Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: Finally we're here Drink Chances, the fourth Annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. We're gonna be there, No, we's gonna tear it up. You know there's a lot of black people there, so you be black as hell. Hey from twenty fifth Atlanta, Georgia. Please go get your tickets. I'm telling you, go get your tickets. I know how this happened. I've been going there. It's been going there. You've been going there. Go get your tickets. He's going down Drink Chances, fourth Annual Black Effect, Black Black, Black Black Effect dot Com Slash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 3: And we're.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: Exactly what are you gonna be?
Speaker 4: Homing boy?
Speaker 5: And one up is d J e f N.
Speaker 2: This is militipic crazy war Chests, drink Chess, forecast makes.
Speaker 4: Up And if you need a hit, this.
Speaker 1: Is the guy you gotta call to you.
Speaker 2: This man is a hit maker after hip maker at the hip maker and he is he is the guy when you want to go to the guy and say.
Speaker 4: One million percent.
Speaker 2: Ship, I need a help for I need I need I need a I got you.
Speaker 4: This guy, this guy is the one.
Speaker 1: Only and I need to for you.
Speaker 4: In case you don't know what are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Were talking aboubout the one that's yo man, Yo man, Yo listen. I see Richard Milly, I see it. I see it. It's fantastic. It's a big man.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's fantastic.
Speaker 2: But yo, okay, holy moly, you dropping a solo album?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, same difference April third.
Speaker 4: So what made you want to drop a solo album?
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna lie. Been wanted to drop it. It's just like the timing and everything, you know, everything was just happening. It's like we've been in the game like a decade now, but it's like I stayed in the studio. So it's like all these songs just pile up on my hard drive, you know what I'm saying. Even shrim Life one, it just kept us torn, Like we couldn't even stop torn from shrim Life one. But yeah, it's just like it's long overdue, but it's perfect time.
Speaker 2: Because a lot of a lot of it makes me remin this off my own group, right, I'm a part of Component R Yeah.
Speaker 1: The way too.
Speaker 4: And that's but then I look at y'all and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, damn, y'all, doing y'are doing what what what?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What we wanted to do right right and and let me let me, let me let me manifest that that's hard.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all are doing solo acts and then y'all staying together.
Speaker 1: That ship is it's like three of us that ship.
Speaker 4: That ship is like.
Speaker 1: And we talk about it. It's like it's like Jordan Jordan Brand say, well, Mike, yeah, listen, like Jordan Brands, like the Jordan tem and Jordan twelve. It's like different Jordans. You gotta you gotta keep dropping different ones. You know what I'm saying. They are great.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize that you gotta drop the elevens.
Speaker 1: You gotta drop the twelve. You gotta so.
Speaker 2: All right, So let me ask because I'm again, I have more success as a solo artist than I did as a h what's such a call and group? Is that something you worried about? Because because like me, like like like listen, I just celebrated components fiftieth birthday.
Speaker 4: I went to his party. Let's birthday, his party.
Speaker 2: I went and I celebrated it and I was I was so happy.
Speaker 4: But then again.
Speaker 2: I had to also think, like you know, you know, you know I had more success as a solo artist. Is that something that you're worried about? Because me, I wasn't worried about it because my homie.
Speaker 4: Actually had my back, Like he actually had my back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like, yeah, but you have the training wheels too because Poe got locked up when y'all released the first album, So you kind of felt like a solo artist in a sense.
Speaker 5: I feel like you're enough.
Speaker 1: So that's so.
Speaker 4: Is that something you worried about?
Speaker 1: Like with me, I wouldn't. I wouldn't say worried about it, but like it's really like I don't want to miss nothing. Like even when I was doing stuff with Ray Shimmer, like and we got diamond songs. Yeah, that's y'all group together, that's my brother. You know what I'm saying. Black Beatles is diamond. It's crazy, got crazy success. But then it's like even the songs that I did put out because we was making so many songs, always to this day, just making so many songs, so we dropping so many songs, and it's like my features going up as these songs are going up with the group. You know what I'm saying, I'm pushing with the group. Me and Jimmy together every day, shit shouting, share hotel planes, I see him good morning, you know some good night. You know what I'm saying. We all ways together. So it's like, are we doing that these other songs on the side, We're just working, you know, I'm steady working, Like I'm catching plays left and right, like Boom in the Studio, Boom, New York, Studio, La Australia, whatever. So the songs that we're doing other artists, I'm going up too. So it's like, damn, that's just something that the fans made, Like damn they fucking with Sweatly Heavy too. And it's like so it's like damn, Like I don't worry about the success level because like we already had to say, like even Sunflower Unforgettable, it was like, that's solo success, you know, that's sway Lee. You know what I'm saying. It's just me, you know what I'm saying. But I look at it like we're far from finishing, like far from beginning, you know what I'm saying. Like it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Okay. So we had French spontane on here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, French said, look I'm looking at your homie, your homie, everybody.
Speaker 1: A thousand stories. I don't know what you about to say. I said a thousand stories, you know what I'm saying. On Twitter's like French said he didn't make a dollar. See, I don't know nobody CPAs or nothing, but that's a billion stream song plus my bad it might even be too bid. I don't even know how the situation of the contract, you know what I'm saying. But I know I got my percentage on that. I wrote that. I know I got my ship. I feel like everybody got their fair share of the song, you know what I'm saying. And that ship was that ship was going up while Black Beatles was going up, you know what I'm saying. So she was just going up. Like I got my fair shared. The business was done right. And I shot the French on that like he got his hands on the song. You know what I'm saying. He's a big part. It was like, I ain't got no bad blood on that song because but for the record, that's my pen. You know what I'm saying. I don't even know why it's question that's my pin. You can listen to it and hear it's not good enough. You know it's me talking that. I'm talking at talk. You know what I'm saying. Like, I did that shit in my lip in my in my bedroom, at the bottom.
Speaker 3: Of my bed.
Speaker 1: I woke up that day. They black beatles. You know what I'm saying. That was the next song I made. You know what I'm saying. I brought it to Jimmy. Jimmy was focused on the album. I was like, jim get on this song because I felt strongly about that song. I'm like, this is one of the ones. So initially I told Jimmy, hey, bro do a verse on. This is one of the ones. He was locked in. He was knocking down verses for shrim one of the Shrims. Boom, all right, boom. So my neighbor is Molly mal He live across the street from me, with my house is like literally twenty feet from his. So I always go to his studio too. I'm cooking songs. Boom that song I'm playing on that So that song I left over there basically on his heart drives the shit. So somehow somewhere I don't know if it was through Jeremiah or how it came about, but French heard it. You know what I'm saying. He recognized, He recognized what caliber song it was. He like he wanted to put a verse on the boom. Long story story, he put a verse on the boom. I heard the song, I'm like, it's just fire like. It sounds hard, you know what I'm saying. And I fuck with French. I grew up listening to frend You know what I'm saying. Everybody walk a flogger duchi man. You know what I'm saying, a lot of the greats they graced me from Missippi. This is what I'm listening to. So I'm like, French, Montanna Swally is left field. I'm thinking, this is why why am I drop my album album? Going Up a ship Boom. The key thing that made that song go up is two hundred and fifty thousand dollars video they finished shoot to this song while I'm going around the world. You know what I'm saying, I'm in Germany and ship manne can chat first? Yeah, that freezing a champ.
Speaker 4: Your time I was doing, y'all.
Speaker 2: We got to cut into that clip, yeah clip so boom.
Speaker 1: The key component that really like made my brain click t one fifty dollars video in Africa with the kids. You know what I'm saying. I'm part Nigerian too, so I'm like, and I love making afro. That's my that's my natural rhythm. Afrobeas, Yeah, afro all that, like just anything with rhythm, Like I can do that in my sleep. Like, so boom that connected for me. I'm like, boom man, take it to the moon, you know I'm saying. But long story short, Yeah, I wrote that ship and it was just a great collapse. You know what I'm saying. It wasn't It might not have been the fairest way that the song came about. It wasn't the textbook weight that it came about, you know what I'm saying. But you know what I'm saying. But one thing I should have did is changed the artwork. Though see I was moving so fast. If you look at the artwork, my face is on the artwork. So people think listeners, they're not like, oh, this is first they think they might think he's singing that. That's singing that, you know what I'm saying. But that's one thing that's.
Speaker 2: Kind of you know what I'm saying, Crazy ain't gonna lie to crazy. Story that record went that record, win, let's make that.
Speaker 4: Record went do you do all right?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 4: Let's double diamond? All right?
Speaker 1: So they grew up with that.
Speaker 2: His his his was crazy, this is crazy. I had a record that was was in this to me and it was called Jaga Jaga Jaga, but it was originally called that Nigga Noori and oh, I grant it?
Speaker 1: Do you given that? To Frinch? Like, keep it real, keep it real, I ain't gonna say may to start with, he wrote it. No, I think Jeremiah was gonna do a verse on it. Me and Jeremiah was working up. You didn't know what was gonna happen with the records, but I just did it. It was another one of my twenty three hundred songs. I'm just like, I love that record, you know right, And I was gonna come back to him just sitting with it. Actually, I got Wizky and I sent it to wiz Kid first thing on Twitter, So I got the whiz Kid verse too, you know what I'm saying. So wiz Kid did a verse and then all that ship came about. So it was like and.
Speaker 2: Frince heard that ship, he was like, he was, ga, what I'm saying that a smart move. You know what I'm saying, smart move, make some noise first of my Now I'm all person that's a group member. Mm hmmmm h you are venturing out to be a solo artist.
Speaker 4: M hm, that's your ass. And man, this is my son. That's my son.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: He don't come out for no for nobody, he said, so yeah yeah yeah, yeah, you do music too. I think he wants to want I think he wants to and you know what, I'm gonna support him clean.
Speaker 1: But you.
Speaker 5: It's it's hard.
Speaker 2: It's hard being it's hard being a part of a group and then being a solo artist. Like I know, I wont when me and mister no, I know, I know you, like all of these people here, probably won't know. But what made you want to do that? It made you?
Speaker 1: It's just I think it's just it's stuff that's left unsaid, you know what I'm saying. The group we say certain certain stuff, we touched certain topics, and then my solo projects they touching certain topics. You know what I'm saying. It's like I'm just showing people versions of me they never seen before. You know what I'm saying, like I'm bringing them to my mind and shit, and it's like everything that we put out together is like it connected, you know what I'm saying. People growing up with this music, like over a decade of music. Like if you ask like ten people like yo, what's what's you think about Swedey? What do you think about Ray Shimmer? What's your favorite song for now? Like at this point, like they might all say a different song, you know what I'm saying. So it's like they might say a solo sunflower, you know what I'm saying. They might say come get her. You know what I'm saying, Like who knows, Like but I don't know. It's like I've done it before, you know what I'm saying too, Like I stepped out solo tours post my owns like and I love being in a group too, because like if I'm tired, I didn't did all my dances for stay, I'm tired as a motherfucker. Jim gonna come through the full energy, you know what I'm saying, Just do a front flip, turn the up. Well, I'm geting my little chill moments. It's like you always got somebody you can bounce back off of you know what I'm saying, But.
Speaker 2: It's like ahead, good bye.
Speaker 4: I love this.
Speaker 2: I could identify with you so much, bro. Yeah yeah, no, no, no, identify with it because ef M probably knows this. Like the reason why I went solo was because my partner got locked up, right, But the reason why I see you.
Speaker 1: Going, I get you saying, like people move at different paces. You know what I'm saying. That's that's definitely a thing, like people move at different paces, and my pace is just like Bugatti fast, you know what I'm saying. So even while Broad taking his moments do it that he got to do working on his projects, I can still be feed you know what I'm saying, still be connected with people. You know what I'm saying, giving them feast, giving them thanksgivings, you know what I'm saying. And it's like it was a lot of moments when I should have had my project turned in. It's like and I switched gears and I focus on my group because that's that's my main focus. You know what I'm saying, Ray Shimmer, But of course you know what I'm saying, Like it's spilling over to this hey pop up Hey, you're like, you know, swim Jimmy, helofairs too. They pop up Slim Jimmy, like, you know what I'm saying, but sweetly big too. Now we got the biggest song in the world, bigger than Michael Jackson's Sunflower. You know what I'm saying. That's like me just on a Wednesday, pulling up on post alone, just working, you know what I'm saying. So it's like, yeah, we're doing it all. You know what I'm saying. You know, I'm gonna spin back with the greatest his Ray, Shimmer Kids, Bob Rady, Shrimmer and you both deserve it.
Speaker 2: And it's big him up because he's he's also running too.
Speaker 1: Who slim, Oh yeah, yeah, he's locked in. He's locked in.
Speaker 4: He locked in.
Speaker 1: He made one of the crazy songs the other day, Like after he ran the five k, he just came home. He ran a five k and uh brickwell, like hell of people showed up and they just ran like five miles. Then he came home made a song. He's like, bro, it was one of the greatest. So it's one of the greatest songs I heard you making a long time, Like, wow, he's in a different space, like he worked on his project too, So it's really like.
Speaker 4: So yeah, both got so low.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 6: I think it feels natural for you guys. Don't think it feels unnaturally. I've been working separately and doing things at the same time.
Speaker 1: So like on the on Shrimp three, we had a triple disc, you know what I'm saying. He had his solo songs, I have my solo songs, and then we had the group songs. Right, so it's like, yeah, it's something we've been like teasing for a minute, like a big boy andre things exactly, exactly, exactly, let's just call it that exactly.
Speaker 4: They might be the new outcast.
Speaker 2: Let's appreciated our show. We get people up the flowers, thank you. We want to give you your flowers. You want to make sure that you know how important you are to hip hop and Snoops Dog said it's better. Yeah, he said it's better than the Grammy because it comes from our people. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, you can take yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So so we're gonna also play a game with you.
Speaker 1: We got a quick time, quick time. Oh yeah, whatever you've got right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Snoop Dogg said.
Speaker 2: It's better than the Grammy because it comes from our people. And sincerely, silly, sincerely appreciate what you're doing, man, Like what you're doing is fucking amazing. Man, Like I love I love it. I want to. I want to like you know what I mean, like champion, Yeah, I want to champion it.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 2: You know, you knew what I was about to say, to champion it, because you guys are motherfucking legends.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You guys are are continuing to do with with with me and I.
Speaker 4: If I want to continue with hip.
Speaker 1: Hop, that's big, thank you.
Speaker 4: And we want to. We want to. We want to salute that man. You know what I'm saying. We're going to continue to do that man.
Speaker 2: And but you got some fun right now, We're gonna have some fun taking game.
Speaker 6: If you've ever watched and seen the drinking game, it's called quick Time.
Speaker 4: It's slime.
Speaker 6: We're gonna give you two choices. If you pick one of the choices, we don't drink. But if you say both, like you say I picked both, I don't pick at all, then were drinking. Okay, So basically you don't want to answer it, but really about breaking up and yeah, you're not trying to start no ship. It's just like you know some stories anybody here or anything like that. There's no criteria, like if we tell you somebody, it could be they could just be your homie, or they could be they made trust.
Speaker 2: Me, son came out. My son doesn't come out for nobody. When he was like you got, you got, I'm coming out right there, he like he's like, no, I'm coming.
Speaker 1: Out all right.
Speaker 5: First one Gucci Man or French.
Speaker 1: You choose one like that.
Speaker 6: If you choose, won't we don't drink.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we don't take a shot.
Speaker 1: I gotta go both because I listened to gusher Man. That's that's what turned up on the trap ship like one of the main people. And then boom French Ship. We didn't We got the biggest on one of the biggest songs in the world.
Speaker 4: So we're taking the shot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're taking the shot.
Speaker 1: Cheers they got the sockey cubs.
Speaker 5: Yeah. What's your earliest stories with Gucci anything?
Speaker 1: Man? I was one of the first. One of the first times I went to Atlanta, I got damn went to Memphis, right Mississippi, Cali's and ingle in l A.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 1: You spent a lot of time in Mississippi growing up, and then boom trying to get to Atlanta. So boom, i'mt God, damn, I'm at the mall. I'm walking in that bit that yeah, I just seen. I'm like, know what the funk I'm walking down I'm about to spend like thirteen dollars. I really got even I'm broken the more fu at this time to spend thirteen dollars Guti, Man, what the fuckings walking in the mall like cumbling a boom like ship this ship lick like damn. But then boom, Yeah, I was like bright shit real.
Speaker 5: So you've seen him there later.
Speaker 1: On Hell yeah, then we got Black Beatles.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It's crazy full makes her look I got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boom he was on Black Beatles. That's the first time he did. When he came out of jail.
Speaker 5: Did you tell him the story about seeing him in the mall?
Speaker 1: Hell no, me crazy Mike Will metro booming, I'm ready to take a chot. Know, we got to go both on. Mike Will made it the fucking go basement days metro Booming. We've been rocking for a minute too, Like you know what I'm saying, Like I love how you give. Mike Will love like one of my one of my real big brothers, Like yeah, I love how y'all giving. I always you know what I'm saying, shake with Mike Will. For sure, that's my brother. We just have Mike Will on the show too. Yeah, I've seen that to.
Speaker 5: Just took mine.
Speaker 1: Mike Will made it. Michael Jackson definitely dropping tape this year too.
Speaker 4: You and Mike Will by.
Speaker 1: Yourself, Will hold Mike Will.
Speaker 4: He did not mention that he did.
Speaker 1: He did. We definitely did.
Speaker 5: He was drunk by the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, we were.
Speaker 5: Definitely. Look so wait, when's that dropping?
Speaker 1: We got to finish it, Like we got like so many songs, like we could just round up hell of songs and this, but.
Speaker 5: It's definitely something that's dropping. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now that we're just giving ship back out there just feeling them. It's like, man, I look at it like so your solo, oh Trump, I look at like one with me and just Mike. Well, because the way I'm looking at it, bro like this nigga Prince, he dropped like thirty albums, like bro thirty albums, you know, saying we got like five right now. It's like damn yeah, like and that's like, that's the rate we gotta be going.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a good attitude for.
Speaker 1: I. Oh yes, I said ship as an artist, I'm like yeah, yeah, noah, yeah, yes, for real, for real compilation.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, this is crazy. My bad, my bad, guys.
Speaker 1: Yes, I want everything.
Speaker 5: Let us the next one, which is Michael Jackson or Prince. Oh, this is take your time.
Speaker 1: No, that's an easy one. I funk with Michael Jackson the Heart the long way, like along a strong way. But I'm a prince like tech nigga. Me and Prince got the same birthday too. But as a matter of fact, and I just said something about Prince that's crazy. Yeah, but like June seven, me and Prince got the same birthday. That's so boom. I gotta go Prince man. And they got down on the motorcycle and ship that ship all right, So he's not taking a shot, okay, oh yeah the one. Oh yeah, we're safe on this on Yeah, we say.
Speaker 5: God, Travis Scott the future, damn.
Speaker 1: Got I gotta go both. Yeah, shot the clock.
Speaker 4: Show, shot a clock.
Speaker 1: I don't got no more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, no, I want don't worry.
Speaker 1: Oh ship believing it dunk?
Speaker 3: Who was that?
Speaker 4: It was Michael Jacks? Who was it?
Speaker 5: Or Prince? Oh no, no what Travis Scott?
Speaker 4: The future was the Scott future?
Speaker 1: Okay? Any stories when with Travis or future Ship? Hell yeah, locked in both of and we locked in. We got too much, too much heat, you know what I'm saying. For real, did a lot of stuff. Shout out trave real Razor been doing it, Like who did you have.
Speaker 5: The craziest show with that You've been on stage with? Out of them too?
Speaker 1: Probably Travis Scott, because yeah, his is crazy.
Speaker 3: For real, I was.
Speaker 1: I was just a future of them in Japan though, Like, we changed the culture in Japan.
Speaker 3: How was that? Man?
Speaker 1: These months they brought Sexy read Us Future Bass Swag to Japan and brought Magic City to Japan. I saw that ship. Yeah City to Japan. Yeah, I saw that. Oh I felt the culture shift just being there. I'm like, man, they changed the whole culture. Like it felt like they felt like we were in Miami or something like, Oh that was crazy.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no Miami.
Speaker 1: They brung Atlanta, Atlanta, Atlanta. It was like the energy was like Miami, but it was Atlanta. Filling with the energy was on Atlanta on Miami time. So just like no rules, just like super wild ship. Are you having these girls twerking like the you like they don't feel like you've heard it all. It's like.
Speaker 5: They really respect and absorb the cultures.
Speaker 1: They knew every word, screaming the words, all future songs, all sexy red songs, stand on furniture like crazy, Wait, what's.
Speaker 3: The question you answer?
Speaker 5: I'll just ask you any stories.
Speaker 1: With Travis Scott Boom, that's my dog, Like are like our energyes like to words collide like so like I had to get my t done, like fucking one of his shows, like so Boom he was in Miami. He brought me out to the show Boom. I'm jumping on the stage. I had my big chain on this. This is like my ship flipped too. I had a big as Q and all with mysil on it and it's like it's sharp on the end on the l jumping on the stage. He brought me I did want something Boom chain slipped up hit my tooth, Boom ship, my ship Boom. It was a gift in the curse though, So I'm walking around boom and finished the show Boom, I go back. I'm like, damn, got the whole country looking at splitt in my tooth ship look country like, so I had to get my teeth done and ship. But it was like, bro, the Travis got crazy every time I'm.
Speaker 4: Taking a shot.
Speaker 1: For that, I'm sorry, Damn, I got just let him do his.
Speaker 5: Extra shot clipper shots over.
Speaker 3: I loove.
Speaker 1: Movie Some Flower unforgettable. It's like one of the hardest questions ever in life. Like I don't even know myself because I.
Speaker 3: Like your baby.
Speaker 1: Damn, bro, my bad. I'm going straight to the club. Yeah, yeah, forgive me in advance when I started schweeking no no, no, no, you yeah doing that? I like how that little like medium small shot stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because we know we won't take a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know this is going well.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Oh Kodak or twenty one Savage.
Speaker 1: Damn. Like, personally, it's whatever, Damn that rock with you said Drake. They could do a home I like to use a lifeline.
Speaker 4: You get life fly, solid solid.
Speaker 1: Gang taking shots for this? Who he take.
Speaker 4: I'm like, he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Camera is gonna come out crooked. As the U go ahead outcast, U.
Speaker 8: G k.
Speaker 1: Me personally outcare outcast for shure We're safe, We save gentlemen. That motherfuckery niggas look sounds like the cover song for that, and do the remix hold on that. It would be crazy. It would be great with that clearance would be even crazier.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe you do with them.
Speaker 5: It might be well the labels the label and.
Speaker 1: You gotta track the niggas down, like okay, car the track. Now. I did see Andre one time s LS wait wait wait wait playing the.
Speaker 2: Hold on summer Bro, you see Andre three thousand, say less bro sixty less, sixty less no, say less yeah stop.
Speaker 1: He was cool as a motherfucker. I ain't gonna like he took the picture of me and everything, but he's cool, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think he had a flue too. I ain't gonna think he had a flute.
Speaker 4: He had a flute.
Speaker 1: I think he had the flu.
Speaker 5: Is crazy.
Speaker 1: Comte clearly what kind of I'm sorry?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 1: All right? Ship this ship, this ship, this ship happened. Okay, So he was in say less sixty less, yeah, sixty less. It's like it's like some condos like New York. Tell it's fine, and then what happened?
Speaker 4: You saw him?
Speaker 1: I gave my number ship and then we took a picture and shot I put on my Grammar ship and nothing came from it, though he cool even cross crossing paths. Its like that's the introduction, like something could still come from it in the future.
Speaker 5: You know that would be crazy.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: I want to say this one thing, you realize how legendary you are.
Speaker 1: I realized I.
Speaker 2: Look that serious, and I'll be looking at this song and just hearing people like it's like, do you realize how legendary you are?
Speaker 1: I appreciate that, but I'll be seeing it. But I'm like, man, I still got like so much more ship to do. Like it's just like, damn, I just know what I gotta put that, like I know, like I just like I'm more to do, like more more ship to do. But we're in a good space right now for sure. And it's crazy like even like how the man can challenge like twenty sixteen and all that ship just came back. It's like the fans they steady reminding you, like damn, nigga, we're rocking with you, Like so yeah, my nigga, I'm going I'm gonna appreciate that you. You laid the break bro like like you you Yeah you really, your whole era is like the reason I'm even here. So yeah, back to you. You know what I'm saying, forever you and your brother. Oh yeah, I love y'all. I love y'all man, And that means I appreciate it for.
Speaker 4: That ship is that ship is real? Like so solo, I'm gonna, I'm gonna give.
Speaker 1: It to you. I might be staying on tables.
Speaker 5: I take another one.
Speaker 1: I take another one solo. It's a little medium shot.
Speaker 7: I got you, all right, Let's keep it going. Let's keep it going post Malone or aside Rockey. I'm gonna with both of them soon. That shot count is this question.
Speaker 5: I'll take my shot.
Speaker 1: You want to You gotta credit, you gotta credit, You gotta shot credit. Guess like that you gotta shot credit. But yeah, like a side rocking in the coolest fo we had a session we had God damn we made like two crazy songs never came out the fuck typical artist ship. You know what I'm saying. You make that ship just for you to sit on a hard drive somewhere so but me and post Alone like that's my brother, like he said, the hardest fuck legendary. But my brother is too cool that nigga. Me and post Alone like we went on a couple of tours like b it's like a genuine like good person, like cool last nigga just a thousand percent himself. Any room he walked into like funck with bro Like that's my brother, like shout out my alon. Oh yeah, for sure, all right, reached the kid or the baby both hardest fuck I gotta rock and Rich the kid man we dropping the song on Friday. That's my brother. Don't even call you said you dropping on Friday? Yeah, Me and Rich dropping a song on Friday. By the time it comes out of out, it's out. What's the name of the rads it's called don't even call, don't even call. It's one of them. It's crazy. Don't even.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 1: In the morning.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, play that.
Speaker 5: We got to hear it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we gotta play. Wait, just let him get in the bluetooth real quick.
Speaker 5: All right, all right, well yell, let's know me already.
Speaker 1: Get a little I'm gonna get a little back. I'm gonna come right back, t I R two chains to be continued to take a piss right quick. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, I funk with both. See I had that. You can get whatever you like, but me, I fuck with two changes crazy that that's that's my dog. Niggas legend true.
Speaker 5: So two change on that one. Three six Mafia or eight ball.
Speaker 4: And m j G.
Speaker 1: Damn personally three six manfia them niggas. I grew up miss SIPI so like them niggas like right next door for me, like like menph ship like that ship mind yeah, all that ship just like legendary three six months for sure, shout ju ju j like and my uncle at this point like power Glad. Yeah we got power Glad like we did power Glad. That niggas he did that ship like one day, sitting it back the next day like that's my dog.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 6: How do you feel is that interaction when you're working with veteran artists like.
Speaker 4: That, like.
Speaker 1: Like they just be cool people, so it be smooth ship like I ain't like to be smooshit. And it's like the nigga come come, like I only see him like two days, like we like two days and be gone like nigga in and out.
Speaker 6: Do you ever feel like there's a difference between working with your peers like generationally or newer artists or veterans, Like, is anyone easier or more difficult to work with?
Speaker 1: The veterans is kind of easier to work the new age niggas they be they be shy or something like it s be shy or like mysterious. I don't know what it be like. Sometimes they be mysterious hell like god damn. Like, yeah, I don't know. I probably say La or Miami, mm m Ship we're here like Miami, Miami. Actually it's better. It's tax free l A. I used to live like three years ago. And Ship she was a VI like but Corona like kind of slow that ship down and ship.
Speaker 5: The fact you said, text told me where your mind's at already?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure. We're watching the.
Speaker 5: Ships performing the record or recording the record.
Speaker 1: Wait, we're still doing it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were almost done. We're about five away.
Speaker 1: No, I can't hang.
Speaker 5: You guys. Let's let's let's seep it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Ship, don't even call feature and risk the kid man this nigga. Same difference. Drinks chance part to extended version.
Speaker 5: That that was dope.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: So we're dropping that Friday for real dope. We almost double quick time, guys, All right, let's go be is long time. It's too lit. DMX and Tupac, Damn is it Monica?
Speaker 2: Like damn.
Speaker 1: Damn that nigga is fired. Fuck with Tupac like he kind of like like the idea of Tupac, Like I love think he did, Like damn fuck, I gotta go Tupac like a little more. But like I funk with DMX like hard body like that nigga was different and he was smart. Yeah know what I'm saying, but Supac recipes of both I had a lot of influence, you know what I'm saying, cut throat like energy like for sure.
Speaker 6: All right, Scarface or ice Cube, I'm noise, no bron.
Speaker 1: Scarface, ice Cube boom for me personally, I gotta rock with ice Cube like just his whole legacy and he's still doing it to this day. You know what I'm saying. Movies, this nigga, This nigga was in Friday after next Friday, like that ship was fire, Like I gotta go ice Cube and I'm glad we're safe damn. We say we gotta use that move forward, and we say you gotta hit the umpire say I'm telling you whisky is whist kid or the Veto ship. Bro, you know what to do. You're your last one over there. I keep pouring out. I've been pouring this old times have been pouring you. So I just looked up and it was five there, like I don't even know. I didn't even see her company being shot, Diana. She's dropping them things off.
Speaker 5: A Walker Flocker or Luda.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: They get harder and harder, the question just get harder and harder. I gotta go walk a f I love Luther Crystal like with the big fist.
Speaker 5: It was crazy.
Speaker 1: We in the red light this straight that ship is crazy. But the nigga Walker Flocker like where I'm from.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 1: I go harder and the motherfucking paint nigga and I know like he's still to this day that like even Lui Loud still to this day too. But I ran to walk a few times. That's the coolest fuck, like stand up, real, stand up, you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, I gotta go to Walker Walker little baby. Yeah, and me and me and me and Luda did Fear Factor though you did the new the new one, the new the new Factor bro in Factor Bro. We did some crazy ship bro. I had my I had my head in a fish tank like fishing out apples or some ship with like electric eels or something. He was the host and he was just thought he was doing it with you. No, he stayed in the clear. I was jumping out of helicopters and ship a type of ship like I think we want. I can't remember, but we got to double check that. Shout out loud. I love Luda and him and Mike Will just dropped the crazy song. That's like a legend man, Him and Luda and Ted just dropped the song that's like in my play is my favorite song right now for sure?
Speaker 5: Little Baby or young Thug.
Speaker 1: I funk with funk with Baby Baby hardest fuck but young damn fuck ship. You know what to do, you know what to do, And I love thug Thug like way a decade ago. Wait, it's gonna be a long speech. Don't even with you give your speech already.
Speaker 3: You don't give your speech.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try to keep my words right after that shot like thug like a decade ago. Me and Thug got a decade in the game, like together, like this nigga. Like when I first moved to Atlanta, was like I was hearing a lot of thug and like he blessed me with throw some O verse, like I pulled up on Thug. We was recording the same studio. It was a drama studio at the time, Drama. This nigga. Thug came in fifteen minutes he did the verse on throw Some More. Wow Bro. This nigga walked in the booth, Come in home, missle Toe. I got birdies, crows, liberty be want to jump on the dick. I'm like, who eat it? I'm like this snig. Then nigga did this verse and I kid you not twenty nine minutes, maybe even less than that. He did that verse for Nicki min I Me Riy Shimmer Nicki and I thought some. He did that verse in like twenty minutes. He came out the booth, kicked his feet up. This thinks a legend. I'm like, yo. Then he did off short from you like we that's that's one of the hardest to ever do music Like Doug like shout for Sure, you gotta like literally stand innovation for that guy. He's like, to this day, one of the hardest for sure. All right, we're almost done. Two more, No, I can go all day. I ain't gonna Ken Drake or Drake. Come on, bro, that's great. That's a that's a like we got to take a shot like a man.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 1: We gotta take a shot so much I can't even give it between it because like for me, like they're both greats. Like you know what I'm saying, Like Kendrick's lyrical ability is crazy phenomenal. Man, like this nigga really just step in the booth and do that shit. Snigger. Drake got six thousand, five hundred and forty five hits, you know what I'm saying, Like real hits. You can jump in your car and like turn on it vibe or two. So I gotta go. Yeah, I gotta get a little drunker.
Speaker 4: Yeah on that one.
Speaker 1: The show. Both greats, you know what I'm saying. Titans, real titans for sure.
Speaker 5: I know the last one you got this Chico.
Speaker 1: Loyalty or respect? Loyalty or respect? I feel like respect because to be loyal, you gotta respect somebody You're not going to be loyal to somebody you don't respect, so both of them go hand in so we picked Yeah, so we safe. Okay, Yeah, so.
Speaker 6: So now we got to get into the new album. Let's talk about this joint. I know that this you know, I saw the features was crazy on that crazy crazy. So when did you start working on this album?
Speaker 1: Basically this album I'll be working on you can say, my whole career because some of the songs are like they go back like but you like handbreakers from exactly right, some of my early cook ups, and I sprinkled them in there along with some new ship and then some I mixed it all in there.
Speaker 5: So why'd you think now was the right time to put out this project?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: It's just the time that I was able to sit down and just give them just like swallly like personal just to me, because like we gave them all the Race Shimmer songs up till now, and it's just like I was just like, damn, my career is so unique, Like I don't think there's ever been an artist that like have billion stream songs, the biggest in the world, and no solo album, you know what I'm saying, right, Yeah, So my career right now, it's like it's crazy, I'm just connecting the dots and now it's just like all the singles just grew with the people, and all the songs just grew with the people, and it's just like now I'm just really like showing what I really do, you know what I'm saying. So I sat down and you know what I'm saying. I mixed the songs, master them volume one. You know what I'm saying, Like it's just a whole new chapter. But it's like now I was just able to.
Speaker 5: Let all the.
Speaker 1: Songs just live with people, let them understand like somewhat what I do. And then like now it's just like I'm gonna show y'all, like what I really do.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Like you produced on the record?
Speaker 1: Like I did do some production on this on this new album yet No, not not everything, but maybe, like I say, like four songs I did personal production on, but I funck with like my circuit is like some of the greatest producers in the world.
Speaker 5: Who are some of the like standout producers on here?
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I got Lennon on the track on some R and b ship, like I got London on the track, and that's my bro. We ain't going back and forth for a long time, like trying to get just the right song right. So we got down my album. So it's like I don't mean with bro, like years of my years, just like cooking up right. So we got the song me and London on track. Then we got like just all my little homies like I'll be cooking with ear drummers. Of course, of course the Metro helped me on the album.
Speaker 5: Should I say, you got Diplo on here?
Speaker 1: I do got dip?
Speaker 5: What's that about?
Speaker 1: Diplo? Me and him got one of the biggest songs in the world with Illi, Golden Yello and Dipload. He grew up in two below too, so we grew up in the same city.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: So he used to be playing basketball on the same on the north side, right, which is one of the roughest cities in Mississippi. So he in the hood. He hooping on his court in Mississippi, like white boy, like cool ass white boy, like he in the hood, like one of the only white boys on his court, like hooping and hooping without the niggas, Like bro, that Nigga's a legend like me and Dipplo. We got we got two blow game. We call it too blow game. He's out of this world out here, so he from the same He grew up in the same city I grew up in.
Speaker 6: That's nuts, and he came up out here too broward, I believe, or I wouldn't be surprised come up.
Speaker 1: In the hood like everybody loved Diplo, like yeah after he did. But that's crazy, man, I wouldn't even be surprised, Like he's good in every hood like my features I got on the album I Got, I got nov Now went crazy on the album melody, fucking legend like that, Nigga, I love now, I got naw I got Jane Coup She actually she's on this album, this album crazy crack. I just said, Teva. It's just like, you know what I'm saying, We got to keep this going like me and Jane, we got to make a whole album, you know what I'm saying, Like nuts, me and album. Can you like imagine that ship like she got the album do it like on some opera ship. She got the angelic voice, like she's an icon of me, Like Jane post alone. I got, Damn, I said, freshman son, who I'm missing? I missing? Oh yeah Friday, so boom, yeah, it's stacked up. It's stacked up.
Speaker 6: Where do you think you think Mississippi or Atlanta gave you more of your style?
Speaker 1: Just really life in general, because like me, like I lived a lot of places, Like I lived in Maryland, even Maryland like my mom was. My mom was in a military, was moving around. I had to make friends and move you know what I'm saying, that's the lifestyle. So Maryland, Texas. I lived in Texas. I lived in Mississippi, Mississippi like my main I lived there like a lot of my time, you know what I'm saying, like sixty years, seven years. Ship. So that's why I really started understanding like the direction I need to start moving in, like damn, understanding life Like.
Speaker 6: But at what age did you start thinking about music as like future she eleven for real? In Mississippi. I was in Texas actually Texas. You know what song was going crazy though, Like Slim Jimmy, he was already like poetic with the ship, so he was rapping and ship and then still tipping. Mike Mike Mike Jones Jones.
Speaker 1: I said, Mike, Mike Jones, that one fucking still tipping, And it was like that ship was like Nigga. That ship like nigga. I was making beasts so like in texts like this nigga name King James. Yeah, I had I had Freey Loose too, nigga had the early Fredy Loose like two making beats. My beast was ass nigga, Like my beasts was trash, the most trash beat you can imagine. Like that was for you, for you to write mom for me like I was learning the software, just like sitting down with computers, fat back ass computers. So yeah, and then I just started learning how to produce. And Jimmy was rapping. You know what I'm saying. And is it in Texas though, No Texas your army based ship ship shot slim Jimmy.
Speaker 5: Oh, so you guys are never gonna separate as a group.
Speaker 1: Hell no, we're doing like the Backstreet Boys. You're not the Backstreet Boys. Every two years they got to tour like in sync. Yeah, every tweet justin tim relate. Every couple of years they reunite.
Speaker 5: Yeah, blood is different than that, because you guys.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying, like this ship never ending, like right right right, We're gonna be like we're gonna be like Elton John, like you know, Elton John still performed like Nigga, Like I'm have great dress, Nigga still doing this ship.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm still here and I got white as. You're good, you inspired now.
Speaker 3: You're good.
Speaker 1: I know I'm good.
Speaker 8: You inspire me, you double you good, gray on me o God, So you guys passed all?
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't want to pass this project because this project is obviously a big situation. The difference have you guys been already, Like do you have a trajectory like your solo?
Speaker 5: His solo?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: The group.
Speaker 1: The way I see And I don't want to spoil shit. I don't like to spoil surprise. Like if I see the movie and I'm chilling with it somebody and they ain't seen the movie, I ain't gonna spoil the surprise. But definitely I'm gonna crank it up and Slim might come next, group might come next, like whatever it feels best type shit.
Speaker 6: And one thing is your style right is to me is very unique you specifically I appreciate it. Was there anything any artist, anybody that you said that you took something from that that made you, because you know, everybody's inspired by something.
Speaker 1: Nah, for real, Like I might have like subconsciously, like I used to ride the bus and listen to law Wayne. You know what I'm saying. That's why, Like it was a big topic the other day, like about Lou Wayne, Like man, I was like I was about to chime in, but I ain't really like I ain't really want to just be too loud. But I used to ride the bus and listen tol Wayne and shit like three pet you know what I'm saying. But I don't know. I probably like picked up a lot of stuff subconsciously, like because my mom used to play like Hella's songs around the house and we ain't have Apple Music and shit, so it's like I don't even know how to get these songs, Like I don't know how she's playing these shit, you know what I'm saying, Like, but I'm taking them in. I'm listening like damn, you know what I'm saying. But shit, I don't really I think this shit is like it's just some new shit. It's just some like whole other shit right, Like but it comes subconsciously from all that ship I just took in growing up, sitting in my fucking boxes, like watching BT like, you know what I'm saying, I don't really I don't know where this should come from, come from, come from God, ship, I'm saying, I don't know. We're gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 5: Thanks for coming you, man.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Appreciates all for real.
Speaker 5: We're looking forward to the new album.
Speaker 1: Man, Thank you, thank you, same difference, man, appreciate you. Our drink champce man with the Champions and ship. Hold on, hold on, We're gonna do the first ever man Like, let's do what we're doing. Whatever shots you gotta left, you gotta finish them ships. Let's go now.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna finish this drink and we're gonna take this shot, right.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take two Champs on guys, all right, So I got.
Speaker 3: The hell?
Speaker 5: Oh and I think my drink.
Speaker 1: Same differ. Third No April Foods.
Speaker 6: Drink Champs is a drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O.
Speaker 5: R E and DJ e FN. Listen to Drink.
Speaker 6: Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs, hosted by Yours Truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real Noriae Goon, ig at noriag on Twitter, mineus at.
Speaker 5: Who's Crazy on ig at dj E f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest
Speaker 6: Releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com