Speaker 1: Don't listening to Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. But it's not Dan Patrick, and it's not the Dan Etes. It's two Pros and a cup of Joe here sitting in for Dan and the guys. It is Lebar Arrington, Brady, Quinn, Jonas and Ox with you. You can find us as always on the iHeartRadio app. You can find us on hundreds of affiliates all across the country. We are going to take you live until New and Eastern time nine o'clock Pacific here in the am on the West Coast. But if you are listening on the podcast, we appreciate you doing so, and you can follow along and watch the show on YouTube. Just search two Pros FSR on YouTube and you can hang out with us here on this post long holiday weekend here on a Monday morning.
Speaker 3: And how the hell? How the hell are we feeling here? Boys? How's it going? How's everybody? Uh? Real good? Ready to get back to work? Good morning. A lot of slow commuters this morning on the road. All right, we were all awake.
Speaker 2: People take it as long as they can to get into get into work and get back to uh to the swing of things here on a Monday morning, there are a lot of.
Speaker 3: People having a good time out watching them soccer games.
Speaker 4: Though, Oh yeah, come on, are you're getting into it? You're starting to get into it right? No?
Speaker 3: No, I got into a seat and sat around all of the people. That was fun, just being around the energy, you know, people rooting and charing and drinking and laughing and hooting and hollering. It was good. You're in it now, no, fat no, no, nope. I had a good time, and then I took it on in. Yeah, like the old man that I am. Well, we do have some good news.
Speaker 2: We had a red card suspension, which means congratulations, the US gets their guys back. Balligan is going to be available to play coming out later on against Belgium. So some good news here. Now, how we got to this point, I've seen all sorts of stories float around on social media, some involving the president, some people claiming that's embellish. There's been all sorts of stuff that has happened here. But nonetheless, ultimately the right call was made. Should never win a right card? Yeah, it shouldn't have been a red card. But here we go, and the US is going to be at least at full capacity ready to go coming up as they try and advance past the round of sixteen against Belgium later on.
Speaker 3: You know, the only issue that I would issue out pun intended would be the fact that during the course of the history of the World Cup, if my information serves me correctly, one hundred and eighty nine rig cards have been given and out during the history of the World Cup. You know how many Red Cup I mean red cards have been suspended during that duration of time that she's two and the second one was this one that just took place two in the history of It's it's a historical anomaly. I just to me, it's not about did he deserved the red card? And I hate to say this, but to me, it's really about the idea of human error like you made like he made a bad call. He made a bad call, like the call stands for all those one hundred and eighty what I say it was one hundred eighty nine of them. I'm sure a whole of a whole bunch of them were not warranted red cards, but nonetheless they still served out their suspension. To me, I think it. You know, we're in the US and I think the timing of it makes it kind of seem poor that a US player would get their rig card suspend it. But I mean, you know, it happens. I guess that's sports.
Speaker 5: So a few things one var is involved, right, the replay system, so it's not just the actual official on the field who's that is there is there is still the aspect of the TV element and so forth. And that's actually one of the arguments reportedly the US made to FIFA was that it's a bit unfair how they go about kind of judging that foul in the context of replaying slow mo in particular. And and here's and here's honestly, like.
Speaker 4: What I feel like is the biggest issue.
Speaker 5: It's not like FIFA has been the cleanest organization throughout time. It's just the fact that the US is hosting. It feels like the US is getting preferential treatment. And anytime you say the big guy's name, I say Trump was involved, or Howard Lutnick, who's a part of his cabinet was back channeling to FIFA. Now it becomes a controversial issue, Like it couldn't just be about soccer. We had to make it more about politics.
Speaker 4: Ex etc.
Speaker 3: Etc.
Speaker 5: So my issue with this is did ultimately do we get it right? Sure, I don't think that warranted what he got. I think there honestly should be an argument made for the how punitive it is to get a red card miss time your team plays down a man for the remainder of that game, which was what thirty five minutes, twenty five like, whatever the amount of time was. Your team, you're out of the game. Your time has to play without you, and now we're going to suspend him for the next game too, for again, what looked to be an accident more than anything else. It wasn't egregious in nature. And I'm not trying to argue like there needs to be subjectivity to every foul. I think that's one of the things about you know, soccer or any professional sport with the replay system, is hopefully it speeds it up. Otherwise we'd be debating and Paul taking about every foul that's ever been made. But when you look at the fact that it is somewhat unprecedented, as LeVar has pointed out, even though we have seen it before, I can understand why people think it's. Hey, the US is hosting, so they get the benefit of the doubt, you know what. I'm okay with that. I'm okay. I think there's a lot of US fans too that are actually okay with this because they feel like it was a BS call in the first place.
Speaker 4: I just want to say this, all right, if you.
Speaker 5: Are a fan out there listening right now, or if you are one of those people who is really excited about the fact that the US gets back one of its best players and they feel like, hey, maybe there's some you know, preferential treatment going on and all that, you can't ever say anything about notre dame.
Speaker 4: I just want to throw that in there, like you can't.
Speaker 5: You can't make comments about the US getting treatment and defend it now and then sit there when it comes to college football season.
Speaker 3: This is a fast dame and well.
Speaker 4: They're getting preferential treatment. They don't have to joy to cockold those came.
Speaker 3: Out and came out of nowhere. No, this was made personal, that's no.
Speaker 5: This is I'm just saying every US fan out there who's like, I'm so excited, you know, we get our guy back, and they're they're taking it.
Speaker 4: They're taking advantage of the situation.
Speaker 5: You got nothing to say when it comes to college football, all right, that is nothing to say.
Speaker 3: I don't change to college I'm just saying, put their playing in the ground.
Speaker 2: There is a shoehorning, and then that, I mean, what was and then there's that.
Speaker 5: That's right, all you guys.
Speaker 4: Us take that, just force him real treatment, right with.
Speaker 2: All these with all the with all these three week old newfound soccer fans that are trying to run with the story and keep it as just a basic, boring surface level.
Speaker 3: Take then you got Brady Quinn dropping an Irish.
Speaker 5: For the top twelve rank the season, and they get automatically in the playoff.
Speaker 4: Guess what, We're the US.
Speaker 5: We're the US right now in this soccer parallel example. I don't want to hear anyone, anyone, all right, complaining about it. If you're right now a fan of what's taking place in the world of soccer in the World Cup for the United States, that's all I will say.
Speaker 3: I gotta admit it was. It was a I mean, that's your setup was phenomenal. I mean I'm talking about I gotta say that, right.
Speaker 5: I was play this right next to the national anthem country Roads.
Speaker 4: But it's all one of the same, now, folks.
Speaker 3: I was so I gotta say, I was so pleasantly when you made it all about you, Dame.
Speaker 4: That's right, I was right.
Speaker 3: I was all.
Speaker 5: I was all, I'm gonna find myself ten dollars just for making all about me, are Dame?
Speaker 3: Its all in though, I gotta tell you.
Speaker 6: I.
Speaker 4: Will find myself for this.
Speaker 5: But I also once you all realize there's a lot of hypocrisy that goes on, then all right, I can't be a fan of one decision and not be a fan of the other.
Speaker 3: Okay, that was that was well executed. I was I mean, walked us all the way down the lane.
Speaker 2: You could have you could have told me, hey, what angle do you think Brady's got for this USA soccer? I would That would have been the last thing I would have thought of. I never even occurred to me that Notre Dame football would be brought to the forefront in the middle of the World Cup. But you know what, here we are, and I salute you.
Speaker 3: That is a that is a.
Speaker 7: Talk about I should granted FIFA's granted Belgium the right to appeal against this suspension.
Speaker 5: I believe they have until well, I believe that's actually over. I believe we've now passed the time in which they could.
Speaker 3: So forth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he's clear now. He was eight a m. Eastern time this morning was when they had time to appeal.
Speaker 2: So Ian Dark and Landon Donovan were calling the Brazil Norway game yesterday, which is great, by the way, Holland for Norway.
Speaker 3: What happened to Brazil?
Speaker 2: He looks like as he was getting older, his face froze like it doesn't match the rest of his body.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a weird and he's so good.
Speaker 2: Every time the guy touches the ball, it's a goal every single time, and he's just embraced.
Speaker 3: When he gets that goal. I don't know, it's like watching Game of Thrones. How's it? How does it sound? How does it sound? How does it sound? Joe? What what do you mean? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, no one can hold it longer than you andres cantor no, no one.
Speaker 3: Can hold it longer than jonas well. Well you know. But the question is the question is, now this is a Monday, all right, The question is can you hold that note? In the Harry Carey voice, though, that is that that is the biggest challenge just getting right out of the gate. Can you hold that goal with the Harry, with Harry carry.
Speaker 2: Harry was just trying to keep himself from falling out of the boot, all right, So they're like he wasn't trying to.
Speaker 3: Hold his breast. It would take the goat of goats to be able to pull off doing it long doing gold and I would need I gotta let the voice warm up a little bit.
Speaker 2: That's uh, that's a tall task. I'll do it later on. I'll give it later on. I will, I will.
Speaker 3: We had the moment, the moment was here, it's come, and it's it's it's nah, listen, I'll do it. Let let's see.
Speaker 2: I don't want But my point was so Ian Dark and Landon Donovan were talking about the red card reversal, and Ian Dark said it best. He said, eight, ultimately right call just optics are not going to sit well with people.
Speaker 3: You know, It's just it's just the way it is.
Speaker 2: And because of Trump's involvement, as Brady pointed out this second, that's even within the vicinity of a storyline, people have already made up their mind, like, yeah.
Speaker 5: Someone with colored diyed hair, all of a sudden starts spotting off about it. It's like you didn't care about this like ten minutes ago. Now all of a sudden, you're a soccer fan. You're rooting for Belgium. Like what happened here?
Speaker 4: What I'm just calling it? I see it, dude.
Speaker 5: It's like you just can't ever have anything that doesn't involve politics. Now, even in this instance, which by the way, you know, Article twenty seven of the FIFA Disciplinary Code allows for this sort of thing. Rare might even though it's rare, it really comes down to and people will probably make a change moving forward because it supersedes this article sixty six point four.
Speaker 4: We're not gonna get in the weeds of all this.
Speaker 5: But essentially they've now within their own own rules and code of conduct and Disciplinary Code, have figured out that, you know, they've got to have a little bit more clitterity on how this came about, because it can't just be a president calls of the host country and it has its way. But again, it's not like FIFA hasn't had issues in the past, right, But you know, we'll just call what it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll call what it is for people that are not familiar my wife is Mexican, so the in laws had a rooting interest for what happened last night in the game against England, which was a phenomenal game.
Speaker 3: Most of these games have been.
Speaker 2: Great, and it just seemed like there was a real concerted effort to try and get Mexico to advance.
Speaker 3: I'll just I'll just say that, So.
Speaker 2: If we're going to go down the whole of the well, if we're going to go down the whole of all right, well, you know FIFA this. You can watch soccer games and you could a lot of things could be brought into question when it comes to soccer, whether it is the flopping.
Speaker 3: Whether it is the cards that are handed out.
Speaker 2: By the way, how about the guy from England who hopped the fence at or hopped the little wall after the game was over the match last night and snapped his wrist.
Speaker 3: What are you doing, dude?
Speaker 2: These guys guys in a hospital in Mexico right now while the rest of the team is flying to Kansas City because he hopped over the wall and snapped.
Speaker 3: It sounds like that jackaloun that you had to play basketball and tours ptell atending up.
Speaker 2: Damn. Just lookay blew his kneecap out and kept playing. Oh you're talking about the Monmouth massacre, City City City.
Speaker 3: Uh, sucked it up and finished the game. That's a good point, you know, it sounds like that guy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, I'm pretty I'm surprised you didn't wrap your arms around the Monmouth massacre name that was given to that event.
Speaker 4: I couldn't care less about that. We go back to the to the game last night, though, to.
Speaker 5: Your point, there was a sense of I mean, not only some of the calls, but also like the extra time then we're going No, it was eleven minutes in the final half of the second half of extra time, but then we're even going over that at certain points. I mean, it really felt like there was a concentrated effort to making sure Mexico had every opportunity to win that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know, it's been Uh, it's been a success. People have been really really fired about what they've done, and ultimately this is what.
Speaker 4: I think the fight.
Speaker 5: The only people happy besides England fans and then whoever has to hear their next is that hotel, that poor hotel where the away teams had to stay, or I guess whoever Mexico is playing.
Speaker 4: My goodness, man, I mean, I'm hoping that ends at some point.
Speaker 5: I mean, those those poor players and fans just continually heard mariachi bands and fireworks and cars honking and god knows what else.
Speaker 4: What was going on?
Speaker 3: Oh, come on over any weekend you want here. I was. I was counting the flopping though. I was because you know what they'll.
Speaker 5: Say this, no, no, no, no, that game, and I was gonna specifically direct us that Mexico they were the worst of any team that's played so far, in particular in that match for a single they were flopping everywhere. Everything was like some guy got hit by a.
Speaker 4: Sniper out there on the field.
Speaker 3: I think it's funny how they grabbed the body part, like if there was a body part to grab that was connected to the contact air quotes don't don't get hit on your hip and grab your air like, don't don't get hit on your your toe and grab your opposite leg knee like it's it's weird. They grabbed the first thing they think the grab and just lay there trying to sell a call. Man, you're trying to Uh. They lay there and then they get up and run like nothing happened. That's weird to me, man, I'm sorry. A bunch of dudes doing that, that's weird to me. Man. I just I don't know, you know, that's what I seem to see when i'd be watching them. Matter.
Speaker 4: Do you notice too, Lavara?
Speaker 5: Have you seen enough pks to see where they're There's the whole tactic of delaying the PK.
Speaker 3: I went up ye'ah, y'all went up top for the one p K huh for hurricane the home He jumped up and blocked it with his jangles. Oh yeah, yeah, I said, up top because because you had to have some big one, you have a big one to go, and so I stopped that.
Speaker 2: On the free kick guy got it right in the balls. Yeah yeah, that's unfortunate.
Speaker 3: But he shook it off.
Speaker 4: These guys are selling out, Yeah he did.
Speaker 3: He's selling I mean, he sold out his right to make kids. But hey, I mean he kept playing understand use your arms? How do you how do.
Speaker 4: You not jump and cover that part? You know?
Speaker 3: How do you forget to cover that part? Like you gotta cover that right that that that either says he is a slanger meat danglar or or he's a or he's a not or he's a not at all. There's one of the two. Either he's sitting there like he got kind of squeeze, so he's like, you know, like caterpillar like slash so light switcher a lightsaber. Yeah, yeah, I got you, man, And it has to be one of the two. It's so insignificant he don't even care to cover up. Or it's so significant. Not a ball on his all in this world gonna hurt me. You gonna take more than that. Yeah, that's a foul. He didn't come out the game. He didn't come out the match. The ones. That's a major foul.
Speaker 2: You know what, it's the foul toilet paper brown card issued dry TP smears and leaves extra men on the field. Dudewipes are xl they're wet, and they're built to close out the game properly. Send a free ten pack to a TP user you know at dudewipes dot com.
Speaker 3: Slash brown card. Hey, man, don't leave them extra men on the field. Man, you get a pen every time. Man. By the way, like, hey, who are you guys? At some point are y'all out here? At some point?
Speaker 2: Can we talk about your your cooking device at some point on this show.
Speaker 3: You're cooking device over there, you stupid. It's one of the most amazing things. I never even thought to do it. You don't need food, you drink. That's a that's incredible. But I guess if you ever wanted to eat up one of your your blood packets. Now you have a little creative Okay, can we talk about it?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 3: So Brady Levar's got this or actually, Loo, look, should we tease it? Yeah, you can tease it. Let's tease it.
Speaker 2: That's one of the most amazing, uh achievements I've ever seen in my life. So we will get it too. That for You're also gonna have some fun on this show. Uh it is too broingt cup of Joe filling in for the Dan Patrick Show, We've got another edition of in case you missed it, We're gonna have our f s R I R. We'll explain that coming up an hour two of the program. All of it is yours here on this three hour extravaganza. So up next you talk about inventions and then you talk about this and it's yours right here on FSR.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 3: Hey, this is Jason McIntyre.
Speaker 6: Join me every weekday morning on my podcast, Straight Fire with Jason McIntyre. This isn't your typical sports pod pushing the same tired narratives down your.
Speaker 3: Throat every day.
Speaker 6: Straight Fire gives you honest opinions on all the biggest sports headlines, accurate stats to help you win big at the sportsbook, and all the best guests. Do yourself a favor and listen to Straight Fire with Jason McIntyre on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts to the place.
Speaker 3: I belong, West Virginia. Got home.
Speaker 2: Tell you no, Yeah, this one's gotta stop. That's that Mountaineer music right there. I feel like we're running into the ground.
Speaker 3: Shouts out to them. Wv ewers. It is two pros and a cup of Joe.
Speaker 2: Filling in for the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio, LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn Jonas knocks with you. We are going to have another edition of In case you missed it coming up here a little over fifteen minutes from now. But right now it is time for the tire rack Play of the day.
Speaker 8: Yell, there's been businesses, go collings again, go away late the lights Shining World Cup on Fox on the call.
Speaker 3: That is your tire rack play the Day.
Speaker 2: For over forty years, tire Rack's been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Shipped fast and freedback by free Road, has a protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tire rack dot Com the way tire buying should be. So I had no idea that this was actually taking place. In veto who puts together all the imaging for the station. Him and Ricky do a great job here at Fox Sports Radio. He came in and noticed that there was is it a honey bun? Sure, like a frosted honeybun? Frosted honey Yeah? What I brought in a frosted honeybun?
Speaker 4: Are you eating it right now?
Speaker 2: Well, it's gone, but I did not. So there's a space heater in the studio. No, I have a space heater in the studio. People some people take it in these parts. Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: See it out there all about broken.
Speaker 4: No idea.
Speaker 3: That was still there and LaVar was heating up his honeybun with the space he did it work? Yes, just I've never seen that before. What's the microwaves right around the corner? I got a heater right there. It's cultural man adapt adapt in aja. I just never thought to do that. I mean it was right there, it was, it was hot, and I was like, you know what, let me just put this on there, heat it up real quick. Made a difference, and it worked. Worked Brady. Have you ever thought to heat up a pastry out a space heater?
Speaker 4: I have not. I'd give credit for the creativity there.
Speaker 5: I mean, obviously you've got some sort of heat source, and I have no idea how fast or how good of a job it would do. But it makes sense, like if it can heat you it, it probably can heat up there you go after a while, right.
Speaker 3: I just was in my mind, I was like, if the bag inflates, I know it's working, like the confess and the heat is working. Did you see it blow up like it blew up? Yeah?
Speaker 4: That's science. Yeah, I will say this.
Speaker 5: It lends me to think, though, we've got greater issues at hand is if you are so in need of that pastry that you're willing to use a space here to heat it up, then we got some other problems.
Speaker 3: It's fat boy stuff and I've never made it any like you know, I've never been ashamed of it. It is what it is.
Speaker 5: Well, Jonas has a diet for you, Jonas, do you want to share that with LeVar?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't think that LeVar needs it. There's just like so. But I've been working on Brady and I. I've been trying to get him to co author with me this because there's a lot of you know, diet plans out there, things that people try and go through, whether it's you know, Paleo, Keto all that stuff, Bloody yeah, that too, you know fasting, three day fasting, water fasting, you know, twenty four hours, sixteen and eight, all these other things. Brady and I have been working on this book. It's called put the Fork Down. Once you do that, then that's a real book. Trying to put the fork down a real book. I think that's a real book. If it is, they beat us to it and we'll come up with something else. But it's just it's real It's just it's easy. You just you set it down and say I'm not going to use you today, like that's that's just what I'm not going to do.
Speaker 3: And uh, and everything takes care of itself after that.
Speaker 5: But man, I used to By the way, can we get a round of applause for one LeVar Arrington? It is a book, uh, the two thousand and eight weight loss book, Put the Fork Down and Get.
Speaker 4: Moving by a certified personal trainer, Gary L.
Speaker 3: L l Lanin.
Speaker 5: It's a short, no nonsense lifestyle guy that focuses on real life nutrition, physical activity rather than the crash diets.
Speaker 3: For talking. I've been trying not to be fat a long time. I knew, I recognized that that title.
Speaker 4: That actually is disturbing you.
Speaker 3: There you go. I got on the I got on the scale the other day.
Speaker 4: You know, man, it's like eighteen years old though, and you know that book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yes, at least eighteen years Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of the biggest embellishments I've ever heard is you're fat shaming yourself like you are not fat.
Speaker 3: I don't understand myself. The other day with man, and it was just it was just totally disturbing. Man, disturbing. I don't Hey, it's upsetting, it's disturbing, but I don't get it. I don't do anything to change it, like aggressively or drastically. Because you're not fat, you're not obese. You keep saying these things you're not like. You don't you don't qualify, you don't fit in those categories. No pun intended, it's it's not okay for you to do that. What do you mean? Like, we have to be real about what my situation is.
Speaker 4: I'm on Joseph's side here.
Speaker 5: In fact, I'm almost ready to start instituting a fine for you talking about this. That's how far you are away from being obese.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think this is very insensitive what you guys are doing.
Speaker 4: Oh come on, now, you're making fun of it.
Speaker 3: I really really believe that if you guys understood the amount of turbulence and just you know, discomfort that I deal with being overweight, it's ridiculous. I literally need to lose like thirty pounds, like literally, like whether you guys like it or not, whether you are aware of if I'm being serious right now or not. Because Patty's back there laughing like it is not Thanksgiving well, let's let's be honest.
Speaker 2: A body could fall off the rooftop here and Patty would laugh like dang, so that's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, he's right, he's right. I would just say this. That honeybuton was good though. Yeah, And like any fat person out there that deals with the same type of issues, I feel in those moments, it's worth it eating that honey bun with the glaze on there. It was worth it. It was warm, it was it was it was soft. It melted in my mouth almost like somewhat but never duplicated, almost like a Krispy Kreman. It had a melting feel to it. Space heatered, Yeah, space on the studio chair. Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 5: Well, the biggest concern I don't want you crashing out on all the shirts you know.
Speaker 2: Oh well, you know there's a apparently that's a theme anybody in the vicinity of the Washington Commander's organizations.
Speaker 3: Uh, we got a major.
Speaker 2: Something's happening, all right, So just so I am understanding this correctly, there was a video that surfaced of Jadeen Daniels I believe it was at a World Cup game, and somebody yelled f Brandon Ayuk and Jade and Daniels kind of laughed, to which Brandon Ayuk decided that was enough for him to go on to social media and post whatever the hell this is in regards to Jade and Daniels, who we were told was his good friend, upon seeing the video of somebody yelling f him and Jade and Daniels smirking.
Speaker 9: Fie, don't teach me talking about so you on my team? Now you follow my rules. Boy, I'm a grown ass man. Boy. You're gonna have to start running behind your mama and I might believe what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: But until then, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Now, Jade and Daniels posted and then deleted an image that said enjoy retirement pal with a deuce's sign, and then you know, obviously that disappeared.
Speaker 3: Probably thought better.
Speaker 2: But this is the whole when he's talking and having this crash out for lack of a better term, in regards to his relationship with the Niners, like this crash for lack of a better term, and he's talking about his his you know, uh, he wants out with the Niners, and he's just projecting and forecasting the Washington Commanders is going to be his next team I'm thinking to myself, why would anybody want anything to do with him at this point, especially an organization where Dan Quinn's the coach, him and Kyle Shanahan are close. You don't think there's been a back and forth or discussion about, hey man, this guy's a problem. Like you can sign up for him all you want, but understand that this is a possibility when you deal with him.
Speaker 3: I just he.
Speaker 2: Clearly has nobody telling him the way to handle this, and it's just a full blown meltdown.
Speaker 3: Ever since he signed that contract with the Niners.
Speaker 5: Well, who's signing him? I mean, the one safe place you would say would be a place like Washington where you know the quarterback going back to his college days. You know the general manager, Adam Peters because he used to be with the San Francisco forty nine organization, was a part of that process in drafting him. Like, I look at this and just go you're ostracizing like every single person who could be an advocate for you. And it's what makes me concerned about his mental health, his well being right now. He's obviously a talented player and can add value to a team, but everything he's doing right now makes you feel like that's too big of a risk. We're bringing in a guy that the second he acts out or lashes out as a coach, a teammate, the media everything to say, I told you so, how.
Speaker 4: Dumb was that?
Speaker 5: And if there's one thing I'll say about the NFL is no one wants to really take that risk unless you're just an extraordinary talent.
Speaker 4: Like a one of one.
Speaker 5: And I'm not I'm not saying that Brendan and Ayuk isn't talented, but I don't that. Yeah, we don't look at him as as a one of one in that sense.
Speaker 4: And so it's just look, it's the NFL.
Speaker 5: Hopefully he still can get an opportunity to get his act together, but the whole thing is bizarre.
Speaker 3: I just hope that he can get it together for himself. I just I get to the point where in stories like these, football, you know, like Sowersby, like football is so sport is so it's so on the shelf, it's it's such a back a back room conversation. What it sounds like is this is a cry out for help. And and maybe he doesn't even realize that he's crying out for help. Sometimes when people act out this way, and they do it in a manner of which it takes place in a public form. Like what he's doing, you're seeking attention, and you're seeking a level of validation, You're you're seeking a level of support, you're seeking help. It's a cry out for help. Whether he thinks he's being strategic and whatever he's doing. You know, crash out crash out branding is a real thing these days. Like really so oh man. Some of the videos that are are being posted are purely like it's weird stuff like these two kids will go into college libraries or college study areas and they'll act like they're listening to music on their headphones, but they had this big speaker on their computer and it plays like the most nastiest, raunchiest crazy music that you could ever think of, Like like, just think of every nasty thing you could say about doing something in a nasty way, and it's worse. It's worse. It's worse. I got worse. But here's the thing, though, you look at the viewers, it's like three million views right. People are doing crash out content, like content where people look and they want to laugh, or it's like roadkill it's like, it's so cringe, but I gotta listen. It's so cringe, I gotta pay attention to it. I mean, the dude has a he has achieved being a viral, what you could say, a trending sensation. It's the same thing Ab did when he was building his audience, was did some wild out of the pocket type stuff. So part of me is almost like this new generation of dudes that are out here. I don't no if it's more important for him to be a crash out for clout on on the ground and on on on TikTok, or if he's really really having a mental emotional deal, whichever one it is. He's destroyed, not destroying. He has destroyed all credibility that he has held in terms of having the opportunity to continue his career in the in the league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean listen, if you know if he's going through uh something deeper than football whatever.
Speaker 3: Uh, that's not my problem. I'm sorry. Keep it up, buddy.
Speaker 2: We got a like three four weeks till training camp. If you could keep this going, we'd appreciate it because we could use the content.
Speaker 3: World Cup's not gonna last year. He sure did take a sip of that and he doesn't like his his drinks cold. He didn't have ice in there, did He didn't look like he had his drink looked it looked like wine in a cup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kind of guy.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a cup, like a play It wasn't. Maybe a glass. Okay, well maybe it was one. Maybe that's the maybe that's the key component. You know, you never know. It looked like some mice tea that was warm to me. Maybe even some scissor sip sub sissor sip subsissor.
Speaker 2: By the way, everyone's searching for ways to save on insurance. Switch to Liberty Mutual and they'll customize your auto and home insurance so you only pay for what you need.
Speaker 3: Liberty Liberty, Liberty Liberty.
Speaker 2: Get a quote at Libertymutual dot com or with your local independent agent. Up next, it's something we do on our show called in Case You missed It, and it's yours right here on FSR.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: It's a Dan Patrick show here on Fox Sports Radio, LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you in for Dan and the guys coming up top of next hour.
Speaker 3: We're gonna call it a little over ten minutes from now. He is back. He is back, and he's doing he's doing. No. No, oh, we already know you are. Oh. No, he is.
Speaker 2: But back to the same old, same old tricks in the world of sports. We'll get into that for you coming up here a little over ten minutes from now. By the way, if you've missed any of today's show, you're gonna want to catch the podcast. You search two pros wherever you get your podcast. Right after the show, today's pod will be posted. Be sure to follow it rate at five stars. You can even provide a review. Just search two pros wherever you get your podcast to find today's full show and a best of version posted right after we get off the air. Also, you can again follow along on YouTube at two pros FSR. That is, at two pros FSR. We are on there live right now. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you can't get to everything in the world of sports or entertainment. Good thing the guys are here to bring you. In case you.
Speaker 2: Missed it, Guys, you familiar with the name Michael Hewitt.
Speaker 3: You heard the story.
Speaker 2: So Michael Hewitt is an England fan, a soccer fan, who traveled out. He was going to be going to the festivities in Boston. He flew to Spain and had a short layover in Spain as he was getting ready to embark on his.
Speaker 3: Trip to the States.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, his family has not spoken to him since June twenty first. They've tried, They did everything they could to try and get hold of him. They were worried, they were concerned. Come to find out, he was just sitting watching soccer in a pub in Barcelona, just hanging out in Spain. Apparently what happened was he lost his phone which contained all his travel documents, and so instead of freaking out in panicking, he just said screw it and he just went to a pub.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure he's never coming back oh yet. But that's what I was thinking. I'm sure that pub was not the reason, but what the contents of what made the pub the pub?
Speaker 2: He was quote blissfully unaware that anybody was looking blissfully.
Speaker 5: Var var not everyone is the animal that you are Okay, I'm just saying, some guys don't mind just having a nice time at a bar, drinking a n ale and been watching a soccer match.
Speaker 4: Okay, they don't need much more than that.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know all right? Uh yeah, I mean lost his phone.
Speaker 4: And may have just been a little time away from his family.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Then maybe he realized, hey, maybe they don't miss me that much.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe they'll appreciate me more if I just disappear for you know, a little over two weeks, three weeks.
Speaker 3: What I'm going to say is I'm going to take the opposite side and riversad on family members. He realized how much he didn't need it. Wouldn't miss being away from his family and looking around and seeing what was going on around him in that pub in Barcelona is one hundred percent the reason why he got.
Speaker 4: Let me give you, let me give you one more possibility.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: Maybe what was on that phone was so hateous, was so wretched and awful. He just assumed it's gonna get out there, and he just figured out I'd hide out or I'd just wait for this bomb to drop, and once it does, my life's over. So I'm gonna go ahead and duck out here in Barcelona, and I'm gonna wait this thing out because my family's probably gonna dissown me. And once they see what's on my actual phone.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, So he's sixty five years old. So this guy had oh yeah, he don't care. I don't care what's on that one.
Speaker 2: He had to fake his enthusiasm for his family for sixty five years, and he finally realized and.
Speaker 3: At sixty five, I'm out of here. He realized that there's some shorties that that are prettier than anything he's ever seen, that appreciated him. They appreciate him, and he's not. He's y'all never going to see him again.
Speaker 2: You people are awful. He's going age backwards twenty years. Oh yeah, he is. He's gonna show up. It'll be at Tonio Bander.
Speaker 3: He's coming back to his fam, his family reunion, his school reunion, high school reunion, with with with someone that is going to finally propel him to the place he belongs as the number one stun up.
Speaker 2: It's a good move, man. I mean, seventy five, I lost my phone. You're not crazy, crazy, crazy old. He probably still got some swag witty. He's going to have a swag witty.
Speaker 3: For you man.
Speaker 2: Hell of an idea. So, if anybody that doesn't like their family, that's a move, Hey lose them in Barcelona. Barcelona.
Speaker 1: So