Speaker 1: The second day. You know, sometimes in order to find the right person, you have to kiss a few frogs first. That explains why I'm banned from the amphibian exhibit at the aquarium.
Speaker 2: But it very literally.
Speaker 1: You have heard the phrase though, sometimes you got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince or your mister.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, one of our listeners says that happened to her recently, and now she needs our help. So let's welcome to the show, Carolyn. What's up, Carolyn?
Speaker 4: Even second face with some reptiles, Carolyn, Amphibians, that's what they are. Yeah, that reptile is a different Sorry, reptiles, any small slimy animal.
Speaker 1: Come on over, Yeah, what happened? Why? Why did you say that you were kissing frogs?
Speaker 5: So I had a friend, sicks me up and she says she had a great guy for me. She thought we'd got along great.
Speaker 2: Did that work out for you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it ever does.
Speaker 5: I show up at the date, first of all, looks from not everything. But I walk over and I'm like, oh, this is who my friend is to scept with. Maybe he's got this amazing person. He's really funny, amazing personality.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you weren't initially attracted to him on first.
Speaker 6: I was not, but I'm trying to keep an open mind because my friends dicks me up for a reason, and then we start the date and I do not He did not say a word, but he's silent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like I would ask questions and it would be like one word answers.
Speaker 1: He was quiet and he listened to you. God, what a joy.
Speaker 3: He was not listening at all.
Speaker 5: She didn't talk at all. It didn't ask me anything about myself. I'm like asking about him. He's giving me these one word answers.
Speaker 6: So uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: I've never eaten so fast in my life.
Speaker 2: Were you like texting your friend under the table, like what the hell?
Speaker 5: No, because I was too busy shoving food in my face because I wanted to get out of there.
Speaker 1: I see a girl finish her food fast. Now I'm gonna be very self.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She immediately asked for it to go.
Speaker 4: Okay, wait, why are you on for a second date update with a guy you didn't like?
Speaker 5: Oh, here's the thing. So I had that horrible date with my friends that my friend sicked me up with it, and so I thought I'm not gonna let my friend or anyone else pick me up. I'm gonna try this on my own because nothing can be worse than that date.
Speaker 1: Okay, you've taken dating into your own hands now.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So then I went to online dating because at least then I can go by I find this person attractive, at.
Speaker 6: Least in their pictures.
Speaker 5: Yeahah, So there was a guy that we had been texting and he seemed to be like cool. Name is Scott, and we were Scott, Yeah, I we're saying like a fun banter with the tech.
Speaker 2: Okay, Scott, Yeah hot, Scott. I like it. Hose would you guys end up doing on a date?
Speaker 5: So mine grabbed a bit tea and it was, honestly like the universe was like, we know you had that crappy date, and now we are thing you've got like it magical, Like thea was blowing. He was asking me questions.
Speaker 6: I was asking him.
Speaker 5: Questions, like I kept ordering for food because I didn't want the date to end.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it was your third entree that turned him off.
Speaker 1: Or maybe it was because your last day before set the bar so low for you. Oh yeah, thats just an average to below average guy was good enough.
Speaker 2: That's just all dating in general.
Speaker 8: Yea, how can he asked one question and you're like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: That's sweet, though, I mean, how did the date end for you guys?
Speaker 5: You know, he walked me to my car. We had a sweet kish. Yeah. So I was really hopeful. And now it's been over a week and I haven't heard anything that.
Speaker 1: Seems weird if it went as well as you said. I mean, looking back on the night, was there anything that was awkward or any any moment that could have stood out as something that could have been a red flag?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 5: Maybe, but to me, it's like a little red flag.
Speaker 7: Okay, what I had ordered.
Speaker 5: The chicken letuce wraps as an aptizer. Remember they're talking for so long, and then I ordered them again later forgetting that I had ordered them before. Oh my god, No, so he might, I don't. I mean, that's the only thing I can think of. I feel like you said anything, and I tried to play it off like.
Speaker 2: He didn't make fun of you in that moment.
Speaker 4: I would have probably made fun of you, like, man, you loved these lettuce wraps.
Speaker 5: He was kind of like, you know, you just had those, and I was like, oh my, oh my gosh, I totally did, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Having so much fun when you you forgot that. You like, how many things did you order in between?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 7: Well, not a.
Speaker 4: Lot, But I think the better question is how many drinks did you have between them?
Speaker 5: Or god, we'll just say a lot of time in the past. So to me, it wasn't weird because.
Speaker 2: It's it's weird, but it's not a reason not to call something back.
Speaker 1: Right right, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe let us be a no go for you.
Speaker 1: You're like too healthy for me. Oh that's all singing.
Speaker 2: It could be like a diet might not get a dessert or something.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: Honestly, it was probably adrenaline of like, oh my gosh, this guy's not a total bill. Maybe I was a little over anxious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or maybe you're over eager and that could be a.
Speaker 1: Turn, but you might not think that.
Speaker 2: So well, he's not calling her back, so he's thinking something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's find out what he is thinking. I wish that we had the power to just tap into his mind, but we have to call him first, so.
Speaker 8: That'd be a cool segment.
Speaker 1: I know we're working on that technology till then they'll just do it the old fashioned way with a second date update. Get it done right after this. Okay, okay, we're in the middle of your second date update with Carolyn, who, after being set up on a horrible date by her good friend, was really to match online with a great guy named Scott. Hot Scott Hot. Scott was good looking, he knew how to actually talk and ask questions, phenomenal kiss her. And now we're in the middle of your second date update with Carolyn, who, after being set up on a terrible date by her good friend, was relieved to match online. Oh did I say the exact same thing twice in the same segment, because Carolyn ordered the same appetizer twice without realizing it and thought maybe her memory could have come into question, or maybe Scott would have thought that was weird, or maybe.
Speaker 2: Her passion for lettuce Raps is just that strong.
Speaker 1: That's what you should have said to him, Carolyn.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, that's so funny.
Speaker 2: I can't believe he hasn't called you back at all.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I was just do you feel like maybe it was too good to be true?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that you're holding onto hold.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you how many people have come on the show and been like the date was too good. There's got to be a reason for this. Let's find out. I'm gonna call him right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, great, here we go.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hey is a Scott?
Speaker 3: It is who is calling?
Speaker 1: Good questions? Scott? I heard that you were good at listening and asking questions right off. We're proud of you, man.
Speaker 2: Excuse yeah, you tell them who we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, we're brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Not as good as listening.
Speaker 1: No, we're a radio show.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I'm sorry, I'm a little confused.
Speaker 1: We want to make you the star of this segment called second Date Update. Congratulations, Second date Update.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Have you heard of those before?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: And honestly, I don't really have time.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we'll make we'll make it really fast. We'll make it really fast. So you went you went out recently with one of our listeners named Carolyn. She told us she had a great time at dinner.
Speaker 3: With you, and then okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So cutting me off there, that's a little bit rude. But you know what, I'm gonna give you the benefit of doubt because the time thing.
Speaker 3: Sorry, this is just kind of super weird.
Speaker 4: I mean, she just really liked you and you weren't calling her back, so she just wanted to know if she did something wrong.
Speaker 1: Okay, And she did tell us a little bit about your guys this night together, going to dinner and ordering a bunch of food and having a lot in common. Yeah, pretty vague, I know, but kind of what we do.
Speaker 3: We had a good time, you know, we do have a lot in common.
Speaker 2: Okay. That was her review of the night too. Was a kiss at the end of the night.
Speaker 7: Lovely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we made out a little bit. It felt really nice and things are going great.
Speaker 1: That sounds good. I mean usually when we do these, though, there is something that was a little bit off, something wrong.
Speaker 2: Yep, there was to answer on all this.
Speaker 1: You mean, like the date, there was something off.
Speaker 3: No, it's just kind of uh embarrassing. It turned out that we had a little more in common than I would have liked to know.
Speaker 1: I sought.
Speaker 3: We had a great time. We did have a great time. Okay, she's she's a wonderful girl. She was kind of naturally hilarious. She ordered the same rap twice without realizing it. Yeah, that she let me have it like it was delicious. So I mean, I I totally get it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, what's the part that weirded you out?
Speaker 3: So I got home and I was talking to my roommate about the date and that went great, and he's like, oh, yeah, show me this girl. So I bring a profile and I show him, and I mean it's like his eyes just went wide his saucers and I was like wow. He was like, dude, he knew her. No, no, he didn't know her. It was kind of word I wish he had known her. But he was like, dude, do you not see it? Like she's your dopple bank and banger?
Speaker 2: Is that a doppel ganger that you bang?
Speaker 3: I was like, what what is a doppel banger? And he was like, bro, she looks exactly like you, Like you'd be banging yourself if you, I.
Speaker 4: Know, couples like that, Blonde couples look like blonde.
Speaker 1: Yea attracted to yourself.
Speaker 3: That's kind of what weird to be out at first. Was that put me in this self reflective mode, which was a little scary. But he was like, no, seriously, like put your your picture right next to hers. And I I put him side by side in like a pig stitchap and it was like a Twilight Zone episode that was so freaked out. But she's so nice. I didn't know how to be like, hey, so you're my long loft twin, so I can't date you.
Speaker 4: But I've heard that it's just like evolution, like people want to be attracted to people who look like them simply because they want their babies to look like them, you know.
Speaker 1: Like it's yeah, that's family what she's attracted.
Speaker 8: My husband does not look like me, but bro, if you think about it, she's also very big headed because she told us she thought you were hot.
Speaker 3: She's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Oh so you would make a lovely woman then, Scott.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've been told that I have nice lashes.
Speaker 2: I think you can still make this work if you can get over the I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's one of those things. At first, I would have been like, no, you're wrong, it's fine, we're gonna keep dating. But after seeing it side by side, I cannot unsee it. It's like a psychological trip. Man.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you guys look alike. That's one obstacle. I'm curious if you guys sound alike and we can compare voices right now because she's on the other line wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Hi kidding me, Scott?
Speaker 7: Is this some type of joke? Like this is a joke.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't get it.
Speaker 3: It's not. I'm sorry, Look if you don't believe me, Like, are you serious? We take our pictures and right now each other send her the picture? You sorry?
Speaker 7: Uh huh. Here's the thing. I have friends that have look alike and you put in a picture and they look like But when you're actually in life, they don't look alike because there are personalities, they're animation. The way they talk is so different, and so I don't understand.
Speaker 3: I know, I know.
Speaker 7: I was like, maybe give it another chance to see and then maybe if we can't get past it. But I think when we're with each other in person, you'll see that the way that we act is different.
Speaker 1: I mean, we you have good chemistry. Is it because you're twins?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: What are you really worried about, Scott? Like, what's the worst thing that could possibly happen if you go out with Carolyn?
Speaker 3: People are gonna think that I make it out my sister, Like we'll be in the park.
Speaker 1: Now that might be a treat for some people, though I don't think of only the people that aren't gonna like it. Then there's people that will like it.
Speaker 8: Depends on what area of the country you're in.
Speaker 4: Scott All you have to do, listen, all you have to do is change your hair color. Yeah, I mean honestly, like people always say my husband looks like Jeffrey, and they don't look anything alike when they're in person.
Speaker 2: Sometimes their pictures look similar.
Speaker 4: But if one of them were to dye their hair blond, nobody would know it any different.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I think this is the first time we've ever asked a listener to change their hair color on a date, just so that they could get another chance. Why stop there, Let's do cosmetic surgery too. How about a chin lift?
Speaker 3: We have had a lot more people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, we have a plastic surgeon.
Speaker 7: Maybe maybe then. I just think it's a shame to wait. That's good chemistry, because you just don't meet people you connect with like that, And if you're willing to just let that go because of a perceived stopple banger, then maybe you're not the person I thought you were.
Speaker 2: That's a challenge I hear a challenge right there.
Speaker 3: I am happy to continue our relationship, but like on a family level.
Speaker 1: You've never heard that before on the show. What does that mean?
Speaker 3: I would love to continue our relationship like as a friends, so that I could just bring you home to meet my parents because it will blow their minds.
Speaker 1: Wow, he wants you to meet the parents on day two.
Speaker 7: That's gonna be a hard pass. So I'm just gonna say, I guess I dodged the bullet and you're not. I thought you were.
Speaker 8: Imagine the first and our parents are like, Scott, did you make a life decision and tell it?
Speaker 1: Sounds like a sibling rivalry is happening.
Speaker 2: Okay, you are making it worse.
Speaker 7: Clearly, I'm not going to come out on top of this, so I'm just gonna just bow out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry, Carolyn.
Speaker 1: That sucks.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe next time, don't call a radio stations the figure things ou.
Speaker 7: Don't let your roommates who you were based on a picture.
Speaker 2: I think wins that burden.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Is it too late to ask if you guys want to go out on a second date, we'll pay for it? Is that too late? Your family looking Jeffrey in the morning. You know, people always tell me this show is an educational People say, you don't learn anything. We learned, Well, we just learned a new word today, doppel band.
Speaker 2: I could already apply it to a couple couples that I know.
Speaker 1: It's a little thing that actually happens where people hook up with someone because they look like the other gendered version of yourself.
Speaker 8: Version of yourself to me, Yeah, I wonder what female Jose looks like and how much they talk.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't need two of you.
Speaker 1: But you know, it's kind of funny that he didn't realize it until his buddy told him. He didn't. He would never have noticed until somebody else pointed it out.
Speaker 6: You do.
Speaker 8: You can't get it out of your head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And if you think about it, it actually is kind of good that his friend told him, because it's better to find out that now than later on down the road, Like as she's walking down the aisle and you're up on the altar and you're thinking, wait a second, am I walking towards myself an address?
Speaker 2: And I like it. I could still be a magical moment. Yeah, he missed out.
Speaker 1: Well, the bottom line, it didn't work out, but it doesn't mean it can't work out for you. You can always email the show. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back. You can hear all of our second eight podcasts too, up online wherever you get your
Speaker 3: Podcast Brooking Jeffrey in the Morning