Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong is Joe Getty arm Strong and Jetty and now he.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Hetty.
Speaker 3: Do you work only with humans or do you move drugs?
Speaker 2: Also everything?
Speaker 3: How much fentanyl do you move across that border?
Speaker 4: Lately it's been quiet, but for a while there we were bringing in thirty kilos per month.
Speaker 3: Wow, you were the drugs come from from China.
Speaker 4: I get more into the US, but also it goes from the US to Canada and weapons.
Speaker 1: That was on sixty Minutes last night.
Speaker 5: We're speculating that they got so much pushback on sixty Minutes from some of their ridiculously left leaning coverage of a couple of big stories in the last few weeks, they decided to do this because, I mean, God, a lot of liberals had to hate sixty minutes pointing out, Yeah, the Mexican cartels are absolutely moving humans and drugs across the Canadian border, and the interview guy.
Speaker 1: As I mentioned earlier, I was so disgusted with sixty minutes. I couldn't bring myself to look at it last night, just because they've been on the twenty five issue of sixty five twenty five issues several weeks in a row, and they don't even acknowledge right that there is another viewpoint, much less that that viewpoint is held by double or triple's number of the number of people there. Especially, they've just gone so full on lefty. It's ridiculous, that's so much correct.
Speaker 5: Perhaps it's so maddening when the news does that, when they take the minority position and act like that's the only position. God, how are you even in journalism when you do that? But anyway, luckily they're dying. Jack is an industry, right.
Speaker 1: Here's a little more of this cartel guy.
Speaker 5: With his face blacked out and adjusting his voice, talking to sixty minutes.
Speaker 3: In February, we traveled to an area the US Customs and Border Protection calls the Swanton Sector, which runs from New Hampshire to upstate New York. Last year, more than eighty percent of migrant apprehensions at the northern border happened here. This man told us he coordinated the handoff and took the video.
Speaker 2: Can you tell us who you work for? For the Cineloa cartel.
Speaker 3: He goes by the name Hove and agreed to speak with us only with his camera off. He said he can't risk his identity being exposed.
Speaker 2: How does this work?
Speaker 3: They tell you where to go, They tell you how many people you have to bring across each week.
Speaker 2: I set them makes exactly, That's how it goes.
Speaker 4: They provide the people, They have more people who are behind all this looking for customers, finding them and summoning them to certain locations.
Speaker 1: This is not fundamental to the discussion. But why is that dude talk in a sixty minute right outside? Because the downside is several holes in him? Oh, the downside is being tortured to death. Yes, I mean like horrifically to make sure that they would again shoot you. Yeah, that would be a bargain.
Speaker 5: That's why, as I was watching this, I thought, if the politics were flipped on this story, I'd be calling BS. I really would. I'd be saying, oh, sure, sixty minutes found somebody who's willing to risk their lives of being tortured by the Sonola Cartel to go on the record for some reason.
Speaker 1: What a bunch of crap.
Speaker 5: I think I would be saying that it's odd. Here's a little more the guy I don't know, but here's a little more from him before we discuss.
Speaker 3: Search for border excursions on TikTok and Facebook and you'll find a black market set to music that guarantees migrant safe passage across the northern border. There are posts in Spanish, English and Punjabi Hello, and reviews like you'd find on Yelp. These men in the back of a car on their way to a new life in the United States. Give their smugglers five stars and a thumbs up.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: How about that they have just flat out advertisements with music and a voiceover and an endorsement from somebody from a happy customer who the Mexican did the awful, deadly Mexican cartels are working in Canada to get these people across, and of course they are, because your life is going to be so much better for you and the rest of your family if you can get into the United States, especially with our currents in a low of vacations. Sign up today.
Speaker 6: How about the fact that on sixty minutes they had a guy flat out say yeah, China is getting the fentanyl to Mexico and then we get it into the United States across the Canadian border.
Speaker 5: Right on sixty minutes', which's line right there.
Speaker 1: It's pretty well known, but it is very very interesting that they are saying, yeah, all that stuff is true. Yep, and much more than years old. We had an email.
Speaker 5: Known at all by the crowd that watches sixty minutes.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's good point, great point. We had an email a couple of weeks ago. I think we featured it from a recently retired fella who worked the Canadian border who said, fellas that you know, only two percent of the fentanyl in America comes through the Canadian border. Thing is a wildly outdated number based on a faulty estimate, and it's easily ten times that much.
Speaker 5: It's the largest ungo guarded border on planet Earth. The line mail, Yeah, by by quite a bit. It's almost six thousand miles long. I mean, it's it's amazing. I had another point to make on that. Oh yeah, so it's a small percentage of the amount that comes across the Mexican border.
Speaker 1: Well, good god, I would hope so, because that's an absurd amount absolutely to kill you know, hundreds of thousands of Americans, millions of Americans every year.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're pointing out the The fentanyl overdose rate is down fairly significantly from are you kidding me too?
Speaker 5: That's a tragedy.
Speaker 1: The number is still in the eighty thousand a year range, eighty thou that's down twenty five percent, which is a good thing. But again it's from unthinkable to horrific.
Speaker 5: Wow, we have what thirty thousand a year fatalities from car wreck something like that, eighty thousand from fentanyl. Yeah, that is a main good news. I have always wondered with fentanyl. It's just at some point, don't you kill are your customers? That's what I've just always wonder. Can you come up with enough new people who are willing to dabble in fentanyl? Yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 1: We can look when we have a little more time at why the drop has occurred. It's a it's a bunch of different factors. There seems to be a drop in opioid use over all, which is partly so many people have died. Partly word is getting around that that is just you are diving into the grave, Yeah, by dabbling in this stuff.
Speaker 5: So I guess the main point would be I'm not I don't think we need to be in a trade war. With Canada.
Speaker 1: No, they need to be our fifty first state. Just ask Governor Trudeau.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's right, he's not in an office or be bad mouth in Canada like there's some sort of evil country. But obviously the pushback that the Mexican cartels were not working with the Canadian border and doing this sort of stuff is just flat out wrong. So good on sixty minutes for having that story. I appreciate that I mentioned earlier. My neighbors are making me feel bad about myself and super super nice people in this new neighborhood that I live in.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 5: They my picture of them from my driveway is I've only had a couple of conversations with them, a few conversations, met their kids, that sort of stuff. Really nice, But my picture of them for my driveway it's like seeing their Facebook page with all the achievements and everything that all the time. They're always up earlier than me and my kids. They're always out exercising, like with the kids, bike rides and all this different sort of stuff. On Sundays, they're up early and the kids are all dressed up and they get to church. Every time I go to the gym, he's there, it's like, are there two of you? How do you do this? I don't understand how you do this? Washing their cars in the drive. It's just like they're constantly doing productive things and like being just so productive and happy. And it's just it's I need to move somewhere where the people are like just laying around.
Speaker 1: They're in super fit. I need I need to I need to live.
Speaker 5: I need to live next to people who are like, oh, laying around and even crap, their.
Speaker 1: Cars are dirty, their kids look right, yeah, yeah, okay, Well you have you have three choices to me, all right. Number one, there's that choice, very attractive. Number two. Number two, you could up your game and be as good or better than your neighbors.
Speaker 5: Let's just put that one aside. Right, Let's table that at best.
Speaker 1: Third, undermine their efforts. Now here's the option. I'm interested in exploring. What can you do to undermine that family their good habits and their happiness?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Just the best offense is a good defense, you know that. Watching the NZAA tournament, got.
Speaker 5: To admit I'm looking for some downside to make myself feel better.
Speaker 1: It's like there's gotta be.
Speaker 5: Something going on over there. That's not perfect because it looks perfect. Yeah, and I feel like they're doing it just to mock me. That's their main motivation. Well, that's yeah, that's the key is to take it personally. Yes, it only makes sense. Their excellence is an insult to you. Yeah, it's a very productive, great attitude to have. Yeah, when I when I walk out and I see them with their kids all dressed up headed to Sunday school, and I think my kids are still in bed, and I just got up myself. Oh my good.
Speaker 1: Right, you've got to resent them for that.
Speaker 5: You're gonna come home from church and then wash your cars and then you're going to the gym.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's not exactly what my plan is. Wow, have you read He'll be elegy? You really should. Or we're gonna reath it. We're gonna eat too much bad food and go back to sleep.
Speaker 5: Is sort of our plan, but SATs their own exactly. We've got more on the Waistay here.
Speaker 7: The IDF expands its attacks in Gaza, and then he talks of a renewed ceasefire between Israel and Hamas have stalled, the IDF saying they'll continue to seize more areas in Gaza until Hamas releases the remaining several dozen hostages. The IDF targeting Nasser Hospital, one of Gaza's largest still operational, saying a Hamas leader was operating from inside the Trumpe administration firmly standing behind Israel, saying it had every right to restart this war after Hamas refused to keep negotiating. Hamas, of course, accuses Israel of breaking the ceasefire ceasefire.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Sagan, you got cut off. Israel is breaking the ceasefire. Yes, I saw it on the news. Israel broke the ceasefire.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: Goodness sakes, So Benjamin Netanyahu and his national security team have decided to go ahead with an aggressive plan to capture and hold swaths of territory. They think that's the way to finally defeat Hamas, because that's it's the only way to go. There's no co existing with Hamas anymore. Perhaps you saw over the weekend they sent infantry into the northern part of the Gaza Strip, areas around Rafa in the south has Also, Israel has also deployed troops in the so called Netsarim Corridor, which bi sects the enclave returning it, returning two areas that had withdrawn from as part of the ceasefire, that the prisoner exchange the hostages.
Speaker 5: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: We all follow that, and I didn't mean to blah blah blah the hostages and those still held. It is horrific, It is medieval, It is evil. What's interesting is that Netanya Netanyahu and his hawkish group of aids are kind of going against the grain of Israeli society right now because polls have shown a majority, a pretty good majority, including a majority of right wing voters in Israel, want the fighting to stop as part of a deal that brings home the remaining hostages in God. So, I'm of two minds on this. Number One, Israel and Israelis should run their own country the way they see fit.
Speaker 5: But also.
Speaker 1: Hamas is really really good at manipulating public opinion and saying, hey, hey, all you have to do is take it easy on us for a little while longer and your dad will come home.
Speaker 5: Just give us another week.
Speaker 1: We're not reconstructing the tunnels or re arming or training recruits or anything like that. And that that nice granny, We'll we'll go ahead and release here or they're not.
Speaker 5: Already dead and we don't even know where they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I am sympathetic to the desperation of the Israeli people for you know, just normal reasons that all humans share, and then for traditional reasons among uh Jewish folks to get those people and or their bodies back. I just wonder how realistic they're being. I mean, because I look at the American public. There are times that polls show Americans want something that's completely unrealistic.
Speaker 5: It happens.
Speaker 1: People are not experts in this stuff, and so I just I don't understand, you know what, I ought to dig into this find out why the Israeli people in large numbers think this. Do they think that if we string this along a little bit and get a few more hostages back, we can then stomp out Hamas.
Speaker 5: Most of the polling that I've seen has been overwhelmingly positive towards stomping out Hamas. Still ultimately, but that is Jewish tradition, to do whatever you got to do to get hostages back. That's just that's part that's I mean, that's the religious law and cultural.
Speaker 1: So the debate is just a question of timing and tactics.
Speaker 5: Then I think, yeah, how to stomp out Hamas.
Speaker 1: I've got to believe, and I again, I will dig into these poll numbers, try to understand them a little more thoroughly.
Speaker 5: But I can't believe.
Speaker 1: There is any serious constituency in Israel for let's have a two state solution in which Hamas is part of the process. I mean, that would just be that would be psychotic.
Speaker 5: I think what net and Yahu ought to do. He's an old man, he's got legal problems. I think he should just use up every bit of political capital he's got and do whatever he's got to do to absolutely wipe out Hamas. Agree, even if the opinion turns against him all around the world, just do it like as a patriot to his country. I would agree.
Speaker 1: You know, take a page out of Churchill's book, who was unpopular and hoot it at and you know, and made fun of during the thirties, as he was screaming, we've got to defend her. We've got to arm ourselves because Germany is re arming themselves fast as he can so. And then you know, history looks upon you much more kindly. Speaking of politics, a domestic Bernie and AOC. It's the hottest tour since the Rolling Stones last summer packing that Bernardstat's the man. Yes, and cute little AOC are packing and that is where all the energy is in the Democratic Party these days. Awesome as a conservative, Yeah, I say it's super. I mean to go on nothing exact, guy, I got no criticism whatsoever.
Speaker 5: We can tell you the sort of.
Speaker 1: Things they're saying from the stage, though, and you can be the judge whether that message will catch fire among the American people.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and you got to hear the thunderous applause and everything. I mean, Bernie with the biggest crowds he's ever had. And that's saying something because he's drawn some of the big crowds in modern political history. And he's biden old. Right, Oh yeah, let me ask Siri here stand by everybody, how old is Bernie Sanders? And God for my watch and he's three? How he's older than these other people. He's eighty three years old.
Speaker 1: You know his brain works, which is more than a small detail.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've seen no slippage on him whatsoever in terms of his cognitive abilities.
Speaker 1: Well, he's helped by the fact that his ideas haven't changed since nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 5: Maybe socialism keeps you I don't know.
Speaker 1: Perhaps, so we'll have that for you coming up.
Speaker 5: Less to worry about it, because somebody else is going to take care of you, cradle to grave. It's less stressful. We got a lot all the way.
Speaker 2: Stay here, armstrong, and getdy.
Speaker 5: Out here in ten for big crowds to see Bernie Sanders and Alexandria A Cossi a Cortez. They're calling it the Fighting Oligarchy Tour. Yes, yes, and drawing giant crowds and going around the country.
Speaker 1: And you got how we got.
Speaker 5: We nailed down Bernie's age? How old is AOC masking my watch? Thirty four, thirty five? Joe's guessing thirty five, Yes, that's her. The other day she's old enough to run for president. Wow, Bernie's eighty three. She's thirty five. He's almost fifty years older than her.
Speaker 1: There's your twenty twenty eight ticket right there, Bernie and AOC.
Speaker 5: Yeah, spanning the ages. That'd be their slogan, do it, do it and drawing crowds like this and if this makes the media. The media got so excited about this over the weekend we're about to play clips, but so excited about this good believe that that's where your party is and that's where America is. Just keep believing that for like several more election cycles, I would loss.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anyway, let's let's hear some of it. Here's here's the old man Flemy Bernie. First, he loves media that fauns on him.
Speaker 2: That tells about Grady is Well.
Speaker 8: I got news to you, and mister president, what democracy is about. It's people discussing issues, debating issues, and disagree with you. And if you can't take the credits of get the.
Speaker 2: Hell out of politics.
Speaker 5: That was some of the weakest political rhetoric I've ever heard in my life. I was ready for, you know, Bernie bringing it. It's okay to disagree. We're gonna disagree. If you don't, I could get out of politics.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: People have been like hammering Trump since the moment he came down the escalator. What are you talking about? I don't know. We got more Burnie a little bit for here's aoc with the tale of woe.
Speaker 1: Seeing all of.
Speaker 9: This stack up is enough to make even the best of us want to give in to despair. I get it and trust me, I really understand, but understand.
Speaker 2: That that is by design.
Speaker 9: They want us to give up, and it is easy to give in to despair. And I can tell you for a while there, in the years that I spent waitressing and wiping down tables and never being able to get ahead, I did give up.
Speaker 1: I tried.
Speaker 9: I tried to stop caring, keep my head down, work my shifts, and accept that this is just how things are.
Speaker 2: But that's no way to live Colorado.
Speaker 5: It's no way to live.
Speaker 1: And we do not have to live like this.
Speaker 9: In fact, we cannot live like this.
Speaker 5: Did she graduate from Boston University or something you went to, like a fantastic school. You're a college graduate and you're going to give up because you had to work a regular job for a while.
Speaker 1: And you hadn't made it at age twenty seven? And what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: What sort of.
Speaker 1: Life trajectory were you told to expect? Sweetheart? Yeah, when I was twenty seven, I had kid number one and could hardly pay the bills, and it was fine, And I didn't give up for a moment. Neither should any other normal person. What a load of crap?
Speaker 5: Well, she had what lots of young people have, especially young people who come from fairly well to do families and go to a nice college. They assume when they come out at twenty two, things are going to be so damned easy and uh and rewarding right off the batse. They aren't because the world has never been that way.
Speaker 1: The world will welcome them with open arms and open checkbooks.
Speaker 5: Right, so it's called the oligarchs now tour or whatever it is. Let's hear about the oligarchs.
Speaker 8: And right now, what these oligarchs are doing as they're going after Social Security, they're going after Medicaid. They are trying to destroy the Veterans Administration. Oh, veterans put their lives on the line to defend this country. And you don't fire eighty three thousand workers at the VA, which will mean worse quality healthcare for our veterans.
Speaker 1: All right, so you got the whole.
Speaker 5: They're coming after your social security thing, the oligarchs, because nothing makes a billionaire happier knowing you're not getting your social security check.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, I went to everyone so poor they can't buy my products. Wait a minute, what I realize we're on new stations. You don't know our act.
Speaker 5: But the whole.
Speaker 1: Now both parties.
Speaker 5: It used to just be one party, but now both parties swearing to never touch social security because god, how could we possibly change something that's quick about to fall apart. It's just insane. It's just it's so depressing. Give the people what they want. Jack any politics as well as show business.
Speaker 1: I shall tell you this. There are a couple of doge cuts that have made me uncomfortable. I think they're ham handed and not in the right places. I would prefer they're a little more surgical. We can talk about that next hour.
Speaker 5: Are you really concerned that these things won't grow back fast enough? Though?
Speaker 1: I just I'd have no.
Speaker 5: Worry about that. Oh that's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do have a little worry about it, because there are some lapses in care and help for average people right now that are, you know, screwing them and causing them great stress and pain.
Speaker 5: People get screwed all the time, though, when the government's trying to do its best and nobody ever talks about it.
Speaker 1: It gets so little coverage.
Speaker 5: Remember the Well this got coverage because it was so incredibly over the top.
Speaker 1: But remember the VA which he was just talking about.
Speaker 5: Remember how bad we found out the VA was at various points when they were doing their best. The government screws people all the time when it's doing its best. So when doage comes along and makes some cuts and somebody gets screwed, oh my god, that's a horror.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 1: No, I just think you can be smart and have it both ways if you're strategic about it. That's all I'm saying. You're in favor of screwing more people. You've made that clear. Let's just move on.
Speaker 5: That's that's fine, and a fair character's history. Let's hear more, Bernie.
Speaker 8: Here, you know what is almost unimaginable. And this is what greed it's about. It's like a heroin addict. I need it more and more and more. They want to cut nutrition programs for hungry kids.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, now they want to starve the children.
Speaker 1: Right in what world, in what universe?
Speaker 2: In what religion?
Speaker 8: Is taking food away from hungry children at giving talks breaks to the rich?
Speaker 1: Vaguely moral? But look, let me explain it to you, Bernie, as simple as this. As a conservative, we starved, you know, not like normal healthy adults, and then we starved widows. Then we moved on to starving the handicapped. We passed over the blind. That's too much even for us. But then we thought, who can we starve next? To fulfill our hairin like need to starve people? And I thought children, Why not hungry children?
Speaker 5: My personal criticism, Bernie, My personal favorite thing to do is and I do this sometimes on the weekends. I find a veteran, especially if I can find somebody who served in the Middle East protecting our country, and if I can take food from his child and then give the dollars directly to an oligark, because that's the way it works, that's what makes me the happens.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is like a Project Veritas video in reverse. Listen to these two diabolical conservatives discussing their nevarios plans.
Speaker 5: Right, I find a veteran, it's got to fly out front marine tattoo. I run into his house at dinner time. I scooped the food off the table with his crying children into a bag, and then I run it over to the Bay Area and give it to alligarks.
Speaker 1: Right to slap the food out of the hungry child's mouth. Who's the child of a veteran? I mean, that is just that's a good day.
Speaker 5: I just I hate that populism works so well, and it works on both sides. They a't like trumpet a population, but populism working is just so depressing when you hear that. Yeah, you're right. Any program that's designed to field children is beyond reproach. Couldn't possible have any waste or be overlapping with ten other programs or not needed in the first place. Impossible. It's got to, by definition, be all wonderful. It's just, and it would be.
Speaker 1: It would be impossible in human history, of course, for the most nefarious among us to intentionally choose the most sympathetic sounding charities and programs because they're the easiest to rip off because people so easily condemnic on it. You'll find this interesting. Love this. So days after Trump got inaugurated this time, Biden and Harris staffers came together to launch a new effort called Families Over Billionaires, exactly what Bernie and AOC were talking about. Quote the camp all right, the campaign will elevate the voices of the majority of Americans who opposed more tax breaks for the rich. And they told the Free Press that the organization is teaming with grassroots organizers to get its message out. In fact, like this is who am I quoting here, Davy oh gab Kaminski. In fact, like his surprising number of Trump two point zero resistance pop up groups, Families over Billionaires owes this existence not too small dollar donations from ordinary Americans or grassroots organizers, but to a single entity, the consulting firm Arabella Advisors, which oversees a massive dark money network bankrolled by the super rich and aligned with the Democratic Party. The Families over Billionaires group relies on support from billionaires like Bill Gates, eBay founder Pierre Omidyar LinkedIn coin finder, Reid Hoffman founder Reid Hoffman, and Democratic mega donor George Soros. In other words, it's not families over.
Speaker 5: Billionaires so much as it's billionaires over other billionaires. Hilarious, pure astro turf. So just on the pollen tics of this. If this is the hottest thing out there for the Democrats, socialist eighty three old Bernie Sanders and powerless do nothing AOC, that's good news for Republicans. More on that right after.
Speaker 1: This Shee's Instagram famous Yeah.
Speaker 5: Quick word from our friends at Prize Picks springtime is here. Baseball season officially underway in moments. Don't miss your chance to add your favorite players from the Diamond and your Prize Picks lineups. Whether it's strikeouts, RBIs, first inning runs, take your pickup more or less for your shot to win up to a thousand times your cash today. First inning runs. What an interesting category to get involved in and you got a strong opinion about that, Yeah, you can turn your opinions into money. You want to download the Prize Pick app today and get started on all that's a lot of fun. And what's really fun. On Prize Picks you can mix and match player projections from different sports, combining your favorite baseball players with players from basketball playoffs are finally getting going soon, hockey, e sports, and much more. Download the Prize Picks app today.
Speaker 1: Use the code Armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollar lineup. Wait a minute, so I play a five dollar lineup and they'll give me fifty bucks to play around with. That's right, you don't even need to win. Download the Prize Picks app today. Remember the code armstrong. Prize Picks run your game. I want to hear this real quick.
Speaker 5: Sarah is here of the Dispatch, who I really like commenting on AOC.
Speaker 10: I mean, one of the ironies is seeing AOC out there an incredibly good fundraiser and incredibly good spokesperson on behalf of the progressive movement, but a congresswoman. She's in the lowest twenty for actual accomplishments out of four hundred and thirty five. Mind you, in the bottom twenty for accomplishments as a legislator.
Speaker 2: I'm twenty percent.
Speaker 5: You're saying twenty.
Speaker 10: Twenty human beings. She's renaming some post offices. So if Congress is just going to be a platform to raise small dollar donors and go on cable news, I don't know what we're doing with that first branch of government. And when you ask a Senator what they can do and he's like, well, I don't know. Basically, we have to win back the White House. This is the first branch of government. Make cong great again.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 5: I like the idea of that, But in terms of her evaluating AOC's impact, I just I think I actually think she's wrong about that.
Speaker 1: I've heard this so many times.
Speaker 5: My Barack Obama name one piece of a legislation, Barack Obama's name is attached to as a senator, and don't make no difference, and don't make it anymore. No, but the idea that you're hot for the Twitter left is going to transfer to general election wins. Come on. That's one thing Trump has such an advantage of. He he understands where most Americans are on these topics in place to them with his populism as opposed to the Twitter crowd, which is a small chunk of America.
Speaker 1: I don't remember who it was who made the distinction not long ago about popularism. How about we do things that people want us to do. Imagine that as a governing philosophy that would be foreign. Well, I was gonna say that'd be foreign to a person like AOC. But I think if you are bubble in the online world, for instance, and just watch MSNBC all day, you think that your ideas are populu, but they're not not at all.
Speaker 5: Got quite a few texts on how I should handle my perfect neighbors who are making me feel bad about.
Speaker 1: Myself, amongst other things. Among other things.
Speaker 5: On the way and Arizona man was executed, but not before eating.
Speaker 1: A last meal of onion rings, French.
Speaker 5: Fries, to sandwiches blac la bah, and a double Western cheeseburger. After hearing the news, Jay Pritzker said, I should.
Speaker 1: Murder someone because he's a big, fat guy, the governor of Illinois. Wow, I was an evil, evil man. Yes, I thought there were.
Speaker 5: A limit on last meals. Apparently not in this case.
Speaker 1: I couldn't eat that much on my best day.
Speaker 5: What is it? Maybe you just nibbled at a variety.
Speaker 1: It's a weird tradition we have.
Speaker 5: Is that bib?
Speaker 1: How cold does it come out of the last supper? But what's the idea?
Speaker 5: You murdered a family of feign cold blood, but now we're gonna let you eat whatever you want before we execute you. Is a weird thing. It is an odd How about you just eat a freaking prison food everybody else eats if you're hungry at all, and then we'll execute you. Yeah, I see your point.
Speaker 1: I think it's a it's tipping our cap to the seriousness of executing somebody. But you're right, it's an odd custom. We can talk more about that later. Oh. Speaking of blue states and their woes, cal Unicornia, there is a new poll out that shows that about half of California voters are at least open to considering a Republican I know that sounds like a meager bit of good news, but let's go on a positive Well that and some other cal Unicornia related stories coming up next hour. If you don't get next Hour for whatever reason, maybe you have to go somewhere.
Speaker 5: Maybe station, a local station doesn't get it.
Speaker 1: Grab the podcast later, Armstrong, You Getty on demand, you should probably subscribe.
Speaker 5: First to the text line, got this text, Jack, you are so rude to your workmates. Workmates, you interrupt them while they're talking, thinking all we want to hear is what Jack thinks. I think it's time for a change.
Speaker 1: Good note, good email or text. Thanks for sending it. That's a good point.
Speaker 5: Solid Now to the topic of my fabulous neighbors make me feel bad about myself. I got really lucky where I move. I got great neighbors on both sides. I've been in a cul de sack, so it's like four houses staring at each other. But directly to my left is this really really really nice family. But they're so perfect. I mean, they're everybody's in really great shape. They got the kids out and about all the time. They're always on bike rides or going to church, or washing their cars or just and every time I go to the gym, he's there. It's just I don't know, and it's so it makes me feel bad of my mind. They're always up earlier than us. Got a couple of texts on that maybe you need fast and maybe you need to move to a fat neighborhood that would help.
Speaker 1: Uh, Jack, what are they like zoned for that?
Speaker 5: Or what?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: What is a fat neighborhood?
Speaker 5: You might live next to Mormon's best neighbors ever. Yeah, I got a buddy who lives in Salt Lake City and that's been his experience in every neighborhood he's lived in the neighbor the Mormon neighbors are like the people I just described, Jack. Remember, comparison is the thief of joy true.
Speaker 1: Or the supplier of standards.
Speaker 5: Wow? That hurts? Sorry? Sorry? Uh send your neighbors, Uh sign sign your neighbors up for a subscription to Playboy A classic. Wow. Oh, put some distrust into their happy lives. Think you're so happy?
Speaker 2: Jack?
Speaker 5: Put the shoe on the other foot. Think how much better your neighbors feel? Having you as their neighbor. Waited a minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're a you're a force for.
Speaker 5: Good in the neighborhood. Yeah, everybody's an example. You're everybody's an exact ample in life. And I am the example of Swath.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's how they get their kids in line, right, Or you don't want to draw up to be like Jack our neighbor.
Speaker 5: We're gonna skip church, We're gonna get up late and go eat some bad food, then.
Speaker 1: Come back, maybe take a little nap after all those carbs.
Speaker 5: And uh. Also this you're Homer Simpson and you live next to ned Flanders. That is pretty accurate. Dope.
Speaker 1: Eh, you know, I was just telling some folks the other day about the years I spent in Salina, Kansas, Judy and I when we were young and broke, and uh, and I mentioned that the people in that part of the country are among the kindest and most generous humans on earth. It was the best place to be young and broke in the world because if you knew somebody for ten minutes, they'd do anything for you. And a couple of the people were from various coastal areas where that is definitely not the culture and they looked at me like, where.
Speaker 5: Is this wonderland?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, yeah, the middle part of the country some of you all, I'll call it fly over country and Yanna right. So we got a lot more stuff to get to.
Speaker 5: Elon Musk called social Security a Ponzi scheme.
Speaker 1: How Dairy, among other things, Armstrong and Getty