Speaker 1: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: It's one of our most favorite days of the year. This year, we've been lucky, haven't we.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, a couple of days of the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this year is really nice day. We have Kaitlyn Brisso on the show, as promised, the star one of the stars of the latest episode of The Golden Bachelorette. Hello Kaitlyn.
Speaker 4: Hi, guys. Oh my gosh, I love seeing your faces.
Speaker 3: We love having you here.
Speaker 2: Can we create a headline today?
Speaker 4: We probably will. I'm sure it'll happen. You guys are good at that. You guys are good at that.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Well, you might be the queen of it. I don't want to be the queen. Might be good.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, Caitlin, we first want to talk about you being part of this absolutely hilarious, so entertaining Chippendale's.
Speaker 3: Date that you're part of. Do you why do you think they call you for a date like this?
Speaker 4: Oh lord, we all know. I'm pigeonholed as the Big six ueal Bachelorette. It's so funny because I actually was asked to do the previous one, so they asked me to be the on the date before the one for the Talent Show because I was on Gary's Talent Show. So they're like, oh, do you want to come back for the Talent Show. It's like yeah, great, and then the dates didn't work out, and then they're like, wait a second, you have to be part of the Chippendales. And I was like, oh, here we go. And then but then they were like, we're actually doing it for a cause and raising money for cancer, and I was like, I'm in. I'm so in.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's it's nice that they did that, because if not, this date could have just been like a weird misplacement. I was thinking about this when I watched it. You were such a star as the Bachelorette. You've done so many things post show that have increased your stardom. But there is a period of time where like you and the show did not necessarily get along.
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: When did that like heal up or has it ever healed up? Has it ever been confronted like is there a conversation that takes place what's happened?
Speaker 4: No? I think I think it's just one of those things where time like goes on and I think I mean if you this is this always ages us. But like if you think about how long ago it was that my season was on, I don't think they understood like the any press is good press kind of mentality, and I think they like wanted me to be roped in into this box of trying to make me somebody I wasn't, and I think they're just like, you know what, let her go and like bring her back. People are clearly still talking about her, so like, let's bring her back. And I think it just was kind of one of those things where everyone just moved on from shit weird shit coming out of my mouth. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, let's talk about these guys striping.
Speaker 4: Honestly, it was incredible.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Jonathan was absolutely ridiculous. Jonathan has on this before. I don't care what he says.
Speaker 4: He has done this before, whether it be in another lifetime or in.
Speaker 3: The privacy of his bedroom.
Speaker 4: But it was bedroom and this is like I know Keith's long dream to be a Chippendale, but like that he knew what he was doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was wild.
Speaker 4: It was wild.
Speaker 2: It is I need a little bit before we dive into these guys, because I do think it's fun to talk about I'm dancing, Like, what's this set up here? It just felt like they kind of all like leaned into it right away and said, all right, let's get a costume on, let's dance.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I think it was the shift in the room was when we said that it was going to be for a bigger cause. Because you see so many episodes of Bachelor and Bachelorette making, you know, guys strip or girls, you know, like the fighting dates and like certain things that it's just like, there, oh, why are we still doing this? Were this one? It was kind of like everybody surrendered to it when they realized that it was for a cause that is near and dear to Jones heart, and how she'd just opened up, you know, to them and really showed emotions, and I think they were like, let's have fun with this.
Speaker 5: Did you talk to any of the guys off of the stage, Yeah, oh, all of them.
Speaker 4: I'm obsessed. I'm obsessed with Gary. Gary is like the nicest, full of life, funny like Gary as.
Speaker 2: You like to call God him as Goldie.
Speaker 4: He's I love him, I love him. But yeah, they I talked to a few of them off off camera and they're just I mean, every single one of them. I'm like the fine news man, like, yeah, they're great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how is Charles?
Speaker 4: Charles was everything that you would ever expect him to be and more I am. I just did a podcast and we went through like, piece by piece of this episode. I cried five times in the podcast, mostly talking about Charles, just because I'm with him.
Speaker 2: I want to hear your guys thought there, because I was thinking about this last night, and my wife loves Charles, yeah, and makes she like she just like feels something different for him than she has, like for any other guy on the season, Like she just like has a place in her heart for him. I can tell. So what do we do with the Charles of the world on this show? Now? I mean, and I don't want the easy answer to be, Oh, Paradise, it's gonna be great. I don't know if that works for him.
Speaker 4: So no, no, no, I need, like.
Speaker 2: Your guys expertise and creativeness. What do we do with the Charles of the world. There are gyms for the show that are good for the show, that are real humans who most people can relate with, but don't fit the mold of reality television.
Speaker 4: We protect him and we put him in I don't know in all of our interviews, like I just I want good things for him. Well, I want good things for all of them. To be honest with you, there's not one of them that I don't like. But Charles just is one of those guys you know, you know the saying of like protect that at all costs, that's literally Charles. I don't want to do much with him. I want to punt.
Speaker 3: I think there's many people who deserve him.
Speaker 4: No, no, oh, that's a good. Wait, maybe we find somebody who we think Maybe we do like.
Speaker 5: A matchmaking show, so it's not like he has a big group, but like everybody has, like find somebody that is just so amazing, like go on dates and it's less of like.
Speaker 3: A selection process. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that's what we do. We just we find him, put him on TV the love that he deserves. Charles for Bachelor, I just want to watch him. I know, I know, I was very blessed to be in his presence for that for that date. I was I looked. I remember looking at Joan and being like, I'm I love Charles. She goes the world's gonna love Charles.
Speaker 3: Okay, what about Mark?
Speaker 5: Must talk about Mark, who talked about Bachelor contenders called a dilf.
Speaker 4: I can't believe. I can't, Yes, I can, I can.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I mean, I mean, that's that's a hard like, you know, because when you really break down the words of what a dilf means, you're like, oh, wow, that's that's that's a statement.
Speaker 2: No, Caitlin just said you want to mess around. It's not like she shouldn't go all the way. She said, you like around.
Speaker 4: School around him, and I meant like on a golf course, like maybe on the pickleball court, like just fool around like a dad I'd like to pool around with.
Speaker 5: Like a fifty nine year old that, like you don't feel weird about imagining well romantic.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing I was saying it for Joan. I wasn't saying he's a dad I'd like to fool around with. I was saying he's a dilf in the sense of like that sometimes I do forget what that what that means. But I was like for Joan, and then I was so glad that they showed me to be like, don't air that like don't show me saying that.
Speaker 2: It was a good moment. Yeah, thanks for the clarity. So you're saying it for Joan, let's just be clear. You're speaking.
Speaker 4: My god, Yes, I see him as like a precious dad figure who like is so sweet and like obviously very handsome. But I was saying for Joan he is a dilf.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So do we think he could be the future Golden Bachelor? Do you think that's where they want him to be?
Speaker 4: Ooh, good question. I could see it. I feel like he's just like his demeanor and uh, just the way he carries himself is so. I feel like he's pure. I feel like he's a good dad. I feel like he's handsome. He's got all of the qualities to make a great Golden Bachelor.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Would I ask you the other day, Ashley that you got mad at me for asking you?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: He asked if Mark made me tingly and exactly Caitlin and then are I was like, are you asking if he turns me on? And like he was like no, does he like give you warm and fuzzies? And we're like, ben tingly does not mean that I learned.
Speaker 2: Something that day?
Speaker 4: Tell me you don't have a vagina without tell me you don't have a vagina. The tingles are a real thing, and no, that is not happening in the heart. Those are called like Warman fuzzies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Warman fuzzies. Yeah, I've changed my.
Speaker 4: No. I wouldn't like that either. That's that's why I felt so uncomfortable that they aired me saying that he was a dilp, because I was like, obviously, I'm not talking about for me. I don't think he's a dilp. I think he's a delt for Joan, classic classic.
Speaker 2: Who else? Who else was on the State that stood out well? Scal Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Oh chalk, yes, chalk was so I was trying to think because I don't like spoilers ever, no matter what, I don't like spoilers. So I was trying to watch. I told Joan, don't tell me anything. Don't tell me who like your number one is or your like number top three. I don't want to know. I want to watch your interactions with them, and I want to see how they interact with you, and like, just watch them in general. And I pascal to me, they've definitely vibed. And I saw some major chemistry until the end of the episode. Watching it back, I was like, oh, but in that moment, I saw chemistry from them, and then Chalk was like the most undeniable chemistry, which clearly plays through on the show as well.
Speaker 5: The Pascal thing is interesting because at the Rose ceremony later in the episode Cocktail Party, Yeah, she seemed like annoyed that he wasn't giving her more attention or like wasn't being as a not you know, like a yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. He called it aggressive. He said he didn't want to be aggressive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and like you could tell that she wants his attention, and that's a sign for us ladies, you know that she might be there for a while.
Speaker 4: I but I didn't. I didn't like that moment from him. But I liked that moment from her because I felt like she wasn't being like oh my god, what she was like, well, this is how you know, she kind of stood up for herself in that moment, and he was kind of like hinting, give me more time, and she's like, you're on.
Speaker 3: You, Vachel to come and get me. Yeah, yeah, which I appreciate that as well.
Speaker 4: You're right, yeah, I get it. He's funny. He's a bougie guy. He's he's just a straight up bougie Frenchman. I love it, but I know it's tricky to work with.
Speaker 3: On the show Shock, we you know, always more ripped than I expected.
Speaker 2: Can I say that he took a shirt?
Speaker 4: I was like, all right, honestly, and can we like give it up for seeing different body types on the show for once?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all looking really good.
Speaker 4: They honestly all owned the the you know, ripping off the shirt and being who they were. I just I just loved watching all of it because you could just tell these men like benefited from vulnerability. Like they were like, we've all bonded, We've all like gone through some hard shit in life. We've all like talked about our feelings every day. Now we're gonna dance and we're gonna do some research and raise money for cancer. Like they were just it felt like they were revived and getting like I don't know, like past you know, midlife crisis. They're like on the other end of that where they're just like we still have time, like we're good. And I loved watching it. I just this whole show just makes me feel so much joy.
Speaker 3: How did they raise the money. Was it ticket sales?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay that's what I thought, because I was like I would pay good money to be at that date.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it was so much fun. Ben It did not make me tingling.
Speaker 4: But I love like the guys being like, you know, just getting giving the crowd some butt things and they're like so innocent, but then they're like between her legs.
Speaker 3: I know, I know they can.
Speaker 5: We were saying in our other recap episode that like these guys can get away with so much more than the younger guys can.
Speaker 4: And it's just so sweet to watch so them, Like I just feel like I'm on such a journey watch them because the show, the show with the high highs and the low lows of what these people have gone through and what they are still going through and experiencing this like raw emotion without cheesy music in the background, and hearing Chalk just like cry and going through his loss in that moment with him, Like, the show just cracks me open, wide open, Yo.
Speaker 3: You're so right. They don't got the music behind them.
Speaker 5: We get as soon as we do something like Villainous and then they're just like we're just living life with how are you guys putting any sort of vibes in our head.
Speaker 4: It feels real.
Speaker 2: Now this is jumping ahead and not a really even a reasonable conversation to have. But we saw it with even Gary season, the women that came off that season, the joy that they have now, the friendships they built, the fun that they have. Caitlyn, you've been able to be around him, obviously, Ashley and myself have been able to be around them. They're just a ton of fun and they're still living a very exciting like life after show. Yeah, we're seeing this with these men. I don't think it will change for them. I just hope the show at some point doesn't say, you know, would be really good? Is if we found a villain? I think it would ruin so much. I just want this to be the ethos of why we tune into the Golden Show every season. Is the joy, the story, the hope, the relatability, the love story. Like those things, and keep it consistent because I think it could have a twenty year run, just like the regular show. If it stays that.
Speaker 4: Way, I well, hopefully by that time I could be the Golden Bachelorette's.
Speaker 2: So much more for you. We want you to meet somebody.
Speaker 4: That guys a second.
Speaker 3: You know, that's what people want. People want, like the forty five year old Bachelorette.
Speaker 4: Now I'm close, But you know what, Like I agree, we got a little bit of a villain on The Golden Bachelor, like Kathy being you know, selling people to zip it or whatever that was. But I I don't know if they can make a villain out of any of these men, And if they do, I'm going to be highly disappointed because they would have had to really like craft that up, like it wouldn't be genuine, because, like you, the brotherhood going on in that mansion is so beautiful, and I just like the ending when they all came out and like hugged Charles and he was so happy, and I was like, oh my god, I cried so many times.
Speaker 3: I know, it was just the sweetest moment I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: The sweetest woman ever.
Speaker 5: Before we move on to more about you, Caitlin, I just need a group conversation right now about how much Chok sounds like Peyton Manning. Like we've brought it up before, you really need to like talk about this because I've never heard somebody's voice come out of somebody else like this.
Speaker 4: That's so I feel like, I is this a thing on the internet, Like do people notice?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, because I don't know what Peyton Manning sounds like. But is a football player?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's like in every commercial there is a.
Speaker 2: Football player arguably the best quarterback of all time.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, that's that's very arguable, because that's definitely not true of it.
Speaker 4: I'm Canadian. I don't know football players like you, folks.
Speaker 3: It's been a while since you've been to a Buffalo game.
Speaker 4: Huh Yeah, Buffalo Bills are dead to me. And I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 4: I went to a Phillies baseball game. Oh my gosh, it was so fun.
Speaker 3: Why were you in Philadelphia or that Southern Jersey area.
Speaker 4: I really was just craving a Philly cheese steak and I was in New York doing podcasts, and I said, hey, it's just an hour and a half drive to get a Philly cheese steak. So popped into a game while I was at it.
Speaker 3: Moved on from Buffalo and now into Philly jo Sticks. Hey.
Speaker 4: Don't get me wrong, I actually do still root for the Bills. I feel like they're a fun team to root for.
Speaker 5: They are, You're right, Jared, like, is rooting for the Bills over the Pageots these days because they're just more interesting. No, They're just a little bit more interesting. I'm just an NFL fan right now, not even like so much of it.
Speaker 4: I just stand back and say, go Oilers hockey every day, all day, Caitlin.
Speaker 2: We do this every week on our show, and you've been up close and personal, closer than Ashley or myself have been able to be. We give our top three each week, kind of going towards the rest of this season. Okay, I'm very intrigued at what you're who your top three would be. We're not going to tell you ours, but your top three for the Golden Bachelorette. Moving on to the week before Hometowns, I guess whatever we call that.
Speaker 4: Okay, my top three is definitely Chalk Pascal and is.
Speaker 5: It Jordan Jonathan Yeah, Jordan, Yeah, Chicago Jordan.
Speaker 3: I told you I put him in my Yeah.
Speaker 4: But isn't Jordan such a millennial name for that?
Speaker 3: Like, I'm like, what about this man? Reeks youth to me?
Speaker 4: Yes, it throws me off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, his voice sounds so young. I would just never pin him as a sixty or something.
Speaker 4: No, me, either doesn't add up.
Speaker 2: She sounds young, he looks young. His name is young. Yeah, so you said Pascal, So you have Pascal in the in the top three for you well.
Speaker 4: Only, But now it kind of changed once I saw that the ending of this episode. But I'm gonna stick with it because I saw their chemistry in person.
Speaker 5: Okay, she's also not putting Mark in there anymore.
Speaker 3: And I told you I think he's like on the sliding slope.
Speaker 1: I just.
Speaker 4: Maybe we just haven't seen enough of their connection. But yeah, I would like to see more. To be honest with.
Speaker 3: You, He's definitely gonna get a one on one next week. Yeah, that would be insane if he if he leaves without getting one on one.
Speaker 4: No, he's I'm only going to get a one on one, and I hope he shines. I hope he shines.
Speaker 2: I could see the argument, and the two of you have been around a long time. I could see the argument being we're seeing more of Mark than most cast members because he is a star. He's very likable, he's great for commentary, he is very sweet. Uh, and he is being prepped to be the next lead and as a result, his connection with Joan might be kind of being overplayed to the audience and kind of picked up a bit because of them wanting to use him later on.
Speaker 3: Is that like you two right here?
Speaker 2: Well, Caitlin, I had a great thing.
Speaker 4: Oh, it had a great thing.
Speaker 3: They're prepping then to be the bachelor.
Speaker 4: I knew they wanted him to be the Bachelor. I didn't want him to be the bachelor.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wait, why because I wanted to be a final two. I didn't want it to be this versus this. I wanted Ben in there.
Speaker 2: You had a terrible last couple of weeks. She had no fun, no fun to be had for Kaitlin. She had like a brawl to figure out. But yes, but yeah, as a result, they said, hey, Sin beIN home. Like that poor guy, he's just like hanging out drinking guinness and like he's so lonely. He's not talk anybody.
Speaker 3: So do you have soul clustody of the dogs?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 4: I am so scared at the time I do anything. Now, I'm so scared because I'm like, I don't. I don't know what else to say. I'm like, but yes, I do, Yes, I.
Speaker 2: Do it's not public information yet.
Speaker 4: No, it is. I did a solo podcast talking about it, just because you know, that's people. This is why, this is why I want to keep certain relationships private, is because once you introduced people to certain things, they have reason to feel like they deserve information. And so I felt that it was you know, that was the number one question I was getting asked was about the dogs, and I think, yeah, it's it. I also saw that somebody thought I was lying through my teeth about this contract, that the dogs actually can't be bopping around because of stress.
Speaker 3: No, no, but it's so real.
Speaker 4: And Amanda actually from Bunny's Buddies had talked to me about this, like long before anyone knew anything about anything, and long before we had you know, moved forward and past all this that she was like, this can't happen like this. We don't adopt dogs out to people who you know, are going back and forth. These dogs need like a steady household. And so yeah, but I said on my podcasts, he's more than welcome to visit them anytime, more than welcome to I would never keep them from him.
Speaker 2: Is it going well now that you have sil custody and My second fall to that is has it made you check change your travel amounts?
Speaker 4: I definitely have changed my travel amounts, And I also just have the best house slash dog sitter who honestly loves them. No, I will never say as much as me because that's not possible, but close, and she treats them like her absolute babies. So I trust her when she's here with them, and she's so good to them, so it's reassuring knowing that she's with them if I'm gone.
Speaker 3: Has Jason visited the dogs?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: All right, well what do you think about? What do you think about those phillies? I'll just say it because I'm being I'm just gonna be funny in myself right now. But there's been a lack of posting of Jason and his girlfriend Kat recently.
Speaker 3: Really do you have a comment?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Really? That's her comment. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't pay attention to it just because I I don't. I honestly don't see anything on the internet, and so I don't know. I actually didn't know that they haven't been posting, So that's news to me.
Speaker 2: Here's a more interesting way to look at this too. It's been a while obviously we had a show where we sorted out our differences based on an interview with Jason and Chris and myself kind of talking about things. It was a huge relationship making headlines and then the breakup and then I think anything you do, Caitlin, is going to make headlines. I just do. I think it's the kind of the world you live in. You have brought that upon yourself, and it's also a compliment to yourself because people care and they're interested. Yeah, would you say, at this point in your life, let me phrase this the right way, would you say, at this point in your life, what Jason does romantically or what he does personally affects you at all? Or is that a season of life now that you've moved on from.
Speaker 4: Definitely a season of life where I genuinely just want everybody to be happy. I know people think that might be a cop out or that I'm just saying that. I genuinely, from the bottom of my black little heart, genuinely just want people to be happy. I am so over any like drama or this, or you know, like resentment or whatever. I just want people to be happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe you have to come out publicly with a new relationship, so people move on.
Speaker 5: Never mind, I won't do it, and I go the same way. I was like, is that because possibly you're very happy? Well?
Speaker 4: I do think like I think the happiest people don't need to show off. I just feel like I'm in a very zen, peaceful, happy place in my life. And I when you feel that way, you want that for other people, even if, like in the past, you might not have. I just mid a place where I'm like, I want everybody to feel what I'm feeling right now. I feel like all of my mental work, my physical work, everything is just finally paying off where I'm like, like Kombay, fucking yeah.
Speaker 3: She's almost forty, flirty and thriving. Do you feel this way towards Tasha?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do. I do. I just again, it's just a in my heart of hearts what I have said and what I have done. I hope people know my humor by this point, and I again, I just want people to be happy and unbothered. And because that's how I'm feeling.
Speaker 2: You are an open book. It's frustrating for me. I think I said this on the show here as a friend because I I just wish people got to know. Like I think if they knew Caitlin and then these things came out publicly, maybe like oh goodness, like they would just be like, goodness, gracious, she's just saying what she's thinking, right, But I don't think people know Like I think they see one side. They see like the media side, they see the podcast host, they see, you know, the person that's getting called to be on the Golden Bachelorette strip Tea's date, and then they're like, why would she say that? That's that's coming from a mean place. But if I think if they knew you, they'd be like, no, that's just Caitlin like not having a buffer, and that's helpful always. It's maybe not the most like healthy thing because it does bring on its own criticism, but what it does do is that it does allow people to get to know where you're at.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm learning though, because to me sometimes it's I don't know if it's worth it anymore to be so much of an open book, Like I'm I feel like it's here's the thing. Any time I've talked about other people, it just never goes well, and I just feel like I don't I don't want to talk negatively about other people ever again, because it's it doesn't feel good, it's not a good look, and it always ends up being a headline that I don't mean anyways, and it's you know, warped into something different, and I do. I think that's something I always wish people knew, is like what my actual heart and intentions are as a human being. And I think I get I think I get pigeonholed or misunderstood a lot because a lot of people don't even know who I am, and they might not even remember me except for as the bachelorette, so they they just think I'm this crude, offside, raunchy No.
Speaker 2: I always I don't know if that's helped. I think that's you speaking, Yeah, I think that's you, Yeah, kind of picking out what the most like negative view of you could be.
Speaker 4: Possibly.
Speaker 2: I think most people like love and appreciate you and laugh alongside you and relate with you. I also think that like, if people are listening and they say, okay, then who is Caitlin? I would I would describe you as the person that is going to go to the bar with you and probably do something that makes everybody laugh at and embarrass yourself in the process and be okay with it and like enjoy the smiles that other people get. And you're gonna say some wild stuff. You are, You're gonna say some stuff that makes you go I cannot believe that just came out of her mouth. But it doesn't come from a place of wanting anybody else to suffer. No, never, I do. Also, I've been seeing this recently and maybe your zen place from a distance. You know, you and I don't want to compare, but and you know, when we all get off this show, there is this race to stay relevant. It happens to all of us in different ways, in different platforms in different times. And then you you have gone into relationships purposefully or not. You know, obviously, come off the show with Sean like relevancy is just a everybody wants to know what you're up to. And then you get in a relationship with Jason where social media was a big part of your relationship. We knew where you're at and what you're doing at most times because you were active on social You're not as active anymore, and the world doesn't really know where you're at in relationship to others at this point in your life. But that seems like it is a healthy like sign that like that is something you're that intrigued by. Is to keep your relationship relevant.
Speaker 4: I don't. I do not want to use anything in my life to stay relevant. I don't want, whether it be even just like my dogs or you know, I just I don't want to ever use something for relevancy, for views, for likes, for for whatever reason. And I have found so much peace in that because because I do share so much, so to keep something to myself and not have any noise and you know, not have people questioning when oh they're not posting as much and have you noticed, and what's going on and they don't like this anymore, and like to not have to even think about that or worry about that. I would never want to use a relationship to monetize, because I've done that. I did that even you know, you get engaged publicly and you're being offered other deals and you're monetizing, and you're monetizing, and then you just it loses all of the foundation and the importance of the relationship. And I'm just it's so important to me to protect that at all costs moving forward, because I want a healthy, loving relationship that is strong and no other noise coming in on it.
Speaker 3: So she's admitting she's in a relationship.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear that. I didn't hear that.
Speaker 4: You'll never know, You'll never know.
Speaker 5: The last thing you posted on social media was as you feeling really nostalgic about Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 3: Because you've been watching Joey on it and him killing the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's almost too good. I'm like, what this is? It's freaky how good he is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how do you how much do you miss that time?
Speaker 4: Honestly, the Dancing with the Stars? I know some people say, like I heard Gabby talking about it the other day and she like refers to it as I don't I don't want to put words in growth, I don't remember, but she she wouldn't do it again, or something like that. And I know a lot of people think it's the hardest thing they've ever done. But sometimes I find it hard to even watch Dancing with the Stars because of how much nostalgia and joy it brings me. Because even though it was so hard and the physical emotional like strain I went through was beyond belief with that show, like I didn't. I didn't expect that I would do it again in a heartbeat because it was so rewarding, and I just I'll never be able to explain to people my passion for dancing. It is truly like something that I do if I'm anxious, if I'm depressed, if i want to be in the moment, if I'm like, you know, for exercise. I just love dancing so much and I would do anything to be back on that dance floor. I know I love it.
Speaker 2: Would you, I mean, would you as you look back on your reality television journey, what like what stands like what pops out in your head? First Bachelorette or Dance with the Stars?
Speaker 4: Probably Bachelorette because I just feel like that was the most pivotal thing for me, and I feel like it taught me the most about myself and I realized how strong I was through that. But definitely Dancing with the Stars was like my most memorable I would say.
Speaker 2: You're made for like you were made for Like that was right away. It was like it was a season where people hadn't necessarily done it. I mean, I guess souls did it, but it felt like it was still in question, is Kaylen going to be on Dance with the Stars everybody wanted you to do.
Speaker 4: I couldn't believe it was five years late, like it was, you know, like that's a long time to be off and then be asked to go on. And I think that really helped me too, because I was just so grateful.
Speaker 3: To be there.
Speaker 4: And I love being pushed in like out. I like being pushed in a way where I'm like, I didn't think I could do that, but somebody else pushed me hard enough to get there, and then I prove myself wrong. I love that. I'm very competitive and just the fact that it was also dancing is amazing. I loved it.
Speaker 5: Your partner on the show, Ardam, is going through some all time allegations right now about domestic abuse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how do you stayed in touch with him?
Speaker 4: I honestly, this is it's so hard because obviously we don't know what happened. In my mind, domestic abuse is awful. It's terrible, it's sad, it's scary, and the back and forth between like he said, she said, is so overwhelming and it's all that my heart can do is say, I hope everyone's okay. I hope whoever is, you know, in a dark place is getting the help that they need. And all I can think about is Matteo, their son, Like I know, they both probably just want what's best for him, and it just feels very messy right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's you know, for the for the Dance with the Stars to be doing as well as its doing right now and to have the stars that they have on it right now, there's also just those kind of things looming over it. Yeah, But kind of going back on my original question that started this train of thought and then talking now about Bachelorette and Dancing with the Stars and just Kaitlin knowing the place that you're at in life right now, what is like, what what does life look like now going forward? Because if we were to ask you this five years ago, I'm assuming the answer would have been like, in a lot of ways, maybe without saying it, like what's next, you know, like how what new project can I do? What can I get involved with? Those types of things? I'm assuming now the answer looks a little different.
Speaker 4: It's so different. I My answer is so different. I truly I see the benefit of how much work I put into myself and where I want to be in life. And I mean that in a way of how I how I want to feel, not where I want to be in my career. I feel like I've put in the hard work. I feel like I'm I'm I'm like right now, I'm calling it. I'm marinating in the hard work that I've put in and that I'm actually just like happy where I'm at instead of thinking what's next. I've always thought what's next, and I still like, obviously in the back of my mind, I'm still like, well, excellent, but I'm trying to try. And that's just my aid, that's just who I am. But I'm I'm really doing a good job of sitting in the where I am right now and being as in that and being like, wow, I've done a lot, and I've worked really hard on myself during all of it to evolve as a human being. And I look back on the last ten years of my life and I'm like, I am a complete different person in the best way I can hope for that. I just it's all my focus is on how I want to feel instead of what I want to be doing. How do I want to feel in five years, not what do I want to do in five years, so it's minus the ten year plan of being the Golden Bachelorette. That's kind of where I'm at.
Speaker 2: I want more for you. I want you to find somebody within those ten years.
Speaker 4: Ben, you couldn't pay me to be the Golden Bachelotte, would I couldn't ever do any of that. Me just sitting here preaching about like keeping my romance private and then just going on this show again.
Speaker 5: Well, if keeping your romance private doesn't work, then is to go back to.
Speaker 3: The old wayce.
Speaker 1: Backwards?
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, Well you're so fun to have on all the time. I love you so much.
Speaker 4: I love you.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, we need to have our ten year reunion.
Speaker 4: I can't believe it. I can't, I can and I can't believe it. But the fact that that was ten years ago that we were on the Bachelor, like it really does feel like a lifetime ago, and like ten years ago does make sense, But I still can't believe it. Like my I said in the group text, I was like, my brain cannot compute that it's been ten years. But I would love to do a reunion.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, really really do I think we should start working on this this week.
Speaker 3: Ten years ago, we were in Santa Fe.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, wait where did we We didn't go to anywhere that I would like to have a reunion, but.
Speaker 2: Your season did not exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's all reunite in Iowa.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't it be hilarious if we like went to Iowa?
Speaker 4: We actually should.
Speaker 2: It would be really fun for me and I think a lot of fans because I was watching that season knowing that the Bachelorette was going to come from that season. I was looking at the pictures I think Ashley posted of your guys' season, like the whole group together, and there's so many people that I have no clue where they're at now in life. It would be really fun, is if one of you, at some point could figure out how to at least get a quick catchup on all these people who we saw not only in your season but then in Paradise, who now is like are like gone? Yeah, which means that my season of the Bachelor is coming up on ten years Yeah that's wild.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well this is giving me like an idea for a news like series.
Speaker 2: Let's make money on this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we need to get Ashley as on who by the way, you know, because is that you know everybody knows.
Speaker 3: Ashley asked, is like, what was that line where She's like, is that a pomegranate? Or it was a pomegranate? And she thought it an onion? Is that an onion?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 3: She has four kids? Now? What?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she has four kids. I still that is mind blowing to me. But I think she I remember talking to her and she said something like I think she's sober or she was sober for I don't know if she still is because I don't. We don't follow each other anymore, but now I want to follow her again. Wow for kids?
Speaker 3: Why does you unfollow each other?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I have so many Instagram cleanses and sometimes I'm like whoops, and then other times I'm like I'm free. But you know what, I you know what I do sometimes as I just go and like I try and be like do I talk to them anymore? Are they close? Do they does what they post on their feet bring me joy or does it make me stressed out? And and do they still follow me? So I remember noticing that brit unfollowed me and I was like what wow? And then so I went through and I think, yeah, I don't know what happened. This is so many years ago, so I don't actually remember. But yeah, I love a good cleanse. I love a cleanse.
Speaker 3: Well, let's get some of these people on there.
Speaker 4: And there's no not one person I wouldn't want to see from our season of the Bat of the Bachelor. There's not one girl I wouldn't want to now, even Kelseysie.
Speaker 5: We'd have to have Kelsey just for like, we're too curious.
Speaker 4: She won't come, but the invites there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Caitlin, you're the best you are and thanks for coming on. It was great to see you on our television screens. You're the perfect choice. Your facial expressions lit up the television. It was great. We always appreciate you as a guest and Almost Famous podcast and we cannot wait to talk to you again soon.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'll be back, you know, I will see y'all.
Speaker 1: Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.