobbled. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, he's not on there too.
Speaker 4: D Bobby o'cara key linebacker. Yes, that's another guy they've added. You know who was starting for them at linebacker late in the season last.
Speaker 3: Year, Jalen Smith.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: I thought he'd slipped that biby.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I agree with the coach that there's no reason to and the premise of the question taking this team lightly, There is no way anyone in that locker room is taking the Giants lightly.
Speaker 3: Well, if you go and look at.
Speaker 1: The video boards that have the daily schedule at the bottom, it says division game.
Speaker 3: Kind of highlighted.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's not an easy opener, and it's an important game because it's a division game, right.
Speaker 6: It's not just that.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, we talked about the NFC East about three years ago being like at the bottom of the NFL, and now they are not that.
Speaker 4: It was this time last year we were talking about the NFC East not being very strong.
Speaker 5: And surprised everyone exactly right out of the box.
Speaker 6: Okay, so we know that that is no more.
Speaker 5: The NFC East was always strong against the other opponents.
Speaker 4: And that's the amazing thing about the NFL now and why there is so much anticipation for this weekend in the start of games, because across the board in the league, we really have no idea what these teams are going to look like, you know, because there's nothing to go on now. In the past, years ago, decades ago, they were playing four to six preseason games, we had a pretty good idea what the first Steamers were doing, and we have no idea now.
Speaker 5: Across You can thank the Giants and obviously Philly for really bringing up the status in Washington of the NFC East and Washington was.
Speaker 4: A five hundred team went and one right, yep, and they're going to start one to er this year. Who they got Arizona? Okay?
Speaker 3: Oh god, is that like playing Eastern Kentucky until they get there.
Speaker 4: I ain't saying state Arizona is likely starting a quarterback Joshua Dobbs who arrived there a week and a half ago.
Speaker 1: Well, they cut somebody and then McCoy call McCoy, and then somebody got else got hurt.
Speaker 4: They had already signed or gotten in a trade. Joshua Dobbs from Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Okay, and it's yeah, I'm scared to ask who the backup is.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 4: We continue with more mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 10: Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes following my big morning swagger, brisky in the smoker, Miller Light and the Cup America's team playing America's greatest school. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football tastes like Miller Time. Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three, Miliberal and Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 2: The frushtout who looks white? It's not there. He escaped flapped, He'll look for a punch down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 6: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 1: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 8: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school Pepsi.
Speaker 4: Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 3: To mixed shuts.
Speaker 1: Experience the feeling of game day every day at Miller Lighthouse at the Star now open just steps away from Tostidas Championship Plaza. Miller Lighthouse features a cooler full of grab and go beverages and snacks, tailgate games, a recharging lounge, Dallas Cowboys photo op, and complementary concierge services. For more info, visit Starinfrisco dot com slash Miller Lighthouse, Miller Lite.
Speaker 6: It sounds like you need a question mark, so I.
Speaker 1: Want to know the recharging lounge is that for you to regenerate your body in this heat or to plug something in? It could serve both purposes because you could recharge yourself with a Miller Lite.
Speaker 4: That's right. And Miller Light a proud sponsor of mix Shots, or at least in the past they've been a sponsor of mix Shots. We'll see if that continues here.
Speaker 1: And by the way, when you were talking to Giants, their nine wins last year was the most since twenty sixteen, and it was their first playoff victory since the twenty eleven season.
Speaker 4: How'd they do that year in the playoffs?
Speaker 1: Was that the year they beat the Cowboys in the final game.
Speaker 4: It's like the only outside of last year, the only two years that they had success in the playoffs, they won the Super Bowl those years. Are you looking it up now?
Speaker 1: I was just looking because I thought they came down to both teams at the end of the year and they beat the Cowboys in the.
Speaker 3: Final game of the season.
Speaker 4: Thirty one fourteen, Everson, tell me about the organization the Giants, because it's well respected. You played for the Giants. It is one of the most well respected ownership groups going way back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one of the oldest teams. Yep. Yeah.
Speaker 4: What was it like playing for the Giants?
Speaker 5: It was about like being in Dallas with undetec Tramp under Tom Lander. They brought a lot of that New York style that New York added Toude to the Cowboys. Very conservative and everything that they did at the time, they might have been cheaper than the Cowboys. George Young was just as tough to negotiate with against as gilt Brandt. And you know, back then it was all about attitudes in the front office, and they had a very prickly attitude about everything. You won't get far organ against the machine, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: They are going to be what they are, and I think.
Speaker 5: The only exception they may have had back in those part sales days was how they dealt with Lawrence Taylor. He was the only exception. Everyone else that they dealt with it was pretty much status quo. It was just a tightly run ship. We're going to be conservative, our coaches are going to be conservative.
Speaker 6: And that's just the way it was. You can't you couldn't find any off the field issues.
Speaker 5: You couldn't find any personalities there outside.
Speaker 1: Of unless it was Lawrence Taylor, which, by the way, I first time I went there for prior to a Cowboys game, and it might have been eighty six season eighty that what in eighty seven, I'm going to say eighty five eighty six. And so Parcels does his little deal in this big room, sits down like he's at the head of the table with all the writers and dominating the entire day. No question was a good question, right, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: How did you write that?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: It was it was like it was almost like a sitcom, right, And so you go into the locker room, and everybody's supposed to be in the locker room, right except Lawrence Taylor, And he made an entrance kind of close to the time period that you could be in there and yeah, they treated him just a little different than everybody else.
Speaker 4: Well, I mentioned twenty eleven. That was a Super Bowl winning season for the Giants, as was two thousand and seven. Prior to that, it was nineteen ninety the Giants won the Super Bowl, and Mickey, do you happen to know who led the team in interceptions that year in nineteen.
Speaker 3: Ninety It must have been Everson Walls.
Speaker 4: He had six picks that year in sixteen.
Speaker 3: Bowl in two thousand and seven, that's what I said.
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought you said eleven and eleven and seven and back in nineteen ninety and Everson also had a pick in the playoffs.
Speaker 6: That was fun. I almost scored. God, if I was Dion, I would have been called by.
Speaker 1: The way, Buddy had the big tackle.
Speaker 6: In that game.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: Now that surprised everybody.
Speaker 3: What that you tackled me? And if you were, if you were Dion, would you have made the tackle?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: Well, no, Dion was just chased him down. Yeah, that's the drama there. I would have if I would have made that tackle. According to pars Sales, it.
Speaker 3: Was over which, by the way, I'm.
Speaker 6: Glad I didn't know that at the time.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they added it.
Speaker 1: Do they have an outdoor practice facility.
Speaker 6: Yes, well yeah they it's covered now it is.
Speaker 3: They have a covered okay, because back then they didn't. Right, we practiced in the stadium, right, that's what I thought.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's I mean by blue collar, we practiced in the stadium. We're out there playing flag football before the home game the next day. No one's out there sweeping anything up. No, you know, no vacuum me up the turf. It's just you know, it's just the most exciting thing about that team was that it was next to New York City.
Speaker 1: Well they spent some money because I read where they got a new uh they put in a new turf in the stadium, MetLife And they're calling for a blue out, meaning everybody's supposed to wear blue.
Speaker 6: That doesn't have any big impact.
Speaker 5: You think that's going to affect white is more, you know, because it's it stands out, stands out.
Speaker 6: But blue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, their seats are blue, aren't they.
Speaker 6: It's just blue. It's just blue.
Speaker 1: That's why when they when they built FedEx Field, and they made the seats colored like red or gold or yellow, whatever some of them were. I thought it was to hide the fact that there was people missing, because it looks like everything's red right, everybody had.
Speaker 5: That they should have they should have changed their red uniforms.
Speaker 3: I think things are things.
Speaker 1: They are going to change there with the new ownership. They might even get them a new stadium, which that stadium is not that.
Speaker 6: Old, is not They just got it.
Speaker 1: It was ninety seven, ninety eight somewhere in there.
Speaker 4: Well, there was a new baseball park built here thirty years after the last room was built. Well, there's a mistake.
Speaker 1: There was not sure what's happening under the roof these days, because the ball doesn't seem to stay in the stadium or at least the playing field.
Speaker 4: Have you fallen off the Ranger bandwagon ever since?
Speaker 6: No summer you were? I'm still on it.
Speaker 4: I am still on it, by the way, on that topic. Yeah, on that topic, no one should have expected the Rangers to win last night. Nathan Valdi was pitching in a game for the first time in that Yeah, he hadn't pitched. He hadn't no rehab stint, no nothing. No, he hadn't pitched in a game since July eighteenth against a pitcher from a from ber Valdez for the Astros, who had threw two no hitters in the last month, a nine inning no hitter in a seven inning no hit.
Speaker 1: All he had done was bullpen session.
Speaker 6: I trust the man, so it's all about to trust.
Speaker 4: It's all about tonight. I think he Sureser versus Verlander tonight.
Speaker 7: Like nice.
Speaker 3: If we could all watch it on TV.
Speaker 6: Why can't we? I can? Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, well I can't.
Speaker 4: I don't have it either at home, but I watch it at work. Oh that was a Bali Sports comment.
Speaker 6: I am going to watch it somewhere. Can't I can I watch it?
Speaker 3: You have to go somewhere maybe. Okay, you know what I've done. I turned going to old school listen on the radio.
Speaker 6: I can't imagine that Vicky's got old school.
Speaker 4: Who are the fund he's gonna.
Speaker 6: Have, Like the big satellite out in front of your house? Do what you have? Big satellite?
Speaker 4: Big satellite?
Speaker 3: I never had one to know.
Speaker 4: If he had that, he'd have direct he'd be able to get Bali Sports right. All right, our final couple of minutes here mix shot, and by the way, we need a mix shot. Was that your mix shot.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was, by the way, where John Smelk's gonna join us tomorrow give us an update on the Giants.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we can look forward to that, because clearly what I said about the Giants today didn't impress either one of you.
Speaker 1: Well, you want somebody that actually knows if they practiced outdoors or they were practicing under a roof because of the oppressive heat in New York City, And we'll find out about that guy that you mentioned I can't find.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, if you let me ask you this, what is it that you most want in our last couple of minutes. What is it you're looking forward to most from the Cowboys on Sunday night seeing on that field, whether it's an individual player.
Speaker 1: I want to see this offense get off to a faster start than they did last year. If you remember the season opener they scored all of three points in the season opener against Tampa Bay that they ended up scoring all those points a getting some of the before and since they've added some new dimensions to the offense, to see if it is as dynamic as it was in almost every game last year that Dak Press got played except for the first one, the last one, and the second playoff game.
Speaker 6: That seems to be accurate.
Speaker 4: What are you looking forward to, Everson?
Speaker 5: I am looking forward to them. Stop adhering to the narratives, you know. I think they need to realize that there's no one out there more important than who's in that locker room. And there are times when they come play a game that they don't trust each other. I wish I hope that they come into each game. How can I say feeling like it's them against the world, because it really is. You talk about all the as you have out here, some of you on Cowboy fans don't even trust you, and I think they need to have more trust in themselves. As long as they trust themselves all season long, I feel better about them.
Speaker 3: Well, look who's there? It was back up the tackle.
Speaker 4: I've been searching for what's going on with roaches? Mickey says he's not on the depth chart. I was like, is there an injury? What's going on? And so I'm doing all this this search on the internet trying to find an injury on raccom roach No, no, wait.
Speaker 5: So you always have to consider the source as what you're saying.
Speaker 3: No, you know what it.
Speaker 6: Is if the source can't be trusted.
Speaker 4: You know, anybody else's name name is so long that it's in a smaller.
Speaker 3: It's tiller type.
Speaker 1: It's like a six point, like a catch your eyes, well didn't I just saw a Shawan Robinson.
Speaker 3: I started there with a little big name.
Speaker 4: It's a little smaller front size.
Speaker 6: That mystery than just right, yeah, sitting there.
Speaker 4: Going how I spent all morning looking at the giants, and I had all this stuff built up, and then he throws me this curveball.
Speaker 6: We don't have time to cover his ass.
Speaker 4: He gives me this curveball. That rakeem Nuna's roaches isn't even on their depth chart.
Speaker 1: I just scanned it and I don't see him. It was like the picture right.
Speaker 6: There right expected him to be exactly okay.
Speaker 4: Exactly okay, all right, he's in that rotation.
Speaker 3: On that Thank god he got to the bottom of that okay.
Speaker 6: And no one still cares.
Speaker 3: I figured they don't even think he's.
Speaker 4: Important, small their big free agency.
Speaker 3: Well why is he back up?
Speaker 4: Well, because they do a rotation, just like the Cowboys. Why did the Cowboys Buzzie Smith their first round draft pick? And he's not he's not starting, is he He's not right, but he is going to play.
Speaker 1: They do have jehad Ward. Yes, they do recognize that name. Yep okay Man at.
Speaker 4: The University of Illinois.
Speaker 3: All right, by way of the Cowboys, there you go.
Speaker 4: All right, we will see you again maybe tomorrow here on mix shots at high noon.
Speaker 1: You think our practice part is over with, They're.
Speaker 6: Gonna cancel this show. That's what they're gonna do. Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.