Speaker 1: We are back here on Bills by the Numbers, where we let the stats tell you where the Bills are at. Coming up in this episode, we preview training camp as it pertains to the offense. How does the pecking order shake out at receiver after Dj Moore and Khalil Shakir? Will the Bills throw it more now under new head coach Joe Brady, And who has the inside track to start at left guard? And of course we'll have our one burning question start the countdown clock to camp. It's Camp Preview edition one here on Bills by the Numbers, he is Bill's Wall of Famer Steve Tasker on Bills play by playman Chris Brown. And when it comes to the offense, there are some prevailing storylines to discuss and weigh out for the Bills. So we begin these three things with thing number one. It's relatively clear that DJ Moore was acquired to be the team's top playmaker in the passing game. Outside he has been effective in establishing an on field rapport with Josh Allen through the course of OTA's in mini camp in the spring, and he made more than his share of plays in eleven on eleven work Khalil Shakir is expected to be next in the pecking order after leading the team in receptions and receiving yards last season. So, Steve Tasker, how does the pecking order shake out at the receiver position after those two wideouts in this team's passing game this season?
Speaker 2: I think I think Skyler Bell is going to be a part of this. I think he's a separator. He's got that he his skill set fits what they're going to need after DJ Moore and after Khalil Shkir.
Speaker 1: So could you see him as the three?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think.
Speaker 2: I think Keanus shown us who he is. I think he's a talented guy who has trouble doing it every game, every down, every every series, and I think we'll see him do some things for this offense, but I think it's going to be hard to get him to do that down to down, series to series, game to game, week to week, month to month.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 2: He's certainly as physically talented as anybody in the room. Maybe he may be the most gifted guy in the room, no question about it. But I think the consistency is one thing they're going to strive to get and we'll see if if he can accomplish that, that's the real question. But I think Skyler Bell is you know, after listening to the guy speak and watching him play and knowing what we know about him as a draft pick, which is not enough, But I think he brings a level of maturity at a young age that's going to help him serve him well. And I think that's going to be what you know, It's what's going to carry him through his first training camp.
Speaker 1: And all accounts are he has the aptitude to handle the playbook as well. That'll be seen more on the field than based on interviews that we've seen from the coaches on the offensive side of the ball as well as the players. But I think it's safe to say that your pool for the number three receiver job is Bell, Joshua Palmer, and Keon Coleman. I think those three guys are in the mix to be the number three, and really, in the grand scheme of things, when you think about it, that person essentially is the number four because Kincaid, I think we are expecting to be one of the top three target targets in the passing. But all that being said, I kind of lean in Bell's direction too. And maybe it's recency bias because we've been disappointed in what we've seen from Keon Coleman from a consistency perspective, to your point, and we were disappointed last year in what this team got from Joshua Palmer or because of an injury than I think anything else. So with Palmer healthy again, can he change that conversation and dynamic in terms of the number three receiver competition? And does Coleman finally put it all together? Neither of those two players have given us a tremendous reason to put our stock in those guys. Not that Bell has a long track record either. That's what I think makes this competition so intriguing. We don't have a track record on Bell, but his college production is impressive. Palmer is finally healthy, does he have a better training camp than he had last year? And can Coleman duplicate his training camp last year which was very promising but didn't come to fruition in the regular season. And because of all those questions, I think it's wide open.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh I do too, Yeah, because there's so much we don't know, and this is all can jest we can as we're t I mean we're predicting the future, which is, you know, so risky thing.
Speaker 1: So maybe let's tweak the question a little bit. Among the realistic options on the roster, who would you see as the biggest surprise if he ascended into the number three receiver role to start the season.
Speaker 2: Well, the three guys we talked about, I think the biggest surprise would be Josh Palmer. He was brought in and I'm to do that last year, and it didn't happen. It didn't happen, and he was, you know, his spot was vacated all too much because of injuries. He was compromised by injuries, and I don't know that he'll be durable enough to make that go away. This year, we'll see. Palmer would be the one who I would be surprised by. You draft a guy in the fourth round. That's where they got Gabe Davis. Years ago they traded for they traded for Steph Diggs and and got Gabe Davis in the draft that same year. This year, they traded for DJ Moore and got Skyler Bell in the exact same spot. So it's two players that are the exact same spot where they were back before they started throwing the football sixty percent of the time. They traded for a number one and drafted a guy in the fourth round. One year it was Steph Diggs and Gabe Davis. This year it's Dj Moore and Skyler Bell. We'll see if they if they get the same production out of these two guys. I'm a higher on Skyler Bell's catch ratio than I was Gabe Davis, but you know, we'll see.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I would be most surprised if it's Palmer in that role as the number three, because I think Bell is on the come, and I want to believe that Coleman has done what is necessary to improve his game to the point to earn and merit real consideration for the number three receiver role, all the work he's done on his own with Stevie Johnson on release his mental approach to the game. Because we had Stevie Johnson on our daily show recently and he kind of outlined how Keon is as a worker, his dedication to his craft. But the consistency factor is still something that I think has to be readily seen on a weekly basis before people become believers. Second thing to take a look at is Buffalo's offense in terms of its identity under new head coach Joe Brady. Since Brady took over play calling duties back in Week eleven of the twenty twenty three season, the offense has leaned more heavily on the run game than most offenses in the league. Over those last seven games. In twenty twenty three, Buffalo ran the ball fifty three percent of the time that dipped in twenty twenty four to forty eight and a half percent run, but bounce back last season to fifty two point four percent as James Cook led the league in rushing. There is no arguing that the Bills, with a second team All Pro and three time Pro Bowl back in Cook and a top flight offensive line can run the ball very effectively. The prevailing question is whether the heavy lean in to the run game was Joe Brady's choosing or that of former head coach Sean McDermott. Analytics have conclusively proven that the most efficient way to gain yards and score points is by throwing the ball, and Buffalo has a quarterback who many feel is the best in the game. So do the Bills move away from their proclivity to run the ball as much as any team in football the last couple of years and lean on Josh Allen's are more with Joe Brady calling the shots.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you and I have delve into this in our daily show about you know, this is Joe Brady's show. Now we're going to get an offensive minded head coach who's and those guys tend to put their foot on the gas more so than more so than steer the ship like a head coach. You know, there's a lot in this question. I think the Bills are going to do whatever it takes to win the game on that week. But let's face it, if they're trying to cover, and I say cover, if they're trying to help a defense that is struggling early on in a new defensive scheme, they're gonna need to run the football more to shorten games so their defense doesn't have to go out and to defend more possessions until they find their way around it. Another thing as well, the thing we were thing one that we just spoke about the wide receivers. How that wide receiver room comes together is going to have a lot to say about how confident they are to drop back on first down consistently and start throwing the football sixty percent of the time. The wide receivers have a big say in this as well. If they can start doing this and Josh is completing seventy percent of his balls, they don't care if they can run the football, they don't need to. They're gonna be able to score at will. There's a lot in this so I think week to week this will change depending on who they play. Week one, it's Houston. They may need to throw the football or run the football to take the starch out of that pass rush right out of the gate. They may hand the football off just so they can keep Josh upright. Against a defensive front like that.
Speaker 1: It has had its way with Buffalo's offensive line on more than one occasion, and.
Speaker 2: They in Week one they ain't gonna know what they've got in this defense. So I think there's a lot in this question. But I think when it all shakes out at the end of the season, I don't think there's any question. In my mind, there's no question that they will pass the ball significantly more than they run. I'm saying significantly at least, you know, forty five fifty five, forty seven fifty three sixty.
Speaker 3: With the heavier Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think that is definitely a thing that we can look forward to seeing. But there's a lot that are gonna have to happen that we're gonna have to find out about before they can do that on a regular basis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Foresee more throwing and I don't know if it is completely dependent on how much that receiver room shows its depth, because I think you have a pass catching weapon in your back feet in James Cook, who, for those who don't remember, was largely a third down back pass catching option at the University of Georgia where they were absolutely loaded at running back and he had troubles just getting on the field, but that is in his background. And couple that with the fact that Joe Brady with his roots with the Saints, along with offensive coordinator Pete Carmichael, who bore witness to Alvin Kamara catching eighty balls a season for four straight years, I think that more of Cook's touches could be had with catches out of the backfield than perhaps carrying the football, you know, three hundred times as he did last year. So knowing that component could be at play, I think that yeah, the passing percentage will go up now. I think it's going to be probably in that fifty five percent range. It's probably be somewhere around there. So we're probably looking at a six to seven percent increase in throwing the ball because, look, we cannot forget this. Josh Allen was unleashed on the rest of the league in twenty twenty when, as you mentioned, his GM acquired a number one wide receiver via trade and drafted Gave Davis in round four. Here in twenty twenty six, he traded for a number one wide receiver in DJ Moore and drafted a receiver in round four in Skylar Bell.
Speaker 3: That year, they threw the ball a lot.
Speaker 1: The year after that, they threw it even more fifty nine percent. I think it was somewhere around fifty seven percent in twenty twenty. Those two seasons remain Josh Allen's most productive passing seasons of his career in terms of passing yardage and passing touchdowns. They're still his best. I think they'd like to get back to that, But at the same time, I think you're about the defense is well taken. It's a defense that has changed its scheme for the first time in a decade, new play caller who's calling plays for the first time ever in the NFL. There are probably gonna be some growing pains there, and to protect them, Yes, to your point, they have to run the ball, much like they did last year with an injury riddle defense. Right, So, I think that's what makes this question so interesting.
Speaker 2: But I do think if they start throwing the football, I think there's a big push or mindset in the building. Like you said, kind of unleash Josh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, put the ball down. That's what the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Put the ball down, snap it, and let's sling it around. We've got a chance this year, perhaps with with Joe Brady at least, they want to get to the point where they can turn Josh Lucien, let him, let him and this offense be everything that it can possibly be. I'm talking big plays, ball possession, scoring touchdowns. Josh has always been the best guy to score touchdowns. I mean, nobody scored faster than he does in their league in their career. So just lean into that.
Speaker 1: Because you can make the argument here because last year the chosen path was to run it more to shorten the game. So your defense had fewer opponent possessions to defend, and you win games that way. They won twelve in the regular season doing that last year. That's one way to do it, and you may choose to do that again this year with a defense that's just getting its feet under them and is depending on a lot of young players too. Let's not forget that. And a first time play caller in the league. I think the other side of that is, we don't care. Let's just keep scoring and challenge that opponent to outscore us. We're just going to keep our foot on the gas and keep throwing it and keep scoring, and we'll score thirty five, sometimes forty, and let's see if you can keep up.
Speaker 3: Right, that's the other way to score twenty eight. Which way do you.
Speaker 1: Think Joe's lee?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because we.
Speaker 1: Have we have past history of him doing it the run game way. But was that McDermott's influence.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, they changed from Ken Dorsey to Sean McDermot. Dorsey was throwing it almost every down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they started wait wait, wait.
Speaker 2: Wait, and Joe, I mean I gave Joe did what he was told. Yeah, that's what you're you do that on a coaching staff. You do what you're told and you do it as best you can. You figure it out, and if you want to do something else, you advocate for it and see if you can get the head guy to say, okay, you can try it now.
Speaker 1: He doesn't need anybody advocate.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: I don't know, And it's easy to say, well, Joe got in there and started running the ball because he figured that was the best way. And maybe that's true. Maybe it was Joe, maybe it wasn't. Sean McDermott.
Speaker 3: I don't find out.
Speaker 2: He grew up with Sean Payton. And we just had an entire show yesterday, The Daily Show that with Sean Payton being the topic of discussion. Call a punt on fourth, fourth eleven in a playoff game and overtime of a playoff game. Come on, So Joe cut his teeth in that environment? Yeah, I gotta think, right, we're in for.
Speaker 3: A little bit of that.
Speaker 1: I think we're in for a little bit of that as well. Our third thing is a bit more straightforward. There aren't many position battles on the offensive side of the ball. A lot of the starting roles are spoken for. One that is not is the starting left guard position vacated by the free agent departure of David Edwards. Coming out of June mini camp, it appears to be Alec Anderson's job to lose. The former undrafted rookie out of UCLA has seen his role increase each of the three years he has been here, and he appears to be positioned well to nail down the role. His chief competition is veteran Austin Corbett, signed in free agency, proven track record over nine NFL seasons. How do you foresee this two man competition playing out through camp in the preseason.
Speaker 3: Well, I do know this.
Speaker 2: If somebody else wins that job, you'll bet that it's they'll the coaching stapple Field. It's an upgrade from where they were even last year when they had David Edwards in there. If somebody comes swoops in, it's because they absolutely dominated an entire training camp. It's gonna be hard for somebody to do that. And if and if Austin Corbett comes in, it means he still has a lot left in his gas tank, because that guy is a top flight player. He's been playing for nine years. He's he's an NFL guard. But he's nine years in going into his tenth Alec and You're right. I think Alec Anderson is the is the heir apparent to the spot left open by by David Edwards. But I think it will be notable if it is someone other than Alec Anderson. He is nothing but if not consistent. He has been that guy ever since he walked in the door. And if somebody comes in and is able to wrench that away from or is a better option than Alec Anderson, You've gotta feel really good about that good. We know who Alec Anderson. He has been in there, He's been on this team, He's played in games and played significant snaps in some and has acquitted himself extremely well. If somebody comes in and is the guy instead of him, this offensive line is gonna steamroll just like it has. I mean, they're gonna be They're gonna once again put together an outstanding season. But because I Alec Anderson is a guy who is a quality NFL player, he has ready, he knows the system, he's ready to step in. It is a seamless transition. And somebody comes in and plays well enough to derail that transition.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's.
Speaker 2: Something that's probably a good thing, a good thing, very good thing.
Speaker 1: I believe Anderson is smart enough to know what is sitting in front of him, and what is sitting in front of him is not just a starting opportunity, but an opportunity to the all important second NFL contract. This is a guy who's been playing basically for the minimum as an former undrafted rookie the last three years for the Bills. So he nails this down, performs well, stays healthy, keeps what is regarded by many to be a top offensive line in the league relatively playing at the same level. He's gonna get a nice contract in the offseason from this football team, for sure. I think one of the main reasons he is in this position in the first place is because of the way he played last year when he had to play right tackle at Pittsburgh against you know, TJ. Watt and that crew with Ryan Vandermark on the other side, and granted they ran the ball a lot, but he acquitted himself quite well there for the balance of that game, which ended up being a victory for the Bills on the road and a much needed one. So I think that gave the offensive staff which is to a large degree the same the confidence to say, you know what, we put him in at guard when we lose David Edwards, who's going to get a bankroll of money. We think he can do it. I think Austin Corbett, as much as I respect his game and his career, I think, for for all intents and purposes, he's an insurance policy.
Speaker 2: If something happens and a guy like comes from like Jude Bowery gets slid down from his tackle spot and slides down in there, yep, or guy like Bruno Fina comes in, it's like, wow, this kid can play.
Speaker 1: Or even Cedric van Praying Grainger, who has lined up more at guard through the course of the spring. I think those are some dark horse candidates that could wedge themselves into the competition.
Speaker 2: Any if it is anybody other than than the two guys were talking about Corbett Anderson, it's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good thing. We pivot now to the numbers game unless by injury, of course, well right right, And that again is why you have the insurance policy of Austin Corbett as well. Somebody who's played there knows it, and more importantly has played under Aaron Kromer and knows all the blocking techniques and schemes as well that are coached by Pat Meyer, who's an Aaron Kromer disciple, the new offensive line coach. But we move now to the numbers game, where Steve will be quizzed on training camp history. Here we go, question number one. Since the Bills moved training camp to Saint John Fisher, how many different NFL clubs have the Bills faced in joint practice sessions?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Wow, so they started coming over here in ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Two thousand was the first camp at st How many different teams do you make the different face and joint so.
Speaker 2: If they repeated, it doesn't count, correct? Carolina, Carolina, Chicago, Cleveland, Hm, Tampa.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say it's gonna be a very horror.
Speaker 3: I'll say six.
Speaker 1: The answer is five. You was very close, Carolina. Yes, So I'm gonna ask you if you can name the five teams that is question number two.
Speaker 2: Carolina, Chicago, Cleveland, I think Tampa.
Speaker 1: No, Nope, not Tampa.
Speaker 2: I'll say.
Speaker 3: Dallas, Not Dallas.
Speaker 2: I know they do it usually before preseason.
Speaker 3: Names Detroit. What do you have here?
Speaker 1: Carolina?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Carolina, Cleveland, Chicago.
Speaker 1: That's three of them.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say two left.
Speaker 2: Jacksonville Nope, gosh, oh, Arizona not Arizona.
Speaker 3: They didn't. They stayed out in Arizona for a week. One time they did that was during the regular season.
Speaker 1: That wasn't a joint practice.
Speaker 3: Denver Nope.
Speaker 1: The other two teams I don't have a clue are the Steelers, of course, and the Packers.
Speaker 3: Steelers and Packers questions Steelers. That's a bad one. That's a question, bad l right there.
Speaker 1: Question number three ahead, which of those teams have the Bills faced the most in joint practice sessions during training camp? I say Cleveland, and you would be correct. It is Cleveland three times prior to this summer, which will be number four right, Question number four, Steve, How many times have the Bills hosted joint practices since moving training camp to Saint John Fisher.
Speaker 3: Zero?
Speaker 2: No, once, no again, I have no idea. Twice Yeah, my gosh, I know they don't do.
Speaker 1: Did it in two thousand and two under Greg Williams.
Speaker 2: And who was in Who's the team Cleveland?
Speaker 1: Cleveland was in And they did it in twenty fifteen with who Rex Ryan Cleveland. Again, there's your bonus question.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: When neither the Bills nor the Browns hosted a joint practice at their appointed training camp location, what was the neutral site location of the joint practices?
Speaker 3: I U p U I. It's not I U p U I. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was Edinburgh University, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, PA.
Speaker 3: Isn't that it in that Edinburgh, PA. That's that's where I thought it was.
Speaker 1: Well, that's okay, that's not Uey pooey. That's an Indiana University, Purdue University in Indianapolis.
Speaker 3: That's what you said. I U p U I. That's what's the significant.
Speaker 1: Are you thinking of Indiana University in Pennsylvania?
Speaker 3: That's it? That's not it. It's Edinburgh. I take the loss. I'll take. I knew it was in Edinburgh. I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I couldn't think of the think of where it was because I was there once. So here is that once when I was playing.
Speaker 1: And I am going to admit Steve that I had initially forgotten about the Carolina Panthers, which you reminded me of. I had. The first answer to the question is four. It's actually five. So here is your for those that are interested your joint practice rundown since two thousand, two thousand and one, Brown's at Edinburgh University, two thousand and two, Brown's at Saint John Fisher two thousand and five, Packers at the Packers Facility in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Twenty fourteen, Steelers at Saint Vincent's College in Latrobe, twenty fifteen, Brown's at Brown's Camp in Berea, Ohio, twenty nineteen, Panthers at Wafford University in Spartanburg, South Carolina, twenty twenty four, Steelers at Akroscher Stadium, twenty twenty five, Bears at the Bears Practice Facility in Lake Forest, Illinois.
Speaker 2: So that's all told, that's seven eight eight times.
Speaker 1: A total session. A total ninth session will be this year in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Becoming more more prevalent as well. We talk about it all the time, how most a lot of teams like those control A.
Speaker 1: Lot of teams are doing two separate joint practices. So it is becoming more and more popular, and I think I think we'll probably see team more teams move to two joint practice sessions when we cut it down to two preseason games in an eighteen game regular season scheduled, don't you thanks.
Speaker 2: Particularly since the Bills are now you know, shortening their time at Saint John Fisher so much. You may see him doing some joint practice here at this at the fieldhouse.
Speaker 1: As well, or even in the stadium.
Speaker 3: Or even in the stadium.
Speaker 1: We now move to our one burning question, what or who will draw your attention the most at the start of training camp?
Speaker 2: Steve Davis and Nigbinosen tell me why that guy's got a chance to be really good.
Speaker 1: So you like what you saw on the spring and they haven't even put the pads on yet, which is when his game really flourished.
Speaker 2: I think he's got a chance to start as an NFL corner. It's much like much like and we've seen Javis White likevious a little bit. Uh yeah, Christian Benford as well, I think. And I'm also in a bigger picture instead of just watching, you know, in a bigger picture, I'm going to watch and see how the rookies are treated, if it's differently, if they're getting more rep if they're getting moved up depth charted. You know, how camp is run is going to be very telling about where Joe's head is, about where how he's gonna feel about playing them because we've seen it over the last decade, and then they don't play those guys.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 2: That was why it was such a shock when Christian Benford slid up the depth chart.
Speaker 3: Rather quickly, rather quickly as a rookie years ago.
Speaker 1: That's good, And to your point, twelve players have been drafted on defense, he's the last two year over the last two drafts. Not to mention undrafted guys as well. I am going to have my focus squarely on Jim Leonard because we know who he was as a player, but we really haven't been around him as a coach, and I really want to see him in the training camp setting running the show on that side of the ball. Where is he focusing his attention during individual position drills, What is his play calling nature, How is he working with the offensive staff to get work done that they need to be it in certain looks packages down in distance area of the field. I want to see his whole operation and how it functions, because that is going to be a critical component to this team's fortunes. This I mean, I mean it goes without saying, but I want to see how it functions and operates on a daily basis with him running the show.
Speaker 2: It's one of those you get these coaches that and for lack of there's a lot of nuance in this, of course, but you get coaches who are go for it, always attacking, always this, always that. And one of the things about those coaches is the way you beat coaches that are always attacking, always going for the win on either side of the ball. You beat them with finesse because you get them to over commit and you just hit them where they aren't. It'll be interesting, and most really good sharp defensive coordinators pick their spots as where to go forward to it. But when you're a new scheme and you don't have a juggernaut of a defender like a Miles Garrett, you kind of feel like sometimes you have to play a little more aggressively to give your guys a chance. And I like that, particularly in a young defense. It teaches them hard lessons that you never forget as a player, and I think you get a lot of benefit down the road when you're that way, when you turn your boys loose and let them learn by making a mistake or getting caught not looking for something. Yeah, I like that about Jim Leonard. I'm I'm anxious to see his philosophy of whether he's a well always you're always gonna play play, You're always going to be defensive on offense. You know, you got to think, oh my gosh, now they're doing this or uh or or is it going to be like ed We're chugging along pretty good and like, oh my gosh, what are they doing kind of thing like they got us.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think that's going to be really.
Speaker 2: Interesting to see how these games take place and how Jim Leonard Coles plays.
Speaker 1: And my belief is he is going to be aggressive because he's talked a lot about dictating play to the opponent, and you have to be aggressive if you want to change that conversation and dictate to an opposing offense. Our closing figure I kind of stole the thunder a little bit, but it examines investing in the receiver position and what it can mean the Bills this season. As we know, the primary acquisitions and receiver this offseason were made by trade Dj Moore and draft Skylar Bell taken in Round four. As we said, the last time the Bills made the same level of investment in the receiver position was twenty twenty traded for Stefan Diggs, drafted Gabe Davis in round four that season. Then offensive coordinator Brian Dable unleashed the full capabilities of Josh Allen on the rest of the league. The Bills threw the ball fifty nine percent of the time over the twenty twenty and twenty twenty one seasons, and threw more on first down than any other team in football. Not Surprisingly, those two seasons still stand as Allen's highest two passing yardage and passing touchdown totals in his career. Might the Bill's off season moves serve as an indication that the offense might be moving in that direction.
Speaker 2: Again if two things. If their scoring touchdowns like they have in the past, or at even a higher clip, and josh Is completion percentage is up above sixty eight percent.
Speaker 1: Sixty eight fifty eight sixty eight what, yeah, he has his completionletion. Sorry, I thought you meant passing nurses run.
Speaker 2: If his completion percentage is sixty eight percent or plus, and their scoring touchdowns on it's get and his and he's not throwing intercepting all that. Yes, I think they're gonna they're gonna lean into it even more. I think that's it's gonna be. You'll be able to see it with your eyes. If he's completing all the throws he's making, if they're moving the football, if they're scoring touchdowns. Now that comes down to some red zone offense and some situational stuff and getting first downs on a on a third and short. When you're throwing it in third and short instead of running it or or whatever. Your situational football has to be good. But if Josh is completing sixty eight percent plus of his passes and you're scoring touchdowns, they're gonna throw it a ton. I mean, let's go go now. You know they can. Yeah, yeah, And that'll give the defense a chance to be aggressive because they're gonna be facing.
Speaker 1: A desperate leads with the lead. With you be playing with the lead, it looks a lot better when you're playing in front and you're gonna have an offense that's desperate to score as well. So they're gonna put the ball at risk and you're gonna have a chance to make some plays. So there you go, there you go, let's all get excited. That'll do it for this edition. Be sure to subscribe to Bills by the Numbers on whatever podcast platform you use, or watch us on the YouTube channel so you know when the next episode is out. Because when you need to know about the Bills, you need to check Bills by the Numbers for Steve Tasker on Chris Brown. Thanks for listening. We'll catch you next time. Everybody,