Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Jim Statovec along with Carol Mass. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We are joined by Bloomberg News. Acuis reporter Avalon Pernell. Earnings still coming in big, and we're seeing big moves as a result of these earnings.
Speaker 1: We are Data Dog that is ticker d Dog jumping now currently about thirty percent most of your day since twenty twenty three. That's after to software as a service company's first quarter results blue pass expectations, and they also boosted their full year guidance. I thought it was really interesting that Evercore also had a great note out saying that the forecast implies a healthy outlook for the second half of the year, which I feel like we haven't been hearing that as much for software as a service companies. But Data Dog is definitely doing well.
Speaker 3: The stock has been getting really beat up. If you look at where it was earlier this month, it was down close to fifty percent from highs just back in November. But now with today's increase, it's at the highest levels going back to last year to November, so it's actually getting closer to that high of last year.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm always like, well, okay, besides having a rough, rough good name, they're a cloud based platform. They help companies monitor and analyze activity on their network. So this plays into as more AI tools are adopted, right, Folks need these kinds of systems to kind of keep a track of it all. So yeah, it's just like all these ancillary you know that a Doug Yeah, real rough, I know, there we go, We're shall we go next.
Speaker 1: Tapestry, let's tick your TPR. Not as great news there. It's currently falling about eleven percent right now most interday since November. That's after the parent company of brands like Coach and Kate Spade gave a full year guidance at disappointed investors. Good point to mention that they just released their third quarter results, so now it's had like an implied fourth quarter question and Evercore says that the fourth quarter guidance implied shows that there could be a slight slow down at Coach, which we know coaches really been powering a lot of their gains and strength the less, so consumers not buy that's the question. I mean, if you look to like the management, they said, the commentary looks very differently. We're saying, no, gen z and younger millennials are still buying our products. But the fourth quarter, implied, seems a little bit conservative right.
Speaker 4: Now, Yeah, it does indeed. All right, off to the third choice, we go a company we love talking to, Whirlpool.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is ticker WHR currently down about twelve percent to hit the lowest inter day level since twenty eleven. That's after a household appliances manufacturers slashed its full year guidance and also disappointed generally speaking across the print management set at the war in Iran resulted in recession level industry decline in the US as consumers kind of look elsewhere or just choose to not upgrade their appliances. So definitely something to keep an eye on.
Speaker 3: Markets are the company we spoken in quite a bit over the past few years, he said.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 3: The combination of dropping consumer sentiment, decline of consumer demand, and the irrational industry pricing created an almost perfect storm during this first quarter.
Speaker 4: That's a lot. Yeah, that's pretty hefty. Especially when you have so many folks. I feel like you get enthusiasm from market watchers saying the economic numbers look good, things look good, and yet this is speaking really clearly to where consumers are not really.
Speaker 3: I mean, you look at this chart over the last five years, and it's just been a steady move down following the high of twelve of the end of the year of twenty twenty one. So since the beginning of twenty twenty two, stock is down seventy four percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know if this is indicative, but I just makeup room today and just all of us were talking about shelter costs. Folks who don't do spend money on healthcare. They're younger, but they're just like you know, maybe you know, but I just have to make choices. Car payments that are on average six or seven hundred dollars. You know, you throw insurance on top of it. It's really tricky for a lot of households. So an interesting swath of stocks right in terms of what's going on in our world. Avalon, thank you, always appreciate Avalon Pronounce's Bloomberg News Equities reporter.
Speaker 3: With today's stockmovers for more conversations like this. Check out our news Stockmovers podcast. You can subscribe for five minute episodes on the biggest winners and losers in the stock market. Checkout Stockmovers on Apple, Spotify, or anywhere you get your podcasts.
Speaker 4: You know they're called Stockmovers. Chris, there's stocks on the Move.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a really good name for the show. It kind of tells you what you're getting.
Speaker 2: Get this Stockmovers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the bloom Berg Business app. Mm hmm