Speaker 1: As you're going up against your former team the biggest game here, What are your emotions like this? Pretty high emotions. You know, KM City best team in the world. They the champs. You know they didn't be in the folks super Bowls in the past was six years. So it's a great feeling to try to go in there and knock off, you know, the best team in the world over the past five six years. What do you what does Rice look like to you as a young player? Try a good year, but you probably gonna get him in this game.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He kind of remind me of Depo a little bit, you know what I'm saying. Good Rod run in to a physical Once you get the ball in his hands, he can make plays, make guys miss. So we gotta go out there and just try to match his physicality and be physical with 'em all game.
Speaker 2: Do you want for any advice about uh the Mahomes Kelsey connection and and how to possibly address that. Uh, take care of that.
Speaker 1: I mean that match up is I mean that duos kind of one on one. You know what I'm saying is nobody nobody like 'em. So we just gotta go out there and just try try hardest man try best. We know they got great great Kim, So we just gotta go out there and match. You know, they intensity all game, they Hall of famers. But I mean we just gotta up our level of play.
Speaker 2: I just set a time that Kelsey either runs the wrong ro rout or just see something and sits down, Like can can you prepare for a player that you know plays with instinct or you know, is there any way to do?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean TRAFP is just more like if he see if he got a a certain route, and if you see if you see a guy sitting out there to where his route gotta go. I mean obviously he not gonna just run to the guy. He'll just sit down and find a hole in the defense. And that's what I mean by the chemistry earlier, like they just they just know each to the real world, you know what I mean. So and you gotta go out there and just try to try to mass that people if you, uh fend.
Speaker 2: You plays every time with the homes the regular one of the movies ort to scrambling, right, just how do you go about your what's the child feel?
Speaker 1: Uh? We gotta just plaster you know what I'm saying hate have great stamina, cause we know he gonna get out of the pocket a lot scramble around the guy's on the D line. They probably gonna be tied. We probably gonna be tied. But we gotta j y just up our intensity all game to get too likes to use the screen game short passing as much. How do you kind of strike that balance of like knowing when the shoots you're goun to to go.
Speaker 2: Stop the screen game versus like making sure something doesn't get over your head.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're gonna shoot our gun. They every play the safeties if the corner shoot they gun. I mean, we gonna have somebody to back us up every play. We know, the screens and the jet sweeps and reverses being kind of our weakness all season and definitely in the playoffs. So I mean, obviously they would be crazy now to come out there and do the same thing. So we gotta, you know, just shoot our gun and be physical and don't let them get any momentum in that department you from.
Speaker 2: Uh they lost two super Bowls that I guess. Spending time during the week when you're not in the practice field, are you watching the film are you reading a book?
Speaker 1: Uh, tryna chase down family member?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Uh, Well, it's Super Bowl in Vegas, so you might turn up a little bit the first day or two out there, but after they really just lock in. You know what I'm saying. Focus the whole week is really like a movie. Like you gonna see celebrities everywhere pre game. On the field, you might see jay Z, Beyonce, you know what I'm saying, Kevin more people like that. But I mean, it's still a game at the end of the day, you know what I'm saying. Which day I got still gotta go out there and try to get the wins. You know, just be locked in, be all your stuff.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of this roster that hasn't been in a big game.
Speaker 1: Have people have guys come up to talk to you about what the experience is like, are you operate kind of your experience and advice on.
Speaker 2: How to deal with it on?
Speaker 1: Uh? Like I said, it's probably it's gonna be like a movie like the lights gonna be signing the It's gonna be media where cameras there were so you you gotta just you know, be a professional while you're out there. The whole week, like study and do whatever you can do to keep their mind focused in and prepare for the game. You specifically do you just keep your locked in. Oh, I do a lot of things like I read, I meditate, I say positive affirmations, you know, I visualize and uh, you know, talk to my old lady, my girlfriend. Yeah, that's what I do to keep my head on. It's to you.
Speaker 2: I'm the week, you know, having those tools or is that something you've developed as you've been in the league.
Speaker 1: Uh, it definitely. I I I did it a little bit coming into the lead, but as I got in the NFL, Like this shit hell is stressful, you know what I'm saying, Like, like it's a lot of haters in this game, like the the fans can hit on you sometimes, medic can down talk you sometimes. So you just gotta find ways to work on your work on yourself. I always been like a big self help person, you know what I'm saying, care for myself. Self care is always the best care. So I always been trying, you know, find ways to to better myself mentally, you know and spiritually.
Speaker 2: You what are your plus of informations?
Speaker 1: Nah, that's kind of just me alright, dah, I'm sorry. Uh nah. Some something for people can say. It is like I believe in myself or when I first wake up in the morning, I say something like I believe or I have faith. You know what I'm saying to myself and in God. That's something I say every morning.
Speaker 2: Fr different about this postseason, Ryan, as opposed.
Speaker 1: To all the others you've been on them. I feel like, I know we got a great team. Everybody expected us to be in a super Bowl. Like when I was in Kansas City we won in twenty twenty. What it was, we just knew he was gonna win the super Bowl. It wasn't a doubt in our mind that we wasn't gonna win the super Bowl then, di I. I feel like that's how this team feel this year. He speeches on side on sid Raight, have to walk through what makes them compelling? What do you what do you get from those how you know about how you know about the Uh nah? They uh they they pretty good speeches. Man. You know, bost of Defensive Player of the Year. So he talk. You know what I'm saying. You gonna listen cause he honestly he doing something right. So he do A. He do a pretty good job of of motivating us and and having us locked in for the game. What did they get your year?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Have ten tackles and you pick moment last week against Detroit? What do you what?
Speaker 2: How do you feelish come along?
Speaker 1: Uh? Gared pretty good man. He a pretty good player, you know, Ricky. The stays not too big for him, the light's not too bright for him. He pretty calm out there and comforting in hisself. And so I feel like Jarry gonna do pretty good in the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: What are you good? Played from the super Bowl?
Speaker 1: Whenever the Niners? That sticks with you, just a moment, the kind of it, it's r ridicularly special. We talking about when we won. Yeah, I played that. I remember when that that D thirty fifteen passed. I think to Tyreek Hill they kind of like changed the moreum mo meum of the game.
Speaker 2: You gotta yeah, like maybe we maybe we got 'em.
Speaker 1: I mean, we knew we was gonna win the whole time, to be honest, just like we did these past two games. When we went down. Have you moved your gimmicks?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Can you do?
Speaker 2: You're gonna win that game?
Speaker 1: Won? H Nah? I ain't saying nothing to we. We talk about it though, I tell him, like I feel like we was a never mind, but yeah we I'm glad we got doing for So what were your emotions last year when you see the Chiefs go on to win the Super Bowl? Uh, it was kind of bittersweet. Man. I knew they was gonna kind of make it to the Super Bowl cause I mean, they're just a good ass team over there, like they got past, like they got past. He liked the ultimate equalizer and you know, Travis kill Se and Red call him plays like they got a crazy big three, you know what I mean. So, I mean I I kind of figured that we went to the Super Bowl, we was gonna be playing those guys, and it woulda been sweet to play him last year, but you know, we got the opportunity of this year. I'm pretty sure like this su Kyle Chan had probably wanted as well, Like you know what I'm saying, he had his opportunity as a head coach and win the Super Bowl. I'm pretty sure he felt like he had it in his hand and twenty he kind of let it slip through. But you know this to this the rematch, right, Yeah, practice against practice Patrick Mahomes for a long time. Hm, when is his game changed, like from when you first started practice against him? Person out, I feel like the first day I saw him and now I just always knew he was the best player. You know what I'm saying in in in in the football in that in the National Football League, Like I mean, he's huh that hun hell yeah, even back then, I think my first year in Kansas City was his first year being like the starter. And when I got there, the first game he threw like I think like five or six sets downs in LA against the trysar A. Just so that's when I was like, damn, like I never saw nothing like this. It was. It was crazy. Ever since then he been, you know, winning Super Bowls, collecting rings. So just just he the goat man. He wanted the goats behind Tom Brady for sure. That alright. Appreciate Joe