Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, Lyle.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited to be on the phone video.
Speaker 3: Oh amazing, what's your What's what's up?
Speaker 2: So, like, I'm kind of dealing with something right now. I kind of shot on somebody way too hard when I was a kid, and I'm afraid I like wouined their life.
Speaker 3: Ah okay, what did you? What did you in? What way did you ship on this person?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: I had this friend in my middle school and her parents were super strict and she was grounded. So she asked me to check for my Space. So I logged on and I was going through it, and I found an email between her and some guys in her class, and so I am talking really fast, but it was talking about like a threesome they had. And back in like my Space days, you could copy something and paste it on a board for like every everybody to see. So I copied that whole conversation and like tasted it, and like everybody in our school, her youth pastor everybody knew that she had like train rain on her and like her mom like sent her away. And my mom saw her years later at like Taco Bell, and she was like, your daughter ruined my life.
Speaker 3: She your mom saw her mom years later at Taco Bell.
Speaker 2: No, my mom saw her. She was like working and she noticed my mom and was like, hey, who are you so and so his mom and my mom was like yeah, and she was like, your daughter ruined my life.
Speaker 3: How many years later was that?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man? It was like ten years later?
Speaker 3: Really yeah?
Speaker 2: And like I told my mom and she was like, well, you didn't make her fuck those dudes.
Speaker 3: So how old were you guys when this was happening.
Speaker 2: We were unfortunately young, like probably eleven, twelve, eleven?
Speaker 3: Whoa, you guys were eleven?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, this like and the other guys were like really young too, Like this was way too young for any of this to be happening.
Speaker 3: Okay, so uh you uh all right. So the story is your your friend was grounded and she let you log into her MySpace page.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because she used to change like her background and song all the time, so I was strictly supposed to do that. But she had said something about like my Lisa Frank folder was lame or something like that and kissed me off. And that's when I found that message, and I was like, ha, got her.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I was going to ask what your your motive was in posting this message publicly. It was because she insulted your Lisa Frankfoelder.
Speaker 2: It was something like that, like I don't remember exactly, but it was nothing to like be what I did, Like I don't think.
Speaker 1: She deserved that.
Speaker 3: And so this DM of her, So what the DM was like her saying that she had a threesome with two other like guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like what they were gonna do?
Speaker 4: It's the next shit and dig?
Speaker 3: Was this all true or were they just kind of screwing around?
Speaker 4: No? It was unfortunately true.
Speaker 3: Okay, And now when your friends realized that you had posted this message, how did she react?
Speaker 2: Oh, she was pissed, like so her mom found out and took like all of her ship out of her room. Her mom was nuts, like she took out like her hair brush, her mirror, like everything, like she wasn't allowed to brush her hair before she came to school. It was like it was batshit crazy. But she ran away and she kind of showed up at my house and UH was like crying and I was like, oh, yeah, I did that, and she was like are you serious? And I was kind of like, yeah, I need better leave before my mom gets home and then her mom came and got her.
Speaker 3: Uh was that the last time you saw her?
Speaker 2: It was, well, I saw her a couple of times at school, but she kind of hit out, But after that I didn't see her again.
Speaker 3: So she what a full decade later, at the age of twenty one, ten years later, told your mom that you ruined her life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I guess when she got sent off, she gotten more trouble, and I guess it was my fault she got turned off. But like, I didn't, you know, make the events happen. I was just kind of being a bit of a.
Speaker 3: Bitch, all right, have you since Well, okay, let me ask you this, what do you believe the fallout was on her end after you posted those those messages in terms of how uh you know it affected her when she went to school and whatnot.
Speaker 2: So like, I guess I kind of feel like she just blamed me because I didn't make her do that shit and I didn't make her keep doing that shit. But at the same time, I kind of looked back at it and I'm like, man, that was really fucked up and harsh.
Speaker 3: Okay, did anything ever happen to the guy? Like the the other kid that that she was doing that with.
Speaker 2: No like they just got like high sighs, and no teachers or parents gave a shit. Okay, Like, I'm from a really small town, so this is kind of like a normal thing, unfortunately.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you guys have not seen each other since you haven't reached out over by the way, says here that you're thirty now. Yeah, so she's also probably thirty. Yes, Okay, so a decade ago your mom ran into her at a taco bell and she said that you ruined her life via something a decade even earlier than that, right, and you're calling me to talk about this. Why is this rattling in your mind?
Speaker 2: I guess because like I've been thinking recently of like, you know, how to be a better person and like being more conscious of things that I've done, and that one just keeps radomly around and it makes me feel like super guilty. And I thought about reaching out to her, But at the same time, it's been so long now, you know, it's like, surely she can't still be mad, right, Well, I.
Speaker 3: Guess she was mad. I I don't really see what would happen in the second decade that wasn't resolved in the first decade. Okay, do you feel like it would be helpful to reach out or would it just be weird?
Speaker 2: I feel like it would be weird. Like I don't even live around there anymore. Like I have no clue what she's doing. I know she's got some kids now, so I kind of feel like, all right, we're like full ass grown now, Like there's no way she's still pissed about it, right, But I mean there's things that I have to go to, you know, a therapist and talk to about my childhood. So I'm like, maybe she is still pissed about it.
Speaker 3: Interesting. Okay, So you this is interesting. So because you know that there are still some things from that era that you're working through, you can imagine that perhaps she's still working through things from that era as well. I mean, especially considering she was probably you know, has some some fucking some some some shit from that era to workouts.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, I mean like I don't agree what she was doing with but we're all human. We're all suck up, especially at that age.
Speaker 3: So this is rattling in your brain because you're kind of wondering how you can be a better person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, so I had like a pop in my lung, Like I had a cyst on my lung and it popped and it caused me to have like an inflated lung. And ever since that happen, it's kind of like got me, Like, you know, you can't control everything.
Speaker 5: You can just die.
Speaker 2: And I guess it's one of the things that I feel like it might be stupid. Maybe I don't know, but I feel like it would It'd be something I would think about on my deskbed, like it would be one of the things in the list of regrets or I wish I would have.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I mean that's quite a grand epiphany there. What now is between you and reaching out?
Speaker 2: Because I just don't know if it would be weird? And I also kind of feel like she would just tell me to fuck off, and I wouldn't be mad at her for it. I would be like, all right, So, I mean, I guess maybe I should just reach out.
Speaker 3: Okay, but let me let's go back to your grand epiphany, your grand epiphany that you are fallible as a human being, You're a mortal, You're you're mortal. Uh, you want to do everything that you're considering doing before you die. Okay, that epiphany and that's your epiphany. Is that accurate?
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, i'd say so.
Speaker 3: All right. Nowhere in that epiphany is there any concern of any sort of outcome of your actions? Do you understand?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's just shit I want to do before.
Speaker 3: I die or not. It's not ship that, it's not it's it's conversations. Your your feeling is that you need to have. It's chances. Your feeling is that you need to take. It's not outcomes that you need from those things. And the fears that you're having of chasing those of taking those actions, they're coming from a fear of the outcome. But the outcome is not important. It's not even it's just not relevant. So if what you want to do is have the conversation and go have the conversation and don't worry about the outcome because the outcome is not relevant in terms of you take action on your epiphany. Does that make sense?
Speaker 4: That does make sense.
Speaker 2: That fits in a lot of aspects of my life, and I think I'm going to reach out.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, What are you working on in therapy from that age?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man? Like I kind of had like a so it's kind of like a whole thing. But in people in the chat are probably gonna think I'm lying, but unfortunately I'm not. But my parents were carnies. I'm not even a citty. Like they had a concession stand and we lived in a small town so when they were on their off season, when they weren't traveling, we lived in this town and it's a small town in Oklahoma, and just people gave my family shit all the time. And like we lived in a trailer because you know, they travel during the summer, So I caught a lot of shit and it just sucked and it took me a really long time to, I guess kind of get over it.
Speaker 3: What were people giving you shit about?
Speaker 1: Oh that?
Speaker 2: Like we were carnival trash and trailer trash, and like my parents made pretty good money, like they truly did, but people were just assholes. They just didn't like outsiders and we just stuck out. Like my dad bought a piece of land and he put our trailer on it and it was like by the school and people would just like come and park on his land just like piss them off.
Speaker 4: Like it was just bad.
Speaker 2: It was just a bad situation.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 2: They don't even live there anymore.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like any part of you like posted that thing on MySpace as a retaliation from that?
Speaker 2: Oh, I definitely feel like I took a lot of like pain and anger that I had from other things and pointed it toward her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. That could be something for you guys to talk about.
Speaker 2: That's definitely something I'll bring up at my next.
Speaker 3: Actually, there's the anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you guys' time. While I'm a fan, always will be, and I hope everybody has a great night.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Ashley, have a good night.
Speaker 4: Thanks nis.
Speaker 3: Man. Kids are crazy. It's very It's you know, it's funny to me that like a scandal like that could be happening in like two thousand and three where there was just my Space. I mean, imagine the crazy shit going on today with all the different social platforms. It's that's the thing that scares me about TikTok, I'll say, is that, like, you know, something embarrassing going viral on on on Facebook or MySpace, like within that community. Like when I was in middle school, there would be dramas and embarrassing things happening, like on Facebook groups and whatnot, and at the very least, whatever the gossip was or the embarrassing thing, like you know, like that MySpace DM that she was talking about, it would be limited to that community. But TikTok fucks it up because somebody could post that DM on TikTok and now all of a sudden, you're not just you know, exposed to the people in your high school. It's like millions of strangers that are seeing your embarrassing stuff. It's like, you know, times a hundred what it was if you had something, you know, fucked up happening on MySpace. So, you know, just another reason we're fucked Nah, I'm not. I'm not a doomer of because I think we'll be okay. Probably maybe if it scares you that much, go outside and look at some grass, you'll be okay. Hello, Hi, Lyle, Hi, who's this?
Speaker 1: This is Will?
Speaker 3: Why are you laughing?
Speaker 1: I uh, I'm laughing because I actually just took a ship and I was scared that you were going to pick up while I was doing that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know why that would make you laugh. But that's why I'm not used. So I don't know how your brain works. And it's it's okay, we can we can move past this. What's going on? Will?
Speaker 1: I wanted to talk to you about my kind of hatred for fat people, which is kind of been an issue in my life for a little while.
Speaker 3: All Right, why do you hate fat people?
Speaker 1: I don't really know. I mean, if I had to take a well, I guess it's I do kind of know. But I used to be overweight when I was a kid, and like overweight. You know, there's some people who are overweight and are still like athletic, play sports or whatever. But I was overweight and like very weak and got out of breath all the time, and I lost the weight.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Now I'm in the exercise fitness and you know, I also spent a lot of time.
Speaker 6: Back in the day on places like four Chan, you know, stuff that's pretty you know, mean towards people in general, a lot of bullying, and.
Speaker 1: It's just something that I can't really get rid of, you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, So when you used to spend a lot of time, you know, bullying people on message boards, you.
Speaker 1: Say, pretty much mostly lurking you know now, you know, not like rating people, not specifically targeting people, but just being around that community a lot.
Speaker 3: You know, Okay, And are you are you still active doing that stuff? It's you know, if you are, you know, you don't have to.
Speaker 1: You know, I recently, I recently quit it.
Speaker 3: Okay. What made you make the decision to quit?
Speaker 1: Just a lot of introducing a lot of negativity into my life. You know, I'm trying to be a more positive person overall, Like you know, just my first instinct is to judge people based on their appearance basically, and you know, whether it's you know, not just their weight. But I just it's a very I'm a very judgmental person at this point. And I don't know if I was like that before. You know, I guess spend a lot of time. You know, I'm not saying it's totally like the fault of the internet, but that's myself, you know, that's myself to blame too.
Speaker 3: Sure, So what was the the catalyst of this change? What what made you realize that you want to less negativity in your life?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: I tried to quit before, but you know, it's like this keeps pulling me back in I can't say there was like a specific event, but I realized, like I was, I was, you know, I'm Christian. I was in church one time, you know, in a break and I realized I was looking at my phone like looking at like like making fun of fat people in church, Like, what the what am I doing? What the fuck am I doing right now? You know I'm supposed to be. Yeah, that's not what I'm supposed to be about. You know, that's not how I'm supposed to be living my life. You know, whether you're religious or not. You know, the going about going around hating people is not like a way to happily live your life and putting negativity on others. It just kind of puts it on yourself too, like you feel it also, you.
Speaker 3: Know of course of course, so when you were a child, you were you were a little overweight as well. Yeah, h so what I mean, what was it? Were you were you projecting? In some sense?
Speaker 1: I think so? And also my dad is pretty overweight, and I guess I am not having the best relationship with him nowadays. It's like it's not it's not terrible, but it just we don't really like get along like we used to. And I guess I just want, like I don't have the heart to tell him, like, you know, to clean up his diet, you know, to watch you know, to exercise stuff like that. So it just that's something that also bothers me a lot about him. So maybe that's a part of the you know.
Speaker 3: Do you do you hate me?
Speaker 1: I don't hate you, Lyle, I don't. I don't like people. I know, I'm I'm friends with plenty of fat people. Okay, and plus, Lyle, you're just chubby, but.
Speaker 3: Okay, chumping. This is a form of chumping. This is a form of fatness.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, I'm not I'm not perfect myself. You know, I definitely gained about five pounds this holiday break. Got to lose it. But like, I'm friends with plenty of people, overweight people and even like obese people. I have a couple of beest people, and I really don't care, you know, like I want them, I want to help them, Like I kind of wish they would come to me and be like, you know, I want to change, but it's not something I really care about when they're my friends, you know. But it's like first impressions of people, like I see someone on the street and I'm like, I just don't like you, Like I don't want to. I wouldn't interact with you, like I just but if I got to know them, I bet I would Like. Maybe I can't say I would be friends with them, because you can't be friends with everyone, but be like, oh, they're a good person. I'm sure they have interests, and you know, I don't. I'm not really judgeful about people's character all that much, mostly just I guess appearance wise. You know.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, listen, from everything that you're saying to me right now, it sounds as though you are coming to all the realizations that that would be natural for one to come to, uh you know, is they're kind of trying to change their personality, right. You know, You've made this decision that you want to have less negativity in your life, and it sounds as that you're sticking to that decision, and you made the decision to quit going on these message boards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, Okay, do.
Speaker 3: You hate any other stuff or just fat people?
Speaker 1: I mean, I can't lie, you know, I do have some other prejudices in me, okay, but I guess that's the most prevalent one, you know, okay.
Speaker 5: Yea, And.
Speaker 3: How as you're moving forward are you are you hoping to work on your prejudices?
Speaker 1: You know, I guess it sounds cheesy, but you know, just I guess do experiences, you know, not just with you says sad people or whatever, but just experience new things, like I guess I since I started college, I don't really hang out with many people besides my girlfriend, And you know, I think I just need to experience more things with more different types of people versus hanging out with the same people I have for years. At this point, you know, make new friends, just get some different points of view, you know, even if I don't agree with all of them, because I don't, because I'm pretty set my ways a lot about a lot of things. But at least I'm the kind of person that at least I think I can just have a discussion with people about different viewpoints. Like you know, Le, I don't necessarily agree with all your opinions, but I do love your show, and you know, it opens me up to two more things that I wouldn't really think about before.
Speaker 3: So well, what opinions have I expressed that you disagree with?
Speaker 1: Nothing in particular. I think just sometimes your mindset is kind of like and none of this like matters, you know, but it's it's nothing like huge, It's just you know, well we can't agree.
Speaker 3: On everything, but I know I'm open to I'm open to discussing. I'm always open to discussing.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Like, there was that fucking real therapist guy that I talked to, Yeah, like, what what did you what about the mindset of nothing matters? What's your counterpoint to that?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I can't say, you know, you definitely do preach positivity on the people, but you know, that's that's my main thing, is that I guess I'm trying to just be better at making a positive impact on people I meet. You know, even if say I don't really you know, I have a lot of experiences of people being very rude to me because I'm the sports officially and I do baseball, and people are just kind of horrible to to umpires and officials. But I at least try my best to you know, be civil within you know, pleasurable. That's not the word pleasant with everybody that I mean, you know, so at the very least, even if I don't like them. You know, I don't want to come off as a rude because it's just adding more negativity into the world, which I have enough of, which I need to get rid of.
Speaker 3: You know, well, listen, these are all good things. That says what you says that you're in nineteen Yeah, okay, Well, well listen, I'm going to say this good that you're I I fully and utterly believe in the uh, you know, capacity to grow and space is needed. And I think you know the fact that you're coming at this uh really self aware of of, you know, the things in your life and the thoughts that are that are holding you back from a deeper experience as a human being on this earth. It's good to have that awareness, especially uh, you know, so young, because it takes a lot of people a lot of time too to wake up from that. Some people never do, you know, they become they keep that, they keep their prejudices with them held tightly and you know, into into their you know, to their fucking deaths some people. So this is good, man. It's good that you're going to try to put yourself out there in situations where you can talk to people that maybe you wouldn't normally normally talk to mhmm, gee, how recent of a thing is this?
Speaker 1: Probably, I guess in the last couple of years. I lost weight about two and a half years ago, and since then it's been like, you know, I guess I started to develop the mindset of like, like, you know, I can do it, why can't you do it? But you know that's not necessarily untrue, but it's like not that important. You know, if other people want to look like that, I can't stop them. There's plenty that you can't stop other people from doing unhealthy things, like you know, smoking or drugs whatever.
Speaker 3: So it's true, it is, it is, Uh, it is ultimately I mean, that's the thing about a lot of these things, is it's ultimately irrelevant to your own life. I don't know, yeah, man, I think of it that stuff too. I've had things. I've had that thought sometimes with certain things of like, well, if I can do this, how come these people can't do it? And you know, I don't know. We all have our own fucking things, man, We all have our own struggles and our own levels of energy and whatever other factors as to why we don't operate the same exact way as the next person. Why are you laughing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Reprove me again?
Speaker 1: Well, wow, is it inappropriate to ask, like, you know, for just for your perspective, like what's your relationship.
Speaker 3: With with your weight and like health stuff? Like what do you ensure I feel about that? Sure? Sure, sure we can talk about that. Let's see.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, I think I need to grow up a little bit. I really do. I feel like I need to grow up a little bit, and I think I need to eat better and exercise more and all that stuff. It's you know, I'm in a cycle right now. If you want to be my therapy, get go, I'm in a cycle of I've.
Speaker 1: Always wanted to be your therapy. Get go, dude.
Speaker 3: Sure, let's why not, let's do it. I have I don't have. I don't feel like I have enough time and energy to eat correctly an exercise. But I don't have enough time and energy because I don't need healthy and exercise. I feel like if I eat healthy and exercise, I'd have more energy exactly. So it's I'm stuck in that vicious cycle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, what can I tell you? Like, I think eating and eating and working out are two different things. You know, if your goal is weight loss, like you don't have to step foot in such jet you.
Speaker 3: Know, Oh, I know, I know, But let me tell you what, Well, I got to tell you something. I got to tell you something. Will it's this is a shame, But like the way I feel when I am sitting in the parking lot of a Jack in the Box at one o'clock in the morning and I have my Cluck Chicken sandwich and my two tacos and my half onion rings, half fries, and the first bite that I'm taking of that Cluck Deluxe. I true, I'm say this with no FACTI facetiousness. I truly think it's the same way that people who are shooting up Heroin in a gutter field.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I know, you're exactly right.
Speaker 1: You're exactly right, and I'm not trying to be rude about comparing to a Heroin addict. But our bodies, you know, they can develop dependencies on any sort of substances. You know, you talked to people who addicted to jerking off, or video games or I don't know, suckling on people's feet, whatever, anything's going to be an addiction. You know that creates dopamine. But listen, while you can still go to Jack in the Box at one in the morning, right, but instead of getting the burger and two tacos and shit, why I just like get a burger and one talk. You know, you can lose weight and feel like you'll feel better. You can just like tone it down a little bit, just a little less food, and seriously, you'll see results. You can be like, hold on, hold on, hold on, this is easy, man. You know that's literally what I did. I was just eating the same stuff, but I was like, let me just cut this down by like thirty percent.
Speaker 3: And I mean, you know, I guess that's true. And I've always, I guess I've always felt like, well, I've always felt like I can't.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: My problem is, I've always been like an all or nothing guy. I've always been like either I am in the mindset of I'm gonna eat healthy or like I'm like doing fasting or I'm doing keto or something, or I'm not.
Speaker 1: No, don't know, you don't need to do that.
Speaker 3: Seriously, I know, but it's a problem. But it's prob because I know in my head. I know in my head, I'm like the only real way for sustainable change is to make it like a lifestyle, to incorporate it into my exactly.
Speaker 1: I know all these all these bad meme diets, do keto fasting, it's really unnecessary. Like, it's just about setting up like something you can do consistently that is not like too far over. You know, it's not over your daily burn calories. It's seriously that easy. And if you get in the mindset of like, I can do what I'm doing now, just tone it down a little bit, you'll feel great. You'll like it feels amazing. Honestly, I don't think I can do I don't think I can running.
Speaker 3: I don't think I can do what I'm doing now and tone it down a bit and lose weight. I don't think that me going to Jack in the Box at one o'clock in the morning and getting the cluck sandwich and one taco instead of two tacos. By the way, it comes that you order two tacos. It comes with two tacos. But okay, I don't think that that would You know, you don't have to brag that you've never been to Jack in the Box.
Speaker 1: No, I mean it's not it's not ideal.
Speaker 3: But kidding. I don't think you're bragging, Like I think you're.
Speaker 1: The kind of guy that can get it done. Seriously, I know I need to grow up.
Speaker 3: I have this fucking podcast where I talk to people about their lives, and I I can't fix my own. That's it's really transtragic.
Speaker 1: You know, you can't.
Speaker 3: I really felt like I really have had epiphanies. I really have had epiphanies where I'm like, man, you know, I'm on this thing helping talking to people about their stuff, but I can't fucking not eat the two tacos.
Speaker 1: Well that's you know, that's that's anybody on the internet, to be honest, Like you go, you know, you like look up how to do something. You go and redd it and you're like and they're like, you know, giving you advice and have do shit, and you're like, well, what are their qualifications? You know, you're not a real therapist, but you're just a guy who's lived life, and overall you get pretty solid advice. So, I mean, nobody should ever take anyone's opinion one hundred percent, but you can just apply it to your own life in in different ways.
Speaker 3: You know, well, well will nineteen from Virginia. You've given me a lot to think about. You actually have. I'm going to try to take this with me when I When I usually I try to leave all the stuff on the table, But I'm going to try to take this one with me.
Speaker 1: Well, you should write it down, see, don't forget because Lyle, you can do it, you know.
Speaker 3: Oh man, all right, I'll try.
Speaker 2: You can do it.
Speaker 1: Just write down a piece of fucking just spread down a sticky note like put it above your betters up and so you don't forget, man, because otherwise it's probably just in one ear at the other. You do so many phone calls.
Speaker 3: You know you can do this, man, Is this what you wanted? Is that they were like? Is this is what you want from your friends? Is that they come to you with their stuff?
Speaker 1: This is exactly what I want for my friends.
Speaker 4: But none of.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I got I'm not really serious about it either. But how does how does it feel?
Speaker 1: It feels nice? I just want somebody to listen to my face.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. Here's my thing, though, is you're listen your rights And this is probably how people feel when I talk to them on the phone. Is that it's easy. It's me, They're all. This ship is easier said than done.
Speaker 1: It Yeah, it is. No, it's definitely not easy, but it's not all that hard, you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well tell me before we go. Let's give me one new experience that you're going to try out that you think will give you a greater perspective and be less hateful of people. And then if you do that, I'll eat one taco to nine instead of two.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I can talk about something I did yesterday, which was I did try I did try shroom yesterday with some friends, one of whom is overweight, and I don't know, I can't say it changed my life, but it definitely made me. I'd say it up to my overall mood. It's been a couple of days now by like ten to fifteen percent, So maybe that will help me in the long run.
Speaker 3: But I don't know if doing mushrooms, because I.
Speaker 1: Know that's the whole new I know that's the whole new canal.
Speaker 3: I got you, all right, I guess I guess listen, all right, I guess if you're trying to hate fat people less, doing mushrooms with the fat guy counts all right, I'll give you. I'll tell you what. I'll give you that in terms of that as an experience that will help you get over your hatefulness. I'll give you that as an equivalent of me eating one taco instead of two. I think that's a fair trade.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can do that, Will.
Speaker 3: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before you go? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to ask, are you coming to DC in your tour next year or I guess this year?
Speaker 3: Fucking I think so. I know I'm coming to the East Coast. I know I'm going back to Philly. I know I'm going back to New York. So worst case scenario, if I don't come to DC, you can.
Speaker 1: Drive, well, I can go to Philly. Okay, Well, i'll see you there and i'll see if you remember me.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I'll bring you up on stage. And if I look thinner, then you know it worked. And if I look fatter, then you know you can come up on stage and tell me to eat only one taco again.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Lyle, I love the show.
Speaker 3: Thanks shotting me on man, appreciate it. Well, take care, all right, I don't know. Here's the thing. I've had this conversation with so many people just goes in circles. But all you fucking oolful, I'll figure myself out, you know eventually, maybe.
Speaker 2: I I.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've let it sling, I've let it slide by the waystside. Okay, tonight, one taco, maybe a taco and a half. Maybe we start with a taco and a half. See where that gets us? Hello? Hi, who is this?
Speaker 2: Oh? Hi?
Speaker 5: This is Lynette and Jacqueline.
Speaker 3: Hi, Lyle Hiland, Nette and Jacqueline. How are you guys doing.
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 5: How are you handsome?
Speaker 3: I'm feeling pretty good. I'm hanging out, I'm being a gecko. I'm talking to people in the computer. What are you guys up to?
Speaker 5: That's why we called?
Speaker 3: How can I How can I get you guys this evening?
Speaker 5: Listen?
Speaker 4: Listen?
Speaker 5: So you have two grown ass women with kids pushing forty and I'm the youngest child that's going to be thirty five in two weeks and I'm still getting yelled at.
Speaker 4: By my mother.
Speaker 3: So okay, help, who am I talking?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry? I want to be able to tell a difference between you guys. Who who was just talking? Just now, Jacqueline, Jacqueline. Okay, so you're pushing forty and your mother is still a yelling at you.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm pushing thirty five and my mother's still yelling. But my older sister, who's pushing forty is not getting yelled at. Okay, she's the safe child.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Jacqueline is getting yelled at and Lynette is not getting yelled at. Exactly Okay, what is what are you getting yelled at for?
Speaker 5: Just everything? My my older sister can talk about anything.
Speaker 3: Okay, tell me the last thing. Tell me the last thing your mother yelled at you about.
Speaker 5: So I'm going to keep it. So, my older sister randomly decided to say that she was the only one that didn't do a recreational drug, and I was like, okay, well I'm the only one that didn't do a hallucinetic jug and she told me to keep it down.
Speaker 3: Your mother told you to keep it dead yell.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, why was the baby getting yelled at?
Speaker 3: Okay, Lynette, what's your take on this?
Speaker 5: Well, clearly, I'm the favorite child. So honestly, I call my mom every day and she does not call myr mom every day because she used to live ten minutes away from me, and she just moved three hours away from me. That's why I don't call her every day. Okay, but I lived sixteen hours away and I've called them every day for the last twenty years. Okay, clearly I am the favorite, but I'm the baby.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jacqueline, tell me, I mean, let's let's talk about this independent of your sister. What are the problems. What would you say are the problems in your relationship with your mom that you would like to see fixed.
Speaker 5: I really don't have any I just want to I want to stop getting yelled at. I think because it's I'm the baby, and I get away with a lot of stuff situation. But no, I'm not going to talk about this sleeping. My husband's like chiming in because he's mad. We're in twin bed because we're visiting for the holidays. It's a fool, but it's a full even worse. But no, Okay, have you ever got the baby?
Speaker 3: Uh? Huh?
Speaker 5: I no, I think because the baby and she may be more protective of me. But at the same time, to put in perspective, my sister had to wait until she was like twenty five to get her belly button peers, and I got mine when I was here, so I was eighteen. So why am I getting yelled at when I got away with so much more stuff? Now that I'm almost forty, you got away with so much more stuff, and me as the older person, they had to learn through me to for you to get away with stuff, And now they're letting me be very free, and now they're mad about the things that you're doing.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I was leaving New York.
Speaker 5: We're not sitting on a white clause?
Speaker 3: Are you okay? Can you guys, can you guys, Can you guys do me a favorite? Can you guys do me a favor? And please not read the chat and just talk to me. It gets really distracting when you guys are reading the chat. Okay. So you clearly have the a problem with your mom yelling at you. Have you ever talked to her about this problem that you have with her yelling at you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: But no, but I tell her to do it all the time. And I always talk to my mom and tell my mom to talk to her about the problems. I swear I'm the middle person, so I hear it from my mom and then I hear it from my sister and I'm always telling them to talk about it and they never do.
Speaker 3: What am Are there fucking three of you guys?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay and Jacks okay, all right, I got confused for a second. Okay, all right, I'm gonna let me just talk straight to Jacqueline real quick. Okay, So have you or have you not had a conversation with your mom where you tell her that you're upset with her about the way that she has been treating you.
Speaker 5: I'll be honest and say no.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I mean, listen, you might benefit from doing that, right because your mom might not even have any idea that you're feeling this way, because you know, you can't expect people to be mind readers. So if you're feeling a certain way in this relationship you have with your mom, you know you should tell her.
Speaker 5: I agree with that.
Speaker 3: Okay. You say that you sound like you have a reservation with having this conversation with your mom. What would that reservation be?
Speaker 5: I do, because we're both capacorns. What we're both capacorns. We're both stubborn.
Speaker 3: You and your mom are both stubborn. Yeah, Okay, Well, let me ask you this. Do you do you want and and there's no right or wrong answer to this question. Do you want to fix this issue?
Speaker 5: I do? And like, you know what, it's it's not a big deal when the family gets together because my sister and I live like staateth away, I'm in Florida and ju Virginia. But when we get together, we're like, hey, what's up? Because we realize that there's a problem.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you both realize there's a problem, and neither of you are making the steps to talk about the problem. Yeah, okay, okay, talk about the problem. I don't know. Stubbornness, your stubbornness that you that you have self proclaimed for yourself. Does it does it really serve you in any way, shape or form life? Okay? Well, if if it doesn't a rich your life, then then then why why do you go hold on to this this idea of yourself as being stubborn?
Speaker 5: I just I just don't understand why I'm getting yelled at. I get it, I really do, I truly do.
Speaker 3: Okay, But Louise, okay, listen, if I if I could say a couple of things, Uh, if if you're looking upon yourself and this idea that you have of yourself as being stubborn because you're a Capricorn. And you you know, as as I've asked you just now whether or not that idea or that schema that you have of yourself from that character trait is serving you, and you said it's not. I think you might benefit from from dropping that character trait to the best of your ability. And uh, if you truly do want to fix this issue that you have with your mom, uh, you know, go go talk to her about it, because it could be a beautiful thing. Right, because you're you're sitting here and you're like, I don't I want to know why I'm always getting yelled at, and you're You're never going to know. You only have your assumptions, which you know, assumptions.
Speaker 5: You don't want to cause any more drama?
Speaker 3: Why why why would that cause it any drama?
Speaker 5: But you're right, You're totally right.
Speaker 3: What well, well, hold on, why do you think it would cause drama to talk to your mom?
Speaker 5: Because I'm putting I'm putting her on the spot, and that's my mama. Nobody wants to put their mom on the spot, am I right?
Speaker 3: Okay, let me let me bring this up to you. If you were to who talk to your mom in such a way where you're not, you know, telling her how she is, but you're telling her how you feel. You're using this is something we learned in you know, as children, the eye statements genius thing applicable highly in adulthood as well, is the I statement. So if you were to talk to your mother and go, you know, I feel belittled when you yell at me for these things, and you really come at it from a point of view of you know, you're telling her how you feel, unless of a less of you know, this idea you might have in your mind of the only way to do it being a hostile attack on her, then it won't cause any drama, unless if your mom is the kind of person that will interpret you expressing your feelings to her as an attack on her, in which case there is very little you can do about that.
Speaker 4: But exactly, yes, exactly, and.
Speaker 3: Listen this very little and listen, there's very little you can do about that if your mom is the kind of person to interpret you sharing your feelings as an attack on her. But in terms of of examining what in this situation is within your control. It's within your control to try and not assume off the bat that your mother will take it as an attack, because that assumption won't serve you, you know, go ahead and try at the very least. Is that fair? Is e anything I'm saying fair to you?
Speaker 5: Yo? One hundred percent? I completely agree And no, you're completely right. Like if if we were to put her on the spot, and that was my older sister saying, yes, that's exactly how she is. No one wants to be pro on the spot. No one wants to be like proved wrong.
Speaker 3: Does not this But this is not a right or wrong thing, And this is not a putting on the spot thing. This is like you know, I think if if you want to do your if you if you don't want her to frame it as that, then you have to not frame it as that. Right. I don't think you guys are preemptively framing you expressing your feelings to your mom as some kind of like proving her wrong or putting her on the spot. That's not what we're doing. You know, You're just expressing yourself. Okay, You're not putting anyone on the spot. You're not coming at people. Okay, this is not a hostile attack. This is not a war, This is not a you versus your mom. This is just you expressing yourself to your mom, because she might not know how she's making you feel when she's yelling at you. So if you if you don't want her to frame it as an attack, you need to make sure that you are not thinking of it as an attack.
Speaker 5: Either being defensive. Okay, I no, I agree with that, because I can come into a situation very defensive.
Speaker 3: Yes, And look, I understand you know, you know your mom, and I don't know your mom, so I understand why you have this idea of how she might react to uh, you know you, uh, you know, expressing yourself to her, and but you never know until you try.
Speaker 5: So Yeah. Also, her birthday tomorrow, so happy birthday, mom, Happy birthday.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday Mom. You should you should call her on her birthday.
Speaker 5: No, she's with us, she's obscurius, which is with you right now?
Speaker 3: Could you could you hear this conversation?
Speaker 5: No, she's no, no, no, no, she's sleeping upstairs. We're we're all together on a family vacation. But she's already a sleep upstairs.
Speaker 3: Are you guys having fun?
Speaker 5: So this is the highlight of the family vacation.
Speaker 3: This right now, you guys talking to me is the highlight of the family vacation. No, where are you guys on vacation at?
Speaker 5: So I'm from Florida and I'm visiting my sister in Virginia and my parents are from Florida as well. So we all did a road trip.
Speaker 3: Oh, you guys are in Virginia. Okay, this might be the highlight of your vacation. Actually, I can't imagine what it is you guys are doing and having fun in Virginia.
Speaker 5: Hey, we went to Bush Gardens?
Speaker 3: All right, that's pretty good. Did you ride the Manta.
Speaker 5: I didn't cook close for the season, unlike Florida, where it's opened year round where I'm from.
Speaker 3: Okay, So are you going to talk to your mom?
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, but not on.
Speaker 5: Her birthday tomorrow. But no, Like absolutely, I completely agree with you. Like I paid hundreds of dollars for counseling, and I've got better advice from you, Lyle.
Speaker 3: I'm glad to hear that. And you know what, you can have this one for free.
Speaker 5: I know you're the best and I'm so glad you.
Speaker 3: Fixed your glove, Lynette and Jacqueline. Is there anything else you guys want to say to me or to the people, as the computer before.
Speaker 5: We go, just happy New Year, and just absorb every amount of love and happiness and light because time flies, How kind?
Speaker 3: How kind? Now you're right, Time does fly, and before you know it, you and everyone you love will be extremely dead dead.
Speaker 5: Love's morbid, but you're right. Hey, you guys, have a good night, thanks, Lyle, Mary.
Speaker 3: Christens, Merry Christmas. I cut them off right when this Onry Christmas. All right, here's my astrology thing, and I don't want to I'm not I don't yuck people's gems, all right. I don't judge people about their things, but I guess what I don't. One thing I just don't like about astrology is this idea that you guys know what a schema is. We've talked about this shit on here before. I'm not a real therapist, by the way, so don't I don't want. But I do like that word schema. It's a therapist, the word. But one thing I don't like about astrology is that people like who really like cling to it. They form schemas about themselves based upon their sign that I find dangerous. Again, I don't want to yuck people's yum. If you're in astrology. I'm not here to be like, oh, it's fake and shitty. I have everything's fuck you know that's not I don't care about any of that. I just care about again, this idea that people are like, well, I'm a Capricorn and it says here on this horoscope or it says here in this book or whatever that Capricorns are stubborn, and then it becomes some kind of a self fulfilling prophecy. And I find that dangerous. But you know, I don't know. Live your life, do whatever you gotta do. I hope that she has the conversation that she needs to have, and I hope that they find other fun things to do in the in the great state of Virginia. Hi, Hello, Gek, Yeah, who is this?
Speaker 4: This is Andy? How are you doing, Gek?
Speaker 3: I'm doing all right, Andy? What's going on?
Speaker 4: Not a bunch? Have you ever heard about the chicken fucker from Possham Hallwinds?
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, just to.
Speaker 4: Set the stage, my whole outside of the family originates from this place in Kentucky that was called Posham Hollers. My grandma had a cousin whose chickens kept dying. Well, their neighbors chickens kept dying and they couldn't figure out why. Well, one day the neighbor up the hill saw my grandma's cousin fucking the chickens. And the kicker to this story is the way the family decided to handle this was to send my grandma over there so he would fuck her and not the chickens.
Speaker 1: She didn't do it, but.
Speaker 3: Was so how did this eventually resolve? Did he eventually stop fucking the chickens?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 4: I have never asked them that, but I'm assuming since everyone found them out. I wonder how they picked her though, Like did they have all the cousins do their best chicken dance or like what? I don't know what transpired.
Speaker 3: Now, your grandma was also your grandfather's cousin.
Speaker 4: No, no, it was my grandma and her cousin was the one to fuck the chickens.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh, okay, so your grandmother's cousin was fucking chickens.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Correct, and uh, your grandma's family sent her over so that her cousin, so that the guy could fuck his cousin instead of his chickens. Precisely interesting. Now I'm very fascinated because why did they feel as though fucking the fucking your cousin is worse, is not as bad as fucking chicken?
Speaker 4: Right right? I don't know if it was a whole Well, if we keep if we at least keep them away from bestiality, but I mean, incest is no better.
Speaker 3: It's funny because I'm wondering that, right, I'm like, is it better or worse to fuck a chicken than your cousin? Like I'm like, in a would you rather scenario, like if there's some kind of objective totem pole of you know, sexual depravity, I don't know which one is worse. I get all right, you know what I'm just gonna say. I'm in a form an opinion on this. I think fucking a chicken is worse than fucking your cousin, because people, because there's a there's a history. I don't think it has ever been societally accepted to fuck chickens, but at some point in our timeline, it was totally societally acceptable to fuck your cousin. We don't go by those standards, right, it still is in some way, all right, So all right, so I see what they were doing. They were like, this guy is depraved. Let's you know, we're not going to get him to non you know, to fuck non cousin human people, you know, immediately, but we wean him off by starting him with his cousin. I don't think that that was I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say this. I'm gonna say this. I don't think that that was necessarily a good strategy in practice, but I understand the intention behind it.
Speaker 4: Right, It's like they might have had good intentions, but the end result is still not very good.
Speaker 3: And I'm glad. Tell your grandmother. Is your grandmother still alive?
Speaker 4: She is? She is like the most important person in my life.
Speaker 3: Tell your grandmother that good for her for not fucking her cousin, because she shouldn't fuck she why, you know, just because they had this plan to get you know, well, the plan doesn't work because now they bring horror into the private because now both of them are sucking their cousin. So again, I guess so again, I'm not gonna say it's a good plan or that it was even good intentions. I just I understand what they were going for and I disagree with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just bad all around.
Speaker 3: What's your grandmother doing? Is she around? Can we talk to her?
Speaker 4: Oh? No, she's not. I live like an hour away from her. Okay, you'll probably kill me if you're telling this story on the internet.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, then we won't tell anyone that you're telling us. This will listen, Andy, Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: If you're fucking chickens, make sure your neighbors can't see.
Speaker 1: No, I'm kidding.
Speaker 4: Don't fuck chickens, and don't fuck your cousins.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know what? Two good sentiments to end on. Have a good night, lyle okay, take care In.
Speaker 6: The repeat Cat goes on the line taking your phone.
Speaker 2: Calls every night.
Speaker 3: Never beat Cant goes doing to ride. He's teaching you how to live your life, but he's not really an expert.