Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of trends. Giving like Friendsgiving, but it's trends.
Speaker 2: I'm Jack, it's Miles, it's giving friends.
Speaker 1: Uh, this this episode is giving trends. Yes, yes, all right, Miles, how are you David?
Speaker 2: Thanksgiving? We're trending. I got food rumbling and tumbling, right, mumbling and tumbling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, and shout out to all the recipes. I'm actually gonna try a lot of them after Thanksgiving because some just seems so good that they were not even you.
Speaker 2: Don't waste them all these fucking losers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these people like my mom, who's gonna bring codfish?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: What is this japan Mom? Moish captain? Oh oh wow, good on you?
Speaker 2: Good good on?
Speaker 1: Am I a fun episode coming Friday with one of our thieves. All right, Miles, let's just blast let's blast off into the news stream.
Speaker 2: Trump got mad at.
Speaker 1: The New York Times for a story about his thirty three year old human printer, Natalie Harp. Yeah, we talked about her, but I didn't. I didn't have the texture. And I am glad for this texture from the New York Times.
Speaker 3: So, like most people that Donald Trump hires, he sees them on TV and he's like, Oh, that's that person's on my my ray Tube TV.
Speaker 2: Make them work for me now.
Speaker 3: So we talked about her during a lot of the Trump's court cases because she was She's like a literal human print. She lugs around a printer to print out favorable articles and things because he only likes hard copies. He doesn't like the Internet. She like types up a lot of his truth social posts too. It seems like from documentaries we've seen like they'll just be sitting at a computer together and.
Speaker 2: Be like tell them this disgrace, No, how about this? Uh? And she does all that for him. So that's not new.
Speaker 3: But the reason that she's back in the news is because the New York Times that they did a report over these like weird ass love letters that she's been like send Trump that other people in Trump's can't. I'm like, basically blown are blowing the whistle on because I guess they don't like her Miles.
Speaker 1: These are normal things to write to people that you work with, and I wish you would accept that and stop acting like I'm being weird when I write you read.
Speaker 2: Them out loud.
Speaker 3: So I'm forty five years older than you. For context, I'm forty five years older than you, and you are writing me these letters. What are you telling to me, thirty three year old woman?
Speaker 1: You are all that matters to me, she wrote them whole letter. I don't ever want to let you down. You are the guardian and protector, and you are my guardian and protector in this life. Another letter told Trump wanted to bring back that synergy we used to have where we talk about everything and nothing.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 1: I want to bring you joy, to feel like we can get through the day without ever having to talk work.
Speaker 2: This is so whole.
Speaker 3: So Trump is apparently in this In this article, it sounds like Trump is very fond of her, yeah exactly, calls her sweetie, and and other sources I have described their relationship as like he treats her like a daughter.
Speaker 2: Uh oh that is that is?
Speaker 1: That is what you want to hear from every other like, oh no, I think of her as a daughter. Okay, that's a better way for you to except for this guy, except.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump, the one too many weird things about how he talks about Yeah yeah, the meaning that you and your daughter are bost have in common.
Speaker 2: We both like sex was one of the thing he.
Speaker 3: Said, yeah, yeah, So again this is like you can clearly whatever's going on with Natalie Harp I have a feeling because Trump falls for flattery that this like reads like how maybe like like how you would endear yourself to like a wealthy person who's about to.
Speaker 2: Die and you want them to sign everything over to you. Yeah, and you're like, hey, thank you so much. That's my check.
Speaker 3: Hey hey, peekaboo, I just replace your wife. Peekaboo, I just replace your daughter. But this is again another glimpse into Trump world. But the thing that's interesting is that Donald Trump just blew up on truth social which is interesting because she helps him write these posts from what we've seen from that one Tucker Carlson documentary and basically saying like, well, the failing New York Times apologize to its readers forgetting years of Trump coverage. Comes on, he goes back and he's like, I won the most consequential presidential election in decades? Where is my apology? And is like going after the New York Times, this is where I'm like, is this a bit of a preview for how Trump is going to bully the media? Into falling in line with the favorable coverage, because this doesn't bode well based on what I'm seeing, and we do know that The New York Times already has a pension.
Speaker 2: For both sizings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every seems like their response to the election was like, we got this one wrong or bad. Like it just it feels like their coverage has gotten further to the right since the since Trump won, Like it just yeah, somehow they're just like, I mean, it started with like the platforming of undecided voters and but like writing breathlessly about his definitive win and now like they just they're like their mourning this morning or whatever the fuck they're like daily news bulletin is was like today about like how is he going to accomplish his mass deportation plans?
Speaker 2: And they just like write about it as though.
Speaker 1: It's you know, okay, doesn't doesn't mention all the facts about like immigrants being good for the economy, good for crime as immigrants commit fewer crimes and like are basically agreed to be America's like economic superpower. They don't mention, obviously the moral catastrophe that this would be right, And they do talk about like how it would cost eighty eight billion dollars. They're like, you know, some might argue that that money could be better spent building three million houses, but like, yeah, all they all they do is just like they just treat it like a thing that is, like it has its benefits. It just might not be as good as like three million houses, but obviously, like.
Speaker 2: You know, like you know, hunger issues with children.
Speaker 1: Instead of just being like this is bad economically for everyone, this is actually like bad for the country in every way possible except that it sates.
Speaker 2: The you know, it helps him fuel the race.
Speaker 3: Well, now do they do the things they do well now, but now we're like we're doing opinion, you know, and that's that's that's that's that's not journalism. Okay, Well is it also journalism to like leave out the details, like all the texture around this that would lead a reader to question if this policy is even useful. Like again, with so many of the articles that talk about tariff and like immigration, and they'd use the thing that Trump talks about.
Speaker 2: It's like the fentanyl.
Speaker 3: That's what we have to stop are using that as your you know, stupid you know bridge into bringing in these policies, not many are like, a few have mentioned what the statistics are with this, and I've talked about I think yesterday, But again, over eighty percent of the people that are caught smuggling fentanyl at the border are fucking Americans. And you add to that, these fentanyl seizures are happening at legitimate ports of entry. It's not like the border patrol is finding some desperate person in the desert lugging around a YETI cooler full of fucking fentanyl or something and like, ahaaa, see this is why we got to be out here too. So what the fuck do these migrants have to do with fentanyl?
Speaker 2: Statistically? Not a fucking thing really, So.
Speaker 3: Why don't maybe you can start helping people connect those dots.
Speaker 2: But again, maybe we're doing opinion now.
Speaker 1: Well, you're not familiar with Trump lore. He's built up a bunch of lore. Yes, suggests in this fictional universe, it does presposes maybe it does?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: All right, more, ammo for the Thanksgiving dinner table tomorrow. Your uncle's gonna come in. He's gonna be like, you know, the dB Cooper case has been solved. No, it fucking hasn't.
Speaker 2: This I just I really did I look, look, look at this headline right here. Bombshell.
Speaker 3: dB Cooper evidence mystery may have finally been solved. Three fifty three year old mystery. The dB Cooper mystery could finally be solved. That people are ignoring the could part a lot.
Speaker 1: Thanks to his own children, new evidence may solve dB Cooper mystery.
Speaker 2: D B.
Speaker 1: Cooper, of course, hijacked a plane November nineteen seventy one, demanded Branson money, parachuted into the woods, never to be seen again.
Speaker 3: Pretty good, fucking hijacked bell, you know, great, hijack the plane. He's like, okay, I'll let these people go, but when I land, I want cash and parachutes and you can get but I also need a pilot. Yeah, And then took off with the passion plane. Was like land, let everybody out except the flight crew. And then as made the flight crew get up in the front. And then when they came back, he was no longer on the plane. He had parachuted out at some point. A fucking baller move, okay, D B.
Speaker 2: Cooper.
Speaker 1: Very interesting story. And the children of Richard McCoy have now said that their dad was dB Cooper. He was convicted of committing a very similar skyjacking just a few months after Cooper and was later killed trying to escape from prison. And so this claim was made via an aviation YouTuber named Dan Grider. Okay, so that all sounds fairly convinced, Like they said it was their dad. He tried to do the same thing, except like there were a dozen people who all tried to Like the dB Cooper thing was a big deal when it happened. I almost cover it in the nineties. It was like a sensation at the time. And then a bunch of people tried to do the same thing. And this is one of the people who tried to do the same thing. And the hard evidence that they're talking about feels very much like this guy Dan Grider, who's like trying to make it seem like I just found the smoking gun that proves it, Like this is a thing he has had access to and like known about for years and keeps trying to make happen, like keeps trying to be like this is the thing because this guy modified the parachute and therefore we know, and just like he just seems he's he's been on this for a while. He's wanted this to be true.
Speaker 2: For a while.
Speaker 3: But even like the counter arguments to people being like, hold on, the people who are on the plane said dB Cooper's eyes were brown. McCoy's eyes are blue, and they're just like, dude, they're probably all fucked up and probably made a mistake. And you're like what, oh, yay, well what about this? He smoked cigarettes, and you know, McCoy was a Mormon and probably wouldn't have ever smoked.
Speaker 2: That's of course he did that because disguise. Oh my god, dude, yeah, have you ever dB coopered?
Speaker 1: They got two near identical descriptions of dB Cooper by the flight crow like and both of them were like crystal clear blue eyes and this guy's or you know, vice versa.
Speaker 2: But well, and also to.
Speaker 3: That point, like when people talk about when they're in these very stressful situations and they're like you probably don't remember because it's so stressful. They're like, no, I remember because it was so fucking stressful.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about it? Yeah? Yeah, And sometimes those people are wrong, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, WELLS was like I wasn't in I wasn't in Guantanamo, and the.
Speaker 2: I was like, bro, I looked you were my Yeah, torture. What are you talking? You haunt my dreams? You fucking months.
Speaker 1: There's a book that like positive this theory in the nineties. It's like, it's not that like the theory makes no sense. It's just that it's one of many theories. Sure of who did the who was Dbi Cooper? That has been around for like this one was a best selling book in the nineties. The guy McCoy's wife tried to get the book banned and it became like a local best seller when she did, because they like streisand effect.
Speaker 2: But it's yeah, it's just one of many theories.
Speaker 1: The only thing that's changed is that his kids, now that their mom has passed away, are like, yeah, we think it was probably him. But you know, there's also this guy who Grider, who has like been trying to make this happen for a long time, and so it's entirely possible that he's.
Speaker 2: Been worked on the Cobles too. Yeah, he was.
Speaker 1: Recently ordered to pay more than a million dollars following a defamation suit stemming from one of his videos. So you might want to take the stuff he says with a grain of salt. A few of them, Yeah, maybe a couple grains of salt. It being Thanksgiving, So yeah, tell your uncle, you know, see where he's going with this Trump stuff. But the dB Cooper stuff be like, there's no new evidence. Okay, I'll hear you on the Trump stuff though, Let's give him a chance. Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back and all right. The Taylor Swift Aras tour. This is something I thought this was going to be going on forever, like a Bob Dylan tour, you know, just like until it was like a prolonged crank movie where it was just like, if he stops touring, he dies. It seems to be what's happening with Bob Dylan Taylor Swift era tour Aris tour is about to come to an end Vancouver. It's wow, end of an eras uh truly truly And when I said that.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm just I'm just looking at this seating chart and I'm still having trouble belied. I mean, this is this is capitalism at its final final death parts.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it makes sense or just as the second time that this has happened.
Speaker 1: So Ticketmaster randomly opened up some a class of tickets called U shockingly good price sixteen fifty per ticket for the show that's been going for like that.
Speaker 2: The nose bleeds, like so you just kind of see from far away.
Speaker 1: In this section called no stage view, and it's it's no stage, no stage view.
Speaker 2: What's that mean?
Speaker 1: No stage view? So there's a stage, right, this is behind the stage, so you can only see like a bunch of scaffolding and like, but you can't actually see backstage because they don't want to use to see backstage, So you can't really see anything. But you can you can hear the music projected towards the other parts of the stadium and hear those people cheer, and you have access to the merch that people who actually go to the show have acted.
Speaker 3: Sixteen fifty is fine, that's fine. Some other assholes are paying like four grand.
Speaker 2: Those were immediately snatched up by resellers are now going for as much as twenty three hundred dollars for no stage view tickets. Jesus, what is wrong?
Speaker 1: And all right? I do just want to I love our writer Jay McNab. He does incredible work. He brought the story to our attention. He wrote in this after he said, they're going for as much as twenty three hundred dollars. He said, how are these not on sale already? And so he also points out that like this, the other time that this has happened was in Toronto, where like they had no stage view tickets. JM is Canadian. What is it about Canadians that they are just like okay with this, They're just like they do it here though there were seats like that too.
Speaker 2: I remember for there was a show. I remember it was like one of these like big artists. I was like, what the heck can you do?
Speaker 1: The on the jay Z Beyonce show at the Rose Bowl and inadvertently had essentially the like we were on the side.
Speaker 2: We were at like zero you know, a clock one degree basically zero degree on the pro tractor or whatever the fuck.
Speaker 3: I mean, Like I get the because again, this is religion. For some people, merely being in the room where Jesus turns water into pop tunes might be like an energizing thing. But I guess like one hack is I'm being like, yo, if I get this thing for sixteen, watch me pretending I'm looking for my seat and all the other sections so I can be looking at the fucking stage during the concert, and I get the merch, but I also at the same time, so much of the experience is seeing it with your own eyes. So unless you're willing to do all this like fucking like fake out shit to go see the show, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's worth sixteen fifty. It's worth sixteen fifty.
Speaker 3: It is not worth anything over sixteen fifty in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to think of what I would.
Speaker 1: Maybe you can, like after the people watch it, you can go up to them and just like start inhaling their breath to like get the essence of the show that they.
Speaker 3: Just they just turn all pruney and like their life horses, Like what did that fucking guy just do?
Speaker 1: I actually so, I think that's fair. I like my theory better that there's something about Canadians that they're willing to pay money to not be able to see a concert. Like they're the live music equivalent of a piss pig. They're just like, oh yeah, just fucking ship all over me.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I don't deserve to be able to see her.
Speaker 3: I got to say this on Maple Leaf Gang's Behalf though, how many of these people are coming from other places to see this show specific they're sick, sick telling you.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to be good in BC. Man, I like it up there, so now I do too. I love them. I just think I think that would be a cool thing.
Speaker 3: Hey, Canadians, we see tells say it's on site for Jack O'Brien Canada. I want to I want to hear that it's gonna be lamar bro. Yeah somehow, like way take all this Jack O'Brien.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kendrick destroys one Canadian, all of Canada destroys me, all right? And then finally, uh, and this is a bummer because we're heading into like consumerism holiday, like maybe the number one consumer holiday besides the number one gift giving shopping day possibly besides you know, the days leading up to Christmas. And I think one of the gifts that's on a lot of people's lists has to be these Trump guitars, right God?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, this feels like he had like he probably so many weird grifts lined up because he probably didn't know what the election outcome would be because.
Speaker 2: He's got to keep the money flowing.
Speaker 3: So now it just hits even weirder when heah brote here, But I think he would have done this anyway, but a guitar.
Speaker 1: There are some pictures that make it clear that he in no way knows not just how to play a guitar, he doesn't know how to hold a guitar.
Speaker 3: He's just like, yeah, it is kind of I mean, I guess he's showing off their sick ass bald eagle in American flag detail with the make America Great Again printing on the fretboard.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Who so yeah, just to give some context, you can get a signed Slash Gibson less Paul for you know, Slash the you know, just like Suns and Roses guitarists. You can get a signed classic guitar by him for five and fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: That's okay, that the benchmark. It is like too much money.
Speaker 1: I would I would just assume by a wave Runner or something. But Trump you can get one of his guitars for ten thousand dollars. It's signed by him and it's a famous guitarist.
Speaker 2: Famous guitars.
Speaker 1: What is it just because he did those like playlists and people are like that's or like they're just like America Americnald Trump.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just Americana is like the guitar, and also some like again, this thing is not a Gibson Less Paul. It is decided if you squint your eyes, like shit, is that a Less Paul And then you're like that does not say Gibson or epiphone on top of what does it say nothing? Yea, So yeah, it's I feel like pretty soon they're gonna sell like a signed sting Ray or some ship like a Corvette, because it's just like this is like.
Speaker 2: An animal eagle.
Speaker 1: Gibson has had to issue a seasoned desist order over the Trump guitar, claiming it infringes upon Gibson's exclusive trademark, particularly the iconic Less Paul body shape, which is you know, I think we all know, like one side looks like acoustic guitar, other side look like an electric guitar.
Speaker 2: That's one side. Wait what do you mean? I'm like, I like this non guitar. Wait what do you mean?
Speaker 1: This isn't one one side has like the round thing and the other side has the electric guitar like shark fin thing.
Speaker 2: The body shape Oh yeah, body yes, okay, yeah, yeah, that's all. I just know the shape. I don't know what it does. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: I just know Slash used to do that ship and I thought that was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Man. I'll buy that for a couple of buds. About that for a couple of dollars. Uh.
Speaker 1: The guitar is made by sixteen Creative. Uh not a guitar company. It is a company that will just uh give you ship with like TACKI branding imprinted on it, including coffee action figures, t shirts, dipping sauces.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, I feel like the Supreme Court is going to be like, mm sorry, sorry, Gibson, he can do that.
Speaker 2: It's an official act. That's an official act by the need to need to buy one to get ship or something. Yeah, like oh you don't have one.
Speaker 3: Oh well, then you actually can't be operating a motor vehicle on an interstate.
Speaker 2: That's right. Anyways, maybe you can make it up to your shitty uncle. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was so excited about solving the dB Cooper sorry by saving him a couple one hundred thousand dollars, a couple tens of thousands of dollars on this one miles. That's gonna do it for it will this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're oh no, it's not gonna do it. For this week. We have an episode coming out on goddamn Friday. That's right on goddamn Friday. That's what we call that, Friday Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: On goddamn Friday, we will have an episode so you'll have something to decompress, a fun one the holiday. Tim bat, tim bat. Yeah, So enjoy that. Until then, have.
Speaker 1: A great Thanksgiving. You guys, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves.
Speaker 2: More important, especially.
Speaker 1: Get your flu shots, get your vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy.
Speaker 2: And we will talk to you on Friday. Bye bye