Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's look at some of the stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepgar with Tom McKenzie. We're joined by Bloomberg and report to Chloie Malay Chloe, good morning, some fashion. First, the Indo text there's our owner reporting much needed revenue growth.
Speaker 4: Tell us more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, very strong sales for Indi Texts, as you said, so that really confirmed resilience in the face of much weaker consumer sentiment, which is an issue that's of course been flagged by some peers in that retail sector. But it seems that Inditext has maybe been able to weather that challenge a little bit better than competitors, and that is providing, as you said, some relief and some reassurance for investors after some lackluster performance from ind Texts recently, and there had been concerns that the company was losing steam and therefore this has been those results have been very reassuring and we saw that reflected in those shares that moved a much higher this morning, Lara, and Intertext as a whole has been facing a lot of quite a lot of slow down after reaching very great heights during the pandemic when everyone was shopping online. So it's also also been facing trade tensions of course, and softer demands, so all of those challenges that are facing the retail sector, as well as currency headwinds of course.
Speaker 4: But part of the strategy going forward for.
Speaker 1: Intertext is to refocus on the more upmarket segment and essentially try to move away from its image as a purely fast fashioned brand, which is going to be interesting to watch given that its ability to translate trends into designs in really really quick record time.
Speaker 4: Is what made it so successful.
Speaker 1: So an interesting move to want to be more in that upmarket side of things.
Speaker 4: What's going on with still Atis? Why is it a positive and a pretty strong session for stances at the car Group. Yeah, so we have two positive things for Stilantis this morning.
Speaker 1: So we had a UBS upgrade with and they're saying that twenty twenty six will be the year that Stilantis is able to make a comeback in North America, which is obviously something that has been setting the stage for throughout this year. And then there's also been a reported plan from a Trump administration to undo fuel efficiency standards that were put in place by the Biden administration. And so the idea is that these standards, those few efficiency standards are driving up the cost of new cars, and this is a move that's part of Trump's wider push to dismantle policies that he criticizes as an EV mandate. The thing is that easing fuel economy requirements is not really likely to change much for consumers immediately because carmakers are planning their lineups kind of years in advance. But shares are moving higher regardless of what they will actually mean in practice for Stilantis this morning. So we have got that upgrade and that Trump plan and that is seen as a positive for the company.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that on EVS, Yeah, which is interesting, isn't it? What's been happening on that front in Europe. Let's also think about Smith, which is a company based in the UK. They make these security scanners. What have they've been saying today?
Speaker 1: So, yeah, so it's an engineering company and they sold their Smith's detection unit to a private equity firm CVC.
Speaker 4: For a value of two billion pounds.
Speaker 1: So this Smith Detection unit is one that makes those airport scanners where you don't have to take out your liquids, So that's what they're primarily known for. And this is part of a strategy revamped for the company. And so they had four units before and they decided to sell two of those and to refocus fully on their core industrial operations instead. So last earlily earlier this year, they were actually sold Smith Interconnect, which was a division that made cables and wiring. But the share move today mostly has to do with the fact that the cell price was at the top end of expectations for Smith Detect and so a big portion of those proceeds will be returned to investors, and as saying that this really repositions Smith's as a more focused at lina company and that's making investors quite happy.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto. With the Bloomberg Business app